Chaos reigns when I take the reins! - Let's play Tear Ring saga, Ironman mode, while being terrible at Fire Emblem!

Saint Rubenio

On 12/10/2018 at 7:01 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, never played II or Echoes, so... can't really speak of those. The map design looks really unappealing, that's about it.

If you're going to play a version, SoV is cleaner, the game's a it more balanced and the presentation is just top tier.

As for map design issues, oh boy some of these maps are kind of out there. You'll accept boring over some of the more absurd crap the game pulls.

Cool, but still, my phone's been nearing critical mass for as long as I can remember, so...

Thing is? Mine already did. I had to switch to Data lite mode and results were not pretty.

Worse still, I've no idea how big it'll be because 3.0 is tonight.

A lot worse?! That's more than Physic gets!

Is it really that broken? You can't use it on your entire force endlessly.

Cavalier. The bad knight things will come later.

That's the thing with FE, Cavs being knights and Knights not always being knights.

Kaga made things more confusing and that lack of clarity still hasn't been fixed.

Eugen: God of Sass

I have no idea how Heroes stats look like so... stats. Insert funny jokes involving Eugen's hilarity.

He'd probably have armour bases while being on a horse somehow.

Thanks! Have one in return.

k9BVYry.png

This is getting out of hand. Now there are two of them!

Good luck! As always, a few days have passed and you may've already gotten through it, but eh...

As a matter of fact, I'm just before the final boss.

To be blunt, the endgame boss was hard enough in the original and in this playthrough I'm lower level than I was for that or the remaining bonus bosses that I haven't already barely beaten (And that's not even counting the superboss I can't even fight because I'd need New Game+ and I've only gotten the game legit about 2 weeks ago). Guess I'm off to grind off past bosses to pick up all the good equipment I hadn't stolen yet because being freely able to time travel allows you to do that.

I'd kind of been putting it off because I'd played before, but I'm really noticing the difficulty with minimal grind. I've also been noticing other flaws, some there before, others newly added (Because there's new content). Still a real good game (and one where a betrayal isn't a meme (Thanks Fates!) but is actually kind of harrowing and the newly added voice acting doesn't hurt).

I admire your dedication.

Error: Dedication not found. Please try again some other time.

0zFk3fj.png ...goodness gracious, that's incredibly harsh! I don't know what to think about it... so, this is the other side of Eugen that I've been ignoring until now: he's a bit of a bloodthirsty dick. Whether he's right or not, I'll let you draw your own conclusions. He makes some solid points, but... damn, it's a bit difficult to take this kind of stuff in the same series where people take their time to talk their problems away in the middle of a battle to the death. Life's unfair, that's the lesson here.

I'd forgotten this was the case. There really was enough flags though.

It's clear that Eugen is not concerned for those who might be left devastated, regardless of guilt.

LRWwhwO.pngBeyond Gram lies an ancient temple dedicated to Mars, god of wind and water, built long before the Kingdom of Wellt was established.

0zFk3fj.png Actually, Mars was the Roman god of war. Thanks, Wikipedia. No thanks to you, game.

Worse, Mars tends not to be associated with wind or water in other media when it has some elemental connotations. It's usually Fire.

Why Kaga picked it like this is anyone's guess.

xQunKTk.png There you have it. Those terrible scars he has? They aren't just an arbitrary design choice: they're directly connected to his backstory. Garo's not this game's deepest character, but what he has is pretty damn good. I like him a lot just for this one conversation. Also, he now has 15% more hit, so those nasty 50% potshots should no longer be as much of a bother. Handy!

There are plenty of other more generic characters anyway for this game, it's nice to see someone who won't get a massive amount of material get their turn.

3314YSA.png

IfRBMws.png ...

IfRBMws.png ...the fact that your name is "Martel" is still a huge turn-off. Ugh!

0zFk3fj.png Not to mention, knowing Kaga, you're probably 14.

You know, you're probably right.

I'm kind of comparing to Florina actually and considering Tearring and Berwick are games which IS have been accused of ripping off of before.....

vUN6DQJ.pngWe were intending to bring Lady Enteh back to the temple ourselves, actually. I must say, I never would've guessed that a Pegasus Knight would come for her! Are you going to fly her back to the temple?

xQunKTk.png Minor detail, but I like how Eugen doesn't capitalize the "t"s of his "temple"s. Still giving no fucks, I see. Keep it up, it's quite invigorating.

No gods, no kings, only Eugen?

Is Eugen secretly atheist?

0VmT2jK.png

5zqBL7l.pngHuh...?

hTMofYU.png Did he just call her fat?! This man!

That or he said she's bad at taking care of her pegasus.

Either way he's out to insult her.

Edited by Dayni

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

0zFk3fj.png ...goodness gracious, that's incredibly harsh! I don't know what to think about it... so, this is the other side of Eugen that I've been ignoring until now: he's a bit of a bloodthirsty dick. Whether he's right or not, I'll let you draw your own conclusions. He makes some solid points, but... damn, it's a bit difficult to take this kind of stuff in the same series where people take their time to talk their problems away in the middle of a battle to the death. Life's unfair, that's the lesson here.

Alas, such is the fate of the enemy who fights on a "Rout" map and isn't pretty enough to be recruitable...

In all seriousness, yeah, it's a pretty bad situation with no real good solution all around. While I certainly think that Eugen is being too harsh, with the leverage Codha had over Eritz it's hard to imagine just talking it out would have done much good even had Runan known the circumstances beforehand.

IfRBMws.png No! Don't let him in, Eisenbach! Begone from here, Brilliant Dumbass! Don't you dare ruin this game for me! Vade retro, vade retr--

3314YSA.png

If I had any spriting ability, I'd be tempted to edit Florina's hair recolored (as per Dayni's comparison of this Martel to her) onto Brilliant Dumbass Martel's head and post it here. Luckily, I don't. You're spared for the time being.

tN4k68u.pngEugen, we can't get her mixed up in this...

No, Runan!! Don't try to get good units to not join us! You don't hate good units, do you?

(Actually, given that his christmas cavs are average instead of top-tier like they usually are, maybe that shouldn't be surprising...)

Edited by Ruminant
sent slightly too early

On 12/10/2018 at 2:01 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

As a man who left college after 3 months, I must say, you're a lot more dedicated than I was. I'm happy for you, I guess.

Second final done, one more to go, and then I'm pretty much done with the semester this Thursday. Yay!

I've written a college paper in a week before, and it was such a harrowing experience that I vowed never to do it again. And what do you know? Two years later, I write a college paper in a week. And it was once again a harrowing experience.

jd4MBlk.png

Ironically, I am now expecting a plethora of Merlinus memes to come out of this lets play, and I don't think anyone is complaining.

I played a solid 30~ hours of it and I can definitely recommend it. I actually was quite fond of the Steel Judoka. They were such a hilarious sight to behold.

I've noticed that the Steel Judoka are mentioned a lot when discussing the game, and for good reason. They show that just moving a vek a tile or two can do a lot more than a powerful weapon at avoiding collateral damage and killing the enemy. The Rusting Hulks are still my favorite squad, though. I love canceling enemy attacks left and right, as well as how much the role of the Pulse mech expands once you give it the shield upgrades.

In all fairness, despite not getting the exp-fodder bandit chapter, she still is very easy to train, and by the time the first hard chapters start to come up, she'll be up to speed, easy.

On 12/10/2018 at 3:30 PM, BrightBow said:

Edit:

@Hawkwing 

While training Sasha to level 10 is a bit of a nuisance, it's not actually needed. All it means is that she learns Elite. She can promote at any level provided one gets the promotion item. And even without Elite being a Pegasus Knight in this game is pretty damn amazing. They are probably even better then the class line ever has been in the Fire Emblem games. And that's before their promotion.

Of course if one fails to get her promotion item, the game will just mercilessly leave her as a useless princess for the entire game.

I see. I suppose I'm tired of trainees units getting the short end of the stick most of the time in these games.

C'mon, dude, play Shadow Dragon! Don't listen to Gamefaqs, it's good. Ergh, after you apply Cirosan's patches.

Oh I definitely want to. If only to see Marths story with its purple prose writing, as well as to see how the "kill characters to unlock side missions" thing worked in practice (I think it's an interesting idea of preventing classic mode from becoming unwinnable while still punishing the player for loosing units. However, I'd like to see what it did right and wrong before making an definite argument about it). I just need to actually get around to finding and buying the game at a reasonable price.

For the record, I have tried Book 1 of the original Mystery of the Emblem before. I had fun with it, and I still think it has the best handling of permadeath in the series, but I will not lie that I eventually grew bored of the game. I think reclassing and a skip button might do wonders to alleviate that.

Hah. Now that's a solid argument if I've ever seen one. A certain someone from Miles Edgeworth Investigations would be proud.

Thank you. And know I'm reminded I need to try the Ace Attorney games at some point.

Then there's Marlon, who seems to be a nice guy, except he's an overpowered General who doesn't feel like going to fight against a bunch of weak-ass bandits. Maybe he really isn't as great as people say he is...

He's probably tired of grinding and having to re-buy weapons whenever they break.

Interesting way to look at it.

I mostly said that because of the way that bandit is looking at her.

You could've made a joke about how it's very unwise to give flip off to someone who is holding a book.

You're right. And the joke could work even if they don't know magic. It's especially unwise to do it to a priest.

And Codha, what does Codha mean? "Thick spear"?

Didn't find anything for "Codha", but "Coda" is the concluding section of a piece of music, a dance, an event, a remark, or a section. "Koda" means "The Ally", "Little Bear", or "Friend".

Gotta love how noone has any issues with Sid, but everyone manages to find a new, different issue with Wrys. Still, not last LP's Wrys, not last LP's Wrys...

Probably because there are several pieces of artwork that one could choose to compare with Wyrs, while Sid is a generic soldier, but with depth, and he looks the part well.

It's said that this game's what Kaga would've wanted Gaiden to be, had he had more robust hardware than the NES to use.

Interesting. I found the the story of the original Gaiden could be surprisingly subtle when it wanted to, and managed to subvert or deconstruct several tropes that became common later in the series. Whenever the story wanted to be complex, though, the game fell flat on its face. Gameplaywise, it still holds up today, it's just that its slower than a turtle pace kills a lot of the enjoyment of trying to play it today.

I'll now be keeping my eyes peeled for comparisons of this game and Gaiden.

Dew it. It's grea-- okay, no, it's a lot worse than FE6 or what we have of this one, but I'm still quite fond of it, if only because I got to record that absolutely amazing glitch (which I have never, ever seen anywhere else in the internet, by the way. Just my luck) and the fact that Kris can, in fact, be bad in FE12. Also, deaths. A lot of deaths. Still, don't expect that much: half the updates I didn't have any ideas and just went with whatever I came up with first, which was usually a really smart jab at how I didn't have any ideas.

Guess I now know what I can look forward too.

I suppose, but it would still be nice to be able to mark single tiles for other reasons.

Agreed. The "click on enemy to show range" covers a lot of bases, but not all of them.

Don't apologize, I like longer replies. Gives me more stuff to read when I wake up.

Good to hear. Sounds like a win-win or all sides.

That honestly reminds me of the main factor that greys the story of the Lord of the Rings; Each side knows the other doesn't take prisoners, so neither side shows mercy to their enemies.

There's also the sayings of "those who live by the sword, die by the sword" and "you reap what you sow".

Needless to say, there's good reason why there are so many rules regarding what is and isn't a war crime regarding surrendered parties.

LRWwhwO.pngBeyond Gram lies an ancient temple dedicated to Mars, god of wind and water, built long before the Kingdom of Wellt was established.

0zFk3fj.png Actually, Mars was the Roman god of war. Thanks, Wikipedia. No thanks to you, game.

I forgot to make a comment about Mars earlier. Also, the Greeks and Romans didn't have a god of both wind and water. Heck, the Romans didn't even have a wind god.

This is another case of choosing a foreign name just because it sounds cool, isn't it?

IfRBMws.png Why, you... stop being so Roy! Why is it that the mere mention of a Gotoh makes everyone suddenly turn dumber?!

With the (arguable) exception of Mycen. Although that might be because he ninja's his way in and out of the plot at will.

rbi9uW7.png

I would ask how such a hairstyle is physically possible, but then remembered that Mount and Blade has it as an option.

xBMPr0a.png

So... You can refuse to hear the conversation? Does this cancel the support bonus, or is it just to save time from reading a lot?

xQunKTk.png There you have it. Those terrible scars he has? They aren't just an arbitrary design choice: they're directly connected to his backstory. Garo's not this game's deepest character, but what he has is pretty damn good. I like him a lot just for this one conversation. Also, he now has 15% more hit, so those nasty 50% potshots should no longer be as much of a bother. Handy!

Interesting. I've lost count of how many games, movies, etc. give characters awesome scars and eyepatches yet don't bother to explain how they got it. Probably because it's easier to draw a line on someone than it is to explain how they survived a slash to the head or a gash to the body when the entire point of a fight is to, you know, kill your enemy.

Also, obligatory reminder that I have a badass back scar, and I will bring it up whenever I get the chance.

I didn't even remember that you are given an option in the Garo scene. Seems like all this does is to prevent this event from occurring. Which would be fine in theory but it's not like you see this in any other event. I do recall two other scenes were you are given a choice, but there it actually made sense. Here this just feels very arbitrary.

But come to think of it, later in the game there are other ways to prevent events from occurring. For this one, if there wasn't a question one would need to either kill of Garo or Julia. So maybe that's the reason.

Not that there is much practical reason to prevent these events. But they do affect the Epilogue. There seems to be a zillion variations to that. So maybe skipping this event prevents Julia and Garo from being railroaded into one particular variation.

Edited by BrightBow

Good to see that the Generic Cavaliers aren't so generic after all!

That being said, Sylphis' name immediately reminded me of syphilis.  Hence why Esther is my spirit animal. :P:

On 12/7/2018 at 4:32 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

There's a Jeigan in WoW? Wow.

No, wait, I just googled it, I think I just found your own personal character instead...

...I know next to nothing about WoW, why do you ask?

Yeah I'd just named my personal character for the longest time that, indeed after FE Jeigan, and again it kind of became what I was known by even when I stopped playing the character.

It's not that great. The time you'd save coding, you'd spend transcribing. I really am only doing it so that it takes less hours to load everything. Might just be my internet, but damn is reading my FE6 LP painful. I mean, more so than it already is by itself.

Still, I may give it a try at some point since I have to write it out anyways. Does it take forever to load stuff on mine outta curiosity?

Smash has always been more of a Singleplayer experience for me, with the ocassional couch multi since I started actually inviting people over to my house last year. I guess I'm one of those weirdoes. Really, all I need in a smash game is for the bots to be competent: the better the bots are, the more fun I have and the longer it lasts. Everything on top of that is just a bonus. I've heard some really damn good things about this game's bots, and I'd take a better classic mode and World of Light over the coliseum any day, so... heck, this may just be the Ultimate Smash, after all! Now all that remains is to see whether Luigi is as bad as people say he is. If he isn't, it'll be perfect.

That's fair, though even when I've been less involved in playing competitively myself, I still enjoy keeping track of things and watching tournaments. Hoping this game proves at least halfway balanced so that there's good character variety.

It's sad that my Jeigans are doing better than the rest... not quite sure how to feel about it.

I mean Bors and probably Elinicia are my MVPs so far so I kinda feel ya?

It would be hard not to. It'd take a severe lack of a heart to dislike Eugen, and by then, you'd be dead, because humans can't live without a heart to pump blood!

Is it sad that the last part actually brings to mind a character from an anime who lived for a time without a heart beat?

That's really fun to say with no context. Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero is a good show though, and pretty short! I can recommend if you're ever looking for a random anime to watch.

Your middle name's Roger? That's good to know. I shall have to use Roger, then! Man, so many options... I can't make up my mind, so I guess we'll just have to wait for the game to do it for me with some good ol' slaughtering.

Hooray! Though don't let me pick the whole team now, let some others get in some input!

Yeah, another cool little thing that happens in this chapter is that, since Eritz was the one to bring the fight to us, he also gets the first turn. Neat, although since they're so far away, it doesn't really amount to much.

I kinda like that. FE Green actually does this one time, but it's during a sort of optional chapter anyway (you can basically re-do Chapter 15).

If you recall, this was the same guy with the ex issues in the first chapter who was trashtalking the queen for appointing Codha for His Chancellorness instead of Marlon. Like I said before, the game remembers things!

I also like this, though granted I feel like you don't see that many chapters in FE that take place in the same place to get you something like this.

...fuck yes, now it's even more satisfied! Skill, and even more defenses. I like it, I really do! Keep up the good work, and I will make sure you always reach the battlefield in time!

Keep it up Garo!

Since there's still one enemy left, I take no chances and heal Kreiss up with the physic. Don't worry, it's a lot more common in this game than you'd think it should be.

Reminding me briefly of PoR, and having so many Mend staves, and later Physics, just cause of stealing them.

Or maybe I'll just get sucky levels. That's also a possibility.

Ooh he has green hair, send him my way with those levels, he'll fit right in!

C9vtLWs.png

I say again, I love him for this.

Blistering barnacles... oh, well. You're still amazing, I'll give you some leeway.

Haha...ha...ha...ha.

Did he just call her fat?! This man!

He's seriously the best, I need him in more games.

What... what?! M-Ma-Martel!?!? No! Not him! Anyone but the Brilliant Dumbass! I KNEW I should've killed him harder! He survived, and now he's found a way to invade this game that I love so much!

I'm missing the reference here. Also, the name Martel takes me more to Tales of Symphonia.

Overall I really like the extra conversations they're giving people so far as well. Definitely interesting seeing this game so far, looking forward to seeing more of the cast!

Part 6 - Defying my expectations.

Good news, everyone! This part marks the first time Imgur has been shitty in this LP! I had to upload the update thrice, because once it felt like rearranging the whole thing, and the next it failed to upload half the pictures! Isn't that just positively flabbergasting? How could Imgur possibly not be good at its one job? Agh...

Still, gotta thank the captcha that too many images cause to appear, because on top of that, I missclicked and almost posted the update half-done. All I need now is to write everything outside of the spoiler box, and we'll have the Trinity of LPing Annoyance.

On 10/12/2018 at 9:32 PM, Dayni said:

If you're going to play a version, SoV is cleaner, the game's a it more balanced and the presentation is just top tier.

As for map design issues, oh boy some of these maps are kind of out there. You'll accept boring over some of the more absurd crap the game pulls.

I'm afraid that does not help.

Thing is? Mine already did. I had to switch to Data lite mode and results were not pretty.

Worse still, I've no idea how big it'll be because 3.0 is tonight.

Use Bluestacks, you fool!

Is it really that broken? You can't use it on your entire force endlessly.

To be fair, you do need to give up Narron. That totally balances things out if you're not me.

