Smash Ultimate: World of Light(2nd gen) OOC

Dragoncat

2 hours ago, Sarki Soliloquy said:

Otherwise, what is the relationship between the Smash Bros. & Master Hand? If Master Hand is mostly benevolent, does he view them as 'toys' or something more? Why do the Smash Bros. end up fighting him in Final Destination? Crazy Hand & Master Core?

I guess the Final Destination fights are like, friendly "show me your strength" things, or maybe to be accepted as a Smash fighter, they have to defeat him as a final test. I once thought Crazy Hand would be the villain of this adventure mode as Master Hand's evil twin and pictured an amusing scene where Metal Face sasses Crazy Hand so he grabs him and squeezes the shit out of him to make him mind his Ps and Qs. But now we have Galeem.

Master Hand views them as amusing "toys" but understands and respects that they're sentient beings with hopes and dreams of their own that don't involve his own amusement. An example would be Fiora being added to Shulk's final smash. She actually sent in her application to be an assist trophy or something below full blown fighter during Smash 4, but requested that if she was accepted, that she wouldn't start until her and Shulk's twins were no longer babies. Master Hand understood that, that those tiny scraps of flesh with the fuzzy blond heads were still living off their mother's milk and would need parental supervision for awhile yet.

It's very fanficy but it works.

Edited by Dragoncat

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for being so late with this, but I had to focus on college work over the past few days.

Anyway, I'm claiming Sheik:

Name: Taklo

Relation: Bodyguard/Retainer-In-Training

Appearance: Mute, and uses sign and body language to "speak". Wears similar attire to Shiek, although with color changes to make it more fitting for stealth purposes (it doesn't have the Sheikan symbol, for example), perhaps with the ability to change it deepening on the environment similar to Metal Gear Solid 3's camouflage system. Wears a scarf mask with primitive goggles, both to help hide her face and to prevent inhaling something dangerous (even if it won't do as much as a proper gas-mask, but it's far better than nothing). Has windswept black hair that might be spiky.

Personality: Quiet and disciplined, although very expressive in her movements. Although Taklo never looses sight of the missions, she does enjoying being taking the over-the-top when she can get away with it. Will probably undergo development to become less flashy and more practical.

Weapons/Gear/Abilities: Smoke pellets and bombs, as well as a smaller explosive similar to Sheik's Side-B. Has great speed and agility, and is very acrobatic. Is solid at stealth, and wields a wakizashi (a blade shorter than a katana meant for indoor fighting), and has a hook/claw-shot.

Other(optional): No, I'm not making her mute to take advantage of Marcus's telepathy. I thought it would make for a cool challenge of writing a character that can't speak normally, and later realized it could be interpreted that way. I also would have said that the mask looks similar to Kabals from the Mortal Kombat series, but, well...

Spoiler

https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/kabalmk9.jpg

A little more spiky and intimidating than what I remembered. Hopefully, one can get the idea of were the "scarf with goggles" idea came from. Hopefully.

Also, I'm claiming Wind Waker-style Darknuts as the enemy I want to control. If they'll be a common enemy, than I wouldn't mind controlling an elite force of them.

Okay peeps I have made a map! 

Worldof-Light.png'

Location descriptions to come later. Traced over the official WoL map taken from IGN. Feel free to question and comment and help brainstorm.

1 hour ago, TheGoodHoms said:

Spoilers ahead, but I have a quick question...

Spoiler

Depends on if it's needed

I will say there will be generic enemies like in Subspace, and Volcano Spire is where Galeem's henchmen (currently Metal Face and Dracula) hang out.

1 hour ago, Hawkwing said:

Two questions:

1. Where will the starting location of the game be?
  2. What is there to do in the hubs, bases, etc?

1: Probably Hub Central. All the offices/main stuff is there.

2: I'll think of it as we go, everyone else is welcome to as well.

Okay, time for me to add in my parts. I decided instead of going for my BotW Link and Zelda kid, I'll take Robin and bring in Morgan and Antoinette, my Frederick x Robin kids. Though this Robin is a different one from their mother, we can still say both Robins married Frederick. And one Robin has a different name and hair color. :P Also, Annie is a healer and I don't think the group had one until now. And besides that, I don't have enough ideas on my BotW Link and Zelda kid yet. I really only have a name for him and hardly anything else beyond that.

