The Grand Hero Battle's Table: Gharnef

SatsumaFSoysoy

@Zeo

NGL, I almost didn't realize I got to Gharnef before Turn 3 until you pointed it out (which is slightly ironic, as it was what i was trying to manage to do). But I'm glad you liked it. And yeah, +Def Athena is tankier than she seems. I do have (I believe) a +Atk one for when I plan to start merging her up but I do kinda like the Defense, I'll have to see what I go with.

~~~

As for your clears, honestly, them being so defensive is what impresses me. There are sooo many reinforcements and watching them all pile up on you for two of your clears has me wondering just how you manage to get through them so cleanly. The teamwork in all of them was great.

Matthew clear was awesome. I would have never thought to or been able to pull off relying on one unit in one spot for the whole map, but Matthew gets it done. Ayra doesn't even have to lift her blade and supports from afar with Genny. There's not really any point where the reinforcements get as overwhelming as they seem. Genny even helps get the final kill. This was a great display of teamwork.

Morgan clear was more offensive and it was really cool to use the WOM to get everyone out of range when Imhullu goes into effect, worked out perfectly. Everyone ends up back behind the wall like Matthew and those reinforcements pile down like before. Priscilla spreading the Savage Pain and Morgan's debuffs make the job a little easier for Amelia and Ninian and they end up all helping out until the last enemy drops. Another really nice clear with the whole team taking part.

Now the last clear may just be my favorite, A+ teamwork. Also very defensive like the first but the Attack Smoke on Marth makes it bearable to deal with the onslaught. Wrys and Merric provide both support and offense when needed. Linde also packs the punch to get rid of Gharnef. Merric may not have been there to get kills, but he does assist taking out that last armor. Honestly just seeing Merric and Wrys in itself was cool and they complete the package here. Playing defensively really was the best offense for you~

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Nanima Oft! yeah... that space is just not very good for so many ranged units >_<
Your S!Tiki took apart the first part of this map! She ate that green armour and cav like nothing x'D I had such a hard time with them on my own run.

@Zeo I'm so impressed that you pulled off this map with your Matthew team, since there were so many dragons and that charged Ignis! Can't believe Matthew managed to tank Gharnef x'D 

That Archanea clear.. Marth, Linde, Merric and Wrys :'))) Using Wrys to bait that red sword haha xD It got so clustered on turn 5, but L!Marth did great there. Totally approve of Linde getting Gharnef. 

@Zeo @mampfoid @Landmaster @Nanima @NegativeExponents- @daisy jane @SatsumaFSoysoy @Alexmender @eclipse @Azuris

As usual pretty late but first of all...this map is stupid for enemy phase playstyles :(

had to bring out a few bigger guns but I guess they make for some half-themes so it works out?

Firstly, here is Tiki enlisting the help of some spooky units to get rid of her nightmares against Gharnef's ghosts!

Team is +Def/-HP Halloween Henry, +Res/-HP Halloween Myrrh, +Atk/-Spd Legendary Young Tiki, +Spd/-HP Performing Azura

Music is The Origin of Mind from the King of Fighters 1997 soundtrack

-Armour alts unite! The amount of dragons here meant Legendary Tiki was perfect with her effective breath. The many, many greens also meant Myrrh could shine with her insane bulk (+Res is amazing, even surviving Gharnef's Ignis!). The value of Aether in these reinforcement maps is just so great and it's kind of mind-boggling how it took me this long to realise that, too bad Chroms stopped coming these days.

-Swap chains (I recall @Ice Dragon is a fan of these?) were key to this clear, since I had to manipulate the AI intricately since my most hated enemy was the Lunge axe cav. Myrrh had to swap all the way to the other end so she can get a green free for all as they met their doom against Myrrh's spooky Spirit Breath.

-It's nice to show off my summoner supported Halloween Henry again, since he sort of fell out of use after L!Hector replaced him in my arena team.

I went with his original spooky weapon for the theme but Gronnowl was really powerful in this map as well, he could ORKO the bulky blue manakete straight away and just being in tight spaces worked in his favour. That said, I really wanted a Ghost tome showdown with Halloween Henry's Spectral Tome vs Gharnef's Imhullu's ghosts, but I needed help from fellow Halloween Armour Myrrh and her Spirit Breath first since Henry's HP goes down really fast with Fury.

Funny how Henry's Spectres are fuelled with a cold Iceberg while Gharnef's Imhullu ghosts were imbued with a fiery Ignis, just like Henry's weapon triangle disadvantage.

Also the sword with Draw Back had to be deleted really fast as well, since it would move the manakete and allow the axe cav to bully poor low health Henry...

-That said I could've finished Gharnef ASAP with Tiki but I went for the ghost spirit battle for fun.

----

And now here is an summers Tiki splashing around with a water dragon Kana and mamma Ninian!

Team is neutral Male Kana, +HP/-Def Summer Young Tiki, +Atk/-HP Maribelle and +Res/-Def Bride Ninian.

Music is Independence from an Aggregate from the King of Fighters XIV

-Super restank Male Kana is back! This set I gave it for Arena sure impressed me in this map, Escape Route really helps with the tight spaces.

-i haven't actually used Summer Young tiki much besides her TT, dragon training and AA, so it's good to finally see her in action. Her Steady Breath Breath is particularly useful against those pesky dragons, and the many, MANY green units plaguing the map that would be dangerous against Kana. Her effective breath is really useful against those really bulky enemy dragons. Shoutouts to the reaaalllly annoying green axe horse with Lunge that always kept breaking my formations...I was so lucky that the equally annoying Draw Back swordie positioned the axe cav where I can eventually bait with Summer Tiki (she had to switch sides pretty quickly).

