Chaos reigns when I take the reins! - Let's play Tear Ring saga, Ironman mode, while being terrible at Fire Emblem!

Saint Rubenio

14 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, I've heard that this and Berwick outsold the Tellius games in Japan.

A fucking r34 fanart of Pretzel and Morgan would've outsold the Tellius games. But I digress.

You're worse than Mad-Manakete. Return to the hole you came from!

This is the hole I came from!

I'm going to kill your favourite character from this game, whenever you find him or her!

You already did! Though i'll notify you if I find a new favorite character.

I made it, so give me credit, props and praise, will you?

I will.

Last time, a lot of terrible shit happened. This time, less terrible shit will happen.

ElenDoubt.jpg.bfee3df7211237d5c91b3bfec55bee60.jpg

Credit, props and praise to Saint Rubenio for the portrait.

11 hours ago, Dayni said:

Ah, Jojo's. My friend who doesn't watch anime watches this with my friend who watches anime. I can't say it piques my interest, honestly. It seems like nothing but a bunch of memes and white noise. I'm going to get hate for that statement, aren't I...

I know it entirely for memes, I haven't seen any of it.

Beyond the memes, It's a legitimately great show. The older seasons feel a little dated, but it's still hugely entertaining all throughout.

Edited by Franp3

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, uh... what?

Reference to Evil the cat, Ruler of the planet Heck an Earthworm Jim villain who I was too lazy to get a picture of that I hadn't already photoshopped into a joke (Heckfire,). He'd always wear obvious disguises and frequently interject into anything he said therein "did I mention I am not a cat?" Pretty much like the shop-thief.

Wait, what? What's this? They already joined us! Not to mention, we killed every single one of your mercenaries! Are you daft, mayorman? Yes, you are, but are you also blind not to see that you were speaking to a bunch of bodies? Well, I cannot see your eyes under those oversized chunks of forehead, so, could be... ah, forget it, I don't know why I even questioned the logic behind Legomayor being the worst thing ever.

Well, he has... had mercenaries and yet still has human-trafficking and thievery and all going on. Maybe he is.

So keep her away from Panthers or else she may run off with one? Oh damn that's three replies. No Lee puns today.

Edited by Mad-manakete

On 1/9/2019 at 5:28 PM, Hawkwing said:

Blame the "Lees from Virgina" song @Unknown Gamer11 linked.

Thank one of my friends for that one, actually. I hope you all enjoyed it!

On 1/4/2019 at 10:21 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

I kinda forgot what we were talking about there.

That I like magic boomy sparky things, aka elemental things with nice spell animations.

Then she comes down and strikes her pray!

I should look up the animation myself, but I hope it's better than some fliers in PoR. They start on the ground, take off, come swooping in...and then just land again in front of them, then swing. Rather than swinging past them with any momentum or anything. It looks awkward...at least to me.

The fierce one's AoE, while the casual breath is single-target.

If she gets used more I'll continue to call it casual breath.

EIbRfjZ.png

It's just now I'm noticing this game has the 4 weapon 4 item inventory system like PoR does. I've found I both like and dislike it at times.

oBhBWj6.png

That's...kind of awesome. Again, I'm looking forward to seeing some of the high ranking magic!

Raquel doesn't care that she's got a giant snake all over her. She just sidesteps the shiny particles and that's all she needs to do.

Reminds me of a bunch of the higher level spells, especially dark, in the GBA games, but the characters can just sidestep, or barely twitch in some cases, and be perfectly fine.

The game rewards me with this great level up. Only so I'd lose focus in my glee, and fail to realise the terrible mistake I'd made.

Well she got magic faster than Maruj did, didn't she?

Ah, what a great day! I was saved by the AI's stupidity! Isn't that great? Of course it is! It's such a joyous day!

That whole inserted conversation gave me a good laugh, I love it. I also love when the AI decides not to attack the person in death range. Don't always understand it, but hey, take the small miracles where you can get em!

Guaaah! We... we be free, now...?

RIP poor soldier dude. You tried, in your own way. And yet, you saved Ruben a lot of trouble, you deserved better.

Look, a distraction! Less crits and more survivability makes me happy. I wouldn't say no to some magic, but this is fine.

Luckilee he needed the luck.

Plum gets a shitty ass level, and we're done.

I mean, I feel like this is Plum in a nutshell at this point.

On 1/9/2019 at 5:28 PM, Hawkwing said:

When it comes to FE7, you can just safely assume he did pretty much everything first. I'm not even kidding, that's the worst part.

Hmm, curious to see more on this, especially since I really like FE7 (though to be fair there's plenty of nostalgia to that).

On 1/9/2019 at 12:35 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

These two are obviously recruitable. Raffin needs to talk to Sharon, and then she has to speak with Billford, but even if he's dead/not with Runan, they'll join after the battle if they live.

I always appreciate this in these games, where if you don't manage to get the NPC recruited they'll join you if they're alive, at least in the cases where it makes total sense that they would.

This is Runan's levin sword animation. Pretty good.

With the way the pictures are, I just imagine him using that as a very long sword of lightning and dropping it on them from afar.

In all seriousness... before anyone asks, yes, I can and will rescue her. And no, I wasn't joking: the only way to get a true dancer in this game is by having Plum be kidnapped by that human scum. Joy. Absolute joy.

Yeah uh...that's kind of horrible. I know some others mentioned it, but that's going a bit too far there Kaga.

It's like Dougy on a horse. All the strength, all the defense, surprisingly serviceable speed, above-average movement... only there isn't a godly Warrior to do all that and more this time around, and I can give the boots to someone else. Say what you will, guys, but I'm sure Narron wouldn't have been nearly as good. Or entertaining! Hah!

I mean every time I see his face on the level up screen it's a slightly entertaining "Oh yeah, you're playable, keep on bein cool Norton."

Not bad at all. All things she needs. I like it.

Seems like she's doing pretty well so far.

Oh, so the flashbangs aren't exclusive to Meriel! This is really strange, because I never notice these frames while playing, whereas I did notice the FE6 flashbangs. I suppose they're just much faster than they were in FE6.

I get these all the time when trying to cap an impact in combat, so yeah they're definitely slow enough to reliably screenshot in the GBA FE's.

There goes one of this game's very few Mage Knights.

Makes you wonder why they made the class in the first place.

On 1/11/2019 at 5:05 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

O1Or9E1.png

Runan's been earning some personal points here. I love it.

A part of me finds this scene hilarious, but the fact that Kate's dealing with some severe emotional issues (and Norton's not helping) while Sasha remains completely oblivious to her troubles is rather worrying.

Yeah this is the case where I don't think the two scenes flow into each other quite too well, as opposed to the one with Esther from before where it worked a lot better IMO. Unless they build on Sasha being oblivious to this at some point.

Be sure to be punctual! Farewell, and goodbye!

I make no such promises of punctuality! (Though actually sorry I'm always so late to updates!)

Also I did like the scene among all the OCs just portraying them as the sort of family they've become.

As for the Flute, I'll go with...don't accept! Not much reason, but so far I like Esther more than Sharon I guess? Unless this just makes her be forever alone, in which case that's a little sad...

Outta curiosity, do you get an extended scene at some point if you do either choice? Or will you not see that until the ending?

I think that if neither Mintz or a player unit makes it to Pavlov in time, the execution will proceed and Leonie will die. Don't remember what Mintz will do in that case, though.

Edited by BrightBow

The age of consent in Japan is 13

wanted to address this in particular (the rest of the comment was pretty much spot-on) because as far as I can tell, it's a myth

I'm by no means an expert in Japanese law (or any law) but from my understanding it's something like the minimum age of consent at the federal level is 13 but most prefectures have it set higher, and in any case there are still laws preventing an adult from having sex with a child (defined as over 18/under 18 respectively)

not really sure what age of consent has to do with any of this anyway given that anything that might happen to Plum off-screen at this point wouldn't be consensual on her part even if she were an adult, and at any rate, she's a fictional character. I guess you just meant it as an explanation for why Kaga thought it was okay to put that scene in the game, and to be fair, I can't imagine it would've gotten through localization if the game got a proper Western release back in the day... but still, I don't entirely see the relevance.

hTMofYU.png But on the other hand, he's doing it with so much style, I can't help but love it.

Sadly, the fact that he's trying to cheat us out of a good unit outweighs the level of style with which he does it, for me.

Funny, wasn't Runan the one trying to cheat us out of good units earlier in the game? With M̢̃ͣ́â̘̖̺̠̦̪̝͐̂r̷͎̲̦̤̻͎͍̅̈́ͭ́̅̅ṭ͙͓̘̋̃̍̽̌̇e̲̯̤̲̥̤͚͆̾͂l͑̍͆̈͢, and whatnot?

0zFk3fj.png Scratch that, actually, that theme isn't dramatic enough. Ergh... this one might do the trick.

Unrelated to the scene, but considering that Hunt Down The Freeman seems to have been a total mess both in terms of its development and as an overall product, this music is surprisingly nice.

0he1UXN.png

I feel a little bad for Sharon (and also Garuda), but I'd feel more bad for Esther if Raffin just up and left now, so I'll vote to not get a Flute.

On 1/13/2019 at 4:02 PM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Hard not to appreciate Lee puns when I've made a habit of making them. You could say I was filled with gLee tosee others making use of them.

Part 21 - Return to The Room.

Replies:

Spoiler
On 12/1/2019 at 2:37 AM, Dayni said:

Sometimes I reallee try.

(Not there though)

Gah...!

That's from the BB LP.

I can confirm.

Shame, she's a pretty decent budget unit.

Her alts, on the other hand, are made to sell orbs. I didn't spend any on them but that's because I got lucky with one and didn't bother with the other. (Also yes, she has as many forms as there are Whitewings and three times as many as characters from the Western Isles in Heroes)

That's just great, that's good, that's great, good. I love it.

1. That sounds like a contradiction.

2. At least someone did.

Where's the contradiction? Also, the enemies were so pathetic anyone could've carried the team on their own.

Now it's how she sings it that would make it clear.

Smiley Runan is just sitting in the back playing the bass away.

Sounds Runy.

It's not enough.

It's enough for me!

I picked actual hard ones. And Niamh.

Respectable, but you still failed.

Do a Dew solo in Genealogy?

Nah, I've got a lot of things going on. Also Tellius to play.

Ah, that's fair enough.

I know it entirely for memes, I haven't seen any of it.

I understand.

Using that every time then?

Do you know what that's from?

I have no idea, but it's great.

So, sports personality The Wild O?

What, did he work in Barge as a newscaster before it got taken?

Maybe he did.

I mean beyond TearRing honestly.

Honestly, as brutal as some games get, I find it hard to think of any other games ballsy enough to pull a stunt like that... usually brutality in games only amounts to mindless gore. This is actually horrible.

He's not that far off, he's like Arden and Roger's grandson.

Except he turns into Shitty Duessel instead of still having no move like Arden.

I did say Quasimodo but perfect.

He still got Leonie sanctuary.

That much is true...

WGrURwk.png

I'm more amazed I forgot to use it in that LP.

You did. Shame on you!

Yes, Again!

Go Norton! Show that having a horse makes a difference!

But Dougy had more move than Norton with the boots!

He's in the Black Knights of Canann, so he's still suspect.

To Eugen that is.

Eugen does not like Black Knights, is that it? Hoo, boy, that's not very nice of him.

As I am with Albertus, you are with Eugen. :P

Hwahahahah. Good comparison.

Runan decided after killing their overlord that he's just done with Senay.

I don't blame him.

Yet he still has his army stay there for the night. And noone bothered to look for Plum while they were there!

Richard has always been about standing out.

Of course he is.

I'm pretty sure Dolcellan is dead after that.

Dead inside, for sure. Dead outside, mayhap before long.

The enemy Arden is more relevant than royals in BB.

Man BB was a mistake.

A rather enjoyable mistake, at times, but damn. As much flak as Shadow Dragon gets, at least Marth was enjoyable in the main storyline. With Roy, you have to look into his supports to get any sort of substance. And let's not talk about Merlinus. Again.

I mean, on the one hand it's supposed to be dramatic.

On the other hand, the game it's from is considered a train wreck and that.... I could say many things on that.

I did it on purpose.

kkXZfYc.png"If need be I'll drink it all to make sure you don't!"

Yeah. I made it worse by making a joke about her drinking to forget Norton's accusation.

Ouch...

When will Lyria give Ruben a nickname?

When I come up with one.

If need be, you might need that promotion. I think I'll be saying yes, if only because I'd rather covers bases if worst comes to worst.

Always looking for the worst case scenario, are you? If everyone else dies, what use could I possibly have for a base Wyvern Raffin?

On 12/1/2019 at 3:06 AM, Hawkwing said:

Oh, f*ck you SF! Stop randomly logging me out and deleting everything I write!

Oof! Sorry, mate.

Muchas gracias senor!

Señor*

Understandable. I've been thinking about cutting back on my replies as well. The last one took three or four hours to write (in no small part due to real life shenanigans and finding gifs I never ended up using), and I'd rather that not be the case.

Ouch. 4 hours?

You got lucky that I can't edit the post. I would have added a picture of someone getting their face skinned.

J I K E S

Glad to hear it! The laugh part, I mean.

It's a win-win, then.

I remember Pocket Trains. Been a few years since I last played it, though. Has anything really changed?

Can't say I've noticed anything. Not that I'd know, I never made it out of Europe in my last attempts, and that was years ago.

Excellent point. Even though it would apply to the enemies as well, but that just means the conflict can be resolved "peacefully".

Except the human scum might live.

Being fair, Grima is hinted to be just that powerful. But yeah, it's just an excuse to keep the game in the middle ages despite a thousand years passing.

The only advancement was in the ophthalmology department. Hence, Anachronic Glasses Mom and Son.

Honestly, if my ignorance is pardoned in some areas, I don't mind discussions about the pros and cons of governmental systems, or how they work in theory and in practice. Heck, I actually find it interesting how historical figures used politics to achieve something.

It's modern politics that I don't give a damn about. The general populace will complain no matter what happens, and politicians, even honest and just ones, are still pushing some sort of agenda. Makes it hard to root or care for any side.

I agree.

Should I say instead that I am asexual, aromatic, can't tell what an innuendo is unless TV Tropes points it out, and every joke I make about s*x is to criticize it?

Meanwhile, I think I low-key traumatized my best friend when he asked me what I would do if I was suddenly attacked. There are a lot of ways you can kill someone with a plastic folding chair.

That's easy, you grab the chair and fold in on the enemy's head so as to cause mild inconvenience and pain. The enemy should then give up and leave. Am I right or am I right? It is, after all, a folding chair.

It's a good indie game. I definitely recommend it. Especially of people who want a post-apocalyptic game that takes the survival aspect seriously and is tired of zombies or forced "humans are bastards" lessons (although grey morality is definitely still present, but more naturally than other examples).

I see.

Well...

Reveal hidden contents

Warning that it is a Mortal Kombat picture

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for mortal kombat x kung jin x ray

Ouchie. That looks rather upsetting.

Still not as hardcore as sending a little girl to be kidnapped by a fat pimp in order to get a dancer.

Guess we'll have to wait and see what it is, then.

Exactly.

Er, um, maybe the snake would only bite the opponent, and swallow them as a killing blow?

I can see why they made it shoot a projectile now.

It would be complicated, and Kaga had more important things to worry about, like Nintendo's barrage of Cease and Desists.

Lo Wang hasn't been born yet. Rapists are the only thing that can shut him up, and despite not getting to that part of the game, that's really saying something.

Hmm...

It is a pretty fun song.

That's an understatement.

It's definitely done well in this game. I just wish that Fire Emblem dropped that aspect and focused entirely on the "fighting a war against an opposing nation" part at times.

Hey, gotta have a Gharnef. It was so great the first time, we need to have one every single game!

Glad to hear that he won't die peacefully.

Ah, I get it.

I'm honestly surprised I was the only one to make the joke.

Likewise.

Eh, the news will focus on anything controversial as long as it brings them views. It's gotten to the point were I sincerely wonder if Trump intentionally says things so that people will complain about it, and while their focus is on that, he actually gets stuff done. Despite being neutral on the guy, that does concern me.

Sounds like an actual strategy, to be sure.

It was the second picture that popped up when I typed in "Death glare" and considering that Treasure Planet is my favorite Disney movie, I had to use it.

That is also a pretty accurate description of the picture and my feelings at that moment.

Hilarious. Absolutely delightful.

Mintz is awesome, but I will abuse his name whenever I see a chance.

Dang it!

Uh... I was going to say that I propose this as the fitting music, but okay.

No, thanks. Although, it is pretty fitting...

The part that hurts.

I also spelled Katana incorrectly, and I wish that Serenes Forest would actually allow me to edit longer posts.

I understand. I googled "reviving end", but I didn't find anything.

...When put that way, I see what you mean.

Good, good.

Why should I shoot the messenger? Especially one that doesn't like the message.

Exactly.

Smart

Wise

Aren't I? Heheh...

...I don't know if I want to know what you mean by that...

Oh, but you will, in due time.

Well, he only has a torso, so he that might actually be plausible.

For sure, for sure.

Heh. I remember that the only reason I risked loosing the 5-star apartment at times was simply because of terrorist attacks cutting the day short. It's a game that made me think, and anything that does that will interest me.

That's how I remember my experience, too.

I still never understood why that information is hid from the player. Granted, I didn't mind it in games like Awakening or Echoes, due to how they handle availability, but in the other games in the series where that information matters, it's baffling why they never show it. Same thing with support points.

Indeed.

I mean, you could skin the face, have the eyeballs hanging out, teeth all jagged...

You have too much faith in me.

A staple of noble rogues.

Exactly.

If Eugen is a claymore, Runan is a rapier.

Certainly more refined and polite, but he has his moments.

Fitting. Reminds me again  that I need to play Ace Attorney.

Dew it, it's a cool series.

