Smash Ultimate: World of Light(2nd gen) OOC

Dragoncat

No more people! But people already in may take more characters.

My Spyro RP didn't work and I apologize for that. I figure with more people familiar with Smash than Spyro here, that can be avoided easier, because more of us can bounce plot ideas around effectively.

Basic thing is this: Takes place during the World of Light adventure mode. In the crisis, Master Hand, lord of The Hub, realizes Kirby could use some help. So he sends out for the children of some of the fighters to come help rescue their parents. 

This may have to be done on Discord because Ana has left SF and probably won't post in the forums even for this, but I will ask her.

Claimed fighter relatives (click to see the filled signup form):

Shulk (me)

Ike and Female Robin (Anacybele)

Richter (PeaceRibbon)

Toon Link(TheGoodHoms)

Marth(ElectiveToast)

Cloud(Erren)

Pit(Hero Lucina)

Lucario, Simon, and Female Corrin(Azure Scale Tipper)

Claimed villains:

Metal Face/Mumkhar (me)

Dracula (TheGoodHoms)

Black Knight(Anacybele)

Julius(Hero Lucina)

Darkrai(Azure Scale Tipper)

Claimed fighters without relations:

Link(me)

Signup Form:

Name

Relation

Appearance

Personality

Weapons/Gear/Abilities

Other(optional)

To claim a villain just ask for them, no form needed. I've extended the relations to any relation basically, so if you want to be somebody's younger sibling or something instead, go ahead. Canon relations are allowed, for example, if Professor Oak was a fighter, you could be Gary Oak.

RP has been started! https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/85868-wol-rp-thread/

Edited by Dragoncat

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never tried my hand at a forum Roleplay before(which is weird because I enjoy tabletop rpgs) so maybe I could start here. If anyone has any tips tricks or just things I should know before joining, I would be happy to be enlightened.

58 minutes ago, TheGoodHoms said:

I've never tried my hand at a forum Roleplay before(which is weird because I enjoy tabletop rpgs) so maybe I could start here. If anyone has any tips tricks or just things I should know before joining, I would be happy to be enlightened.

Glad to have you aboard!

I probably won't be using stats because I'm not too familiar with them. Basically you're writing a story with the help of others and only writing for the character(s) you control. If you want a good site for stuff like this let me know. Otherwise it's pretty much like writing fiction.

Ana has expressed interest and is considering claiming Link as well as Ike. Her ban lifts on the 13th of December so we won't be able to start until then.

If more people say they're interested I'll flesh it out and open signups.

24 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I probably won't be using stats because I'm not too familiar with them. Basically you're writing a story with the help of others and only writing for the character(s) you control. If you want a good site for stuff like this let me know. Otherwise it's pretty much like writing fiction.

It does sound very similar to tabletop rpgs I've played(minus the lack of stats) so at least I'm not going in completely blind. Although I'm curious if there is a game master who helps determine the outcomes of interactions with the environment or combat or any other sort of action with a certain level or uncertainty or risk involved. 

43 minutes ago, TheGoodHoms said:

It does sound very similar to tabletop rpgs I've played(minus the lack of stats) so at least I'm not going in completely blind. Although I'm curious if there is a game master who helps determine the outcomes of interactions with the environment or combat or any other sort of action with a certain level or uncertainty or risk involved. 

That's pretty much up to the players, but you're encouraged not to dodge every attack or be OP in general. The GM/topic creator helps with that but not to the extent of tabletop RPGs.

Read through a few of these if you think you need to: http://www.springhole.net/writing/general-roleplaying.htm

Edited by Dragoncat

3 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Ana has expressed interest and is considering claiming Link as well as Ike. Her ban lifts on the 13th of December so we won't be able to start until then.

The heck, when did that happen? Is that what tipped her into leaving?

May as well give this a go. It will be my first forum roleplay as well, although with hope Darths and Droids will have given me enough of an idea to know how these things work.

The start time being in December will work for me, although I'll be busy both this and next week with getting college work done, so that may or may not affect setting stuff up. I can use Discord to play the game in addition to the forums.

I think it would be safer to run something like this once we know more definitively the game-play loop of World of Light and how involved plot and cut scenes are so we can come up with an accurate storytelling method. But regardless of whether we wait or not... it might be really cool to join something like this if TheGoodHoms is doing it. I probably need to exercise my creative writing skills anyways.

27 minutes ago, PeaceRibbon said:

I think it would be safer to run something like this once we know more definitively the game-play loop of World of Light and how involved plot and cut scenes are so we can come up with an accurate storytelling method. But regardless of whether we wait or not... it might be really cool to join something like this if TheGoodHoms is doing it. I probably need to exercise my creative writing skills anyways.