-Ninian had to swap her Bouquet since it would give Kana too much speed in the first turn and ruin the specific setup needed. In hindsight, Ninian could have joined in her dragon form for the theme (she doesn't see combat anyway) but the idea of putting her in was Chill Atk versus Gharnef's Chill Atk. In the end I had to change to WoM anyway for the final turns since I needed to give someone an extra turn just to quickly delete enemies.

-Maribelle is irreplaceable, I don't even use Veronica as much since I simply love the Maribelle's damage output. This clear took a long time until I realised I should be attacking with Maribelle EVEN MORE and not heal so much- just so I could stack even more Pain/Savage Blow damage. Plus, I didn't realise it but she had the highest Atk, so it was great that she took on the Chill Atk debuff for the team so the dragon kiddies Atk stats aren't affected. Not like Maribelle minds, Pain+ out of combat damage makes up for a 'mere' -7 Atk.

----

So late comments time!

@Zeo Ah, a fellow enemy phase clearer! Bonus cookie points for that!

Matthew going toe-to-toe with dragons is amazing, and especially something I don't think my Saizo could do. Your Matthew is such a great frontline tank, it still continues to amaze me how he does for your team. Genny's Physic is also great for tight spaces like these. Unlike me when I had to quickly move units from one side to another, your team justly mostly held on to one spot for most of the map!

Also wow, Poem of Everyone's Souls for Morgan! This could've been awkward, I was almost going to use that for my Spooky Spirits clear myself haha. Also, Darkness also really works for Gharnef, I forgot about that track (and I love how the beats came in after Priscilla's attack)! But yeah great work on the clear, Morgan's Tome again works its magic, and it was satisfying to see quickly deleting the axe armour that a lot of people had trouble with. Amelia also tanks very well as usual.

As for the FE1 clear, congratulations on making it work! I'm so jealous of your Linde, mine is -Atk so she can't quite make a special clear for me at this stage (well that and lack of time). Fury damage made me nervous especially when she just survived the green mage but boy did she put Gharnef's Imhullu in place! My Linde runs LaD so she might not even survive that.

Also really jealous of your Legendary Marth! I skipped his banner but he sure is effective against those inflated stat dragons! Great to see Merric do well with just a normal Rexcalibur tome as well! And you have no dancer! And Wrys does his job well and manages to slow that swordie down! Really proud of you and glad it worked out!

@Alexmender Lovely horse Eirika clear! She's really good at being a fast mage horse and I envy how offensive the clear was compared to mine with that horse range ("What Range" indeed Eirika) haha. I guess it's fitting she wields a tome that has swords since that's her normal weapon heh. Just curious do use blade tome more than Gleipnir?

As for Summer Linde, it's great to see the rare dagger horse in action! Minerva joining in was also a pleasure, I wanted to use her for a theme clear as well but I haven't solved it yet. Funny how everyone rides a mount in this clear. Her special lines are so great! And yesm Starfish to Gharnef's face was so satisfying!

@Nanima Oh a fellow Summer Tiki user! Tiktik and Taktak had some bonding time! Again it's refreshing to see your team take control of the map space better since I kept getting overwhelmed with reinforcements. Fliers sure are useful for PvE maps, and this was no exception! Nice to see Hinoka get a few kills there as well, her spear is great!

@mampfoid Woaaahh!! That -Def Elincia sure is something taking on that Bonfire! Great to see some Oscar action again. Quick and simple but still impressive!

@Landmaster Don't feel bad about dancers, especially with more and more reinforcement maps being released! Plus you like Sylvia as well right? So it's a win-win! Nice to see Mae since she gets overshadowed a lot. Legnedary Marth shines a lot in this map as well, again makes me jealous since I don't have him yet heh.

Also nice to see Athena in action, makes me feel bad I gave her weapon to Lon'qu a few months before his refine (she was -Atk though).

@SatsumaFSoysoy Oohh a Julia and Lucina! Very satisfying to see effective damage, and Linde swatting Gharnef with ease and 1 HP!

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo @mampfoid @Landmaster @Nanima @NegativeExponents- @daisy jane @SatsumaFSoysoy @Alexmender @eclipse @Azuris

As usual pretty late but first of all...this map is stupid for enemy phase playstyles :(

had to bring out a few bigger guns but I guess they make for some half-themes so it works out?

Firstly, here is Tiki enlisting the help of some spooky units to get rid of her nightmares against Gharnef's ghosts!

Team is +Def/-HP Halloween Henry, +Res/-HP Halloween Myrrh, +Atk/-Spd Legendary Young Tiki, +Spd/-HP Performing Azura

Music is The Origin of Mind from the King of Fighters 1997 soundtrack

-Armour alts unite! The amount of dragons here meant Legendary Tiki was perfect with her effective breath. The many, many greens also meant Myrrh could shine with her insane bulk (+Res is amazing, even surviving Gharnef's Ignis!). The value of Aether in these reinforcement maps is just so great and it's kind of mind-boggling how it took me this long to realise that, too bad Chroms stopped coming these days.

-Swap chains (I recall @Ice Dragon is a fan of these?) were key to this clear, since I had to manipulate the AI intricately since my most hated enemy was the Lunge axe cav. Myrrh had to swap all the way to the other end so she can get a green free for all as they met their doom against Myrrh's spooky Spirit Breath.

-It's nice to show off my summoner supported Halloween Henry again, since he sort of fell out of use after L!Hector replaced him in my arena team.

I went with his original spooky weapon for the theme but Gronnowl was really powerful in this map as well, he could ORKO the bulky blue manakete straight away and just being in tight spaces worked in his favour. That said, I really wanted a Ghost tome showdown with Halloween Henry's Spectral Tome vs Gharnef's Imhullu's ghosts, but I needed help from fellow Halloween Armour Myrrh and her Spirit Breath first since Henry's HP goes down really fast with Fury.