Anyway, the Ike/Elincia kids first!

Name: Kael

Relation: Ike's son

Appearance: You can see the sprite in my sig. He's of Ike's Ranger class in PoR and looks a lot like him, just with Elincia's eye color instead of his. He's 18 here and is almost as tall as his father.

Personality: Kael's insecure because his father is practically the most famous person in his world. And he's felt pressured by people to live up to the same standards when he feels it's impossible, so he won't talk about his father much. Yet he does want to be just as strong as him. Loves meat just like Ike and also isn't good at chores like him. But he doesn't have his bluntness and he's fine with cracking a joke once in awhile. May be kind of reckless as well as a bit prone to peer pressure. But he always tries to do what he thinks is right and treat people fairly and respectfully. He's more tolerable of nobles and royals than Ike was, especially since he became friends with a few early on and probably is more open-minded than Ike ever was as well. But he does absolutely hate the idea of dressing in fancy clothes or anything like that. :P

Weapons/Gear/Abilities: Kael brought one of his father's two prized weapons, a large two-handed sword named Ettardios. He wants to be able to wield it with one hand some day like Ike can, but for now, he still needs both hands. Ettardios is a reforged version of Ettard, the blade Ike starts with in RD (at some point, Ettard broke and Ike found someone to fix it up). Since Ike trained him, Kael fights much like him.

Other(optional): Kael's the first born of Ike's two children. He was made leader of a group of warriors that are his friends, so he and Lalita may mention them every now and then.

Name: Lalita

Relation: Ike's daughter

Appearance: Again, see my sig. She's of the Myrmidon class and is closer to Elincia appearance-wise, just with Ike's eye color. She's often thought to be too cute and/or delicate to be a real fighter, but she uses that to her advantage and often surprises her enemies with her skills. Likes putting her hair up in bows and curling it a bit and wearing nice clothes. She is 15, and average size for her age and gender. Maybe a tad shorter than Elincia.

Personality: Lalita's near the opposite of Kael. She's closer to Ike's bluntness than he is, and loves fashion and looking neat and tidy. Yet she is willing to get dirty in battle if she has to. She just makes sure she cleans up and changes clothes after. She never travels without a change of clothes if she can help it. She also can't stand when Kael looks a mess and doesn't bother to do anything about it, though she still loves her brother and has even kept him in line once or twice where he otherwise might've gotten himself in deep trouble. She's a no-nonsense, but dedicated girl who cares about everyone, especially Kael, even if she sometimes might not act like it.

Weapons/Gear/Abilities: Lalita has a silver sword. She's been trained by both her parents to some extent, but is looking for a sort of mix of both their styles since she could never be as physically strong as Kael or Ike.

Other(optional): She's the younger of the two by three years.

Now for Morgan and Antoinette.

Name: Antoinette

Relation: Female Robin's daughter

Appearance: https://i.imgur.com/uYurK2J.png

Personality: Annie is a lover of horses and riding, as well as boys. She's always trying to look good in front of boys she thinks are sweet and cute or look to be that way. So somewhat like a female Inigo. She hates how overprotective her father, Frederick, is sometimes, but still loves him dearly and wants serve the Ylisse royal family as well as he does. She doesn't like fighting though, so she's a healer and uses a staff. Though she has been fine with learning how to use tomes, she doesn't have any with her at the moment and is just of the Troubadour class. She rides a palomino mare named Elincia. She's 14, but a bit tall for her age because her father is tall, so she actually is the same height as her brother.

Weapons/Gear/Abilities: All Annie brought with her is a Mend staff for healing injuries.

Other(optional): She has teal hair because my Robin does, just to point out. She's also the second born of the two here.