Perhaps, or we can just kinda base it on Subspace Emissary.

38 minutes ago, Purple Mage said:

Why don't you guys host it on my Discord? I'll make a special channel and role for it.

If everyone agrees we could do an OOC thing there.

Signup form added! My babus (or technically Shulk's) incoming.

Name: Rickson

Relations: Shulk(father), Fiora(mother)

Appearance: A 16 year old homs boy with short, dark blond, tufted hair, gray eyes, and pale skin. He's 5'6 and 139 pounds, slim build. Wearing a green jacket over a gray shirt with jeans and simple shoes.

Personality: Can be a scampy troublemaker at times, but not overly. Like his mother, he's cheerful and friendly. Like his father, he's studious and intelligent, and often researching topics that interest him. Has the mind of an engineer, good with math and science. Doesn't like having to fight, but he will to defend himself and his friends. 

Weapons: Short sword and an electric tazer/stun glove.

Abilities: Slightly more resistant to electricity than average. Prone to hitting enemies from behind, in a technique picked up from his father.

Other: Yes, he's named somewhat after Dickson. He and his sister are twins, with him being five minutes older.

Name: Violet

Relations: Shulk(father), Fiora(mother)

Appearance: A 16 year old homs girl with shoulder length light blond hair and grayish blue eyes. Pale skin. She's 4'10 and 90 pounds, small and scrawny. Wearing a lavender jacket over a blue tank top with blue leggings and simple shoes.

Personality: A bit shy, but still more extroverted than her father. Prefers to hang out in small groups, and she and her brother share a strong bond and are rarely apart. Can become a fierce go getter in battle or when she gets hyped up or feels threatened. Cheerful, optimistic nature. More of a follower than a leader.

Weapon: Two daggers.

Abilities: Strong intuition/gut instinct, almost like her father's visions but not quite. A bit of a speedster and often uses "strike and run" as a battle strategy.

Other: Was named after her eye color, which resembles the flower of the same name. Younger twin, five minutes younger.

Edited by Dragoncat

1 hour ago, TheGoodHoms said:

I'll start working on a OC in just a bit, but first I would like to ask to play Dracula from Castlevania as a villain character if it's not too much trouble.

Adding!

If Homs intends to take up a speaking antagonist role then I have to take a related character. Would you mind if I claimed Richter as my parent character? Also if I do, is it an issue if I attempt a more unique take on a Belmont, or is the Vampire Killer too indispensable? I have backstory reasons in mind as to justify the difference but if that sounds too weird I can adjust things.

2 minutes ago, PeaceRibbon said:

If Homs intends to take up a speaking antagonist role then I have to take a related character. Would you mind if I claimed Richter as my parent character? Also if I do, is it an issue if I attempt a more unique take on a Belmont, or is the Vampire Killer too indispensable? I have backstory reasons in mind as to justify the difference but if that sounds too weird I can adjust things.

I haven't played Castlevania, so I wouldn't know the difference. As long as you don't go OP, sure.

I just finished an original character related to Toon Link that I'm pretty happy with, a nephew named Gull. Check the spoiler tag to learn more.

Edit: Added details about his father.

Spoiler

Name: Gull

Relation: Toon Link(Uncle), Aryll(Mother), Duma(Father, Original Character)

Appearance: A 12/13ish year old boy with blonde hair and dark eyes much like his uncle, but is slightly taller with a darker tanned skin tone, traits he inherited from his father. Wears a green bandana on his head, a green shirt with the sleeves ripped short, baggy white shorts, and a pair of brown sandals.

Personality: Being a pirate Gull carries himself as a rebellious rogue who acts tough and talks tougher. Sharing the blood of a hero however, he has a strong sense of justice that drives him to do good, even if it conflicts with his outwardly expressed intentions.

Weapons/Gear/Abilities: Cutlass, Flintlock Pistol, Bomb Bag, Telescope.

Other(Backstory): Gull grew up fascinated by the stories of his uncle Link from his mother Aryll. He eventually decided to leave Outset Island and become a pirate in search of his legendary relative.

Extra(Duma): A foreigner from beyond the great sea whose ship sank in a storm, Duma clung to a piece of driftwood and eventually washed up on Outset Island. Duma was taken in by the people of the island and eventually fell in love with Aryll. They later married and had their first son Gull.

Edited by TheGoodHoms

7 minutes ago, TheGoodHoms said:

I just finished an original character related to Toon Link that I'm pretty happy with. Check the spoiler tag to check him out.

Daww he's adorable! You may want to flesh out his father. I would, but up to you.

