New Heroes: Fire and Ice!

Vaximillian

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

At the cost of their A slot, yes, but that's a fairly large price to pay.

Considering how loopsided the defensive stats of most units are I'm pretty sure that price is fairly small (e.g. Brave Hector has 39/28 which is +11 damage; that equals Death Blow 5+). The sheer damage potential from this is ridicilous (which of course doesn't work on the newest whale bait).

Sure, Dragons have freedom with their A passive but general Infantry enjoys far more range with their weapons (aka Slaying weapons).

Edited by The Priest

2 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Considering how loopsided the defensive stats of most units are I'm pretty sure that price is pretty small (e.g. Brave Hector has 39/28 which is +11 damage; that equals Death Blow 5+).
Especially since general Infantry has far more freedom with their weapons than Dragons alone (aka Slaying meta).

You lose the benefit of getting Spd from skills like Life and Death, Swift Sparrow, or Fury, and it also forces you to not only bring a tome user, but also have them positioned adjacent to the unit.

It looks like an offensive alternative for enemy-phase units with Distant Counter on their weapon and units like Lon'qu who are fast and have extra Spd from their weapon.

Intelligent Systems Power Creep 101:

1) Make an armor unit

2) Give them trainee BST (even if they're a final boss)

3) Dump the crap out of their speed stat so you can boost their other stats even more without increasing overall BST and triggering your fans

RIP Sheena, Surtr with Slaying Axe is better than you in every single way :*(

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You lose the benefit of getting Spd from skills like Life and Death, Swift Sparrow, or Fury, and it also forces you to not only bring a tome user, but also have them positioned adjacent to the unit.

Considering that stacking Spd is still possible without them that's hardly an issue and as I said Slaying weapons will counterbalance this with faster specials.
Especially this condition can be abused by loading up the tome user with Spurs/Drives to fully take advantage of it. People can utilize Lucina or Chrom just fine, so this isn't anything different.

EDIT:
Let's not forget this doesn't exclude ranged Infantry. I'm very afraid what degenerate Firesweep Bow tactics are going to be born from this because this kind of adaptive damage is their wet dream.

Edited by The Priest

7 minutes ago, The Priest said:

People can utilize Lucina or Chrom just fine, so this isn't anything different.

Lucina and Chrom don't care who their adjacent teammate is, though, just that it's an allied warm body.

If you're used to using player-phase Spurs, this isn't going to be terribly different, but the restriction is quite a bit more difficult for players who aren't used to this kind of play style.

On the other hand, this is probably now the new optimal A skill for Brave Bow infantry since ranged units are much easier to use player-phase Spurs with.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I'll take Surtr having 179/180 nicely unlike the Corrins because he actually has a decent reason to have higher BST than most of the other units.

He's the final boss; he's supposed to be a special unit.

Like using Gilgamesh, Merlin or other over-power in lore units in FGO.

Edited by Troykv

Holy cow! Only 285 orbs down and I've already gotten two of Ylgr and four of Surtr (as well as Olwen and Deirdre as green pity breakers)! The odds on this thing are way better than any legendary banner could ever hope to be! Surtr just might end up being the first ever unit I +10 just from their debut banner. After getting results this wonderful, I'm gonna have to demand we get two-character-only banners on a regular basis!

And my 10+ Surtr is done!

Edited by Namero

I was all set to summon all the blues and greens on my first circle the free summon one.  Instead I got what I feared, no green or blue.  Just one colorless and four red.  

This seems like the ultimate banner for a FTP person who has saved some orbs for awhile to go for +10 a 5 star locked unit, Surtr I'm talking about.  He is the highest BST 180 (with superboon), armor, great skills, excellent min maxed statline, and you can get him +10 in a 800 or so orbs average, much less than how much it usually costs to +10. In addition being green, the off focus pity breakers are of the highest quality.

Anyways I only just hit 200 orbs, and I took that opening summon as a sign to stay away.  I'll wait for

Spoiler

Hrid

in the legendary banner.  

