When CYL3 comes around, who will you guys vote for?

Gregster101

Just now, Gregster101 said:

I think the hate for Legendary Eirika is more cuz of the fact that she got a second alt over characters who still don't have an alt at all like Alm or Seliph

That didn't happen with Marth. I smell bias. Even Hector with more alts got less flack. 

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I meant the legendary alt. Wasn't talking about her cavalry alt which was pretty dumb and didn't represent Eirika's character at all. 

Oh right, I somehow missed the "second" part of your post when referring to Eirika's alt.

Edited by Hekselka

Gotta continue the Ilyana push. If they put out a midway progress report like last time I'll probably throw a swingvote or two at a top ten candidate that I find particularly satisfying. Marth will receive at least one vote from me because frankly he deserves it.

On 11/22/2018 at 8:53 PM, SoulWeaver said:

Yeah, there are two Dread Fighters and a Gold Knight on the left during Duma's final battle. I think one of them was named Cerberus, don't recall the other one, and I think the Gold Knight was...Hades? It's been a bit since I last fought Duma so I'm fuzzy on everyone except Marla and Hestia(who I would also spare a vote for if I had enough votes).

Thanks for clarifying.

Off Topic: How can you be so cruel to have 2 cats fight against each other?

On 11/22/2018 at 9:22 PM, bottlegnomes said:

Seeing Sonya's sisters get some expansion would be pretty cool.

Seeing any Gaiden/SOV character getting more expansion that's not in a art book would be nice in general

On 11/23/2018 at 10:02 AM, Xenovia said:

I repeat:  I will exclusively vote for Camilla for CYL3 if I'm still playing.

You don't have to force yourself to play. All you gotta do is just log in to get free orbs

3 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Thanks for clarifying.

Off Topic: How can you be so cruel to have 2 cats fight against each other?

What, that's totally an On-Topic question. Actually, I just found it on Imgur like a month ago with the caption 'the greatest cat pic of all time' and rediscovered it digging through trying to find a different pic to use for my profile and decided what the hey.

Other dude I was just reminded I wanted thanks to the once-more-useless choice of Legendary Hero, why the frick haven't we been given the choice to go Anri? The dude NEEDS to be recognized somewhere way more than at least half the characters we've been getting this past year.

14 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

You don't have to force yourself to play. All you gotta do is just log in to get free orbs

I meant that I've lost interest over time as new content is released sporadically, and a majority of the content is just grinding.  I still play, but I enjoy it less and less.  Recently, I've mainly  been playing to +10 Kagero, which I just did.

11 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

What, that's totally an On-Topic question. Actually, I just found it on Imgur like a month ago with the caption 'the greatest cat pic of all time' and rediscovered it digging through trying to find a different pic to use for my profile and decided what the hey.

Well that answers that mystery.

11 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Other dude I was just reminded I wanted thanks to the once-more-useless choice of Legendary Hero, why the frick haven't we been given the choice to go Anri? The dude NEEDS to be recognized somewhere way more than at least half the characters we've been getting this past year.

Probably the same reason why the 8 legends from the Elibe series aren't legible to vote. Well not including Athos anyways.

59 minutes ago, Xenovia said:

I meant that I've lost interest over time as new content is released sporadically, and a majority of the content is just grinding.  I still play, but I enjoy it less and less.  Recently, I've mainly  been playing to +10 Kagero, which I just did.

You still haven't to force yourself to play something boring. Hopefully that's not a sign of being addicted to the game itself.

9 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Probably the same reason why the 8 legends from the Elibe series aren't legible to vote. Well not including Athos anyways.

Because they're trying to forget Binding Blade existed? Strange logic to use for Anri.

...Yes, that was sarcasm, in case you weren't sure.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 6:59 PM, Puzzle044 said:

Assuming there are seven votes...

1- Florina 
2- Jill 
3- Pent
4- Eliwood 
5- Nino
6- Lloyd
7- Serra

I may very well swap out a vote with Morgan or Kellam.