Funny how Henry's Spectres are fuelled with a cold Iceberg while Gharnef's Imhullu ghosts were imbued with a fiery Ignis, just like Henry's weapon triangle disadvantage.

Also the sword with Draw Back had to be deleted really fast as well, since it would move the manakete and allow the axe cav to bully poor low health Henry...

-That said I could've finished Gharnef ASAP with Tiki but I went for the ghost spirit battle for fun.

----

And now here is an summers Tiki splashing around with a water dragon Kana and mamma Ninian!

Team is neutral Male Kana, +HP/-Def Summer Young Tiki, +Atk/-HP Maribelle and +Res/-Def Bride Ninian.

Music is Independence from an Aggregate from the King of Fighters XIV

-Super restank Male Kana is back! This set I gave it for Arena sure impressed me in this map, Escape Route really helps with the tight spaces.

-i haven't actually used Summer Young tiki much besides her TT, dragon training and AA, so it's good to finally see her in action. Her Steady Breath Breath is particularly useful against those pesky dragons, and the many, MANY green units plaguing the map that would be dangerous against Kana. Her effective breath is really useful against those really bulky enemy dragons. Shoutouts to the reaaalllly annoying green axe horse with Lunge that always kept breaking my formations...I was so lucky that the equally annoying Draw Back swordie positioned the axe cav where I can eventually bait with Summer Tiki (she had to switch sides pretty quickly).

-Ninian had to swap her Bouquet since it would give Kana too much speed in the first turn and ruin the specific setup needed. In hindsight, Ninian could have joined in her dragon form for the theme (she doesn't see combat anyway) but the idea of putting her in was Chill Atk versus Gharnef's Chill Atk. In the end I had to change to WoM anyway for the final turns since I needed to give someone an extra turn just to quickly delete enemies.

-Maribelle is irreplaceable, I don't even use Veronica as much since I simply love the Maribelle's damage output. This clear took a long time until I realised I should be attacking with Maribelle EVEN MORE and not heal so much- just so I could stack even more Pain/Savage Blow damage. Plus, I didn't realise it but she had the highest Atk, so it was great that she took on the Chill Atk debuff for the team so the dragon kiddies Atk stats aren't affected. Not like Maribelle minds, Pain+ out of combat damage makes up for a 'mere' -7 Atk.

----

So late comments time!

@Landmaster Don't feel bad about dancers, especially with more and more reinforcement maps being released! Plus you like Sylvia as well right? So it's a win-win! Nice to see Mae since she gets overshadowed a lot. Legnedary Marth shines a lot in this map as well, again makes me jealous since I don't have him yet heh.

Also nice to see Athena in action, makes me feel bad I gave her weapon to Lon'qu a few months before his refine (she was -Atk though).

Lots of bulky armors in the Halloween clear. Myrrh and Tiki eat up everything and I love seeing Henry do work, too~ It was great him getting the kill on Gharnef. And all of the Swapping was both amusing and effective to dealing with the color effectiveness with the enemies. Probably my favorite of the two clears because seeing Dragon lolis taking no damage from this onslaught is always great.

Mirabelle was really impressive in the 2nd clear. She does a lot of damage to soften up the enemies for Tiki. And Kana is amazing in Brazen range. I kept wanting you to heal him but I knew he had to stay low for the Brazen effect. XP The last round of enemies was my favorite part, Escape  Route is really fun and worked well here. Both were really fun clears and still impressed at being able to take on all those enemies from behind that wall and not getting overwhelmed!

@Zeo @mampfoid @Landmaster @Nanima @NegativeExponents- @daisy jane @SatsumaFSoysoy @Alexmender @eclipse @Azuris @Rafiel's Aria

Sorry for the mutliple tags but Zeo's FE1 clear inspired me and I managed to do a properly themed clear!

Team is +Spd/-Res Marth, +HP/-Spd Legendary Tiki, +Spd/-Res Barst and +Atk/-Def Maria.

Music is Ghetsis's Battle Theme from Pokemon Black and White.

So when I found out Gharnef was the GHB I finally promoted the Barst I was thinking of building up since I somehow like the character ever since seeing him in FEH. He's not complete yet but I'mg lad he still worked out here, mostly being Reposition bot and being an anti-axe with Axebreaker. His high HP also meant good survivability, although because of Brave Axe's speed penalty, he needed Maria's Drive Spd support to prevent a blue manakete double. Also Spur Atk + Drive Atk is a great combo, and Tiki needed the Drive Atk to ORKO Gharnef.

-In the first turn, all these Drives plus Marth's Falchion buffs were important so Tiki could ORKO the blue blade mage.

-Maria's Drive Spd turned out to be the key seal for both Barst and Marth (to double the dragon while choking the green units on the right). Fear was also really useful defensively and also becausee the axe knight would spend its turn using Harsh Command (my original clear had the axe knight continually use Harsh Command for as Maria/Marth whittled enemies down but that video would take way too long). Marth's Close Def mostly offsets the Harsh Command buff, but the AoE Atk drop was just ueful overall. 

But yeah not bad since I original got Maria as a pitybreaker so it's good she's a lot more useful with the healer buffs.

-Also nice to see Marth hold his own despite not being his Legendary self. He just needed a little Speed push against Infernal stats and the double Renewal was useful while keeping green units busy.

@Landmaster Thanks! I love using bulky units, so armour units are great for my playstyle (even if Fighter skills are a bit broken). I felt bad using one of my last Cecilia;s for Escape Route for arena points but I'm just glad it had more use after his bonus season was up. Escape Route is really fun!

14 hours ago, mcsilas said:

this map is stupid for enemy phase playstyles :(

Yes, it is indeed.

