Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

I'm in the clear for T20. Less than 20 hours left , so not enough time for two blowouts. 76 Lift to spare, and my team of Yune, three in-season Legendary heroes, and Aversa and Ophelia with the Dark blessing means a blowout only costs me 55 Lift.

I will upgrade my offense fort next, then I might be able to make T21 in the next Light/Wind Season. Legendary Lyn takes out any ranged threat that is not red or Ophelia on EP, with Null C-Disrupt and the Distant Defense seal.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

Locked down T21. Amazed it was this week of all things given the awkward shit I had to run on offense to fit Yune into every team. Looking forward to a brave new world next week.

dont get too excited

Ending this season in Tier 24. This was a enjoyable season for me.

The next season's bonus allies are:

Duma-Icon-.png?itok=C-2P7btICaineghis-Icon-.png?itok=TuG8KKz2Ranulf-Icon-.png?itok=psY_MOioLethe-Icon-.png?itok=jDaAnG0IMordecai-Icon-.png?itok=xua-LizTHaar-Icon-.png?itok=bWb6LDM5Lyon-Icon.png?itok=O5EUOWGMMarisa-Icon.png?itok=ExhUcRD_Hrid-Icon-.png?itok=_2ZvjrgGAlfonse.png?itok=S89JkzbW

I will probably use Duma or Caineghis as bonus ally.

I am predicting the next bonus allies (after the ones above) to be:

Eir-Icon.png?itok=oUTIxEgPS-Flora-Icon-.png?itok=MKAPMczWS-Lukas-Icon-.png?itok=E2TPst6AS-Genny-Icon-.png?itok=K_4ECPSVS-Felicia-Icon-.png?itok=vS06hZ-qS-Leo-Icon-.png?itok=WYhq6E8jTakumi-FH-Icon.png?itok=2o6qZp8rEliwood-LA.png?itok=AAwBdCIdLegendary-Azura-Icon.png?itok=zJWONZhWSharena.png?itok=cwuFM3g_

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I was not at all paying attention to Aether Raids this week (I just bought the Valkyria Chronicles PS4 remaster last week because I never finished the game back in college and have just been playing that all week), but it seems things went well. Better than I expected, especially considering I wasn't running any bonus units (a bonus unit that isn't blessed is worth the same number of points as a non-bonus blessed unit when running 2 copies of Eir, so it wasn't worth it to run Yune on all of my teams).

Managed 13,120 Lift in Tier 26, which is currently rank 528.

My defense team was challenged 15 times with 5 wins and 5 kills on losses, which is a 42% win rate. Not terrible for a Light week, at least, especially one right after level 5 Fortress (O) became available.

Ending this seasons in Tier 24, with a Lift of 12,324 and a Rank of 4,617. Not bad at all.

My Defensive Results were:

• 15 Defensive Battles;
  • 5 Wins;
  • 10 Losses;
  • -216 lift lost from 4 defensive battles.

I forgot to battle again today... So I ended up staying in tier 17. But I was able to upgrade my offensive fortress to lv. 4 and offensive bolt tower to lv. 3, so we'll see how those help me this week. Next time, I suppose I ought to improve the defensive map.

I also got enough grails to make female Robin +8! Just two more... Grinding up to 400 more grails and then 450 more will still take a while though. Feels like such a long time.

Edited by Anacybele

13 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Ending this season in Tier 24. This was a enjoyable season for me.

The next season's bonus allies are:

Duma-Icon-.png?itok=C-2P7btICaineghis-Icon-.png?itok=TuG8KKz2Ranulf-Icon-.png?itok=psY_MOioLethe-Icon-.png?itok=jDaAnG0IMordecai-Icon-.png?itok=xua-LizTHaar-Icon-.png?itok=bWb6LDM5Lyon-Icon.png?itok=O5EUOWGMMarisa-Icon.png?itok=ExhUcRD_Hrid-Icon-.png?itok=_2ZvjrgGAlfonse.png?itok=S89JkzbW

I will probably use Duma or Caineghis as bonus ally.