Name: Morgan

Relation: Female Robin's son

Appearance: dcn3rep-16683378-733f-4350-acfb-67dc8a18 This, more or less, but instead of Frederick's literal armor, Morgan will have Awakening Cavalier armor in more of a blueish green color. And of course, be the Cavalier class instead of Great Knight. He does still have a black stallion for a mount, named Ike (yes, I just had to name these two kids' mounts after them lol). He thought a black stallion looked the coolest. He's 16, though he looks a little younger because he was a premature birth and is a little small for his age as a result. This probably makes people mistake him and Annie for twins at first a lot.

Personality: Basically the same as in Awakening, but this time with more of an interest in physical combat with all of his father's weapons as well as his mother's tactics, but less of an interest in magic. Just as in Awakening, he likes studying and he doesn't even mind Frederick's rigorous and crazy training routines despite his smaller body. Bit of a nerd, but also is sometimes annoyed with Annie's repeated fawning over boys. Thinks she should be putting a bit more focus into her own studies, but cares about his sister nonetheless and always looked out for her. And truth be told, Morgan wanted Frederick's training methods to begin with, because he was getting tired of people thinking he'd be too small and weak to wear any sort of heavy armor or one day lead the army in his father's stead. He's wanted to prove them wrong since.

Weapons/Gear/Abilities: Morgan has a killer lance and brave sword with him, as he'd been practicing a lot with these weapons to prove that he can wield them well. He's been learning the axe as well, but hasn't yet gotten as good with them, so he doesn't have one here.

Other(optional): He's the firstborn here.

Oh, and I'll claim Black Knight for a vllain.

Edited by Anacybele

Name: Cy

Relation: Magnus' son

Appearance: I haven't used him in so long, I have to update him from a recolor

Personality: Bold and Brash, not going in the trash.

Weapons: God Tier Fairy Orbitars from his mom (not Gaol, she's got her own daughter)

Notes: Best Friends with Pit's son Air (another of my ocs)

Spoiler

Name: Ariel

Relation: ????? Seems to have some sort of relation to the forces of evil...

Appearance: brown hair and eyes, blue glasses, red streak in hair, wears something like FE armor but doesn't. 

Weapons: Holy Blade (Reinhardt's dire thunder but sword form and with -1 cool down) It glows similarly to Galeem...

Personality: She's a generally fun loving and cheerful girl who enjoys her food and making bad puns a lot. Seems to know more than the average 2nd gen...

Notes: Kinda self insert, the balance between Darkhon and Galeem.

And I can claim any FE character + Samus

I may not start in awhile, I haven't even thought of a opening post yet, but I am adding Ana to the list.

@Hero_Lucina You'll need more meat than that, and...try to keep the relations to fighters. So Pit's son will work, but not Magnus.

1 minute ago, Dragoncat said:

I may not start in awhile, I haven't even thought of a opening post yet, but I am adding Ana to the list.

@Hero_Lucina You'll need more meat than that, and...try to keep the relations to fighters. So Pit's son will work, but not Magnus.

I'll try. I figured since he's an assist trophy and all. 

Does my spoiler character work?

21 minutes ago, Hero_Lucina said:

Does my spoiler character work?

Unfortunately no...I don't feel comfortable with giving a big role like that to someone who made one sentence descriptions, and not sure on the villain roles yet.

@PeaceRibbon Hey, PeaceRibbon, is it okay if I make Ike and Richter good friends? I just really like the idea of those two being "bros" since they're both cool good looking muscular headband dudes. :P Maybe Ike sometimes calls him Ric/Rick as a friendly nickname too.

Okay, new thing. Spirits can be rescued and written by anybody, and control of spirits can be transferred if needed.

I have also decided Mumkhar/Metal Face is buddies with Ridley, so if someone can claim him, that'd be great.

Edited by Dragoncat

3 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Unfortunately no...I don't feel comfortable with giving a big role like that to someone who made one sentence descriptions, and not sure on the villain roles yet.

I've updated her and wrote a little on her past.

