Detective Pikachu trailer released! With realistic Pokemon! And it looks...good!

Water Mage

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/1062027112041926656/video/1

Honestly, it looks awesome! I used to think that a realistic Mr. Mime would be creepy, but it actually looks pretty good!

I love that it actually does mime-like things. I don't recall that the anime ever did anything like that.

After seeing that, I have two things to say:

1. To fully match the other topic, I'm moving this to Far from the Forest (blame your title).
2. When the hell is this coming out?  I WANNA GO!

2 hours ago, Corrobin said:

image.png.42f29336ebaa1fce4e6a736455f3aa3c.png

The Wheel of Fate is Turning...

Rebel: 1!

ACTION!

Type I! Feo! Uru! Son! Ansu! Spring Raid! Combo Complete!

Oh, right, the trailer. Ahem. It looks graphically impressive and a valiant effort was made to capture a realistic portrayal of these characters but some 2d characters just weren't meant to be recreated in 3d, especially with an art style shift so I bet if I were to watch this movie I'd be pretty off put by the designs.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

After seeing that, I have two things to say:

1. To fully match the other topic, I'm moving this to Far from the Forest (blame your title).
2. When the hell is this coming out?  I WANNA GO!

I considered putting it here from the start, but didn’t want it to be seem as just a joke.

Either way, back to the subject, what Pokemon you guys are hoping to see in the movie?

29 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I considered putting it here from the start, but didn’t want it to be seem as just a joke.

Either way, back to the subject, what Pokemon you guys are hoping to see in the movie?

Glaceon, naturally.  

Though ultimately, I just hope important roles are spread throughout generations since the ones that got a lot of focus in the trailer tended to be Gen 1 + Greninja.  

28 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If Greninja are in the trailier, it implies that there's Pokemon from beyond R/B/Y.  In which case, I demand a Spinda.

There are post R/B/Y Pokemon scattered in the trailer.

Missing Pancham poster, Morelull moving with the Bulbasaur, Pachirisu hanging out on top of a street restaurant like the pests they are.

You may get your wish. I'm sure Spinda would be good for a bit or two.

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

When the hell is this coming out?  I WANNA GO!

You've probably already figured out when the movie is coming out, which would make this a rhetorical question that I clearly missed, but anyway....

It comes out May 11th, 2019.

2 hours ago, indigospace said:

You've probably already figured out when the movie is coming out, which would make this a rhetorical question that I clearly missed, but anyway....

It comes out May 11th, 2019.

YES IT'S JUST AS THE SCHOOL YEAR ENDS.  THIS IS MY REWARD FOR STICKING IT THROUGH!  WOOHOO!

Ahem. . .I'll look forward to it!

I liked the trailer. This is the rare case that I want to see a new movie in the theaters. The fact that they made the Pokémon kinda look like puppets is another plus. I have some weird thing about myself that I just like puppets.