SSB Ultimate Spoiler Thread

Perkilator

17 minutes ago, Ashen Jedi said:

More leggings! Lmao 

It seems the Tweet has been deleted because nothing's showing up. 

It could just be on my end but every other Tweet in this thread is showing up properly.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This big boy hits really hard. Also, for those that don't know, instead of, "The winner is...X!" Xander now announces the winner as, "X wins!" but the way the battle pans, it favors the Smash 4 victory announcement.

13 hours ago, Armagon said:

It seems the Tweet has been deleted because nothing's showing up. 

It could just be on my end but every other Tweet in this thread is showing up properly.

9 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

It's beleted for me too.

Well basically they added leggings to Dawn from Pokemon too.

Just because I happen to be watching this at the moment, but...when I heard Simon's voice actor from Judgement was going to reprise his role in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, I had my misgivings. It seems I was correct, not because I feel it's a bad voice actor, but only because Simon sounds a bit too young, and nowhere near gruff enough for an incarnation that looks like a Barbarian. I honestly would have preferred they pen Alec Newman or something like that.

52 minutes ago, Dai said:

Just because I happen to be watching this at the moment, but...when I heard Simon's voice actor from Judgement was going to reprise his role in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, I had my misgivings. It seems I was correct, not because I feel it's a bad voice actor, but only because Simon sounds a bit too young, and nowhere near gruff enough for an incarnation that looks like a Barbarian. I honestly would have preferred they pen Alec Newman or something like that.

Well to be fair Simon is only 22.

25 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Poor Lucas. You'd think Viridi would be nice to him

I love how Pit 

Hide contents

has a Pikachu named Pika-Pit...and apparently was really bad at taking care of him. 

I love all the shade thrown around in this video.

15 hours ago, Dai said:

Just because I happen to be watching this at the moment, but...when I heard Simon's voice actor from Judgement was going to reprise his role in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, I had my misgivings. It seems I was correct, not because I feel it's a bad voice actor, but only because Simon sounds a bit too young, and nowhere near gruff enough for an incarnation that looks like a Barbarian

If anything, I'm glad that he doesn't sound as gruff as what I'm used to hearing from Keith Silverstein. 

So lots of of the pros have gone silent which probably means most of them have pirated the game, for those of us who are planning on being compeitive in any fashion, the work is cut out for us. 

Big guys got headstarts, gotta work harder than ever.

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

So lots of of the pros have gone silent which probably means most of them have pirated the game, for those of us who are planning on being compeitive in any fashion, the work is cut out for us. 

Something about pro players pirating just sounds so wrong to me. Like athletes taking steroids.

1 hour ago, Dai said:

Something about pro players pirating just sounds so wrong to me. Like athletes taking steroids.

Agreed, unfortunately there's nothing that can be done about it unless the community can prove beyond reasonable doubt that they are indeed pirating the game. While going silent on the internet in mass is pretty suspicious, it's not hard evidence of piracy. People go offline for periods of time for many different reasons that are always bad things, but if they get caught I hope they are banned from tournament play for an extend period of time, anywhere between 2 months and a year sounds fair to me.

6 hours ago, Jedi said:

This sounds like jumping to conclusions to me.

Pros playing Smash Ultimate early? I'm telling Nintendo...

But yeah, I think you're crazy if you're one of those guys and not grinding that game this past week. It's not like there are any Smash 4 nationals this time of year. Even my friend has had a few hours with a pirated copy at a party, it's not hard at all to set up. Now avoiding legal action under the User Agreement, that's the big question mark. 

"But bro, you're telling me you were in Mexico the day of...?"

It's a shame, I can say with my limited experience Smash Ultimate is a very different game from 4. Character movement is faster than any previous game. Frame Data is on par if not better than Melee despite the lack of L-Cancels, A lot of characters have more free form combos than what was possible in 4 due to the improved speed of air to ground to air again transitions, the old Run > Shield hit and run style of neutral of the previous two games is going to be a thing of the past. It would have been exciting for everybody to start simultaneously at "level 1" with such a large roster and aggressive mechanics. 

I don't know for sure if I'll be bothering with a Nintendo Online subscription for a while. I'd like to give the single player modes their fair share of usage before diving into online, unless of course online play also offers rewards/content.

However, remembering back to when SSB4 was fresh, the SF tournaments and general online play was pretty fun and a good time, so that's a plus towards paying for the online subscription for me.