Character and Class Growth Rates

BlazingSwordOfSeals

Character growths are for individual characters and generally only apply to player units. These are the numbers that you should pay attention to for characters.

Class growth rates are for enemies, and they increase the stats based on chapter and level.

Class growth rates are used for generic enemies. So, for example, if you like at the fighter's growth rates under class growth rates, that tells you the growth rates of generic enemy fighters.

Character growth rates are used for named characters. So, for example, if you like at Dorcas's growth rates under character growth rates, that tells you the growth rates Dorcas has. Dorcas's growth rates are not affected by the fighter's class growth rates; class growth rates are only used by the game to determine generic enemies' stats.

I can't believe I got ninja'd lol

Edited by Julius Nepos

13 hours ago, Julius Nepos said:

Class growth rates are used for generic enemies. So, for example, if you like at the fighter's growth rates under class growth rates, that tells you the growth rates of generic enemy fighters.

Character growth rates are used for named characters. So, for example, if you like at Dorcas's growth rates under character growth rates, that tells you the growth rates Dorcas has. Dorcas's growth rates are not affected by the fighter's class growth rates; class growth rates are only used by the game to determine generic enemies' stats.

I can't believe I got ninja'd lol

Welp, I'm stupid. lol. I always thought class growths modified.

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

Welp, I'm stupid. lol. I always thought class growths modified.

You might have been misled by the DS/3DS games, where their way of dealing with re-classing was to have the class growth rates always added, and swap the class growths when they change class.