Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

I definitely need to get comfortable with how to play it, like breaking everything to replenish aether while keeping everyone alive, but this is my favorite mode in a long damn time. I can agree the loss in lift from defense losses is a little worrying as others have said. Also a bit disappointing that it's so limited.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you guys notice you can see next seasons bonus heroes when tapping the arrow? Kinda neat. Totally looking forward to everyone using chibi Azura.

I didn't really get the mode but liked it more than I thought... I don't think I'll ever rise above rank 6 or so. Loosing lift because the AI lost seems kinda mean, too. Anyways I'm happy people are having fun.

That being said, I still dislike pvp and feel pretty uncomfortable at other people replaying my embarrassing attempts at strategy.

i haven't had a chance to really check this out yet 
(I quickly ran through the tutorial).

did everyone spend their free stones/dews on getting stuff? (It looked like if you did "auto-set up" it spend everything for you). 
I can see me not getting very far in this (sigh) LOL

@Granny Huh, I didn't notice that you could preview next season's bonus units. That is nifty.

@bottlegnomes

Actually lost lift doesn't seem as serious as it first sounds. I don't think. If you look at the help you see this message

"Lift Decrease Limit: If you're attacked once, for the next 20 hours, your Lift will not decrease even if your defense fails".

So looks like one decrease per day roughly speaking. Assuming you lose the first match in each time frame. Assuming I read that correctly anyways.

@bottlegnomes how breaking stuff works? because i did break all the aether of the other team and my aether didn´t increase...

For now not a single person entered my dungeon Ç_Ç do you lose something for a battle skip? Didn´t try to skip to see but you can see the enemy map and if you don´t like and don´t have any penalty...

16 minutes ago, Eilanzer said:

@bottlegnomes how breaking stuff works? because i did break all the aether of the other team and my aether didn´t increase...

For now not a single person entered my dungeon Ç_Ç do you lose something for a battle skip? Didn´t try to skip to see but you can see the enemy map and if you don´t like and don´t have any penalty...

I think the only things that give aether are the aether structures(the well and the storage one, they say they give aether if broken in their description). I did not try backing out but once and then it warned me that I wouldn't get the daily reward because it would count as a loss. So I am guessing we can't back out like in arena. But I haven't tried it. I was like nope, not giving up 20 this early on.

Went and burned up my Aether. Not sure if I like the way it works. Doesn't seem to be the same amount each time. I thought I would have just enough to go again since I had 31 and the  cost was 16. I could destroy one structure surely. Nope now it is 17. Grr. Also I didn't get maximum lift. Lost two units while trying for maximum structure damage. I think I'll have to content myself with at least one and sometimes both. Because going for both tends to leave bodies behind.

Edited by Usana

You guys have any ideas for cancer educational defense maps?

For me personally, the Arena map that I despise the most is the vertical parallel bridges, and I am simulating that here by forcing players to go through the edges of the map or waste their time destroying structures. The central empty pocket gives some protection to my ponies if they rush down to meet the offensive player's team.

Spoiler

5MaH1ob.png

Another time waster I can think of is to copy the Arena map with checkerboard breakable walls. To simulate that, I am thinking of using either the Abandoned Castle or Spring Breeze Terrain, and then just sprinkle structures here and there.

46 minutes ago, Usana said:

Actually lost lift doesn't seem as serious as it first sounds. I don't think. If you look at the help you see this message

"Lift Decrease Limit: If you're attacked once, for the next 20 hours, your Lift will not decrease even if your defense fails".

So looks like one decrease per day roughly speaking. Assuming you lose the first match in each time frame. Assuming I read that correctly anyways.

Oh, that's quite a relief then. At worst, you're losing 640 over a week and you can definitely get more than that just from the 50 a day we get. I managed 700ish today, and figure we get 50 a day, which should hopefully equate to ~300, that works out to 2100 a week if they don't fully restore aether between weeks. So that's not even actually enough to cause you to ever not clear the next tier until tier 20 (1600 gap vs 1460 gain), if I understood everything correctly.

@Eilanzer I'm not super sure how it works either, but I think you get some for destroying each. A few times I got +2 aether when I destroyed everything and a few times I got +1 when I destroyed only one. Maybe it's +1 per aether structure?

Edited by bottlegnomes

@Eilanzer No idea. But I know I was getting the 1 Aether refund after battles for manage to destroy at least one. I don't remember the exact wording of the message. But I do know I overlooked it a couple of times so it might just be easy to miss?

Oh and as a note for folks who haven't realized it. The Bolt trap blasts your units as well as the enemy. I used it to debilitate a Halloween Myrrh into an HP threshold I could one shot. Or yes, I intentionally stepped on a trap to nuke everyone so that I could one shot a Myrrh. I probably didn't absolutely need to do so, but I was curious since the wording certainly seemed like foe and ally alike would be blasted. I have since moved my Bolt Trap down away from my units or where they are likely to be in my map. Instead it is there to punish you for trying to go around my units to hit a Aether Amphorae.

