Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

On 5/14/2019 at 6:29 PM, Johann said:

Yeah it's a good week for Fjorm and Robin. If my notes are accurate, it'll be Water + Light season when Fjorm is a bonus hero next too

I really wish they planned it so the Legendary Heroes that were bonus units were always "in season".  Out of season, they just hurt your score.  Or I wish you could slap a Light Blessing on them.

On 5/15/2019 at 9:35 AM, Sylphid said:

Haven't posted in a while, but been playing AR each week still! I kinda went "F it" on figuring out a defense team and just threw in 2 Yunes and mages lol. Though I'm thinking of eventually switching over to a full flier team once I have blessings for that.

This season has started decently, lost 1 ladder, 1 unit and 2 pots. Hopefully I can get to tier 21 finally, was 5 points short last light season LOL

I don't really put too much thought into my defense team.  It's basically 2 Yune/Duma + random assortment of Legendaries that week.  I finally started giving Dark/Anima blessings to units, thought.  CrazyCorrin got my first Dark blessing, so she'll sit on my defense team every other week now.  I gave Celica an Anima blessing.  Not really going for optimization, but more a theme there.

I wish you had defense team slots, so I could just flip a switch, rather than having to remember to change my team every Monday night.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I really wish they planned it so the Legendary Heroes that were bonus units were always "in season".  Out of season, they just hurt your score.  Or I wish you could slap a Light Blessing on them.

I don't really put too much thought into my defense team.  It's basically 2 Yune/Duma + random assortment of Legendaries that week.  I finally started giving Dark/Anima blessings to units, thought.  CrazyCorrin got my first Dark blessing, so she'll sit on my defense team every other week now.  I gave Celica an Anima blessing.  Not really going for optimization, but more a theme there.

I wish you had defense team slots, so I could just flip a switch, rather than having to remember to change my team every Monday night.

Definitely agree it would be nice if the bonus legendaries were bonus during their own season.

I'll be honest, the double Yune didn't occur to me until criminally late because I'm so used to combining dupes (unless I'm saving them for skill fodder). Only reason I have 2 Yunes to put on a defense team is that I wasn't sure which Yune to combine to which and kind of forgot until current season. Only got 1 Duma though (from that free anniversary pull). Giving blessings based on theme is definitely nice. I would do that if I cared enough to make working teams out of that. Speaking of theme though, maybe instead of fliers I'll go for a dark blessed tellius defense team instead. That could be cool.

And yes I really wish you could set a separate defense map for each seasons, changing defense teams is such a hassle (especially remembering what set up I was using when I cared about that).

6 hours ago, Sylphid said:

Definitely agree it would be nice if the bonus legendaries were bonus during their own season.

Yeah, I agree with this too.

Well, I guess all I can do to try in Aether Raids is keep looking at that offensive team building thread. I've checked it out a few times, but I should look at it more. Still don't feel like I'm going to get any better at this, but who knows. I mean, tier 19 may feel far away, but it's still the very next one up. If I could just get there so I can have a team of six units, I'll be pretty satisfied. I'm not sure I'd ever care to get to tier 21, though it'd be nice so I get more grails each week. I'm going to be able to make female Robin +9 when I get my reward grails on Monday, leaving her needing just one more, but that'll take some more time and who knows what other grail projects I'll want to do in the future. I wouldn't mind merging up Black Knight more, for instance.

Wow! I was in the Top 100 this morning! That was great!

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

It is finally that time~

kzqxiGS.png

Only -5 Lift Loss on Defense so far this week and I think I only lost 3 units~ With no ladders used yet, and 2 days left, hopefully I'm secure~

Congrats, Landy! Now Tier 21 is the next objective!