Who's Kellam? You mean that decorative piece of armor people sometimes talk to?

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:10 AM, Zangetsu said:

I think the requirements are that the character needs a name and a portrait. I guess Anri kind of does? There's a picture of the back of his head in Shadow Dragon, at least.

On 11/26/2018 at 10:20 AM, SoulWeaver said:

Because they're trying to forget Binding Blade existed? Strange logic to use for Anri.

...Yes, that was sarcasm, in case you weren't sure.

Yes, I wasn't sure. I tend to not be able read sarcasm on the internet so I appreciate the clarification.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

I think the requirements are that the character needs a name and a portrait. I guess Anri kind of does? There's a picture of the back of his head in Shadow Dragon, at least.

Well I guess that makes more qualified than 8 legends ever were.

But seriously it would be nice to see the 1st exalt or whatever his title is.

18 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

There's a picture of the 8 legends, too, and while they're facing the camera, their features aren't very defined.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Anri also has a questionably canon appearance in a manga somewhere if you check his Wikia page, so he theoretically has a face they could use.

6 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

8 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

There's a picture of the 8 legends, too, and while they're facing the camera, their features aren't very defined.

We actually do have in-game portraits for half the Eight Legends - Roland, Durban, Athos, and Bramimond all appear in some capacity during Blazing Sword. Elimine also has an appearance if you use the Mario Kart Double Dash Bonus Disc(I think that's how you see it, anyways), which they could literally just trace and use as Heroes artwork if they wanted. Hartmut appears in Hasha no Tsurugi in fair detail, which leaves only Barigan and Hanon, both of whom got shafted and have no actual face to go on, though Hanon is referenced by Brave Lyn in Heroes so they could probably get away with making her look similar to Lyn, meaning the only one they'd have to stretch for is Barigan. I think Bramimond is actually the one holding them back from receiving more of a shot, since his studies of Dark Magic resulted in him becoming essentially a copy of whoever he's speaking to. On the Hero screen, he would appear like Kiran, but in battle, he'd have to somehow become a copy, at least aesthetically, of whoever he was doing battle with. Also, since Kiran doesn't really speak, Bramimond wouldn't get any Tap Quotes...or Level Up Quotes...or any Quotes, really.

26 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

We actually do have in-game portraits for half the Eight Legends - Roland, Durban, Athos, and Bramimond all appear in some capacity during Blazing Sword. Elimine also has an appearance if you use the Mario Kart Double Dash Bonus Disc(I think that's how you see it, anyways), which they could literally just trace and use as Heroes artwork if they wanted. Hartmut appears in Hasha no Tsurugi in fair detail, which leaves only Barigan and Hanon, both of whom got shafted and have no actual face to go on, though Hanon is referenced by Brave Lyn in Heroes so they could probably get away with making her look similar to Lyn, meaning the only one they'd have to stretch for is Barigan. I think Bramimond is actually the one holding them back from receiving more of a shot, since his studies of Dark Magic resulted in him becoming essentially a copy of whoever he's speaking to. On the Hero screen, he would appear like Kiran, but in battle, he'd have to somehow become a copy, at least aesthetically, of whoever he was doing battle with. Also, since Kiran doesn't really speak, Bramimond wouldn't get any Tap Quotes...or Level Up Quotes...or any Quotes, really.

Ah, right, I forgot about that. Though it's clear that Kiran actually does talk, given the responses from some of the characters. Things like "What? You think I should do x?" Implying that Kiran told him/her that he thinks he/she should do x. I'd imagine Bramimond's quotes would be similar. Things like "Hello! How are you today? Huh? Are you copying me? Why?" and "Oh, that's great! You sure got stronger!" Except... Actually, he responded as himself, if he had the other person's personality and feelings, not copying them directly, so... Tricky. Guess they'll have to dive even deeper into defining Kiran's thoughts on things (as they've already kind of backed themselves into a corner and wound up having to do, despite trying to leave him generic.)