I am predicting the next bonus allies (after the ones above) to be:

Eir-Icon.png?itok=oUTIxEgPS-Flora-Icon-.png?itok=MKAPMczWS-Lukas-Icon-.png?itok=E2TPst6AS-Genny-Icon-.png?itok=K_4ECPSVS-Felicia-Icon-.png?itok=vS06hZ-qS-Leo-Icon-.png?itok=WYhq6E8jTakumi-FH-Icon.png?itok=2o6qZp8rEliwood-LA.png?itok=AAwBdCIdLegendary-Roy-Icon--.png?itok=ImtLJphqSharena.png?itok=cwuFM3g_

Yeah that's correct. Also the seasons should go like this:

• April 23 - 29: Earth/Water/Astra/Anima
  • April 30 - May 6: Earth/Fire/Light/Dark
  • May 7 - 13: Earth/Wind/Astra/Anima
  • May 14 - 20: Earth/Water/Light/Dark

So, unfortunately, Hrid and Roy won't get the Light season boost during their time as bonus units. At least Lyon is a solid unit for AR and any Eir bonus season is a great thing. Getting Wind or Earth with Water and Light are some of the smoothest weeks if you've got a good amount of Legendaries to pick from.

edit: Azura comes before Roy and will be a bonus unit during Water/Light week (May 14th)

Edited by Johann

1 minute ago, Johann said:

Yeah that's correct. Also the seasons should go like this:

• April 23 - 29: Earth/Water/Astra/Anima
  • April 30 - May 6: Earth/Fire/Light/Dark
  • May 7 - 13: Earth/Wind/Astra/Anima
  • May 14 - 20: Earth/Water/Light/Dark

So, unfortunately, Hrid and Roy won't get the Light season boost during their time as bonus units. At least Lyon is a solid unit for AR and any Eir bonus season is a great thing. Getting Wind or Earth with Water and Light are some of the smoothest weeks if you've got a good amount of Legendaries to pick from.

Hm... since we are getting too much Earth Seasons in the next weeks, it's safe to predict the April's Legendary Hero as Earth Element?

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Hm... since we are getting too much Earth Seasons in the next weeks, it's safe to predict the April's Legendary Hero as Earth Element?

Actually, I've interpolated the seasons based on the hero being Earth, rather than the other way around. The logic supporting this is that this'll be the 4th hero of the 4th wave of Legendaries, and they have one of each element within each wave. In other words, Water/Wind/Fire have 4 heroes each and Earth has 3. Further corroborating this is the fact that this upcoming week is Earth season when last week was as well-- an occurrence that regularly happens as we transition into the week of the Legendary reveal. As for the other seasons, it's just going by whatever has gone the longest without appearing, which is very rarely more than 2 weeks.

Oh, also I realized you skipped over Legendary Azura, who should be appearing before Roy on rotation. Water Season will align with Light season when she's a bonus unit.

6 minutes ago, Johann said:

Actually, I've interpolated the seasons based on the hero being Earth, rather than the other way around. The logic supporting this is that this'll be the 4th hero of the 4th wave of Legendaries, and they have one of each element within each wave. In other words, Water/Wind/Fire have 4 heroes each and Earth has 3. Further corroborating this is the fact that this upcoming week is Earth season when last week was as well-- an occurrence that regularly happens as we transition into the week of the Legendary reveal. As for the other seasons, it's just going by whatever has gone the longest without appearing, which is very rarely more than 2 weeks.

Oh, also I realized you skipped over Legendary Azura, who should be appearing before Roy on rotation. Water Season will align with Light season when she's a bonus unit.

Oh yeah, I forgot Azura. I already fixed it on my comment. I believe that I forgot about Azura because we got Eir in December too.

Updating the AR Bonus Allies Prediction:

April 23 - May 06: Duma-Icon-.png?itok=C-2P7btICaineghis-Icon-.png?itok=TuG8KKz2Ranulf-Icon-.png?itok=psY_MOioLethe-Icon-.png?itok=jDaAnG0IMordecai-Icon-.png?itok=xua-LizTHaar-Icon-.png?itok=bWb6LDM5Lyon-Icon.png?itok=O5EUOWGMMarisa-Icon.png?itok=ExhUcRD_Hrid-Icon-.png?itok=_2ZvjrgGAlfonse.png?itok=S89JkzbW

