Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

Last week my Aether Raid went so badly, I got almost maximum defense loss and I screwed up a lot of run in the first day, due to doing Blessing quests and facing AR 26 defense teams. Not to mention my teams were not calibrated to score 100 point in the first 2 days. This week will be more relaxing, thanks to having both Eir and Yune in my barracks, but I'll not risk my AR rank in the future this much in the future just for some quests.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another great day. One use of the Escape Ladder to an armorball team before realizing to throw a light blessing onto my regular and dancing Micaiah. Next match wasn't armors (some Eirika-Nino crap team), but they did the job just fine, full victory and both pots smashed

Today's defense is a zero-loss rematch-by-foe. Said foe, of course, was one of the guys I perfected yesterday.

EDIT TO ADD: Nope, some guy squeezed in right after the grace period to steal 15 of my precious lift. Thradiel was his name (Reyson lead), and I'm not even going to try to rematch him knowing he beat me even with a fortress disadvantage. That means he's most likely packing an even more cancerous defense team.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

What you guys think about the new AR skills?

AR-D Atk/Res 3 (A-Skill)

If defending in Aether Raids, grants Atk/Res +X during combat. (Calculates X based on number of your defensive structures; 5+ structures grants +10; 4 grants +7, 3 grants +4, 2 or less grants +1. Destroyed defensive structures are not counted.)

AR-O Atk/Def 3 (A-Skill)

If attacking in Aether Raids, grants Atk/Def +X during combat. (Calculates X based on number of your defensive structures; 5+ structures grants +10; 4 grants +7, 3 grants +4, 2 or less grants +1. Destroyed defensive structures are not counted.) *

My opinions is: I don't care about them.

*EDIT:  The description for AR-O Atk/Def 3 is wrong. The right description is:

AR-O Atk/Def 3 (A-Skill)

If attacking in Aether Raids, grants Atk/Def +X during combat. (Calculates X based on number of your defensive structures; 2 or less structures grants +10; 3 grants +7, 4 grants +4, 5 or more grants +1. Destroyed defensive structures are not counted.)

Edited by Diovani Bressan

16 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

They're nothing special. The Offense ones being based on your foe's structures is bad since it'll rarely ever be at full power. The Res one would be good if it was Offense instead of Defense, since mages are so popular. The Atk/Def one would be decent on Fjorm, but Steady Stance 3 is good enough and way more available.

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I'm certainly not pulling for them specifically, but other people will and it will be annoying to deal with them.

I assume that only functional structures count (since I believe they are actually called "defensive structures" in-game) and not decorations or Aether structures.

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I assume that only functional structures count (since I believe they are actually called "defensive structures" in-game) and not decorations or Aether structures.

Yeah. Defensive structures are the ones that affect the battlefield without the need of a unit to trigger it (in this case, the traps). Also, they have  the "shield" symbol on them, so it's easy to distinguish from the others ones.

What is weird for me is in the description of the skill. Let use Flora's AR-D Atk/Res 3 as a example:

"If defending in Aether Raids, grants Atk/Res+X during combat. (Calculates X based on number of your defensive structures: ≥5 structures grants +10; 4 grants +7; 3 grants +4; ≤2 grants +1. Destroyed defensive structures are not counted.)"

This part "≥5 structures grants +10" is what intrigues me... because we can only have the max of 5 defensive structures in our AR bases, so IntSys could use "5 structures grants +10" instead. Can this means that IntSys is thinking of increase the number of defensive structures in the future?

Can you confirm to me if the japanese description of these skills say the same thing?

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

What is weird for me is in the description of the skill. Let use Flora's AR-D Atk/Res 3 as a example:

"If defending in Aether Raids, grants Atk/Res+X during combat. (Calculates X based on number of your defensive structures: ≥5 structures grants +10; 4 grants +7; 3 grants +4; ≤2 grants +1. Destroyed defensive structures are not counted.)"

This part "≥5 structures grants +10" is what intrigues me... because we can only have the max of 5 defensive structures in our AR bases, so IntSys could use "5 structures grants +10" instead. Can this means that IntSys is thinking of increase the number of defensive structures in the future?