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

39 orbs spent, 2 copies of Ylgr. Now I can just snipe green.

EDIT: Both are [+Spd, -Atk]. Figures.

EDIT 2: Surtr comes only 2 summons later. [+Res, -HP].

How does it feel to be on our level of spending orbs in low quantities?

2 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

How does it feel to be on our level of spending orbs in low quantities?

it feels super weird when I'm just saving up free orbs for my pulls and not spending money.

On the other hand, this banner's sniping rates are through the roof, so it's felt better than other recent banners.

Either way, I've currently already eaten my gacha budget for the month, and I want to actually hold myself to that for once (instead of stealing from my groceries budget).

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

it feels super weird when I'm just saving up free orbs for my pulls and not spending money.

On the other hand, this banner's sniping rates are through the roof, so it's felt better than other recent banners.

Either way, I've currently already eaten my gacha budget for the month, and I want to actually hold myself to that for once (instead of stealing from my groceries budget).

Heh, I kinda imagined it must have felt weird when one is used to spending a big but regulated budget in a set period of time. Good luck with that perseverance. I myself am trying to resist pulling more to keep some orbs for January (or Distant Counter), those rates are, however, indeed quite juicy.

Generally, if anyone needs a copy for fodder or whatever, they should definitely consider pulling here. This easily beat my pulling for Legendary Lyn that wasted so many orbs for mere tears nothing.

Review time

Ylgr: Fresh Snowfall - Previously I named her the new Felicia due to being a fast dagger unit with possible adapt damage. I wonder how Adapt damage combine with Glimmer, but it already feels like she will double anybody, which can be scary with adaptive damage. This however makes her frail, so she could use some more defense against ranged units, because both her Def and Res are low, and her Hp isn't that high either(also only superbane, no superboon for her). Awesome fodder potential for Spd skills, and I can see dangerous combos with her new skill Sorcery Blade 3.

Surtr: Ruler of Flame - Surtr is polar opposite compared to Ylgr, because he's very bulky, and slow as a turtle. His defense as expected is huge, Atk and Def are superboon while Hp and Spd are superbane. Also, for some reason he's a trainee gen2 armored unit, making him the 3rd who can become the 180 BST armored unit. Sinmara and Surtr's Menace almost guarantees anyone to die who is 2 tiles away from him, so you need to take him down the turn you start chipping him. Bring more than one unit, as his Res is also high, and Wary Fighter 3 nullifies your hopes to double him.

Green > Blue - I like what these units offer, but I'm still disappointed that we get only 2 new units on a banner.

I hope Expiration will get a refine that makes up for Grima's 8 lower points in stats (3 from Sinmara's +3 Def and 5 from Surtr's higher bases).

On the other hand, I can't wait for it to be Surtr bonus season in the Arena. The best part of Surtr is the fact that he isn't a dragon, meaning he can serve as the Tiki counter that my A-line armor team needs.

After looking at the stats & abilities for the newest banner I think I'm kinda glad that I no longer consider myself a Fire Emblem fan & it's not because of who & what is on it.

Even with IS hard on for Surtr, I just don't care & I certainly don't care Yglr or whatever her name is. I have no reason to be piss off like everyone else. I have reasons to be piss off since it involves my hated character in the entire the franchise with some absurd skills and yet I'm not the least bit angry about it.

Since everyone else is flipping tables about it & I'm not that just tells me that I'm out just out of touch with the community. And quite frankly I don't really care anymore not after the whole outrage for Lucina's alt. Although I do great pleasure knowing that the most dislike Heroes video now is about Surtr. That's unbelievably fitting

Spent just the compensation orbs and the Arena reward to get my first Surtr, which will most likely be built because his nature isn't so bad (+HP/-Spd). I was getting one green in a full circle, and I pulled a total of three times (first and third circles had a green orb each, the second didn't). Got FlameLord himself on the third circle.

Edited by Karimlan