Lets give this a go:

Name: Marcus McCloud

Relation: Fox McCloud (Father), Kyrstal (Mother)

Appearance: A blue furred red fox (Krystal's species, Cerinia, is legit only mentioned once in the entire series). Dons the typical Star Fox apparel (flight/combat jacket, green jumpsuit, red scarf, headset, etc.) although the vest is more armored than usual and the headset is designed with in ground combat in mind. Young and somewhat short, but light on their feet.

Personality: Quiet and focused in the middle of combat, although not above making a quip every now and again. Joined the battle to save his father and mother, although he's quick to help other fighters in need if they're on his path (far from it actually). Is currently focused on practicing and improving his staff skills and telepathy, which he feels he's neglected while focusing on becoming a pilot.

Abilities: Has telepathy from his mother. Starts out minimalistic in power, but grows stronger the more it's used and the more he practices it. Also has Fox Illusion and Fire Fox from the Smash Bros series. A solid pilot, although that may or may not affect much in the game.

Weapons: A staff based on Krystal's from Adventures. Has a blaster-like projectile, can freeze enemies if they're in close range, and has a ground pound move that stuns enemies. Adventures also has a rocket jump ability (although it's limited to certain areas), a disguise, and a useless shield, although we'll see whether or not those will be included.

Also has a back-up handgun, a reflector, and an Arwing (although how much action the last one will see will depend on how the game goes)

Other: Marcus is debatably canon. Key word is debatable, as he appears in a game with multiple endings and questionable writing.

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

Daww he's adorable! You may want to flesh out his father. I would, but up to you.

I'm glad you like him, he was really fun to make!

I edited a father into my post. Name taken from Fantasy Name Generators. Always cite your sources kids.

Edited by TheGoodHoms

Here's what I came up with. I look forward to playing with you all!

Spoiler

Name: Koen Belmont

Relations: Richter (Father), Annette (Mother)

Appearance: Koen Belmont is man in his early twenties, with light skin, the blue eyes of his father, and the platinum blond hair of his mother. His hair is grown long like most of his kin, but ponytailed in the back for his convenience. He stands 6 foot even and has a lean but athletic build. He wears a sleeveless white adventuring garb, dark gray trousers, and black boots.

Personality: Concerned for the well being of others and cool-headed when the forces of evil strike. Developed a rather pious side in studying for his line of work as well. Despite his training in physical combat, he does not have much confidence in his martial skill, preferring to rely on his consecrated gear and tactical deduction to see him through.

Gear: Longsword, Crosses, Holy Water, Holy Bible

Abilities: High Jumping, extensive knowledge of monsters, average swordplay.

Other: Koen is actually the second child of Richter and Annette. His brother trained more extensively with the Vampire Killer, and thus is the true heir to it. Wanting to help however he could though, Koen acted as a training partner for his brother, and studied the monsters of Dracula’s army with the help of the Church’s records of Belmonts past.

Bonus notes for nerds: While name meaning websites have disagreements as usual, the interpretation of his name that inspired me was one of German or Dutch descent that meant “wise counsel or honest adviser.” Richter’s name is also of German descent! Koen would have been born sometime in the early eighteen hundreds, so his height is much higher than average for that time, which I would have imagined a Belmont would be. The Holy Bible is an actual item from the Castlevania series and is meant to replace the Hand Axe in his arsenal. When used, it circles the vampire hunter protectively, smacking enemies who get too close for light holy damage. In Richter’s game, Rondo of Blood, it is localized as Magic Book. Koen’s softer personality and more supportive skill set is supposed to imply he takes after his mother.

2 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

I'm glad you like him, he was really fun to make!

I edited a father into my post. Name taken from Fantasy Name Generators. Always cite your sources kids.

I use that site too along with Springhole. Funny how it generated a FE name! Duma the one eyed dragon god from Gaiden/SoV.

1 hour ago, PeaceRibbon said:

Here's what I came up with. I look forward to playing with you all!

I assume Annette is canon? He may get along with Rickson well xD

All added. Next person, try to create a female! It's a sausage fest right now lol.

Edited by Dragoncat

41 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I assume Annette is canon? He may get along with Rickson well xD

Check the Belmont family tree on the Castlevania wiki. Annette serves as Richter's love interest in Rondo of Blood, and while their marriage is never confirmed it was never disconfirmed so it's really safe to assume they stayed together after literally he literally braved the castle of the anti-Christ for her sake. What a man.

47 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Duma the one eyed dragon god from Gaiden/SoV.

I forgot about that when I chose the name! I think it's fine though, it's just a background element of Gull's character that I don't expect to impact the game too much, but if it does become distracting I'll change it.

47 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Next person, try to create a female! It's a sausage fest right now lol.

I'd be cool with playing a third character to add more females to the mix, but I'll wait a while before creating anything so that I don't steal someone's chance to use a parent character they may want.