New Heroes: Fire and Ice!

Vaximillian

Sitting back and watching this trainwreck suddenly got a lot more boring.

I'll admit it's too much effort for me to unsubscribe from Nintendo Mobile and it could very well put out other content eventually. But seriously, what's the point of keeping up?

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Sorcery Blade has a 3 as part of the name, so it shouldn't be locked to Ylgr (PRF skills haven't had multiple levels yet), though what the restrictions are beyond that we obviously don't know yet.  As far as Sylgr goes, it also works when she's attacked, so it's a combination of Swift Sparrow and Kestrel Stance with a condition on it.

Oh, I... completely missed that. That's neat tho. Here's hoping it's dagger-only then, they could use the help. And I hadn't noticed that Sylgr is conditional Kestrel Stance too, that makes it quite a bit better. I may seriously consider throwing some Orbs into this banner and hoping a snow loli (or Surtr, I wouldn't mind Steady Stance 4 fodder) pops out.

1 minute ago, Jingle Bells said:

Including beast units, Selkie Not including them, Charlotte I think?

So, non-alt Charlotte would've finally gotten into Heroes? Now I'm disappointed that that didn't happen.

48 minutes ago, TheWill said:

Ugh, this banner is terrible. Not as bad as the Fates banner, but very, very close. 

If Hrid is next legendary hero over Micaiah, I'm going to be fuming.

see. i would be be too coz I love Micaiah but it would just mean whatever colour Hrid was (even if i wanted anything in that colour) i'd bypass. more orbs for L!Lucina. 
at least speed tactic is in the regular summoning pool (albeit 5* locked i'd imagine). 

I wasn't expecting anything good from this banner. Since the told us when they were next doing FE10 and 6 banners, I assumed that we wouldn't be getting anything non Fates/OC related until that point.

That aside, if this isn't the textbook definition of a filler banner, I don't know what is. These two + Hrid could easily have been added alongside the last OC banner, but I guess IS is really desperate to pad things out until Book 3 is ready.

At least if I want to give someone Steady Stance 4, I won't have to worry about foddering a character I actually care about.

IS made a good move with that whole "we have radiant dawn characters coming in january" bit.

I am really not all that pissed honestly, saved orbs and all that, I don't care about the two person banner, I hate OCs so I really can't say I would have asked for this or recommended this.

otherwise, I am ok with steady stance 4, it's fine because now I am actually interested in steady stance rather than happily taking the hit in def for +2 cooldown charge, I find +8 and -1 opponent special cooldown charge is far more useable.

I also don't mind surtr, he won't be that bad I think, I don't see his atk going above 60 with sinmara.

yilgr exists, that is all.

14 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I think it was the right move to add these two right now or else they'd be too irrelevant to add once book 3 starts. Like you said, not many people care for these two and it'll be worse in the future. IS is just trying to milk whatever recency bias these characters might have before they lose all profitability. 

Aside from having been unsure about Surtr being playable (though when we got Loki, I guess it showed he should be fair game too), I don't see why people are that surprised by this banner. Being 2 units only sure is weird, but if they were going to add these guys in this was kind of the time to do it.

Hrid missing is strange, but I'll assume for now that they still wanted a GHB this month so they threw him over there, leaving nobody else to go on the banner. I've seen some wonder why he'd be left out, being the "more popular" one, but there's never been real evidence of that anyway. He's the least notable in the story out of these 3 characters, though that's not saying much. Yeah, Gunnthra got a legendary before we even saw her, but at this point it feels like that was since IS wanted a filler unit at the time.

Not that being popular always matters either. Don't forget Groom Marth. (loli + whale armor > horse dude)

Edited by Alkaid

4 minutes ago, Eilanzer said:

Well this is kind of easy to answer...They are doing average filler stuff so that people know what TRUE average power is...Then they launch 3.0 to everyone starved for ANYTHING, and they will have massive profit.

These characters with powercreep...or interesting stuff are put in these average banners to trigger the whale crowd here and there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh I know that. I am talking about why they havent said anything. They arent going anywhere currently with this game. Aether Raids was fun for a week, but now the typical BS is creeping in, and this banner is only going to make that worst. Aether Raids, and 2 filler banners arent going to keep players happy over that 2 month break. Sure they might starve players to the point that they are willing to take anything at that point, but they also are very highly running the risk of people straight up quitting the game. Because this is just a free mobile game after all. Not like theres somekind of strings attached to keep most players playing.

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Uhhhhhhhhh...

I feel really uneasy about Ylgr. Maybe it's her youth, but I really don't feel like non-seasonal units should be talking about having fun on the battlefield... not unless they were crazy to begin with anyways.

IRRC, canonically the summoner apparently just straight up rezzes everyone at the end of a fight. Fire Emblem dialogue is usually a lot more casual when you're playing on the difficulties that don't lose units.

“You guys are jerks! I'm taking my weapons and going home,” is Selena's retreat quote on Conquest casual, for example.

32 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

"I come from a land of boring boring boring boring ssssnnoooowww"

k

She and Shanna would be great friends.

I wonder what the restrictions on Sorcery Blade are. There are three characters I can think of who'd use it well purely because of what their refined weapons require: Linde, Lloyd, and Merric. All three require at least a mage ally of some sort for their unique refinement's effect to work. Linde would be able to hit even harder, Lloyd could end up being a better dragonslayer, at least against ones without mixed defenses, given his good resistance, and Merric would have another way to circumvent his low neutral attack. If anything, he'd could probably destroy fliers when if he's near a mage ally, he'd target their lower defensive stat and gain Atk/Spd+5 from unique refined Excalibur which also has a Killer effect.