And now I am reminded that I want to try out Star Fox Command, if only to see how well multiple endings in Star Fox would work. And to get an idea of what fanfiction soap operas looks like.

Honestly, all I know about it is that I like some of the music and that's it.

Aaaaaaand I don't know what this is, other than Gordan Freeman.

It's a horrible fangame, that's what it is.

Relevantly Irrelevant

I'll be frank, I don't see the relevance.

Honestly, both sides make good points, and it only makes me curious to see if either of them will be correct.

Patience, my friend, patience is a virtue.

Why would she want to be idiotic? That's what drunkenness does, and I see no reason why people willingly do that.

Then again, I am the guy that, if provided with alcohol, would instead make a motolov.

I don't know what's worse. At least you're not a drunk guy with a molotov. Now that would be an... explosive combination.

Y'know? Fire Emblem needs to start getting serious about animating air combat.

It'd be awesome if air units, instead of fading away, plummeted to the ground and then they faded away.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhh...

Heads you give the flute, tails you don't.

*Flip*

Whoops. It rolled under the table.

Hah! You clumsy duck.

*Flip two*

Tails

'Kay then, no flute. That's a tie, so far.

On 12/1/2019 at 5:21 AM, Franp3 said:

A fucking r34 fanart of Pretzel and Morgan would've outsold the Tellius games. But I digress.

Goodness gracious, a part of me wants to do an edit with that, but the reasonable part of me knows I'll get banned if I dare.

This is the hole I came from!

You were born to reply to my LPs?

You already did! Though i'll notify you if I find a new favorite character.

The only character I've killed in this game thus far is Runan, so... Runan?

I will.

And then you didn't. How dare you!

ElenDoubt.jpg.bfee3df7211237d5c91b3bfec55bee60.jpg

Press Y. That is the correct choice.

Beyond the memes, It's a legitimately great show. The older seasons feel a little dated (It's been running continuously since 1987) but it's still hugely entertaining all throughout.

I understand, but I'm still not too fond of long animes, and that one's... not as long as things like One Piece, admittedly, but still...

On 12/1/2019 at 1:23 PM, Mad-manakete said:

Reference to Evil the cat, Ruler of the planet Heck an Earthworm Jim villain who I was too lazy to get a picture of that I hadn't already photoshopped into a joke (Heckfire,). He'd always wear obvious disguises and frequently interject into anything he said therein "did I mention I am not a cat?"

Ah, I see now.

Well, he has... had mercenaries and yet still has human-trafficking and thievery and all going on. Maybe he is.

Likely is.

So keep her away from Panthers or else she may run off with one?

Well, Zieg's attire is black...

Oh damn that's three replies. No Lee puns today.

For shame. I am deeplee disappointed in you.

On 13/1/2019 at 7:02 AM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

I know I did.

That I like magic boomy sparky things, aka elemental things with nice spell animations.

Ah, of course, of course.

I should look up the animation myself, but I hope it's better than some fliers in PoR. They start on the ground, take off, come swooping in...and then just land again in front of them, then swing. Rather than swinging past them with any momentum or anything. It looks awkward...at least to me.

I'm afraid it's just that. It looks cool, but not as cool as it could have. Then again, counterattacks would be difficult to do if they just flew away, and fliers who can't get counterattacked would completely break the game.

If she gets used more I'll continue to call it casual breath.

Hwahahah, she just slightly sighs and the enemy keels over and dies.

It's just now I'm noticing this game has the 4 weapon 4 item inventory system like PoR does. I've found I both like and dislike it at times.

I like it, personally. I always hated having to get rid of weapons for vulneraries, keys or else.

That's...kind of awesome. Again, I'm looking forward to seeing some of the high ranking magic!

You'll get some, in due time.

Reminds me of a bunch of the higher level spells, especially dark, in the GBA games, but the characters can just sidestep, or barely twitch in some cases, and be perfectly fine.

It's especially egregious with high-level dark magic. All those dark storms, black holes, rains of unholy meteorites... and then Swordmasters just sort of lean back and it's over.

Well she got magic faster than Maruj did, didn't she?

Yeah, but dead people can't cast spells.

That whole inserted conversation gave me a good laugh, I love it. I also love when the AI decides not to attack the person in death range. Don't always understand it, but hey, take the small miracles where you can get em!

This game's AI is good for a laugh or three, that's for sure.

RIP poor soldier dude. You tried, in your own way. And yet, you saved Ruben a lot of trouble, you deserved better.

He was a hero... for me.

Luckilee he needed the luck.

The entire thread's going to be making Lee puns by the end of this. I am both happy and unhappy about that. Leening more to the former.

I mean, I feel like this is Plum in a nutshell at this point.

Top 10 foreshadowing moments.

Hmm, curious to see more on this, especially since I really like FE7 (though to be fair there's plenty of nostalgia to that).

It was a bit of an exageration, to be fair. Gameplaywise it's a different beast, and the playable cast's not quite similar, but the main plot and the main non-Lyn protagonists and antagonists? They feel like an inferior copypaste of this game. I'm sorry, but I'm afraid it's a fact, and we'll be seeing it as we go.

I always appreciate this in these games, where if you don't manage to get the NPC recruited they'll join you if they're alive, at least in the cases where it makes total sense that they would.

Sometimes, this does work better.

With the way the pictures are, I just imagine him using that as a very long sword of lightning and dropping it on them from afar.

Hahahahahah. That's funny.

Yeah uh...that's kind of horrible. I know some others mentioned it, but that's going a bit too far there Kaga.

Friggin' Kaga... and we're only getting started with that shit!

I mean every time I see his face on the level up screen it's a slightly entertaining "Oh yeah, you're playable, keep on bein cool Norton."

Norton/10.

Seems like she's doing pretty well so far.

Yes. I'm glad she is, too!

I get these all the time when trying to cap an impact in combat, so yeah they're definitely slow enough to reliably screenshot in the GBA FE's.

Don't remind me... I got like, 3 per chapter, at the very least!

Makes you wonder why they made the class in the first place.

I have no idea, myself.

Runan's been earning some personal points here. I love it.

That's Runan for you.

Yeah this is the case where I don't think the two scenes flow into each other quite too well, as opposed to the one with Esther from before where it worked a lot better IMO. Unless they build on Sasha being oblivious to this at some point.

Well... here's a small heads-up: they will.

I make no such promises of punctuality! (Though actually sorry I'm always so late to updates!)

Ah, don't worry. What matters is that you enjoy the LP when you can read it, that's what I'm here for.

Also I did like the scene among all the OCs just portraying them as the sort of family they've become.

A really dysfunctional family.

As for the Flute, I'll go with...don't accept! Not much reason, but so far I like Esther more than Sharon I guess?

Two for the flute, and since I'm tired of putting it off, that'll be the final result.

Unless this just makes her be forever alone, in which case that's a little sad...

Hey, she's got Billford, remember?

Outta curiosity, do you get an extended scene at some point if you do either choice? Or will you not see that until the ending?

Pretty sure it's just for the ending.

On 14/1/2019 at 4:42 AM, eclipse said:

DO NOT MAKE ESTHER CRY.  I like her more than Sharon.

I knew you'd say this, but I wasn't expecting the rest!

23 hours ago, BrightBow said:

I think that if neither Mintz or a player unit makes it to Pavlov in time, the execution will proceed and Leonie will die. Don't remember what Mintz will do in that case, though.

Yeah, I figured that was self-explanatory enough. Pretty sure Mintz isn't recruitable either if Leonie's killed.

21 hours ago, Ruminant said:

wanted to address this in particular (the rest of the comment was pretty much spot-on) because as far as I can tell, it's a myth

I'm by no means an expert in Japanese law (or any law) but from my understanding it's something like the minimum age of consent at the federal level is 13 but most prefectures have it set higher, and in any case there are still laws preventing an adult from having sex with a child (defined as over 18/under 18 respectively)

Aaaahh... pretty sure I've heard of this before, but I forgot. Still, thanks for the tip!

not really sure what age of consent has to do with any of this anyway given that anything that might happen to Plum off-screen at this point wouldn't be consensual on her part even if she were an adult, and at any rate, she's a fictional character. I guess you just meant it as an explanation for why Kaga thought it was okay to put that scene in the game, and to be fair, I can't imagine it would've gotten through localization if the game got a proper Western release back in the day... but still, I don't entirely see the relevance.

I really was just trying to say that Kaga isn't into complete pedophilia... I think... I hope?

In all seriousness, his objective with this was probably simply to completely pound the player into the ground. And boy, did he succeed.

Sadly, the fact that he's trying to cheat us out of a good unit outweighs the level of style with which he does it, for me.

Hey, he couldn't do it.

Funny, wasn't Runan the one trying to cheat us out of good units earlier in the game? With M̢̃ͣ́â̘̖̺̠̦̪̝͐̂r̷͎̲̦̤̻͎͍̅̈́ͭ́̅̅ṭ͙͓̘̋̃̍̽̌̇e̲̯̤̲̥̤͚͆̾͂l͑̍͆̈͢, and whatnot?

Martel, yeah... pretty sure Runan also tried to cheat us out of Sasha after Fort Wellt. Little shit... good thing Eugen demands women. Mintz can go fuck himself, he's suspicious, but the grills? Nuh-uh.

Unrelated to the scene, but considering that Hunt Down The Freeman seems to have been a total mess both in terms of its development and as an overall product, this music is surprisingly nice.

Yeah, the music's actually pretty good. If I only heard that title screen, I'd think it came from a good game. Instead, it comes from a mess of stolen assets, stolen animations, terribad gameplay and bugs greater in number and importance than St. Peter's Basilica.

I feel a little bad for Sharon (and also Garuda), but I'd feel more bad for Esther if Raffin just up and left now, so I'll vote to not get a Flute.

Damn. Four votes for refusing the flute, only one for accepting it? Color me surprised.

21 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Man, people here do not like fliers.

In all fairness, I am not using Raffin. If I was, perhaps people would've voted differently. 'Sides, what do you mean, "people here do not like fliers"? We've got Murderprincess, and that's all we'll ever need.

2 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

Hard not to appreciate Lee puns when I've made a habit of making them. You could say I was filled with gLee tosee others making use of them.

Only one line, but it's a Lee pun, so I can let it slide. Just don't get cocky. The enjoyment one gets out of Lee puns is fleeting, you must keep on making them if you don't want to lose your sleep.

Update:

Spoiler

The people have spoken.

4mXdLzw.png

l9X3N1M.pngI see... I understand. I'll just... go back to the party, then.

J3ntLLJ.png...Forgive me, Sharon.

0zFk3fj.png Awkward. I've got to say, this was an unexpected result for me. I thought everyone would support Sharon for the flying shenanigans because nobody ever has any faith in me, but nope. Then I figured that, had I waited for longer, the result would've been different... but no, that wasn't right either, because the votes that came after I continued playing were also in Esther's favor! Dang! You guys really have taken a liking to the woman, haven't you? Still, I recorded both outcomes in advance, so if you want to see what it could've been, give me a shout and I'll include it in the next update.

CtWet6A.png

Suddenly, something entirely different!

ImjffZf.png

dreuSSM.pngEr, sorry, boss...

ciDy8aH.pngDamn it...! Not a single one of you whelps is worth your weight in dirt!

dreuSSM.pngBut boss, we wouldn't have stood a chance against the knights of Wellt! It's too much for us to handle!

0zFk3fj.png As a matter of fact, you put up a good fight. We came out on top, but still, good effort.

ciDy8aH.pngWait, the knights of Wellt!? What were they doing on Isura?

dreuSSM.pngI dunno, boss, but it was definitely them. I'll bet they were passing through on their way to the mainland.

ciDy8aH.pngWell then... If what you say is true, then it sounds like the garrisons in Wellt will be shorthanded, what with their army away.

0zFk3fj.png I don't know about that. They still have the orange-haired badass, and Matthis's troops...

REiCgEL.png

0zFk3fj.png Wait, Yazam in Taurus? Didn't we kill that guy ages ago?

ES0BWlr.pngUFBuBEK.png

Never mind that, it's time to hear what Holmes and co. have to say.

SD7kNZ9.png

FF3NqbQ.png"Maerchen"? I don't think I know anyone with that name...

HAh2rZH.pngFor gods' sakes... The boss of the Isura pirates!

FF3NqbQ.pngWait, that's his name? I could've sworn it was something else...

HAh2rZH.pngAnyway, one of our scouts found him. He and his cronies have set up camp at some old port on the west coast of Wellt. I say we should go pay him a visit.

rclVtFI.png

2gOj8dQ.pnguirWkcn.png2F7rlGn.png

Yeah! Maerchen's got a squad of pirates who will be moving to the Great Bridge. There's really no hurry, they won't destroy the palace or anything like that. That's an skirmish. Skirmishes in this game function similarly to how they do in FE8, except some of them will move around the map and you cannot skip them once you've engaged them. If we're fast enough, we won't even have to fight them yet. As well, we've got an optional fight with zombies, which only serves to grind some experience.

DAHacPO.pngfAoGbNP.png

Vr0IkGS.pngAll right, men! To Port Saura! This could be our biggest haul yet!

0zFk3fj.png So you did live! I don't understand... Lee burned you to a crisp! Oh, well. Guess we'll just have to do it again.

KqfAUt9.pngILZNSKx.png

But first and foremost, we've got new units to look at. A new Lord, in fact!

Holmes: HP 65% - Strength 30% - Skill 35% - Speed 35% - Defense 25% - Magic 10% - Luck 35% - Mastery 35%
Shigen: HP 60% - Strength 30% - Skill 45% - Speed 40% - Defense 22% - Magic 5% - Luck 30% - Mastery 30%

Even though I like Runan's character more, as a unit, I cannot deny that Holmes is great and, objectively, a lot better than Runan, a merely serviceable swordsman. Look at those bases! If there ever was a game that's kind to bow users, it's this one. Sure, if you compare him to the likes of Raquel, it's not so impressive, but keep in mind that these are close to The Roger's, and The Roger's a prepromoted Paladin. This man destroys the enemy, not quite as effectively as Raquel, but on the other side he can kill them, and with those balanced growths, he'll only get better. Not only that, but he starts with a longbow, which allows him to murder things from an even safer distance. As well, he's got Locktouch, which renders Juni rather obsolete, but that's okay, Holmes's route tends to have so much treasure, Thieves have their uses (not to mention, events).
Overall, pretty damn good archer unit.

As for Shigen, he's another great unit. Good strength, excellent speed, decent defense with a fine growth... he's got it all. His skill set is a little lacking, Adept is fine but none of the other skills he gains are that great. However, what really sells this character is his personal sword, Dullahan.

BsJNTCf.pngcSFnMiB.png

No, you aren't seeing things: it does say "revives user upon defeat" there. This works like the Azoth that Dagon used to cheat death the first time we encountered him: for the extremely measly price of one use, Dullahan will revive Shigen if he dies. There are some pretty big drawbacks to this, though. First off, while it's a mighty sword, the accuracy's terrible and the weight's not the greatest either. It's not the best tool for offense, even with its unparalleled defensive capabilities. Also, you cannot just go insane and throw Shigen to every single unbeatable enemy out there, because then you'll run out of uses really quickly. There's one more drawback, which is actually a really clever one, but we won't be seeing that one for a while. I'll be sure to let you know when the time comes.

xie0Q64.png

Very well, before we leave this place, let's have a skirmish. I know, I know, grinding in FE is frowned upon, but hear me out.

k342ymn.pngVMEMjiV.pngBZyuNCe.png

There is nothing to this map. We got lucky, there is an Entombed among the rabble.

b6Tb3vt.png

Now, most of my team is level 7-9. Esther, though, was left behind a while ago and is still at level 4. Since she seems to be so popular amongst the readers, I think I'll give her a chance to catch up and prove her mettle.

Aa24hYm.png

No text or anything, we're just jumping in. In the middle of the swamp, too... urgh. 1 move for everyone, so annoying...!

1gzESzN.png

BFBhDpB.png

1TX1hBo.png

o5oUPzj.png

KdAv4ak.png

MvpOeDc.png

7PTn4FN.png

ppCZcLf.png

1xAxWjR.png

Vh83o04.png

IA46MRl.png

eFXQtFQ.png

f4JKtKs.png

EiwqWzd.png

VGHnTJP.png

WaHd88X.png

DdYkloL.png

6VdAkcP.png

These are Esther's dismounted stats, which is all she'll get for most of this map, since there's too much terrain that Cavaliers don't like. Not the hottest-looking statsheet ever, but I think I'll manage. These enemies are pushovers.

kziUZiH.pngfr55CyJ.png

I don't think I'll show off all the combat here, but I will show Esther's dismounted animations, as I like them.

FGuCWkN.pngrWQKm9B.png

There we go. If she ever dodges, I'll show you.

YL2JtrW.png

There we have it. It looks a little like Sasha's Princess dodge.

cHf86S7.pnga2FUJKg.pngcePSVsQ.png

Also, Shigen's disarmed animation. Vega has the same sprite, but when it comes to Shigen, it's perfect. Even if his clothes don't match his portrait's attire at all.

That's all for the combat shots. Now, levels!

HqCTLqy.pngE3iXcL9.png

First, these two that they got dodging stray zombies. Bad, real bad. I also tried to get Tom a level, but he gains experience so slowly it just couldn't be.

And now, Esther's training montage! Get your training songs of choice ready.

59ioXZP.pngkb6TmYO.png8xaMluJ.pngbynIQ45.pngeWpPzcv.png

Level 8, perfect. Not too high, not too low. Really impressive defense she's got going on there! Remember, she's got only a coinflip chance of gaining HP and an 18% defense growth. Ironically enough, I used Esther in my first finished playthrough and there, too, she was defense-blessed.

