FE9 Newbie Normal Mode draft.

Tootsie

Hey uhhh so I'm pretty new to the forums, but I've done drafts IRL with my buddies so I wanted to give it a shot on here with my most recently completed FE game, FE9. So let's see how this goes! I'm gonna go with rules my friends and I usually do for FE7/FE13 runs, combined with the rules from here. So a few quality of life changes and additions to make my first Serenes draft easier for myself. If people could help me out with drafting itself if I screw up somehow, that would be nice! Thank you!

Drafting

1. This draft is for 5 players.
2. Ike, Titania, and one of Tibarn, Naesala or Giffca are free for all to use.
3. Nasir and Ena will be drafted as a pair.
4. The game will be played on Normal Mode. (because wah wah im bad at fire emblem)

Rules

1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, Rescue and Shove/Smite undrafted characters, partners and NPCs, trade, Escape, and dig up items in the desert.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, opening Doors and Chests, and Arriving .
3. There are limits to how much BEXP may be used, and this is explained in detail below.
4. Partner and Other units may do as they please without penalty.
5. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.
6. Chapter 27, Part 2 is not counted for final turncounts.

Penalties

1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter (Chapter 17 counts as 4 chapters).

Exceptions

1. Reyson and Janaff/Ulki may be used to obtain the Knight Ring if undrafted. They may not perform any other disallowed actions without penalty.
2. Volke may be used in Chapter 10 to unlock doors and chests if undrafted.

BEXP Limits

Ok so basically I'm stupid and didn't understand how that table worked soooo I'm doing it different and a lot more simple.

1. You can only use BExp to top off the level of a drafted Unit until Endgame.
2. Titania cannot use BExp until Endgame.
3. All BExp can be used at Endgame however the player pleases.

4. The player can give 1 level of BExp to each of these characters, if drafted
Rhys
Mia
Ilyana
Mist
Rolf
Nephenee
Brom
Sothe
Astrid
Tormod

Players/Teams:
Tootsie: Ilyana, Reyson, Mist, Lethe, Stefan, Janaff, Brom, Geoffrey

TheJuk: Oscar, Kieran, Tormod, Mordecai, Gatrie, Elincia, Rolf, Largo

Solvaij: Jill, Tanith, Muarim, Haar, Zihark, Nasir/Ena, Ranulf, Tauroneo

Da Bear: Marcia, Makalov, Soren, Mia, Sothe, Ulki, Shinon, Bastian

DarthR0xas: Boyd, Astrid, Volke, Rhys, Nephenee, Devdan, Calil, Lucia

Edited by Tootsie

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, TheJuk said:

I’m in, FE9 is always fun

14 hours ago, Solvaij said:

Let's do it. I'm in

Ok i've added you both in. I did it a while ago i just didnt know how to multiquote and get the message across lol.

55 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Need a last one? Sign me up.

Favorite game Radiant Dawn gang. I'll be free for drafting a lot of the next two days so hopefully we can get moving and I can research LTC strats over the weekend lol.

Really hope I don't get the first pick, I hate Marcia. 

22 hours ago, DarthR0xas said:

Need a last one? Sign me up.

Awesome~! We can finally start drafting! Sorry I couldn't add you right away, I'm not always at my computer ahaha. 

I'm going to start thinking through my first pick before posting because TBH I love everyone in this game. What's the proper ettiquite for the drafting process? Do I quote the next person to get their attention or DM them or what?

7 minutes ago, Tootsie said:

Awesome~! We can finally start drafting! Sorry I couldn't add you right away, I'm not always at my computer ahaha. 

I'm going to start thinking through my first pick before posting because TBH I love everyone in this game. What's the proper ettiquite for the drafting process? Do I quote the next person to get their attention or DM them or what?

Normally the draft host puts everyone's name into a randomizer of sorts, and that decides the order. You normally at the person, by using the @ symbol and then typing in someones name.

Here is the website if you want to do it yourself https://www.random.org/lists/ 

If not I also just did it myself for convenience's sake.  

5becc4e69be49_Capture420.JPG.b8b03d0f97b40356b7c3e38b5541d364.JPG

So if you want to use that one, then we would simply call upon @Da Bear to please select his first draftee.

Oh, also some notes on drafting. The process follows a 1-2-3-4-5-5-4-3-2-1 pattern. So the final person for each cycle picks twice, since that doubles as their first pick for the next round.

Edited by DarthR0xas

22 hours ago, Da Bear said:

Really hope I don't get the first pick, I hate Marcia. 

24 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

5becc4e69be49_Capture420.JPG.b8b03d0f97b40356b7c3e38b5541d364.JPG

So if you want to use that one, then we would simply call upon @Da Bear to please select his first draftee.

REEEEEEEEE

Marcia (unless Tootsie is opposed to this list)

Also, Bands; what's the call on those because I don't have a completed POR game on my preferred "console")

Edited by Da Bear

30 minutes ago, Da Bear said:

Also, Bands; what's the call on those because I don't have a completed POR game on my preferred "console")

I'm okay with doing no bands, not like you need any extra stats on NM anyways.

Also let me @DarthR0xas  so they can see it's their turn

3 minutes ago, TheJuk said:

Also let me @DarthR0xas  so they can see it's their turn

Oh, I'm aware it's my turn. I was waiting on @Tootsie to give the list a full A.O.K. before I actually went and picked the draft. Although I suppose I might as well just do it regardless, so my pick is the man, the myth, the legend. BOYD @Solvaij

1 minute ago, Tootsie said:

I'm fine with the list lol. It's more effort than what I have to do. I guess I get two picks then? That's neat. Also, why do people first draft Marcia?

Well a draft is won by having the lowest turn count and Marcia does that better than anyone but Titania in the entire game.

Ohh right. IDK I kinda accidentally didn't use Marcia first because I kinda used Jill and Tanith and it was a choice between Jill and Tanith for early promotion and I chose Jill because god damn Minerva archetypes are bae then I just kinda forgot she existed lol. Also, what are you referring too when talking about bands? Are you talking about like the Demi Band, and Knight Ward and stuff?

2 minutes ago, Tootsie said:

Ohh right. IDK I kinda accidentally didn't use Marcia first because I kinda used Jill and Tanith and it was a choice between Jill and Tanith for early promotion and I chose Jill because god damn Minerva archetypes are bae then I just kinda forgot she existed lol. Also, what are you referring too when talking about bands? Are you talking about like the Demi Band, and Knight Ward and stuff?

Well you’re probably not getting Jill lol. I am referring to the bands you get throughout the game that increase growths marginally. I believe that those are the names but idr.

12 minutes ago, Tootsie said:

Are you talking about like the Demi Band, and Knight Ward and stuff?

Bands in this case is referring to the ones you get after beating the game once. As it says on the SF FE9 Hints and Secrets page: "From the second playthrough onwards, certain characters will start off with Bands in their inventories, such as Fighter Band, Priest Band etc. When equipped, these Bands raise the character’s growth rates by a total of 10%, which is spread amongst 1 or 2 stats."

If we decide against using bands the demi band and other items you can get on your first play through will still be fair game.

Edited by TheJuk
I goofed up some grammar

2 minutes ago, Tootsie said:

you make me so sad ;-;

Little did you know I TOO love the Minerva archetype, ha ha ha!

But yeah, sorry about that

Edited by Solvaij
cleaning!!