That's the thing with FE, Cavs being knights and Knights not always being knights.

Kaga made things more confusing and

Aaaaaaaand here we go, you did that "leave sentences half-done and forget to finish them" thing you sometimes do. First time in this thread, correct?

He'd probably have armour bases while being on a horse somehow.

He'd be worse than Reinhardt: on top of winning, he'd mock you. You, as in, the player him/herself.

This is getting out of hand. Now there are two of them!

How did this happen? We're smarter than this!

As a matter of fact, I'm just before the final boss.

To be blunt, the endgame boss was hard enough in the original and in this playthrough I'm lower level than I was for that or the remaining bonus bosses that I haven't already barely beaten (And that's not even counting the superboss I can't even fight because I'd need New Game+ and I've only gotten the game legit about 2 weeks ago). Guess I'm off to grind off past bosses to pick up all the good equipment I hadn't stolen yet because being freely able to time travel allows you to do that.

I'd kind of been putting it off because I'd played before, but I'm really noticing the difficulty with minimal grind. I've also been noticing other flaws, some there before, others newly added (Because there's new content). Still a real good game (and one where a betrayal isn't a meme (Thanks Fates!) but is actually kind of harrowing and the newly added voice acting doesn't hurt).

Good luck, mate. Give 'em hell!

Error: Dedication not found. Please try again some other time.

Such a shame.

I'd forgotten this was the case. There really was enough flags though.

It's clear that Eugen is not concerned for those who might be left devastated, regardless of guilt.

Poor Eritz's family. I sure hope that doesn't come back to bite us in the ass...

Worse, Mars tends not to be associated with wind or water in other media when it has some elemental connotations. It's usually Fire.

Why Kaga picked it like this is anyone's guess.

Maybe it's because Mars Lowell wears blue clothes and blue is the color commonly associated with water? It's anyone's guess at this point.

There are plenty of other more generic characters anyway for this game, it's nice to see someone who won't get a massive amount of material get their turn.

I can think of a few off the top of my head.

You know, you're probably right.

I'm kind of comparing to Florina actually and considering Tearring and Berwick are games which IS have been accused of ripping off of before.....

FE7 in particular consists of Tear Ring rip-offs, one after the other, so...

...I really should stop trashtalking FE7 just one of these days, should I not?

No gods, no kings, only Eugen?

Is Eugen secretly atheist?

It would not surprise me in the least.

That or he said she's bad at taking care of her pegasus.

Either way he's out to insult her.

That's Eugen for you: no pity for his enemies or his allies!

On 10/12/2018 at 9:45 PM, BrightBow said:

My money is on Eugen making shit up in order to trick her into fighting for them.

If so, he's one heck of a spontaneous philosopher. He makes up the finest lines just to get new units. Maybe he was meant to be the player surrogate, except Kaga knew most of his fans were adult pricks with a libido, not children.

On 11/12/2018 at 4:38 AM, Ruminant said:

Alas, such is the fate of the enemy who fights on a "Rout" map and isn't pretty enough to be recruitable...

Alas, poor Eritz and his huge forehead.

In all seriousness, yeah, it's a pretty bad situation with no real good solution all around. While I certainly think that Eugen is being too harsh, with the leverage Codha had over Eritz it's hard to imagine just talking it out would have done much good even had Runan known the circumstances beforehand.

It probably would've ended the same way, but it would've been nice to at least let him go without regrets.

If I had any spriting ability, I'd be tempted to edit Florina's hair recolored (as per Dayni's comparison of this Martel to her) onto Brilliant Dumbass Martel's head and post it here. Luckily, I don't. You're spared for the time being.

Yeah... spared...

No, Runan!! Don't try to get good units to not join us! You don't hate good units, do you?

(Actually, given that his christmas cavs are average instead of top-tier like they usually are, maybe that shouldn't be surprising...)

Hmmm... you may be on to something here... after all, he had no qualms with Esther or Julia joining the army, and they suck...

On 11/12/2018 at 10:27 PM, Hawkwing said:

Second final done, one more to go, and then I'm pretty much done with the semester this Thursday. Yay!

Good work! I did my last exam already, but we still have classes all next week, because... that's logical?

I've written a college paper in a week before, and it was such a harrowing experience that I vowed never to do it again. And what do you know? Two years later, I write a college paper in a week. And it was once again a harrowing experience.

Good ol' student promises. I, too, thought I wouldn't play any games in class, and, well, my highscore at Tetris is 186000. Until they blocked all the game websites I frequented, but they can't block my pendrive! Hah!

Ironically, I am now expecting a plethora of Merlinus memes to come out of this lets play, and I don't think anyone is complaining.

Heh... maybe.

I've noticed that the Steel Judoka are mentioned a lot when discussing the game, and for good reason. They show that just moving a vek a tile or two can do a lot more than a powerful weapon at avoiding collateral damage and killing the enemy. The Rusting Hulks are still my favorite squad, though. I love canceling enemy attacks left and right, as well as how much the role of the Pulse mech expands once you give it the shield upgrades.

Rusting hulks do seem to be pretty popular.

I see. I suppose I'm tired of trainees units getting the short end of the stick most of the time in these games.

Well, not this time, Sasha's considered to be excellent.

Oh I definitely want to. If only to see Marths story with its purple prose writing, as well as to see how the "kill characters to unlock side missions" thing worked in practice (I think it's an interesting idea of preventing classic mode from becoming unwinnable while still punishing the player for loosing units. However, I'd like to see what it did right and wrong before making an definite argument about it). I just need to actually get around to finding and buying the game at a reasonable price.

Buying? C'mon... at this point, the only person who'd benefit from that would be some speculator out there. Get an emulator and play without regrets. Or, get a Wii U and buy it there.

For the record, I have tried Book 1 of the original Mystery of the Emblem before. I had fun with it, and I still think it has the best handling of permadeath in the series, but I will not lie that I eventually grew bored of the game. I think reclassing and a skip button might do wonders to alleviate that.

FE3, I've heard, is pretty damn boring. I can't speak for how much truth there is to that statement, but for what it's worth, FE11 is a game I really like, and FE12... you guys know what I think of that one.

Thank you. And know I'm reminded I need to try the Ace Attorney games at some point.

Go ahead, they're fun. Probably the worst case of flashbacks overuse I've ever seen (there was a flashback to something that happened a minute ago once!) but they've cool plots. For the most part.

He's probably tired of grinding and having to re-buy weapons whenever they break.

Good point, actually. I'll give him a pass for now.

I mostly said that because of the way that bandit is looking at her.

Ah, I see.

You're right. And the joke could work even if they don't know magic. It's especially unwise to do it to a priest.

Yes, next thing you know, you'll be the new Hitler according to the internet.

Wait, no, what am I saying. That's if you flip off a woman.

Didn't find anything for "Codha", but "Coda" is the concluding section of a piece of music, a dance, an event, a remark, or a section. "Koda" means "The Ally", "Little Bear", or "Friend".

As well, "codo" in spanish means "elbow". It doesn't have any sort of meaningful correlation, but there, a fun fact.

Probably because there are several pieces of artwork that one could choose to compare with Wyrs, while Sid is a generic soldier, but with depth, and he looks the part well.

Guess that's the truth, but I insist that my current sprite of him looks better than his NES portrait. I know, easy target, but one needs to keep his self-esteem up somehow.

Interesting. I found the the story of the original Gaiden could be surprisingly subtle when it wanted to, and managed to subvert or deconstruct several tropes that became common later in the series. Whenever the story wanted to be complex, though, the game fell flat on its face. Gameplaywise, it still holds up today, it's just that its slower than a turtle pace kills a lot of the enjoyment of trying to play it today.

I remember reading a FE2 LP on the lparchive eons ago. All I can remember is how funny I found the name "Dozer" to be.

I'll now be keeping my eyes peeled for comparisons of this game and Gaiden.

You might not find that many, again, I am not the most knowledgable man when it comes to Gaiden. Still, maybe some others will draw those comparisons for me.

Guess I now know what I can look forward too.

More or less. There are some time-traveling shenanigans at the end that are even worse than those from Awakening.

Agreed. The "click on enemy to show range" covers a lot of bases, but not all of them.

All the game's bases belong to flags. Sorry, that's all I could think of.

Good to hear. Sounds like a win-win or all sides.

Sure does!

That honestly reminds me of the main factor that greys the story of the Lord of the Rings; Each side knows the other doesn't take prisoners, so neither side shows mercy to their enemies.

There's also the sayings of "those who live by the sword, die by the sword" and "you reap what you sow".

Needless to say, there's good reason why there are so many rules regarding what is and isn't a war crime regarding surrendered parties.

Then it's a good thing Eritz didn't surrender. All that paperwork would've been so annoying to transcribe...

I forgot to make a comment about Mars earlier. Also, the Greeks and Romans didn't have a god of both wind and water. Heck, the Romans didn't even have a wind god.

This is another case of choosing a foreign name just because it sounds cool, isn't it?

Eeeeyup. It doesn't even sound that cool, all it does is remind me of Mars Lowell, which isn't all that much of a good thing.

With the (arguable) exception of Mycen. Although that might be because he ninja's his way in and out of the plot at will.

Ah, yes, that's something I remember from the LP I read: Mycen teleported all over the continent and somehow managed to make it everywhere before Alm did. Then he joined and was a worse Zeke.

I would ask how such a hairstyle is physically possible, but then remembered that Mount and Blade has it as an option.

Aaaaaaahhh Mount and Blade. The game I played for 137 hours until it froze, and decided it was a brilliant idea to save the freezing state. I was so disheartened, to this day I haven't touched it again.

So... You can refuse to hear the conversation? Does this cancel the support bonus, or is it just to save time from reading a lot?

It cancels the support, as far as I know.

Interesting. I've lost count of how many games, movies, etc. give characters awesome scars and eyepatches yet don't bother to explain how they got it. Probably because it's easier to draw a line on someone than it is to explain how they survived a slash to the head or a gash to the body when the entire point of a fight is to, you know, kill your enemy.

Well, not here. They did a good job with Garo, at the very least.

Also, obligatory reminder that I have a badass back scar, and I will bring it up whenever I get the chance.

Oh hey. I have a feeling I might've heard of that one, but...

...I have a beard!

On 11/12/2018 at 11:02 PM, BrightBow said:

I didn't even remember that you are given an option in the Garo scene. Seems like all this does is to prevent this event from occurring. Which would be fine in theory but it's not like you see this in any other event. I do recall two other scenes were you are given a choice, but there it actually made sense. Here this just feels very arbitrary.

But come to think of it, later in the game there are other ways to prevent events from occurring. For this one, if there wasn't a question one would need to either kill of Garo or Julia. So maybe that's the reason.

That does sound like a reasonable reason. I'll accept it as LP canon.

Not that there is much practical reason to prevent these events. But they do affect the Epilogue. There seems to be a zillion variations to that. So maybe skipping this event prevents Julia and Garo from being railroaded into one particular variation.

Yeah, it's what made me decline Raffin's event later in my last run, I wanted to see the special ending. I was not disappointed.

On 11/12/2018 at 11:52 PM, eclipse said:

Good to see that the Generic Cavaliers aren't so generic after all!

Just a little. Arkis just has a bit of Rutger on top of the Sain.

That being said, Sylphis' name immediately reminded me of syphilis.  Hence why Esther is my spirit animal. :P:

Jesus Christ. Just you wait, this'll get even funnier when we get a certain something...

On 12/12/2018 at 11:50 PM, BrightBow said:

Come to think of it, "Sylphis"?

I wonder if the has the same name as that amazing Sniper from Berwick Saga. The site calls her Sylvis.

I wouldn't doubt it, honestly. Kaga's crazy enough to do that.

On 13/12/2018 at 12:29 PM, DestructionDragon360 said:

GEEZ!

GAH! WHAT?!

Over a week later and I finally finish update 2 and beyond! Would it be too much to ask that we start putting replies in a spoiler? It's gotten incredibly cumbersome scrolling through quote after quote after quote of people replying to each other V.V

That's fair, but I don't think you or I have the authority to force anyone to do anything. Although, I wouldn't recommend you to skip my replies to people. I try to be funny in there, too. You wouldn't want to miss on my very intelligent humor, now, would you? Would you?!

8 hours ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Yeah I'd just named my personal character for the longest time that, indeed after FE Jeigan, and again it kind of became what I was known by even when I stopped playing the character.

Did you help noobs out? I sure hope you did.

Still, I may give it a try at some point since I have to write it out anyways. Does it take forever to load stuff on mine outta curiosity?

Not really. A little bit when I'm home, but that's likely just my own internet.

That's fair, though even when I've been less involved in playing competitively myself, I still enjoy keeping track of things and watching tournaments. Hoping this game proves at least halfway balanced so that there's good character variety.

That's all right. I myself aren't much of a guy who enjoys sitting and watching competitive players, but that's just me. I am, after all, the kind of guy whose greatest disappointment with Ultimate was that they removed some of the less character-specific Mii outfits that I used to make my characters. I had to make Barlowe a brawler for the vampire garb because they removed the mage robes, but in hindsight, that only opened up a whole world of fun for me, and Albus already had the gunner covered, so there's that.

I mean Bors and probably Elinicia are my MVPs so far so I kinda feel ya?

But Bors is not a Jeigan, he's a Chinman.

Is it sad that the last part actually brings to mind a character from an anime who lived for a time without a heart beat?

That's really fun to say with no context. Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero is a good show though, and pretty short! I can recommend if you're ever looking for a random anime to watch.

I'm not much of an anime person (out of the few animes that I've watched, all but two I only did watch for my best friend), but eh, thanks for the recommendation.

Hooray! Though don't let me pick the whole team now, let some others get in some input!

Nobody else's asking for anyone (with one exception), so I might as well, while I still can.

I kinda like that. FE Green actually does this one time, but it's during a sort of optional chapter anyway (you can basically re-do Chapter 15).

I also like this, though granted I feel like you don't see that many chapters in FE that take place in the same place to get you something like this.

Then there's FE12 where you revisit half the maps in Shadow Dragon. Okay, no, not quite half of them, but still quite a lot.

Keep it up Garo!

Listen to the man, Garo.

Reminding me briefly of PoR, and having so many Mend staves, and later Physics, just cause of stealing them.

No stealing shenanigans here, but the game still rains down the physics on us.

Ooh he has green hair, send him my way with those levels, he'll fit right in!

Don't think you want Arkis in your game. He'd only be a source of negativity.

I say again, I love him for this.

Once again, who does not?

Haha...ha...ha...ha.

What? I thought it was pretty witty, myself.

He's seriously the best, I need him in more games.

Eugen for Smash, anyone?

I'm missing the reference here. Also, the name Martel takes me more to Tales of Symphonia.

For shame, man! It's a reference to the last LP! Well, I suppose I should enlighten you...

pv1C1i9g.png

Remember this? It's my tier list of all the throwaways in FE6! See the last one, somewhere down there? His name's Martel.

Overall I really like the extra conversations they're giving people so far as well. Definitely interesting seeing this game so far, looking forward to seeing more of the cast!

Be my guest, we've quite a bit of game ahead of us.

Spoiler

DPNENw0.png

Okay, so, the price of allegiance.

Oq0NrL0.pngUBSMs2k.png

Team, map. Team: Esther's out because I'm a sexist dick determined to give Krarkiss a chance (it doesn't quite roll off the tongue like Alance does, does it...) and her being level 4 means she can sort of afford to skip a chapter, Raffin's still not needed, so I'd rather get a chance to say Juliattisnacordst repeatedly, and Plum still sucks. Sorry, Eclipse.

Map: it's an interesting one. It looks rather mundane at first glance, just a boring slog through the forest. However, that will quickly change as the game starts springing surprises at us. We'll be seeing what they're all about on cue. Other than that, there are a couple houses to be visited, a few forts thay may or may not spawn reinforcements, and two Rogues (not to be confused for promoted Thieves from FE8, as this game's Rogues function exactly like standard FE Thieves. Well, FEDS that is, where they're the ones who raid villages and not Brigands... and to complicate matters further, this map's Rogues belong to the "Thief" faction... where was I, again?) that will make for the upper house. They're easy enough to stop. I have nothing more to say, so let's get moving, we've places to go.

Wait, I almost forgot.

YWX6X3E.png

The unit. Urgh... Martel... a-anyway, growths.

HP 45% - Strength 25% - Skill 35% - Speed 30% - Defense 20% - Magic 15% - Luck 55% - Mastery 35%

Martel's your standard earlygame Pegasus Knight. She's like if Sasha wasn't a trainee, which more or less makes her better right off the bat. Her base strength could use some work, but it's better than Julia's or Arkis's, and coupled with that speed, she makes Julia, Arkis and a few others completely obsolete. Besides, with her high magic, as soon as we get a magical sword, she'll be all set, and she's got access to lances to boot. Her growths are very average for this game, which is okay, they work fine.
What really seals the deal are her skills: we know Canto, but she's also got another, pretty damn great toy: the Vantage skill! It allows her to attack first no matter what so long as her speed is higher than her enemy's. Yep, that means exactly what you think it does: enemy phase becomes player phase. She's a great unit, and if you use her, she'll be great for a long time.
However, I am afraid I cannot use her. I mean, c'mon, she's called Martel. What, you want me to die of ranting? Fuck that noise, she's hitting the bench as soon as I have the chance to send her to it.

qDTCqFc.png

We move forward while Martel takes off. I don't want to use her if at all possible, but if I'm not fast enough the Thieves will ruin the house, and without Raffin here to make a beeline for it, she'll be our panic button.

evhTC3Z.png

Look at them. Human dross!

OyiIhSV.png0J8prdt.png

One turn transition later, and here's some text, just in case you've missed this beautiful, beautiful font these days since the last update.

vUN6DQJ.pngNorth of Gram... you mean the home of that hunter Raquel?

Qd8087b.pngYes, I heard about her from Sir Luca, one of Count Marlon's soldiers. Raquel is his elder sister, and she is a renowned archer in these parts.

0zFk3fj.png I have to wonder how Eugen, who has just arrived, knows about her, then. Maybe he's been keeping himself busy investigating all the beautiful ladies in the area? 'Cause that wouldn't surprise me, given his track record...

vUN6DQJ.pngCount Marlon told me of her skill as well,

xQunKTk.png Oh, okay.

vUN6DQJ.pngbut there's no use trying to recruit her. He's sent many a messenger to ask for her aid, but she's refused every one.

Qd8087b.pngHow come?

DwcK2Qf.png

Qd8087b.pngI see... Even so, I'd still like to talk to her.

Ahem. Hmph! Hack... hm. Okay. I'm ready. Hmmmmph...!

HINT HINT.

To73xk8.png

Reinforcements? So soon? It looks like they have something to say, as well...

tNjfMCO.png

Oh dear. The enemy phase battle theme even played for this very short sequence, which can only mean one thing: someone in our army's fucked.