The most hilarious part about this is that now she has higher defense than both Arkis and Kreiss. Kreiss still beats her in HP and some other vital areas, but Arkis? Laughable. She'd wipe the floor with his ass in a fight. And he was being so disdainful back in chapter 2... you got nothing on this woman, Arkis, nothing. Her offense is a little lacking, but that's okay. I like a unit who can take a few hits.

BPvS0ZU.png

And we're done! Holmes says this line for no reason, and we're off.

8oJtwRS.pngl5LAuU2.png

Moving back to Isura causes this fellow to appear. We can't see what we're dealing with (mainly because skirmishes have random formations), but we'll have to fight them off to get to Taurus.

ZKmOHvY.png

The perceptive reader might've noticed that there's no bandits in Taurus in this shot. The truth is, while I waited for you guys to vote on the whole thing with Raffin, I speedran through the map to record all the dialogue without having to fight. The enemies have a chance to wander to another location after you move, and of course, going to the swamp and back would be too much of a waste of time. I was lucky and managed to get all the supportive moments and scenes prior to the next chapter without encountering any roadblocks, so we won't have three plot updates in a row or anything. However, there are going to be slight discrepancies in the screenshots. Nothing too major. Rest assured, I'll be doing this all over again in the real run, and it's going to turn out exactly the same.

str5jc2.png

But enough of that, it's time for Xeno and Katri to bond.

iawnUpK.pngSure.

prSiLUK.pngIsura island... Even with such nice weather, it's still too far away to see just yet.

iawnUpK.pngHey, Katri...

prSiLUK.pngHmm?

uPBKh2K.png

prSiLUK.pngHate them...? No, I never even thought about it. If they are alive, I just want to meet them, and hug them...

xQunKTk.png You know what'd be hilarious? If they turned out to be Gerxel priests of the highest ranking. Now that would be ironic.

iawnUpK.pngYou're kind, Katri... It must be nice, not having all these negative feelings...

prSiLUK.pngIs it different for you? Do you resent your parents?

iawnUpK.pngI was a slave until Admiral Vals saved me. I worked from dawn till dusk without even decent meals... The master's children picked on me, spat on me, hit me... They struck me with a cattle prod, yelling, "You're not human! You're just an animal!" I was so angry, but I couldn't stop crying.

fnGbdJE.png

prSiLUK.pngXeno... I'm sorry...

0zFk3fj.png Sheesh...

prSiLUK.pngBut I think your parents did love you. Your eyes are beautiful, and you have a kind heart... You must have gotten those from your mother and father, right? Parents like that couldn't have hated you. I don't think you were abandoned.

0zFk3fj.png You know, Katri, the most dangerous kinds of psychopaths are always the kindest-looking ones. Just saying.

prSiLUK.pngHey, Xeno... Let's try and find them. Our real parents. I bet they're suffering more than we are.

iawnUpK.pngYou are so mysterious, Katri... Talking with you... It's so soothing... Can we... Can we keep talking like this? From now on?

xQunKTk.png "Smooth talks" Xeno, they called him.

di26HFy.png

IfRBMws.pngOOF he got friendzoned. Crap. I'm sorry, man.

iawnUpK.pngThanks, Katri...

efKbFjH.png

Poor guy. Anyway, we could head for Verje, but let's instead go to...

4WafEMv.png

Gram Forest.

jNyS9J9.png

FF3NqbQ.pngWhy would he care about his parents? He's not some sniveling brat. Nothing good will ever come out of it.

HAh2rZH.pngHe's sixteen now, you know. You know how it is with teenagers. Even I started asking questions when I got to be that age.

FF3NqbQ.pngReally? I didn't know that. What did Yoda say?

0D76yEa.png

hTMofYU.png Oh my God. Guess we can add another name to the long list of roasting badasses that exist in Lieberia.

HAh2rZH.pngWell, your dad turned out all right. They worked for the Cult together, and when your dad tried to leave, your mom killed him with dark magic." He didn't even think about holding back. I was completely floored.

FF3NqbQ.pngHah, that sounds like Yoda. But see? That's what I'm saying. Even if your parents were ogres or zombies, it wouldn't matter in the least.

KOEtoIr.png

IfRBMws.png Whoa, whoa there, language! The kids will have their minds utterly corrupted by these foul words! I mean, much unlike the whole "send girl to Rape Inc. for a tactical advantage in future battles" situation.

HAh2rZH.pngI never knew you felt so strongly about it. I know you hate your dad's guts, but what about your mom? Did she abandon you or something?

FF3NqbQ.pngS-Shut up! You don't know anything about it! She had to deal with five years of marriage to that impossible man... She left when I was three.

HAh2rZH.pngDamn, Holmes... I didn't know. Do you remember her at all?

FF3NqbQ.pngYeah, a little bit. I remember her face, at least.

HAh2rZH.pngWhere did she go?

FF3NqbQ.pngShe's... elsewhere. The old man won't talk about it, but she went off and married someone else. I hope she's happy now...

XI68c17.png

Let's pay Sylphis a visit while we're here.

BKIuF8R.png

Ujz6qgr.pngMel!? You've come back! I'm so happy to see you!

nsbm6hd.pngI'm sorry, Mother... You must have been worried...

Ujz6qgr.pngOh, and Sir Roger is here as well!

wDsFnYT.pngMilady Sylphis... My deepest apologies for not coming to meet you sooner. I did not have the courage...

Ujz6qgr.pngDon't worry, Sir Roger. Master Eisenbach gave you his blessing. There's nothing for you to worry about. All he wished for was for you two to be happy together.

nsbm6hd.pngGrandfather...

xQunKTk.png D'aww...

zx5a4a9.png

Ujz6qgr.pngIt's a powerful staff that can defend those around you from magical attacks. Please use it to keep Sir Roger safe.

nsbm6hd.pngT-Thank you, Mother!

wDsFnYT.pngMy deepest gratitude, Lady Sylphis.

1tk6fVg.png

xQunKTk.png Believe me, that staff's going to be doing far more than just "protecting people from magical attacks". You'll see soon enough.

WUcVT7V.pngNYJHl0B.png

tswrvWm.pngEnteh doesn't need me, and I don't need her.

Ujz6qgr.pngMaruj...

0zFk3fj.png This is going to be a lot more depressing than the scene with Mel and Roger, isn't it?

tswrvWm.pngNever mind that, Mother. I'm here to get Grandfather's tome. You have it, don't you?

Ujz6qgr.pngYes, but... Maruj, do you think you can use it? It's extremely advanced magic...

xQunKTk.png No joke. Just you wait...

tswrvWm.pngIf I'm to be the next Wind Sage, I'm going to have to master it eventually.

Ujz6qgr.pngThat is true... Very well, Maruj. Here is the tome.

zSKevHJ.png

Ujz6qgr.pngUnderstood, Maruj?

DY7Vmlt.png

Sylphis just gave us Sylphid. Amazing.

XBmHXDJ.pngS6PZKsk.png

Ah, hell yeah. This tome is amazing. 18 might, only 8 less hitrate than the Wundergust, almost as light as Maruj's personal tome, prevents people from countering so long as you hit, quite durable, and it isn't even exclusive to Maruj, so you can hand it over to the likes of Lee. And the best part is, this isn't even the only copy of this tome that we can get our hands on.

Sending Maruj with Runan would've gotten us a special book that, when in the inventory, increases the magic, luck, mastery and HP growths of its owner by 10%. Handy, and it would've helped Maruj and his rather shaky magic greatly, but it's missing some important stats, and I think I'd rather get two 18 might tomes than a slight increase to half of the available stats. Besides, there is another book that does increase the growths of the missing stats, and we don't need to go through character-specific sidequests for it. Not only that, but there is another conversation involving Maruj in this route that I'm looking forward to.

1cQpF0I.png

Now, for the Ensorcel... yeah. +7 magic for a whole chapter. Throw this on Lee and the enemy's screwed. I mean, even more screwed than usual. On the other hand, as far as barrier staves go, this one's pretty lame. +7 magic only amounts to +3 res, +4 if the unit has odd-numbered magic. Mediocre. An extremely useful tool, just definitely not for the purpose Sylphis had in mind.

F17o020.png

Anyway, that done, let's get back to the main road. If Sasha was with Holmes, we'd have gotten another conversation here, in the Great Bridge, but since she isn't...

fSE1Iz9.png

We'll go pay a visit to Liza and Marlon!

GCKf9Wj.png

Eeeeeyyy, it's you! If you don't have anyone from Wellt in your team, Lionel chases you off and you miss out on what's in Fort Wellt (you can probably already guess what it is). Fortunately, though...

Iyn9vet.png

QYm6zYy.pngL-Lady Esther! My humblest apologies...

xQunKTk.png Esther to the rescue!

FNhc610.png

xQunKTk.pngHey there, Marlon. Been a while.

LRWwhwO.pngAs an ally of Lord Runan, you came to help my country... You have my thanks, Sir Holmes.

FF3NqbQ.pngNah, I'm just trying to help out a friend. It's nothing that special.

LRWwhwO.pngOrdinarily, the queen would also offer you her words of appreciation, but she is not feeling well and has asked to be excused. I hope you understand.

FF3NqbQ.pngI-It's fine, there's no reason we need to meet the queen...

LRWwhwO.pngThank you for your understanding. Now, allow me to lend you some troops for your business here in Wellt...

xQunKTk.png Ah, yeah, it's our second shot at Marlon's Room of Recruitable Characters!

x2AkY4B.png

LRWwhwO.pngPlease only take one of them with you.

FF3NqbQ.pngKatri, help me out here. Give me your opinion on these guys.

prSiLUK.pngHuh? But why me? I don't know anything about soldiers...

FF3NqbQ.pngBecause you're the only one here, stupid. Just help me size these guys up. I'll make the final decision.

Cpo2vCl.png

Hahah! Poor Katri. As promised, there's a new face to replace Lee. Speaking of the good Bishop, if I hadn't recruited him back in Verje, we would've gotten a rather sad scene where Katri is reminded of his late foster father by Lee. I just thought I'd mention it. Like last time, I'll let Holmes talk with Katri and then I'll say what I have to say.

r15zkNe.pngOgy2uaK.png

FF3NqbQ.pngHow about him, Katri?

prSiLUK.pngHe looks really strong... But he's also a nice person.

0zFk3fj.png One thing you'll notice is that Katri's advice tends to be a little... lacking, when compared to Eugen's back in Verje. Still, it's to be expected, I suppose.

cvUhzrx.pngKFWxxJp.png

dqTqV8z.pngI only just graduated from training, but I'll do my best to serve you! Please, let me accompany you!

FF3NqbQ.pngWhat do you think, Katri?

prSiLUK.pngHe has really kind eyes... I think he'd be a good friend.

FF3NqbQ.png...Anything else? Anything helpful, perhaps?

prSiLUK.pngI don't think he would like working for you. You would bully him too much.

xQunKTk.png Hahahahah! Okay, Katri, you're usually a bumbling bimbo, but I've got to hand it to you, you got him there.

VlEVZiM.png95grkaR.png

prSiLUK.pngHe seems really passionate. I think he'd be a good fighter.

FF3NqbQ.pngMaybe so, but we don't really need any more archers with me around. Can you even draw a longbow with those flimsy arms of yours, kid?

0zFk3fj.png A bottomless well of humbleness, are you, Holmes?

UgjzOyB.pngIndeed, I can! I won't let you down, Sir Holmes! I look up to men like you!

FF3NqbQ.pngI-Is that so? Maybe he would be good to have around...

xQunKTk.png Hwahahah... gotta love how a little dick-sucking made the big meanie melt. Heheh... anyway, last, but certainly not least, is the new guy.

7oHLsLF.pngIpR5fgo.png

hTMofYU.png Well, one thing's clear: those three have likely just lost some potential votes.

FF3NqbQ.pngWhat do you think about him, Katri?

prSiLUK.pngI think he's good.

FF3NqbQ.png"Good"? Care to add anything else?

prSiLUK.pngNot really.

uC3chQ6.png

Lovely. Ah, whatever. Allow me to quote myself here. Any points that aren't valid anymore will be striked, with additional commentary provided in bold and italics.

On 27/11/2018 at 10:39 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

YEt8wkZ.pngKvKMIIf.pngbTbmwJi.png

Narron: HP 60% - Strength 35% - Skill 25% - Speed 20% - Defense 22% - Magic 15% - Luck 25% - Mastery 30%
Luca: HP 60% - Strength 25% - Skill 50% - Speed 40% - Defense 15% - Magic 5% - Luck 40% - Mastery 25%
Ezekiel: HP 75% - Strength 25% - Skill 25% - Speed 20% - Defense 28% - Magic 5% - Luck 25% - Mastery 30%

Let's start with Narron, shall we? He may not look like much, having worse bases than either Arkis or Kreiss (though, funnily enough, he can use javelin whereas Arkis can't. Eat your heart out, sucky cavvie) and growths that don't really stand out. However, the reason I've been advising against choosing him is as follows: he starts with Paragon, which I already mentioned gives him 5 times more experience than what others would usually get, and his promotion... hoo, boy. He gets shiny golden armor, a golden horse, and +7-8 in all stats. Yes, that's right. The lowest bonus he gets is, if the wiki isn't mistaken (which it may very well be) mastery, at a whopping +4.
I don't know what skills he gets and it does not matter. Promote him, and he'll turn into an unstoppable juggernaut that'll break the game in half when not indoors (as dismounting takes away promotion bonuses... well, unless he works differently, which wouldn't surprise me). Oh, and there's a Knight's Crest in chapter 3. Three. Not anymore. I can't remember when we get the first of Holmes's Knight Crests, but I'm fairly certain it's not three chapters from here. The game really wants you to pick this guy. And you don't want a game to tell you what to do, now, do you? Stray clear of this guy unless you want a generic Tear Ring Saga run where I spend 40 maps emphasizing how great Narron is. No surprises here: you know what you're getting. Also, expect me to be bitter if you pick him. My principles!

Luca is the complete opposite: an Archer so bad, so hilariously terrible, even I wouldn't pick him. Well, actually, I would and I did in my last run, but he was... not worth the trouble. He really only serves to make a different unit (an Archer as well, too) better after a certain point in the game this doesn't even work anymore, it only does if he's recruited in Verje and talks to Raquel in chapter 4. There goes Luca's one selling point. I would advise against picking him normally, but this is a Saint Rubenio Run™, sooooo go ahead, it'll make for some interesting situations if he survives, which isn't all that likely.

Ezekiel's not as bad as Luca, but that isn't very hard to pull off, and he's worse than the other two, and the other guy that can be chosen the second time around is basically a better version of him. Not the best spot to be in. Garo, too, is better than him. I find it hilarious how Eugen describes him as "experienced" as if that's a selling point. He's level 4! It's not that much, you know? However, if I do end up trying to do the Leteena event, I'll have to recruit him sooner or later. Keep that in mind. Keep this especially in mind now, since this is our last chance to nab him in time for the event.
Ezekiel has a new skill for me to talk about, Lethality. It works about as you'd expect it to: if it triggers, enemies go boom. Simple.

Good. With that out of the way, it's time to take a look at what the badass himself has to offer.

63V59PT.png (Keep in mind that this is technically a city map. He doesn't normally have 6 move. At base, that is)

HP 85% - Strength 30% - Skill 30% - Speed 20% - Defense 30% - Magic 5% - Luck 45% - Mastery 25% - Movement 5%

Oh, man. Where to begin. For starters, his bases are just plain better than those of Ezekiel in everything but defense and HP. That's just about Ezekiel's only advantage over Lionel, and Lionel's defensive growths are actually better than Ezekiel's, if only very slightly (a 2% defense lead isn't really going to make much of a difference). However, he does have a movement growth, which is pretty cool, and unlike Billford, he has good base movement, so anything he gets will just make him even better. His skillset could be better: he's got Wrath, which is good, Urbanite, which is fine, and learns Nihil at level 17, but after that, all he's going to get is Gladiator, which is completely useless. Still, it's better than Ezekiel's, who only has Lethality and the potential to learn a bunch of terrain skills nobody cares about because a single move proc from Lionel does the same thing. Aside from that, he's got lances as his main weapon, which is excellent, since he's one of the few people who can use lances indoors (the others being Zieg and the Bronze Paladins). If you don't like lances, though, don't worry, he gains access to swords and axes once he promotes. He also has a support with Kate and a mutual support with Norton, which is better than Ezekiel's... potentially nothing!
Really, Ezekiel just can't compete with this man. A really fun unit, a really fun character, and overall, a good choice. I have a feeling this guy's going to win this round, but any surprises will be most welcome c'mon Luca I believe in you you can win.

Now, here's where I stopped in my real run. However, in my "record all the dialogue" run, I went back to Verje and got one more scene, so let's check out what that's all about!

fY1Erxi.pngZdaErqm.pnglGUO0rj.png

qvfzcWC.png

ilEV0SF.pngThat's because you kept hitting on all the girls at the pub! You have got to pay more attention!

fTBbnRo.pngAh, but it's such a shame... A bit longer, and I think I could've...

ilEV0SF.pngQuit your yammering and run! I don't want to be a burden to the others.

fTBbnRo.pngTsk, why do I have to... Whoops! Whoa there! Hey you, do you have holes for eyes or something?

jQFpOKT.png

0zFk3fj.png I can't tell if that's legal or not... looks... almost legal, perhaps? Well, in any case, Arkis is dumb and almost toppled a girl over just as he was boasting about how he's a big shot among the ladies. Afterwards, he proceeded to insult her for it. Class act.

ilEV0SF.pngDon't be ridiculous, Arkis! You're the one who bumped into her!

ilEV0SF.pngAre you all right...?

VtN9yFW.pngY-yes...

ilEV0SF.pngWait, are you...?

ptrpt5g.png

0zFk3fj.png Oh, so just because you failed, you ain't gonna let anybody so much as talk to the ladies, eh?

ilEV0SF.pngYou go on ahead. I'll be right behind you.

fTBbnRo.pngWhatever... Do what you want!

m8ixrDs.png

ilEV0SF.png...I think that's all you dropped. Would you like me to escort you home?

xQunKTk.png Kreiss is a gentleman, and he isn't about to let the likes of Arkis or strategy meetings force him to abandon a woman in need!