Spoiler

Balance. That's all Ariel was to the two forces. The Light to blind Darkhon and the Dark to numb Galeem. She was only discovered after the events of subspace, barely keeping the worlds from unraveling during the final conflict. She soon joined the admins of smash alongside the hands just to make sure nothing got too out of hand. They were sort of right, as the fourth tournament went smoothly with Master Core being her idea giving them a bit of a temporary power boost, but she was friendly with everyone, often hanging out with the fighters and collecting the dlc fighters and bringing them to the tournament. She soon later fulfilled this role for ultimate, later meeting the friends of her semi friends (she had no idea if they liked her but she liked them and understood if they wouldn't.) when she called for them.

Then... the day came.

"Don't let a single one get away!" The commander of Star Fox called out, an army of Master Hand copies approaching them. They may have looked like the original, but they didn't have his charm according to her.

"It looks like we need to each take out about 10." Marth replied to Fox.

"That means there's about 800 or so. I know some of these bigger guys like Ike and Bowser could probably take on 10 and not break a sweat." Ariel told herself.

"I know we can do this!" Pit cheered. 

"It's now or never!" Zelda rallied. It wasn't the Zelda she was used to, but to Ariel, a Zelda is a Zelda, therefore a friend.

"I know you can win! Just do what I would do, BELIEVE IN YOU!" Ariel cheered for her allies, trying to dismiss some glares. If her rallying cry could push a few more victories out, then she would make herself into the fool. Then she realized the centerpiece to this invasion.

"Big Brother...." She thought before then taking one quick glance at Shulk. He had another vision, and by the look in his eyes, it wasn't a good one. Taking another glance at Galeem, the beams were charging.
"The beams. I never told them how to avoid the beams. Everyone's going to die." She panicked mentally, still keeping her air of calmness. She couldn't risk a messier way of defeat if she panicked. Or if she told them the truth. Then, the light obliterated the dark. Before she could even yell for everyone to leave, the beams kept coming.

Link was able to dodge a few before getting obliterated, Samus desperately trying to shoot at them, but you can't shoot light. Zelda and Mewtwo couldn't reflect it in time, nor could Palutena buy the angels enough time to fly off. The feeling Bayonetta had was mutually shared with Ariel: avenge their fallen friends but no matter how hard she tried, her feet were frozen in fear and she couldn't even budge an inch of her limbs. The balance had been disrupted entirely and the brunette had no choice but to watch her friends die one by one. Sonic desperately trying to save Pikachu, Falco and Captain Falcon trying to out speed the beams. The worst had to be some of her closer friends from DLC and Brawl... ROB having to meet the fate of the rest of his kind... Ice Climbers losing their chance to break the ice once again... The Inklings desperately trying to hide in their ink...

"Ariel why aren't you moving!? Everyone's dying!" The Male Robin, or Reflet as Ariel jokingly called him.

"I- I can't! I'm stuck like a pile of glue!" She called back as Chrom was starting to drag her back.

"Let's get out of here!" Chrom yelled over the carnage as he took her hand trying to push her towards Robin in a desperate attempt to have Naga protect them in someway. Ariel was actually able to move a bit as Chrom dragged her with Robin close behind, being able to keep up with both...  But before she could react, the light had found them.

"Robin! Chrom!" She called out as she watch her friends be obliterated by the light before realizing, she was completely alone... Except for the puffball out of the corner in her eye.

"You can do it Kirby! I'll even help you reach that limit!" Ariel thought as she noticed Kirby desperately pushing his warp star to it's maximum capacity before muttering a spell under her breath, allowing him to reach warp speed, blinking out of this dimension and leaving her... alone.

"I see you've returned Little Sister..." A voice grumbled behind her.

"You don't scare me Galeem! I'll send your winged butt back to the Pong days of gaming!" She attempted to fight back with.

"You and what army? All of your so called friends are dead, Master Hand is under my control and look at my army. Perfect copies of the Master. You couldn't even take me on at half power. You couldn't even warn them and watched all of them DIE like the helpless little sister you are."

"But there is hope."

"Who?"

"Kirby. He'll save everyone, I know he will because I'll help him. I'll stop you and save everyone. That'll make them my friends for sure." She then ran off before being stopped.

