Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Rarity is an issue because those are still rare appearances and those units will always be sharing colors due to how legendary banners work.

Also, I'd prefer to merge my Ikes and Hrid than fodder them for hopefully obvious reasons.

Then thats your choice and you have to live with it, just like we all live with our choices of foddering some of them off

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

hose units/skills do not have to appear often, they just need to appear often enough in some frequency. Even if you make them appear every month, players would still need to save Orbs to summon those skill fodder, so it make no difference if those skills appear 12 times a year or 4 times a year, you will still have to budget an X amount of Orbs to get them. Distant Counter as a skill is also probably the least rare among premium A skills, once you factor in how many units now carry it and appear on Foci.

Legendary Heroes Foci might have a lot of color sharing, but you also get a higher 5* rate. A lot of Legendary Heroes also have other valuable skills, so even if you do not get the premium skill you want this time, you will still get other premium skills for other builds.

Yeah, and that's still way easier said than done.

Sure, but good luck not getting pitybroken by one of the other two characters in the color you're after. Also, good luck getting greens at all if you're after Hector. :/

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, and that's still way easier said than done.

Sure, but good luck not getting pitybroken by one of the other two characters in the color you're after. Also, good luck getting greens at all if you're after Hector. :/

I agree it is easier said than done, and at the end of the day, it is still down to luck. However, players do have some control by choosing how they spend their Orbs, so they can tilt the odds in their favor if they prioritize what they want.

30 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

For this specific example, I’m pretty sure Ophelia would just stay in place and Rally Azura. I can try to put a sample together when I’m not at work.

Yeah I whipped the map up quick without running through the finer points. Nonetheless, it's possible to make something that functions the way I described with some tweaking and careful placement.

--------------------------------------------

@Anacybele Some of the advice people have been giving you, while from a technical standpoint is fine, are not great solutions and you're right to be critical of them. You don't need to make absurd investments with skills or units you don't have or want to be moderately successful. Aside from Smite, most of the skills/units listed fall into the "nice but not mandatory" category. I do think having a harder look at what units you have available might be best, however, and I'd be happy to help you devise some strategies without needing any special investment.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

I agree it is easier said than done, and at the end of the day, it is still down to luck. However, players do have some control by choosing how they spend their Orbs, so they can tilt the odds in their favor if they prioritize what they want.

Yeah, this is true.

4 minutes ago, Johann said:

Some of the advice people have been giving you, while from a technical standpoint is fine, are not great solutions and you're right to be critical of them. You don't need to make absurd investments with skills or units you don't have or want to be moderately successful. Aside from Smite, most of the skills/units listed fall into the "nice but not mandatory" category. I do think having a harder look at what units you have available might be best, however, and I'd be happy to help you devise some strategies without needing any special investment.

I see. And thanks, I probably could use that help.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

No, Smite's mostly useless. Skills like Reposition, Swap, and Draw Back are better.

Smite certainly is not useless in AR. I use it on Eir and smite has the advantage that you can smite over traps and can approach quite a few defense teams in a more save while keeping the smite user from danger..Reposition may put the user in harm compared to that for offensive approach.

If I did not see the irony there I apologize though.  

Edit: oh damn, and there I messed up reading further before writing. xD I was so triggered on reading smite. 

Edited by Stroud

1 minute ago, Stroud said:

Smite certainly is not useless in AR. I use it on Eir and smite has the advantage that you can smite over traps and can approach quite a few defense teams in a more save while keeping the smite user from danger..Reposition may put the user in harm compared to that for offensive approach.

If I did not see the irony there I apologize though.  

Sure, but Eir is left in danger of being attacked by other units unless you can dance her or get another unit or two to help her out on that turn.

Goddammit, @Raven, I got matched against you again. I totally fell for the Recover trap and then spent another good 5-10 minutes trying to get the next move to get out of it (and was totally ready to sack an Eir if I hadn't found the one combination of moves that would get me out).

28 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sure, but Eir is left in danger of being attacked by other units unless you can dance her or get another unit or two to help her out on that turn.

Of course I can only talk for my setup here. I often use smite up if I am certain I can rush through take out the biggest threats and endure the rest. But of course I guess its specific to my team and I also make use of Galeforce, still found it useful without Galeforce though. I am also certainly not the best example how to play though, it just works for me. And if you don't like the skill or its not your way to play that's fine.