Ah, but he's only a Navarre lookalike. How powerful could he possibly be? My disdain for this person is such, I won't even bother checking his stats. Maybe when he makes it to us.

SaPz00y.png

For now, let's keep moving. Funnily enough, both Kreiss and Arkis are in no danger at all, thanks to the forests impeding the Bowmen's movement. Hah!

IaAQ7hi.png

Lee, though... c'mon, man, that was less than a 50% chance, step up your g-- okay, don't, my other units are depressed enough as is, but still...

a5cqHHb.png

Very well, Kreiss, this is your chance to prove the readers wrong! Show them what you're capable of!

xw9wEDG.png

Hey, he did it. But he still has to level up.

0wpoj5R.png

G-G-GGGWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHT!?

That's absolutely amazing! Where's my jaw, I can't find it, ah who cares! That's even better than Sasha's own hilarious level! My God... well, now I just can't let you go, can I? You've proven yourself, it's only fair I give you a deployment slot! Whoa... great work, Kreiss. I'm proud of you! Now keep 'em coming.

bkOXgHF.png

Sadly, everything goes downhill after that. First off, Julia fails to Jeigan a guy for Arkis, but that's fine, he can double.

0ZWZ29B.pngVWP9w43.png

Oh! Nope! Doesn't matter, he blew his first shot. Arkis, my man, I'm afraid the thread you hang by is a lot thinner than that of Kreiss. Put your back into this!

CVyWPoM.png

Juliattisnacordst kills.

9IEXnRG.png6b3CM8z.png

Martel keeps moving towards the house. She'll be there next turn. Kreiss is hot on her trail, and will arrive shortly afterwards.

izw47BZ.png

Just like so. Look at that! He one-rounds this idiot! Arkis, writhe in jealousy!

010zlDy.pngT52JeXq.pngç

There! No terrorizing villagers for you, asshole!

HfwcrHG.png

Okay, you scrubs and Lee, try to keep up.

8Fk8t0b.png

Lee! Stop getting hit, that shield doesn't have infinite uses!

CCTnGrK.png3ddUF6o.pngpbBwglY.png

Oh hey, it worked this time around. He shall level up next time he fights. Fingers crossed! I'd like nothing more than to use the game's worst Cavaliers, for a change. It'd be so me!

KSpF7wJ.png

What's up, Roger?

u7eVqNx.png

nsbm6hd.png...

wDsFnYT.pngMel, I must go and lead the remaining troops. I promise I'll return, so you should stay...

nsbm6hd.pngFine, I won't try to stop you. But, if you're going, then so am I. I'll watch your back!

cHTtgjl.png

Did that irresponsible boss just leave the gate unguarded? Well... ain't that convenient. I think it should be pretty obvious what we need to do in order to spare Roger and Mel. However, this won't quite be a Dougy situation, for reasons we'll find out in due time.

cehZjTF.png

For now, let's try talking some sense into this Raquel.

y5iGtel.png

Is that the swaggiest conversation portrait ever or what?

Wayjq0c.pngHow good of an archer am I? Well, some people say I'm the best in the village, but I'd have to disagree. You came from Verje, right? Then do you know my brother? His name is Luca.

0zFk3fj.png One detail you may've noticed by now is that relatives in this game don't follow the "Families Must Have Same Hair Color" anime tradition. It's all over the place, which will make a few situations here and there quite amusing. You'll see.

Wayjq0c.pngHe left the village some time ago saying that he was going to avenge our parents.

0zFk3fj.png Also, her daddies are dead. Will the game ever stop making me sad at every turn?

Wayjq0c.pngI can't be like him. I don't mind hunting animals, but I just can't stomach warfare. I am a good cook, though. Here, try some.

IfRBMws.png I initially read "I don't mind hurting animals". I was about to go on a bit of a rant, but I suppose hunting for food's okay. She certainly doesn't seem the kind to hunt for sport, fun and schadenfreude anyway.

d7CFY5V.png

While we're here, allow me to showcase the process that one has to go through to change another unit's equipped weapons through trading. The good news is, in this game trading doesn't waste your turn: you can trade as many times as you like and still attack at the end. Handy.

OrPXKL4.pngPrqDJyZ.png

The bad news is, this is a pain in the ass. Oh well, win some, lose some... and infinite trading chains are a lot more of a win than this little pet peeve is a loss.

Mo7Zo95.pngDUv1kt1.png

That uncouth gentleman is closing in on us. I'll send Garo and Julia to greet him: my masculine intuition (and 3 past runs) tells me she's the girl he's looking for.

qEeF8E8.png

Hah! You fool! You face Juliattisnacordst himself!

5dDDmCE.png

Yeah, that didn't work too well. He couldn't double, but I think I'm happier that way.

9nc1iTJ.png

Ah-ha! Level up well, Arkis, and I shall reward you with my trust!

AHVNgMQ.png

Hey, that's not bad! It's worse than Kreiss's, to be sure, but look, mastery! This is actually a pretty big deal. While he's still one point shy of the javelin, this ensures he can now use...

haZoEHC.pngQJ3Tikh.png

...both this thing the Thief dropped, and one of Kreiss's iron lances! Great! Now get another point of that and you'll be all settled. Still, more offensive stats would be appreciated.

AmKbnb4.png

See? I was right. They can talk. Get on my team so I can bench you!

cIlBpHO.png

vebK9SH.pngW-What?! Who are you? What do you want?

NyqavH8.png

IfRBMws.png Vega?! No way!

vebK9SH.pngVega... the Reaper of Schram?! But why...

xQunKTk.png Ah, you'll be fine. I'm sure.

WCDiKFw.pngYou will atone for your sins with blood. Prepare your spirit for the underworld.

xQunKTk.png So now you'll do that thing where you go "hah! Yah! Hyaaaaaah!" and that's supposed to be fighting? Pft, how asinine... just join me already, you dickhead!

Of06T0z.png

What? Why did the screen go dark all of sudden? Where's the background?

...hold on, where'd Barlowe go? Speaking without the avatar is supposed to only happen when--

Wait a minute, but then that means...!

irnoWp9.png

Ah! Shit! Abort, abort! I can't abort! Oh, but how tough could he possibly be...?

lpCycPp.png

Gah!

sdOiedT.png

Hweugh!

RR68rrY.png

JESUS CHRIST ON A BIKE, BILLIONS OF BILLIOUS BLISTERING BLUE BARNACLES IN A BLUE BARREL ABOARD THE SS BARBEQUE, HAAAAAALT! ABOOOOOOOOOORT!!!

oHJWMqj.pngSWFJqET.png

You imbecile, why'd you have to go and attack him?!

f1lvrfZ.png

Oh come now, he turns into a helicopter too?! How's she supposed to win?!

pHwjiDP.png

Nice! She nailed him. I don't understand why the battle's going on for so long, but maybe, just maybe, if she keeps on dodging, she'll--

QRhcOSt.pngWhViQsf.png

OH GOD!

DmLElOp.png

Stop being useless, broad! Hit him!

J5T6xVd.png8fRPwbL.png

Hoo, boy... pretty lights. That can't be good.

Garo, do something already! You're right there, and they've been duking it out for a while now!

sf0ZrGz.png

AH! SPARKLES! THAT MEANS--

9OmGEY7.png

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFF critical hit she's fucked.

In all seriousness, I love how this game's crits look like. These aren't the best screencaps of it, but really, they look really good, even if the animations themselves aren't always so great.

XlP8N8M.png

0zFk3fj.png The Reaper of Schram. Good grief... even his town's name sounds edgy!

1fEXXsW.png

xQunKTk.png I like to imagine him grabbing the dying Julia by the neck and just ragdolling her around while screaming ARE YOU A SINNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!?!?. Meanwhile, Julia wishes the real Reaper would take her already.

buTg4AM.pngA sinner...?

WCDiKFw.pngYou murdered the wife of Duke Dholm of Zemsellia in cold blood, did you not?

xG7W8Vj.png

hTMofYU.png Lentz-- what?! Lentzenheimer!? Hahahahahahahahah! Hwahahahahah! What kind of parents would name their son Lentzenheimer? That's ridiculous!

WCDiKFw.pngI see... indeed, I do not think you have the capacity for petty murder. Here, treat your wounds with this fruit. Until we return to Lentzenheimer and hear an explanation, I shall spare your life, woman.

gjQs9wG.png

The Navarre-like being reasonable? Now I've seen everything.

lpCycPp.png

HP 55% - Strength 30% - Skill 35% - Speed 35% - Defense 20% - Magic 5% - Luck 15% - Mastery 35%

So, Vega. Vega's a pretty good fighter. He sports better stats than Julia all around, better growths, and the first of this game's many broken personal weapons. Schram here has 60 uses, excellent raw stats, is effective against monsters as indicated by the black star (yes, monsters exist in this game, but we won't see them for a while), and is, overall, an exceptional weapon. The only downside? It's locked to this asshole, as the hollow star proves. I'd rather not have to use him, but I might need him further down the line depending on how things turn out.
His one skill (for now, and likely forever) is Sol, which means sun in spanish, and works like nosferatu: if it triggers, Vega will recover as much health as he can take from his opponent. He demonstrated this skill in the scripted battle, although Sol doesn't always result in crits, and I don't know what the purple flash was for. He only has one skill, what could it possibly have been?

Incidentally, I do believe that scripted crit is the first crit of the LP. Of course. At least it wasn't a real enemy crit, otherwise I would've been pretty pissed off.

6HIvRsb.png

Vega left Julia in pretty bad shape, even though she didn't throw any couches his way, so I'll have Enteh--

...why, you useless...

6mCOQzr.png

Fine. Nobody can reach Julia, so I'm okay with just letting her bleed for now.

82xjMuw.pnggj1PBpj.png

This guy, unable to reach Julia or Enteh, goes for Kate, who... trips over her own feet and dislocates her shoulders?

D295OaY.png

Juliattisnacordst, avenge Kate's shoulders!

ihGKBUN.png

Why is the old Bishop my only competent unit? Well, and Kreiss. Kreiss did a good job, and Sasha's getting there, as well. Eh... maybe my team's not so bad after all.

yobaA4e.png

Speaking of Sasha, she's got some visiting to do.

kHnxuXR.png

Wayjq0c.pngYeah, that's me. Who are you? Based on the knight at your side, I'm guessing a noblewoman.

xQunKTk.png Noblewoman-in-training, actually. But, wait, what knight are you talking about?

EbFOeeh.pngU7JF2E6.png

hTMofYU.png Of course! I should've known. He might be the Malledus, but that doesn't mean he can't leave Runan's side from time to time to accompany one of the army's women to chat with another woman. He's Eugen! He's badass enough so that this doesn't look creepy, unlike if it was, say, Saul.

xQunKTk.png Also, I'm pretty sure him being the army's tactician entails that he's the player character. I'm Eugen in this game! Now that's great.

Wayjq0c.pngI've told you people a thousand times, I'm not joining your army. I refuse to kill other people. I'm sorry, but I must ask you to leave.

0zFk3fj.png Also, he's failed miserably.

Qd8087b.pngI understand how you feel. I don't like fighting, either. But someone has to protect Wellt from those who would destroy it.

Wayjq0c.pngForget it, Princess. I'm not going to fight for you.

Qd8087b.pngBut you already have, Lady Raquel. I've heard stories about your bravery from your brother Luca. About how you fended off Codha's soldiers all on your own...

OJf5af0.png

hTMofYU.png I like to imagine Eugen, with his best sleazy salesman voice, is just pretending he hasn't heard this one when he really has, just in hopes singing her praises will get Raquel to join. Eugen's enough of a pragmatic bastard to do that. I love him.

Qd8087b.pngA few months ago, a couple dozen soldiers attacked this village. They were hopelessly drunk and tried to take advantage of the village's women. The men who stood up to them were being slaughtered, even Luca.

0zFk3fj.png You say that as if Luca getting slaughtered was some sort of unbelievably shocking occurrence. May I remind you he's an archer with 2 points of defense? A single axe blow would cleave him asunder!

Qd8087b.pngBut then, Raquel dashed out of the woods and took down the soldiers in the brink of an eye.

vUN6DQJ.pngI see... Very impressive!

hTMofYU.png Once again, salesman voice.

Qd8087b.pngShe didn't kill them, though. She merely shot their legs to incapacitate them. Since then, the villagers here have called her the daughter of the goddess Brigid for her skill.

hTMofYU.png Oh my God, and the law breaking continues... the goddess Brigid, and people compare a really skilled archer to her. I should mention that this Brigid is not mentioned anywhere else. She's there so that Kaga can satisfy his copyright infringement fetish, and that's it. Amazing.

Wayjq0c.png...Princess Sasha. Let me ask you something.

Qd8087b.pngYes?

BbouaD6.png

Qd8087b.pngMy father always said that the true duty of a soldier is to defend the law and fight for one's countrymen. You're clearly a magnificent archer. No matter your method of fighting, I think you could contribute much to our army.

Wayjq0c.pngWell, color me surprised. Even knowing my methods, you still want me to help out? You're quite interesting, Princess. That must be what Luca sees in you...

Qd8087b.pngHm...? Luca?

Wayjq0c.pngOh, it's not important.

ROm1Xt3.png

0zFk3fj.png An Archer who won't kill. We just got an Archer who won't kill. Forgive me, but I'm not all that impressed.

Qd8087b.pngReally!? Thank you, Raquel! Also, one last thing... I've heard from Luca that your cooking is some of the best around, so... Could you teach me?

Wayjq0c.pngLuca said that, huh? Hah, I'll see what I can do.

0zFk3fj.png When did she even get around to talking to Luca so much? Luca's not a noble, he's some volunteer from Verje, and Sasha's the princess of Wellt! Maybe she's just making stuff up to convince her...

xQunKTk.png No, scratch that. It's more likely that Eugen's inconspicuously standing behind her, whispering lines into her ear for her to spit out. No wonder Raquel ended up joining! The Eugen Charm wins the day again! But I must say, I'm not all that thrilled about the idea of having an Archer that can't kill... Archers are bad enough as it is, come now!

GAayOQu.png

Eh, I suppose there's no harm in taking a look at her stats... hold the phone a moment. Sniper?

JFLO8Sr.png

hTMofYU.png ...

I think I'm in love.

HP 40% - Strength 20% - Skill 35% - Speed 35% - Defense 15% - Magic 25% - Luck 55% - Mastery 30%

Raquel's one of this game's most interesting units. She joins with downright incredible stats. While she's not the best defensibly, she's still pretty decent, and at this point she surpasses almost everyone else, even if not by a very wide margin. Offensively? The best. Look at that! 16 speed, 12 strength, mastery that might as well be maxed out because I don't recall any bows that go over 17 mastery... for comparison purposes, she blows pretty much every single prepromoted Sniper in the series right out of the water, at least the ones from the games I'm familiar with. Both Jeorges, Klein, Igrene, Louise, Innes... none of them hold a candle to the child of Brigid, and she joins so early, too! And with a friggin brave bow that might as well be her personal weapon because she's the only one who can use it for a long, long time!
However, here's the kicker: she really meant it when she said she'd sworn not to kill a person ever. She can't kill any breathing human. She'll leave them at 1 HP no matter what and miss all her subsequent shots. And no, you can't unequip mercy, Raquel's no hypocrite like Elincia. There's a way to get her to kill, but it's extremely obscure and cumbersome, and outright impossible to pull off at this stage of the LP. Yes, I said "at this stage". We're in chapter 4. Here's a hint: you have to recruit Luca in Verje to even have a chance at doing it.

I would not recommend doing it, though, because her inability to kill opens up a world of creative possibilities: Raquel's a brilliantly designed unit. With Paragon as one of her skills, she'll level up very quickly despite not being able to get kills, and the fact that even sneaky crits won't make her destroy scrubs makes her the ultimate Jeigan. Weak-ass unit? Utility with bad stats? Thieves or other misc units? A Dougy situation? Raquel's the girl to go when you need things not to die, too quickly or at all. Using her is so much fun. It's like Kaga himself player through his games, and got so tired of the Jeigans critting, she designed Raquel to be able to Jeigan in peace.
And even if after all that you still really really want her to take lives, monsters are fair game for her: not only that, further down the line she gets Slayer, which isn't quite as OP as in FE8 (it's basically just a Urbanite/Seafarer kind of skill that's effective when fighting monsters in any sort of terrain) but that, coupled with her robust statsheet, ensures that she may not like to kill too many things, but the things she'll accept to kill, she will KILL. And to top all of that off, she's got Forester (you know the drill, it works in forest maps), Adept and Urbanite, as well as okay-ish growths for this game, especially when it comes to all the dodge-related stats, skill, speed, and luck. Holy moly.

Man, that's one heck of a text wall. C'mon, Ruben, the game's wordy enough as is, it doesn't need your help! Here's the tl;dr version: Raquel's an absolute joy of a unit to use, and rest assured, I will use her. It'd be hard not to, I mean, look at that! I can't even make the excuse that she's too OP, because she can't kill, that's as UP as they come! Get in the team, girl, right this instant. You'll be doing far more than a lot of those scrubs that are willing to kill, believe me.

1sIvdNN.png

The brave bow's great, but wasting four shots per battle isn't exactly efficient, so here, have a more ordinary weapon to use.

wrgIGP8.png

And you, stop bleeding out. You're not Raquel, but I still like you!

mViyGcl.pngFUluJvT.png

Oh, dear. Here comes Roger... maybe I will need to use the brave bow, after all.

Bah, I mean, c'mon. How powerful could he possib he's going to be hilarously good isn't he.

ly7YBNT.png

Yup. Vantage, Urbanite (!), solid stats, an armorslayer (!!), and Pavise, yet another new skill. It's basically Big Shield, and it was named that in the old translation, although I have to say, I do like Pavise better. If it triggers, the unit in question will gain 20 defense, which in most cases will allow them to tank both normal hits and crits reliably. Of course, it's no use against magic, but it's still an okay skill to have.

7aDTGpf.png

The bad news is, he's way too difficult to handle, and his 15% support with Mel ensures he's ten times more troublesome than he normally would've been! But there's one way to get around him, and I'll show you what it is very soon.

AmXUHIV.png

First, though, it's time for Juliattisnacordst to prove his mettle.

en7lOLB.png

Neat. I like it. Maybe you'll get a spot on the team. I've never used you, anyways, it might be fun to see what you can do, Juliattisnacordst.

OTOeN2n.png

Kate, too, kills a man, but...

mKLgv2T.png

Oh noes! I left her in range of Roger! Is this the end...?

6PPAR5U.png

...wait, where's he going?