"And if he doesn't.. I will create the world in my own desires, and everyone will be at peace once again. I'll make a world that Darkhon could never make. All your 'friends' will be reverted to the dolls I intended to have them as. That way they can't hurt each other in meaningless violence..."

"That's not how the world will be! I'll prove it to you! The light needs the dark!" She then stomped off like a little kid during a temper tantrum, and started her search for the star baby himself to help everyone. 

@Dragoncat Is this good enough for her or Galeem?

8 minutes ago, Hero_Lucina said:

I've updated her and wrote a little on her past.

Reveal hidden contents

Balance. That's all Ariel was to the two forces. The Light to blind Darkhon and the Dark to numb Galeem. She was only discovered after the events of subspace, barely keeping the worlds from unraveling during the final conflict. She soon joined the admins of smash alongside the hands just to make sure nothing got too out of hand. They were sort of right, as the fourth tournament went smoothly with Master Core being her idea giving them a bit of a temporary power boost, but she was friendly with everyone, often hanging out with the fighters and collecting the dlc fighters and bringing them to the tournament. She soon later fulfilled this role for ultimate, later meeting the friends of her semi friends (she had no idea if they liked her but she liked them and understood if they wouldn't.) when she called for them.

Then... the day came.

"Don't let a single one get away!" The commander of Star Fox called out, an army of Master Hand copies approaching them. They may have looked like the original, but they didn't have his charm according to her.

"It looks like we need to each take out about 10." Marth replied to Fox.

"That means there's about 800 or so. I know some of these bigger guys like Ike and Bowser could probably take on 10 and not break a sweat." Ariel told herself.

"I know we can do this!" Pit cheered. 

"It's now or never!" Zelda rallied. It wasn't the Zelda she was used to, but to Ariel, a Zelda is a Zelda, therefore a friend.

"I know you can win! Just do what I would do, BELIEVE IN YOU!" Ariel cheered for her allies, trying to dismiss some glares. If her rallying cry could push a few more victories out, then she would make herself into the fool. Then she realized the centerpiece to this invasion.

"Big Brother...." She thought before then taking one quick glance at Shulk. He had another vision, and by the look in his eyes, it wasn't a good one. Taking another glance at Galeem, the beams were charging.
"The beams. I never told them how to avoid the beams. Everyone's going to die." She panicked mentally, still keeping her air of calmness. She couldn't risk a messier way of defeat if she panicked. Or if she told them the truth. Then, the light obliterated the dark. Before she could even yell for everyone to leave, the beams kept coming.

Link was able to dodge a few before getting obliterated, Samus desperately trying to shoot at them, but you can't shoot light. Zelda and Mewtwo couldn't reflect it in time, nor could Palutena buy the angels enough time to fly off. The feeling Bayonetta had was mutually shared with Ariel: avenge their fallen friends but no matter how hard she tried, her feet were frozen in fear and she couldn't even budge an inch of her limbs. The balance had been disrupted entirely and the brunette had no choice but to watch her friends die one by one. Sonic desperately trying to save Pikachu, Falco and Captain Falcon trying to out speed the beams. The worst had to be some of her closer friends from DLC and Brawl... ROB having to meet the fate of the rest of his kind... Ice Climbers losing their chance to break the ice once again... The Inklings desperately trying to hide in their ink...

"Ariel why aren't you moving!? Everyone's dying!" The Male Robin, or Reflet as Ariel jokingly called him.

"I- I can't! I'm stuck like a pile of glue!" She called back as Chrom was starting to drag her back.

"Let's get out of here!" Chrom yelled over the carnage as he took her hand trying to push her towards Robin in a desperate attempt to have Naga protect them in someway. Ariel was actually able to move a bit as Chrom dragged her with Robin close behind, being able to keep up with both...  But before she could react, the light had found them.

"Robin! Chrom!" She called out as she watch her friends be obliterated by the light before realizing, she was completely alone... Except for the puffball out of the corner in her eye.

"You can do it Kirby! I'll even help you reach that limit!" Ariel thought as she noticed Kirby desperately pushing his warp star to it's maximum capacity before muttering a spell under her breath, allowing him to reach warp speed, blinking out of this dimension and leaving her... alone.