Saw later that the discussion came to a conclusion and I don't want to prolong it. Just wanted to point out that I started to appreciate Smite more since AR. 

Before AR I did not pay much attention to Smite, maybe to smite horses over mountains and seas though...

Edited by Stroud

12 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Before AR I did not pay much attention to Smite, maybe to smite horses over mountains and seas though...

This is a fair point. Some AR maps have mountains and they can be annoying for non-fliers.

Sacked pretty hard on defense this week, taking only -40 on defense total; I guess upgrading the D fort to lv4 has started to help quite a bit these last 2 weeks.
Perfect offense as usual for a light week, and managed to sneak into tier27 for the first time ever (13405 end score), even with my handicap of lv3 Amphorae.
Only used one team for all 15 matches: Winter Cecilia/Surtr/3 Eirs

Spoiler

feh_wceci_AR_build_3_eirs.jpg?width=366&

I dread the coming Astra mythic which is sure to increase the top3k threshold for non-Light, and probably make me fall out of the Max-Golden-Chair Club.
At least that will relieve one piece of stress that this game mode brings.

Always reminded that I do considerably worse on Astra season. Eirs buff seems little but it is the last push for Athena and Deirdre to survive a lot of attacks.
At least I can rely more on Galeforce and its a bit better.

Hopefully they pick a nice Astra hero. Even with the premonition "Lyon or M.Corrin" I have my fingers crossed for Mila, Lyon would be nice though. 
Regardless the struggle I may think of not going all out for the astra hero if its some hero I don't like. I might put 50 orbs into the banner though to see if I am lucky enough.

19 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Goddammit, @Raven, I got matched against you again. I totally fell for the Recover trap and then spent another good 5-10 minutes trying to get the next move to get out of it (and was totally ready to sack an Eir if I hadn't found the one combination of moves that would get me out).

Lmao. Sadly with the weekly reset I wasn't able to view the replay. But either way I remain convinced I need to update my units and skills, and not just my structures/positioning.

On 5/17/2019 at 6:55 PM, Anacybele said:

Looks like I'll just have to forever remain in tier 18 or something. I'm just not capable of going any further. It's too difficult. I can hope that someday it'll become easier, but it wouldn't ever happen. Sucks though, I would've liked to add a sixth unit to my team...

Players who are skilled or simply well equipped (multiple mythics, rare skills, etc.) will be promoted first. As they leave, you'll eventually rise to the top of your current tier and be promoted yourself. Unless you have a superb defense team, the easiest way to reach Tier 21 is two offensive mythics. Two Eirs (+10 HP and +10 resistance to all other units) got me to Tier 21 the following light season even with full -80 losses from my free win defense team.

Tiers 19-20 are really rough. You'll be using five units against six defenders. (Even in Tier 21, they don't allow six offensive units.) Tier 20 was a miserable experience. Tier 19 wasn't much better since the first loss of the season will drop you to Tier 18 and remove your sixth unit. You'll have to quickly win a battle at the start of the season to return to Tier 19 and get the sixth unit back. Tier 21 has a great mix of difficulties because many players (me included) are content and don't feel the need to ascend much beyond Tier 21. I sometimes purposely stay at the bottom of Tier 21+ because I've found that battles there are sometimes easier than Tiers 19 or 20.

Theme teams are fun to find. Just beware the fearsome Tier 21+ Seliph team I found. Six maxed Seliphs with premium skills like Null C-Disrupt, etc. I actually lost because I underestimated it. :P:

3 minutes ago, Tree said:

Players who are skilled or simply well equipped (multiple mythics, rare skills, etc.) will be promoted first. As they leave, you'll eventually rise to the top of your current tier and be promoted yourself. Unless you have a superb defense team, the easiest way to reach Tier 21 is two offensive mythics. Two Eirs (+10 HP and +10 resistance to all other units) got me to Tier 21 the following light season even with full -80 losses from my free win defense team.

Tiers 19-20 are really rough. You'll be using five units against six defenders. (Even in Tier 21, they don't allow six offensive units.) Tier 20 was a miserable experience. Tier 19 wasn't much better since the first loss of the season will drop you to Tier 18 and remove your sixth unit. You'll have to quickly win a battle at the start of the season to return to Tier 19 and get the sixth unit back. Tier 21 has a great mix of difficulties because many players (me included) are content and don't feel the need to ascend much beyond Tier 21. I sometimes purposely stay at the bottom of Tier 21+ because I've found that battles there are sometimes easier than Tiers 19 or 20.