Yep, it's exactly what it looks: Roger's really honorable, and he won't attack women. And guess what: that's another part of why Raquel's so brilliantly designed. They put her in this chapter in purpose; I'm a hundred percent sure. You see, when you're given a godly Jagen with a brave bow that can't kill, and you see the boss quickly approaching you, your first instinct would of course be to wear him down with her. Once you did that, this line (which I went out of my way to record) would appear:

JHaX76v.png

See, the amazing thing about it is that, this being Raquel, Roger has no chance of dying here. This line might get the player thinking, and they may reach the conclusion that perhaps Roger really won't fight women, unlike some pink-haired buffoons from Shadow Dragon. The player would then move all the men outside his range, or build a wall of boobies like I'm doing, and boom, there you have it. Roger survives.

Say what you will about this game and the shit it pulls off sometimes, but you have to admit, this is some fantastic gameplay design. The game doesn't outright tell you the solution to the puzzle, nor does it hide it so amazingly you need a guide to even have a chance to accomplish the objective (looking at you, FE6). Instead, it plants clues all over the chapter, subtly leading you to this conclusion. It's great, I love it when games do this sort of thing. You don't even have to bend over backwards to figure out how to recruit Raquel in the first place, because Sasha tells you she's the one who needs to do it! Why don't FE games do this sort of thing more often?

BVEHgTM.pngtuBFi6z.png

Don't let all this great stuff distract you from Julia getting her ass handed to her again, though. Step up your game, girl, this one might actually kill you.

b1VEJih.png

Now that we've got them all figured out, Roger and Mel are more or less taken care of, but we could still kill Mel, I suppose. I'm sure Roger wouldn't be too mad at us.

xnlsQ1q.png

Okay, no, just joking. I'm not really doing that. Nor this:

x083zj8.png

I just wanted to show off this line because I adore this typo. He's not just any Paladin, he's Roger the Paladin BUT he's not just any run-of-the-mill Roger the Paladin either, he's THE Roger the Paladin. Not to be confused for reclassed, chubby, pink-haired klutzes. Hilarious. You can expect me to only address him as THE Roger the Paladin for at least the next five minutes. Some things are just better off not being fixed...

(By the way, yes, I know Mel's wielding a sword. We'll talk more about that some other day. Suffice to say, I won't retract my statement that Lee is the only healer who can fight)

6zB3iVY.pngfN9el9D.png

Enteh levels up, it's not exciting, moving on.

lFZtLAd.pngUhZDu8q.png

I whipped out the killing edge in hopes Julia might be able to show off, but nope, she just does as badly as she possibly could have. Urk...

r71QDUy.png

C'mooooooooooooon...

CYO0Pdh.png

It was at this point that I remembered Martel and Sasha have a conversation in this map.

U8ZKzY4.pngI wish I could ride a pegasus like you, Martel.

N94pK1Y.pngYou want to be a pegasus knight, too?

Qd8087b.pngOf course! I've always dreamed of soaring through the skies on a pegasus like my mother used to. I'm a little envious.

N94pK1Y.pngMy mother told me that Queen Liza was one of the finest Pegasus Knights in all of Salia when she was younger. I heard that she fought on par with the Six Heroes during the Ledan Crusade, and it was there that she met King Raphael and the others.

On 10/12/2018 at 8:01 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

LRWwhwO.pngYes, that is indeed a Pegasus Knight. But I have never heard of any knights of Wellt with the skill to ride pegasi...

xQunKTk.png Marlon's a bit of a condescending asshole, isn't he?

N94pK1Y.pngWith all that riding skill in your blood, I'm sure you could be a pegasus knight if you wanted. The next time I visit my mother in Salia, I'll ask if she has a spare pegasus flute. Then we can soar through the skies together! Oh, and let's bring Verna and Frau along too! We'll all race to see who can fly the fastest!

Qd8087b.pngThat sounds fun! I'll look forward to it.

jLaoOx1.png

Lotta name-drops in that little conversation, but none of them are relevant right now. What we need to do now is make sure everyone with a pole sidesteps Roger's attack range.

mp2i0pB.png

Perfect! He's right where I want him.

rfY4eN2.png

...d'oh!

s04N0hC.png

Get outta dodge, Krarkiss and Lee, post-haste! The girls will cover your retreat.

hHc9EXN.png

Raquel will even have a chance to fight her first battle.

GOJanyL.pngGFh39b7.pngtbI4buw.png

Cool animations. Just out of that one battle, she earned 16 points of experience, only 4 points shy of what she would've gotten out of a kill. As I said, she shouldn't have that many troubles levelling up.

fiqVvDv.png

Ach, so tempting... but alas, if I do that, Roger'll destroy my scrubby riders, and I can't have that! Kreiss has so much potential!

FlkOLbG.pngby3JpPT.png

So instead, I'll burn yet another heal use on Julia. You're being an expensive girl, Julia, you'd best be getting some stats soon before I decide to smash you against the bench.

Ergh... I mean... I would advise you to obtain statistics in greater quantities prior to my deciding of inviting you to sit your posterior upon the device known as bench...?

Refcflr.png

Well, he just played himself. Too bad Mel's still right next to him, as it'll take all our ladies to keep them in place. As soon as possible, we shall commence Operation BIR (Box In Roger).

ULcZuwb.png

Also, that must've hurt.

k1H2m4J.png

The guy made a blunder, however, as he moved closer to Roger and Mel, ensuring I could finish him off without compromising Operation BIR. Now level up well, and it'll all be coming up Ruben.

OBlMVSj.png

Why does nothing ever go Ruben's way?

YfQ59gD.pngoaLCx0M.png

Very well. They can move, but only barely so, and then we'll be able to seal the deal thanks to Martel's flying abilities.

TxewF50.png

Roger, don't trample your girlfriend with your horse! That's rude, dude. I know you're itching for a fight, but I'm afraid fighting's just not what you've been served today.

D52hKri.png

There. The guys go their own ways while the girls stay and awkwardly attempt not to make eye contact with Roger. The Roger the Palading himself must be sweating bullets, too, being surrounded by so many ladies with his girlfriend right next to him. Although, to be fair, her girlfriend's the most attractive one of the bunch.

Well, no, second-most attractive. The gold medal would have to go to Raquel. And half of the girls aren't legal, so all things considered, he'll probably be all right. There's also the fact that he's madly in love with Mel and probably has nothing to do with anyone else, but eeehhh details, the joke wasn't funny to begin with.

cyFx5GA.png4CEgmFc.png

Also that one guy doesn't move.

2HuI25k.png

Sure. I'll just have to bring the fight to him, then!

o47KH64.png

Runan! Don't do that! You want people to think you're as bad as Roy?

lx7SOCO.png7h9WpWN.png7URR9If.png

See, now Kreiss took damage! Are you proud of yourself, Runan?

rADierL.png

Pfft. How positively pathetic.

vRubpZQ.png

Oh! Never mind! First actual critical hit of the LP!

t06itBv.png

Cavaliers do this really cool lance flip when they crit. It's a rather nice animation. Also, he got a ton of experience out of that, didn't he? Hmmm... maybe I'll get him another level today. Give him another chance to prove he's more than a worse Kreiss.

Sk53DRp.png

But first, a little experiment. I'd like Sasha to go get kills, so let's try separating Roger and Mel.

fME79lb.png

Great, it worked! Roger, you're too hasty. I know you're the Roger the Paladin, but that doesn't excuse leaving your girlfriend behind in the dust like that.

iY9TofX.png

There. Might as well let Mel roam freely.

Oo6BlbG.png

This guy doesn't move either. I'm pretty sure none of the remaining enemies in the map move! What's the big idea?

tp5w13A.png

Ah, but I'm fine with that. If they won't attack, then we shall--

WWmG3nC.pngR1oghF0.png

...c'mon.

ffKCKva.png

Oh he doubled! The slow Cavalier doubled! Kreiss, I must say, you're really starting to change my opinion of you. Keep this good work up.

48ksGiy.pngTRlC46L.png9KwYmC4.png

You... your performance's closer to "par for the course", I'm afraid.

Yg8L3Td.png

Yep, definitely getting him another level today.

QJZ0219.png3WzYyzd.png

But first, Kreiss takes the herb Arkis had thrown his way in chapter 1 (he still has it) and heals up. How does that even work, I wonder? Does one need to rub the wound with the herb or something?

50mu2wk.pngsU5IvyJ.png

Anyhow, we'll soon reach the end of the chapter, but first, there's these two punching bags to deal with.

HfKtrai.png

Nice shot. I like it.

vfXGxl8.png

Ergh... I'm torn with this one. On the one hand, that's only one stat and it isn't mastery, but on the other hand, he badly needed the defense, so... it's fine? Mastery would still have been finer, as defense can be fixed with shields, but oh well. Beggars can't be choosers, and Arkis's as much of a beggar as a fancily-dressed Cavalier can be. Seriously, have you taken a close look to his and Kreiss's attires? They're way too flashy and expensive for what are supposed to be two average joes in low-ranking posts at Eugen's Army!

06F062l.pngyC6uOY0.png

Kreiss may take the kill, since he's nearby.

pPb9HaJ.png

Tch... just a little more. Guess Sasha won't be getting the last Bowman, then.

fU5My2S.png

While Kreiss returns to the castle, Arkis dismounts (because basic manners should actually be accounted for when there are no enemies in the vicinity) and lets himself into this house, hoping to find cute maidens within.

2CPlrV6.png

Instead, he finds Best NPC, and the main reason he's so: this conversation.

orfi8jp.pngThis land has belonged to Codha's family for generations, but we've never had a lord this horrible before. If only King Raphael were still here, this never would have happened. It's such a tragedy that such good knights are being made to serve a man like Codha. Take Sir Roger, for instance. After his father died, he had to become the head of his family when he was just a lad, but he worked hard and became a knight! But now, he has no choice but to follow Codha's mad orders. It must be so hard for him and Mel...

0zFk3fj.png Since I was sucking the game's cock earlier, I suppose it's only fair to say that this house is really badly placed for what it is. If they wanted to confirm that Roger is, in fact, a good guy that should be spared, they really should've put this house in the middle of the way. Out here, the only way you might visit this one before Raquel is if you sent Martel, and with two Bowmen keeping watch (and Martel's not strong enough to kill even one of them in one round) and Raquel's village under attack, that would certainly not be a very wise use of your only flier. Oh, well, had to drop the ball somewhere, right? At least it's only a very minor detail, compared to all of this chapter's successes.

orfi8jp.pngOh, who's Mel? She's Sir Roger's fiancee. She used to be a cleric of the Temple of Mars living under a vow of celibacy, but she and Roger fell in love nonetheless.

4ZQI6Be.png

hTMofYU.png Lovely. Just lovely. Did you know, for a while I actually intended to open up the thread with this picture and text reading "Tear Ring Saga in a nutshell"? That's how good this conversation is. And it only gets better from here!

orfi8jp.pngOh, dearie me! I must've been boring you to tears!

xQunKTk.png Nonsense. That was hilarious.

orfi8jp.pngHere, take this Physic staff as my apology. People also call it a far-healing staff because, well, it can heal from far away.

xQunKTk.png Far-healing staff was physic's name in the old translation. A funny little reference. I like it.

zxONcW8.png

hTMofYU.png ...and then things get crazy. I very much doubt he'll ever read this, but, Aethin? Top-notch translation. Top-notch. Heck, not even translation, this line was localized! He stated in the translation's thread that, in japanese, this line was a pun that didn't work too well in english, so he just got creative. Gotta say, I think I'm happier this way.

iLADChN.png

We get a Paces a-Hundred Yet Still I Cure, which is a nice bonus to that great dialogue we just read. Yes, if I'm insane enough to call Milady "Minerva" and Shin "Sue's brother" for an entire LP, you can be sure I'll be insane enough to call Plum's bro "Juliattisnacordst" and this "Paces a-Hundred Yet Still I Cure" for the entirety of this one.

TLH2Aim.png

All that remains to be done is this. Sasha won't get this kill, but she might as well try to scrape up some experience while she's there.

TB3qSAJ.png

Nice. A total success!

u2jjpTM.pngYdTJ3fh.png

And with that, he goes down. Kreiss, prove that one level wasn't a fluke!

6tyBGsG.png

Nice! It's not as groundbreaking as the first one he got today, but it's still pretty damn good. HP ensures he's officially on the bulkier side of our army's spectrum, and strength is something I really like to see as well. It's settled: Kreiss, you're in the team. I'm not sure about Arkis yet, but I suppose I might as well keep him for now, out of respect for you.

NnqpilN.png

Squadallah, we're off!

K5NaA0p.png87ab982.png

Since the Roger the Paladin's alive, we get this little snippet of dialogue. Sorry, you fucked up, son. Furthermore, "all units, retreat!"? What units? We wiped out the entire map except for you and your girl! Go home, Roger, you're obviously too distraught as a result of this loss.

All right! I believe that's what we call a good chapter. No deaths, no mistakes, and some of our scrubs are even starting to shape into something worthwhile. I'm so glad for them. Next time is text time. Fasten your seatbelts, because it's going to be one bumpy wall of text! Until then, I fare thee well, readers. Be safe!

Death count: --

Reset count: 0

One does have to wonder what dark magics Raquel has in order to stop enemy units bleeding out from arrow wounds spontaneously. Or maybe she just always aims for the legs to the abstract of in-game animations.

Edited by Tryhard

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good work! I did my last exam already, but we still have classes all next week, because... that's logical?

It's over... the semester is over...

Yesterday was my final day of class, and now I only have one more semester before my somewhat complicated college situation.

Good ol' student promises. I, too, thought I wouldn't play any games in class, and, well, my highscore at Tetris is 186000. Until they blocked all the game websites I frequented, but they can't block my pendrive! Hah!

Or you could bring up the website at home, and then play the game at school. Granted, you won't have internet, and refreshing will prevent you from playing anymore, but most games don't need it anyway once they're running.

Rusting hulks do seem to be pretty popular.

I can easily see why. There's good reason why "Perfect Battle" is an achievement for the squad.

Buying? C'mon... at this point, the only person who'd benefit from that would be some speculator out there. Get an emulator and play without regrets. Or, get a Wii U and buy it there.

Maybe. My computer didn't like the VBA when I tried it, and I heard that DS emulators are more intensive. Besides, I've seen the game before, and I own a DS, so I just need to get around to actually going to a game store again.

FE3, I've heard, is pretty damn boring. I can't speak for how much truth there is to that statement, but for what it's worth, FE11 is a game I really like, and FE12... you guys know what I think of that one.

I can see where the sentiment comes from. It's neat that they have both the original game and its sequel on the same cartridge, and the game is still playable and fun. It just suffers a lot from the "later games did the same thing, but better" syndrome.

Go ahead, they're fun. Probably the worst case of flashbacks overuse I've ever seen (there was a flashback to something that happened a minute ago once!) but they've cool plots. For the most part.

I guess I will. Another game added to my mountain-tall list of games I need to play.

Yes, next thing you know, you'll be the new Hitler according to the internet.

Wait, no, what am I saying. That's if you flip off a woman.

Ah, those people that need to grow a brain, some skin, and actually seriously research history.

And listen to Morgan Freeman:

Spoiler

Related image

Seriously, this quote nees to be shared more.

As well, "codo" in spanish means "elbow". It doesn't have any sort of meaningful correlation, but there, a fun fact.

It just highlights how odd the name is.

When taken all together, "Codha" is "A little Bear that is a Friend, an Ally, and the concluding section of an Elbow"

Guess that's the truth, but I insist that my current sprite of him looks better than his NES portrait. I know, easy target, but one needs to keep his self-esteem up somehow.

Almost anything is better than the NES portraits. Really, though, just work on making him look less flat. I'm not artist, so sadly I can't give any real specific advice.

I remember reading a FE2 LP on the lparchive eons ago. All I can remember is how funny I found the name "Dozer" to be.

Ah, yes. I know exactly which LP you're talking about. I've forgotten how much I read that from beginning to end when doing research on the original Gaiden when Echoes was announced.

You might not find that many, again, I am not the most knowledgable man when it comes to Gaiden. Still, maybe some others will draw those comparisons for me.

Don't worry. If I find any, I will.

It seems to be an easy game to reference, and I don't blame them. It's a black sheep

More or less. There are some time-traveling shenanigans at the end that are even worse than those from Awakening.

Awakenings is actually one of the more understandable examples of time travel. Mostly because it explains its rules clearly, and doesn't needlessly complicate them . It's the "different timelines so the same person can exist without causing a paradox, but time still likes traveling on it's original path" deal.

The only complicated aspect is that Laurent arrived 3 years early, and spent 5 years to himself. Considering that he's the smart one of the group, it's a wonder why he didn't try to find and join the Shephards earlier, as well as why it didn't cause the Risen curse to appear earlier. At the same time, if you think about it for too long, the whole thing both does and doesn't solve itself.

I still think that someone could make a solid webcomic or manga about what he did with his time, if they wanted to.

Then it's a good thing Eritz didn't surrender. All that paperwork would've been so annoying to transcribe...

Not that it helps much. In the modern day, you still have to deal with paperwork whenever you kill someone in the military. Mostly for recording purposes and avoiding war crimes, I believe.

Aaaaaaahhh Mount and Blade. The game I played for 137 hours until it froze, and decided it was a brilliant idea to save the freezing state. I was so disheartened, to this day I haven't touched it again.

Mount and Blade is a game I both love and hate. On the one hand, I love the combat system, the amount of freedom you're given, and how it has the Elder Scrolls "increase a skill by using it" system for weapons. On the other hand, I'm not fond of how the game scales enemy strength to your level... while ignoring that the strength of your army can fluctuate widely, how getting knocked out pretty much causes you to lose you a battle you should have otherwise won, and how you're not told that the town you need to deliver mail to is on the other side of the continent.

I do legitimately love Napoleonic Wars Multiplayer mod. The things that happen there are so weird it's hard not to love it.

It cancels the support, as far as I know.

Huh. Seems pointless to provide the option, then. Unless it's foreshadowing that you have a choice where one support prevents another.

Oh hey. I have a feeling I might've heard of that one, but...

It was on the ^ < v game thing. I think I was half awake when I played that, because I that may have been a TMI thing, and for some reason I provided my odder headcanons that were a result of dreams there.

It's also where I first said that I needed to comment on the FE6 lets play.

...I have a beard!

So do I! And for some reason, nobody noticed I had one for several years, but the moment I get glasses, everyone notices the beard, but not the glasses! It was a weird scenario all around.

0wpoj5R.png

That's absolutely amazing! Where's my jaw, I can't find it, ah who cares! That's even better than Sasha's own hilarious level! My God... well, now I just can't let you go, can I? You've proven yourself, it's only fair I give you a deployment slot! Whoa... great work, Kreiss. I'm proud of you! Now keep 'em coming.

*Insert Clapping gif because there are so dang many*

y5iGtel.png

Is that the swaggiest conversation portrait ever or what?

Agreed. Although who is she talking to?

While we're here, allow me to showcase the process that one has to go through to change another unit's equipped weapons through trading. The good news is, in this game trading doesn't waste your turn: you can trade as many times as you like and still attack at the end. Handy.

