When CYL3 comes around, who will you guys vote for?

Gregster101

7 hours ago, Zangetsu said:Marth is going to win for sure. Undoubtedly he's going to be the male winner & more than likely he'll 1st place overall.

Considering the sheer idiocy on how IS treats Alm he'll no doubt get 2nd place.

If there's anything I learn about people on the internet, they don't like be screw over & Marth & Alm got have been screwed over.

I wouldn't say that about Marth considering how many times he's been shilled & being Smash Bros, but I can't say the same about Alm.

Marth is almost guaranteed to get the spot. I don’t think his cons outweigh his pros in getting his rightful place within the brave heroes.

Cons:

-still deals with split votes

-It would be possible that his legendary wouldn’t take away some votes if Legendary Marth sucked, but as you know, he’s one of the deadliest legendary heroes so far

Pros:

-While he was screwed over last year with the aforementioned split votes, and he’s certainly dealing with them again, his competition has been severely reduced

-With only two alts, one of them being the only worthwhile, alt fatigue won’t be affecting him anytime soon

-CYL3 will be only two months after Smash Ultimate. You know, the franchise that was responsible for a chain of events that led to FE in these parts XD

I don’t see Alm wining sadly, Echoes seems to have quickly fallen under the radar T_T. It’s all Fates guys 

The only competition I see for Marth are Chrom, being in Smash for ‘em memes, and The Reinhardt 

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Midnox said:

Marth is almost guaranteed to get the spot. I don’t think his cons outweigh his pros in getting his rightful place within the brave heroes.

Cons:

-It would be possible that his legendary wouldn’t take away some votes if Legendary Marth sucked, but as you know, he’s one of the deadliest legendary heroes so far

Pros:

-While he was screwed over last year with the aforementioned split votes, and he’s certainly dealing with them again, his competition has been severely reduced

-With only two alts, one of them being the only worthwhile, alt fatigue won’t be affecting him anytime soon

-CYL3 will be only two months after Smash Ultimate. You know, the franchise that was responsible for a chain of events that led to FE in these parts XD

I don’t see Alm wining sadly, Echoes seems to have quickly fallen under the radar T_T. It’s all Fates guys 

The only competition I see for Marth are Chrom, being in Smash for ‘em memes, and The Reinhardt 

I think Alm still has a decent shot considering he got close to getting 2nd last time. If anything, the people who voted for Celica will probably give their votes to Alm. And I hope so, because Alm really needs an alt! X(

6 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

...No, unless you're saying I should vote for Brigand Boss, in which case HAHAHAHAHAHAHAno.

Out of curiosity, are any of the other villain characters with names available in SoV's voting cast? I'd be down to see those Dread Fighters who only showed up in Duma's Level.

I don't know if that's sarcasm or not so I'll just explain it anyways.

It's stupid I can vote for Brigand Boss & not the Cipher DLC units.

Also they were Dread Fighters enemies? I don't remember this

5 hours ago, Midnox said:

Cons:

Pros:

That 2nd con isn't even con.

As much I think Echoes is over rated, that just not fair. People are always been vocal about representation, so there's no way Alm isn't going get 2nd place at very least on the men side.

3 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

I think Alm still has a decent shot considering he got close to getting 2nd last time. If anything, the people who voted for Celica will probably give their votes to Alm. And I hope so, because Alm really needs an alt! X(

Now it's ok to have alts? Good grief

54 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Now it's ok to have alts? Good grief

Alts aren't necessarily bad, it's more that they keep giving alts to the same characters over and over again instead of giving alts to a character who either only has one alt (i.e. Eliwood) or not alt at all (i.e. Alm, Seliph, etc.)

7 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Alts aren't necessarily bad, it's more that they keep giving alts to the same characters over and over again instead of giving alts to a character who either only has one alt (i.e. Eliwood) or not alt at all (i.e. Alm, Seliph, etc.)

So whenever it's convenient for them, of course.

Just saying that people better have the same reaction for a 4th alt when it comes to Seliph  & Leif

12 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

So whenever it's convenient for them, of course.

Just saying that people better have the same reaction for a 4th alt when it comes to Seliph  & Leif

No, because by the time they get a 4th alt, assuming they even do, there will most likely be characters with double the number of alts or enough time has passed and most characters are already in the game. 

23 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

No, because by the time they get a 4th alt, assuming they even do, there will most likely be characters with double the number of alts or enough time has passed and most characters are already in the game. 

& if they do get an 4th alt (as unlikely that is) before that, that criteria people better have the same reaction

Edited by Zangetsu

7 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

& if they do get an 4th alt (as unlikely that is) before that criteria people better have the same reaction

I doubt it because a lot of people seem biased when female characters get alts. Eirika got her second alt and she got more flack than Hector who got his third alt. While Marth's second alt got no hate at all. 

2 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I doubt it because a lot of people seem biased when female characters get alts. Eirika got her second alt and she got more flack than Hector who got his third alt. While Marth's second alt got no hate at all. 