But the first team managed that really well. I like Myrrh shuffling all the way to the right to deal with the huge amount of green units that were coming for Tiki.

The second team didn't have the same enemy phase firepower, so enemies were piling up, but you still managed it really well. I was concerned about Kana's health dropping lower and lower, but using your healer more offensively turned out to be the right choice.

Also for the final one, it's good to see Marth getting some action himself instead of being just there as a buff bot. Additional bonus points for showing reposition fodder in action, mine just seem to disappear as soon as they arrive.

Overall some pretty nice clears and I don't mind some more creative themes. ( Tiki splashing around with a water dragon Kana and mamma Ninian! That one actually made me smile.)

10 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo @mampfoid @Landmaster @Nanima @NegativeExponents- @daisy jane @SatsumaFSoysoy @Alexmender @eclipse @Azuris @Rafiel's Aria

Sorry for the mutliple tags but Zeo's FE1 clear inspired me and I managed to do a properly themed clear!

Team is +Spd/-Res Marth, +HP/-Spd Legendary Tiki, +Spd/-Res Barst and +Atk/-Def Maria.

Music is Ghetsis's Battle Theme from Pokemon Black and White.

So when I found out Gharnef was the GHB I finally promoted the Barst I was thinking of building up since I somehow like the character ever since seeing him in FEH. He's not complete yet but I'mg lad he still worked out here, mostly being Reposition bot and being an anti-axe with Axebreaker. His high HP also meant good survivability, although because of Brave Axe's speed penalty, he needed Maria's Drive Spd support to prevent a blue manakete double. Also Spur Atk + Drive Atk is a great combo, and Tiki needed the Drive Atk to ORKO Gharnef.

-In the first turn, all these Drives plus Marth's Falchion buffs were important so Tiki could ORKO the blue blade mage.

-Maria's Drive Spd turned out to be the key seal for both Barst and Marth (to double the dragon while choking the green units on the right). Fear was also really useful defensively and also becausee the axe knight would spend its turn using Harsh Command (my original clear had the axe knight continually use Harsh Command for as Maria/Marth whittled enemies down but that video would take way too long). Marth's Close Def mostly offsets the Harsh Command buff, but the AoE Atk drop was just ueful overall. 

But yeah not bad since I original got Maria as a pitybreaker so it's good she's a lot more useful with the healer buffs.

-Also nice to see Marth hold his own despite not being his Legendary self. He just needed a little Speed push against Infernal stats and the double Renewal was useful while keeping green units busy.

@Landmaster Thanks! I love using bulky units, so armour units are great for my playstyle (even if Fighter skills are a bit broken). I felt bad using one of my last Cecilia;s for Escape Route for arena points but I'm just glad it had more use after his bonus season was up. Escape Route is really fun!

Normal Marth and Barst in action, I like seeing these uncommon units and they both do a lot. That showdown with Marth and that Green Armor at the end was more intense than I thought it'd be.

Sorry for the late replies everybody, my weekend was packed (and that didn't stop yet). 

Using spoilers to not spam this topic with a super long reply. 

18 hours ago, Astellius said:

@mampfoid Nice clear! I liked seeing Elincia be the main crux of the strategy, with proper dancer support. Quality clear!

Thanks! I wish I could have given her all kills, but on player phase 5 kills is max and she isn't quite an EP unit. 

On 25.11.2018 at 5:51 AM, daisy jane said:

Is anyone planning on 5*'s Gharnef? 
I'm leanin to a no. 

He is too cool to miss on my evil-doers team and too beautiful for a spoiler

45joK6p.png

I like his gimmicky tome, but he isn't too strong. No idea yet how to build him and Garon. 

LordFrigid

Spoiler
On 25.11.2018 at 3:58 AM, LordFrigid said:

Nice work on your clear! Not to beat a dead horse, but Elincia eating that Bonfire is impressive, even with the support that was needed.

Thanks. It was fun to make her work again. Didn't use her since some time. 

On 25.11.2018 at 10:54 AM, LordFrigid said:

Also, your comment reminded me that I don’t use Julia enough after the Arena started rewarding bonus unit KOs (when’s her next chance in the bonus rotation, IS?), and made this run really tempting.

Desperation Julia? That's new. It wasn't even necessary against Gharnef, her crazy Glacies would have killed him in one shot. 

Alexmender

Spoiler
On 25.11.2018 at 4:07 AM, Alexmender said:

Cool as always. Elincia was the star of the show this time destroying 3 units on her own. 

Thanks! She even destroyed 4 units including boss Gharnef. :-) 

I had the usual Eirika clear but then I remembered that I despise Gharnef so I didn't want to showcase him doing any damage to Eirika which led me to this: 

That's what I call destroying a map. Cool Blade-Eirika. 

And there's more this time. I was lucky to see that no one has used S!Linde yet so my themed clear is relatively new. I used some dramatic music because this means a lot to Linde (and showing how much of a chump Gharnef is because he fell to a starshell without having a way to retaliate feels very nice). The only thing lacking is for Phina to be released in order to get a full Archaneia clear but Airzura will do for now.

Poor Minerva, miss the part with the costume party. From what you wrote, Gharnef deserved to be destroyed by a ... fish? 

Zeo

Spoiler
On 26.11.2018 at 9:46 AM, Zeo said:

@mampfoid That Armor's Bonfire takes a chunk out of Matthew. Elincia surviving it was pretty darn impressive. This is one of the peskier GHB's for traditionalists, but the layout made it easy for 1-turn clears and you capitalized on that. They tried to wall you with that armor but you just cut right through him. ATK Smoke is such a valuable skill, I still can't believe *3 Kaze is a thing.

