This Site is Dying on Me...!

WeAreNewcastle1053

I tried to post on a thread, then I had to verify myself, then a Cloudflare error screen appeared. I refreshed the page and tried again, then realised I heccing posted the same thing four or five times! And when I tried to explain myself, the post would take forever to send, but if I refreshed, the post was sent.

Then THIS happened:

image.thumb.png.3e31603034819d232aa06ced29dc7cf7.png

What is going on???

Have you tried erasing all your cookies/browser history?  Just hit Ctrl-H and click on "Clear browsing data".  That means you'll have to re-log into everything again, but this usually fixes weird internet glitches.

Sometimes SF might also undergo occasional maintenance or else might not be reachable, but I'd first recommend doing the thing I recommended before jumping to conclusions.  When this happens, it's only very temporary (like, I could jump back in after five minutes).

Lastly, it could be a problem with your own connection, at least if this consistently happens at other sites.  In that case, you'll have to mess around with your router or ethernet and possibly contact customer support for whatever you ISP is; many ISP's will intentionally throttle your connection speed after a little bit unless you nag them about it, which results in stuff like your connection to websites timing out.

On 16/11/2018 at 7:15 PM, Dandy Druid said:

Well, how were you able to post this??? That is the real question.

Because I could still post, I just had to refresh the page to see my post.

UPDATE: That carnage had ended, so now it's fine.

Probably just a site outage or my hotspot failing on me.

Edited by WeAreNewcastle1053

The error message is blaming SSL.  If you notice it happens again, it might be worthwhile to check settings related to those (but do some research before changing anything).