Yes, I'm aware of the double standard of the community. It's the whole reason why I no longer consider myself a Fire Emblem fan

53 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Yes, I'm aware of the double standard of the community. It's the whole reason why I no longer consider myself a Fire Emblem fan

You can still be a fan of FE because being a fan of FE means you like FE. That doesn't necessarily mean you're a fan of the community. 

20 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

You can still be a fan of FE because being a fan of FE means you like FE. That doesn't necessarily mean you're a fan of the community. 

As insightful & great that quote is, I've been only enjoying the 3DS era.

When I played Blazing Sword, I remember why I didn't get into the franchise & when I played Echoes I didn't enjoy as much I desperately wanted to. I'm hoping that Sacred Stone & the Tellius duology will change my mind, but so far everything points at one specific era & I just don't think that's enough consider myself a fan if I only like 2 games out of 12.

I gotta say, it's going to be interesting to see how CYL3 plays out.

On the male side, I don't see much change. Marth will likely take 1st with Ike, Roy, Ephraim, and Hector out of the way. Given CYL2's results, I think Alm, Reinhardt and Chrom will fight it out for 2nd place. Alm not having any alts at all might work in his favor unless he gets something soon.

For the females, it could get potentially chaotic. Loki and Laevatein are likely to drop completely due to being playable now (Veronica not being playable benefited her in CYL2). Camilla and Azura are both drowning in alts which have divided people further. Eirika now has 2 alts, and Nino and Micaiah have 1 each. How this all plays out will be quite something.

Edited by Sentinel07

8 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

For the females, it could get potentially chaotic. Loki and Laevatein are likely to drop completely due to being playable now (Veronica not being playable benefited her in CYL2). Camilla and Azura are both drowning in alts which have divided people further. Eirika now has 2 alts, and Nino and Micaiah have 1 each. How this all plays out will be quite something.

Would Loki even be votable since she got into the game through the last CYL?

37 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Only the Top 2 from each gender are eliminated. The Farfetched Heroes characters get to stay since they're not really Brave Heroes.

It was Brave Redux, not Farfetched. That's why I don't know. I know what the rules were for CYL2, but it may be different for CYL3, especially since we didn't get a Brave Redux banner for CYL1.

12 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

It was Brave Redux, not Farfetched. That's why I don't know. I know what the rules were for CYL2, but it may be different for CYL3, especially since we didn't get a Brave Redux banner for CYL1.

Brave Redux is essentially the same concept as Farfetched Heroes tho. A compensation prize for characters who did very well on the poll but weren't already in the game

23 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Different name, same concept. They just decided to go with a more original name than just calling it Farfetched Heroes 2. 

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

I gotta say, it's going to be interesting to see how CYL3 plays out.

On the male side, I don't see much change. Marth will likely take 1st with Ike, Roy, Ephraim, and Hector out of the way. Given CYL2's results, I think Alm, Reinhardt and Chrom will fight it out for 2nd place. Alm not having any alts at all might work in his favor unless he gets something soon.

Reinhardt still has a chance, but I'd imagine he'll actually drop. He's still pretty infamous, but the meme isn't nearly as prevalent as it was last year.

I'd like any of them to win, but another one, though less likely is Eliwood.

On 11/21/2018 at 5:35 PM, Zangetsu said:

Also they were Dread Fighters enemies? I don't remember this

Yeah, there are two Dread Fighters and a Gold Knight on the left during Duma's final battle. I think one of them was named Cerberus, don't recall the other one, and I think the Gold Knight was...Hades? It's been a bit since I last fought Duma so I'm fuzzy on everyone except Marla and Hestia(who I would also spare a vote for if I had enough votes).

28 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Yeah, there are two Dread Fighters and a Gold Knight on the left during Duma's final battle. I think one of them was named Cerberus, don't recall the other one, and I think the Gold Knight was...Hades? It's been a bit since I last fought Duma so I'm fuzzy on everyone except Marla and Hestia(who I would also spare a vote for if I had enough votes).

Seeing Sonya's sisters get some expansion would be pretty cool.

8 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Eirika's alt got hate because she got a tome used by another character. Eirika is my fifth favorite FE character and I also voiced my displeasure at that move in the thread were she got released.
I remember the reception towards Micaiah and Elincia's alts being a lot more positive so I don't think it always has something to do with Female/Male characters.

1 hour ago, Hekselka said:

Eirika's alt got hate because she got a tome used by another character. Eirika is my fifth favorite FE character and I also voiced my displeasure at that move in the thread were she got released.

For me, while Gleipnir being introduced this way annoyed me as well, it had more to do with how non-canon mage Eirika was.

In contrast to Elincia and Micaiah's alts, Eirika was introduced in a normal new heroes banner rather than a seasonal/special one.

Edited by Vince777

10 hours ago, Hekselka said:

I remember the reception towards Micaiah and Elincia's alts being a lot more positive so I don't think it always has something to do with Female/Male characters.

I meant the legendary alt. Wasn't talking about her cavalry alt which was pretty dumb and didn't represent Eirika's character at all. 

21 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I meant the legendary alt. Wasn't talking about her cavalry alt which was pretty dumb and didn't represent Eirika's character at all. 

I think the hate for Legendary Eirika is more cuz of the fact that she got a second alt over characters who still don't have an alt at all like Alm or Seliph