SSB Ultimate Spoiler Thread

Perkilator

On 12/5/2018 at 9:04 AM, Armagon said:

Can't find the video at the moment but grabbing Diddy while he's holding a banana causes the grabber to slip, allowing Diddy to get in a free hit.

LONG LIVE THE HOO HAH, BABY!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Tharja has a full portrait. When are we getting the Awakening characters full portraits. That was not in the artbooks, odd.

If Camilla and Mythra are any indication, they probably used her Awakening portrait since it censored her boobs for them. Tharja did have her trophy completely cut from Smash 4, after all. That, and I think it's rather clear at this point Nintendo didn't want a T rating for Ultimate.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

If Camilla and Mythra are any indication, they probably used her Awakening portrait since it censored her boobs for them. Tharja did have her trophy completely cut from Smash 4, after all. That, and I think it's rather clear at this point Nintendo didn't want a T rating for Ultimate.

I'm saying that her Awakening portrait show up to her chest. This art is up to her legs that to my recollection was never shown before. Curious about that part.

8 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

I'm saying that her Awakening portrait show up to her chest. This art is up to her legs that to my recollection was never shown before. Curious about that part.

In that case, I don't have any better ideas than you do. That is a bit interesting.

Wow, characters really unlock like flies. I just tried out one spirit mode and got Zelda and just trying out K Rool a bit was enough to give me Ness. 

I'm...not a fan of the new pause menu. When you pressed pause in previous games you got a nice close up of your character but now it just shows the entire field and you got to zoom in on your character manually. It got some neat extra's like being to able to see your moves but I don't find that worth the cost. 

On 12/7/2018 at 5:40 PM, NinjaMonkey said:

The Pauline spirit battle can go and suck a bag of dicks. How they can expect anyone to do that is beyond me.

I remember doing that one...

Half the time with these really difficult spirit battles I win by a fluke.  Or I try to cheese the AI so that it kills itself.

That's exactly what I did with that goddamn Wooly Yoshi spirit battle - made me utterly despise Yoshi, but I cheesed it by jumping all the way to the far right cloud, letting them come to me, and then jumping off last second; most of them will have run out of mid-air jumps to use before the clouds all disappear so they'll just throw their eggs in vain as they plummet into the goddamn ether.

Don't remember exactly how the Pauline one went, but I think I got lucky.

I am having the HARDEST time beating Ganondorf in the Sigma (I don’t remember if this is his name-all I know is that Ganondorf is holding a beam sword and won’t stop slashing at me with it) Spirit Battle. Seriously I’ve fought the asshole 7 times (give or take) and gotten his percentage down to 20 and then he decides to activate his Final Smash and OHKO me. Any advice?

On 12/7/2018 at 4:40 PM, NinjaMonkey said:

The Pauline spirit battle can go and suck a bag of dicks. How they can expect anyone to do that is beyond me.

I had a lot of difficulty with that one.

Until I equipped the Cupid spirit to spawn in with a staff. Then you can beat it in 5 seconds.

9 hours ago, Eqstrian819 said:

I am having the HARDEST time beating Ganondorf in the Sigma (I don’t remember if this is his name-all I know is that Ganondorf is holding a beam sword and won’t stop slashing at me with it) Spirit Battle. Seriously I’ve fought the asshole 7 times (give or take) and gotten his percentage down to 20 and then he decides to activate his Final Smash and OHKO me. Any advice?

Use a character/spirit with ranged weaponry and keep your distance.

I just did it as Dr. Mario, shooting him with a Ray Gun and spamming pills at him once that ran out.

On 12/9/2018 at 1:27 PM, Eqstrian819 said:

I managed to beat it by jumping around him a lot.  I was insistent on using Marth for this one, I believe mostly because he was the only character I had at the time that I used regularly.  But if you jump on platforms to get behind him and then strike him a few times, he'll have a difficult time countering with that stupid sword, though you gotta be quick about it.