2 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Ah, right, I forgot about that. Though it's clear that Kiran actually does talk, given the responses from some of the characters. Things like "What? You think I should do x?" Implying that Kiran told him/her that he thinks he/she should do x. I'd imagine Bramimond's quotes would be similar. Things like "Hello! How are you today? Huh? Are you copying me? Why?" and "Oh, that's great! You sure got stronger!" Except... Actually, he responded as himself, if he had the other person's personality and feelings, not copying them directly, so... Tricky. Guess they'll have to dive even deeper into defining Kiran's thoughts on things (as they've already kind of backed themselves into a corner and wound up having to do, despite trying to leave him generic.)

Hm...yeah, I could see that working, I did forget they have you tell Anna and the others about our world right at the start too.
Frankly, difficult though it might be, I think they'd make enough money off the powercreeping alone to make it worth at least trying - looking at Maltet's Heroes effect, QR at 50% or higher, stick that on a Cav? Barigan would be solid with DC just looking at that, then you have Athos getting Forblaze, when Lilina+Death Blow+Forblaze Refine is a nightmare to deal with even using Blue RES Tanks, then Hanon and either/both Mulagir effects on another Bow Cav...honestly, Hartmut might end up being the least useful of the Eight, since Eckesachs is honestly not that great. Even then, they could easily make a buffed version for him, and allow him to have Eckesachs and the Binding Blade in his Base Kit, since it's specified he used both weapons during the Scouring. Roland wouldn't be amazing amazing, but Blazing Durandal's effect is still nothing to laugh at for a weapon, and they have no less than three separate choices for Durban to open with in Base Kit, assuming they don't just make new versions of Durandal and Armads for both of them. Apocalypse and Aureola are the only weapons they'd have to do from scratch by now, so they have a fair amount already done. I'm choosing to give IS the benefit of the doubt(in spite of the apparent lack of FE6 support in general planned for this upcoming year) where the Eight Legends are concerned and say that the main thing holding them back is the work involved for getting eight new Heroes churned out in one go.

50 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

On the Hero screen, he would appear like Kiran,

It's only Bramimond's personality that changes, not his appearance.

51 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

which leaves only Barigan and Hanon, both of whom got shafted and have no actual face to go on, though Hanon is referenced by Brave Lyn in Heroes so they could probably get away with making her look similar to Lyn, meaning the only one they'd have to stretch for is Barigan.

They appear as partially lit silhouettes in Hasha, which is enough to get the shape of their face and how they do their hair.

On 11/23/2018 at 1:46 PM, dethneer said:

Will vote for Reinhardt so I can possibly get a green Reinhardt to go with my blue and red Reinhardt for ultimate Trollhardt emblem >:)

see. now i wan this too. and then eventually get a Colourless Reinhardt for Reinhardt Emblem. 

51 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

see. now i wan this too. and then eventually get a Colourless Reinhardt for Reinhardt Emblem. 

YES healer Reinhardt running Pain+ and Double Savage Blow would be a perfect fourth...or bow Reinhardt bc he hangs out with Brave Lyn so much he learned her archery skills

Right now I have red and blue Rein on my Aether Raids defense team and they're both wearing explorer hats from the last Forging Bonds, I think the biggest problem with getting another one is that I don't have enough hats to go around :(:

26 minutes ago, dethneer said:

YES healer Reinhardt running Pain+ and Double Savage Blow would be a perfect fourth...or bow Reinhardt bc he hangs out with Brave Lyn so much he learned her archery skills

Right now I have red and blue Rein on my Aether Raids defense team and they're both wearing explorer hats from the last Forging Bonds, I think the biggest problem with getting another one is that I don't have enough hats to go around :(:

:(
I am bummed that i don't have the helmets and glasses. i hope they come back.