Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

I had a good start on this season, with a successful defense result. My opponent had the advantage of having a Lv 5+1 Fortress (O), while my Fortress (D) is Lv 4+1, but he didn't plan that well... Here's a tip: Don't try to tank a hit from Gunnthrá by using a blue unit with 34 Res (base Res of 25, +5 from Eir's Blessing, +4 from Offensive Fortress) which has -5 Atk and -7 Res from Yune's Chaos Named and Yune's Sabotage Res.

I made some mistakes of bad positioning some units that resulted in losing one unit in some battles, but overall I did a good job today.

10 hours ago, Johann said:

Spring Loki's not a bad unit to toss a Light Blessing on to if you have one to spare. Her Res is formidable, and getting the boost from Eir allows her to take on mage heavy maps pretty safely. I rationalized using a Light Blessing by the logic that we get one every 2 weeks anyway.

Oh, she is pretty good, but I don't want to invest on her because I don't plan to use her later in others modes.... maybe Squad Assault or Arena Assault, but even in these modes I don't know if I will use her... I even didn't teach her any skill.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off to a good start. Two full 131 victories on offense, and the first guy to challenge me lost two units, cutting my loss to 15. Special Spiral Ophelia is putting in good work.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

I decided not to put the effort in staying in Tier 19 because the higher you get the worse this game mode gets. 

Tier 18 is already a lot more fun because there are a lot less Reinhard, LAzura, Veronica, BBowBLYN, Sutr and Ophelia and the like.  Using one of those is fine imo but the moment you use more than those the matches just become a chore and just aren't fun anymore. So yeah I'm just going to try to keep myself in Tier 18.

I prefer this mode when I can see teams people made not to win but because they like the characters and put a lot of effort into them. Which I also somewhat did now by putting Julia, Eirika, Lethe, Lazura (I don't really like her that much but I like the synchronization with HMia) and Halloween Mia in the defense. 

The fuck? Why did I boot up the game this morning to find I was back in tier 16 when I just finished in 17 last night? I only have one defense loss for -40 lift and I was 200 lift away from tier 18. There is no legit way I should've lost so much lift in one morning. Is this a glitch?

Though on the bright side, I was able to win more battles again and put myself within 400 lift of tier 18.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The fuck? Why did I boot up the game this morning to find I was back in tier 16 when I just finished in 17 last night? I only have one defense loss for -40 lift and I was 200 lift away from tier 18. There is no legit way I should've lost so much lift in one morning. Is this a glitch?

Though on the bright side, I was able to win more battles again and put myself within 400 lift of tier 18.

When you are Tier 12 or higher, at the start of a new season, your Lift is reset to the bottom of the tier that you ended the previous season at (or the bottom of Tier 21 if you ended higher than Tier 21). This is designed to put all players who ended at a certain tier on the same footing going into the next season.

Because you ended last season at Tier 17, you start this season at 6,500 Lift regardless of if you ended last season with 6,500 Lift or 7,199 LIft.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

When you are Tier 12 or higher, at the start of a new season, your Lift is reset to the bottom of the tier that you ended the previous season at (or the bottom of Tier 21 if you ended higher than Tier 21). This is designed to put all players who ended at a certain tier on the same footing going into the next season.

Because you ended last season at Tier 17, you start this season at 6,500 Lift regardless of if you ended last season with 6,500 Lift or 7,199 LIft.

...Seriously? So any lift progress I made after the tier I will finish in is completely pointless and will be lost? That's incredibly lame. Sending feedback to ask this to be changed.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

...Seriously? So any lift progress I made after the tier I will finish in is completely pointless and will be lost? That's incredibly lame. Sending feedback to ask this to be changed.

The mechanic is entirely intentional. The entire point of the higher tiers is that they are spread apart by a large enough gap in Lift such that it becomes more difficult to progress. By resetting your Lift at the beginning of each season, you are forced to earn all of the Lift to go up a tier in a single week instead of being able to spread it out across multiple weeks.