There's also Ophelia, but she already hits stupidly hard, so she might find Death Blow, L&D, or Fury more practical than Sorcery Blade.

If cavalry units can inherit it, specifically ranged cavalry, then Olwen and Reinhardt could become even stupider, but only if they meet the requirements of Sorcery Blade. Otherwise, they'd find other skills more practical.

Edited by Kaden

So, the only OCs that aren't playable and have existing artwork are Veronica (green tome infantry - the original), Bruno, and Hrid.

Ylgr: meh, whatever, but hey, Spd Tactic is going to be in the permanent pool!

Surtr: this guy is going to be fun to use... as a glorified breakable block on Aether Keep. All he pretty much wants are Obstruct, Panic Ploy, or Distant Defense seal and he'd be set to go stalling and holding down a chokepoint.

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

why is a 2 person banner bad?

I honestly don't see this as a bad thing - the permanent pool as it is is very much saturated; it has gotten harder to pull for non-specific non-exclusive units for players who want fodder or merges.

5 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I think that the reason why 2 units was because loki was supposed to be number 3, then they didn't notice until it was too late.

That'd be pretty astonishing considering they've known the CYL2 results for something like 10 months. The fact that they couldn't work something out between now and then suggests a level of incompetence I'm sure even the saltiest FEH detractor would be surprised by.

Edited by Robert of Normandy

7 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I think that the reason why 2 units was because loki was supposed to be number 3, then they didn't notice until it was too late.

Where people see incompetence or conspiracy, all I see is science.

Hopefully, this means we might get 2-person side banners in the future.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Where people see incompetence or conspiracy, all I see is science.

Hopefully, this means we might get 2-person side banners in the future.

Maybe we could actually get a 2 man BHB banner without that 3rd wheel they always tak on. Could be really hype if it's for the right unit(s)

Edited by colossus86

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I guess, but there is also far less for them to gain by dangling Ylgr and Surtr out there compared to the Muspell princesses and Helbindi. In other words, I don't think there'd be all too many tears shed if Ylgr and Surtr remained unplayable forever (unlike what'shisface Bruno).

You're wrong. I would shed many tears if any character that could be playable was doomed to never be playable, regardless of how many fans that character has. Even more so if that character is already implemented in some way and there's a skill locked behind them like Simsara. Speaking of which if they don't give us Thoron+ soon I'm gonna go insane. I don't care if they have to add a skill shop, or if they have to make the shittiest TT or GHB ever to give it to us, they MUST give it to us. It's been in the game, taunting us, since the start.

Going back on topic. It really sucks that I HAVE to hate this banner. Surtr playable is something I always wanted because it was a reassurance that all the OCs would be playable.

But not like this. Not in a 2 (TWO!) units banner. Why? Why couldn't we just have Hrid here? His role in the story is comparable to Ylgr anyway. It seems like IS wants to troll us or something. Maybe Hrid is the GHB.

But still it was their DUTY to find someone else to put on the banner to be the third. I don't care if they wanted to maintain the Nifl and Muspell theme. They could have made Helbindi's sister playable as a healer for all I care. Yes, she is dead, but it's not like that stopped anyone before, especially sisters.

With the Ayragate the backlash was so strong they never pulled that shit again. I hope for the same backlash, so they never make a 2 units banner again.

And I'm still gonna spend orbs 'cause I want Surtr dammit! GRRRRRRR!!!

(On the other hand I'm not mad at power-creep like everyone else. Power-creep has been a thing since forever, it doesn't bother me. That's not the problem with the banner)

14 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

IS made a good move with that whole "we have radiant dawn characters coming in january" bit.

I disagree. I've been waiting for more Tellius units since January this year and to see how beyond repair their priorities are with a Fates banner no one asked for and now this? Beyond ridiculous. Extremely mad that they're using Binding Blade and Radiant Dawn as an attempt to "calm the masses" knowing that these banners are what they have planned to keep us satisfied for what? 4-5 weeks?

4 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

You're wrong. I would shed many tears if any character that could be playable was doomed to never be playable, regardless of how many fans that character has. Even more so if that character is already implemented in some way and there's a skill locked behind them like Simsara.

Good for you. Unfortunately this banner does absolutely nothing for me (I'd legit much rather pull for more Camilla alts than either of these two) and with my interest in FEH fading fast as is, that's not a good thing at all.

Part of hopes they do a one character, regular banner in the future.

Surtr's Menace makes me wonder if they're trying to test how to make the Threaten skills more useful. Dude's default kit is literally Threaten everything including your health.

I'm not seeing how Surtr is broken at all.

Steady Stance 4 is completely useless in the face of dragons and magic which are kind of the thing right now. All hail Distant Counter, our Lord and Savior the One True Passive A Skill, and His prophet Hector.

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Part of hopes they do a one character, regular banner in the future.

Surtr's Menace makes me wonder if they're trying to test how to make the Threaten skills more useful. Dude's default kit is literally Threaten everything including your health.

Two-range debuffs are and always will be niche skills.

Though at least Sinmara's effect means you can kite enemies with the same movement range as you for easy babysitting.

1 hour ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Me earlier today: IS couldn't possibly make a banner I like even less than the Adrift one. It'd be really, really hard. 

IS: Hold my beer.

I'm gonna have so many orbs saved up. 

When IS announced a RD banner would be released in a couple of months, I decided I would try to hoard my orbs for it, though I was unsure if I would manage to since I have a tendency to be trigger happy when it comes to summoning. With the Adrift banner and this one, IS is making so much easier for me to hoard orbs.