Huh, interesting. I'm trying to remember if Thracia has something similar.

For some reason, the video is copyrighted and blocked over here.

Darn regional laws.

oHJWMqj.pngSWFJqET.pngf1lvrfZ.png

So much dodging! If it was a continuous battle, it must have been a sight to see.

sf0ZrGz.png

AH! SPARKLES! THAT MEANS--

9OmGEY7.png

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFF critical hit she's fucked.

In all seriousness, I love how this game's crits look like. These aren't the best screencaps of it, but really, they look really good, even if the animations themselves aren't always so great.

So this gams critical hits are signified via sparkles? Interesting.

Also, what do you mean by the animations aren't always great?

hTMofYU.png Lentz-- what?! Lentzenheimer!? Hahahahahahahahah! Hwahahahahah! What kind of parents would name their son Lentzenheimer? That's ridiculous!

Yeah, I found nothing. Other than his name could also be translated to start with a P.

This guy, unable to reach Julia or Enteh, goes for Kate, who... trips over her own feet and dislocates her shoulders?

Or... doing what ever one of those feminine poses where they have one leg up.

BbouaD6.png

She's never played a stealth game that rewards you for not killing anyone before, has she?

Then again, at the time the game was released, Metal Gear Solid may have been the only example most people knew, and you permanently deal with enemies by snapping their necks in that game.

See, the amazing thing about it is that, this being Raquel, Roger has no chance of dying here. This line might get the player thinking, and they may reach the conclusion that perhaps Roger really won't fight women, unlike some pink-haired buffoons from Shadow Dragon. The player would then move all the men outside his range, or build a wall of boobies like I'm doing, and boom, there you have it. Roger survives.

Huh. Part of me want's to say that pointlessly sexist. The other part of me knows its referencing a past time period and it's a clever way of adding strategy to the game.

Say what you will about this game and the shit it pulls off sometimes, but you have to admit, this is some fantastic gameplay design. The game doesn't outright tell you the solution to the puzzle, nor does it hide it so amazingly you need a guide to even have a chance to accomplish the objective (looking at you, FE6). Instead, it plants clues all over the chapter, subtly leading you to this conclusion. It's great, I love it when games do this sort of thing. You don't even have to bend over backwards to figure out how to recruit Raquel in the first place, because Sasha tells you she's the one who needs to do it! Why don't FE games do this sort of thing more often?

Huh, interesting. Can't wait to see more examples of the game pulling this off.

N94pK1Y.pngYou want to be a pegasus knight, too?

Gah! What is that monstrosity!

GOJanyL.pngGFh39b7.pngtbI4buw.png

Why is she holding a crossbow one-handed? Those aren't light weapons. Heck, I've fired one before; you need two hands to hold them.

That's not even getting into reloading. Pulling the string back is not an easy feat. There's a reason they can pierce armor with a well placed shot.

vRubpZQ.png

Oh! Never mind! First actual critical hit of the LP!

t06itBv.png

Once again, critical hits use flashes of light. They love switching them up between games, don't they?

zxONcW8.png

hTMofYU.png ...and then things get crazy. I very much doubt he'll ever read this, but, Aethin? Top-notch translation. Top-notch. Heck, not even translation, this line was localized! He stated in the translation's thread that, in japanese, this line was a pun that didn't work too well in english, so he just got creative. Gotta say, I think I'm happier this way.

That was an extensive, if entertaining conversation. I wonder how that joke came about, as it's somehow both accurate and out-of-nowhere.

And what do you know? I spent two hours writing all that. I really need to take a writing class.

Roger won't raise it's sword against a lady. That's what underlings are there for after all. Truly the living image of a knight.

A nice little detail here is that if you kill Roger, then Mel will got nuts and start attacking. Otherwise she is not aggressive.

If Luca were here, he couldn't recruit Raquel either. But she does give him a Shortbow with 80 initiate kills. Which means it gives a neat little 30 crit bonus. Cute but not quite as good as the Defense Staff I'd wager.

There is at least one more loophole for Raquel's unwillingness to kill. She can kill enemies that hold an Elixir since those will automatically revive the user. Never tested this with an Amulet.

Also, you are not gonna use Mathel? Seriously? I mean, you could just call her Mather if necessary.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

0wpoj5R.png

I call him an average unit and first thing he does is get this level up. Shame that Arkis hasn't decided to do the same, especially if you're going to be dragging him along for awhile yet.

0zFk3fj.png The Reaper of Schram. Good grief... even his town's name sounds edgy!

Why is his town named the same thing as his sword, anyway? Is it just that the sword's named after the place, or something?

JFLO8Sr.png

(text)

I can already tell Raquel's going to be fun to use. Mercy is ridiculously good on a unit with stats this good (unlike Part 4 Elincia), I'd even go as far to say that it'd be OP if she had an enemy phase - then again, any unit with a statline like that and an enemy phase this early on would be OP, Mercy or no. Regardless, it allows her to contribute as much as you want her to while safely letting weaker units reap the spoils of her efforts, and that is very cool, I think.

en7lOLB.png

Neat. I like it. Maybe you'll get a spot on the team. I've never used you, anyways, it might be fun to see what you can do, Juliattisnacordst.

I mean, after giving him the moniker of Juliattisnacordst you can't proceed to not use him, right?

N94pK1Y.png

beautiful

this is exactly what I was hoping for whilst trying to pretend that I wasn't hoping for anything

or build a wall of boobies like I'm doing, and boom, there you have it. Roger survives.

We're gonna build a wall and we're gonna make Roger pay for it. 

N94pK1Y.png

Barthnoise.jpg

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm not sure about Arkis yet, but I suppose I might as well keep him for now, out of respect for you.

Come on it wouldn't be a Rubenio LP if you didn't use the hilariously bad units and somehow make them Godly! Remember for Pherae? The jacket musketeers? Matthis? You must do it! You must! also arkis looks really good. 

Use Bluestacks, you fool!

1. I play on my phone. 

2. Does Bluestacks even work on Linux?

3. I thought that had been cracked down on by Ninty by now?

4. How do you know what Bluestacks is?

Aaaaaaaand here we go, you did that "leave sentences half-done and forget to finish them" thing you sometimes do. First time in this thread, correct?

Apparently so. Though I'd edited it, so you had the first version of the post the whole time!

Kaga made things more confusing and that lack of clarity still hasn't been fixed.

Good luck, mate. Give 'em hell!

When I get back to it.

That game is horrible for arachnophobes though.

FE7 in particular consists of Tear Ring rip-offs, one after the other, so...

...I really should stop trashtalking FE7 just one of these days, should I not?

Look into the Berwick comparisons with Tellius and do that.

However, I am afraid I cannot use her. I mean, c'mon, she's called Martel. What, you want me to die of ranting? Fuck that noise, she's hitting the bench as soon as I have the chance to send her to it.

But of course. Drop a decent unit entirely because of a different game entirely.

0wpoj5R.png

Wait, Arkis can get a good level.

Huh, strange world.

1fEXXsW.png

xQunKTk.png I like to imagine him grabbing the dying Julia by the neck and just ragdolling her around while screaming ARE YOU A SINNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!?!?. Meanwhile, Julia wishes the real Reaper would take her already.

Nah, he looks too.... refined? to go throw someone like that. 

He's bloodthristy, but heaven forbid him being too forceful.

EbFOeeh.pngU7JF2E6.png

hTMofYU.png Of course! I should've known. He might be the Malledus, but that doesn't mean he can't leave Runan's side from time to time to accompany one of the army's women to chat with another woman. He's Eugen! He's badass enough so that this doesn't look creepy, unlike if it was, say, Saul.

Eugen just excuses himself to head off for some random woman in the army.

Of course he does.

hTMofYU.png Oh my God, and the law breaking continues... the goddess Brigid, and people compare a really skilled archer to her. I should mention that this Brigid is not mentioned anywhere else. She's there so that Kaga can satisfy his copyright infringement fetish, and that's it. Amazing.

I mean, it was called Emblem Saga. He was either being vindictive or just couldn't let go.

BbouaD6.png

Qd8087b.pngMy father always said that the true duty of a soldier is to defend the law and fight for one's countrymen. You're clearly a magnificent archer. No matter your method of fighting, I think you could contribute much to our army.

She's perfect for Jeiganing!

Raquel's one of this game's most interesting units. She joins with downright incredible stats. While she's not the best defensibly, she's still pretty decent, and at this point she surpasses almost everyone else, even if not by a very wide margin. Offensively? The best. Look at that! 16 speed, 12 strength, mastery that might as well be maxed out because I don't recall any bows that go over 17 mastery... for comparison purposes, she blows pretty much every single prepromoted Sniper in the series right out of the water, at least the ones from the games I'm familiar with. Both Jeorges, Klein, Igrene, Louise, Innes... none of them hold a candle to the child of Brigid, and she joins so early, too! And with a friggin brave bow that might as well be her personal weapon because she's the only one who can use it for a long, long time!
However, here's the kicker: she really meant it when she said she'd sworn not to kill a person ever. She can't kill any breathing human. She'll leave them at 1 HP no matter what and miss all her subsequent shots. And no, you can't unequip mercy, Raquel's no hypocrite like Elincia. There's a way to get her to kill, but it's extremely obscure and cumbersome, and outright impossible to pull off at this stage of the LP. Yes, I said "at this stage". We're in chapter 4. Here's a hint: you have to recruit Luca in Verje to even have a chance at doing it.

I would not recommend doing it, though, because her inability to kill opens up a world of creative possibilities: Raquel's a brilliantly designed unit. With Paragon as one of her skills, she'll level up very quickly despite not being able to get kills, and the fact that even sneaky crits won't make her destroy scrubs makes her the ultimate Jeigan. Weak-ass unit? Utility with bad stats? Thieves or other misc units? A Dougy situation? Raquel's the girl to go when you need things not to die, too quickly or at all. Using her is so much fun. It's like Kaga himself player through his games, and got so tired of the Jeigans critting, she designed Raquel to be able to Jeigan in peace.
And even if after all that you still really really want her to take lives, monsters are fair game for her: not only that, further down the line she gets Slayer, which isn't quite as OP as in FE8 (it's basically just a Urbanite/Seafarer kind of skill that's effective when fighting monsters in any sort of terrain) but that, coupled with her robust statsheet, ensures that she may not like to kill too many things, but the things she'll accept to kill, she will KILL. And to top all of that off, she's got Forester (you know the drill, it works in forest maps), Adept and Urbanite, as well as okay-ish growths for this game, especially when it comes to all the dodge-related stats, skill, speed, and luck. Holy moly.

See, this is the kind of unit I wish showed up more. It's a shame this hasn't shown up elsewhere.

Also Kaga's apparently able to change gender at will.

en7lOLB.png

Bartz has a lot more to do though I'd argue to secure that.

JHaX76v.png

See, moments like this....

Man, imagine if Kaga never left. We might not have gotten the remakes, but Fates? I think we could live with what replaced it.

N94pK1Y.png

Delete this.

N94pK1Y.pngMy mother told me that Queen Liza was one of the finest Pegasus Knights in all of Salia when she was younger. I heard that she fought on par with the Six Heroes during the Ledan Crusade, and it was there that she met King Raphael and the others.

LRWwhwO.pngYes, that is indeed a Pegasus Knight. But I have never heard of any knights of Wellt with the skill to ride pegasi...

xQunKTk.png Marlon's a bit of a condescending asshole, isn't he?

Liza wasn't a knight of Wellt though.

This isn't inaccurate.

zxONcW8.png

Well, that's one way to name it.

Not mine though.

Part 7 - The Marster.

20 hours ago, Tryhard said:

One does have to wonder what dark magics Raquel has in order to stop enemy units bleeding out from arrow wounds spontaneously. Or maybe she just always aims for the legs to the abstract of in-game animations.

She wraps the tips of her arrows in healing herbs so they don't hurt that much. That's my best guess.

17 hours ago, DestructionDragon360 said:

Paces a Hundred Yet Still I Cure is the greatest mnemonic device I've ever heard. And by greatest, I mean gods that's terrible, right up there with Juliattisnacordst. I'm so proud of you for being so awful, you son of a bitch.

Who, Aethin or me? I have a feeling it might be me. Yeah, I'm proud of Juliattisnacordst and will continue to use it thoughout the LP, thank you very much.

17 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

It's over... the semester is over...

Yesterday was my final day of class, and now I only have one more semester before my somewhat complicated college situation.

Luck be with you sire...

Or you could bring up the website at home, and then play the game at school. Granted, you won't have internet, and refreshing will prevent you from playing anymore, but most games don't need it anyway once they're running.

Actually, we have computers at school, so that wouldn't work, but so long as I keep the games arcadey enough, using my pendrive should not be too much of an issue. I already have one or two in mind...

I can easily see why. There's good reason why "Perfect Battle" is an achievement for the squad.

It is, isn't it? I can't remember if I got it or not... I was more of a fan of the blitzkrieg, myself.

Maybe. My computer didn't like the VBA when I tried it, and I heard that DS emulators are more intensive. Besides, I've seen the game before, and I own a DS, so I just need to get around to actually going to a game store again.

Ah, if that's the case, then sure, you may as well go ahead. Your suspicions are sadly correct: DS emulation is pretty lame. Desmume is by far the best emulator for the console, yet even on my pretty good computer it stutters if I choose a particularly fancy-looking visual filter.

I can see where the sentiment comes from. It's neat that they have both the original game and its sequel on the same cartridge, and the game is still playable and fun. It just suffers a lot from the "later games did the same thing, but better" syndrome.

I have heard Sheema's better there, though. That's something. She did not deserve what she got in FE12.

I guess I will. Another game added to my mountain-tall list of games I need to play.

Games. There are too many of them.

Ah, those people that need to grow a brain, some skin, and actually seriously research history.

And listen to Morgan Freeman:

Reveal hidden contents

Related image

Seriously, this quote nees to be shared more.

I agree wholeheartedly with everything.

It just highlights how odd the name is.

When taken all together, "Codha" is "A little Bear that is a Friend, an Ally, and the concluding section of an Elbow"

It's at least ever-so-slightly less dumb than the old translation's name, Kodder. What even is a kodder?

Almost anything is better than the NES portraits. Really, though, just work on making him look less flat. I'm not artist, so sadly I can't give any real specific advice.

Hey, I'm not an artist either, I did my best. Perhaps I shall have to see what I can do, I've a couple chapters before Wrys shows up again...

Oh shiet spoilers. Bah, not that it matters so much yet...

Ah, yes. I know exactly which LP you're talking about. I've forgotten how much I read that from beginning to end when doing research on the original Gaiden when Echoes was announced.

I, too, have forgotten everything.

Don't worry. If I find any, I will.

It seems to be an easy game to reference, and I don't blame them. It's a black sheep

The quintessential example of "Kaga did it first", with TRS being the ultimate example. Does that make any sense?

Awakenings is actually one of the more understandable examples of time travel. Mostly because it explains its rules clearly, and doesn't needlessly complicate them . It's the "different timelines so the same person can exist without causing a paradox, but time still likes traveling on it's original path" deal.

The only complicated aspect is that Laurent arrived 3 years early, and spent 5 years to himself. Considering that he's the smart one of the group, it's a wonder why he didn't try to find and join the Shephards earlier, as well as why it didn't cause the Risen curse to appear earlier. At the same time, if you think about it for too long, the whole thing both does and doesn't solve itself.

I still think that someone could make a solid webcomic or manga about what he did with his time, if they wanted to.

I understand. Maybe I should try reading/watching an LP of it at some point, I'm really not knowledgable enough when it comes to the 3DS titles.

Not that it helps much. In the modern day, you still have to deal with paperwork whenever you kill someone in the military. Mostly for recording purposes and avoiding war crimes, I believe.

No matter what one does, one cannot escape paperwork.

Mount and Blade is a game I both love and hate. On the one hand, I love the combat system, the amount of freedom you're given, and how it has the Elder Scrolls "increase a skill by using it" system for weapons. On the other hand, I'm not fond of how the game scales enemy strength to your level... while ignoring that the strength of your army can fluctuate widely, how getting knocked out pretty much causes you to lose you a battle you should have otherwise won, and how you're not told that the town you need to deliver mail to is on the other side of the continent.

Honestly, I remember the final 10-20 hours before my game shit itself being mostly a slog through countless castle sieges that I couldn't participate in because getting knocked out stopped the battle. In ladder sieges, I tried to get creative, jumping over the enemy and assaulting them from within, things like that. Once in a blue moon, it worked, and it felt good. In siegetower sieges, though, it was completely hopeless: start the siege, hop on the siegetower for protection, open the steam overlay and watch a video or something while the game played itself. Gotta say, that was exceedingly crappy design. And the gamebreaking glitch I experienced when only the Khergits were left before I earned total conquest did not help the game's case.

I do legitimately love Napoleonic Wars Multiplayer mod. The things that happen there are so weird it's hard not to love it.

I have heard great things of the modding scene of this game, too. Maybe I should give it another shot some day.

Huh. Seems pointless to provide the option, then. Unless it's foreshadowing that you have a choice where one support prevents another.

Well, we'll find out, I suppose.

It was on the ^ < v game thing. I think I was half awake when I played that, because I that may have been a TMI thing, and for some reason I provided my odder headcanons that were a result of dreams there.

It's also where I first said that I needed to comment on the FE6 lets play.

Ooohhh yeah, I 'member. That was a cool thread.

So do I! And for some reason, nobody noticed I had one for several years, but the moment I get glasses, everyone notices the beard, but not the glasses! It was a weird scenario all around.

Do you live in a world of darkness, is that it? Or is everyone just blind where you live?

*Insert Clapping gif because there are so dang many*

The demand is too high, to be fair. Everyone's always finding excuses to clap. Damned clappers, they ruined clapping!

Agreed. Although who is she talking to?

Kreiss, since he was the one to enter the house. That's just the generic response for everyone except Sasha and Luca, really.

Huh, interesting. I'm trying to remember if Thracia has something similar.

If you come up with anything, let me know.

For some reason, the video is copyrighted and blocked over here.

Darn regional laws.

Ah, yes. It's just Vega getting kicked in the face through a wall by Chun Li, I'm sure you can picture that moment. The fight's that famous.

So much dodging! If it was a continuous battle, it must have been a sight to see.

It is. And it's not even the game's flashiest scripted battle. It's a shame I can't record it, things like these deserve to be seen in full.

So this gams critical hits are signified via sparkles? Interesting.

Also, what do you mean by the animations aren't always great?

Well, aside from the sparkles, every class has its own crit animation, like in all mainline FEs, and some of them are... less than stellar. I'll be sure to pinpoint and ramble about those when they come up.

Yeah, I found nothing. Other than his name could also be translated to start with a P.

Pentzenheimer? Jesus Christ that's even worse, please don't say that name ever again.