May 07 - May 20: Eir-Icon.png?itok=oUTIxEgPS-Flora-Icon-.png?itok=MKAPMczWS-Lukas-Icon-.png?itok=E2TPst6AS-Genny-Icon-.png?itok=K_4ECPSVS-Felicia-Icon-.png?itok=vS06hZ-qS-Leo-Icon-.png?itok=WYhq6E8jTakumi-FH-Icon.png?itok=2o6qZp8rEliwood-LA.png?itok=AAwBdCIdLegendary-Azura-Icon.png?itok=zJWONZhWSharena.png?itok=cwuFM3g_

May 21 - June 04: Yune-Icon-.png?itok=QNTav560Saias-Icon-web.png?itok=84B-AQDdGerome-Icon.png?itok=eZ77zW7cLegendary-Roy-Icon--.png?itok=ImtLJphqAnna.png?itok=y0SgCqO8 The others 5 will probably be four new Heroes and a new GHB unit.

It looks like this season is "Park Hrid And Win". I was wiped by such a team who used that opening and then a pre-charged Ophelia, and now I stole the team idea for myself. I also put Spring Catria in (trashing the blessing she had before) to pick off anyone else who uses Hrid to successfully EP Tibarn.

Not that it matters since we don't have the Astra Mythic yet. I just want to do well enough to stay in T20.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

I had a pretty good start this season, especially in defensive results. I had 5 defensive battles, 4 of them I won! The only one that I lost was against a DC Vantage Def Smoke Keaton... which there is nothing to do against it if you don't have Hardy Bearing... I kinda regret not trying to get Keaton in his banner, because  DC Vantage Keaton is so broken.

did two battles, secured my spot in tier 20 - so now it's just trying to eat the -80 loss i will have every morning, to try to hover at 20. 

this mode sucks so much, just let me get into 21 and i won't have to give a single thought to this anymore. 

Can't be assed to grind Haar so I'm just using him as a Lv1 decoy to grab the pots while the rest of the team kills the Defense~ He's doing pretty well, I think I'll give him the Chill Atk Seal when we get it tomorrow~

Next Season with Leo will be so much more fun~~

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I had a pretty good start this season, especially in defensive results. I had 5 defensive battles, 4 of them I won! The only one that I lost was against a DC Vantage Def Smoke Keaton... which there is nothing to do against it if you don't have Hardy Bearing... I kinda regret not trying to get Keaton in his banner, because  DC Vantage Keaton is so broken.

He is really fun to use if you get the chance to go for him~ He's the best thing I have to bait out annoying Eirs and B!Lyns~

This’ll be a fun rotation with Marisa as a bonus unit (even if she doesn’t synergize super great with my flier offense team)...she’s already taken a defense wave boosted Lukas Ignis to the face and she handles Duma well with null follow up 

My upgraded offensive fortress and bolt tower seem to be working out well enough so far. I would now just like to figure out how to get a maximum lift of more than 100 per match. ?

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

My upgraded offensive fortress and bolt tower seem to be working out well enough so far. I would now just like to figure out how to get a maximum lift of more than 100 per match. ?

There isn't much to figure out, you can't have more than 100 in Astra, not before the Astra Mythic comes along.

2 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

There isn't much to figure out, you can't have more than 100 in Astra, not before the Astra Mythic comes along.

But it's also Earth, Water, and Anima season. I don't have Duma, though...

31 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But it's also Earth, Water, and Anima season. I don't have Duma, though...

Light and Astra are the only elements that grant bonus points on offense in Aether Raids.

Dark and Anima only reduce Lift lost on a defense loss and do nothing for offense. (They do grant bonus stats to blessed units on their season, but they don't add to your offense score.)

The Legendary elements don't grant bonus points on their own, but when it is their season, they count as if they have all four Mythic blessings.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Light and Astra are the only elements that grant bonus points on offense in Aether Raids.

Dark and Anima only reduce Lift lost on a defense loss and do nothing for offense. (They do grant bonus stats to blessed units on their season, but they don't add to your offense score.)

The Legendary elements don't grant bonus points on their own, but when it is their season, they count as if they have all four Mythic blessings.

Oh. I see. I feel that's kind of overcomplicated, but oh well. At least I know now.