Yoho!

CapnStix

Call me Stix! Pleasure to meecha. I've only played Awakening, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and Warriors, but I wanna play more.

A bit about me? Very well. Huge FF fan, been playing that since '97. I have a flair for the dramatic, so of course I naturally adore and gravitate towards theater/theatre. I have a dark sense of humor/humour and am almost always happy.

I live in America, but I don't mind so long as we can communicate what kinda English you are prone to using. Here's a fun fact: Huge vocabulary results in knowing some...Rather interesting words. I also use ...'s often, same with "you know?/y'know?".

And with that, i hope we can somewhat get along reasonably well.

Edited by CapnStix
Forgot TMS#FE counted as Fire Emblem.

Main series? To be honest, VI or IX. I hate II. We don't talk about FF2. Even IF Firion is a cool guy. We just don't.

Why VI? My favorite plot. Bad Guy actually does achieve his goal, unlike a certain silver haired man. Why IX? Magicite was Materia but worse...So make Magicite but good. I believe Tactics did it first, learning skills from equipment, and I love that. Intead of Skill Points, SKYRIM, it takes hundreds of AP to master a single ability so you can't quickly get abilities. Plus the OST has more hits, imo. Nothing tops the Opera Scene theme or Terra's theme, but IX has more than 4 amazing tracks. imo, of course.

Too bad it has Tetra Master. Still don't understand that...barely playable mess. Triple Triad is better. But there's Hot & Cold, so I overlook that.

Spin-offs? Errr...Counting sequels and prequels, it's a 2 way tie. Crisis Core and Tactics. I like Genesis (the character), sure he's Gackt but I'm not even remotely bothered by that. The original VII has MAAAANNNNNYYYYY plot holes. imo, again. At least we got the puppy that is Zack outta it, and that is 1000000000 reasons enough for me. And that ending...It's surely powerful. I nearly cried. You-Know-Who has you-know-what happen and I never felt bad about it. Zack? I actually cared about him.

Tactics is just...My third favorite video game ever. I can't do it justice to explain it. It wouldn't be right, y'know? It's one games ever, period. I'll die on a hill in defense of my opinion on this.

@eclipse, was it? I'd love to hear your lists. It'd be interesting, no doubt. I'm just glad you didn't ask my favorite and least favorite FF characters. I'd have to go into powerpoint pie charts and everything on you.

Have you SEEN Maria's outfit?  It's mind-boggling, to say the least!  Ahem. . .

Favorite is XV, hands down.  The character interactions are great, the music is great, and I don't get sick while playing it.  The food looks good, and I can get lost doing. . .well, anything, really.  IMO the story's there to justify four guys running around in a beautiful world.  May have teared up a bit at the ending, too.

Next is IX, because Kuja amuses me, and I have no idea how they'll redo that one male bonding scene should the game ever be remade.  The story's cute, as is Steiner.

After that is XIII. . .yes, stop looking at me like that.  It's basically playing XV in reverse.  Best soundtrack, and my least favorite character is my most-used battle character.  Go figure.

And then is VI, the game that got me into the series.  Plenty of memorable moments, both serious and goofy.  And dancing was so much fun~!

Oddly enough, Tactics is near the bottom of my list of favorite games.  I can't take the villains seriously, which hampers everything else.  I hope it's remade, and both sides are given a bit more nuance!

Talk about odd. You weren't kidding. No biggie. I loved XIII, as well. Especially Lightning. I started with VII, however. But VII, as well as X, isn't even in my top 5.

1. VI
  2. IX
  3. IV
  4. XIV
  5. XIII

I'd say VII is at 8th and X is 9th. I'd say fight me, but that might be seen as rude. I'd be playing XIV right now if not for a permaban for me. People are so quick to jump to conclusion, I tell you. But that is neither here nor there. Their product, their rules, so no hard feelings, right? No use getting worked up over a justified ban.

Heh, Maria has an interesting...design, to say the least. I've talked to people who dislike her design, as in the dress. I don't have a problem with it, but people will be people. Again, no worries. Taste is subjective, after all.