New Heroes: Fire and Ice!

Vaximillian

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay :|

To say a couple positives before the bitching, Ylgr is adorable—I like how sassy she is—and at least they have some interesting skills.

Anyway, just fuck all the rest of this. Why did they feel the need to give a unit who's already probably going to be minmaxed out the ass Steady Stance 8? Steady Stance 3 is already a great skill. Where the hell is Guard 4?

4 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I saw so many people hoping for not FatesAwakening and no alts.....and we got that and people are still angry.

A 2-person banner is worse than alts. I don't like alts, but even something is better than nothing.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

A two-character banner sounds pretty damned great. That means it'll have really high Focus rates for sniping, which is a definite plus for me.

Surtr looks like a hell of a lot of fun to use.

How would the Focus rates be highter like that?

I really hope this is a one-off and two-unit banners won't become the new norm. Three is low enough.

Like others, I totally expected Hrid to be on this. Was I wrong and Hrid will actually be a legendary hero after all? ...Nah, still holding onto that. 

Meh IS clearly mailed in November but that just means i get to keep saving.

Remember if you're mad, the only really meaningful thing you can do is not pull. At least that spellblade skill will be fun to lab if i ever get it down the line.

What the heck is IS smoking and can I have some so I can forget all the bad stuff in my life?  Who is the GHB then?  I would be fine with this if Hrid was on the banner as well, but it being a 2 person banner and the GHB top choice being on the banner makes me really wonder what is going on.  Well it looks like I will have plenty of orbs for the FE 6 banner in March with the way IS seems to be saying don't spend any orbs and we don't want your money for Bruno and Hrid, both of whom could have been on this banner as well.

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

I really hope this is a one-off and two-unit banners won't become the new norm. Three is low enough.

Like others, I totally expected Hrid to be on this. Was I wrong and Hrid will actually be a legendary hero after all? ...Nah, still holding onto that. 

I highly doubt 2-unit banners will become the norm. This is likely an anomoly of them wanting to hold on to other units until Book 3. I'm guessing they wanted to tie things up with the remaining Book 2 characters.

I'm guessing at this point Hrid will either be GHB or Legendary Hero.

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

Seems likely it's just a one-off. Hrid seems like either the Legendary or GHB coming up and then there's no more Book 2 characters to pluck out, so that must be why it's so condensed.

Edit: @Sentinel07 comes in and steals my thunder. :P

Edited by NoirCore

This better be a "we're just cleaning up the remaining OCs" banner and not a new trend. I'd still recommend leaving feedback making it clear that we ain't happy with a 2 person banner no matter the reason. 

As for the units themselves... first one is fodder city if that A skill can be passed on. He also has Speed Tactics, so RIP L.Lyn's only real use. 

Sutur on the other hand, may end up being the best green armour (and therefor potentially unit period) in the game considering all of the stuff he kept. He'd have to have really horrible Res for that not to be the case, and he had pretty solid Res in the story. Also, we be powercreeping Steady Breath now. 

I don't really mind a 2-man banner if it's just a matter of IS cleaning up the remainder of the Book 2 units they want to push out before 3 starts. BUT, if Hrid is NOT on the next GHB and NOT also sticking around in the story, but simply pushed to a later banner of some kind, then it's kind of fishy. But that remains to be seen.

I'm not really disappointed in the units, since they seem fun enough and I was expecting more OCs as a strong possibility anyway. I simply don't care enough to spend orbs on them with better stuff on the horizon. 

1 minute ago, TheNiddo said:

This better be a "we're just cleaning up the remaining OCs" banner and not a new trend. I'd still recommend leaving feedback making it clear that we ain't happy with a 2 person banner no matter the reason. 

As for the units themselves... first one is fodder city if that A skill can be passed on. He also has Speed Tactics, so RIP L.Lyn's only real use. 

Sutur on the other hand, may end up being the best green armour (and therefor potentially unit period) in the game considering all of the stuff he kept. He'd have to have really horrible Res for that not to be the case, and he had pretty solid Res in the story. Also, we be powercreeping Steady Breath now. 

It's mostly likely that. Them cleaning up everything with Book 2 before moving on to Book 3.

A two person banner is good for getting the desired focus but even with the skills it would be hard to find a purpose for them. Surtr might be able to compete with the Hectors and Ephraim but everyone already has at least one of those. Yglr has great fodder but she's also cute so it's not like you'd use any of it if you rolled her, and then you just got a blue dagger sitting on your bench. I'll probably roll all the blues and greens in my free session, and then go back to saving.

24 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I haven’t been this angry for a long while.

I'd be too...if I even cared that much about FEH at this point. I feel nothing and have nothing meaningful in the game to do at this point. I mean, if IS is going to be this blatant about mailing this month in then I can be too. This banner's name should've just been FILLER.

Smash Ultimate can't arrive soon enough.

At least there's no Camilla on it~

Bad news is neither of these two are any better~ IS better get their sht together for the Seasonal Banners since those are the only ones that matter to me, anyway cuz this ain't it~

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

This banner's name should've just been FILLER.

Smash Ultimate can't arrive soon enough.

This is worse than filler, this is a waste of a banner slot. But hey, Surtr is OP and whalable, so yay ez moniez?

Never cared about Smash.

Terrible banner, and the like/dislike ratio is deserved here. They really mailed this one in, huh? First two unit banner; I hope this is just the exception, a little bit of housecleaning before Book III comes out. We can hope that Book III has a lot of great new stuff. Until then, it looks like snooze time!