"I see you've returned Little Sister..." A voice grumbled behind her.

"You don't scare me Galeem! I'll send your winged butt back to the Pong days of gaming!" She attempted to fight back with.

"You and what army? All of your so called friends are dead, Master Hand is under my control and look at my army. Perfect copies of the Master. You couldn't even take me on at half power. You couldn't even warn them and watched all of them DIE like the helpless little sister you are."

"But there is hope."

"Who?"

"Kirby. He'll save everyone, I know he will because I'll help him. I'll stop you and save everyone. That'll make them my friends for sure." She then ran off before being stopped.

"And if he doesn't.. I will create the world in my own desires, and everyone will be at peace once again. I'll make a world that Darkhon could never make. All your 'friends' will be reverted to the dolls I intended to have them as. That way they can't hurt each other in meaningless violence..."

"That's not how the world will be! I'll prove it to you! The light needs the dark!" She then stomped off like a little kid during a temper tantrum, and started her search for the star baby himself to help everyone. 

@Dragoncat Is this good enough for her or Galeem?

I'm not willing to have a Galeem relation at all, actually.

You may be a Pit kid.

1 minute ago, Hero_Lucina said:

Alright. I might hold back on Air for a bit but I am willing to Rp as Galeem.

I'm trying to figure out what Ariel's bio could be used for

Thanks for understanding. Not sure if Galeem will be needed very much.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

@PeaceRibbon Hey, PeaceRibbon, is it okay if I make Ike and Richter good friends? I just really like the idea of those two being "bros" since they're both cool good looking muscular headband dudes. :P Maybe Ike sometimes calls him Ric/Rick as a friendly nickname too.

Sure thing! I like the idea of these parent characters having relationships established before the events of the game, and Ike and Richter certainly have that much in common. :^_^:

1 hour ago, Hero_Lucina said:

Alright. 

I could rp as Male Robin if ya want (and maybe Ridley.)

We already have female Robin, so...not sure if both Robins can exist at the same time.

Have you played Metroid though? I kinda want someone who's seen Ridley in his source to do it.

6 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I kinda want someone who's seen Ridley in his source to do it.

With all due respect, it's fairly easy to buy and play into the character of Ridley. He's a strong, capable leader of a group of pirates, who has helped destroy planets and his hatred and tenacity to live led him to eventually replace his body with that of a robot. He's portrayed as relatively smart in the manga if I'm not wrong. He is well known for inciting trauma among his victims, and his main weakness is his overconfidence. I wouldn't say playing the games is really a necessity as he isn't particularly characterized during them

Edited by DarthR0xas

22 minutes ago, PeaceRibbon said:

Sure thing! I like the idea of these parent characters having relationships established before the events of the game, and Ike and Richter certainly have that much in common. :^_^:

Okay cool, thanks! :) And exactly!

14 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

We already have female Robin, so...not sure if both Robins can exist at the same time.

Have you played Metroid though? I kinda want someone who's seen Ridley in his source to do it.

Well, seeing as Palutena points out both versions of Ike in the new Ike Guidance, I think it'd be fine to say both Robins coexist as well. Only in Ike's case, I just say he can just age himself up or down 3 years at will due to Master Hand. :P The two Robins can exist as separate entities due to differing genders.

Edited by Anacybele

We have our first interaction! This will be great! Gull and Koen team up woo! Just try not to drag the interaction on for two pages, like I have seen people do...

1 hour ago, DarthR0xas said:

With all due respect, it's fairly easy to buy and play into the character of Ridley. He's a strong, capable leader of a group of pirates, who has helped destroy planets and his hatred and tenacity to live led him to eventually replace his body with that of a robot. He's portrayed as relatively smart in the manga if I'm not wrong. He is well known for inciting trauma among his victims, and his main weakness is his overconfidence. I wouldn't say playing the games is really a necessity as he isn't particularly characterized during them

Wow, I knew Metal Face would chum around with him. I just knew it. Becoming a robot? Check. Hatred? Check. Overconfidence? Check!

@Hero_Lucina, think you can handle that?

Edited by Dragoncat