VtN9yFW.pngNo, it's all right. Thank you, Sir... um...

ilEV0SF.pngI'm Kreiss, a knight of Razelia.

VtN9yFW.pngSir Kreiss... Well then, farewell...

m8ixrDs.png

ilEV0SF.pngY-yeah...

xQunKTk.png I think we might've just witnessed the first petals of a beautiful romance blossom. Let's not dwell on the fact that we still don't know her age, and neither does Kreiss.

xzb1KIM.pngEY1qH6l.png

xQunKTk.png Okay, now THAT is legal, no two ways about it.

VtN9yFW.pngYes, Sister...

hWNvWXL.pngIf ever you want me to come along, just tell me. I'll always go with you.

UgFzDii.png

xQunKTk.png A screen transition later, and here's the good gentleman. What happened to that meeting, Kreiss? Although, knowing Holmes, it probably wouldn't be worth attending to anyway.

hWNvWXL.pngHello...? Who are you, sir?

ilEV0SF.pngMy name is Kreiss. I found this on the ground earlier... I think it belongs to the young lady who lives here.

hWNvWXL.pngAh! That is Letena's brooch! Please wait a moment. I'll go get her.

RbXmoe6.png

ilEV0SF.pngDon't mention it. I should have spotted it sooner, but I didn't notice it until yo'd gone. So I asked a villager, and he...

C5zZKHn.png

0zFk3fj.png Oh... then, Arkis...

fTBbnRo.pngTsk, why do I have to... Whoops! Whoa there! Hey you, do you have holes for eyes or something?

fTBbnRo.pngH O L E S   F O R   E Y E S  ?

0zFk3fj.png ...

ilEV0SF.png...

ilEV0SF.png...Your name is Letena, right? I'm...

VtN9yFW.pngSir Kreiss, I know... You told me earlier.

ilEV0SF.pngOh, you're right. I'm sorry, I...

5JkejnU.png

ilEV0SF.pngAh... No, I just... It's not like that...

0zFk3fj.png This is going excellently.

mbpxn7J.png

0zFk3fj.pngAwkwaaaard...

Oh, well, it's the end of the update, folks. Remember to vote for which one of Marlon's guys you want me to take along this time around. May the best man win. Other than that, I've nothing to say other than "farewell", so farewell!

Death count: --

Reset count: 1 (Runan: 1)

So there are two copies of the tome, one for Eisenbach and one for Maruji's father. ...hmmm, that raises some questions. Family relationships sure are complicated in this game.

Anyway, Lionel it is. I don't think any of the other characters really add anything that isn't covered by someone else already. Also, you sure this isn't his normal movement? Because I could swear Lionel actually has a movement base, so it would be higher then 5.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's just great, that's good, that's great, good. I love it.

Yeah, I understand the delusion. 

At least there's more whitewings as Catria has an alt.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Where's the contradiction? Also, the enemies were so pathetic anyone could've carried the team on their own.

I wasn't clear, I meant it was a contradiction the Seth was on an all mage team. Also, at least you're having fun using him.

Also, you try the Abyssal difficulty. I've cleared a grand total of one. One map.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, that's fair enough.

Yeah, I wrote that when I didn't know I'd have 2 interviews in quick succession.

I really wanted to make an edit or two but not today.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That much is true...

WGrURwk.png

That's just an image from the movie. What am I supposed to respond to that with?

(Though sadly it's more accurate as Leonie is very young.)

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But Dougy had more move than Norton with the boots!

And that requires him taking the boots.

Roy's a better candidate. Roy.

Eugen does not like Black Knights, is that it? Hoo, boy, that's not very nice of him.

I mean, I could think of a few angry ones.....

(Take this in lieu of an edit.)

Yet he still has his army stay there for the night. And noone bothered to look for Plum while they were there!

Runan is truely one of history's greatest monsters.

-Cult of Gerxel, whatever year this is.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

A rather enjoyable mistake, at times, but damn. As much flak as Shadow Dragon gets, at least Marth was enjoyable in the main storyline. With Roy, you have to look into his supports to get any sort of substance. And let's not talk about Merlinus. Again.

Or hell, most of that army.

Always looking for the worst case scenario, are you? If everyone else dies, what use could I possibly have for a base Wyvern Raffin?

Still better than a base Ruka would be.

0zFk3fj.png Awkward. I've got to say, this was an unexpected result for me. I thought everyone would support Sharon for the flying shenanigans because nobody ever has any faith in me, but nope. Then I figured that, had I waited for longer, the result would've been different... but no, that wasn't right either, because the votes that came after I continued playing were also in Esther's favor! Dang! You guys really have taken a liking to the woman, haven't you? Still, I recorded both outcomes in advance, so if you want to see what it could've been, give me a shout and I'll include it in the next update.

Well, I guess Raffin will do no more this playthrough.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

REiCgEL.png

0zFk3fj.png Wait, Yazam in Taurus? Didn't we kill that guy ages ago?

So, badly misinformed?

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

fAoGbNP.png

Vr0IkGS.pngAll right, men! To Port Saura! This could be our biggest haul yet!

0zFk3fj.png So you did live! I don't understand... Lee burned you to a crisp! Oh, well. Guess we'll just have to do it again.

Or apparently Yazam had an Azoth.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

KqfAUt9.pngILZNSKx.png

Holmes: HP 65% - Strength 30% - Skill 35% - Speed 35% - Defense 25% - Magic 10% - Luck 35% - Mastery 35%
Shigen: HP 60% - Strength 30% - Skill 45% - Speed 40% - Defense 22% - Magic 5% - Luck 30% - Mastery 30%

Even though I like Runan's character more, as a unit, I cannot deny that Holmes is great and, objectively, a lot better than Runan, a merely serviceable swordsman. Look at those bases! If there ever was a game that's kind to bow users, it's this one. Sure, if you compare him to the likes of Raquel, it's not so impressive, but keep in mind that these are close to The Roger's, and The Roger's a prepromoted Paladin. This man destroys the enemy, not quite as effectively as Raquel, but on the other side he can kill them, and with those balanced growths, he'll only get better. Not only that, but he starts with a longbow, which allows him to murder things from an even safer distance. As well, he's got Locktouch, which renders Juni rather obsolete, but that's okay, Holmes's route tends to have so much treasure, Thieves have their uses (not to mention, events).

As for Shigen, he's another great unit. Good strength, excellent speed, decent defense with a fine growth... he's got it all. His skill set is a little lacking, Adept is fine but none of the other skills he gains are that great. However, what really sells this character is his personal sword, Dullahan.

BsJNTCf.pngcSFnMiB.png

No, you aren't seeing things: it does say "revives user upon defeat" there. This works like the Azoth that Dagon used to cheat death the first time we encountered him: for the extremely measly price of one use, Dullahan will revive Shigen if he dies. There are some pretty big drawbacks to this, though. First off, while it's a mighty sword, the accuracy's terrible and the weight's not the greatest either. It's not the best tool for offense, even with its unparalleled defensive capabilities. Also, you cannot just go insane and throw Shigen to every single unbeatable enemy out there, because then you'll run out of uses really quickly. There's one more drawback, which is actually a really clever one, but we won't be seeing that one for a while. I'll be sure to let you know when the time comes.

Holmes is absolutely worth using, even when bowlocked. Let's hope Claude's FE's equivalent.

Also, Shigen's pretty good, but oh man Dullahan is one of the most bizzare weapons, useful defensively but the low hit makes it a bit limited. Can't wait to see how often he "dies".

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

1gzESzN.pngBFBhDpB.png

Holmes: Fucking newbs.

50 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

IA46MRl.pngeFXQtFQ.png

I'm pretty sure he counts too.

Why is he here?

50 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

DdYkloL.png

Oh look, is that the friend?

He looks more ominous than Humphrey, but I have to find a suitable stupid name for him.

51 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

eWpPzcv.png

Level 8, perfect. Not too high, not too low. Really impressive defense she's got going on there! Remember, she's got only a coinflip chance of gaining HP and an 18% defense growth. Ironically enough, I used Esther in my first finished playthrough and there, too, she was defense-blessed.

The most hilarious part about this is that now she has higher defense than both Arkis and Kreiss. Kreiss still beats her in HP and some other vital areas, but Arkis? Laughable. She'd wipe the floor with his ass in a fight. And he was being so disdainful back in chapter 2... you got nothing on this woman, Arkis, nothing. Her offense is a little lacking, but that's okay. I like a unit who can take a few hits.

7 is barely higher than Runan.

That's just disappointing on their parts.

52 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

prSiLUK.pngHate them...? No, I never even thought about it. If they are alive, I just want to meet them, and hug them...

xQunKTk.png You know what'd be hilarious? If they turned out to be Gerxel priests of the highest ranking. Now that would be ironic.

I mean, we all know why she can't be, but still.

prSiLUK.pngHey, Xeno... Let's try and find them. Our real parents. I bet they're suffering more than we are.

iawnUpK.pngYou are so mysterious, Katri... Talking with you... It's so soothing... Can we... Can we keep talking like this? From now on?

Xeno/Katri?

I'd ship.

di26HFy.png

Kaga though?

He's ice cold in comparison. RIP Xeno/Katri.

53 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

0D76yEa.png

hTMofYU.png Oh my God. Guess we can add another name to the long list of roasting badasses that exist in Lieberia.

Hold on! He's not talking bizzarely.

Does that mean this is Yoda's backstory?

54 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

KOEtoIr.png

IfRBMws.png Whoa, whoa there, language! The kids will have their minds utterly corrupted by these foul words! I mean, much unlike the whole "send girl to Rape Inc. for a tactical advantage in future battles" situation.

Holmes, wow so edgy.

(I would do an edit but it's bad enough I'm responding with an interview so soon)

55 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

XBmHXDJ.pngS6PZKsk.png

Ah, hell yeah. This tome is amazing. 18 might, only 8 less hitrate than the Wundergust, almost as light as Maruj's personal tome, prevents people from countering so long as you hit, quite durable, and it isn't even exclusive to Maruj, so you can hand it over to the likes of Lee. And the best part is, this isn't even the only copy of this tome that we can get our hands on.

Sending Maruj with Runan would've gotten us a special book that, when in the inventory, increases the magic, luck, mastery and HP growths of its owner by 10%. Handy, and it would've helped Maruj and his rather shaky magic greatly, but it's missing some important stats, and I think I'd rather get two 18 might tomes than a slight increase to half of the available stats. Besides, there is another book that does increase the growths of the missing stats, and we don't need to go through character-specific sidequests for it. Not only that, but there is another conversation involving Maruj in this route that I'm looking forward to.

So wait, you get two copies of Sylphid if you do this event?

Okay, I understand everyone's choice now.

56 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

1cQpF0I.png

Now, for the Ensorcel... yeah. +7 magic for a whole chapter. Throw this on Lee and the enemy's screwed. I mean, even more screwed than usual. On the other hand, as far as barrier staves go, this one's pretty lame. +7 magic only amounts to +3 res, +4 if the unit has odd-numbered magic. Mediocre. An extremely useful tool, just definitely not for the purpose Sylphis had in mind.

It's a shame Res is half magic.

57 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

prSiLUK.pngI don't think he would like working for you. You would bully him too much.

xQunKTk.png Hahahahah! Okay, Katri, you're usually a bumbling bimbo, but I've got to hand it to you, you got him there.

Well, Holmes is a Richard after all.

58 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

YEt8wkZ.pngKvKMIIf.pngbTbmwJi.png

Narron: HP 60% - Strength 35% - Skill 25% - Speed 20% - Defense 22% - Magic 15% - Luck 25% - Mastery 30%
Luca: HP 60% - Strength 25% - Skill 50% - Speed 40% - Defense 15% - Magic 5% - Luck 40% - Mastery 25%
Ezekiel: HP 75% - Strength 25% - Skill 25% - Speed 20% - Defense 28% - Magic 5% - Luck 25% - Mastery 30%

Let's start with Narron, shall we? He may not look like much, having worse bases than either Arkis or Kreiss (though, funnily enough, he can use javelin whereas Arkis can't. Eat your heart out, sucky cavvie) and growths that don't really stand out. However, the reason I've been advising against choosing him is as follows: he starts with Paragon, which I already mentioned gives him 5 times more experience than what others would usually get, and his promotion... hoo, boy. He gets shiny golden armor, a golden horse, and +7-8 in all stats. Yes, that's right. The lowest bonus he gets is, if the wiki isn't mistaken (which it may very well be) mastery, at a whopping +4.
I don't know what skills he gets and it does not matter. Promote him, and he'll turn into an unstoppable juggernaut that'll break the game in half when not indoors (as dismounting takes away promotion bonuses... well, unless he works differently, which wouldn't surprise me). Oh, and there's a Knight's Crest in chapter 3. Three. Not anymore. I can't remember when we get the first of Holmes's Knight Crests, but I'm fairly certain it's not three chapters from here. The game really wants you to pick this guy. And you don't want a game to tell you what to do, now, do you? Stray clear of this guy unless you want a generic Tear Ring Saga run where I spend 40 maps emphasizing how great Narron is. No surprises here: you know what you're getting. Also, expect me to be bitter if you pick him. My principles!

Luca is the complete opposite: an Archer so bad, so hilariously terrible, even I wouldn't pick him. Well, actually, I would and I did in my last run, but he was... not worth the trouble. He really only serves to make a different unit (an Archer as well, too) better after a certain point in the game this doesn't even work anymore, it only does if he's recruited in Verje and talks to Raquel in chapter 4. There goes Luca's one selling point. I would advise against picking him normally, but this is a Saint Rubenio Run™, sooooo go ahead, it'll make for some interesting situations if he survives, which isn't all that likely.

Ezekiel's not as bad as Luca, but that isn't very hard to pull off, and he's worse than the other two, and the other guy that can be chosen the second time around is basically a better version of him. Not the best spot to be in. Garo, too, is better than him. I find it hilarious how Eugen describes him as "experienced" as if that's a selling point. He's level 4! It's not that much, you know? However, if I do end up trying to do the Leteena event, I'll have to recruit him sooner or later. Keep that in mind. Keep this especially in mind now, since this is our last chance to nab him in time for the event.
Ezekiel has a new skill for me to talk about, Lethality. It works about as you'd expect it to: if it triggers, enemies go boom. Simple.

Ezekiel needed to have more strength than Narron of all people sadly.

63V59PT.png (Keep in mind that this is technically a city map. He doesn't normally have 6 move. At base, that is)

HP 85% - Strength 30% - Skill 30% - Speed 20% - Defense 30% - Magic 5% - Luck 45% - Mastery 25% - Movement 5%

Oh, man. Where to begin. For starters, his bases are just plain better than those of Ezekiel in everything but defense and HP. That's just about Ezekiel's only advantage over Lionel, and Lionel's defensive growths are actually better than Ezekiel's, if only very slightly (a 2% defense lead isn't really going to make much of a difference). However, he does have a movement growth, which is pretty cool, and unlike Billford, he has good base movement, so anything he gets will just make him even better. His skillset could be better: he's got Wrath, which is good, Urbanite, which is fine, and learns Nihil at level 17, but after that, all he's going to get is Gladiator, which is completely useless. Still, it's better than Ezekiel's, who only has Lethality and the potential to learn a bunch of terrain skills nobody cares about because a single move proc from Lionel does the same thing. Aside from that, he's got lances as his main weapon, which is excellent, since he's one of the few people who can use lances indoors (the others being Zieg and the Bronze Paladins). If you don't like lances, though, don't worry, he gains access to swords and axes once he promotes. He also has a support with Kate and a mutual support with Norton, which is better than Ezekiel's... potentially nothing!
Really, Ezekiel just can't compete with this man. A really fun unit, a really fun character, and overall, a good choice. I have a feeling this guy's going to win this round, but any surprises will be most welcome c'mon Luca I believe in you you can win.

Lionel is looking like a good choice.

Why would you only allow him here?

59 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

ilEV0SF.pngDon't mention it. I should have spotted it sooner, but I didn't notice it until yo'd gone. So I asked a villager, and he...

C5zZKHn.png

I feel bad for her.

I know she hates that too, but the self-hate is a shame. That and being blind in the middle ages of anime must be worse that in the actual middle ages as there's almost nobody you'd know around when you get old.

59 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well Arkis gets to go straight to hell.

So, on the unit picking:

Spoiler

I'm on Team Lionel honestly. Exekiel's only worth it for Letenna, Ruka's got nothing and Narron's banned.

Also a note in relation to Letenna:

Spoiler

So, there is a way to circumvent needing Ezekiel, but I don't think you'll like it.

See, the event that you need Ezekiel for can be avoided if one of the two are dead before map 26. You can also resurrect a unit in the late game. You can see where I'm going with this.

Course I'm all for No Letenna, but still.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

EiwqWzd.png

Yay! Arkis! Go! Arkis! Green cavs are the best!

59ioXZP.pngkb6TmYO.png8xaMluJ.pngbynIQ45.pngeWpPzcv.png

*grumble grumble* dumb RNG *grumble grumble* rigged levels *grumble grumble* Arkis is best cav

though, funnily enough, he can use javelin whereas Arkis can't. Eat your heart out, sucky cavvie

I know you wrote this a while back but grr

xQunKTk.png Kreiss is a gentleman, and he isn't about to let the likes of Arkis or strategy meetings force him to abandon a woman in need!

At this point I feel you're doing it on purpose. 

Well I vote Ezekiel because more ARKIS STORY RELEVANCE

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In all seriousness, his objective with this was probably simply to completely pound the player into the ground. And boy, did he succeed.

yeah, I agree with you on that count

I don't have anything else to say about it (pretty much said my piece already) but I figured I should respond to this in some capacity so uhhh

0zFk3fj.png I've got to say, this was an unexpected result for me. I thought everyone would support Sharon for the flying shenanigans because nobody ever has any faith in me, but nope.

