FE9 Newbie Normal Mode draft.

Tootsie

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the time you just give a 1-3 sentence quick rundown. Mention any forges or any other special battle prep things. Every couple of posts you add an update on character stats.

Anyways, I'll pick, uh. Jeez, I really don't want Brom, so I suppose I'll pick Calill.

@Solvaij

So I restarted my playthrough because I got Shinon but I already had my early game strats so I'm through Chapter 6. Here y'all go. 

Spoiler

Prologue 5/5
Why won't boyd attack back T_T
Chapter 1 3/8
Got both houses and it's impossible to 2 turn without Oscar. Titania kills the boss on turn 2 and
Chapter 2 4/12
Ike deals with the first wave Titania deals with the second. 
Chapter 3 3/15
This one is a tad bit more complex. Titania has to run as far forward as possible on each turn to reach the boss and Ike needs a shove on turn 3 from Shinon (Ike can technically reach marcia on turn 3 without shove but he needs to only aggro a few enemies turn 1 or else not enough people die to Titania and his path isn't clear)
Chapter 4 3/18
So Titania has a 4% crit rate on the boss for the 2 turn but I didn't feel up to rigging it. Titania once again charges as far forward as she can every turn defeating all enemies in her sights while Ike and Shinon soften up some kills for Soren. 
Chapter 5 6/24
Soren and Ike got some nice xp on the guys to the left. Titania did all of the heavy lifting to the south, got the ashera icon from dakova . Shinon is hella useful backup here 
Chapter 6 6/30
I wish this was faster but Ike has very low defense so I couldn't just throw him into all the enemies with reckless abandon. Only Ike and Titania escaped and no one really did much xp -wise

Character  XP    HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES 
Ike        8.05  25 11  01  10  11  11  05  03
Soren      4.22  20 00  08  09  10  07  02  08
Titania    5.87  36 14  06  16  15  14  12  08
Shinon     BASE 

So base defense Ike could be a problem. We shall see

Edited by Da Bear
Getting rid of some stuff

Tbh it’s so late you can probably just give them a unit and it won’t change anything. It has been a while at this point

E: we can either random or have me pick (it’s furthest away from me so u have the least personal interest) for her if you want to do that.

Edited by Da Bear

Really sorry guys, family member ended up in the hospital Monday night and I had to drive 14 hours Tuesday to visit, followed by sitting around in the hospital Wednesday and then Thanksgiving stuff and driving back home. Thanks for randomizing, and it shouldn't happen again.

4 hours ago, Tootsie said:

Oh I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to seem impatient or rude! I know how family issues can go around holidays and I hope your family gets well! @Solvaij

Oh uh also I'll take Geoffrey and Brom I guess.

@TheJuk

Don't worry about it, I probably would have reacted the same way lol, I know I was absent for a long time

Hmm, do I go bases or boobs.

Well, my mom always said think with your head, so I pick

LUCIA

That and I already have two magic users, and I like Lucia more.

So @Da Bear, you are left with Bastian, and the gameplay can commence. Now I just need to figure out how to actually emulate POR.

5 hours ago, Da Bear said:

good luck with the defense chapter lmao

Here's the strat

1. Titania squats on the throne

2. Ike runs up to Ilyana, yeeting upon everyone because he's gonna be so buff at that point (because honestly, this is gonna sound really noobish, but if I only use Titania she'll be stealing too much EXP so I'm gonna feed Ike a lot of kills.)

3. Have both of them run back to Titania

4. Have Titania kill the boss while Ike and Ilyana squat on the throne.

Hopefully it works otherwise run dead.

6 hours ago, Tootsie said:

Here's the strat

1. Titania squats on the throne

2. Ike runs up to Ilyana, yeeting upon everyone because he's gonna be so buff at that point (because honestly, this is gonna sound really noobish, but if I only use Titania she'll be stealing too much EXP so I'm gonna feed Ike a lot of kills.)

3. Have both of them run back to Titania

4. Have Titania kill the boss while Ike and Ilyana squat on the throne.

Hopefully it works otherwise run dead.

I'm sure you can do that, I'm more talking about the one where you can't deselect anyone in the greil mercenaries base because you can't deselect all the other people which could cost you turns.