Do you have a "Berserk Button"?

Hecatia

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And Pokémon tries to pass of a freaking bird of prey as a freaking pigeon. How do these two species even look REMOTELY alike? And don't even get me started on the "hyena" that is actually a wolf. Also, a Wyvern is apparently a Pterodactylus now. To say nothing of the botched type distribution: Charizard*, a European Dragon, Aerodactyl, a Wyvern, Gyarados, a Chinese Dragon. Guess what their type is? NOT DRAGON! Ugh, GameFreak! Learn your animals, damn it!

while I can't speak for Charizard, Gyarados is likely not dragon for balancing reasons. I mean back in gen 1 the dragon type's only weakness was dragon which only had dragon rage and Ice meaning a water dragon type pokemon would have virtually no weaknesses. Didn't stop the psychic type from being broken as all f*ck but still.

Aerodactyl is a pterasaur not a wyvern so it not being dragon type actually makes sense.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh yeah, I also get irrationally triggered by that stuff, especially in video games.

Like Breath of the Wild with its "Sand Seals", which are indeed walruses, not seals (the two may be related, but they're NOT the same animal).

And Pokémon tries to pass of a freaking bird of prey as a freaking pigeon. How do these two species even look REMOTELY alike? And don't even get me started on the "hyena" that is actually a wolf. Also, a Wyvern is apparently a Pterodactylus now. To say nothing of the botched type distribution: Charizard*, a European Dragon, Aerodactyl, a Wyvern, Gyarados, a Chinese Dragon. Guess what their type is? NOT DRAGON! Ugh, GameFreak! Learn your animals, damn it!

*before anyone says anything: Mega Evolution does NOT count, since it didn't exist prior to Gen VI.

For Pokémon, I think they did it just for the sake of variety. Aerodactyl and Charizard could be a dragon-type, but dragon types in Gen I were supposed to be mystical and rare, super hard to catch. Charizard wasn't that sort of mystical and neither good ol' Aerodactyl, rare but not mystical. I wish I could say the same about Gyarados, but I agree with you in this one BECAUSE IT IS A CHINESE DRAGON, an enraged chinese dragon fella.

On 11/20/2018 at 10:09 AM, Emperor Chiam Longblade said:

When I get hit by a *ahem* 1% CRITICAL

Im sorry lol

I'm surprised that this one came up this late, but I love it xD

I'm sorry, dude... You have to consider that 1% of getting a Critical Hit is a possibility :3c

At first, I get surprised and see how my character dies from that, then I get angry.

Ugh, people in Sydney's buses/trains that don't move away/further in from the doors. Even though Tokyo's more crowded, it's not too bad because people actually get the message and let you in/out without much of a fuss. The same cannot be said in Sydney - it's gone to the point where I now almost always yell "Excuse me!" in the most passive-aggressive tone possible, and force myself through just to move further in - either to the back of the bus, or up/down the stars to the middle of the train carriages. And whatever dirty looks I get from others can be damned. (Well, more so on trains - jerkish starts and stops on buses makes moving around difficult. Still applies, however, if your bus is in the middle of picking up and setting down passengers.) Even worse, a number of times there were empty seats in the middle of a carriage. (The commuter trains in Sydney are all double-deckers with the doors on the ends of carriages.) I just don't understand why the majority of able-bodied commuters are so lazy about it when it's only a couple of steps up/down the stairs at most.

Related to the above, people who don't get off the bus to let people out. The train riders are generally better in this regard, but on buses, there are times when I was the only person who got temporarily got out of the bus (through the back exit) to let someone else out, and the others just stood in the middle of the doorway. Again, this only takes a couple of steps, 10-15 seconds of interruption, and your hand on the door (opening) to warn the driver, Sydneysiders!

Edited by henrymidfields

I hate it when people click their tongues, beatbox and...well..I hate it when people "speak ghetto". You know what I mean? The "black people dialect"?  Im sorry if this confused or offended you in anyway lol. I don't know how describe it..

@1% Critical Hit Thanks for the compliment on my "joke" btw! I really thought you'd hate me for that!

Edited by Emperor Chiam Longblade

14 hours ago, henrymidfields said:

Ugh, people in Sydney's buses/trains that don't move away/further in from the doors. Even though Tokyo's more crowded, it's not too bad because people actually get the message and let you in/out without much of a fuss. The same cannot be said in Sydney - it's gone to the point where I now almost always yell "Excuse me!" in the most passive-aggressive tone possible, and force myself through just to move further in - either to the back of the bus, or up/down the stars to the middle of the train carriages. And whatever dirty looks I get from others can be damned. (Well, more so on trains - jerkish starts and stops on buses makes moving around difficult. Still applies, however, if your bus is in the middle of picking up and setting down passengers.) Even worse, a number of times there were empty seats in the middle of a carriage. (The commuter trains in Sydney are all double-deckers with the doors on the ends of carriages.) I just don't understand why the majority of able-bodied commuters are so lazy about it when it's only a couple of steps up/down the stairs at most.

Related to the above, people who don't get off the bus to let people out. The train riders are generally better in this regard, but on buses, there are times when I was the only person who got temporarily got out of the bus (through the back exit) to let someone else out, and the others just stood in the middle of the doorway. Again, this only takes a couple of steps, 10-15 seconds of interruption, and your hand on the door (opening) to warn the driver, Sydneysiders!

Oof, this one also happens quite a lot here in Chile, both in buses and subways. People get pissed off because you say "excuse me", like... What?

11 hours ago, Emperor Chiam Longblade said:

I hate it when people click their tongues, beatbox and...well..I hate it when people "speak ghetto". You know what I mean? The "black people dialect"?  Im sorry if this confused or offended you in anyway lol. I don't know how describe it..

@1% Critical Hit Thanks for the compliment on my "joke" btw! I really thought you'd hate me for that!

I get what you mean, don't worry :3c
I imagine that the Ugandan Knuckles maymay was annoying for you (most than the average annoying) D:

No biggie! I expected that joke and you didn't disappoint!

23 hours ago, Emperor Chiam Longblade said:

I just wanna voice that I had considered it, and simply chose not to.

23 hours ago, Emperor Chiam Longblade said:

Never occurred to me until you brought it up but now that you have, I will state that this is something I find downright annoying.

17 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

I don't have one.

Not a single one, huh?
Less anger means more happiness, once upon a time somebody said c:

Edited by 1% Critical Hit