World of Light Discussion/Hype Check

Zapp Branniglenn

World of Light  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Hype Check: World of Light?

• aaaaaAAAAAAAAHHHH
    • Oh cool, I wasn't holding out hope for an adventure mode so this is a nice surprise.
    • Meh, it's just event matches
  2. 2. Coolest feature in World of Light?

• Non linear routes to explore
    • RPG elements via equipping Spirits and filling in the Skill Tree
    • Spirit Battles
    • The Story/Cutscenes
  3. 3. After saving Mario, you have a fork in the road where one choice locks out the other two for later. Which route will you take?

• Northern Route (confirmed unlockable characters: Sheik, Mii Swordfighter)
    • Eastern Route (confirmed unlockable characters: Villager, Captain Falcon)
    • Western Route (confirmed unlockable characters: Marth)
    • I...might wait for a spoiler free guide for the characters I want most.
  4. 4. If you played only this mode, how long would you prefer it to take in order to nab each character and complete the main objectives on the way to the final boss?

• No more than two hours
    • 2-5 hours
    • 5-8 hours
    • 8 hours or more. I want it to match the length of Subspace Emissary at the very least

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, that appeared. I walked up to it, but can't do anything with it. I tried pressing A and stuff.

I’d help more if I were at that point myself, but I cannot think of suggestions wothout being there as well.

Also, the sacred realm is my favorite part so far.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that appeared. I walked up to it, but can't do anything with it. I tried pressing A and stuff.

Is the light and darkness in the map in balance? Or is one overpowering the other? That could be the problem preventing you from entering the boss fight.

23 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Is the light and darkness in the map in balance? Or is one overpowering the other? That could be the problem preventing you from entering the boss fight.

They appear to be in balance for me.

They appear to be in balance for me.

Does the center route appear a bit... off-center? If it seems a little too far to the right, battle some of Dharkon's forces until it shifts left, and vice-versa with Galeem's forces.

2 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Does the center route appear a bit... off-center? If it seems a little too far to the right, battle some of Dharkon's forces until it shifts left, and vice-versa with Galeem's forces.

It looks even to me. But none of Darkhon's are left. Like I said, the only spirit battles I have left here are Giga Mac and Guile and I'm unable to clear them. They're both on Galeem's side.

36 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It looks even to me. But none of Darkhon's are left. Like I said, the only spirit battles I have left here are Giga Mac and Guile and I'm unable to clear them. They're both on Galeem's side.

It’s possible there’s a route you’re missing. Perhaps try moving the character slowly along each path, a tap at a time?

1 minute ago, Dai said:

It’s possible there’s a route you’re missing. Perhaps try moving the character slowly along each path, a tap at a time?

I could do that, but I'm pretty certain Giga Mac and Guile are the only spirits left here.

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Sounds like you have to beat all the spirit battles then. Although other people said you didn't. Could you maybe make a video showing your situation?

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Then you gotta beat Guile and Giga Mac. From thr looks of it, light is beating darkness, since you defeated all dark spirits.

8 hours ago, Jotari said:

Sounds like you have to beat all the spirit battles then. Although other people said you didn't. Could you maybe make a video showing your situation?

Not a video, but I can get a screenshot some time.

6 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Then you gotta beat Guile and Giga Mac. From thr looks of it, light is beating darkness, since you defeated all dark spirits.

Then I feel this is poor design. I had no idea I was supposed to keep the two in balance, I thought I was just supposed to rescue the Hands and get to the northernmost point. And when I'd done so and nothing happened, I just beat as many spirit battles as I could and still nothing happened. There was no indication to me I had to keep anything in balance either. I saw the two switching, but I assumed maybe this would determine which one I'd fight first or something.

And these last two spirit battles are too difficult for me to clear. I cannot do them. So I'd have to erase this file and start all over, which I should not have to do.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then I feel this is poor design. I had no idea I was supposed to keep the two in balance, I thought I was just supposed to rescue the Hands and get to the northernmost point. And when I'd done so and nothing happened, I just beat as many spirit battles as I could and still nothing happened. There was no indication to me I had to keep anything in balance either. I saw the two switching, but I assumed maybe this would determine which one I'd fight first or something.

It was rather obvious when it said that the light/darkness side was winning when you were playing it. 

And these last two spirit battles are too difficult for me to clear. I cannot do them. So I'd have to erase this file and start all over, which I should not have to do.

You would likely need to switch to other characters to fight against them. Against Giga Mac, I switched to Samus and kept working on trying to fire charged shots after gaining some distance and then jumping over him to the other side. Also have some Critical Health Healing support spirits and such. 

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

It was rather obvious when it said that the light/darkness side was winning when you were playing it. 

No it wasn't. Not to me. That just told me who was winning, not that I had to keep them in balance. Like I said, I assumed this was going to affect who I'd fight first or second.

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

You would likely need to switch to other characters to fight against them. Against Giga Mac, I switched to Samus and kept working on trying to fire charged shots after gaining some distance and then jumping over him to the other side. Also have some Critical Health Healing support spirits and such. 

I have zero experience with characters not named Ike, Luigi, Daisy, Richter, or Mii Swordfighter. That would just make it harder for me. I tried using those spirits.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No it wasn't. That just told me who was winning, not that I had to keep them in balance. Like I said, I assumed this was going to affect who I'd fight first or second.

The funny thing was that the moment I saw the two types of spirits and how it was one vs the other, I got Warriors flashback where it was Xander vs Ryoma, so I made sure that they were in balance. Hence why I got all three endings. Not sure what happens when you focus entirely on one. You may need to work on getting all the other spirits then. 

I have zero experience with characters not named Ike, Luigi, Daisy, Richter, or Mii Swordfighter. That would just make it harder for me. I tried using those spirits.