I mean, if it comes to the point where you have to use him, Raffin is still usable as a Bronze Paladin, right? Though you'd have more of a task getting him back up to par without his promotion bonuses.

You'd think that Maerchen being a name as ugly as the man who bears it would make it easier for Holmes to remember. It's like... a mnemonic, or something?

(in all seriousness though, gags involving remembering someone's name wrong are always hilarious to me, and I'm not entirely sure why)

KOEtoIr.png

I hope Holmes's dad actually shows up at some point just so we can see if he's as bad as Holmes says or not.

(that aside, I somewhat sympathize with the idea Holmes is getting at here: fortunately not from personal experience because my parents are good people, but there are a lot of bad parents in the world, and... well, I forgot how I wanted to word this, but basically I don't think people should feel obligated to have anything to do with their parents if their parents are bad people)

Ujz6qgr.pngYes, but... Maruj, do you think you can use it? It's extremely advanced magic...

S6PZKsk.png

Wouldn't "extremely advanced magic" have a mastery requirement higher than 7, though?

No complaints, mind; it's an amazing weapon, and a higher requirement would mean that Maruj might not be able to use it yet (which you could argue fits the conversation better, but...)

UgjzOyB.pngIndeed, I can! I won't let you down, Sir Holmes! I look up to men like you!

FF3NqbQ.pngI-Is that so? Maybe he would be good to have around...

No, you were right the first time, Holmes.

63V59PT.png

okay yeah, I'm not going to risk casting a vote for Luca this time, Lionel gets my nod

Narron might be more interesting to use at this stage of the game compared to back in Chapter 2 but since you didn't note otherwise I assume he's still banned

Esther sure showed off that 18% defense growth of her's. Sometimes I wonder just how accurate the growth rates that we got for this game actually are.

In any case, if she does manage to become bulky, that would most certainly work well with her Life or Death skill.

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Still, I recorded both outcomes in advance, so if you want to see what it could've been, give me a shout and I'll include it in the next update.

Yes please.

Suddenly, something entirely different!

SuddenLee, something entireLee different!

0zFk3fj.png So you did live! I don't understand...

He did Leeve!

KqfAUt9.pngILZNSKx.png

Oh boy, another lord with blue hair. Points for originality.

Get your training songs of choice ready.

Aha! Revenge is a dish best served cold!

The long Leest [...] in Leeberia.

xQunKTk.png Ah, yeah, it's our second shot at Marlon's Room of Recruitable Characters!

I vote for Lionel.

8 hours ago, Dayni said:

He looks more ominous than Humphrey, but I have to find a suitable stupid name for him.

I propose Henry.

Personally, I like Shadow Dragon. Name one other game in the series with as few maps that pull bullshit? No Swamps. No unbearable desert trek because for once the desert map has enough plains spaces interjected to allow mounted units an alternative, no fog of war or escort/rescue missions. Sure it lacks variety. But better to have one style of mission and have it done well than to have a dozen styles and have half of them broken, as Revelations proves.

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Goodness gracious, a part of me wants to do an edit with that, but the reasonable part of me knows I'll get banned if I dare.

The trick here is simple. Subtlety. You do an edit of a store with a shelf full of the Tellius games, and a shelf labelled "rule 34 fanart of Pretzel and (Binding Blade) Morgan" with a "sold out" sign on it. That way, you show it and don't show it at the same time. Bonus points if the Tellius games are on clearance

So you did live! I don't understand... Lee burned you to a crisp! Oh, well. Guess we'll just have to do it again.

Lee must have decided to Leeve him a sliver of life so he could be EXP for someone else. Probably a good idea, seeing as odds are he's been in a burn ward since.

No, you aren't seeing things: it does say "revives user upon defeat" there. This works like the Azoth that Dagon used to cheat death the first time we encountered him: for the extremely measly price of one use, Dullahan will revive Shigen if he dies.

Ironic when the mythical Dullahan is an entity more likely to cause death, seeing as when he stops riding, it is to call the name of whomever has been chosen to die. Wonder if the sword and rider are linked, and that's how the sword gets life force.

DY7Vmlt.png

Sylphis just gave us Sylphid. Amazing.

So was she named after the tome or the tome after her or is this one of those things where the father married her because the name of his tome was similar? Damn it this hurts.

Hahah! Poor Katri. As promised, there's a new face to replace Lee. Speaking of the good Bishop, if I hadn't recruited him back in Verje, we would've gotten a rather sad scene where Katri is reminded of his late foster father by Lee. I just thought I'd mention it. Like last time, I'll let Holmes talk with Katri and then I'll say what I have to say.

I knew priests were also called "father", so it seems poetic that Katri thinks our good healer is FatherLee.

FF3NqbQ.pngWhat do you think about him, Katri?

prSiLUK.pngI think he's good.

FF3NqbQ.png"Good"? Care to add anything else?

prSiLUK.pngNot really.

I wonder which one the game wants you to pick.

C5zZKHn.png

Arkis the sensitive. Explains his success with the other women.
"Are you even listening" ~Arkis, on being ignored by a deaf girl
"Would you care to spread your legs for me" ~ Arkis, to the paraplegic girl
"Isn't that a guy's name" ~ Arkis to Martel

On the vote, I'm going with Zeke. For the LEEtena event.

Also, I would like to see the alternate reality where Raffin got a new Leese on life as a flier.

Looking back at my previous posts... dang. It's surprising how much even subdued anger will change a person.

12 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Señor*

Right. Maybe I should have copy pasted that from google. Reminds me of a joke where people search up "Pokémon" just to get the é.

Ouch. 4 hours?

Yes, even if gif searching and real life work did have a hand in delaying the response.

J I K E S

Watching it again... It has a lot more to it than a person getting part of their face cut off...

Except the human scum might live.

Hence the quotations marks.

The only advancement was in the ophthalmology department. Hence, Anachronic Glasses Mom and Son.

As much as I enjoy Miriel and Laurent as both units and character, Anachronistic Glasses Mom and Son is the first way I will refer to them now.

That's easy, you grab the chair and fold in on the enemy's head so as to cause mild inconvenience and pain. The enemy should then give up and leave. Am I right or am I right? It is, after all, a folding chair.

You're forgetting the part where you fold it in repeatedly. And the part where you poke their eye out out with the legs. And the part where you just swing it and smash their limbs. And this isn't even getting into using the environment...

Ouchie. That looks rather upsetting.

I, uh, kinda forget why I posted that.

Fatalities make more sense in a series where attacks like that are survivable.

Still not as hardcore as sending a little girl to be kidnapped by a fat pimp in order to get a dancer.

Image result for about to say something meme

Hmm...

Admittedly, I said that just because Shadow Warrior has a pretty nasty gore system, and the melee combat is pretty enjoyable. I just want them torn to bits. Is that too much to ask?

That's an understatement.

Somebody needs to photoshop Lee into the video now.

Sounds like an actual strategy, to be sure.

And that concerns me.

I understand. I googled "reviving end", but I didn't find anything.

When I typed it in, I got "Reviving ender dragon" and "reviving endangered languages".

That's how I remember my experience, too.

I guess we're both really good at paperwork, then.

I'll be frank, I don't see the relevance.

Thrill-er theme

Patience, my friend, patience is a virtue.

I am. And I get the feeling it will be rewarded.

I don't know what's worse. At least you're not a drunk guy with a molotov. Now that would be an... explosive combination.

I'll be the guy in the zombie apocalypse who, upon entering a wine store or bar, will say "Great! More ammo..."

That needs to happen more often in apocalyptic stories.

It'd be awesome if air units, instead of fading away, plummeted to the ground and then they faded away.

So... Risen Pegasus knights from Awakening? Except you get occasionally get flashed by a dying zombie girl.

To this day, I wonder why the heck Pegasus riders are so determined to wear a skirt on a flying creature.

Being fair, saying "the guy with the goatee and punchable face" is easier to remember than "Maerchen".

Speaking of which, this is evidence that you can abuse the name when you kill him.

Yeah! Maerchen's got a squad of pirates who will be moving to the Great Bridge. There's really no hurry, they won't destroy the palace or anything like that. That's an skirmish. Skirmishes in this game function similarly to how they do in FE8, except some of them will move around the map and you cannot skip them once you've engaged them. If we're fast enough, we won't even have to fight them yet. As well, we've got an optional fight with zombies, which only serves to grind some experience.

So... a combination of FE8's skirmishes and Gaidens moving reinforcements. I can see that working.

Even if I agree that Runan is the better character, I can easily see why Holmes is still popular.

Sounds interesting on paper. It saves a unit from death, but it''s not the best weapon and still has limited uses, so the player has to decide whether to give the unit a normal weapon to give them a better chance at fighting, or this one to prevent them from dying. Guess we'll have to see how it works in practice.

1TX1hBo.png

o5oUPzj.png

That was an extremely seamless transition and I compliment you for it.

eFXQtFQ.png

f4JKtKs.png

EiwqWzd.png

VGHnTJP.png

WaHd88X.png

I can't tell if this is the game dialogue or yours, but it's good regardless.

DdYkloL.png

And who is this mysterious hooded figure?

I almost typed mysterious bag man and I don't know why.

cHf86S7.pnga2FUJKg.pngcePSVsQ.png

Also, Shigen's disarmed animation. Vega has the same sprite, but when it comes to Shigen, it's perfect. Even if his clothes don't match his portrait's attire at all.

Glad to see Shigens disarmed animation still has him crossing his arms.

But enough of that, it's time for Xeno and Katri to bond.

So... are they support partners?

iawnUpK.pngI was a slave until Admiral Vals saved me. I worked from dawn till dusk without even decent meals... The master's children picked on me, spat on me, hit me... They struck me with a cattle prod, yelling, "You're not human! You're just an animal!" I was so angry, but I couldn't stop crying.

fnGbdJE.png

Dang... I... wasn't expecting that for Xeno's backstory...

I'm torn between wanting to hug this kid and slowly backing away.

di26HFy.png

IfRBMws.pngOOF he got friendzoned. Crap. I'm sorry, man.

F-PjK3Z-Yq2FnARy8MvTaLphFJCMH97lE3gbEGh2KEd5w1fS81zm11Cc_2Q9LQFLlI9qgieNy5odgIpDPscCu1h8DSNGH2RhJ2cP.png

iawnUpK.pngThanks, Katri...

I read both gratitude and disappointment in that "thanks".

FF3NqbQ.pngReally? I didn't know that. What did Yoda say?

0D76yEa.png

HAh2rZH.pngWell, your dad turned out all right. They worked for the Cult together, and when your dad tried to leave, your mom killed him with dark magic." He didn't even think about holding back. I was completely floored.

I believe the other Yoda would have said "Heretics, your parents were, child. All right, your father was. Together, worked for the cult, they did. Leave, your father tried, and kill him with dark magic, your mother did."

Keep that up and I might say "you're next".

HAh2rZH.pngI never knew you felt so strongly about it. I know you hate your dad's guts, but what about your mom? Did she abandon you or something?

FF3NqbQ.pngS-Shut up! You don't know anything about it! She had to deal with five years of marriage to that impossible man... She left when I was three.

So Holmes parents are actually alive this time around... and one of them is missing and the other is an @$$hole.

At the very least, I'll give Kaga credit for subverting the "lords parents are dead" trope.

I'm starting to see what you mean about this games legendary weapons.

FNhc610.png

xQunKTk.pngHey there, Marlon. Been a while.

Same. Was coming to miss this awesome guy.

FF3NqbQ.pngKatri, help me out here. Give me your opinion on these guys.

prSiLUK.pngHuh? But why me? I don't know anything about soldiers...

FF3NqbQ.pngBecause you're the only one here, stupid. Just help me size these guys up. I'll make the final decision.

Something tells me her advice won't be useful, but will make up for it in hilarity or stupidity.

Almost wish we could see it, but hey. This just adds to the games replayability.

0zFk3fj.png One thing you'll notice is that Katri's advice tends to be a little... lacking, when compared to Eugen's back in Verje. Still, it's to be expected, I suppose.

I can see why Eugen is the partner first to give the player actually useful advice. Then they can laugh at Katri's hilariously lackluster suggestions later.

This game is not subtle in who it want's you to use, is it?

Despite that, he has my vote.

Gentlemen are rare in the world today, and Kriess just gained several points in my book.

xQunKTk.png I think we might've just witnessed the first petals of a beautiful romance blossom. Let's not dwell on the fact that we still don't know her age, and neither does Kreiss.

Foreshadowing...

Spoiler

r4imesBfScwj6VyEpYceHUqDzh-v5wq5MddYgyMVsBNXYQtaPfDBapsPGJLjc0ID5a2YYFUPWxK4MLh4DgwCDlpv7OLw99R9A87j-QACHF9ztc7RTrMLuV8RF_7vRAIg-RwC14XU

0zFk3fj.png ...

That... uh... Yeah...

Arkis is going to feel like sh*t when/if he hears about that.

And after seeing what Katri's comments, I thought about doing this joke, so...

Spoiler

Hermes's artwork for Blustone.

prSiLUK.png He looks like a Pokémon trainer.

Spoiler

Actually, Hermes is a mailman. A mailman in a world covered in snow and filled with blizzards, monsters, bandits, and other dangers. And he travels to places on foot.

Needless to say, there's good reason why he's considered an experienced hunter. Also, he duel wields those swords.

Kain's artwork for Blustone.

prSiLUK.png Aww! A kitty person! Wearing a tuxedo! And he has a katana!

Spoiler

That kind of hurt to write. Kain is actually a werewolf (a term I use loosely for the game), a bodyguard-for-hire, and that Katana is an electric sword.

He's also my best unit in Blustone so far.

Kellam (FE13 Artwork)

prSiLUK.pngWhy is there an empty suit of armor in the middle of the room?

Spoiler

...Do I really need to explain it?

Image result for starkiller

prSiLUK.pngHe looks troubled. But he's dual wielding swordbreakers, so that's a plus?

Spoiler

Those will do more damage than swordbreakers, I can tell you that! And this isn't even getting into how powerful Starkillers force powers are...

Image result for mint candy

prSiLUK.pngHey! It's Mintz! He's a better The Roget The Paladin! He learns Wrath! And Flurry! And now I want a McFlurry!

Spoiler

Mintz is here as well, and at first glance he looks just like a better Roger that comes later. Well, more or less, he is, but the main difference is his skillset. He has Wrath and... Flurry. Flurry might just be the single best skill in this game. You know that troll skill in the FE5 that made you get shot by ballistae 5 times instead of once? Well, Flurry's that, except it's manually controlled. If the unit's speed surpasses the enemy's, you just press "flurry" and you'll get up to 5 rounds of combat. Add to that the fact that Mintz can use the pilum at base, and you got a really solid unit.

Spoiler

image.png.77ab1ba513834de5cb8e26ef53977dd8.png

Deal With It

And I had to look up a different topic to find this picture. Fortunately, I remembered that I that I used the word "trampoline" in that post, because for some reason I remember the strangest things.

I'm also a little embarrassed where I got the picture from.

It was also my discord picture for a while.

Why am I going on this tangent?

Very well, folks. It's been a couple days, and I think that's quite enough. In a turn of events that will probably surprise nobody (let's be honest, this voting was decided the moment Lionel was revealed to be an option), Lionel wins, with a sky-high pile of votes that I didn't even bother to count because, c'mon, nobody else got any votes except for Ezekiel, and the poor guy only got two.

Update will come out in a few, so sit tight.

Part 22 - Cave story.

Well, took me long enough! Let's get right into it.

Replies:

Spoiler
On 15/1/2019 at 5:25 PM, BrightBow said:

So there are two copies of the tome, one for Eisenbach and one for Maruji's father. ...hmmm, that raises some questions. Family relationships sure are complicated in this game.

Aethin posted a map of relationships in his translation's thread. When I first saw it, I suddenly felt an urge to get myself some spaghetti. I wonder what that was all about.

Anyway, Lionel it is. I don't think any of the other characters really add anything that isn't covered by someone else already. Also, you sure this isn't his normal movement? Because I could swear Lionel actually has a movement base, so it would be higher then 5.

His base is five, I can confirm. Marlon's room is just a castle map.

On 15/1/2019 at 6:59 PM, Dayni said:

Yeah, I understand the delusion. 

At least there's more whitewings as Catria has an alt.

Wow, that's a relief, I was worried the characters I don't really care much about are there.

I wasn't clear, I meant it was a contradiction the Seth was on an all mage team. Also, at least you're having fun using him.

Had. Haven't touched the game for ages.

Also, you try the Abyssal difficulty. I've cleared a grand total of one. One map.

Eeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhh what can I say, I've other things to play. Like Perfect Dark on perfect dark difficult (I know, redundant) with 154% increased everything. Those guards are way too much fun to play with.

Yeah, I wrote that when I didn't know I'd have 2 interviews in quick succession.

I really wanted to make an edit or two but not today.

Oof, I'm so sorry.

That's just an image from the movie. What am I supposed to respond to that with?

(Though sadly it's more accurate as Leonie is very young.)

Jikes, now that you mention it... still isn't quite accurate. That scene transpired... radically differently in the book.

And that requires him taking the boots.

Roy's a better candidate. Roy.

Roy can suck my lollipop, I'll give the boots to Dougy so he can walk the distance more efficiently.

I mean, I could think of a few angry ones.....

(Take this in lieu of an edit.)

They're not as great as Mintz. Or Norton.

Runan is truely one of history's greatest monsters.

-Cult of Gerxel, whatever year this is.

I'm sure he'd make even the likes of Dagon blush.

Or hell, most of that army.

That much is true, but for the secondary characters it's understandable. Roy? Roy has no excuses.

Still better than a base Ruka would be.