Theme teams are fun to find. Just beware the fearsome Tier 21+ Seliph team I found. Six maxed Seliphs with premium skills like Null C-Disrupt, etc. I actually lost because I underestimated it. :P:

Yes, I know about the two Eirs thing. I unfortunately only have one though, and hope that the next light mythic is someone I wouldn't mind having.

Oh yeah, I didn't think about my eventual sixth unit being removed when a new season starts after I'd just made it into tier 19. Good point.

So I woke up this morning to this:

Spoiler

tumblr_prw51hY9TA1ta965c_540.png

4 Defense victories in a single day. No losses yet. Granted, one happened because the guy preferred to use a ladder when they lost a unit, but still.

I think my guys need a raise.

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

So I woke up this morning to this:

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_prw51hY9TA1ta965c_540.png

4 Defense victories in a single day. No losses yet. Granted, one happened because the guy preferred to use a ladder when they lost a unit, but still.

I think my guys need a raise.

same here: no light week + Alm + rally trap + ofilia+ sonya + lilina+ Lazrura + Ninian pulse = instant def win

yes i went the cheap way because no matter how unique defenses i built with unique builts they got trashed 50% of the time

Barely held top 10k. I think I've found my place. I did get Bridal Fjorm, and put her on the Astra team. Hopefully building a good Astra team will help me enjoy the mode. I'm just such a sore loser.

Forgot to update my bonus structure yesterday and put the wrong Hector on my team and lost 60 yesterday, but today I only lost 15. For my offense match today, I ended up with some guy who had a huge flaw in his defense. He gave me a defense tile I could put Legendary Lyn on to shoot down his Tibarn and bait his ranged guys.

...I just ran into the weirdest defense map ever. lol It was basically empty with nothing beyond what can't be removed and the only enemies were a 4 star Askr trio. I'm not complaining about getting an easy 100 lift here, but I sure never expected this. :P

Anyway, so far I've only had deaths in one battle this season, though it was a battle where I lost everyone but one unit. Doubt I can keep this up, but we'll see.

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...I just ran into the weirdest defense map ever. lol It was basically empty with nothing beyond what can't be removed and the only enemies were a 4 star Askr trio. I'm not complaining about getting an easy 100 lift here, but I sure never expected this. :P

When you don't prepare a defensive team for AR, the game will automatic set the Askr Trio to defend your base. I believe you fought a player that doesn't care about AR that much.

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Anyway, so far I've only had deaths in one battle this season, though it was a battle where I lost everyone but one unit. Doubt I can keep this up, but we'll see.

I have seen lots of strange teams like that lmao. Yesterday I ran into the team of Walhart, Garon, Gharnef, Valter and Arvis. The units just had default skillsets and the username was "Muahaha"

9 minutes ago, Diovanni said:

When you don't prepare a defensive team for AR, the game will automatic set the Askr Trio to defend your base. I believe you fought a player that doesn't care about AR that much.

Ah, I see. That was probably the case then.

7 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I have seen lots of strange teams like that lmao. Yesterday I ran into the team of Walhart, Garon, Gharnef, Valter and Arvis. The units just had default skillsets and the username was "Muahaha"

lol someone must like their villains.

Blew through all three of my ladder uses today. P!Lukas is a dead weight of a bonus unit in this mode when everyone uses magic-based damage or is Surtr.

I swear, if I drop out of T21, I'm going to record myself deleting the game. Was going to give the account away, but since it's tied to my main Nintendo account, I'd lose my console game DLC in the process. When I'm losing, this game gives me more stress and un-enjoyment than my actual full-time job.

33 minutes ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Blew through all three of my ladder uses today. P!Lukas is a dead weight of a bonus unit in this mode when everyone uses magic-based damage or is Surtr.

I swear, if I drop out of T21, I'm going to record myself deleting the game. Was going to give the account away, but since it's tied to my main Nintendo account, I'd lose my console game DLC in the process. When I'm losing, this game gives me more stress and un-enjoyment than my actual full-time job.

Do you have Sharena or Eir? Sharena is pretty useful in tanking Blade mages and Eir is a pretty good support unit if you are not running units with Desperation.