There would be no point in the Tier system at all if Lift didn't reset.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The mechanic is entirely intentional. The entire point of the higher tiers is that they are spread apart by a large enough gap in Lift such that it becomes more difficult to progress. By resetting your Lift at the beginning of each season, you are forced to earn all of the Lift to go up a tier in a single week instead of being able to spread it out across multiple weeks.

There would be no point in the Tier system at all if Lift didn't reset.

I'm not saying lift shouldn't never reset at all. You're right, there would be no point in tiers if it didn't. But we already have it resetting past tier 21 and defense losses resulting in losing lift.

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm not saying lift shouldn't never reset at all. You're right, there would be no point in tiers if it didn't. But we already have it resetting past tier 21 and defense losses resulting in losing lift.

the road to Tier 21 is a hard one, but everyone had to burn themself through it... btw 2 Eirs will make reaching Tier 21 easier, at least that was the case for me due to increaded points. Its doable with 1 Eir but i missed the mark by 20 points once..

4 minutes ago, Hilda said:

the road to Tier 21 is a hard one, but everyone had to burn themself through it... btw 2 Eirs will make reaching Tier 21 easier, at least that was the case for me due to increaded points. Its doable with 1 Eir but i missed the mark by 20 points once..

Of course, I don't expect it to be easy. xP

Well, I don't have two Eirs.

i've been really happy that i've been able to maintain being in tier 20 the last little while. (I know this basically means i am going to have to hope to get the new astra hero whenever it comes to keep maintaining) but i also really don't care about being super high. i figure i am getting enough grails enough for me to get what i want when i need to (I personally am using the grail shop as a skill shop) - though i might nab a few units I didn't get the first time (Ie: Arden, Joshua, etc). 

I truly am not a fan of this mode and how it is set up. but i am glad i am doing moderately well at least. 

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Resetting past Tier 21 serves a completely different purpose than resetting between Tiers 12 and 20.

Resetting past Tier 21 is meant to make it so that the competition for the top 3,000 ranking rewards is actually competitive while simultaneously providing additional Tier rewards to encourage playing the mode even if you aren't aiming for top 3,000.

Resetting between Tiers 12 and 20 is designed to tier players by their ability to score. As you continue to progress up the tiers, it becomes harder and harder to earn all of the Lift needed to ascend a tier in a single season. For example, it takes 1,600 Lift to go from Tier 20 to Tier 21. If a player is incapable of earning 1,600 Lift in a single season, they stay at Tier 20 until they are able to score that much. If the system were changed to allow Lift to carry over between seasons, then every player that earns more points than they lose will make it to Tier 21, which defeats the purpose of the tier system.

Furthermore, defense losses resulting in losing lift is nowhere near enough of a means of balancing out a player's upwards tier progress. A player with perfect offense performance and no Mythic Hero scoring boost can earn 1,600 Lift in a single season. In contrast, the maximum Lift you can (feasibly) lose on defense is 560 Lift in a single season. This means that if your defense team loses every match that counts, you would still be able to make progress by having a 35% win rate on offense, which is a very low bar to meet.

In keeping with my luck in AR, my first Def result is a loss (killed one) and the next was a complete success. This has been happening for like 5 weeks in a row, guh. Really hope they're considering changing Def results in some way because it's frustrating to see my successes mean nothing, while screwing over a random person.

7 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Oh, she is pretty good, but I don't want to invest on her because I don't plan to use her later in others modes.... maybe Squad Assault or Arena Assault, but even in these modes I don't know if I will use her... I even didn't teach her any skill.

Yeah, I know what ya mean. Feels lame that I have to spend anything at all on her just for one week of AR, after which I'll probably never use her. 

5 minutes ago, Johann said:

In keeping with my luck in AR, my first Def result is a loss (killed one) and the next was a complete success. This has been happening for like 5 weeks in a row, guh. Really hope they're considering changing Def results in some way because it's frustrating to see my successes mean nothing, while screwing over a random person.

Would be cool if we get some lift by having "Success" results in defensive battles, like +10 or +20 Lift.

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Would be cool if we get some lift by having "Success" results in defensive battles, like +10 or +20 Lift.