Some of these new skills are potential game changers for AR, both on Offense and Defense:

• Harsh Command+: Since this is functionally like Restore, the AI might use it the same way. If that's the case, then Defense teams can use the Restore AI trick with any unit, not just healers. Now, while Restore is waaay easier to get, this opens up a lot of options for aggressive Def maps, and isn't suspect to Tactics Room or Loki. Be wary of maps with this skill equipped.
  • Pulse Smoke: An amazing option for super tanks on Offense, this might eliminate the need for Witchy Wand, and will be a lot easier to use since you won't have to pull a healer out of danger. Since it's available on a cavalry mage, inheritance probably won't be an issue for most super tanks. Only thing to consider is whether or not you value it more than Atk Smoke (or whatever seal you're using if you wanna just use Atk Smoke seal). If we ever get this as a seal, we might see a lot of people giving up on Pulse setups.
  • Gjallarbru (Fjorm's staff): Preventing unit from getting or using Assists is probably the biggest gamechanger for Offense. Not super great for Defense though, so if you're lucky enough to get Fjorm, I recommend planning Light or Astra blessing for her. I definitely like what this status implies for future staves and AR structures.
  • Ground Orders: Warp Powder for any non-flier opens up a massive amount of options for Defense teams, particularly with Rally or Restore tricks. Expect to see a lot of Azuras with this + Aerobatics giving their Ophelias a super jump.

30 minutes ago, Johann said:

Some of these new skills are potential game changers for AR, both on Offense and Defense:

• Harsh Command+: Since this is functionally like Restore, the AI might use it the same way. If that's the case, then Defense teams can use the Restore AI trick with any unit, not just healers. Now, while Restore is waaay easier to get, this opens up a lot of options for aggressive Def maps, and isn't suspect to Tactics Room or Loki. Be wary of maps with this skill equipped.
  • Pulse Smoke: An amazing option for super tanks on Offense, this might eliminate the need for Witchy Wand, and will be a lot easier to use since you won't have to pull a healer out of danger. Since it's available on a cavalry mage, inheritance probably won't be an issue for most super tanks. Only thing to consider is whether or not you value it more than Atk Smoke (or whatever seal you're using if you wanna just use Atk Smoke seal). If we ever get this as a seal, we might see a lot of people giving up on Pulse setups.
  • Gjallarbru (Fjorm's staff): Preventing unit from getting or using Assists is probably the biggest gamechanger for Offense. Not super great for Defense though, so if you're lucky enough to get Fjorm, I recommend planning Light or Astra blessing for her. I definitely like what this status implies for future staves and AR structures.
  • Ground Orders: Warp Powder for any non-flier opens up a massive amount of options for Defense teams, particularly with Rally or Restore tricks. Expect to see a lot of Azuras with this + Aerobatics giving their Ophelias a super jump.

I like this, it makes all the new and crazy defense team potential skyrocket. I lije the theorycrafting and it opens up more interesting setups. 

I really am glad I got to T21 in the first few weeks though xD

I should add, since Dull Ranged 3 is an amazing skill for AR Offense as well, inheriting that and Pulse Smoke from Pent can be done at the same time if you fodder off a 4* Morgan. Shame you can't get Rally Up Atk+ and Pulse Smoke 3 without extra 5*s but oh well.

52 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Ended in 26 with no chance of demoting. Probably will miss 1K since i am at 494 right now and the day is long.

I ended in Tier 26 with no chance of demotion as well! We did a pretty good job this season, right?

6 hours ago, Johann said:

Gjallarbru (Fjorm's staff): Preventing unit from getting or using Assists is probably the biggest gamechanger for Offense. Not super great for Defense though, so if you're lucky enough to get Fjorm, I recommend planning Light or Astra blessing for her. I definitely like what this status implies for future staves and AR structures.

Yep. I would like to have 2 Fjorms, one for each season.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

6 hours ago, Johann said:

I dont see ground orders that usefull on a flying Dancer. ecxept if you use Armorers. you need to be adjacent to the ally for the buff and a dancers usualy dont fly forward they dance. I could see a use on regular fliers with hit and run though for offense in mixed teams.

Finished the Season with no ladder uses, safe in T20 and with one final Def Success~ Best Overall Season for me~

Harsh Command+ is something I'd like for my Def Team~ I'd Fjorm Proof it but I don't expect to be seeing her much in my Tier so not really going to worry about it~ Pulse Smoke sounds really good on a Galeforce team to stop IP Defenses~

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

I dont see ground orders that usefull on a flying Dancer. ecxept if you use Armorers. you need to be adjacent to the ally for the buff and a dancers usualy dont fly forward they dance. I could see a use on regular fliers with hit and run though for offense in mixed teams.

