New Heroes: Fire and Ice!

Vaximillian

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to be completely honest. I dreamed of a banner called Fire and Ice late last month, since I figured they were going to keep pushing out the Book 2 units. To see such a banner really called that made me laugh.

Though, my dream also had Hrid on the banner. Wonder why he's not there.

Mechanically they're pretty interesting. Sorcery Blade is kind of neat, and Spd Tactic in the normal pool finally. Surtr keeps his axe effect and with his C slot deters trying to bait him.

However I don't really care about either of them nor am I really big on their designs, so I'll keep saving for the Lucina rerun and Christmas. Both would be cool as pity breakers later, though.

What.the.heck. Two character banner? What is this? Lol. 

Also where the heck is Hrid? I'm assuming that means we either get him for free or he's a legendary later, but like ... couldn't Surtr have been a GHB and the little dagger one I can't even remember the name of be a TT unit or something? This just feels ... useless.

Ah well. I can keep saving my orbs for Legendary!Lucina because I still need her (even if I'm drowning in Blue's)

Odd that Hrid isn’t in the banner. Will he be the next legendary hero? It is a Water hero so it fits him, but Hero is Colorless and Hrid clearly wields a sword. Granted that sword could be for show like Linus’ and Raven’s swords are for show.

1 minute ago, Water Mage said:

Odd that Hrid isn’t in the banner. Will he be the next legendary hero? It is a Water hero so it fits him, but Hero is Colorless and Hrid clearly wields a sword. Granted that sword could be for show like Linus’ and Raven’s swords are for show.

??? Grima is returning this month. They'll start adding having more than 4 LHs

I'm so confused. I'd get it if it was Surtr/Ylgr/Hrid, but a two-character banner is quite a letdown.

If Hrid is the upcoming legendary hero and just takes the place of some alt legendary no one would care about, it's not much worse, but a two-character banner does not seem like a good precedent to set.

Looking around here and other sites, I feel I'm one of very few people okay with this banner.

I mean, sure the 2-person part is kind of odd, though I'm guessing the reason why is that Hrid is being used for something else.

I saw so many people hoping for not FatesAwakening and no alts.....and we got that and people are still angry.

I wonder how they'll do the Forging Bonds event with this. Maybe a second banner that's not listed with Hrid and somebody else? Or GHB Hrid and a 3 man Forging bonds for once? I mean a 2-man banner is new, so who the hell knows with IS today.

I can understand trying to get the Book 2 characters out since they're likely not going to be revisited for at least quite some time, but ignoring one and making this a two character banner? I don't get it, particularly since Hrid did more in the story then Ylgr.

Oh well, I get to keep saving my orbs then, I'm going to have so much by the time Book 3 rolls around.  

Edited by Medeus

Just now, Sentinel07 said:

Looking around here and other sites, I feel I'm one of very few people okay with this banner.

I mean, sure the 2-person part is kind of odd, though I'm guessing the reason why is that Hrid is being used for something else.

I saw so many people hoping for not FatesAwakening and no alts.....and we got that and people are still angry.

People didn't want FatesAwakening because we wanted other games to get the spotlight. Heroes isn't the game that people wanted to supplement that void.

Feels sorta like IS is maybe trying to lower expectations before Book 3 comes in? This and the Adrift banner haven't had the most glorious fanfare with them being paralogues (the last paralogue that introduced at least three characters not already in Heroes (including outside the banner) that wasn't a Brave banner being Genealogy from last year), which has me wondering if they're saving the juicy stuff for when Book 3 starts.

In any case, underwhelming to me, but eh, I don't really feel like it's worth me getting a molecule of rage over. Just means I can refill my orbs more after being stuck on low orbs for a while.

Edited by NoirCore