Can you confirm to me if the japanese description of these skills say the same thing?

In Japanese, they use "5 or more". It's probably worded that way so that they don't have to bother updating the text string ever again.

They've done this previously with quests that require you to kill enemy units that are "level 40 or higher".

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They've done this previously with quests that require you to kill enemy units that are "level 40 or higher".

Well... for the "level 40 or higher" enemy units, the ones that I think are the Lv40+ enemies, that appear in Lunatic/Abyssal maps.

11 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

AR-D Atk/Res 3 (A-Skill)

If defending in Aether Raids, grants Atk/Res +X during combat. (Calculates X based on number of your defensive structures; 5+ structures grants +10; 4 grants +7, 3 grants +4, 2 or less grants +1. Destroyed defensive structures are not counted.)

AR-O Atk/Def 3 (A-Skill)

If attacking in Aether Raids, grants Atk/Def +X during combat. (Calculates X based on number of your defensive structures; 5+ structures grants +10; 4 grants +7, 3 grants +4, 2 or less grants +1. Destroyed defensive structures are not counted.)

My opinions is: I don't care about them.

I think you copypasted incorrectly. That is not how AR-O works. AR-O is better the LESS Structure (D)s are on the map.

AR-D gives +20 total stats if there are 5+ Structure (D)s, +14 for 4, +8 for 3, and +2 for 2 or less.

AR-O gives +2 total stats if there are 5+ Structure (D)s, +8 for 4, +14 for 3, and +20 for 2 or less.

AR-O and AR-D are opposites of each other. Generally speaking, AR-D gets worse as the battle goes on, while AR-O gets better as the battle goes on.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I think you copypasted incorrectly. That is not how AR-O works. AR-O is better the LESS Structure (D)s are on the map.

AR-D gives +20 total stats if there are 5+ Structure (D)s, +14 for 4, +8 for 3, and +2 for 2 or less.

AR-O gives +2 total stats if there are 5+ Structure (D)s, +8 for 4, +14 for 3, and +20 for 2 or less.

AR-O and AR-D are opposites of each other. Generally speaking, AR-D gets worse as the battle goes on, while AR-O gets better as the battle goes on.

Yeah... now I noticed... But to be fair, I copied the description from Serenes Forest page, but I didn't notice that it was wrong. I will edit my original post.

Serenes.png

I may crack into T20 this season. Got a defense from a guy who rage quit, possibly using his ladder, after sending his Catria (with the Vanguard lance - what an odd build) to get pummeled by my Legendary Lyn and Yune.

Today's offenses were a perfect and a -1, both times smashing both pots.

14 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

One strategy that I am seeing a lot for offensive teams are double Eirs, double Male Corrin or Kaden, and a tank unit with S Support with Corrin.

I think I may have helped promoted that setup quite a bit on the forums here and during Light season when I was climbing. I got the idea originally from @DehNutCase.

12 hours ago, Chrom-ulent said:

I may crack into T20 this season. Got a defense from a guy who rage quit, possibly using his ladder, after sending his Catria (with the Vanguard lance - what an odd build) to get pummeled by my Legendary Lyn and Yune.

Hopefully you can make it! The climb to Tier 20 and 21 was stressful for me since I am not exactly a great player, but it should be doable with some luck.

I decided to push through. I'm in T20 now, unless I get blasted on defense both times and can't make it up on offense. I used up my escape ladder and most of my Aether. The other players are just too good at protecting their pots, I can't wait for the next fountain upgrade.

When the Astra Mythic comes along, I'll pull three copies, the third to merge away a bad flaw.

5 hours ago, colossus86 said:

Finally hit T21 and finished my +10 Clair. Today was a good day.

Great! I hope you can maintain Tier 21 until tomorrow. Also, Clair is a good choice for a +10 investment. I was planning to invest on her too, but then we got the Whitewings refinements, so I went with Est instead.

I kinda gave up this week with scoring.  I'm using LEirika or Fjorm for a bonus unit and just taking the gimped points.  As long as I don't fall in rank, that's all I'm going for.

