What canceled games disappointed you most?

Fabulously Olivier

22 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

part that sucks most is that they even asked EA or disney to release it (basically asking them to get it to the consumer, they could give it out for free or sell it, the developer didn't care, they just didn't want it all to go to waste), but they still said no, now that battlefront ea is here for all to see, I can understand why, they wanted their own battlefront so they wouldn't be held to any standards.

Well the joke is on them. They still can't meet the standards of SWBF2 from 2005. 

7 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Well the joke is on them. They still can't meet the standards of SWBF2 from 2005. 

Yeah, I'm almost positive Battlefront 3 got shitcanned was because they didn't want to compete with themselves after already planning on making a big-budget, Battlefield-based Battlefront game.

I have no idea about the overlap of development of these two games, but that's how it reads to me.

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

Being another Xenogears megafan, Xenogears is such a totally complete(I mean as far as the narrative is concerned. Obviously the gameplay side of things got rushed to high hell) package that I'm not too torn up over not getting an Episode 6.

It's technically not 100% complete as some subplots weren't finished (such as the whole thing with Rico being the heir to Kislev) or were straight-up not there (half of the cast doesn't get Omnigears) but all of the important stuff was there and had it not been for the big "Episode 5" text in the credits, no one would've assumed that Xenogears was part of a bigger narritiave.

But as i said before, all the stuff that WAS cut is all found in Perfect Works so the bigger narritiave is still there (aside from Episode 6).

The whole lying awake at night thing was just an exaggeration.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's technically not 100% complete as some subplots weren't finished (such as the whole thing with Rico being the heir to Kislev) or were straight-up not there (half of the cast doesn't get Omnigears) but all of the important stuff was there and had it not been for the big "Episode 5" text in the credits, no one would've assumed that Xenogears was part of a bigger narritiave.

But as i said before, all the stuff that WAS cut is all found in Perfect Works so the bigger narritiave is still there (aside from Episode 6).

The whole lying awake at night thing was just an exaggeration.

The Rico thing was something that was always hinted at enough that I felt that it being open-ended and not followed up on wasn't the biggest deal. Obviously everyone getting Omnigears would have been ideal(And obviously Rico's story probably would have wrapped up with inheriting one from Kislev or something along those lines), since it basically sets hard tiers for characters near the end(Hell, Bart gets an Omnigear, and even he starts to fall behind in the end).

And yeah, I figured the "lying awake" but was an exaggeration. It just helped me compare and say that I don't mind too much that we never got a Xenogears 2.

Edited by Slumber

9 hours ago, Doctor Healmore said:

I would would say Scott pilgrim vs the world the game even though I doesn't really fit the category of cancelled games but seeing as it was pulled off all E-store shelves Before I got into The series About 3 years ago

I get you. At least we have it so can play it on PS3, but licensing is the issue there (and sadly that's entirely on Anamanaguchi, they're not budging)

The only one I'm thinking of right now is the game which was cancelled last year I think that would have focused on dragon combat (I am blanking on the name).

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The only one I'm thinking of right now is the game which was cancelled last year I think that would have focused on dragon combat (I am blanking on the name).

Oh yeah, Scalebound. 

I have a friend who'd kick my ass for forgetting about a canceled Platinum game. 

27 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Oh yeah, Scalebound. 

I have a friend who'd kick my ass for forgetting about a canceled Platinum game. 

That's the one.

I thought about not posting on the thread because cancelled games tend to disappear from my radar.

Even though neither of these games were actually cancelled, their final forms were vastly different than what was shown, so I'll count them. Both Gamecube Kirby and Spaceworld Zelda probably would've been really good and very well received, but whether moreso than Wind Waker (by now) or Return to Dreamland is hard to say.