@XRay Mine is hardly ideal, but I am running this

Spoiler

FHmTEB2.png

The idea being if you rush my units the AI may not totally bork my units thanks to the Defensive Terrain making up for, lets just say, Aversa trying to punch Fjorm in the face. If you try to go around you will possibly nuke yourself. And Kliff can easily hit you over top the panic mansion if you use a horse to get up that high. The open space beside the wall is a problem though. Ideally I'll drop something there to block ya. Maybe  put the fake lightning up there so that you won't want to stop there.

@bottlegnomes Yep 1 per Aether structure is my understanding.

@Usana Cool, so I'm not crazy. That seemed surprisingly low, but I guess they don't want to punish people for failing to do so too much.

In all, I have to say, my only major gripe with this mode is that it's so limited to play. It's a hell of a lot of fun. If it really is just like an application issue as @silveraura25 suggested, I hope they get it accommodated for soon.

Edited by bottlegnomes

5 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm still experimenting with how to make a good defensive map and team, but I'm enjoying the mode so far. The only thing I don't like is losing costing lift. It seriously hinders everything.

Have you lost lift more than once(the help screen seems to say it should happen only once every 20 hours at most)? Or is even once too much you think?

I'm enjoying this new mode so far.

I only had one successful defense and three losses. As for offense I haven't lost yet. Most of the players that have defeated me had 40+10 units. However, I managed to defeat another user with 40+10 units. 

The defense theme I have for now is Halloween Myrrh, Halloween Kagero, Black Knight, and Tana (Regular). I want to replace Tana with another armored unit (I don't have any other 5* Armor Units) so probably I will save so Heroic Grails for a couple of Ardens or I can just do a Black Night build. I'll just hoard some grails and see what's more convenient later.

By a mistake I built the healing offensive building and I regret it now. I can't seem to find a use for the healing building (O) because of it limited range. RIP 100 shards.

Edited by Rhein

16 minutes ago, Smog said:

I'm enjoying this new mode so far.

I only had one successful defense and three losses. As for offense I haven't lost yet. Most of the players that have defeated me had 40+10 units. However, I managed to defeat another user with 40+10 units. 

The defense theme I have for now is Halloween Myrrh, Halloween Kagero, Black Knight, and Tana (Regular). I want to replace Tana with another armored unit (I don't have any other 5* Armor Units) so probably I will save so Heroic Grails for a couple of Ardens or I can just do a Black Night build. I'll just hoard some grails and see what's more convenient later.

how did you  get so many attacks on your skycastle? mine still only has one attempt at going at it from someone else (they lost a unit in that process).

This is pretty fun so far.

Do stamina costs go up by 1 for each attempt on a particular day? Seems annoying if so, since it discourages playing a lot on any one day in favor of playing like 4-5 times every day.

Is there any way to get more than 100 lift on offense?

10 minutes ago, Hilda said:

how did you  get so many attacks on your skycastle? mine still only has one attempt at going at it from someone else (they lost a unit in that process).

I actually don't know. Probably, the game randomly put me against those other users and/or they had enough Aether to encounter me. I know that I have to wait a while to get my Aether full. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_2018-11-09-11-28-12.thumb.png.d45a695d9da5770c05bde87fe243990a.png

26 minutes ago, Othin said:

This is pretty fun so far.

Do stamina costs go up by 1 for each attempt on a particular day? Seems annoying if so, since it discourages playing a lot on any one day in favor of playing like 4-5 times every day.

Is there any way to get more than 100 lift on offense?

Huh. That would explain my 16 and then 17 costs. And I agree that if that is the case that that isn't very nice. That is way too many thats.

26 minutes ago, Eilanzer said:

Did you guys see the lock feature they put for your team in raid? "All team members current levels, stats, skills, sacred seals, and blessings will be locked, but only for aether raids defense battles"

It's really useful. I hope that they implement something like that for most of the other modes with the 3.0 update.

I've switched my team to cancer after losing two matches with a placeholder team. Hoping to get a few replays to view before I get out of work and can actually read up on how everything works (it takes a lot longer when I have to translate from Japanese).

Cancer team:

+10 Priscilla [+Spd, -Def] (Pain+ [Dazzling Staff], Rehabilitate+, Miracle, Attack +3, Wrathful Staff 3, Hone Cavalry, Savage Blow 3)
+10 Elise [+Atk, -Def] (Pain+ [Dazzling Staff], Recover+, Miracle, Attack +3, Wrathful Staff 3, Hone Cavalry, Res Tactic 3)
+10 Loki [+Atk, -HP] (Pain+ [Wrathful Staff], Restore+, Earthwater Balm+, C Duel Infantry 3, Dazzling Staff 3, Odd Atk Wave 3, Def Tactic 3)
+10 Halloween Mia [+Spd, -Def] (Pain+ [Dazzling Staff], Recover+, Miracle, Attack +3, Wrathful Staff 3, Drive Def 2, Drive Def 2)

Trying to overlap threat ranges as much as possible.