Not looking good. Both of the enemy defense teams I faced successfully stopped me. I may be knocked back down to T19. At least I have a recent defense win.

I've still done better on defense than ever, with a meta unit (Ophelia with the Dark blessing). I think I will switch Tibarn and Leanne to the Anima blessing. EDIT TO ADD: Oof, forgot about Upheaval canceling out Tibarn's personal skill.

If I do get knocked down even after the Astra Mythic is released, I have a proposition. Is it possible to share an account? I'll let someone borrow my main account if they get it to T21. Not only do they get to play with a five-figure account, I'll pay them at the end.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

Welp, I'm probably coming up just short of tier 18 AGAIN. This time very short, as currently, I'm 40 lift away from that. This is why I don't like how you get reset to the start of the tier you finished in the previous season. I get so close to the next one, and then I get shoved back again. This isn't fun at all, it just makes trying for that tier a big chore.

I have generally been able to win more than I used to, but not without losing units and cutting how much lift I get for the win. It's extremely hard to win without losing units. I think the amount of lift you get shouldn't decrease so much per death. 5-10 lift per death would be more reasonable.

I still think the same should be done for arena scoring too, even though lately, I haven't had as much trouble getting deathless matches there as I used to. I still get them once in awhile though.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Welp, I'm probably coming up just short of tier 18 AGAIN. This time very short, as currently, I'm 40 lift away from that. This is why I don't like how you get reset to the start of the tier you finished in the previous season. I get so close to the next one, and then I get shoved back again. This isn't fun at all, it just makes trying for that tier a big chore.

I have generally been able to win more than I used to, but not without losing units and cutting how much lift I get for the win. It's extremely hard to win without losing units. I think the amount of lift you get shouldn't decrease so much per death. 5-10 lift per death would be more reasonable.

I still think the same should be done for arena scoring too, even though lately, I haven't had as much trouble getting deathless matches there as I used to. I still get them once in awhile though.

If you're 40 away, you still have a chance at the next tier.  Do you have a Yune?  Just having one Yune on your defense team, guarantees no more than 60 Lift lost for the day.  If you don't lose any units, even without an Eir, that would be 100 points for a net gain of 40 points.

4 hours ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Not looking good. Both of the enemy defense teams I faced successfully stopped me. I may be knocked back down to T19. At least I have a recent defense win.

I've still done better on defense than ever, with a meta unit (Ophelia with the Dark blessing). I think I will switch Tibarn and Leanne to the Anima blessing. EDIT TO ADD: Oof, forgot about Upheaval canceling out Tibarn's personal skill.

If I do get knocked down even after the Astra Mythic is released, I have a proposition. Is it possible to share an account? I'll let someone borrow my main account if they get it to T21. Not only do they get to play with a five-figure account, I'll pay them at the end.

The only way I could think of sharing an account is by giving someone your Nintendo account password and having them link it to their device. I would HEAVILY recommend that you do NOT do that. Especially since they can easily just delete your account if they wish. Giving anyone access to your account in any way would be a seriously bad idea unless you trust them with your bank account, considering you invested a small fortune in the game. I would be more than happy to help you out sometime with team builds, offense or simple defense teams that may get a kill or two. If you have the time and are able to stream feh or screenshare in some way that I can see the map, I could also help with the matches. But I do spend a lot of time thinking of what to do, considering I have to play almost perfectly to stay in top 1k. I have rather specific builds for my units as well, but I'm sure you can match them pretty easily, if not use better units. 

47 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If you're 40 away, you still have a chance at the next tier.  Do you have a Yune?  Just having one Yune on your defense team, guarantees no more than 60 Lift lost for the day.  If you don't lose any units, even without an Eir, that would be 100 points for a net gain of 40 points.

Yeah. But I can almost guarantee I'm going to lose units next time I can do an AR battle because I almost always do.

I've been stuck at Tier 19 for AGES now and no matter what team combinations I use, I'm always short of moving up. There's way WAY too many BS whale maps with BS units hidden away and BS crap going on. This whole mode is infuriatingly terrible. But I need the greils and flowers.