Consider a map looking something like this:

ARexample1.jpg.7e3d728875d30388eb2d5fde092e4218.jpg

Disregard the lack of structures and most of the units chosen, and assume the Azura has Ground Orders and Aerobatics, Ophelia has Rally Up Atk+, and there aren't any other Atk buffs in play. As long as Lucina, Veronica, Lilina, or Azura have a target in range, Ophelia will warp to the tile below Lucina to use Rally Up on Lucina. Azura can then warp next to Ophelia and dance her, and off Ophelia goes on her way. Now, players can already do this using Guidance, but this opens up a lot of options by not requiring a flier in Lucina's position. Ranged cavalry can also use it to bypass obstacles and Gravity.

Oh my fucking god. I could've actually made it to tier 19, but I lost everyone except one unit in my last fucking battle. That is SO not fair, now I'm stuck 65 lift short of tier 19 and have to start ALL over next season. Again, really not fair at all after I tried so hard.

Something needs to be done about BS like this, it's just not fair. Decrease the amount of Aether each battle uses or give us more Aether or something. I don't care what, this is just not acceptable.

38 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh my fucking god. I could've actually made it to tier 19, but I lost everyone except one unit in my last fucking battle. That is SO not fair, now I'm stuck 65 lift short of tier 19 and have to start ALL over next season. Again, really not fair at all after I tried so hard.

Something needs to be done about BS like this, it's just not fair. Decrease the amount of Aether each battle uses or give us more Aether or something. I don't care what, this is just not acceptable.

I was 40 Lift short last Season. That isn't the fault of the game or the Amount of Aether required per Tier to get to the next one that you lost all your units. You will have other chances to work on your Offense and try to get to T19 next time or next Light Season, it's not going anywhere~

42 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

We all have to deal with that, but I think it is fine as is. I was really close to getting into Tier 21 on my first attempt, but I had to wait several more seasons for Sharena to come back as a bonus unit and I got in during my second attempt.

- - - - - - -

Got into Tier 25 this week! Sadly it is not possible to do it every week since I need Sharena as a bonus unit during Light Season to work. My Sharena just eats Reinhardt, Blade mages, and often times even Yune for breakfast!

I am rank 3,809 right now, probably going to be ranked around 4,000 or 5,000 something by the end of the season. If I want to get the last throne, I probably need a more cancerous defense team and lots of merges on my two Eirs.

Edited by XRay

6 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I was 40 Lift short last Season. That isn't the fault of the game or the Amount of Aether required per Tier to get to the next one that you lost all your units. You will have other chances to work on your Offense and try to get to T19 next time or next Light Season, it's not going anywhere~

It'd be one thing if this was only the first go around, I'd just take it as me needing to make a better team or something. But I've tried the last several weeks to get to tier 19 and still come up barely short every time. That's not my fault, that's bad game design. AR needs some changes so this kind of thing doesn't happen to players.

"Work on my offense"? It should be fine. Any team of fully built up good units, especially with some merges, should be fine in any mode in a game like this. Otherwise, it starts feeling like pay to win.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Johann said:

Consider a map looking something like this:

ARexample1.jpg.7e3d728875d30388eb2d5fde092e4218.jpg

Disregard the lack of structures and most of the units chosen, and assume the Azura has Ground Orders and Aerobatics, Ophelia has Rally Up Atk+, and there aren't any other Atk buffs in play. As long as Lucina, Veronica, Lilina, or Azura have a target in range, Ophelia will warp to the tile below Lucina to use Rally Up on Lucina. Azura can then warp next to Ophelia and dance her, and off Ophelia goes on her way. Now, players can already do this using Guidance, but this opens up a lot of options by not requiring a flier in Lucina's position. Ranged cavalry can also use it to bypass obstacles and Gravity.

disregard what i said, i thought i read they can only warp adjacent to flying allys, but its any allys, so its basicly Noatuns refine, which yeah grants alot more mobility.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

We all have to deal with that, but I think it is fine as is. I was really close to getting into Tier 21 on my first attempt, but I had to wait several more seasons for Sharena to come back as a bonus unit and I got in during my second attempt.