Or... doing what ever one of those feminine poses where they have one leg up.

With both her arms stretched forward?

She's never played a stealth game that rewards you for not killing anyone before, has she?

Then again, at the time the game was released, Metal Gear Solid may have been the only example most people knew, and you permanently deal with enemies by snapping their necks in that game.

She just has low self-esteem, but I'll try to change that. She'll see just how much potential she has!

Huh. Part of me want's to say that pointlessly sexist. The other part of me knows its referencing a past time period and it's a clever way of adding strategy to the game.

I can forgive the sexism if it means I don't have to face a Dougy situation in chapter 4. Jeez...

...w-well, of course, there's also the fact that this was a thing back then, so... yeah...

Huh, interesting. Can't wait to see more examples of the game pulling this off.

There may just be a few.

Gah! What is that monstrosity!

An idea. An idea that Ruminant gave me, I might add. Scream murder at her if you want.

Why is she holding a crossbow one-handed? Those aren't light weapons. Heck, I've fired one before; you need two hands to hold them.

That's not even getting into reloading. Pulling the string back is not an easy feat. There's a reason they can pierce armor with a well placed shot.

She's a badass, that's why. In all seriousness, though, you'll be surprised to find out just how few people actually hold crossbows with both hands in this game. Lady Knights like Kate are one of the very few exceptions: everyone else just akimboes the things.

Once again, critical hits use flashes of light. They love switching them up between games, don't they?

Hey, gotta escape that lawsuit somehow.

That was an extensive, if entertaining conversation. I wonder how that joke came about, as it's somehow both accurate and out-of-nowhere.

It's great, that's what it is. A stroke of genius, that's how it came about.

And what do you know? I spent two hours writing all that. I really need to take a writing class.

Ah, don't worry. I appreciate the results.

17 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Roger won't raise it's sword against a lady. That's what underlings are there for after all. Truly the living image of a knight.

He's even clad in shining white armor!

A nice little detail here is that if you kill Roger, then Mel will got nuts and start attacking. Otherwise she is not aggressive.

I didn't know that. Huh... Kaga did the whole "Sheema gets mad if you kill her countrymen" stunt FE12 pulled first, then. Kaga truly did do it first, didn't he?

If Luca were here, he couldn't recruit Raquel either. But she does give him a Shortbow with 80 initiate kills. Which means it gives a neat little 30 crit bonus. Cute but not quite as good as the Defense Staff I'd wager.

I raised it to 50 in the playthrough I used Luca. It was, uh... not worth the effort very much.

There is at least one more loophole for Raquel's unwillingness to kill. She can kill enemies that hold an Elixir since those will automatically revive the user. Never tested this with an Amulet.

Perhaps she notices that the enemy's holding the Azoth (Elixir... pah!) and decides to go all out for once?

Also, you are not gonna use Mathel? Seriously? I mean, you could just call her Mather if necessary.

As a mather of fact, I won't. I thought by now people would know how I roll. Especially considering I casually mention in the OP how I used Matthis and Wade. Not many people are crazy enough to use Matthis, I'll have you know!

In all seriousness, though, I'd like to keep things interesting. I'll probably end up with some popular picks in my team, but for the most part I'll try giving the underdogs a chance. Martel, I'm afraid, doesn't strike me as a very fun unit to use. Sasha's a lot more entertaining, being a trainee and all.

If Sasha dies, though (and you can be sure that her chances are very high, with me being the brains behind the army's strategies), I might just have to attempt to use her. But let's hope that doesn't happen.

15 hours ago, Ruminant said:

I call him an average unit and first thing he does is get this level up. Shame that Arkis hasn't decided to do the same, especially if you're going to be dragging him along for awhile yet.

Arkis will prove himself. I have a good feeling about him. I mean, he's green! I like green. Green's a very creative color.

Why is his town named the same thing as his sword, anyway? Is it just that the sword's named after the place, or something?

Maybe there isn't a town named Schram, he just lives by, with and in his sword, because he's just that edgy. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

I can already tell Raquel's going to be fun to use. Mercy is ridiculously good on a unit with stats this good (unlike Part 4 Elincia), I'd even go as far to say that it'd be OP if she had an enemy phase - then again, any unit with a statline like that and an enemy phase this early on would be OP, Mercy or no. Regardless, it allows her to contribute as much as you want her to while safely letting weaker units reap the spoils of her efforts, and that is very cool, I think.

Can I just say I love how you cut my giant love letter to her and just put (text) in its place? Hilarious.

I mean, after giving him the moniker of Juliattisnacordst you can't proceed to not use him, right?

It would be the ultimate troll, but alas, I think I'd rather take the chance to be able to say Juliattisnacordst at least once per update.

I keep misspelling it as Juliattisnacodst. That's going to be annoying.

beautiful

this is exactly what I was hoping for whilst trying to pretend that I wasn't hoping for anything

Come now, it was painfully obvious you were just eagerly waiting for me to do it. By know everyone who's read at least one of my LPs should know how much I love making shitty edits and memes.

15 hours ago, Pengaius said:

We're gonna build a wall and we're gonna make Roger pay for it. 

I was waiting for this.

Barthnoise.jpg

Can I thank you for making me burst into loud laughter? It's the way the roblox head popped up out of nowhere that made the video. I was expecting that, but it took long enough to make me have doubts for a split second. Bottom line, that was good, I thank thee, Butterlord.

Come on it wouldn't be a Rubenio LP if you didn't use the hilariously bad units and somehow make them Godly! Remember for Pherae? The jacket musketeers? Matthis? You must do it! You must!

I remember for Pherae and Matthis, both with a certain satisfaction I might add, but I can't say I understand who you refer to with "jacket musketeers". Magnificent Jacket Leiden was only one person, even if he fought like five, and noone else had any jackets that compared to his!

also arkis looks really good. 

What, you gay or something? Hah! You're gay for Arkis!

...that gives me an idea, even if it ironically doesn't work in this context... ah, what the hell. I'll just leave this here for when he's inevitably killed:

dL4RAu2.png

17 minutes ago, Dayni said:

1. I play on my phone. 

Yeah, but if the game gets too big it'll implode, and then you won't have a phone anymore!

2. Does Bluestacks even work on Linux?

I have no idea.

3. I thought that had been cracked down on by Ninty by now?

Why would they crack down a mere emulator? It's not like it allows for free, infinite orbs, right? In fact, I'm willing to bet they might just get a few more players if they released the game on PC or at least supported emulators and stuff. I know I, for one, consider the very little space and bad performance of my phone to be a big dealbreaker. But hey, what do I know, I'm not the Big N.

4. How do you know what Bluestacks is?

What, can a man not be knowledgable?

Apparently so. Though I'd edited it, so you had the first version of the post the whole time!

Ain't that a riot.

When I get back to it.

That game is horrible for arachnophobes though.

Sheesh, that sounds rough... I'm sorry.

Look into the Berwick comparisons with Tellius and do that.

If I ever play Berwick, I will.

But of course. Drop a decent unit entirely because of a different game entirely.

It's me, Dayni. You've been here since the FE12 LP, by now you shouldn't be letting these things surprise you.

Wait, Arkis can get a good level.

Huh, strange world.

Kreiss* Arkis got a merely serviceable one.

Nah, he looks too.... refined? to go throw someone like that. 

He's bloodthristy, but heaven forbid him being too forceful.

Hm. That's fair.

Eugen just excuses himself to head off for some random woman in the army.

Of course he does.

#justEugenthings.

I mean, it was called Emblem Saga. He was either being vindictive or just couldn't let go.

How about a little of both?

She's perfect for Jeiganing!

I mean, she is, why the strike?

See, this is the kind of unit I wish showed up more. It's a shame this hasn't shown up elsewhere.

Yeah, she's too good.

Also Kaga's apparently able to change gender at will.

Hey, I was in the middle of a fanboygasm, spare me some typos, okay?

Bartz has a lot more to do though I'd argue to secure that.

Juliattisnacordst*

C'mon... embrace the lame names... I got you to call Douglas "Dougy" in the end, you can be sure I'll make you call this guy Juliattisnacordst...

See, moments like this....

Man, imagine if Kaga never left. We might not have gotten the remakes, but Fates? I think we could live with what replaced it.

Hahahahah... poor fates.

Delete this.

Nuh!

Liza wasn't a knight of Wellt though.

This isn't inaccurate.

Good point.

Well, that's one way to name it.

Not mine though.

That's because you're not as kewl as Old Man NPC.

Spoiler

ISmljny.png

We just got here, Eugen! You can give them at least five minutes without being snarky, can you? Ah, who am I kidding... you can't, and that's why I love you!

LRWwhwO.pngHm... Codha must have moved the majority of his forces to Fort Wellt.

tN4k68u.pngFort Wellt? Why? The palace is already plenty defended.

LRWwhwO.pngThe troops defending the castle are knights serving the royal family. Codha technically has power over them, but they are not his personal soldiers.

vUN6DQJ.pngIf Codha's greedy motives became public, he could not trust the palace's knights to still fight for him.

LRWwhwO.pngExactly.

fKvC2t7.png

0zFk3fj.png I love how even just from their names, you can tell which one's the recruitable one. C'mon, what kind of name is Dommes? Berom?

tN4k68u.pngHow are the other nobles reacting?

LRWwhwO.pngCodha has branded us rebels and has asked them to join him in suppressing us, but for now they are paying him no heed. They know that we cannot possibly be rebels with Princess Sasha as our leader.

0zFk3fj.png Here's the reason Sasha's our leader: she's the living proof that we aren't assholes. Now I'm curious as to how this would've all played out if she was dead...

tN4k68u.pngThat puts us at an advantage.

LRWwhwO.pngYes. Codha still has the upper hand in terms of manpower, but his lack of judgment is leaving him without allies. However, our troops are currently too exhausted to battle an army that far outnumbers them. We should take a few days to recover and reorganize.

xQunKTk.png 'Kay then, days of rest it is. Next time, we keep going. See you then, farewell!

LRWwhwO.png Lord Runan, I suggest that we visit the Temple of Mars. I wish to explain the situation to Master Eisenbach and ask for his aid.

CHtkIn6.png

xQunKTk.png Nonsense! It'd be pretty rad to get a Gotoh right now, although...

0zFk3fj.png Wait, no! He'll send us hiking through volcanos and deserts! Shut up, I'm not crazy, this is a very real concern! I will not put up with that crap again! Frey died for Gotoh's nonsense, remember? Frey! And Cecille, too...!

xQunKTk.png Of course, I got to use Leiden and Athena as a result of that and it was absolutely amazing, but...

Yl89bWy.png

hTMofYU.png ...I... I have no words. This man is hilarious.

Meanwhile, in the barracks...

vjmMT8T.png...

fcJEJ9A.pngIs something wrong, Father Lee?

vjmMT8T.pngNot particularly, why?

fcJEJ9A.pngOh, no reason... I just wanted to talk...

vjmMT8T.pngOf course, I understand. Thank you for your concern. Are you liking that new staff of yours? Can you handle it?

fcJEJ9A.pngYes, of course! It's a great staff. Thanks a lot for giving it to me!

vjmMT8T.pngThink nothing of it. Should you ever need anything, look for me. I'll see what I can do.

fcJEJ9A.pngThanks, Father!

vUN6DQJ.pngMaster Eisenbach's power would be a great asset.

0zFk3fj.png Why, yes, I did just write a support out of nowhere. It was supposed to only be an anti-joke at first, but like the FE6 fanfic, it got completely out of hand. I fear for the future now...

tN4k68u.pngWhat do you think, Enteh?

WgtWCgP.pngA mage's power is meant to be used against the Dark God and his fell creatures. The Master would never involve himself in the squabblings of the secular world.

0zFk3fj.png He sounds like a bundle of joy. Could he be any more prepotent?

wkWhetj.png

hTMofYU.png

vUN6DQJ.pngWell, let us be off. We can at least try and reason with the Master.

MvUBxGU.png

I don't think that will work, honestly. If there's something that could ever stand a chance against the Eugen Charm, it's a Gotoh's pomposity and inconvenience. Speaking of, let's see what he's up to.

5vRmlpD.png

NoVY9NU.pngIt's Guenchaos. It seems he did not sense Enteh... Rather, he has sensed me... He is coming to the Temple of Mars. Find Maruj and bring him here. There is something I must tell him.

0zFk3fj.png That you want him to spin around madly until he pukes, then use that puke to write the American constitution on the wall before you tell him what he needs to know? Or perhaps you're a reasonable Gotohman... now that would be a pleasant surprise. After all, this is the same game with the best Malledus...

Ujz6qgr.pngYes, Father.

Mf73rkm.pngrxLvpPC.pnglIDOhwN.png

xQunKTk.png Fun fact: Maruja, in spanish, is a really old-fashioned name that is more commonly used as a moniker for the kind of old woman who's constantly gossiping about everyone, spying on pedestrians through the window's blinds, and watching soap operas. You know the ones. This fact makes me question the wisdom in calling this young kid Maruj, but then again, I named someone Juliattisnacordst, so I'm in no position to judge, am I?

NoVY9NU.pngI have a task for you, Maruj. You must go and warn Enteh to stay away from the Temple of Mars.

tswrvWm.pngWhat do you mean? didn't you just send martel this morning to go bring her back?

NoVY9NU.pngThe situation has changed. Enteh is in grave danger. Please, Maruj, time is running short...

hfxkap4.png

MKiXZDW.png

ODJJQld.png

IfRBMws.png Oh, shit!

kMqLcLH.png

IfRBMws.png Ah! It's the main villain! You can tell because his robes are ridiculously big!

xQunKTk.png As a side note, I like how his main color, so to speak, is white, and Eisenbach's black. Normally that would've been the other way around, so it's rather refreshing to see a main villain who doesn't look as cartoonishly bad as he could've. I mean, permanently-squinting eyes and crown of thorns notwithstanding. In any case, I really like Guenchaos's design, it's pretty unique for an evil dark sorcerer.

nNgDB04.pngWhere is the Shaman of Water?

NoVY9NU.pngWhy do you continue to pursue that hopeless cause, Guenchaos? The Dark God will consume your flesh and destroy your will, just as it did Kalbazan before you.

nNgDB04.pngIs she here or not, Eisenbach?

v1MvUTP.png

NoVY9NU.pngBut that man died long ago, didn't he? The only thing I can do for him now is destroy the monster he has become...

0zFk3fj.png Well, that went from zero to a hundred real fast...

SO6dKxN.pngU1oRbRJ.png

One thing you may've noticed is that this whole thing was eerily similar to Athos's confrontation and backstory with Nergal at the end of FE7, except here it takes place in chapter 5 and it's a lot more succinct. I won't delve too much into detail, but suffice to say, when I claimed both IntSys and Kaga ripped each other off, I really meant it. We'll be seeing more paralells between this game and mainline FEs (especially FE7) in due time.

aDdgH84.png

Anyway, now that we're back in control, let's see what Eisenbach's chances are.

23Ad0lI.png7Q19qiq.png

He leads an all-mage party. We'll take a look at Sylphis and Maruj later. For now, let's check out the man himself. He has a personal tome, Wundergust, and a crapton of magic, but his other stats are rather average-looking for a guy supposed to be so oh powerful. Ironically enough, he has the same speed as our very own Lee, and lower HP.

DfrgyMa.png

Now, for Guenchaos, he has a broader selection of units, with Mages and Soldiers, as well as a guy named Dagon who will be our boss of the day. I don't presume stating that we won't be fighting Guenchaos today is that much of a spoiler, right?

AgdGgGr.png

Yeah... we'd be royally screwed if that was the case. He's not as powerful as, say, Nergal, but look at that speed! It's a good thing his tome seems to weight 20 kilograms, the old bastard is on fire.

kWlDh5m.pngkzts6qF.png

As with Maruj and Sylphis, I will postpone checking out Dagon until we actually play the chapter. Right now, all I do is hand over the Paces a-Hundred Yet Still I Cure we got last chapter to Enteh and head towards the temple. It's always a good thing to have two Paces a-Hundred Yet Still I Cure-toting healers.

2sXCz0N.png

Fallen master? Nonsense, there's no way they'd kill Gotoh off this early on.

SNZs6iX.pngu58Zxwf.png

We arrive, but we seem to be a little too late: the Mars clergy is completely surrounded, with Eisenbach at the throne.

This is pretty much the whole map, by the way. It's not the biggest temple in the world.

NC9Wqd7.png

nNgDB04.pngLook what has become of the Four Sages! Maios and Octavus have already fallen before my power. Not even light or fire could hope to overcome my overwhelming darkness. That leaves only you, Sage of Wind. Do you still doubt my power?

NoVY9NU.pngYou have not once used your own power. Rather than produce your own magic, you've stolen the ancient curses for yourself.

gr3Gz3l.png

0zFk3fj.png Well, he seems to be pretty confident, at least.

nNgDB04.png Spoken like a man who still has something left to lose. You have never known true pain...

zOFiniV.pngD7yzrox.png

0zFk3fj.png That was a pretty cool line. A shame he'll be saved by the plot, most surely...

KDpNvxG.pngyWLkdKK.pngzfntoFu.png

Oh, he got hit? Color me surprised, but I'm sure he'll warp away or something silly like that.

u4egwZK.png

What

4T487wY.png9vwVMyp.png

What?!

zAF2IHx.pngL048xgI.png

JEEZ!

1ZbyMKx.png

This is going to hell in a handbasket, fast!

jte7Gen.pnglWv78T4.pngAm0iA9S.png

I always found this guy's portrait to be really funny. What's that hat he's wearing? It reminds me of the hat every old man from Spain wears.

0N2MuXo.png

This one! See? It's the exact same thing! Why does he wear that? How old even is he?! Hilarious.

gZUN7u3.png

And the Big Bad's off. I suppose that's fair, he just FRIGGIN' MURDERED EISENBACH, SPARE HIM SOME PLOT TELEPORTATION.

9Av6qcr.pngS8T6zJo.png

IfRBMws.png ...oh, dear. This's not going to be a pretty sight to behold, is it.

Ujz6qgr.pngMaruj, do as the Master ordered! Go and warn Sister Enteh! Leave the temple to us. We can take care of ourselves. Now go!

tswrvWm.pngMother...

uPSkNFe.png

WgtWCgP.pngNo... Master Eisenbach!

tN4k68u.pngEnteh? What's wrong?

avRjBlK.png

tN4k68u.png...Wait! Don't rush off on your own!

2ROxWP5.png

Oh, no... don't go in there, you idiot! You'll get slaughtered! Get back here!

That was a rather short update, but... hoo, boy. Next time, we follow Enteh into the temple and see if we can ensure at least Maruj and Sylphis make it out all right. Until then... I hope you fare better than Eisenbach there did. Ouch...

Given his status, Eisenbach seems rather unimpressive. Not that it's much of a surprise that an old man like him wouldn't be all that durable. And he most certainly has very high magic and mastery. But otherwise even his level is not all that high.