Thanks! Yep, ATK smoke is nice. Since I don't use bulky units as much as you, I found it funny to put it on one of my frailest units. 

I hope my clears live up to all these other ones.

No doubt. 

Matthew: ...Get behind me.

Wow, that armor's Bonfire took a big chunk out of Matthew. Apart from that only Gharnef brought him into the single digit HP range. Matthew is still so different from everything we get to see, that I like to watch how he just stands there and debuffs everybody to their deaths. 

Morgan's clear was a lot quicker, which was ironic given the fact that it was actually quite a bit trickier.

Turn 2 looked really tricky, knowing about the Chill ATK dilemma. Amelia dealing 0 damage to a green unit ... didn't think I ever would see something like that.  

Nice way to get around Gharnefs special effect, retreat into the left corner. 

Captain Morgan (... sorry) kills boss Gharnef without even needing his debuffs. Btw: Morgan needed CC only once in the beginning against the red dragon, didn't you consider something like Swift Sparrow for this clear? 

The Special Clear.

Everybody showing off their L!Marths makes me want the December banner come faster ... he is such a boss. His 1 HP  survival was close though. 

Ah, you went with 4* Merric and Rexcalibur in the end and even get's to kill stuff. Linde get's the fitting boss-kill, even if she only barely survived that Ignis. 

Congrats, great clears once again. 

mcsillas

Spoiler
19 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid Woaaahh!! That -Def Elincia sure is something taking on that Bonfire! Great to see some Oscar action again. Quick and simple but still impressive!

Thanks! 

Henry killing Gharnef: Trick or treat? 

Your armors are impressive, they don't even need their EP for one turn. Gharnefs special effect didn't hurt them too much. Also a showcase of how great Aether is on armor dragons. 

I love my summer Tiki, but seeing Kana doing this 100% boss kill makes me consider him again for a promotion. 

12 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Biggest question: Will Barst reposition? Yes, of course - and in the clutchest of all moments. 

Tiki doesn't need a healer, but Maria makes good use of Fear+ - another weapon I should try to use once. 

A lot of Tikis in your clears, I like them all. :-) 

30 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Sorry for the late replies everybody, my weekend was packed (and that didn't stop yet). 

Using spoilers to not spam this topic with a super long reply. 

Thanks! I wish I could have given her all kills, but on player phase 5 kills is max and she isn't quite an EP unit. 

He is too cool to miss on my evil-doers team and too beautiful for a spoiler

45joK6p.png

I like his gimmicky tome, but he isn't too strong. No idea yet how to build him and Garon. 

LordFrigid

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks. It was fun to make her work again. Didn't use her since some time. 

Desperation Julia? That's new. It wasn't even necessary against Gharnef, her crazy Glacies would have killed him in one shot. 

Alexmender

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks! She even destroyed 4 units including boss Gharnef. :-) 

That's what I call destroying a map. Cool Blade-Eirika. 

Poor Minerva, miss the part with the costume party. From what you wrote, Gharnef deserved to be destroyed by a ... fish? 

Zeo

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks! Yep, ATK smoke is nice. Since I don't use bulky units as much as you, I found it funny to put it on one of my frailest units. 

No doubt. 

Wow, that armor's Bonfire took a big chunk out of Matthew. Apart from that only Gharnef brought him into the single digit HP range. Matthew is still so different from everything we get to see, that I like to watch how he just stands there and debuffs everybody to their deaths. 

Turn 2 looked really tricky, knowing about the Chill ATK dilemma. Amelia dealing 0 damage to a green unit ... didn't think I ever would see something like that.  

Nice way to get around Gharnefs special effect, retreat into the left corner. 

Captain Morgan (... sorry) kills boss Gharnef without even needing his debuffs. Btw: Morgan needed CC only once in the beginning against the red dragon, didn't you consider something like Swift Sparrow for this clear? 

Everybody showing off their L!Marths makes me want the December banner come faster ... he is such a boss. His 1 HP  survival was close though. 

Ah, you went with 4* Merric and Rexcalibur in the end and even get's to kill stuff. Linde get's the fitting boss-kill, even if she only barely survived that Ignis. 

Congrats, great clears once again. 

mcsillas

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks! 

Henry killing Gharnef: Trick or treat? 

Your armors are impressive, they don't even need their EP for one turn. Gharnefs special effect didn't hurt them too much. Also a showcase of how great Aether is on armor dragons. 

I love my summer Tiki, but seeing Kana doing this 100% boss kill makes me consider him again for a promotion. 

Biggest question: Will Barst reposition? Yes, of course - and in the clutchest of all moments. 

Tiki doesn't need a healer, but Maria makes good use of Fear+ - another weapon I should try to use once. 

would death blow 3 help him somewhat?

@Zeo Nice! This time it's very hard to choose a clear that I prefer because all of them are really awesome in their own way.

Matt continues to show how godly of a tank he is, taking so much punishment and dishing it too. The use of Gravity+ and Swap to avoid getting overwhelmed in that tight space was really clever too. 

The Morgan clear shows how debuffs are becoming more and more important in these types of clears as time goes on. Priscilla chip damage is really good for breaking those annoying opponents (I kinda want to make a Pain+ healer too but then I remember how cancerous they are in Aether Raids and I forget about it). It's interesting to see how Amelia is great as a flier but as a tank she's starting to struggle a bit, although not to the point where she can't take quite a few hits. 

The last clear was epic. Funny how you managed to make Merric do a wonderful job with only a Rexcalibur (not even +) and the QR seal. Linde killing Gharnef is a staple but it was nice seeing her tanking that Ignis hit like it was nothing. L!Marth takes the cake, though. Tanking so much and dishing so much punishment is just bonkers, I still dislike that version of him because he's basically Eirika but 100% independent because he doesn't have that ally restriction that she has but I can't deny that he's a beast.

