About Celica in Smash…?

Perkilator

Hey guys. If Celica, hypothetically, was in SSB Ultimate as a semi-clone of Robin, what would it be like if (again, hypothetically), Mae were her Echo Fighter? As in, what would Mae’s moveset be like, Final Smash and all, and how same and/or different would it be from Celica?

Edited by Perkilator

I doubt they'd add Mae as Celica's Echo because I doubt Celica would be too similar to Robin. Celica's fighting style depends on a level of swordsmanship moreso than Robin's does. And whilst the use of the Levin Sword on Robin makes sense, Celica would be more of a combination of Marth and Robin in Smash gameplay. Or at least that's how I see it.

If you look at how she functions in Fire Emblem Warriors you might understand what I mean. Her magic is only one way to use her but she does use a sword to a much more defined style.

I was about to suggest something like, her attacks having magical/fire effects when attacking, but Roy already does that.

Now, I could imagine a mix between Zelda and Marth, her specials are sword based, but her normal attacks are magic based.

When I saw that hypothetically it actually made me smile.

But I think that she would have a faster way of playing and used her magic more in close range then Robin who uses a majority of magic for far range attacks. It would also be cool if her attacks are stronger when she has less damage (think Lucario but reversed), a reference on how she uses her health when attacking.

They also have to incorperate her dungeon attacks like her strike where she surrounds herself with fire and charges forwards.

Overall she would be a combination of Marth, Lucario and Robin if she got in Smash.

34 minutes ago, LJwalhout said:

When I saw that hypothetically it actually made me smile.

But I think that she would have a faster way of playing and used her magic more in close range then Robin who uses a majority of magic for far range attacks. It would also be cool if her attacks are stronger when she has less damage (think Lucario but reversed), a reference on how she uses her health when attacking.

They also have to incorperate her dungeon attacks like her strike where she surrounds herself with fire and charges forwards.

Overall she would be a combination of Marth, Lucario and Robin if she got in Smash.

We’re talking about Mae, right? Just curious.

1 hour ago, Perkilator said:

We’re talking about Mae, right? Just curious.

Yeah I saw it wrong. I saw the title and assumed it was about Celica in smash. But you could apply most of these things to Mae (except that overworld thing). 

I think that if Mae was an echo fighter she would focus more on lightning attacks then Celica who would focus more on fire (ragnarok is fire, right?) in her combat techniques. Maybe have Mae's magical attacks do more damage and have Celica's sword attacks do more damage since she is more trained with the sword.

I'm pretty sure all Smash FE characters are unpromoted. Mae just wouldn't use a sword. She'd be like a mix of Zelda (or Lucas) and Robin I think

Edited by Arcphoenix