The Game Awards?

Perkilator

Hey, everyone. You know we haven’t heard any Three Houses info in over 5 months, right? Well, that piques my curiosity; do you guys think we’ll get even a screenshot of it at the Game Awards this year? I’m not expecting it or anything, just a thought.

Edited by Perkilator

It'd be about the only reason I'd even watch a portion of that crapshoot of a show.

That said, they'll probably spend three-fifths of the show wanking off RDR2 and then offset that with a bunch of trailers presented by awkward developers and annoying hosts who think they're cool.  I at least know the latter will happen because that always happens because game awards shows are a big joke.

I'd place my bet on that if there's no 2nd direct this month that would be the sole reason I'd watch it since those event are always bad, boring and I don't care for it. Of course January is the obvious safe bet hopefully in the 1st week which would be best imo.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

Game Awards isn't the place for em...screenshots. I suppose it's possible Three Houses could have its next trailer at that event. Nintendo never misses a year to flaunt something, even if all they have is a DLC announcement for Zelda. That's actually my guess. a piece of Smash DLC is what Nintendo brings to the event. Anything beyond that will probably be a delightful surprise. My hope is for Metroid, personally.

53 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Typically it mostly focuses on Western AAA games.

Another reason I don't think FE: Treehouses will not be at the game awards.

Japanese games showing up at the game awards is usually the exception, and that's only if they're really big like Zelda: Breath of the Wild or Metal Gear Solid V.  As much as FE has enjoyed some real booming success in recent years, it's still not at the point where the game awards will parade it around in their sorry excuse of a show.

2 hours ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

those event are always bad, boring and I don't care for it.

I wonder what kinds of people don't think the game awards sucks and watch them unironically thinking they're the best show every year.

I only ever watch for people's reactions to how awful it is, the clips of all the failures, and any bits that contain news I'm interested in.  As do most people, I believe.

49 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Bayonetta 3 was revealed there last year, and we got nothing since, so that would be my guess.

Exactly it doesn't always has to be the typical favorable new metroid game to the west that show up there. I know Metroid would be better since its way more popular in the West than Japan by far and FE while imo more bigger now I doubt Japan would tune in there since its mostly a western event so a direct makes obvious sense for Three Houses. But if Metroid Prime 4 isn't coming in 2019 or if anything is not substantial at all don't even bother wasting time on it and wait for next years E3...

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

6 hours ago, Jingle Bells said:

I doubt that Three Houses will be teased at the Game Awards. Typically it mostly focuses on Western AAA games.

5 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Another reason I don't think FE: Treehouses will not be at the game awards.

Japanese games showing up at the game awards is usually the exception, and that's only if they're really big like Zelda: Breath of the Wild or Metal Gear Solid V.  As much as FE has enjoyed some real booming success in recent years, it's still not at the point where the game awards will parade it around in their sorry excuse of a show.

Jesus Christ, don't make me defend the Game Awards. You guys are just straight up lying. I don't know if it's misinformation or what, but you can just go to wikipedia and see that this isn't true. The only year this really held true was in 2015.

Nintendo always represents big at the Game Awards, it's become Kojima's platform of choice to show off Death Stranding, From Software+Bamco shows shit there all the time.

Japan isn't as represented as western games there, but more western games are being developed and coming out than Japanese games. Japanese games are still shown off there every single year.

Did you guys wake up in a bad mood, or did reading about the Game Awards just put you in a bad place?

Edited by Slumber

58 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Jesus Christ, don't make me defend the Game Awards. You guys are just straight up lying. I don't know if it's misinformation or what, but you can just go to wikipedia and see that this isn't true. The only year this really held true was in 2015.

Nintendo always represents big at the Game Awards, it's become Kojima's platform of choice to show off Death Stranding, From Software+Bamco shows shit there all the time.

Japan isn't as represented as western games there, but more western games are being developed and coming out than Japanese games. Japanese games are still shown off there every single year.

Did you guys wake up in a bad mood, or did reading about the Game Awards just put you in a bad place?

What I'm referring to is that large Western games tend to win more awards. 2017 was a exception to that, and I wish to that trend to continue. Judging by the nominees this year to looks to be Western dominated again.

2 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Nah.

I just think the idea of a media awards show is a joke and don't feel like putting even five seconds of serious thought into it.  It'd be like if I were concerned about whether or not a school was discriminating against girls in red dresses in some high school popularity contest.  Not worth a second thought.  If I'm wrong about what I say about the awards show, then too bad, I guess.

22 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

What I'm referring to is that large Western games tend to win more awards. 2017 was a exception to that, and I wish to that trend to continue. Judging by the nominees this year to looks to be Western dominated again.

I mean, I don't really know who gives a shit about the actual awards given at the Game Awards, but this was a pretty weak year for Japanese games. I can't really think of a huge, stand out Japanese game this year that isn't Smash or Monster Hunter. Everything else is either niche(JRPGs and fighting games), done to win back an audience(SoulCalibur 6 and Megaman 11), and/or remakes of 10+ year old games(Shadow of the Colossus and Yakuza Kiwami 2).

Everyone I know of watches it for game reveals. Which I'd say has a pretty reasonable representation of Japanese games.

Edited by Slumber

2 hours ago, Slumber said:

Yeah, I wasn't going to say anything but wow, this sudden vitriol. You'd think people would express their disinterest in something by not watching or talking about it. But apparently the idea of other people enjoying a show you don't is too much for some. 

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

I mean, I don't really know who gives a shit about the actual awards given at the Game Awards, but this was a pretty weak year for Japanese games. I can't really think of a huge, stand out Japanese game this year that isn't Smash or Monster Hunter. Everything else is either niche(JRPGs and fighting games), done to win back an audience(SoulCalibur 6 and Megaman 11), and/or remakes of 10+ year old games(Shadow of the Colossus and Yakuza Kiwami 2).

It may feel weak, but definitely average in my opinion. Just a start contrast to 2017 which saw Mario, Zelda, and Persona firing on all cylinders with the latter two being perhaps the first and second most anticipated games of the decade that somehow managed to meet those expectations. Resident Evil 7 making a new case for the long thought dead survival horror genre, with The Evil Within 2 close behind. And Nier Automota being...whatever it wants to be in that moment. While western game devs weren't asleep during that particular year, many commented at the time that it was a hallmark year for Japanese game development not seen in a long time.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think Nintendo has a very strict ''No Tree Houses before Smash!'' rule so I think we'll be hearing something about Three Houses in January. 

Well I'm glad Smash will come and be over with already so I can see games I want so much more.....

Banner saga is apparently nominated for the game awards so that's cool I guess?

otherwise though, I never really got the point of all the video game awards shows 

They really do still feel like the joke award shows (and music awards shows are supposed to be that, so it kinda says something lmao)

I'm still thinking January is the earliest we're going to get anything on Three Houses.

To be honest, while I didn't expect anything from Nintendo, I'm a little surprised there was nothing from Famitsu. Figured they might have talked about the game at least once by now.