@mcsilas Those armors are something else! I've wanted to showcase H!Myrrh for the longest time but I haven't found the chance to do so. L!Tiki is quite bonkers despite not being all that bulky but she makes up for it with her crazy Spd. H!Henry was the star here, though. Tanking that blue manakete for so long and then finishing Gharnef was very satisfying.

The Marth clear was also very cool, Tiki did her thing just like in the first clear but this time Marth was the one in charge of keeping the chokepoint. Using Barst and Maria adds a nice touch considering how rare it is to see those two. But really, that clear was sooo cool

13 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Ah but I saved the best Tiki for last! Okay this was a bit unplanned but I managed to make it work so sorry for another tagging spree but here is Adult Tiki reliving her past with some time travelling kids

Team is +Atk/-Spd Tiki, +Spd/-HP Owain, +Res/-Def Performing Inigo and +HP/-Atk Legendary Lucina.

Music is Storm Clouds (Ablaze) from Fire Emblem Awakening

Okay this was one of those clears where I had to so much seal shuffling, mostly beccause I would need 1 SS but also need another one for a specific setup/battle. And to top it off, L!Lucina's -Atk bane really shows here since there's a certain blue manakete that would be left with 1 HP if she didn't get a Hone Atk/Drive Atk boost from Inigo (it took a while for me to find a position where she can get the Hone Atk boost).

That said I was on the cusp of beating it but it took me a while to get the final piece of the puzzle- Threaten Def on Tiki. That's right, normally I have Threaten Res on her but Tiki needed 2 more damage against the green mage and I accidentally found out while shuffling seals that a Threaten Def seal allowed her to ORKO the green mage because of adaptive damage. (Originally I was using Threaten Def to somehow help L!Lucina deal a bit more damage to ORKO the blue manakete but I couldn't position her well with the Threaten in the end). That said, Tiki also needed Drive Spd so Owain can double the first blue manakete and Gharnef in the end (darn fairly fast red mage) and she couldn't wield both seals at once. Good thing I gave Tiki Sol + Threaten Def from a Raven randomly, so to my surprise she was just waiting on learning that skill!

Also, Owain's native Spur Spd/Def was useful so Tiki can double the axe armour despit being out of QR range. Owain needed Close Def to survive the blue dragon while Bowcina needed Distant Def to survive the blue mage. So yeah, they start out with low HP straight away which is good for WoM shenanigans.

@Alexmender Yeah I like using overshadowed units, it's nice when they get the spotlight. Also funny you mentioned Tiki's Spd since my Tiki is -Spd and is just using QR to make up for it. Either way she's a crazy good unit, and she fills a really nice role in my team since I always needed a good blue unit + dragon effectiveness is icing on the cake

@mampfoid Keep in mind Kana has Brazen Atk/Res so without it, he falls short of one-shotting Gharnef. Still, double Brazens is a really fun combo. I enjoy using him much more than Nowi.

@Landmaster Well, Special Fighter + Fortress Def/Res is kind of annoying. I had to resort to enemy phase because at least Close Def takes away the sting from the axe knight's attacks, and at the same time move Marth in a position where the blue manakete can't reach him when he finishes off a green unit.

@Azuris Thanks! The game needs more Reposition fodder sources lol (if colourless had one it would be less of a hell to pull!) Marth deserves spotlight from time to time and his fairly balanced stats (compared to his descendants) worked out in favour for him here. And yeah I like making some kind of themes to the clears...even if I have to reach for some of them haha

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid Keep in mind Kana has Brazen Atk/Res so without it, he falls short of one-shotting Gharnef. Still, double Brazens is a really fun combo. I enjoy using him much more than Nowi.

Double Brazens are great, that's why I'm so heistant to use my spare Linus'. 

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Ah but I saved the best Tiki for last! Okay this was a bit unplanned but I managed to make it work so sorry for another tagging spree but here is Adult Tiki reliving her past with some time travelling kids

Owain, dragon and boss Slayer. Nice! 

Funny how Threaten DEF helps Tiki, adaptive damage made it possible. 

5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Ah but I saved the best Tiki for last!

Wow, another one, you're on a roll now.

I really like that Tiki, she was my first +10 unit, so it is always good to see her.

Reading your comments, it seems this one was quite tricky to set up, so well done keeping at it and making it happen. Also who would have thought, that Threaten Def would be the solution? I can't remember tha last time I even used a threaten skill, so I most likely wouldn't have figured that out. Good job.

6 hours ago, mcsilas said:

The game needs more Reposition fodder sources lol (if colourless had one it would be less of a hell to pull!)

Oh yes, that would be really nice.

Sooo, I waited until I could inherit Brave Bow onto Summer!Takumi to make a last ditch attempt at this map. Still didn't work, because of his Spd Bane. I am offcially giving up. Hrid's didn't go any better on Infernal either. I was this damned close to beating it, except every time, without fail, something would go wrong. The AI would change, I'd be missing exactly 2 points in Attack but have be unable to change my skills to get more buffs, Sunkumi could survive one enemy but not two etc. In the end I ended up wasting 4 hours and my Shiro and +Atk Lilina trying to clear it. And I did not have fun. The only thing keeping me going was the sunk cost fallacy, and now even that has burned out. I was so sick of constantly thinking "If only I had X, I could clear it." I suspect I wouldn't have felt any triumph even if I had beaten it. 

