Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

31 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

What the actual fuck is this cancer 

58374316_423232631834470_2326097520930848768_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=7527d2bf7a2dd07e3afd043dbe04f104&oe=5D3968E3

I would suggest to built in Dancer Miciah in your standart Team. I got one luckily on the a legendary banner this year. and She just basicly destroys almost all armorers.

I also use Dagger Dance Olivia with Waterbucket, she deals with frantic shittard dragons.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

What the actual fuck is this cancer 

58374316_423232631834470_2326097520930848768_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=7527d2bf7a2dd07e3afd043dbe04f104&oe=5D3968E3

Maps like this make me just want to go back to the simple days of the Nokia phone - Pheonixmaster1

Reaally glad I have S!Micaiah and pulled S!Palla to fodder her Pegasus Carrot.

@Hilda Is your defense team double Duma, L!Ike, L!Azura, and L!Robin?  I may have encountered you today, as Arthrodire.  If so, sorry if mine was the one that give you lift loss.  If you want something easy, feel free to rematch -- my defense team is free.  Just six anima blessed units unguarded by structures and a level 3 fort with no bonus. 

21 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oh. I see. I feel that's kind of overcomplicated, but oh well. At least I know now.

Next week will be Earth/Fire/Light/Dark, so you could, for instance, run Legendary Ike alongside Eir on offense and he'll get the HP/Res+5 (per Eir) and score boost. Likewise, your Def map could have Yune and Ike and he'd get the HP/Spd boost and also count towards the Lift loss reduction. I forget what else you have for Legendaries but any Earth and Fire Legendaries are going to count as having both Light and Dark blessings next week. The new Legendary on Saturday will also be Earth, so that might help.

1 hour ago, Johann said:

Next week will be Earth/Fire/Light/Dark, so you could, for instance, run Legendary Ike alongside Eir on offense and he'll get the HP/Res+5 (per Eir) and score boost. Likewise, your Def map could have Yune and Ike and he'd get the HP/Spd boost and also count towards the Lift loss reduction. I forget what else you have for Legendaries but any Earth and Fire Legendaries are going to count as having both Light and Dark blessings next week. The new Legendary on Saturday will also be Earth, so that might help.

That's a cool idea, thanks! Though if that legendary is Micaiah, I'm not gonna care to pull her. I will definitely pull if it's Elincia though.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

That's a cool idea, thanks! Though if that legendary is Micaiah, I'm not gonna care to pull her. I will definitely pull if it's Elincia though.

If it's Earth, it probably won't be Elincia. I'm guessing she will be Wind. I hope they eventually release a flying staff Elincia with art like her festival version. I still want festival Elincia and Micaiah. (Xander's dance was funny too.)

40 minutes ago, Tree said:

If it's Earth, it probably won't be Elincia. I'm guessing she will be Wind. I hope they eventually release a flying staff Elincia with art like her festival version. I still want festival Elincia and Micaiah. (Xander's dance was funny too.)

I don't know, I don't think Fire fit Marth or that Water fit Ryoma. You never know.

5 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

@Hilda Is your defense team double Duma, L!Ike, L!Azura, and L!Robin?  I may have encountered you today, as Arthrodire.  If so, sorry if mine was the one that give you lift loss.  If you want something easy, feel free to rematch -- my defense team is free.  Just six anima blessed units unguarded by structures and a level 3 fort with no bonus. 

Oh its ok. I just slaped mythic and legendary heroes on it for lift reduction. I didnt put much effort into this seasons defense map as you could see (seals missing etc)

TIL that the enemy team can break their own obstacles to get to you. What should have been an easy win turned into three casualties on my end.

But he didn't use Duma, so I hope I gave him a -20. Meanwhile, I'm using Duma, so my defense loss with three enemy casualties comes out to a zero-loss. 

3 hours ago, Chrom-ulent said:

TIL that the enemy team can break their own obstacles to get to you. What should have been an easy win turned into three casualties on my end.

That only applies to breakable walls, which are part of the terrain and have always been targetable by both teams.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

That only applies to breakable walls, which are part of the terrain and have always been targetable by both teams.

This is not strictly for Aether Raids, but I remember the AI sometimes does not target breakable walls for some reason on certain maps. Like, was there a reason on Duma's Mythic Hero map the AI does not break their wall to reach the player?

47 minutes ago, XRay said:

This is not strictly for Aether Raids, but I remember the AI sometimes does not target breakable walls for some reason on certain maps. Like, was there a reason on Duma's Mythic Hero map the AI does not break their wall to reach the player?