Alternatively, ranged is his worst enemy because he's so slow about coming at you.  He'll strongly favor trying to use smash attacks with the beam sword, which means he's mostly a flat-ground fighter.  Easy to attack him from a distance or to jump around him.

On 12/9/2018 at 3:27 PM, Eqstrian819 said:

I know I already quoted this earlier, but I just wanted to chime back in and say you should get used to Stamina matches against unflinching Ganondorfs- the M. Bison and Walhart matches are basically the same thing as the Sigma fight.

On 12/10/2018 at 12:54 AM, Anomalocaris said:

Use a character/spirit with ranged weaponry and keep your distance.

I just did it as Dr. Mario, shooting him with a Ray Gun and spamming pills at him once that ran out.

5 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

I managed to beat it by jumping around him a lot.  I was insistent on using Marth for this one, I believe mostly because he was the only character I had at the time that I used regularly.  But if you jump on platforms to get behind him and then strike him a few times, he'll have a difficult time countering with that stupid sword, though you gotta be quick about it.

Alternatively, ranged is his worst enemy because he's so slow about coming at you.  He'll strongly favor trying to use smash attacks with the beam sword, which means he's mostly a flat-ground fighter.  Easy to attack him from a distance or to jump around him.

Perfect, thank you both. Finally managed to beat him! 

4 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

I know I already quoted this earlier, but I just wanted to chime back in and say you should get used to Stamina matches against unflinching Ganondorfs- the M. Bison and Walhart matches are basically the same thing as the Sigma fight.

...Great.

14 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

Man, Sakurai must either really love or really hate Uncle Nando.

That, or Nando happens to look most similar to a lot of villains out of the entire cast of Smash.

Apparently, I can't for the life of me find Richter anywhere, and he's the only one I haven't awakened in WoL. I figured he'd be at Dracula's Castle, as it's currently the only warp location I don't have started, yet as thoroughly as I could, I literally do not see him anywhere. Help?

10 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Apparently, I can't for the life of me find Richter anywhere, and he's the only one I haven't awakened in WoL. I figured he'd be at Dracula's Castle, as it's currently the only warp location I don't have started, yet as thoroughly as I could, I literally do not see him anywhere. Help?

Banish all the purple ghosty dudes in Dankula's Castle and he'll show up.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm curious. Has anyone found the Spirits of Rex and ESPECIALLY Hades on the world of light map? Where are they and what's their gimmick?

Dunno about hades but I found rex in the dark realm and his gimmick is a lava floor in a fight with shulk and Lucina 

I'm curious. Has anyone found the Spirits of Rex and ESPECIALLY Hades on the world of light map? Where are they and what's their gimmick?

Don’t know about Hades, but I’m pretty sure Rex is in the Dark World. Don’t remember the exact place though.

11 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

Banish all the purple ghosty dudes in Dankula's Castle and he'll show up.

That checks out. Much appreciated.

Hades  isn't in any Adventure map. I believe his gimmick was that [Ganondorf]'s giant and.... Something else that I'm not remembering

7 minutes ago, Motendra said:

That checks out. Much appreciated.

Hades  isn't in any Adventure map. I believe his gimmick was that [Ganondorf]'s giant and.... Something else that I'm not remembering

Hades not in world of light. So he's only in Spirit board? Oof, you'd think Sakurai would treat his baby better.

35 minutes ago, Jingilator said:

Hey, remember that part of the August Smash Direct where there was a silhouette of Kid Dracula? Does he ever show up?

Pretty sure it’s just an easter egg aside kf his spirit.

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Hades not in world of light. So he's only in Spirit board? Oof, you'd think Sakurai would treat his baby better.

He specifically noted back in Smash 4 that he was aware of the KI bias claims and shot them down himself (Nintendo designed the cover of the 3DS version and he had no say in it, with the amount of enemies and trophies from KI being featured in it due to them being ready made assets that could be imported over). Magnus was also cut as an AT; in general, Sakurai seems to avoid trying to be biased towards his own work.