But what about the memes?

Well, I guess Raffin will do no more this playthrough.

He never was going to, you were delusional.

So, badly misinformed?

Or apparently Yazam had an Azoth.

None of this makes any sense.

Holmes is absolutely worth using, even when bowlocked. Let's hope Claude's FE's equivalent.

I'm more fond of Dimitri, myself. Only because he's called Dimitri.

Also, Shigen's pretty good, but oh man Dullahan is one of the most bizzare weapons, useful defensively but the low hit makes it a bit limited. Can't wait to see how often he "dies".

Just watch.

Holmes: Fucking newbs.

He's one of those tryhards who kill friendlies in massive multiplayer FPSs.

I'm pretty sure he counts too.

Why is he here?

Because I can't have him go home.

Why don't you wait until you see his face to come up with a name? Kinda hard to think up a name for a bunch of brown robes.

Also, hey, that comparison isn't really all that fair. Humphrey was a joke, physically. Fun fact: he was supposed to be my sprite when I first conceived him, but he ended up looking like a serial killer, so I instead made the other version. Then I decided to use him as the villain because he looked like a serial killer. And then I came full circle and came up with the brilliant idea for his true identity.

7 is barely higher than Runan.

That's just disappointing on their parts.

My Cavaliers suck. Good thing we got The Roger.

I mean, we all know why she can't be, but still.

Hey, could be. Would make for a damn good plottwist.

Xeno/Katri?

I'd ship.

They're both underage, so for once, it's not horrible. Way to go, Kaga!

Kaga though?

He's ice cold in comparison. RIP Xeno/Katri.

Kaga doesn't like it when both of the involved parties are underage.

Hold on! He's not talking bizzarely.

Does that mean this is Yoda's backstory?

Or that Shigen's a bad storyteller.

Holmes, wow so edgy.

(I would do an edit but it's bad enough I'm responding with an interview so soon)

Edits can eat shit.

So wait, you get two copies of Sylphid if you do this event?

Okay, I understand everyone's choice now.

Heheh... I knew you'd see reason.

It's a shame Res is half magic.

Yup.

Well, Holmes is a Richard after all.

Poor Holmes. Is he deserving of such n-- yes. Yes he is.

Ezekiel needed to have more strength than Narron of all people sadly.

Lionel is looking like a good choice.

Why would you only allow him here?

Because Kaga doesn't like it when things are balanced and reasonable.

I feel bad for her.

I know she hates that too, but the self-hate is a shame. That and being blind in the middle ages of anime must be worse that in the actual middle ages as there's almost nobody you'd know around when you get old.

She's in a really shitty situation, all things considered...

Well Arkis gets to go straight to hell.

Good for him.

So, on the unit picking:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm on Team Lionel honestly. Exekiel's only worth it for Letenna, Ruka's got nothing and Narron's banned.

Of course.

Also a note in relation to Letenna:

That's interesting... perhaps I will do Leteena after all!

Reveal hidden contents

So, there is a way to circumvent needing Ezekiel, but I don't think you'll like it.

See, the event that you need Ezekiel for can be avoided if one of the two are dead before map 26. You can also resurrect a unit in the late game. You can see where I'm going with this.

Course I'm all for No Letenna, but still.

On 15/1/2019 at 8:28 PM, corto super said:

Iirc if Mel have full inventory and Maruj doesn't you get two sets of Ensorcel.

Well, that's one way to make a first post in a thread... and third post in the overall site! Welcome, I guess.

On 15/1/2019 at 10:45 PM, Pengaius said:

Yay! Arkis! Go! Arkis! Green cavs are the best!

Ergh...

*grumble grumble* dumb RNG *grumble grumble* rigged levels *grumble grumble* Arkis is best cav

Yeah...

I know you wrote this a while back but grr

Sorry, dude.

At this point I feel you're doing it on purpose. 

Come now, how could I be doing it on purpose if you hadn't even expressed your anger yet? When I do it from here on out, then it's going to be on purpose.

Well I vote Ezekiel because more ARKIS STORY RELEVANCE

Actually, no, it only makes Kreiss relevant. Arkis disappears from the plotline after telling Leteena she has holes for eyes. Sorry.

On 15/1/2019 at 11:03 PM, Ruminant said:

yeah, I agree with you on that count

I don't have anything else to say about it (pretty much said my piece already) but I figured I should respond to this in some capacity so uhhh

Don't worry, I know the feeling.

I mean, if it comes to the point where you have to use him, Raffin is still usable as a Bronze Paladin, right? Though you'd have more of a task getting him back up to par without his promotion bonuses.

Honestly, if it came down to that, he'd be utterly useless, but of course, if everyone else was dead it'd be a good time to call off the LP.

You'd think that Maerchen being a name as ugly as the man who bears it would make it easier for Holmes to remember. It's like... a mnemonic, or something?

Or maybe he can't be arsed to memorize it because it's so complicated.

(in all seriousness though, gags involving remembering someone's name wrong are always hilarious to me, and I'm not entirely sure why)

You can expect more of those, then.

I hope Holmes's dad actually shows up at some point just so we can see if he's as bad as Holmes says or not.

Wait and see.

(that aside, I somewhat sympathize with the idea Holmes is getting at here: fortunately not from personal experience because my parents are good people, but there are a lot of bad parents in the world, and... well, I forgot how I wanted to word this, but basically I don't think people should feel obligated to have anything to do with their parents if their parents are bad people)

I agree with this.

Wouldn't "extremely advanced magic" have a mastery requirement higher than 7, though?

No complaints, mind; it's an amazing weapon, and a higher requirement would mean that Maruj might not be able to use it yet (which you could argue fits the conversation better, but...)

I think Sylphis was just worried that Maruj might blast himself with the thing. 18 might is something you've got to be reeeeeeeeally careful around.

No, you were right the first time, Holmes.

Noone's gay for Luca...

okay yeah, I'm not going to risk casting a vote for Luca this time, Lionel gets my nod

Narron might be more interesting to use at this stage of the game compared to back in Chapter 2 but since you didn't note otherwise I assume he's still banned

Why is everyone convinced that I was serious with the Narron ban? I mean, sure, if you picked Narron I probably would've gotten mad and benched him, but...

On 16/1/2019 at 12:26 AM, eclipse said:

Told ya Esther would be worth it~!  She's totally pulling her weight here~!

She definitely is. Worse than Kreiss still, but better than Arkis, so if I have to sacrifice someone, I know who it will be. Rejoice!

On 16/1/2019 at 12:58 AM, BrightBow said:

Esther sure showed off that 18% defense growth of her's. Sometimes I wonder just how accurate the growth rates that we got for this game actually are.

Given the random nature of growth rates, it's kinda hard to tell.

In any case, if she does manage to become bulky, that would most certainly work well with her Life or Death skill.

Life or Death, huh... y'know, for the most part, I like the new names for the skills better. Wrath just sounds so much better...

On 16/1/2019 at 3:37 AM, Franp3 said:

Yes please.

Let's see what I can do about it, then.

SuddenLee, something entireLee different!

He did Leeve!

The long Leest [...] in Leeberia.

I dare you to do Lee puns with every single sentence containing "lee" for a whole update. I fuckin' dare ya. Will you accept my chaleenge?

Oh boy, another lord with blue hair. Points for originality.

I... very Franp. You doofus.

Aha! Revenge is a dish best served cold!

How long have you been waiting to use that, exactly?

I vote for Lionel.

Of course you do. Like everyone else. Yawn.

I propose Henry.

Pfffffffft... oh please.

On 16/1/2019 at 4:51 AM, Mad-manakete said:

Personally, I like Shadow Dragon. Name one other game in the series with as few maps that pull bullshit? No Swamps. No unbearable desert trek because for once the desert map has enough plains spaces interjected to allow mounted units an alternative, no fog of war or escort/rescue missions. Sure it lacks variety. But better to have one style of mission and have it done well than to have a dozen styles and have half of them broken, as Revelations proves.

Honestly, that's one of the reasons that make me like it as much as I do. Sure, the final battle's just more of the same, but it's so well done and so intense, I just love it. Probably my favourite final battle in the series, because, god damn, it actually feels like one. It's one heck of a struggle. just making it to Medeus is difficult, and then there's the guy himself who's incredibly powerful. Awesome.

The trick here is simple. Subtlety. You do an edit of a store with a shelf full of the Tellius games, and a shelf labelled "rule 34 fanart of Pretzel and (Binding Blade) Morgan" with a "sold out" sign on it. That way, you show it and don't show it at the same time. Bonus points if the Tellius games are on clearance

Eeehhh too hard; didn't draw.

Lee must have decided to Leeve him a sliver of life so he could be EXP for someone else. Probably a good idea, seeing as odds are he's been in a burn ward since.

He decided the terrible experience of facing the leedoukens would keep him leeshed and quiet. Clearly, he was mistaken.

Ironic when the mythical Dullahan is an entity more likely to cause death, seeing as when he stops riding, it is to call the name of whomever has been chosen to die. Wonder if the sword and rider are linked, and that's how the sword gets life force.

Huh... curious theory you've got going on there.

So was she named after the tome or the tome after her or is this one of those things where the father married her because the name of his tome was similar? Damn it this hurts.

Like I said once before, I'm looking forward to knowing the dad's name, after seeing things like Eisenbach, Sylphis and Maruj.
I knew priests were also called "father", so it seems poetic that Katri thinks our good healer is FatherLee.

D'awwww...

I wonder which one the game wants you to pick.

Probably Luca.

Arkis the sensitive. Explains his success with the other women.
"Are you even listening" ~Arkis, on being ignored by a deaf girl
"Would you care to spread your legs for me" ~ Arkis, to the paraplegic girl
"Isn't that a guy's name" ~ Arkis to Martel
"You're so hot" ~ Arkis to a burn victim.
"I wish there were two of you" ~ Arkis to a woman with bipolar disorder.
"How about we take this upstairs, to the bedroom?" ~ Arkis to the paraplegic girl, again, after she was done crying.
"You're more of a man than I am!" ~ Arkis, to a trans woman.

His continued survival is nothing short of a miracle.

On the vote, I'm going with Zeke. For the LEEtena event.

Now leesten here, you. You don't have to jump at every chance to make a Lee pun. Have some restraint.

Also, I would like to see the alternate reality where Raffin got a new Leese on life as a flier.

Well, then, that makes two of you.

On 16/1/2019 at 5:50 AM, Hawkwing said:

Looking back at my previous posts... dang. It's surprising how much even subdued anger will change a person.

Seriously, don't worry about it.

Right. Maybe I should have copy pasted that from google. Reminds me of a joke where people search up "Pokémon" just to get the é.

Since I'm spanish, we have that pretty easy. As well as the ñ. What we don't have is all those weird german characters.

Yes, even if gif searching and real life work did have a hand in delaying the response.

Eh, you got there eventually, and that's what counts.

Watching it again... It has a lot more to it than a person getting part of their face cut off...

I'll be honest, I missed the part where someone had part of their face cut off. All the visuals had me confused.

Hence the quotations marks.

Yeah...

As much as I enjoy Miriel and Laurent as both units and character, Anachronistic Glasses Mom and Son is the first way I will refer to them now.

Sure, "anachronic" can be my version.

You're forgetting the part where you fold it in repeatedly. And the part where you poke their eye out out with the legs. And the part where you just swing it and smash their limbs. And this isn't even getting into using the environment...

I, uh, kinda forget why I posted that.

I know these two are replies to different things, but still. Fitting.

Fatalities make more sense in a series where attacks like that are survivable.

I guess so.

Image result for about to say something meme

I can just feel the impotence.

Admittedly, I said that just because Shadow Warrior has a pretty nasty gore system, and the melee combat is pretty enjoyable. I just want them torn to bits. Is that too much to ask?

Not quite, frankly.

Somebody needs to photoshop Lee into the video now.

Just the same exact thing but with Lee's portrait just floating around where the video's actual Lee is supposed to be.

And that concerns me.

Yeah, understandably so...

When I typed it in, I got "Reviving ender dragon" and "reviving endangered languages".

When I did my own search, I found a Black Ops 3 Zombies's gameplay.

I guess we're both really good at paperwork, then.

Rather bleak thing to be good at, but I'll take it, I guess.

Thrill-er theme

Still beyond me. My apologies.

I am. And I get the feeling it will be rewarded.

Ah, we'll find out.

I'll be the guy in the zombie apocalypse who, upon entering a wine store or bar, will say "Great! More ammo..."

That needs to happen more often in apocalyptic stories.

It would make for a funny scene, that much is for sure. And foreshadowing, for when the guy goes mad and becomes the main villain, and the final battle takes place at the bar.

So... Risen Pegasus knights from Awakening? Except you get occasionally get flashed by a dying zombie girl.

To this day, I wonder why the heck Pegasus riders are so determined to wear a skirt on a flying creature.

Is that real? Goodness gracious... sounds like something that'd come out of DeviantArt.

Being fair, saying "the guy with the goatee and punchable face" is easier to remember than "Maerchen".

Speaking of which, this is evidence that you can abuse the name when you kill him.

Hahahahah, we'll have to see.

So... a combination of FE8's skirmishes and Gaidens moving reinforcements. I can see that working.

It does work.

Even if I agree that Runan is the better character, I can easily see why Holmes is still popular.

Indeed.

Sounds interesting on paper. It saves a unit from death, but it''s not the best weapon and still has limited uses, so the player has to decide whether to give the unit a normal weapon to give them a better chance at fighting, or this one to prevent them from dying. Guess we'll have to see how it works in practice.

Probably we will. As we all know, I can't strategize to save anyone's life, so I'll probably have to use the crutch.

That was an extremely seamless transition and I compliment you for it.

Thank you!

I can't tell if this is the game dialogue or yours, but it's good regardless.

Mine. Didn't take it from anywhere else, either, I made it all up.

And who is this mysterious hooded figure?

I almost typed mysterious bag man and I don't know why.

That's probably because he looks like he's wearing a brown garbage bag.

Glad to see Shigens disarmed animation still has him crossing his arms.

Yup.

So... are they support partners?

Looks like it.

Dang... I... wasn't expecting that for Xeno's backstory...

I'm torn between wanting to hug this kid and slowly backing away.

You're the guy who wants people skinned alive. Go ahead and hug him. I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

F-PjK3Z-Yq2FnARy8MvTaLphFJCMH97lE3gbEGh2KEd5w1fS81zm11Cc_2Q9LQFLlI9qgieNy5odgIpDPscCu1h8DSNGH2RhJ2cP.png

Likewise.

I read both gratitude and disappointment in that "thanks".

More disappointment, most likely.

I believe the other Yoda would have said "Heretics, your parents were, child. All right, your father was. Together, worked for the cult, they did. Leave, your father tried, and kill him with dark magic, your mother did."

Dumb, this manner of speech is. A sinner, I am. Regrets, I have none. Or, "regrets, I have no", should I say?

Keep that up and I might say "you're next".

I'm so sorry... ;_;

So Holmes parents are actually alive this time around... and one of them is missing and the other is an @$$hole.

At the very least, I'll give Kaga credit for subverting the "lords parents are dead" trope.

Yup.

I'm starting to see what you mean about this games legendary weapons.

To be fair, this is one of the game's best, if only because anyone can wield it, even the guys who are supposed to be balanced out by the fact that they have no personal legendaries.

Same. Was coming to miss this awesome guy.

Marlon's pretty great, yes.

Something tells me her advice won't be useful, but will make up for it in hilarity or stupidity.

And so it did.

Almost wish we could see it, but hey. This just adds to the games replayability.

This is a very replayable FE, even if it's really long, thanks to stuff like this.

I can see why Eugen is the partner first to give the player actually useful advice. Then they can laugh at Katri's hilariously lackluster suggestions later.

That's probably what they had in mind.

This game is not subtle in who it want's you to use, is it?

Despite that, he has my vote.

You fell for it, dang it! Still, it should be fun to use Lionel.

Gentlemen are rare in the world today, and Kriess just gained several points in my book.

Good to know, because he's the uncontested best Cavvie I have so far, with Esther coming in second.

Foreshadowing...

Reveal hidden contents

r4imesBfScwj6VyEpYceHUqDzh-v5wq5MddYgyMVsBNXYQtaPfDBapsPGJLjc0ID5a2YYFUPWxK4MLh4DgwCDlpv7OLw99R9A87j-QACHF9ztc7RTrMLuV8RF_7vRAIg-RwC14XU

Pfft.

That... uh... Yeah...

Arkis is going to feel like sh*t when/if he hears about that.

I have a feeling Kreiss will just not tell him.

And after seeing what Katri's comments, I thought about doing this joke, so...

Reveal hidden contents

Hermes's artwork for Blustone.

prSiLUK.png He looks like a Pokémon trainer.

Reveal hidden contents

Actually, Hermes is a mailman. A mailman in a world covered in snow and filled with blizzards, monsters, bandits, and other dangers. And he travels to places on foot.

Needless to say, there's good reason why he's considered an experienced hunter. Also, he duel wields those swords.

Kain's artwork for Blustone.

prSiLUK.png Aww! A kitty person! Wearing a tuxedo! And he has a katana!

Reveal hidden contents

That kind of hurt to write. Kain is actually a werewolf (a term I use loosely for the game), a bodyguard-for-hire, and that Katana is an electric sword.

He's also my best unit in Blustone so far.

Kellam (FE13 Artwork)

prSiLUK.pngWhy is there an empty suit of armor in the middle of the room?

Reveal hidden contents

...Do I really need to explain it?

Image result for starkiller

prSiLUK.pngHe looks troubled. But he's dual wielding swordbreakers, so that's a plus?

Reveal hidden contents

Those will do more damage than swordbreakers, I can tell you that! And this isn't even getting into how powerful Starkillers force powers are...

Image result for mint candy

prSiLUK.pngHey! It's Mintz! He's a better The Roget The Paladin! He learns Wrath! And Flurry! And now I want a McFlurry!