Seeing as frustrating reinforcement hells seem to be the only challenge maps Intsys releases anymore (outside of BHBs), I guess this is as far as I go. I won't be forcing myself to do any more of these. Maybe I'll do the occasional clear, if I should get in the mood again and have time on my hands. But I won't tear my hair out if I can't beat it with them. And I won't sacrifice highly valued units for these anymore. If my team can't do it as they are, they can't do it. Otherwise I can see myself dropping the game entirely out of frustration.

I think I have shown that a Team of Takumis (and Princesses) can certainly clear very challenging maps. They could clear even more, if Intsys weren't too cowardly to release anymore halway decent skills as seals (Desperation, WoM etc.).

@Landmaster He reminds me of the male lead in a Shoujo anime. haha I think they were trying to enhance his dorkiness. Yeah the lack of colour bias did help a bit, but not against the fact that most enemies had incredibly high def. And you are right that does look hilarious. I did not even notice at first (probably because I was busy making the same expression as the injured Takumis). Yeah, fliers and dragons are seriously OP when you have the right boosts. And I am glad I got to give Airzura the last kill. It must be frustrating to only be there for support when you have a perfectly fine axe yourself.~

@mampfoid I think Intsys keeps raising the difficulty without giving players better access to the right tools in turn, so since I already started at a disadvantage it was only a matter of time before it got too much. I am glad you enjoyed Desperation!Tiki, Hinoka and the music!

@Azuris Thank you. I am sure they appreciate the sympathy. And I am glad I could at least beat this with one Takumi to show my appreciation.

@Zeo Seems like we both have become a bit tired of these, though you're at least still able to get amazing clears with your team. I do enjoy a little challenge, but when it's just hours and hours of frustration I get fed up at some point. I am glad you enjoyed my more powered clear. I was surprised myself at how easily they were all able to pull it off and had a lot more fun putting it together. 

As for your clears, like I said, they are amazing. It's great to see a more defensive approach work out for Matt on this very crowded map. Morgan also performed excellently and was able to blow through stuff that left my Takumis stumped. Congrats on finally being able to do your Marth clear!  Good to see Wrys show up for one of these, and do a lot more than just act as a gimmick.

@ruruo Glad you enjoyed seeing my Tiki at work. I really do enjoy using her in these. :)  

@mcsilas Another one who utilizes S!Y!Tiki. Very good! I do feel you on the defensive clears being hell lately, so turning things around is very satisfying. And I am glad I was able to show of OG!Hinoka for one of these.

As for your clears: I enjoyed seeing those little dragon girls just eat all the enemies alive in these clears. They are incredibly powerful, so seeing them in action is always neat.~ Also the clear with both Marth and Tiki was so cute, seeing them work together and all. The final clear with Adult!Tiki felt like a great finish. Especially with her working together with her Mar-Mar's decendents. (potential decendant in Inigo's case)~

Anyway, if you'll excuse me, I am off to nuke Hrid off his map and leave this business behind for now. I'll still continue watching your clears of course! :)    

16 minutes ago, Nanima said:

And I did not have fun. The only thing keeping me going was the sunk cost fallacy, and now even that has burned out. I was so sick of constantly thinking "If only I had X, I could clear it." I suspect I wouldn't have felt any triumph even if I had beaten it. 

Oh no, it's so sad to hear that.

17 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Seeing as frustrating reinforcement hells seem to be the only challenge maps Intsys releases anymore (outside of BHBs), I guess this is as far as I go. I won't be forcing myself to do any more of these. Maybe I'll do the occasional clear, if I should get in the mood again and have time on my hands. But I won't tear my hair out if I can't beat it with them. And I won't sacrifice highly valued units for these anymore. If my team can't do it as they are, they can't do it. Otherwise I can see myself dropping the game entirely out of frustration.

Yes, don't push yourself too hard. Your well-being and enjoyment should always come first, so just have fun with your Takumis in other content.

If you ever feel like making more Takumi clears I'll gladly watch it, but you should never feel forced, so please stop stressing you out.

32 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I think I have shown that a Team of Takumis (and Princesses) can certainly clear very challenging maps.

You certainly have, nobody can doubt that and you can be proud of that.

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

I think Intsys keeps raising the difficulty without giving players better access to the right tools in turn, so since I already started at a disadvantage it was only a matter of time before it got too much. I am glad you enjoyed Desperation!Tiki, Hinoka and the music!

I'm sorry you arrived to this point, but clears have to fun, otherwise there's no sense. I didn't do Celica and Oliver clears in a while, also because I'm less motivated currently. 

I'm hoping to see your cool Hoshido squads again, perhaps you'll even get some good copies of Summer Takumi from the next Legendary? 

@Azuris Thank you for the very sweet comment! I will definitely make sure to place my own enjoyment over any senseless feelings of obligation to these clears from now on. 

@mampfoid Yeah, there's no point when it starts feeling like a chore. I do look forward to more Celica and Oliver clears, but I definitely feel you on losing motivation.

I sure hope so. Although my orbs are currently set on the quadruple wammy of Crhistmas/New Year/RD banner/L!Tiki's Return, so I hope they'll wait until January to put Takumi on the LG banner.

10 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Team is +Atk/-Spd Tiki, +Spd/-HP Owain, +Res/-Def Performing Inigo and +HP/-Atk Legendary Lucina.

Music is Storm Clouds (Ablaze) from Fire Emblem Awakening

Okay this was one of those clears where I had to so much seal shuffling, mostly beccause I would need 1 SS but also need another one for a specific setup/battle. And to top it off, L!Lucina's -Atk bane really shows here since there's a certain blue manakete that would be left with 1 HP if she didn't get a Hone Atk/Drive Atk boost from Inigo (it took a while for me to find a position where she can get the Hone Atk boost).