Luck be with you sire...

Thank you. I have a pretty much a month to relax, and then it's the final run (technically. Again, my college situation is kind of complicated).

It is, isn't it? I can't remember if I got it or not... I was more of a fan of the blitzkrieg, myself.

Yeah, I remember getting the achievement really early on. I still need to unlock the blitzkrieg.

Speaking of which, I'm reminded of an hour long presentation the developers gave of the game where they discussed how the electric whip was useful for destroying a large amount of Vek, but greatly risked collateral damage if the player wasn't careful. It's interesting how willing they were to scrap weapon on the spot if it proved to be unbalanced, and how they even needed to give thought to the upgrades. The frost gun, for instance, originally had an upgrade to prevent the mech from freezing, but they scrapped the idea when playtesters used the self-freezing for defensive purposes. It was also interesting to see how they planned on all the relevant information being on one screen, how there were no hidden mechanics, how the RNG was implemented to make each battle unique, etc. I need to find it again, it was an interesting watch.

Ah, if that's the case, then sure, you may as well go ahead. Your suspicions are sadly correct: DS emulation is pretty lame. Desmume is by far the best emulator for the console, yet even on my pretty good computer it stutters if I choose a particularly fancy-looking visual filter.

I doubt my computer or laptop can't run it, but I am curious if it just doesn't like downloading

It's at least ever-so-slightly less dumb than the old translation's name, Kodder. What even is a kodder?

codder. 2. noun. Yorkshire dialect the leader of a team of workers on a press at a steelworks.

I, too, have forgotten everything.

Meanwhile, I'm pretty much remembered everything. At least relating to the story and unique mechanics, that is.

The quintessential example of "Kaga did it first", with TRS being the ultimate example. Does that make any sense?

Whoops. Forgot to finish the sentence. Although I don't think it really matters if Kaga did it first. It seems like IS and Kaga liked to throw the game a bone and a reference every now and again. And given that it was mostly an obscure game for a long time, it was easy to do without anyone suspecting it came from an NES game.

I understand. Maybe I should try reading/watching an LP of it at some point, I'm really not knowledgable enough when it comes to the 3DS titles.

Eh, Awakenings story is merely okay. Worth going through once or twice, and it most certainly has its moments, but afterwards you'll be skipping it. Unless you're having fun with reclassing shenanigans and making some of the cutscenes even more hilarious.

It's the gameplay that really causes people to love or hate the game, and it's not hard to see why. It's really easy to break the game even by accident, but the sheer amount of depth present on how to break the game could either draw or push away people from the game. It also gives you a ridiculous amount of freedom to play as you want, as stuff like pair-up, grinding, reclassing, promoting, using characters and weapons, etc. is completely optional, and the gamed doesn't punish the player at all for deciding to do a challenge run, no matter how ridiculous. Whether that's a good or bad thing, again, depends on the person.

Support-wise, well, pick any character from the game, run through their supports, and you'll get a good idea of how widely the quality of the writing ranges. The good outnumbers the bad in my opinion, but it's really easy to go from a hidden gem to something that was written and edited in 5 minutes. They also pulled the "one-dimensional trope is actually a three-dimensional character" trick, and it's handling was a double-edged sword.

Honestly, I remember the final 10-20 hours before my game shit itself being mostly a slog through countless castle sieges that I couldn't participate in because getting knocked out stopped the battle. In ladder sieges, I tried to get creative, jumping over the enemy and assaulting them from within, things like that. Once in a blue moon, it worked, and it felt good. In siegetower sieges, though, it was completely hopeless: start the siege, hop on the siegetower for protection, open the steam overlay and watch a video or something while the game played itself. Gotta say, that was exceedingly crappy design. And the gamebreaking glitch I experienced when only the Khergits were left before I earned total conquest did not help the game's case.

Yeah... the quick-play thing told me all I needed to know about the sieges. It's still fun to snipe enemies with an archer-focused character.

I have heard great things of the modding scene of this game, too. Maybe I should give it another shot some day.

I've only tried the two "official" mods, which are Napoleonic Wars and Viking Conquest, but both are great. The former won't win any awards for being a competitive game (all guns are single shot, and it's possible to aim straight forward and hit the ground four feet in front of you) but it makes up for it in wackiness and charm (and a great soundtrack. Seriously, this has some of the best renditions of classical music I've heard. The orchestra they used is underrated as heck). The latter actually has a pretty well-written story mode and more content than the base game at times, even if horses are a rarity and the story missions get ridiculously difficult at times.

Ooohhh yeah, I 'member. That was a cool thread.

I've had thoughts of necromancing it, but both times I tried to do so with other topics, it didn't go anywhere.

Do you live in a world of darkness, is that it? Or is everyone just blind where you live?

Maybe. Or glasses just really look fitting on my face.

The demand is too high, to be fair. Everyone's always finding excuses to clap. Damned clappers, they ruined clapping!

I could probably search for ages finding the right one. Seriously, there's sarcastic clapping, genuine clapping, "I'm trying to compliment a poor performance" clapping...

Well, aside from the sparkles, every class has its own crit animation, like in all mainline FEs, and some of them are... less than stellar. I'll be sure to pinpoint and ramble about those when they come up.

I see. I may have to look up a compilation of them on youtube later.

Ah, yes. It's just Vega getting kicked in the face through a wall by Chun Li, I'm sure you can picture that moment. The fight's that famous.

I guess it's probably on youtube or the internet somewhere. I'll have to check it out later.

She just has low self-esteem, but I'll try to change that. She'll see just how much potential she has!

I was planning on going into a discussion about how many video-games allow you the path of being an absoulute pacifist, while Deus Ex pretty much said "you're fighting terrorists. sometimes you have to but a bullet in their head". Until I looked up the release dates, and realized that few famous stealth games existed at the same time of Tear Ring Saga.

'Course, I could bring up Below The Roots, perhaps the first game to be canon within a book series (and actually fix a unpopular death in the book), have different characters that get treated differently due to race, and everyone's an actual pacifist, but I doubt anyone has heard of it.

An idea. An idea that Ruminant gave me, I might add. Scream murder at her if you want.

I just wonder if I'll get used to in in time, is all...

0zFk3fj.png I love how even just from their names, you can tell which one's the recruitable one. C'mon, what kind of name is Dommes? Berom?

Berom is an ethnic group in Nigera. Don't know what Dommes is.

0zFk3fj.png Wait, no! He'll send us hiking through volcanos and deserts! Shut up, I'm not crazy, this is a very real concern! I will not put up with that crap again! Frey died for Gotoh's nonsense, remember? Frey! And Cecille, too...!

xQunKTk.png Of course, I got to use Leiden and Athena as a result of that and it was absolutely amazing, but...

More stuff to look foward to.

xQunKTk.png Fun fact: Maruja, in spanish, is a really old-fashioned name that is more commonly used as a moniker for the kind of old woman who's constantly gossiping about everyone, spying on pedestrians through the window's blinds, and watching soap operas. You know the ones. This fact makes me question the wisdom in calling this young kid Maruj, but then again, I named someone Juliattisnacordst, so I'm in no position to judge, am I?

This is why you research a name before using it. Heck, Sega almost called a level "Genocide City" just because they thought the word sounded cool.

xQunKTk.png As a side note, I like how his main color, so to speak, is white, and Eisenbach's black. Normally that would've been the other way around, so it's rather refreshing to see a main villain who doesn't look as cartoonishly bad as he could've. I mean, permanently-squinting eyes and crown of thorns notwithstanding. In any case, I really like Guenchaos's design, it's pretty unique for an evil dark sorcerer.

Agreed, it definitely is a more refreshing look for a sorcerer villain.

Although thanks to your comment on the crown of thorns, I stared at his head for a solid minute trying tell if it actually was or not.

2sXCz0N.png

Fallen master? Nonsense, there's no way they'd kill Gotoh off this early on.

I'm betting that they're going to subvert expectations and either kill the Gotoh or seriously wound him.

1ZbyMKx.png

Eyup. He's dead.

...Anyone want to make a bet that he'll come back as a force ghost for a scene or two?

2ROxWP5.png

Oh, no... don't go in there, you idiot! You'll get slaughtered! Get back here!

That was a rather short update, but... hoo, boy. Next time, we follow Enteh into the temple and see if we can ensure at least Maruj and Sylphis make it out all right. Until then... I hope you fare better than Eisenbach there did. Ouch...

Oh... boy. Something tells me the next episode will be a doozy.

Yeah, but if the game gets too big it'll implode, and then you won't have a phone anymore!

I'm likely replacing my current phone at some point in 2019. It's kind of my hardware replacement year right now (That and hopefully a Switch).

Why would they crack down a mere emulator? It's not like it allows for free, infinite orbs, right? In fact, I'm willing to bet they might just get a few more players if they released the game on PC or at least supported emulators and stuff. I know I, for one, consider the very little space and bad performance of my phone to be a big dealbreaker. But hey, what do I know, I'm not the Big N.

They've been very serious about cracking down on them for a long time. Ninty tries to maintain control a lot, even as they're opening up on video content with their games hacks are still a No no for them.

What, can a man not be knowledgable?

I'm just wondering how you know of it.

Sheesh, that sounds rough... I'm sorry.

I'm not an arachnophobe. But those spiders are scarier than any spider here, because they are all brutal to fight and one of the bosses left to fight is one..

Kreiss* Arkis got a merely serviceable one.

I mean, when have the Christmas cavs been different? :P

I mean, she is, why the strike?

Because referring to a female archer as one is out of place?

C'mon... embrace the lame names... I got you to call Douglas "Dougy" in the end, you can be sure I'll make you call this guy Juliattisnacordst...

Compromise on using Butz?

Hahahahah... poor fates.

I give Fates a lot of shit.

In fairness, at least some is undeserved.

That's because you're not as kewl as Old Man NPC.

I didn't pretend to be.

Yl89bWy.png

vjmMT8T.png...

Eugen gives no fucks: I'd say we're at 10 right now?

wkWhetj.png

hTMofYU.png

I see you're utterly speechless.

v1MvUTP.png

NoVY9NU.pngBut that man died long ago, didn't he? The only thing I can do for him now is destroy the monster he has become...

0zFk3fj.png Well, that went from zero to a hundred real fast...

Well, I can't not see this now:

YWMBG.jpg

zAF2IHx.pngL048xgI.png

JEEZ!

RIP Decent Gotoh.

As an aside, the best FEH artist drew Wrys.

On 12/15/2018 at 6:31 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Yl89bWy.png

immersion BROKEN

Seriously though, how hard would it have been to create a conditional for Lee's recruitment (and his being alive, but you'd have to be really bad to get him killed this early... not unlike me) and have it modify this dialogue? If you have Lee to begin with he's almost certainly your best unit at this point, and it's uncharacteristic of Eugen to not be able to recognize that, I think.

His name in an old translation patch (the one used in the TRS LP on LPArchive; the SF main site, by contrast, calls him Maruju) was Maharaj, which a brief Wikipedia search reveals is a variant of the Sanskrit title Mahārāja, which translates to "great king." Honestly, I'm with the old translation on this one - it may be more accurate to the Japanese name, but aside from not actually meaning anything as far as I can tell, Maruj doesn't even sound cool, and that's the most important thing to consider with character names, right?

L048xgI.png

JEEZ!

Guenchaos is doing us a favor. He just doesn't want to give Gotoh a chance to put us through ridiculous trials while sitting back and doing nothing himself; I can respect that.

Okay, maybe that's a bit too mean...

Edited by Ruminant
clarification

Part 8 - The map that randomly has the best map theme in the game.

Seriously, listen to that. It's awesome.

On 15/12/2018 at 4:06 PM, BrightBow said:

Given his status, Eisenbach seems rather unimpressive. Not that it's much of a surprise that an old man like him wouldn't be all that durable. And he most certainly has very high magic and mastery. But otherwise even his level is not all that high.

Give him a break, it's implied that he hasn't had to fight a real battle for many, many years, while Guenchaos seems to have been keeping himself busy. Eisenbach was probably just rusty. 'Sides, Guenchaos cheated.

On 15/12/2018 at 5:49 PM, Hawkwing said:

Thank you. I have a pretty much a month to relax, and then it's the final run (technically. Again, my college situation is kind of complicated).

Once again, I wish you luck.

Yeah, I remember getting the achievement really early on. I still need to unlock the blitzkrieg.

Speaking of which, I'm reminded of an hour long presentation the developers gave of the game where they discussed how the electric whip was useful for destroying a large amount of Vek, but greatly risked collateral damage if the player wasn't careful. It's interesting how willing they were to scrap weapon on the spot if it proved to be unbalanced, and how they even needed to give thought to the upgrades. The frost gun, for instance, originally had an upgrade to prevent the mech from freezing, but they scrapped the idea when playtesters used the self-freezing for defensive purposes. It was also interesting to see how they planned on all the relevant information being on one screen, how there were no hidden mechanics, how the RNG was implemented to make each battle unique, etc. I need to find it again, it was an interesting watch.

The game did feel very tightly put together, although I must say, I would've liked some map size and shape variety. The game was perfectly great as-is (I mean, I put a solid 30 hours on it) but an advanced edition à la FTL would get me to come back to it in a heartbeat, no questions asked.

In fact, all this ITB talk is making me want to give it another go... it's been a while. I think I will... after all, I'm almost done with Order of Ecclesia.

I doubt my computer or laptop can't run it, but I am curious if it just doesn't like downloading

Ey, nothing to lose giving it a try, right?

codder. 2. noun. Yorkshire dialect the leader of a team of workers on a press at a steelworks.

So what you're telling me is that Codha owns a press? Is that how he got elected, through propaganda?

Meanwhile, I'm pretty much remembered everything. At least relating to the story and unique mechanics, that is.

Well, then, if you see any similarities/reference, give me a shout.

Whoops. Forgot to finish the sentence. Although I don't think it really matters if Kaga did it first. It seems like IS and Kaga liked to throw the game a bone and a reference every now and again. And given that it was mostly an obscure game for a long time, it was easy to do without anyone suspecting it came from an NES game.

And then they remade it and didn't fix the maps. Oh, well, win some, lose some.

Eh, Awakenings story is merely okay. Worth going through once or twice, and it most certainly has its moments, but afterwards you'll be skipping it. Unless you're having fun with reclassing shenanigans and making some of the cutscenes even more hilarious.

It's the gameplay that really causes people to love or hate the game, and it's not hard to see why. It's really easy to break the game even by accident, but the sheer amount of depth present on how to break the game could either draw or push away people from the game. It also gives you a ridiculous amount of freedom to play as you want, as stuff like pair-up, grinding, reclassing, promoting, using characters and weapons, etc. is completely optional, and the gamed doesn't punish the player at all for deciding to do a challenge run, no matter how ridiculous. Whether that's a good or bad thing, again, depends on the person.

That sounds interesting enough.

Support-wise, well, pick any character from the game, run through their supports, and you'll get a good idea of how widely the quality of the writing ranges. The good outnumbers the bad in my opinion, but it's really easy to go from a hidden gem to something that was written and edited in 5 minutes. They also pulled the "one-dimensional trope is actually a three-dimensional character" trick, and it's handling was a double-edged sword.

Hey, I like FE12 despite the problems it has, with the rather flawed take on book 2's story and the very mixed bag that are the game's supports (I'll defend things like Arran to the bitter end, but even I can't excuse some of the crap it pulls). Perhaps I'd like Awakening more than I think I'd do...?

Yeah... the quick-play thing told me all I needed to know about the sieges. It's still fun to snipe enemies with an archer-focused character.

It was, until you ran out of arrows or some random mook caught sight of you and you had to flee because it doesn't matter if you kill 500 mooks, the second your ankle is sprained, the entirety of both your army and all the armies of your supporting lords will panic and sound the retreat. Bleh...

I've only tried the two "official" mods, which are Napoleonic Wars and Viking Conquest, but both are great. The former won't win any awards for being a competitive game (all guns are single shot, and it's possible to aim straight forward and hit the ground four feet in front of you) but it makes up for it in wackiness and charm (and a great soundtrack. Seriously, this has some of the best renditions of classical music I've heard. The orchestra they used is underrated as heck). The latter actually has a pretty well-written story mode and more content than the base game at times, even if horses are a rarity and the story missions get ridiculously difficult at times.

Might have to give it a try some day, then. Just... not in Ironman mode. I wouldn't go back to past saves to cheese the game, but if I ever return to the game, I refuse to have it screw me over like the first time.

I've had thoughts of necromancing it, but both times I tried to do so with other topics, it didn't go anywhere.

Hey, go ahead. If anything else, I could help you keep it going until I forget to do it.

Maybe. Or glasses just really look fitting on my face.

I've worn glasses for so long, they feel natural to me now. Also the fact that I can't see anything without them unless it's right on my face.

I could probably search for ages finding the right one. Seriously, there's sarcastic clapping, genuine clapping, "I'm trying to compliment a poor performance" clapping...

Clapping is the universal answer for everything, after all.

I see. I may have to look up a compilation of them on youtube later.

Good luck, I very much doubt you'll find anything. You'll just have to play it for yourself. I recommend Mednafen! Ah, with a launcher, Mednafen alone is a pain to use. I use Medlaunch, myself. As for the other emulator for PS1 that I could find, ePSXe, don't even bother: it blows. It doesn't even have a trottle function, and one of this game's biggest flaws is that, due to PS1 shenanigans I assume, it's painfully slow at times, to the point where the only way to endure it is by speeding things up with the emulator. I even dropped the game four chapters prior to beating it in my first run because it was getting so very tedious and I was using ePSXe. With Mednafen to get past those technical issues, though, it's a blast all the way through.

I guess it's probably on youtube or the internet somewhere. I'll have to check it out later.

Chun li vs Vega, it's very famous.

I was planning on going into a discussion about how many video-games allow you the path of being an absoulute pacifist, while Deus Ex pretty much said "you're fighting terrorists. sometimes you have to but a bullet in their head". Until I looked up the release dates, and realized that few famous stealth games existed at the same time of Tear Ring Saga.

'Course, I could bring up Below The Roots, perhaps the first game to be canon within a book series (and actually fix a unpopular death in the book), have different characters that get treated differently due to race, and everyone's an actual pacifist, but I doubt anyone has heard of it.

Now I'm curious. I'll have to look it up.

I just wonder if I'll get used to in in time, is all...

Bah, I probably won't use it in more serious scenes... probably.

Berom is an ethnic group in Nigera. Don't know what Dommes is.

Dummbs, that's what it is.

More stuff to look foward to.

Hah. 'Suppose so.

This is why you research a name before using it. Heck, Sega almost called a level "Genocide City" just because they thought the word sounded cool.

Ahh, good ol' Japan. It wasn't even spanish this time around!

Agreed, it definitely is a more refreshing look for a sorcerer villain.