If I recall correctly (so correct me if I'm wrong), the ground units on the top right simply don't move at all, which leads me to believe it's not that they're unwilling to attack their wall so much as the wall having 2 HP (and being out of immediate attack range) disrupts their pathing algorithm.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I had an interesting experience with AI in AR the other day. I put Bow Lyn in the top corner with one structure between her and an enemy Fjorm. No enemies could reach any of my units from their current positions. On the other side of Fjorm was Legendary Azura with Ike below her. Legendary Azura couldn't reach Lyn with Fjorm in the way, so I didn't expect that placement to trigger enemy movement, but it did. Fjorm moved out of the way which let Azura move into range and attack Lyn. I didn't expect the enemy to move at all. Also, I would have thought Azura would have refreshed Fjorm (or Ike after he moved) and have them attack Lyn instead. It worked out great for me since Lyn easily took out Azura, but I still think it is odd.

1 hour ago, Tree said:

I had an interesting experience with AI in AR the other day. I put Bow Lyn in the top corner with one structure between her and an enemy Fjorm. No enemies could reach any of my units from their current positions. On the other side of Fjorm was Legendary Azura with Ike below her. Legendary Azura couldn't reach Lyn with Fjorm in the way, so I didn't expect that placement to trigger enemy movement, but it did. Fjorm moved out of the way which let Azura move into range and attack Lyn. I didn't expect the enemy to move at all. Also, I would have thought Azura would have refreshed Fjorm (or Ike after he moved) and have them attack Lyn instead. It worked out great for me since Lyn easily took out Azura, but I still think it is odd.

The AI ignores the positions of other AI-controlled units when determining if an AI-controlled unit can attack a player-controlled unit.

This is also why danger indicators for AI-controlled units always ignore the positions of other AI-controlled units when highlighting squares red, green, or blue.

I guess I'll double post because it's been a few days.

I got my first taste of Alm today... by having Ophelia punch him in the face before he could do anything. I'm really not looking forward to dealing with him next week when I'm largely stuck using enemy-phase units.

I'm pretty sure I'm protected from defense losses for the rest of the day, so I'll be ending this week at 12,080 Lift, which is currently rank 1,509. I think I ended up losing 2 offense matches this week, not counting the ones that were covered by my ladder.

My defense team ends this week with 15 matches, 8 wins, and 8 kills on losses for a total win rate of 67%.

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to dealing with enemy Alms either, but at least I can use one of my own!

I'm finishing in tier 18 finally though! Unfortunately, tier 19 is another beast all together to get to. As it is, I'd need 800 more lift to get there and since I'll be at the start of tier 18 when the new season begins, I'll probably need like 1000 since I'm actually around 200 lift above the tier 18 mark. :/ I barely can get 100 lift per match, I don't think I can win ten matches without losing anyone or without losing much lift from defense losses in the meantime.

I'd need to find ways to get more than 100 lift per match.

I think people are starting to completely check out of this mode, myself included. Got 6/15 defense successes with only 3 of those being deathless when even in Anima, most of the time I'd be looking at 50%+ of my attackers going deathless. I made a bunch of dumb mistakes rushing through offense that probably cost me upwards of 260 Lift in deaths. Oh, well.

It's kinda funny because if I wanted to cobble something together for meta threats, I probably could. I've got fodder enough to put together a budget Flier Formation ball for defense. I've got a bunch of new toys for offense. I almost don't care to build them, though. Only my new Nailah feels worth looking at because it might cut down on time taken to finish out the mode for the week.

And it's not like I don't enjoy figuring out the fights, but the mode just demands a bit too much with too rigid a schedule, even with the revisions to Lift cost and regen.

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to dealing with enemy Alms either, but at least I can use one of my own!

I'm finishing in tier 18 finally though! Unfortunately, tier 19 is another beast all together to get to. As it is, I'd need 800 more lift to get there and since I'll be at the start of tier 18 when the new season begins, I'll probably need like 1000 since I'm actually around 200 lift above the tier 18 mark. :/ I barely can get 100 lift per match, I don't think I can win ten matches without losing anyone or without losing much lift from defense losses in the meantime.

I'd need to find ways to get more than 100 lift per match.

Using Eir or the Astra Mythic Hero is the only way to score over 100 per match during their Seasons. Using 2 Eirs/ 2 Astras is the best way to maximize your AR score

4 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Using Eir or the Astra Mythic Hero is the only way to score over 100 per match during their Seasons. Using 2 Eirs/ 2 Astras is the best way to maximize your AR score

I don't have two Eirs and there's no Astra hero yet. I can't do anything else? That's messed up. Why would IS make it literally impossible for many players?

Also, the season's about to change, so shouldn't the elements change now too?

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

I don't have two Eirs and there's no Astra hero yet. I can't do anything else? That's messed up. Why would IS make it literally impossible for many players?

Nope~ Need Eir and the Astra to increase lift, Duma and Yune to decrease during their respective Seasons. You can use one Eir and still reach T21, you'd just have to play near flawlessly and lose minimal lift during the week.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why would IS make it literally impossible for many players?

1. Incentives to spend money.
  2. To stratify players. This is a competitive game mode. Not everyone will be able to reach the top in Aether Raids just like how not everyone can reach the top in Arena or Arena Assault.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, the season's about to change, so shouldn't the elements change now too?

They change when the current season ends, and the season doesn't end for another 5 minutes.