That said I was on the cusp of beating it but it took me a while to get the final piece of the puzzle- Threaten Def on Tiki. That's right, normally I have Threaten Res on her but Tiki needed 2 more damage against the green mage and I accidentally found out while shuffling seals that a Threaten Def seal allowed her to ORKO the green mage because of adaptive damage. (Originally I was using Threaten Def to somehow help L!Lucina deal a bit more damage to ORKO the blue manakete but I couldn't position her well with the Threaten in the end). That said, Tiki also needed Drive Spd so Owain can double the first blue manakete and Gharnef in the end (darn fairly fast red mage) and she couldn't wield both seals at once. Good thing I gave Tiki Sol + Threaten Def from a Raven randomly, so to my surprise she was just waiting on learning that skill!

Also, Owain's native Spur Spd/Def was useful so Tiki can double the axe armour despit being out of QR range. Owain needed Close Def to survive the blue

@Landmaster Well, Special Fighter + Fortress Def/Res is kind of annoying. I had to resort to enemy phase because at least Close Def takes away the sting from the axe knight's attacks, and at the same time move Marth in a position where the blue manakete can't reach him when he finishes off a green unit.

Adult Tiki enters the scene. -Atk banes can be so frustrating but all of the work with Seals and Skills sounded like it paid off. And it made for a nice clear. Tiki is always a wall and it was nice seeing Owain get that kill on Gharnef with the power of Friendship. I also always love seeing some L!Lucina and she worked despite the bane.

3 hours ago, Nanima said:

Sooo, I waited until I could inherit Brave Bow onto Summer!Takumi to make a last ditch attempt at this map. Still didn't work, because of his Spd Bane. I am offcially giving up. Hrid's didn't go any better on Infernal either. I was this damned close to beating it, except every time, without fail, something would go wrong. The AI would change, I'd be missing exactly 2 points in Attack but have be unable to change my skills to get more buffs, Sunkumi could survive one enemy but not two etc. In the end I ended up wasting 4 hours and my Shiro and +Atk Lilina trying to clear it. And I did not have fun. The only thing keeping me going was the sunk cost fallacy, and now even that has burned out. I was so sick of constantly thinking "If only I had X, I could clear it." I suspect I wouldn't have felt any triumph even if I had beaten it. 

I think I have shown that a Team of Takumis (and Princesses) can certainly clear very challenging maps. They could clear even more, if Intsys weren't too cowardly to release anymore halway decent skills as seals (Desperation, WoM etc.).

@Landmaster He reminds me of the male lead in a Shoujo anime. haha I think they were trying to enhance his dorkiness. Yeah the lack of colour bias did help a bit, but not against the fact that most enemies had incredibly high def. And you are right that does look hilarious. I did not even notice at first (probably because I was busy making the same expression as the injured Takumis). Yeah, fliers and dragons are seriously OP when you have the right boosts. And I am glad I got to give Airzura the last kill. It must be frustrating to only be there for support when you have a perfectly fine axe yourself.~

A shame Takusquad couldn't beat the map but don't feel too down about it. Sometimes maps just can't be done with favorites, as unfortunate and less fun as that can be. Don't be too frustrated or feel obligated to have to put out a particular clear. They're for enjoyment so whenever you feel up to doing any more, I'll be watching them either way~

Your right, he does come off as pretty dorky and it works, haha~ But as for the map, it does have a lot of bulky enemies so it was unfortunate we don't have a Tome Takumi yet. I also tend to feel bad for my Refreshers not getting much action on these kinds of maps, it's nice when they can get a kill here or there. 

5 hours ago, Nanima said:

I sure hope so. Although my orbs are currently set on the quadruple wammy of Crhistmas/New Year/RD banner/L!Tiki's Return, so I hope they'll wait until January to put Takumi on the LG banner.

Good luck on those banners! 

Do wait for someone specifically? Do you want to merge Tiki? 

@Nanima Darn, sad to see your plans didn't work out, but if it stops getting fun or becomes too much of a stress, it's probably not worth the pain. Unfortunately the map really has a lot of things that goes against certain units- bulky manaketesm, tight spaces and that darn armour must be really annoying for bow users. 

I remember feeling this way when Ryoma's LHB first came out and I couldn't clear it all with a Hoshido/Shiro team despite coming so close. You've definitely shown how impressive your teams can be though, so don't feel too down. And yeah reinforcements with big stats are a trend that won't go away so sometimes you just have to know the limits (like Abyssals LHB for me).

@Landmaster I think the most frustrating part is that I know these could be done... if I had the right skills/IVs for it. But oh well, things might change at a later date. Thank you for being so understanding. 

I'd be the first in line for a tome Takumi (although it would fly in the face of him having zero magic growth in Fates. But we can ignore that~)! And yes, using refreshers for more than support is always the best.

17 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Do wait for someone specifically? Do you want to merge Tiki? 

Christmas and New Year are mostly just assuming that there might be character I like. (also seasonals are always high in priority.) I am hoping the RD banner will feature Laguz and bring in both Tibarn and Reyson, so I can have my four biggest Tellius faves in the game (Micaiah and Sanaki already being here). While I do have Summer!Tiki, I don't have her Legendary version yet, so that's who I am aiming for the most. Will probably miss out on a bunch of these but oh well.

@mcsilas Yeah, thanks. They really know which enemy types can trip up a lot of teams. 

It's a pretty big disappointment, especially since it happened twice in a row, but I still know my Takumis are pretty great for making it so far. Even dealing with Garon and Aversa that had similar trappings. Maybe by the time these maps come around again, I'll be better prepared to handle it. Intsys just needs to be a little more generous with their seals.   

I have completed all difficulties with a team of Tharja, Rein, dark Azura, and Camilla. Camilla helped the most by buffing everyone and tanking the manaketes. Overall I had more problems with the map than the recent ghb, but I have overcome the challenge one again.