SSB Ultimate Spoiler Thread

Perkilator

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

But her alternate self Homura does wear black.

Both of them have a little bit of black to begin with but not enough to clash with their color aesthetics. 

18 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

In any case, I doubt the game had any ambition of ever being taken seriously in the first place. Otherwise they wouldn't make their main characters look like hentai rejects.

I really don't want to do this again. It already spiraled out of hand in the DLC thread a few weeks ago.

All i'm gonna say is that what you said is objectively wrong. Maybe properly research or better yet, play the game first.

Do not actually debate me on this, i'm tired of this petty argument that is 100% outdated because most people who have actually played the game and still don't like the designs only see the designs as a minor inconvience. 

9 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Codename S.T.E.A.M. got only one spirit with even Shantae and Shovel Knight getting two each. Ouch.

Shovel Knight actually has five. The Order of No Quarter knights who got their own campaigns (Plague, Specter and King; they're numbers 1256-1258 in the Pastebin list) got spirits too, they're just much further down the list from where Shovel and Shield are.

44 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Both of them have a little bit of black to begin with but not enough to clash with their color aesthetics. 

I really don't want to do this again. It already spiraled out of hand in the DLC thread a few weeks ago.

All i'm gonna say is that what you said is objectively wrong. Maybe properly research or better yet, play the game first.

Do not actually debate me on this, i'm tired of this petty argument that is 100% outdated because most people who have actually played the game and still don't like the designs only see the designs as a minor inconvience. 

I didn't actually debate anything yet. All I did was to point out that there is plenty of black in Homura's design and that they are the same person. Which is 100% true. And I don't think that Homura has any less black then this updated design in Smash too.

Everything afterwards is merely saying that a little bit of extra black isn't going to matter much when the designs look like a complete joke in the first place. You just called those laughable designs a "minor inconvenience". So what does a little bit of extra black do by comparison?

And I've seen plenty of hentai. So I think I did enough research in that regard.

Edit:

@Tybrosion

I see. I did a little bit of text search to account for that possibility, but I guess I wasn't throughout enough. Double ouch then.

Edit2:

Although in the European version of Codename STEAM they did censor the names of the characters. Sorta. They don't use the full names in speech bubbles and whatnot, even though the actual voice acting still uses them. It's weird. In any case, I suppose it's possible that certain legal concerns might play a role here. And why would Nintendo jump through any hops for Codename S.T.E.A.M.? No one cares about that game. :cry:

Edited by BrightBow

12 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

All I did was to point out that there is plenty of black in Homura's design

Which i acknlowdged.

12 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

You just called those laughable designs a "minor inconvenience".

Learn to read. I said that those who have played the game and didn't like the designs only see them as a minor inconvience. I personally never called them that because i don't see them as such. I see it as a good but not great design because unlike you, i'm capable of handling a bit of fanservice. I'm only upset at the censorship because it's a poor edit, both in general and aesthetic. I'm actually fine with Camilla's.

End of discussion. Last time someone started bitching about the designs was in the Smash DLC Predictions thread and it spiraled out of control to the point where mods threatened to lock it. Why you started bitching about the designs is beyond me. You could've just said "hey Pyra has black too" but instead you went full GameFaqs mode for reasons i don't understand.

*steps in censored gaming drivel* Ugh, is anybody going to pick this crap up?

Confirmed unlock methods for characters outside of WoL, and suggested method for obtaining as many as possible as quickly as possible. Passing this tidbit on from from our speedrunning discord.

6 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

*steps in censored gaming drivel* Ugh, is anybody going to pick this crap up?

Confirmed unlock methods for characters outside of WoL, and suggested method for obtaining as many as possible as quickly as possible. Passing this tidbit on from from our speedrunning discord.

Not a fan of the randomized unlocks but whatever. The 10 minute cooldown isn't a big deal since you can work around it through the system settings anyway.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Learn to read. I said that those who have played the game and didn't like the designs only see them as a minor inconvience. I personally never called them that because i don't see them as such. I see it as a good but not great design because unlike you, i'm capable of handling a bit of fanservice. I'm only upset at the censorship because it's a poor edit, both in general and aesthetic. I'm actually fine with Camilla's.

End of discussion. Last time someone started bitching about the designs was in the Smash DLC Predictions thread and it spiraled out of control to the point where mods threatened to lock it. Why you started bitching about the designs is beyond me. You could've just said "hey Pyra has black too" but instead you went full GameFaqs mode for reasons i don't understand.

Insults and strawmen. Cute. Also note how you referred as your own issues with the edits as being "upset" while me and apparently other people who are not fans of the designs are "bitching". Yeah, can't see why anything would "spiral out of control" with you involved.

And again, I didn't actually discuss anything. I gave points of consideration. Take them or leave them. It's that simple.

Edit:

@Glennstavos

Definitely makes me glad that the Switch is a portable console. Plenty of opportunity to play the game in short bursts that way. If I play the game like I did with the 3DS one, this should work out well enough.

Edited by BrightBow

:facepalm: This stuff again?

DQj9quNVwAE5JzT.jpg

Anyways...

3 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

When they mentioned "streamlined unlocks", I expected them to be... well, I guess this is kinda streamlined, but the whole "may or may not be random" deal and 10 minute buffer just throws me off. Why not have a combination of specific unlocks, quick and early unlocks via WoL, and an ingame shop or something that lets you spend the gold you get on characters if you really want to get that favorite early?

Huh

Ds-EVl7U0AA9uTX.jpg

HUH

Chrom really was a last minute addition, wasn't he? Not only does the game act like Chrom isn't playable but his neutral special is called Flare Blade.......despite not having any fire.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:
HUH

Chrom really was a last minute addition, wasn't he? Not only does the game act like Chrom isn't playable but his neutral special is called Flare Blade.......despite not having any fire.

Man, Chrom is just embarassingly last-minute. I'm kinda hoping they at least patch the game to fix some of the stuff between him and Robin, it looks really bad as-is.

26 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Man, Chrom is just embarassingly last-minute. I'm kinda hoping they at least patch the game to fix some of the stuff between him and Robin, it looks really bad as-is.

I think there will be a day one patch but yeah, i do hope this gets fixed.

Someone link me to the Palutena Guidance on Robin. If it's exactly the same as the one in Smash 4, i'm gonna hit something.

17 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Nah, in this instance it's actually Robin who got borked. They can apparently say their Lucina-specific lines after defeating Marth as well.

Yep.

Between stuff like this, the stagebuilder data in the game, and everything we've known prior, I honestly think they bit off more than they could chew with Ultimate and it's got a case of Christmas rush to it.

Edited by The DanMan

2 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Yep.

Between stuff like this, the stagebuilder data in the game, and everything we've known prior, I honestly think they bit off more than they could chew with Ultimate and it's got a case of Christmas rush to it.

I can *barely* hear that. I hear Lucina, but that's it. It sounds like a garbled mess.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

I wouldn't worry about this too much. Smash Wii U was also in a really sorry state on it's initial release. Plenty of crashes and glitches, especially in classic mode. But they did a fine job fixing all of that.

I don't recall much of it. All I really remember is the like, banned for a hundred years thing.

6 minutes ago, Dai said:

I don't recall much of it. All I really remember is the like, banned for a hundred years thing.

I wish Miiverse was still up so I could post that image of DK's REALLY long face. On one of my runs one part of DK's face got stuck in one place. The rest of the body was still free to move around. Since the body stayed connected to the face, this was not a pretty sight.

In any case, Classic Mode crashed a ton. Not sure if I saw crashes outside of that mode.

Edited by BrightBow