The Detective Pikachu movie trailer came out and it's the most cursed thing ever

Armagon

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That moment when Legendary treats the generations more equally than Game Freak does

I wasn't expecting the "realistic Pokémon" aesthetic, but I think I'm liking it. And when Pikachu says "oh my God," is he referring to Arceus or some other God?

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

That moment when Legendary treats the generations more equally than Game Freak does

I wasn't expecting the "realistic Pokémon" aesthetic, but I think I'm liking it. And when Pikachu says "oh my God," is he referring to Arceus or some other God?

Arceus doesn't seem to be a super well known thing outside Sinnoh so probably some other god.  

Like, you'd think people would talk about it more if it was a widely known creation diety, but they don't.  Arceus is almost never mentioned, and people usually venerate local Pokémon more than it (ie Reshiram and Zekrom in Unova).

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

I mean, it's a bit odd hearing Deadpika (Still works, but probably should have had Kaiji Tang for both for at least some consistency).

As much as we all love Kaiji Tang he unfortunately doesn't have the star power to push ticket sales like Ryan Reynolds does.

7 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

As much as we all love Kaiji Tang he unfortunately doesn't have the star power to push ticket sales like Ryan Reynolds does.

For sure, but neither would have had the meme power of Danny DeVito.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well, that's something. Guess sometimes fan work can be used for the series it's from, eh? (I mean, it's not 1:1. Just look at the Mr. Mime in the image in the article)

Huh. This is a surprisingly calm thread. The trailer took me by surprise, that's for sure. A lot of people noticed the attention to details, and the main characters seem interesting enough. Most designs are surprisingly well integrated, they might stick as odd alone but in the live action's world they're set in, at least for me the pokemon are designed well.

I can't apply that sentiment to Psyduck and Jigglypuff, though.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I’d like to point out since the movie is PG13 Pikachu can say the word Fuck once 

I really want Pikachu to say Fuck

I would laugh so hard if that happened omg

On 11/30/2018 at 5:09 AM, DisobeyedCargo said:

I’d like to point out since the movie is PG13 Pikachu can say the word Fuck once 

On 11/30/2018 at 12:40 PM, Dragoncat said:

I would laugh so hard if that happened omg

I highly doubt they will make Pikachu say anything too offensive, but if Pikachu does say something to offend, what do you think he will say?

I think the most offensive thing they will make Pikachu say is "you stink," "you are stupid," or something.

On 11/30/2018 at 8:09 AM, DisobeyedCargo said:

Wait, where did it say that it was going to be PG-13?

Other than that, I was pleasantly surprised at the trailer, Pikachu looks adorable, Charizard looks badass, I can understand some of the discorse with Jigglypuff but it doesn't phase me, and Psyduck looks like how I would imagine Psyduck to look like.

I was joking to my mom about seeing this because of freaking Ryan Reynolds as Pikachu but it actually looks decent, and it has nods to the actual games, which means the guys behind this either:

A. Are fans of the series.

Or B. Did their research.

10 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Wait, where did it say that it was going to be PG-13?

Other than that, I was pleasantly surprised at the trailer, Pikachu looks adorable, Charizard looks badass, I can understand some of the discorse with Jigglypuff but it doesn't phase me, and Psyduck looks like how I would imagine Psyduck to look like.

I was joking to my mom about seeing this because of freaking Ryan Reynolds as Pikachu but it actually looks decent, and it has nods to the actual games, which means the guys behind this either:

A. Are fans of the series.

Or B. Did their research.

I know that I saw it somewhere. Let me see f I can find it

if it turns out that I was wrong then my apologies 

10 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I know that I saw it somewhere. Let me see f I can find it

if it turns out that I was wrong then my apologies 

The main reason I ask is because it seems a bit weird coming from GameFreak, since, to the general public, Pokemon is well known for being kid-friendly.

Even though there are really dark Pokedex entires.

And SM basically being a less sexual retelling of Kill la Kill.

And Lysandre wanting to commit genocide in XY.

And pretty much all of Gen 5.

How is this series E rated again? I mean, it's not as bad as freaking Sacred Stones, with Orsons implied necrophilia and most of Valter's lines toward Eirika.

5 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

The main reason I ask is because it seems a bit weird coming from GameFreak, since, to the general public, Pokemon is well known for being kid-friendly.

Even though there are really dark Pokedex entires.

And SM basically being a less sexual retelling of Kill la Kill.

And Lysandre wanting to commit genocide in XY.

And pretty much all of Gen 5.

How is this series E rated again? I mean, it's not as bad as freaking Sacred Stones, with Orsons implied necrophilia and most of Valter's lines toward Eirika.

True 

I wasn’t able to find anything but I could have sworn I saw it somewhere 

10 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

True 

I wasn’t able to find anything but I could have sworn I saw it somewhere 

Hmm...

A case of the Mandela effect, maybe?