Those are generally close range fighters. You need to use the more mid-long range fighters, like Samus. Best you get some practice into that style just for this fight with Giga Mac, because close range fighters are generally not the best ones to use. Unless you wanna just sidestep, grab, throw, and then rinse and repeat, but being too close to him leaves you open to get a lot of heavy hits on you.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No it wasn't. Not to me. That just told me who was winning, not that I had to keep them in balance. Like I said, I assumed this was going to affect who I'd fight first or second.

There's no way to cheese the Giga Mac and Guile fights that I know of, but can try different support spirits to make them easier. For example, for the Guile fight you can equip the Franklin Badge and keep your distance from Guile and not worry about him since the Sonic Booms will bounce off you, so you can focus entirely on Falcon.

Do you have any Legendary Spirits at Lv.99? This is a good time to use them.

4 minutes ago, Jave said:

There's no way to cheese the Giga Mac and Guile fights that I know of, but can try different support spirits to make them easier. For example, for the Guile fight you can equip the Franklin Badge and keep your distance from Guile and not worry about him since the Sonic Booms will bounce off you, so you can focus entirely on Falcon.

Guile... OH! That guy with the kicks and the sonic boom! Damn, I hated him. Best way I was able to take him out with Cloud was by getting near him and shielding when he tried to kick him. He's vulnerable at that exact moment.

42 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Those are generally close range fighters. You need to use the more mid-long range fighters, like Samus. Best you get some practice into that style just for this fight with Giga Mac, because close range fighters are generally not the best ones to use. Unless you wanna just sidestep, grab, throw, and then rinse and repeat, but being too close to him leaves you open to get a lot of heavy hits on you.

No thanks. Those kinds of characters aren't really my play style.

30 minutes ago, Jave said:

I see. And yes, I do. I've tried using them.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No thanks. Those kinds of characters aren't really my play style.

You have to remember that each spirit forces you to play under a set of rules, some that forces you to fight a different way than normal. Giga Mac having Super Armor makes it nearly impossible for close range fighters to really work because he can take the hits and dish back much harder damage against you, and this is a Stamina battle, so even moreso. 

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

You have to remember that each spirit forces you to play under a set of rules, some that forces you to fight a different way than normal. Giga Mac having Super Armor makes it nearly impossible for close range fighters to really work because he can take the hits and dish back much harder damage against you, and this is a Stamina battle, so even moreso. 

Sure. But that doesn't mean there can't be a way I can use a closer range fighter or something. I came fairly close by having Ike start with a shooting weapon and then spamming Aether. Just not close enough. But the main issue then is that as soon as Mac's FS is ready, he just kills me with it. It's not an avoidable FS.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Sure. But that doesn't mean there can't be a way I can use a closer range fighter or something. I came fairly close by having Ike start with a shooting weapon and then spamming Aether. Just not close enough. But the main issue then is that as soon as Mac's FS is ready, he just kills me with it. It's not an avoidable FS.

It actually is. You jump over him or be behind him. Also, perhaps collect some points to unlock abilities so that you have an easier time in the fights.

19 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

It actually is. You jump over him or be behind him. Also, perhaps collect some points to unlock abilities so that you have an easier time in the fights.

I've tried that. And I've filled out all but five things on the skill tree.

I've tried that. And I've filled out all but five things on the skill tree.

Well then, it all comes down to you and your skills. You'll need to figure out how the fight goes and look for openings. If you aren't willing to switch playstyles to focus on long range combat, and want to stick with close range, then this is the best you can do.

6 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Well then, it all comes down to you and your skills. You'll need to figure out how the fight goes and look for openings. If you aren't willing to switch playstyles to focus on long range combat, and want to stick with close range, then this is the best you can do.

It isn't so much that I'm not willing to or don't want to, it's that it's not possible. I can't just switch to a different play style just like that and call it a day. It's not that easy/simple at all. Like I said, I have no idea how to use characters that I didn't name above and it would probably take me days or weeks to learn and I don't want to put in that much effort in something only to use it for one or two battles. There's little point.

Maybe if I switch to easy mode just for these two battles and then go back to normal after...

Edited by Anacybele

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It isn't so much that I'm not willing to or don't want to, it's that it's not possible. I can't just switch to a different play style just like that and call it a day. It's not that easy/simple at all. Like I said, I have no idea how to use characters that I didn't name above and it would probably take me days or weeks to learn and I don't want to put in that much effort in something only to use it for one or two battles. There's little point.

Maybe if I switch to easy mode just for these two battles and then go back to normal after...

Does one need weeks to get the hang of a character for a simple fight? I say just try her out against Giga Mac. You can get rematches with him in World of Light after all, and then from there you'll figure something out. 

Of course, since I started with long range combat, and then focused on more balanced approach, I might simply be different. 

40 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

For the record I used Lucina to beat both matches, and she's as close range as you can get. It's definitely not impossible to beat those matches with any character, just need to try harder.

Oh, and you can't change difficulty on Adventure mode on a started playthrough. Once it's set, it's set.

44 minutes ago, Jave said:

For the record I used Lucina to beat both matches, and she's as close range as you can get. It's definitely not impossible to beat those matches with any character, just need to try harder.

Oh, and you can't change difficulty on Adventure mode on a started playthrough. Once it's set, it's set.

You can change difficulty during a playthrough. I did and it helped me.

I still can't clear the final battle though. It's extremely glitchy. I'm getting hit and launched by literally nothing since I don't see any attacks hitting me. I don't think that's supposed to happen.

I could try going back to easy mode again, but that's the lame trash way out. I don't want to be considered a garbage player.

Edited by Anacybele