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

image.png.77ab1ba513834de5cb8e26ef53977dd8.png

Deal With It

And I had to look up a different topic to find this picture. Fortunately, I remembered that I that I used the word "trampoline" in that post, because for some reason I remember the strangest things.

It was also my discord picture for a while.

Why am I going on this tangent?

My personal favourite is the armor. It's the most relatable one. I, too, don't understand exactly why Marlon offers a suit of armor as an ally.

...okay, no, I cannot deny it, the part with Mintz made me lose it. She doesn't even know Mintz! He comes with Flurry and Wrath at base, he doesn't learn them! The Paladin is not called Roget, he's Roger! What the hell? I'm sure if I looked at it hard enough, even the "hey!" would be wrong somehow!

On 16/1/2019 at 5:50 AM, Hawkwing said:

Doesn't look Rule34 enough... perhaps 4chan?

Update:

Spoiler

First off, for those who are interested, here's what would have happened if you voted to take the flute from Sharon.

Spoiler

D4rfRWe.png

KyqeLDW.pngicKWoVd.png

0WJ4dRs.png

Fancy stats, but funnily enough, base Mintz is still better than base Wyvern Raffin, and he has Flurry and Wrath.

w7hjyM9.png

J3ntLLJ.pngI owe you, Sharon. Thank you. But even with you and Garuda here, I can't... I have to take Barge back from the Empire. I'll never be whole until the day I do.

l9X3N1M.pngI understand how you feel, Raffin. I'll be right beside you the whole way. So please, don't push me away again. Don't force yourself to be alone.

J3ntLLJ.pngSharon... Wait here. I'll go get us some wine. Let's drink together till dawn in celebration of our historic reunion.

l9X3N1M.pngHehe, that sounds nice. Just the two of us, like the old days...

0zFk3fj.png You know, I fail to see why choosing here is necessary. Why does it have to be Verje or Barge? They're not mutually exclusive, you know! Why not hook up with Sharon again and introduce her to the man who took care of you for so many years after your homeland fell? Although, to be fair, knowing them, Esther and Sharon would have become enemies, and both Raffin and Marlon would end up with more than they bargained for...

uWm3Wna.png

Once again, the people have spoken.

l8lCcyI.pngoSzJ3oX.png

And again, Marlon resists. C'mon, of course I'm sure, it's not like I was talking to Luca or anything like that.

FusgVw3.png1h7lSGq.png

Gear up. This is all we can buy for the moment, but it will suffice. Those are two weapons we don't want to waste too soon.

ZCvPMt2.pngjrjBErx.pnga2iWxlq.png

Last time, I speedran through the map to get all the conversations, but of course, in the actual run, we have to go through a skirmish before we can get to Taurus. Let's do it.

7MrWsFl.pngiZg6aBC.pngmfGujGU.png

The only remotely interesting thing is that these two guys are carrying free gold.

UF8aBXu.pngTcIXIsI.png

Oh, and one of the others gave me a free wooden bow. Pfeh. I mean, look at the stats on that thing. Useless, that's what it is.

Speaking of useless, guess who got the first level of the day!

BrYkxtt.png

Damn, that's good! Arkis, please. You've got fans, you know. I can't understand the hows or whys of it, but the truth of the matter is that you do, so try not to disappoint them, will you?

jby5KNT.png

Kreiss, meanwhile, also has fans. Yours truly, in particular, which is a good position to be in, isn't it? Damn, that defense might be a little lacking, but look at those other stats! Kreiss, keep up the good work, and the next Knight's Crest we come across might just have your name written all over it.

G80DHtU.png

Tom got a level, too. It's... uh. I want to use you, man. Don't do this.

l7vddP0.png

And that's it for the skirmish. I sold both bags as soon as I made it to Verje.

0lCgTDA.pngEFzt6ld.png4YWKab5.png

With the cash, I got Tom a second bowgun, I properly armed Esther to account for her mastery growth, and gave Lionel some more affordable weapons. We're all set, I believe.

hG4jStX.pngrYndogb.png

Guess I'll have to go through another skirmish before I go get Maerchen. What a bother, but that's neither here nor there. Today, it's time for one of this game's optional chapters. Yes, this chapter can be skipped, but it's not a good idea to do so in a regular run. You lose way too much by skipping it, and I mean, who cares about 30 more turns, if I make it out with half my army alive, I'll be satisfied.

MAj9V7u.pngMjrK0sC.png

Team.

2srWZc7.png

I didn't cover this chapter's text last time, so we'll do it today. Don't worry, it's not too much at all.

0zFk3fj.png Man, that guy's jaw. It's almost Bors-tier. Almost.

TqXpJrr.png

xQunKTk.png Eeeyy new Morgan!

umDBuyh.pngDidn't say what for, but I can imagine... Geh heh heh!

0zFk3fj.png Everyone in this continent's a serial rapist. I'm sure those "villagers who became bandits because their village was destroyed by other brigands" Raffin talked about back in chapter 2 do exist, but Shazam most certainly isn't one of them. And neither is this fucker.

EzCAFxS.pngYou know, I think I've had about enough out of you, pig. How about this: you leave me the keys, and you get to leave with your head intact. Sound fair?

umDBuyh.pngOh, new guy wants a fight, does he? I thought there was somethin' fishy about you. Well, you got a big mouth, I'll give you that. But it'll take more than that to get past all of us!

PSF6WIk.png

hTMofYU.png Y'know, Lieberia might be filled with rapists and other degenerates, but on the other hand, there are so many badasses...

umDBuyh.pngThink you're real funny, don'cha? Hey guys, gimme a hand here! Our new friend is askin' for an axe or two to the head!

jYD43Ew.png

CoRySSF.pngnTg9lQ5.png

vDxtkpU.png

0LE7lrg.png

7ke2uGJ.png

AlIhvh6.png

iasif08.png

15aBxBD.pnglyclWOJ.png

ktMo0t3.png

I8R0dU2.png

e1JhbtO.png

ovZ24Gd.pngaStmhLl.png

3h229Dw.png

Map. Simple one, bunch of fatasses. Yazam is in the middle of the cave, with two fatasses and the only handsome man in the entire cave, who I can only guess is Yazam's bestie. Ahem. Not going there. Aaaaanyway, this chapter's more of a slog than anything else, really. Nobody's in any danger. The only semi-difficult parts are the confrontation with Yazam and the first corridor, as we'll be swarmed by fatsos while the Hunter and Axeman next to Yazam pepper us with ranged attacks (the Axeman has a tomahawk). As for the NPCs, both the big-jawed Fighter and the captive girl are going to be absolutely fine.

YT9zWcK.pngt3H2qge.png

Samson: HP 95% - Strength 35% - Skill 35% - Speed 40% - Defense 25% - Magic 5% - Luck 15% - Mastery 35%
Alicia: HP 35% - Magic 25% - Skill 30% - Speed 25% - Defense 11% - Strength 0% - Luck 40% - Mastery 40%

Samson here is going to be protecting Alicia from the guys who won't try to bring her to Yazam, but instead will try to kill her because they have a really shitty attention span.

Samson's hilarious. Aside from stealing his name from Man You Should Not Be Choosing Because Arran Is The Better Alternative And It's Canon That He Was Not Picked By Marth And Went To Gra And Hooked Up With Sheena (MYSNBCBAITBAAICTHPBMAWTGAHUWS for short), Samson is without a doubt the best dedicated axe user in the game. Aside from amazing bases, he's got great growths for this game, Frontiersman, which is probably the best of the terrain skills, learns Vantage, which is handy... his supports are bad, as he only has a "support" with a NPC (according to FEWOD), and he doesn't learn Flurry or anything like that, but he's still godly because of his raw stats. Great unit, best axeman, definitely won't be using because I have Juliattisnacordst and Garo.

As for Alicia, she's our third Mage, and what a mage, too. Statistically, she's not looking so hot, being underlevelled and with terrible defenses, but she's better than Meriel and she's got the advantage of being in the route where one can grind. She also specializes in thunder and wind, which I believe to be a better pair than the inaccurate, heavy fire and the extremely rare light. Her growths aren't that good, but like every other non-Maruj unpromoted Mage in the game, she's carried by her personal tome, Dire Thunder. Just how dire is it?

b4HTEs4.pngF3WBois.png

Hohohohohohohohoho... very dire. It's a brave tome with 62 uses, everyone. Good might, great accuracy, a bit of crit and very low weight ensure this would already be a heck of a lot better for combat than Meriel's tome even if it didn't have the brave effect.
By the way, have I mentioned that she learns Flurry at level 16? Just take a moment to imagine the amount of Dire Thunders she could shoot in one round of flurry combat. Mother of God... really good tome, I love it and its wielder. I'll probably try to use her.

3gEimjO.png

To do that, however, we must rescue her! Let's goooo!

Ahgdk5D.pngezElBPu.pngVFiuaDO.png

This is what most of Samson's fights are going to look like.

dFz3FjH.png

Remind me again, why did I have Julia lead the charge?

EBaP3Uu.pngOZKCxCG.png

In the player phase, she finishes off the guy.

jXppAYq.pngmsS5BB9.png0rzBNpg.png

Then Garo fights. Bah... come now, man, it's your first fight in ages, don't do this!

2tKl4tr.png

You can't be serious. Is this how this chapter's gonna go? Really?

tHecQ95.png

Finally, damnit! I forgot to take a screenshot of the map, but I'm pretty sure I had to wait a turn out there.

qB8qJCi.png

It is worth a shot.

em82Co8.pngZN7Z8sB.png

She can't even kill people with crits. Goodness gracious...

CMu8cRZ.pngyupaSAJ.png4qZEKoK.png

Let's check out Holmes's animations. They're pretty rad.

yDhsbSh.pngSaZkHDI.png

'Kay, here we go.

hK92JN3.pngXZt4eVj.png

Ah, crap. Here come the reinforcements.

xAQlhmc.png

Well, then. No choice but to confront them head-on.

0C60oCd.png

Juliattisnacordst falls just barely short of one-rounding some these idiots. How annoying...

YwSiPxr.png

Not this one, though. He finishes off this one just fine.

deoqNaD.pngPUlOmBZ.png

Juliattisnacordst retreats while Holmes shoots a guy. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really confused with these first turns. What even was going here? Stupid me, forgetting to take map shots... I can't make heads or tails of any of this! And Imgur isn't even to blame this time around! I think the problem is that, since every enemy looks alike and the backgrounds are all the same, all the action is virtually indistinguishable, leaving me to wonder if I the screencaps are where they're supposed to be. So bothersome...

b1Wljjv.png

And it's Shigen's turn to tank! I believe I missed yet another map screenshot here. I don't know what was up with me that day...

sjHdxTo.png

Shigen takes some damage, but it's not a problem.

h4bRDLV.png

Much less now! Hwahahahah, look at that strength. He's stronger than half the army, as a Myrmidon!

gQy6AcC.png

With the axemen dead and his shield still whole, Samson takes virtually no damage from the Hunters. They can only attack him one at a time if he doesn't move, and the one currently taking potshots at him is using a wooden bow, so...

A98L3la.png0Dtm0uL.png

Dang! Looks like we'll be seeing the Dullahan's special quirk sooner than later!

W7sjHxu.png

Oof!

hzmMJsA.pngPDJ4457.png

And he's back. Expect to see this a few more times throughout the LP.

SgRubyr.pngEL7668t.png

Holmes wears down somebody with the longbow. Really hate this narrow corridor, it's the worst.

qwEkfxj.png

Holmes, I know your bases are amazing, but you shouldn't do this kind of thing.

IPvMNyE.pngp8IuYSC.png

And it's time to finish the job!

Bncst5e.png8aWjgeM.png

I don't know why enemy Myrmidons held their swords over their heads while the playable ones turn into helicopters when they attack. Seems like a waste of an animation to me, but hey, don't judge Kaga.

7pOQVjN.png

Look, a map screenshot! It's a miracle! Seems like Tom has almost made it to the front.

01t9oHf.pngEYf9KKv.png

Good.

5IqgC9X.pngpRk4ibZ.png

Gooder!

1bFb762.pngEqEvoKa.png

It's time for Tom to do what he knows best: tank with his tank!

zDiVDRJ.png9IfHi8I.png

It is also the time for Lionel to fight for the first time!

1hlrqHX.pngUktjqdk.pngToD6Xql.png

A great debut.

Q5wc8jF.png

This is still going on, by the way.

CKV0oQy.pngxhCcesL.png

As is this!

9mZ5m8j.pngVe8FNML.png

No longer, though. Hey, he gained more than 20 experience from that!

nWojnWj.png

In all seriousness, we should hurry. Without his shield, Samson takes 4 damage from the wooden bow, and he also faces a chance to get hit critically.

OnmnJJq.png

Hwahahahah! The enemy's escaping from Tom! They know not to triffle with the tank.

VkEn7R4.pngukCRVZy.png

Ergh... not all of 'em, at any rate.

x3x9Fy9.png

It's a level up.

vnE91rm.png

Sigh... where's your great speed growth, mate? Is it on vacation?

kCqI9ZV.pngE8QHppD.png

Lionel and Holmes team up to take out a man. It's Lionel's first level!

UGpEO48.png

Bah, come on now! Seriously? Even you are going to disappoint me today, Lionel? I know you can do better than thi

pRMT3MW.png

...I... excuse me, I blinked there... could you show that again, please?

pRMT3MW.png

Okay... one more time, maybe?

pRMT3MW.png

All right, now show it again but multiple times.

pRMT3MW.pngpRMT3MW.pngpRMT3MW.pngpRMT3MW.pngpRMT3MW.pngpRMT3MW.pngpRMT3MW.pngpRMT3MW.pngpRMT3MW.png

Yes, ladies and gentlemen. First level he ever gets, and it's MOVEMENT. On a 5% growth.

cRWLZLT.png

I am speechless. Who cares if he didn't get anything else? He got move, everyone, MOVE! Hahahahahahahahah... yes! Life's great sometimes.

DVFodnc.pngejpNUG8.png

Man, now I wouldn't even mind if everyone else got shitty levels. Still, don't take that as an excuse to slack off, everybody. You still need to do well, so you can match Lionel's amaze factor!

uKvbUnN.pngH3F0vGG.png

The Fighters tank.

qNA3sAz.png34r8irp.pngDVuBljR.png

The Fighters retaliate.

58PE1Pg.png

Samson gets some speed and HP. Okay, I guess.

PSxtG1M.png3WSLpzL.png

Time to heal. Wouldn't want him to die to a crit. Yes, I can control him, he's not an NPC. Kind of a weird choice, but I'm okay with it, if it means he won't leave the cell's door where it's safe.

yYKQVWU.pngFeyDwVg.pngKzVuKYG.png

Juliattisnacordst is still going at it. We'll soon be out of that shitty corridor.

Tfi71JQ.png

Man, look at that shit. He's like a Cavalier in a map where Cavaliers aren't supposed to exist. And that's not all, he's still gonna get another point when he promotes! Heheheheheheheh... 7 move infantry? Don't mind if I do!

gpvkFQM.png

Still, he does have 5 defense, so I won't have him frontline just yet.

Vgw9tO2.pngL9LQPBG.png

It's like one of those "before" and "after" shots in infomercials for weight loss products. It's so effective, you get your hair back!

TzaxtZp.png

Since we finally have a chance, let's check out Holmes's bowgun animations. Look at that, it's so overly dramatic! Why's he doing that pose?

EnhlMou.pngL0jeT2V.png

There we go. I think we're in the clear.

jqyw9gB.pngc5hdR1E.png

Look at her, she thinks she's good because she got a lot of stats. A shame those are all stats she doesn't have much use for, except for mastery I suppose. Lionel's 2-stat level is still better by a longshot.

c8V7xPF.png

Almost out of that dinky little crevice, at last!

E2QoHiB.png

AAAAHH!!

BX0OrWt.png

MY TANK, NOOOOO!!

p2bOn1v.png

Oh, he tanked the crit.

Awesome. I'm glad I'm using the tank.

v7yHc2B.png

This is still happening. Just saying.

HwdP9fu.pngNPPMzjN.png

Oh, man, first melee fight and he crits? Lionel, you're too good to me... ah-HAH!

CcpRl7S.pngQvtKwCw.png

DEATH BY A THOUSAND CUTS!

AB3n5Q6.png

Blech...

kExN3VS.pngIiBMKP8.png

Garo, you do it.

ZVHubbR.png

Buh-bye, killer bastard! That shield of yours was not enough to protect you from my wrath!

And with that, it's time to move forward.

zHAKaFq.png5FkBq6v.png

Lionel and his move lead the charge!

oqHzsFb.png

Ah, so they're sending a welcoming committee, huh? They're going down!

awv3WHt.png

A shame Lionel isn't quite fast enough to pull this off, and the crit makes me nervous, so he'll wait for the others.

251hI7O.png

Like so.

ilOcvja.pngjK1DVJn.png

Julia, you can't even dodge an arrow shot by the world's suckiest archer, with the world's suckiest bow.

twIWbpd.png86ZDgsS.pngvmXb64c.png

Shigen, on the other hand, treats us to this delightful adept crit. Damn! What a pretty light show!

a13BzGZ.png

This is almost as pretty. Nice, strength! Excellent!

BxiZJy9.pngZOtHfRD.png

Okay! Moving forward. Samson's great, but he can't last forever.

aeGxESa.png

Especially since he's got only one more use of his fruit left.

p6Lu1Jt.pngeezVKHf.png

But that's okay, because we've lured some of those idiots away from him. Now instead of a wooden bow idiot, it's an iron bow idiot trying in vain to kill Samson, which is worse, but hey, we're almost there.

vpG8gGh.pngPC1tXmP.png

Great.

vlHYdz8.png

The problem now is that this wooden idiot has a chance to crit. This is something that I do not like. Let us take steps to ensure his life does not continue.