Although thanks to your comment on the crown of thorns, I stared at his head for a solid minute trying tell if it actually was or not.

I honestly have no idea. It looks rough enough to be one, but at the same time he's not bleeding, so... maybe it's a phony crown of thorns that he wears because he thinks it looks cool?

I'm betting that they're going to subvert expectations and either kill the Gotoh or seriously wound him.

Eyup. He's dead.

They didn't waste any time at all with it at least.

...Anyone want to make a bet that he'll come back as a force ghost for a scene or two?

I'll hold you to your bet. If you lose, you'll owe me an imaginary cookie, and viceversa.

Oh... boy. Something tells me the next episode will be a doozy.

Well, it is a dooze, in a way...

10 hours ago, Dayni said:

I'm likely replacing my current phone at some point in 2019. It's kind of my hardware replacement year right now (That and hopefully a Switch).

I sure hope you have the moneys.

They've been very serious about cracking down on them for a long time. Ninty tries to maintain control a lot, even as they're opening up on video content with their games hacks are still a No no for them.

Yeah, I'm aware. Nintendo seems to think consoles will work forever, and if they stop working, who cares! They'll release a tiny selection of 20 games, half of which nobody cares about, and all those other hidden gems can go fuck themselves. Oh, well, it's not as if stopping the internet's, like, a doable task. Pfhah.

I'm just wondering how you know of it.

A crapton of years ago I played Jetpack Joyride on my PC for about 5 minutes. That's all there is to it, really.

I'm not an arachnophobe. But those spiders are scarier than any spider here, because they are all brutal to fight and one of the bosses left to fight is one..

Dang, sounds like a game my friend would like.

I mean, when have the Christmas cavs been different? :P

Lesse, Cain had a character in FE11 while Abel had one in FE12, Lance's cool while Allen isn't, Alec has a bad version of Hardin's turban while I can't remember a single thing about the red guy from Genealogy, Sain's an idiot while Kent isn't, Forde's a good character but a bad unit while Kyle's the opposite, Kieran has eyes while Oscar doesn't... you get the point, I hope.

Because referring to a female archer as one is out of place?

I suppose so, but this isn't female archer, her name's Raquel. Not to be confused for all the other female archers that suck ass. Those don't get the honor of having a name.

Compromise on using Butz?

No deal. Juliattisnacordst or death.

I give Fates a lot of shit.

In fairness, at least some is undeserved.

Eh, you do you, mate. All I really know about Fates is that it has Camilla and I don't like her.

I didn't pretend to be.

Good, 'cause you'd never make it.

Eugen gives no fucks: I'd say we're at 10 right now?

You'll lose count by the end of the game, so... let's just say "a lot", we'll save some time.

I see you're utterly speechless.

He's just too amazing!

Well, I can't not see this now:

YWMBG.jpg

Except the ending's more like the one if you play as Anakin in the PS2 game.

RIP Decent Gotoh.

He wasn't Lord Inconvenience Gotoh the Pompous, so I can safely feel sad for him.

As an aside, the best FEH artist drew Wrys.

Gotta love how Wrys's so popular they're starting to paint actual paintings of him. In a few decades, he'll be displayed in the Mona Lisa's place!

6 hours ago, DestructionDragon360 said:

Yes, I was indeed talking about you :P:

Hah, oh well... can't say I expected anything else when I made up the name Juliattisnacordst.

Also, I mean, hey, have your Gotoh take a beating from the baddie, it'll keep him humble and prevent him from throwing you into deserts and at dragons.

Or, he'll die and we won't get an overpowered mage for the finale.

...ah, what am I saying? Gotoh didn't even have the decency to join in FE12, we're better off this way.

Besides,

5 hours ago, BrightBow said:

I suppose humility is kind of a non-issue when he's dead.

1 hour ago, Ruminant said:

immersion BROKEN

Seriously though, how hard would it have been to create a conditional for Lee's recruitment (and his being alive, but you'd have to be really bad to get him killed this early... not unlike me) and have it modify this dialogue? If you have Lee to begin with he's almost certainly your best unit at this point, and it's uncharacteristic of Eugen to not be able to recognize that, I think.

He's the same man who said we couldn't expect him to be in the frontlines at all. Maybe he just has a distinct disdain for magic users and is only willing to respect the very best of the best? Either that or Lee is really humble and downplays his own skills, which I can definitely imagine.

His name in an old translation patch (the one used in the TRS LP on LPArchive; the SF main site, by contrast, calls him Maruju) was Maharaj, which a brief Wikipedia search reveals is a variant of the Sanskrit title Mahārāja, which translates to "great king." Honestly, I'm with the old translation on this one - it may be more accurate to the Japanese name, but aside from not actually meaning anything as far as I can tell, Maruj doesn't even sound cool, and that's the most important thing to consider with character names, right?

Maharaj is a little dumb still, but at least it's not Maruj. It's one change that we'd been better off without, but hey, it's the first thus far, at least in my opinion. This translation still wins by a long shot.

Guenchaos is doing us a favor. He just doesn't want to give Gotoh a chance to put us through ridiculous trials while sitting back and doing nothing himself; I can respect that.

Okay, maybe that's a bit too mean...

In all seriousness, he didn't seem the kind to send us on a fool's errand. Instead, he seemed like the kind to outright refuse to help because he's oh so mystical and superior. Oh, well...

Spoiler

bd4yREZ.png

This is the temple of Mars. I really wasn't kidding when I said those two screencaps from the last update were the whole thing: this is a really tiny map, and very straightforward too. Really, half of this map is just watching the NPCs battle, we only really need to clean up whatever's left of them when we get there. Don't expect any levels, we might not even have a chance to get any.

MhuhQpg.pngY1nHtD7.png

The NPCs are little scrubby Mages, but their affinity for wind magic will allow them to survive for a while, since they'll dodge reliably and double pretty much everything. Well, except for the lady overthere, who isn't even using the wind magic that's supposed to be taught by the master of this place! What the heck?

GO8C0o5.pngNCa2oPu.png

Sylphis and Maruj are there, too. Sylphis is a "promoted" healer, except for whatever reason Clerics cannot promote into Saints even though Saints are just more powerful Clerics. Meh, don't question Kaga. As for Maruj, he's got recruitable written all over him, but I'll wait until he actually does join to talk about his numbers. He'll be heading towards us, so there's no need to worry about him getting into pointless fights, and even if some of the enemy decide to try and tear him a new one, he's got a miracle charm to keep him going a little while longer. It is possible to lose him before you can do anything about it, but it's very rare.

PihMIeY.pngrdizb0F.png

That was the allies. For the enemy, we have Shadow Mages and Lancers. One of the latter is... rather peculiar. "Sorrowful Knight"? What's that all about? And why is he so good? And why does he have a face instead of a full-body painting? Oh, well, guess we'll find out. Nosferatu might seem scary, and it is, it's hideously accurate in this game, but in this map, the NPCs tend to bear the brunt of it.

ElpLBxT.png

As for the boss of the funny beret, he's... interesting. He's a little out of our league right now, with solid stats all around, but here's the catch:

ufdnitA.png

His is a special weapon (yes, this is from a different turn, shut up). For starters, he cannot use it to counterattack. In fact, whenever he is able to use it, which is in every even-numbered turn, he'll be a sitting duck, as the weight of the tome will completely tank his speed down. However, as the description helpfully points out, this is an AoE attack: if anyone's within attack range (2-3 tiles), he'll unleash an attack that will affect the tile he used it on, and the four surrounding tiles. Coupled with his high magic, it can deliver quite the mighty blow to our forces, althoguh, once again, the NPCs are more likely to take the damage.

He also has a funny-looking bottle in the item section of his inventory. We'll see what it does, I won't spoil the surprise just yet.

1Df0ZzM.pngpNl106p.png

By the way, that whole "Enteh's ran ahead into the temple!!11!1one!!!11!!" deal? It doesn't amount to anything: she just automatically moves before the map starts, you don't even lose control of her or her first turn at all. If you wanted to, you could even have her retreat back to the entrance. Honestly, I think it would've made for a more interesting chapter if she really did run into the crossfire like a headless chicken, although, in hindsight, it would've been dangerously close to impossible to save her without some RNG blessings, considering all horses in Lieberia are claustrophobic or something.

IXJYHnU.pngmdGHQWz.pngRPex6bf.png

The NPCs start fighting. The girl may not be as good as her fellow wind mages, but she's still a capable fighter.

DrmfnlA.png

As well, Maruj heads forward to escape the temple. Go, friend! You can make it!

lHRpH2n.png

Ergh... I'd rather you didn't come to us too, Dagon. You can stay there, we'll be fine.

tN1Db04.pngVz98xeg.png

Ack! That's one Mage down... nosferatu really is nasty in this game.

GqYYoyR.pngXAlTkKc.png

Ah! No! C'mon, not before I have a chance to get to him!

Now I seriously hope that one weird lancer (his map sprite is a little darker than the rest, if you notice) doesn't attack him...

lNCSwjb.png49BvWAR.png

Well, the others went after this one mage, and he dodged both strikes, so that's a win for Mars.

KcFyssD.png

Why is everyone with a face trying to flee, even those in the enemy side?

UHCeDy0.png

Talk, huh? Well, worth a shot, I guess.

qvqwWMk.png

This guy will recruit himself if Runan's within his range, by the way. The way he begins the conversation certainly makes more sense if that's what happens.

tN4k68u.png...Who are you?

2y5wO6a.png

xQunKTk.png Ah, that explains everything. You're handsome enough to be recruitable.

TNnkiLw.pngI was a knight of a kingdom in the north called Barge, but my homeland was destroyed by Canaan and my kinsmen taken as slaves of Gerxel. I became a Shadow Knight in return for my family's safety, but... I cannot let things continue like this. Please, accept me as a refugee! I want to fight alongside you and liberate my homeland!

tN4k68u.pngA refugee... what do you think, Eugen?

vUN6DQJ.pngSir Zieg, was it? I'm very sorry to hear what happened.

7TVrj7X.png

hTMofYU.png Yeah! For Pher-- I mean, for Razellia!

TNnkiLw.pngI am forever indebted to you. You have my undying loyalty. Now, at your command, milord.

tN4k68u.pngRight...

EfGab3t.png

HP 80% - Strength 55% - Skill 55% - Speed 35% - Defense 35% - Magic 35% - Luck 30% - Mastery 35%

Kick fucking ass, this guy's an absolute monster! The Sorrowful Knight sports great bases, excellent growths for this game, a special class that negates the devil effect (hence the devil lance), and five skills! We already know Paragon, Adept and Urbanite. Nihil negates all of the enemy's skills, which can be exceedingly useful in certain situations. Wrath is one of the game's most useful and fun skills. As your health goes down, your crit skyrockets. It's horrendously balanced, to the point where at something as high as 30% health you'll get 80% crit, which might as well be guaranteed crits. Oh, and just in case you thought so, this guy isn't infantry, he's dismounted cavalry, so yeah! He also has a horse! Unbelievable!

Kaga, you're the best. I am glad to have this overpowered juggernaut. I won't use him, thank you very much. Kreiss is growing so well, he'll be better than this clown in no time!

ooTWlce.pngd7mZzk9.png

Let's save Maruj now. His name may be stupid, but I don't think he deserves to die in the same place as his grandfather.

CqYOidZ.png

This is Dagon when he can actually attack. Like I said earlier, this is an AoE attack, he just needs to find someone within his range to start it. He can't just drop the bombs wherever he feels like, which is good for me right now.

5dg3Taa.png

Sylphis retreats into the corner. Smart woman.

hnhUpWt.pngdAODMW9.png3pf84mJ.png

The clergy wipes the floor with Guenchaos's forces. This is the army that's terrorizing the continent? Hah! Or maybe Guenchaos just doesn't care now that Eisenbach's gone.

ubIoEj6.png

Ah, here it comes... brace for impact, you brave kids!

wrfHfd6.png

Oof-- wait, did he hit one of his own men?! Bwahahahahahahahahah... Dagon, c'mon, I'd think a guy who answers directly to Guenchaos would be better than this!

U0ifVsX.png

Sadly, the unfortunate fellow still has nosferatu, so he finishes off the fire girl and heals up. A shame.

rgU04r6.png

Look, battle sprites! We finally got to fight, and it's Raquel getting hit by a 40~% because I do not have luck.

EV6BmvU.pngKiAHRVE.png

Back to top, my girl.

vQMaeG6.png

Maruj will recruit himself if Enteh's in his range, so let's try that. I shall feed him the one lancer that survived the battle with Eisenbach's disciples afterwards.

EbdLNkc.png

Sadly, noone can reach the Shadow Mage, so the experience will likely go to waste. Them's the breaks.

aKq0CJ0.pngfYAhrNO.pngmZLXK7t.png

Hey, he actually survived the NPC phase! Maybe he'll make it yet?

9rFGGZ1.png

Whatever the case, here's Maruj.

tswrvWm.pngI thought you would know... I don't know who those people are, but Mother and Grandfather told me to protect you from them.

WgtWCgP.pngNo... Are the Master and Lady Sylphis safe?

tswrvWm.pngMother's still in there fighting... Enteh, you stay here. I'm going to go help!

WgtWCgP.pngNo, I'm coming with you! I won't run away any more! I can't let people keep getting hurt because of me!

gPur8CJ.png

Maruj just ignores Enteh's last statement and the enemy phase begins. But before that...

NCa2oPu.png

HP 45% - Magic 20% - Skill 30% - Speed 35% - Defense 10% - Strength 0% - Luck 35% - Mastery 30%

Eisenbach's heir (which is, incidentally, one of my favourite titles in this game; it just sounds so cool) here is our first growth Mage. Of course, as of now he doesn't hold a candle to Lee, but in time he'll surpass him by far... right?

Well, no. You see, Maruj's bases are rather stinky, and while he's got a lot of room for growth, since he starts at level 1, his growths aren't that great. Good speed, but his magic's lacking. Wind's the magical counterpart to swords: somewhat inaccurate and low might, but very light, and it's the school with the most durable tomes too. This, of course, doesn't synergize so well with his low magic. He can also use thunder magic, which is more like lances (the most accurate, but not as strong as fire nor as light and durable as wind) but we don't have any thunder spells nor will we for a while, so that doesn't matter right now. He learns Adept and Sol at levels 19 and 20, respectively, but Adept only if he's a Mage when reaching level 19 and Sol only if he's a Sage upon getting to level 20. That's a little peculiar.
All in all, Maruj isn't that bad, but he's probably the worst Mage in the game. In this game, a Mage's combat prowess actually tends to be inversely proportional to their availability: the best mage is the last to join, while the first is the worst. You'd think it'd be the opposite, but Tear Ring Saga likes to be a special little snowflake. Of course, that's if you don't count Lee. If you count Lee it goes right back to the good ol' "first to join is always the best" tradition we all know and love.

xzqUqa6.png

Back to the battle. The Shadow Mage held on to dear life stubbornly, but I'm afraid it was not enough. I would've liked his experience, but that's life.

wuQRFqz.png

Ah, finally!

n0pJUfa.pngoEQl6b4.png

Not much jeiganing needed here, since Maruj already crippled him earlier (yes, it's the same guy, I'm pretty sure; he's been pursuing the poor kid all chapter long), but still, I like the experience for Raquel.

tuS64ic.png

Maruj's name may be silly, but it's not as silly as his animations.

k8Mkv3n.pngwO7Hem8.pngaRdI4ww.png

Look at that! What the hell's that all about? I understand it sort of fits the wind theme he's got going for him, but still!

ryidYbW.pngXNCuZT7.png

And he does the squat again to return to the original pose. It's hilarious.

4GvdAgT.png

With that, only Dagon's left. Let's approach carefully.

iQEpeqT.pngRAqrYM8.png

Damnit you, I said carefully! Get back, get back!

LBq7fxp.png

D'awww... oh, well, such a shame. Let's try to at least make sure that one Mage lives through this one, shall we?

afCFu5t.png

C'mon, Dagon, admit defeat. Perhaps you'll be spared... ah, I can't do it, I'm sorry. You're going to die.

qbUFzLn.pnggKletff.png

H-hey! My boss kill! Stop it!

DHbRAPS.png

Is he trying to get to the throne or what? Well, I'm afraid I won't let you.

H4YqsSn.png

Lee, Eugen has disrespected you. Let us see if you can impress him by killing this imbecile!

TiVSCcO.png9Xp975B.pngL4UlxaV.png

There!

Ra7u0hB.png

No death quote? Well, that's weird, but I guess Dagon's not the most interesting of ch--

s67K1ac.png

Oi! What's this? "Azoth shone!"? What's in that bottle, a fairy?

G8voPLr.png

Hey! HEY! MY BOSS KILL! CEASE YOUR RESURRECTING AT ONCE!!

CDNYmCj.png

C'mooooon! This was supposed to be Lee's chance to prove Eugen wrong!

OKKet02.pngd5AqvYO.png

Oh, don't you dare... don't you...

rTIWxCM.png

...DARE! COME BACK HERE THIS INSTANT!

Dang! How rude! Can you believe this? Bosses these days, they're such cowards! Back in my day they didn't pull these kinds of stunts! They just accepted their fate and said some forgettable line before crumbling down and dying! This is as disrespectful as it gets! And I didn't even get to use the Morgan edit this time around either! Ah, well. At least he's bound to come back. Maybe then, I'll get to use it.

Sigh... oh well. No point in crying over teleported milk. That was a short update, so let's have a little bit of text to end on a high note. Higher than this, at least.

FkksMH5.png

...rats.

MfgN9Ee.pngSZPoJMR.pngIbxSA9k.png

0zFk3fj.png Yeah, it isn't. He may've come here looking for you, Enteh, but he clearly intended to kill Eisenbach one way or another.

sv9C7ki.pngWZJpuUn.png

0zFk3fj.png I'd say something depressing, but considering you can't die because game over star... I guess you really will take good care of it!

MYIu6MQ.png

h4izZfh.png

...and there he goes. Alas, we barely knew ye, Sage of Wind. Rest well. I'll try to see if your grandson can follow in your footsteps and bring down the Cult of Gerxel! Or help do it, at least.

That was a really shitty chapter. Shitty as in, it made me feel shitty! First Gotoh dies, then the kids died, then my experience was wasted, then Gotoh died again... and to top it all off, MY BOSS KILL! YOU DON'T DO THAT TO SOMEONE, YOU JUST DON'T! WHEN A MAN EARNS HIS BOSS KILL, IT'S ONLY FAIR TO LET HIM HAVE IT! FUCK YOU, KAGA, FUCK YOU VERY MUCH! HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF I JUST WARPED AWAY WHEN YOU KILLED ME?! HUH!? WELL, HOW WOULD YOU?!

Siiiiiiiiiiiigh... next time, perhaps we'll actually get to kill the boss, or something. Farewell.