Most Favorite OST from Fire Emblem

CapnStix

Topic. Fates may have a bad story, to some, but no one can deny how great the OST is. My favorite is Warriors, though. The Warriors OST always gets me pumped up.

While I love Lost in Thoughts, All Alone, and a lot of the other climactic Fates tracks, including most boss and plot-important fights' soundtracks, my personal favourite soundtrack would easily have to be Echoes.

The fact that there are full Latin vocals on multiple tracks,(apparently the lyrics are listed in a memorial book, which I sadly don't have, though I have heard that Lord of a Dead Empire is sung from Rudolf's perspective as a sort of Requiem for Alm) full and masterfully composed orchestral scores, and in my opinion, incredible story/OST integration is just so incomparable within the series.

My favourite tracks are probably Twilight of the Gods, Lord of a Dead Empire, Pride and Arrogance, The Scion's Dance in Purgatory, Praise This Despair, The Mad God's Blessing, The Air of Brutality, Duma's Ordeal, and The Ark of Dawn, but there are so many more fantastic tracks. I even have a playlist of all of the tracks from echoes that I'll listen to just in my spare time (Oops, there're a lot of them) which I could post on youtube if people would like. (No quality guarantee, music taste is subjective as hell).

Fun fact, the title of Wagner's famous Götterdämmerung opera refers to the downfall of the gods in Germanic mythology, and can literally be translated to Gods Twilight (Götter Dämmerung). Sound familiar? Anyone who has listened to his music knows that Wagner's sound and style have influence on the SoV soundtrack. I'd go more in depth, but this is a Fire Emblem board, not a music theory/history board.

Berkut's lance, Kriemhild, is also named for a major figure in Norse mythology, wife of Sigurd/Siegfried AND a character in Götterdämmerung. (Sooo Berkut's ranged lance is married to Xander's ranged sword, who happens to be the alter ego of one of Genealogy's main characters? What a mess :P)

The fact that this game's soundtrack can be this beautiful isolated or within the game, while still remaining melodically faithful to Gaiden's Soundtrack AND thematically faithful to the game is extremely beautiful to me, a big music nerd who quite enjoys orchestral music alongside being a fire emblem fanatic. SoV's soundtrack is just without compare for me, it's quite possibly even my favourite video game soundtrack of all time. 

1 hour ago, WilloWisp said:

My favourite tracks are probably Twilight of the Gods, Lord of a Dead Empire, Pride and Arrogance, The Scion's Dance in Purgatory, Praise This Despair, The Mad God's Blessing, The Air of Brutality, Duma's Ordeal, and The Ark of Dawn, but there are so many more fantastic tracks.

Ooooh, Ark of Dawn is my favorite from SoV. That's a cool thought that Lord of a Dead Empire is from Rudolph's point of view, too!

I loved the soundtrack for FE7, and Sacred Stones has nostalgia factor, but in the end I think SoV's OST has the most musical value. That's the one that I would choose to listen to outside of playing the game. But when considering how it compliments the gameplay, I think Awakening's soundtrack is the best. I love how there are two versions of each song, a more laid-back one for map view, and a more intense, usually brassy one for when you transition to watch the battles and the action is suddenly all up in your face.

I find Music Box from Genealogy of the Holy War to be one of the most beautiful songs in the entire franchise. It's an incredible reward for completing the game. It may not be too flashy, but it's calm and soothing, which I think fits the end of FE4 quite nicely, especially after everything that Sigurd, Seliph, and the player have been through. I interpret it as a final confirmation that Jugdral is finally at peace. 

I also adore the Opening song from Path of Radiance. Definitely one of my favorite openings to any game that I've ever played. It starts off a bit ominous, and then when the instruments of war kick in, it hits hard. The song ends rather peacefully once the aforementioned instruments of war die down.

I can't forget Unity from Echoes. It's easily one of the best recruitment themes in the series. It hits all the right notes, and it's satisfying to listen to. I find the best use of this song is during Zeke's recruitment in Act 4.

I don't really care for the older game's soundtracks, but I liked the three 3DS games, especially Fates and Echoes. I didn't think of Warriors before entering the topic, due to being a spinoff, but of course it's great as well.

I don't know. I'm split between FE4 and FE6 (maybe FE7 too, but it isn't as close as the first 2) .

FE6 has the most consistently amazing soundtrack specifically the enemy phase themes and character themes, while FE4 has a lot of my favorites period (Birth of the Holy Knight, Girl of the Spirit Forest, Disturbance in Agustria, and Light Inheritors come to mind.).

While I do like some of Awakening's tracks (Don't speak her name and Id: Purpose comes to mind). Most of the OST just blends together for me. I haven't listened to Fates' music enough to form an opinion of it, but what I heard so far its fine.

Edited by Jerry Kuma

Tokyo Mirage Sessions is definitely up there, with great songs such as Jump, Ouga!, Reincarnation, Feel and Dream Catcher.

Echoes is beautiful, with Heritors of Arcadia, Lord of a Dead Empire, and Twilight of the Gods.