- - - - - - -

Got into Tier 25 this week! Sadly it is not possible to do it every week since I need Sharena as a bonus unit during Light Season to work. My Sharena just eats Reinhardt, Blade mages, and often times even Yune for breakfast!

I am rank 3,809 right now, probably going to be ranked around 4,000 or 5,000 something by the end of the season. If I want to get the last throne, I probably need a more cancerous defense team and lots of merges on my two Eirs.

Congrats on T25!

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It'd be one thing if this was only the first go around, I'd just take it as me needing to make a better team or something. But I've tried the last several weeks to get to tier 19 and still come up barely short every time. That's not my fault, that's bad game design. AR needs some changes so this kind of thing doesn't happen to players.

"Work on my offense"? It should be fine. Any team of fully built up good units, especially with some merges, should be fine in any mode in a game like this. Otherwise, it starts feeling like pay to win.

That isn't bad game design, it very simply means you need to construct a more efficient AR team. I have changed my team up several times throughout the course of AR, as does everyone. If you keep losing, it means your team needs some adjustments. Merges aren't even needed in AR. Almost my entire AR Offensive team has 1-2 merges at most and it isn't because of the mode, it's just because they're characters I liked enough to get an extra merge for. Your Offensive team needs to be catered to the threats that keep causing you to lose.

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

That isn't bad game design, it very simply means you need to construct a more efficient AR team. I have changed my team up several times throughout the course of AR, as does everyone. If you keep losing, it means your team needs some adjustments. Merges aren't even needed in AR. Almost my entire AR Offensive team has 1-2 merges at most and it isn't because of the mode, it's just because they're characters I liked enough to get an extra merge for. Your Offensive team needs to be catered to the threats that keep causing you to lose.

Except like I said, my teams should be fine. I shouldn't have to do anything more, I already put a lot of effort into these teams. To me, that's bad game design if it still doesn't work.

This week worked out pretty well 12770 (T25) Lift with Eir, Deirdre, Athena, Aversa and L!Azura.

Can't believe how Warding Stance Seal helps my Athena. I find Light season to be considerable easier. And I hope a bit that the Astra Mythic hero will be a good one. xD And one I do not find meh. away with you m.corrin.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

AR works very different then Arena are PvE, throw everything out the window. Your regular units without special build wont cut it. I reached T21 because i used Galeforce on Hrid and Anna, and now i am using a supertank Sharena.

Does one of your units have smite?
Do you have Micaiah dancer?
Does one of your units have the B skill to counter even razzle dazzle and firesweep bows?
or are you using Galeforce units to demolish your opponent?

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Except like I said, my teams should be fine. I shouldn't have to do anything more, I already put a lot of effort into these teams. To me, that's bad game design if it still doesn't work.

your Team clearly is not fine or your gameplay isnt fine. Reaching T19 was easy compared to reaching T21

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

AR works very different then Arena are PvE, throw everything out the window. Your regular units without special build wont cut it. I reached T21 because i used Galeforce on Hrid and Anna, and now i am using a supertank Sharena.

Does one of your units have smite?
Do you have Micaiah dancer?
Does one of your units have the B skill to counter even razzle dazzle and firesweep bows?
or are you using Galeforce units to demolish your opponent?

Then that's lame. I put a lot of effort into my teams, now I'm expected to throw them away and make all new ones? I feel like I wasted my time then!

No, Smite's mostly useless. Skills like Reposition, Swap, and Draw Back are better.

No, I hate Micaiah.

...What? I don't know any B skill that counters those.

I'm still working on a Galeforce team.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's not how AR works. You DO have to cater your team towards the AR meta. Not just throw any random assortments of units on and expect them to work out once you get to higher tiers. Because Defensive teams are set up to be able to function an certain way and if you cant counter them, then you won't be able to get any higher.