I could see a variety of ways they could address it, like returning some of the Lift you lost, or extending the 20 hour safety window

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

they hadn't had orbs in the daily rewards for AR for a while. (if ever)

Yeah. The first AR Season had, as daily rewards: 20 Aether Stones, 20 Aether Stones, 20 Grails, 20 Aether Stones and 20 Aether Stones.

Now we get: 1 Light/Dark Blessing, 45 Aether Stones, 20 Grails, 45 Aether Stones, 1 Astra/Anima Blessing.

I'm really disliking the Aether Raid bonus ally allotment this week.  Three are off season Mythic/Legendary units that hurt your score just just using.  There are a glut of fliers I can't use because Eir takes up two slots on the Tactics team, which leaves Oliver or Corrin, neither of which I have trained.  I wish they just did away with needing to have blessing season line up to be usable in Aether Raids, at least from the scoring aspect.

35 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm really disliking the Aether Raid bonus ally allotment this week.  Three are off season Mythic/Legendary units that hurt your score just just using.  There are a glut of fliers I can't use because Eir takes up two slots on the Tactics team, which leaves Oliver or Corrin, neither of which I have trained.  I wish they just did away with needing to have blessing season line up to be usable in Aether Raids, at least from the scoring aspect.

I suppose the silver lining is that a lot of other players are in the same position and their scores are suffering as a result, and so the highest ranks might not be as competitive.

55 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah... This season of Bonus units wasn't that great. I've being using Eir, Yune or a 2nd Eir, Aversa, a Dance or a Healer, and a Melee unit.

Recently I noticed the pattern for the bonus units: A Mythic Hero (the newest one in cases of Mythic Hero Bannes being in the same season), The Four Heroes from the newest banner, the newest GHB/TT unit, an old GHB unit in the order of release, an old TT unit in the order of release, one Legendary Hero in the order of release, and one of the Askr Trio or Fjorm. In cases of Three New Heroes Banners, a 2nd old GHB unit is used.

Since the next bonus heroes are Duma, the four new beast units, Haar, Lyon, Marisa, Hríd and Alfonse, we can predict the next seasons being: 

• Eir, the Four New Special Heroes, the new TT unit, Fallen Takumi, Valentine Eliwood, Legendary Azura and Sharena;
  • Yune, the Four New Heroes, the possible new GHB unit, Saias, Gerome, Legendary Roy and Anna.
  • The New Mythic Hero, the four new Heroes (being Special or not), the possible new TT unit, Male Kana, Finn, The April's Legendary Hero, Fjorm.

I made the predictions thinking that the next banners will have four Heroes in each one.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Yune isn't off season though... It says it's Dark week and she's Dark.

By that they meant any unit that reduces your max score, so anything other than:
-On-season Legend
-Light blessed unit
-Eir
So any defense mythic, on-season or not, will drag down your score

---------------

As for myself on the bonus units, the free 5* NY Corrin has been the most useful this rotation, since he gels well with mega tank strats with his bow/native C, just a question of taking a Drive/Tactics seal or making use of his large 59 hp (bonus unit stats+2 eirs boost) via Panic Ploy seal.

48 minutes ago, Azuni said:

As for myself on the bonus units, the free 5* NY Corrin has been the most useful this rotation, since he gels well with mega tank strats with his bow/native C, just a question of taking a Drive/Tactics seal or making use of his large 59 hp (bonus unit stats+2 eirs boost) via Panic Ploy seal.

That's a pretty good call. I kinda forgot about him myself. So far Spring Loki is pulling some serious weight for such a minimal investment (only fed her a 4* Bartre and refined her bow), but I do have to watch out for archers. I suppose Corrin would be at risk from mages too though.

I ended up using NY!Corrin as well, since my Spring Loki has an Anima blessing from doing the quests last season. With double Eir support, he hits about 40 Res before any blue buffs, so he's not that bad off against mages. Mind, he's never had to do it in the matches I've done thus far because Surtr with roughly 60 Res after M!Corrin's Yato and double Drive Res 3.