7hRMmO3.pngY8ALTjf.png

C'mon, don't fail me now, Garo...

3fOl3VY.png

Astounding!

6yVdVEv.png

Nice. I knew I could count on you, man. You're good, don't let the tier lists convince you otherwise.

ufci1hS.png

We got a 2 use leather shield as a little bonus. Cute.

K91abKz.png

Julia, your strength needs help. Help yourself to this kill.

leLqLCP.pngCuPGOjE.png

Hey, you did it! You killed someone by yourself! You did it! You did it! You did it!

kDZSxEp.png

...you did it all wrong, damnit! Barnacles, blistering bollocks! This isn't what you need! Why is Lionel the only one capable of getting something good? Well, and Garo.

J8fQBgS.png

Either way, that guy's screwed.

uDHtGnw.png

I didn't even take a screenshot of the actual fight, that's how little it mattered.

o1hqMeU.pngWJgXbKG.png

Oh, good lord... look at him! I thought he looked melodramatic when he was holding a crossbow, but take a gander at him getting healed! What, is he trying to show Katri his good side? Well I'm sorry, Holmes, but I'm afraid both your sides show disgusting amounts of DICKISHNESS.

hN6xNnl.pngGXwWMrY.png

It's another level for the Lion-el!

zIvTyyJ.png

I'd have liked some defense, but strength is good too, and that HP's nice, his base is a little on the lower side. Honestly, after that move level, he could get jack shit for the rest of the chapter and I wouldn't even be so mad. Even so, please don't.

dNSbT6q.png7gsxb4X.png

Let's have our lord open this door for Alicia. I doubt she'll do anything today, as I don't want her to waste that precious Dire Thunder on the rut that's left, but still, there are conversations to be had.

mEewBO0.png0JJMS3G.png

dzc1stb.png

xQunKTk.png That's a nice, uh... boob window you got there? I can't say I understand what the purpose of that hole is supposed to be, but I'm pretty sure you're legal, so...

0zFk3fj.png ...what am I doing with my life?

EzCAFxS.pngDon't worry about it. The name's Samson. I'm a mercenary from Erial.

dTEFV0A.pngI'm Alicia, a priestess from the temple of Trente, to the north.

xQunKTk.png The temple of Trente, to the north? A shame it isn't to the east, then I'd be able to make a really shitty and obscure reference about a game I'm currently playing.

dTEFV0A.pngI was on my way to the Temple of Mars, but those bandits attacked me on the way.

EzCAFxS.pngSorry to hear it.

0zFk3fj.png Why is everyone obsessed with going to the Temple of Mars after it's been more or less destroyed? Eisenbach's death has to be public knowledge at this point, he wasn't exactly an average Joe!

EzCAFxS.pngSay, you're a mage, right? I'm assuming, based on your robes...

xQunKTk.png I see he's noticed the boob window as well, hm hm... ahem.

dTEFV0A.pngYes, I'm studying thunder and wind magic. I've even invented my own spell, too.

EzCAFxS.pngWhy didn't you just kill those idiots and break yourself out, then? They wouldn't have stood a chance.

dTEFV0A.pngIt's one of Lord Alfred's commandments: "One must never use magic to harm others, except in the direst of circumstances."

EzCAFxS.png...And this didn't qualify?

xQunKTk.png Either she's a terminal dumbass, or she just wanted to let Samson do the dirty work while she took a nap. Given a particular scene that we'll witness next time, I'm leaning more towards the latter option.

vK88Mpg.png

EzCAFxS.pngI mean, even if you're a Sage, if you go off to fight the Witch Dragon and don't come back, people are gonna start assuming the worst...

dTEFV0A.pngAh, no... I-It's not that Alfred! But people make that mistake a lot...

xQunKTk.pngSuuuuuuuuuuuuuureeeeeeeeeee...

EzCAFxS.pngOh, I see... That's a bit disappointing, but I guess it was stupid for me to get my hopes up. Yeah, there's no way he could be alive after all these years...

Uw1oK59.png

Cool story. Now, for the healing.

uua6yH2.pngy45fTIZ.png9WdRkC0.png

We're just moving right now.

XyUcKdz.pngIrM2IcD.pngsOGSImC.png

Only one more fatso before we make it to Yazam.

jPdT7mg.png

Nice, more stats you've no use for.

bwYQ8wh.png

What will you get? Something better, I hope.

xmD1woC.png

Hey that's actually not bad! Incredible! Thus far, that makes it you, the game's pseudo-Jeigan and Lionel for the only people to get good levels in this cave.

zUwoN9k.pngdVI1iYK.png

Finally made it!

6g8Ds1t.pngyBJZR1A.png

Here are Yazam and his bodyguard. Yazam got a bunch of levels since he died for the first time, and now he's ever-so-slightly more powerful. The problem is that he's got a silver sword and a shield, and he moves, two facts I really don't like.

bvK6A4H.pngJDc4sl0.png

Do your thing, Shigen!

IoJV6sQ.png

Vr0IkGS.pngCome an' try me, if you dare!

Two screens of battle quote?

8R9YxLc.png0VkpgtM.pngbUlXiLu.png

Shigen can't double with the Dullahan, but that's fine.

uRRoWcs.pngnAfbhlS.png

Dramatic crossbow, go!

ebVSvRE.png

Nice, that's really really good. Thanks, Holmes.

29cL3L2.png

Nope, not worth the risk.

wz4VUdJ.png

Instead, Tom will tank, as usual.

vzRHUYW.pngiJMI6HG.png

But first, chip damage.

tQqCs1x.png4ot7V2A.png

Oh, you sons of--

sIiSjWr.png

This is Yazam's max range.

o4jzCfR.png

Let's wait and fight his bodyguard alone.

YnnSbqs.pngkIomMch.png

We couldn't beat him. Stupid shields...

fLw6KxQ.png

Yazam can crit Tom, but Juliattisnacordst's support remedies that.

JVqab43.pngKPKCYRA.pngVIAY5jd.png

Like so.

GSnK7ba.pngGUI474R.png

Ah-ha! Now you're screwed.

8vt9jfU.png

Yeah yeah we know.

EStgI6O.png

Unbelievable... this again? Please, no!

VbFg4Zh.png

Well... this is a bit of a shitty situation.

0mY4HAQ.pngP0jGYqZ.pngzGOC9v6.png

I ain't letting my tank bite the dust just yet!

HSpAnve.png

There! What do you have to say now, Yazam?

jo50ujU.png

Oh, please... I should've just brought Alicia to Dire Thunder his ass, but I don't want to waste it here.

tZS6zYV.pngr3uT458.pngmRm94eH.png

This is the final battle of this chapter, in a nutshel. These three images.

B4QFXYW.png3BW6Ubc.png

C'mooon he's in the perfect spot now!

4PW7pCe.png572Rwue.png

Don't fail me now, Garo! Do it! Kill him!

YPVhims.png

Marvelous. I knew I could count on you, Garo.

CvZ9lQz.pngpVLJWWG.png

Is it too much to ask that you hit him now, Garo?

Qwdju00.pngoBHckzz.png

Cool, very cool.

ubnleVH.png

And an arrow later...

Osif2aE.png

Tom! Speed!

y6UktdP.png

Drat! Double drat, and triple drat! Doggone it, seriously?!

oC4fWO4.png

I'll kill him if it's the last thing I do!

poiqTEm.png

Piece of... no!

PU2yCQj.pngD1L0ebQ.png

Sigh...

3M7ZWm1.pngdWHTZ12.pngKGOXrQd.png

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh... this is so tiresome.

WqiXP0B.pngboIt9iA.png

You know, half of this wouldn't even be happening if I wasn't so cautious that I want to avoid even the tiniest bit of crit chance. But after FE6, I refuse to leave even the most trivial of situations up to the dice.

e2q48ms.pngr1nwPZv.pngPShjmQz.png

Almost there, damnit!

xChS4KU.pngItU8qTt.png

Yes! Yes! Lionel, don't fail me now...!

ZYH83ap.pngU15o6Uz.png

Gah, at last!

OV0PZ7i.png

They didn't even bother to chance his death quote... pretty sure this time around he's really dead, though.

X1Pswfl.png

Took him long enough!

Fzlyj8F.png

That was so not worth it. Still, it's better than every level Tom got today. Besides, that luck will help him avoid those pesky crits that I hate so much.

zqKhviS.pngZphcXz1.png

How cute. If only I hadn't let Yazam waste almost half of those uses.

8yUdENq.png

Okay, enemy's dead... we can proceed to the plot, game. Whenever you're ready...?

bhhe7k3.png

Ohhhhh.

Yeah, this is a thing that Holmes's route does sometimes: instead of route or seize, the objective is to get the loot.

fKw8J9e.png

Neat loot, but I'm gonna need a heck of a lot more than just one of these. Juliattisnacordst, Shigen, Julia...

0D116uc.png

And with that, the chapter's over and the plot commences. You'll have to wait until next time for that, however, as it is time for me to say "farewell"! So, farewell, and see you next time!

Death count: --

Reset count: 1 (Runan: 1)

On 1/16/2019 at 2:37 AM, Franp3 said:

I propose Henry.

He doesn't seem like a Henry imo.

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhh what can I say, I've other things to play. Like Perfect Dark on perfect dark difficult (I know, redundant) with 154% increased everything. Those guards are way too much fun to play with.

I'm not going to argue, I've been making progress with PoR again.

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oof, I'm so sorry.

What's there to apologise for? The interviews have happened.

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Roy can suck my lollipop, I'll give the boots to Dougy so he can walk the distance more efficiently.

Until he can't climb over the hills.

Or walk twice as slow as Roy in the desert.

Yes, I know those aren't the most relevant, but still.

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He never was going to, you were delusional.

I don't know, maybe I was just assuming something.

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm more fond of Dimitri, myself. Only because he's called Dimitri.

But I said Claude because he has bows.

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why don't you wait until you see his face to come up with a name? Kinda hard to think up a name for a bunch of brown robes.

Also, hey, that comparison isn't really all that fair. Humphrey was a joke, physically. Fun fact: he was supposed to be my sprite when I first conceived him, but he ended up looking like a serial killer, so I instead made the other version. Then I decided to use him as the villain because he looked like a serial killer. And then I came full circle and came up with the brilliant idea for his true identity.

I mean, I could use an edgy codename.

But you're not wrong in failing to get a grasp on an identity based on robes and silence.

None of this makes any sense.

That Maerchen didn't know Yazam died and that Yazam had an Azoth without us knowing.

They're both underage, so for once, it's not horrible. Way to go, Kaga!

Progress?

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's interesting... perhaps I will do Leteena after all!

But for resurrecting Kreiss? Really? :P

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

PSF6WIk.png

hTMofYU.png Y'know, Lieberia might be filled with rapists and other degenerates, but on the other hand, there are so many badasses...

I mean, he's not wrong. Cleaning blood from a stone is difficult.

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

0LE7lrg.png7ke2uGJ.pngAlIhvh6.png

I see they're not bringing their insult A-game to the skippable map.

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

YT9zWcK.pngt3H2qge.png

Samson: HP 95% - Strength 35% - Skill 35% - Speed 40% - Defense 25% - Magic 5% - Luck 15% - Mastery 35%
Alicia: HP 35% - Magic 25% - Skill 30% - Speed 25% - Defense 11% - Strength 0% - Luck 40% - Mastery 40%

Samson here is going to be protecting Alicia from the guys who won't try to bring her to Yazam, but instead will try to kill her because they have a really shitty attention span.

Samson's hilarious. Aside from stealing his name from Man You Should Not Be Choosing Because Arran Is The Better Alternative And It's Canon That He Was Not Picked By Marth And Went To Gra And Hooked Up With Sheena (MYSNBCBAITBAAICTHPBMAWTGAHUWS for short), Samson is without a doubt the best dedicated axe user in the game. Aside from amazing bases, he's got great growths for this game, Frontiersman, which is probably the best of the terrain skills, learns Vantage, which is handy... his supports are bad, as he only has a "support" with a NPC (according to FEWOD), and he doesn't learn Flurry or anything like that, but he's still godly because of his raw stats. Great unit, best axeman, definitely won't be using because I have Juliattisnacordst and Garo.

As for Alicia, she's our third Mage, and what a mage, too. Statistically, she's not looking so hot, being underlevelled and with terrible defenses, but she's better than Meriel and she's got the advantage of being in the route where one can grind. She also specializes in thunder and wind, which I believe to be a better pair than the inaccurate, heavy fire and the extremely rare light. Her growths aren't that good, but like every other non-Maruj unpromoted Mage in the game, she's carried by her personal tome, Dire Thunder. Just how dire is it?

Samson's all kinds of good, so of course he's out.

Alicia is also good, so why's she in?

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

F3WBois.png

Hohohohohohohohoho... very dire. It's a brave tome with 62 uses, everyone. Good might, great accuracy, a bit of crit and very low weight ensure this would already be a heck of a lot better for combat than Meriel's tome even if it didn't have the brave effect.
By the way, have I mentioned that she learns Flurry at level 16? Just take a moment to imagine the amount of Dire Thunders she could shoot in one round of flurry combat. Mother of God... really good tome, I love it and its wielder. I'll probably try to use her.

Wait, there's no chance Olwen migrated and Alicia's her descendant?

41 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

h4bRDLV.png

Much less now! Hwahahahah, look at that strength. He's stronger than half the army, as a Myrmidon!

Yeah, Shigen's supposed to be solid.

42 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

PDJ4457.png

Dullahan's done with this: 1

44 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

xhCcesL.png

As is this!

How does a tank dodge a hand axe?

45 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

pRMT3MW.png

It appears I chose wisely.

46 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

p2bOn1v.png

Oh, he tanked the crit.

Awesome. I'm glad I'm using the tank.

They don't refer to Thomas as a tank engine for nothing.

47 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

CcpRl7S.pngQvtKwCw.png

I see Lionel's learned his criticals from someone in particular.

7hRMmO3.png

C'mon, don't fail me now, Garo...

How can he? He's got a double axe.

WJgXbKG.png

Oh, good lord... look at him! I thought he looked melodramatic when he was holding a crossbow, but take a gander at him getting healed! What, is he trying to show Katri his good side? Well I'm sorry, Holmes, but I'm afraid both your sides show disgusting amounts of DICKISHNESS.

That or he's got the Sacred Heart.

Either way it's probably a lie.

dzc1stb.png

xQunKTk.png That's a nice, uh... boob window you got there?

That is not I'm pretty sure.

It looks like she has a brooch for her cape that extends downward.

That's a fancy brooch though. Maybe they just wanted that?

54 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

xmD1woC.png

Hey that's actually not bad! Incredible! Thus far, that makes it you, the game's pseudo-Jeigan and Lionel for the only people to get good levels in this cave.

I see Butz is bulking up a bit.

55 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

yBJZR1A.png

Here are Yazam and his bodyguard. Yazam got a bunch of levels since he died for the first time, and now he's ever-so-slightly more powerful. The problem is that he's got a silver sword and a shield, and he moves, two facts I really don't like.

Well that's kind of terrifying.

8R9YxLc.png0VkpgtM.pngbUlXiLu.png

Shigen can't double with the Dullahan, but that's fine.

Yazam meanwhile looks like he's about to give a soliloquy before slicing up somebody.

ebVSvRE.png

Nice, that's really really good. Thanks, Holmes.

Well, that's pretty good in fairness.

Osif2aE.png

Tom! Speed!

Well, I guess this doesn't apply.

Fzlyj8F.png

That was so not worth it. Still, it's better than every level Tom got today. Besides, that luck will help him avoid those pesky crits that I hate so much.

Not as impressive, but hey he got a move level, so this doesn't seem so bad.

bhhe7k3.png

Ohhhhh.

Yeah, this is a thing that Holmes's route does sometimes: instead of route or seize, the objective is to get the loot.

Really?

I mean, that would be like Holmes to raid the dead but still.

Screw that corridor. I usually just have Katri clear it out. May be cheap, but that's a price I'm willing to pay to preserve my sanity. Besides, she is still an adolescent, so she needs to eat well to become big and strong.

I wonder if anyone noticed that this Albert fellow has already appeared. Makes me wonder why people think he's dead, considering he didn't even feel the need to keep his name a secret.

Death Count: (Shigen: 1)

Edited by BrightBow

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'll be honest, I missed the part where someone had part of their face cut off. All the visuals had me confused.

You missed a whole lot of other things, too. Although being fair, that video can be confusing without watching the previous ones.

Sure, "anachronic" can be my version.

Serenes Forest believes that "anachronic" is spelled incorrectly, for some reason.

Rather bleak thing to be good at, but I'll take it, I guess.

It means that the boring part of the job can be completed quickly, efficiently, and with less complaining.

It would make for a funny scene, that much is for sure. And foreshadowing, for when the guy goes mad and becomes the main villain, and the final battle takes place at the bar.

Or to show that they're savvy and know how to create makeshift grenades. Or that they're wise enough not to drink when zombies exist.

Is that real? Goodness gracious... sounds like something that'd come out of DeviantArt.

It falls into the "not common, but still happens more than a handful of times" category. It's mostly due to the camera angle occasionally being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Thank you!

You're welcome!

Mine. Didn't take it from anywhere else, either, I made it all up.

It's pretty good. As I said, I found it hard to tell if it was the game talking or you.

You're the guy who wants people skinned alive. Go ahead and hug him. I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

Being skinned is another irrational fear of mine, and something I wouldn't wish upon my worse enemies.

Considering, however, that this is the realm of fiction...

Dumb, this manner of speech is. A sinner, I am. Regrets, I have none. Or, "regrets, I have no", should I say?

Wise and alien, it makes Yoda appear. Succeed, in that area, they did.

I'm so sorry... ;_;

Apology accepted.

To be fair, this is one of the game's best, if only because anyone can wield it, even the guys who are supposed to be balanced out by the fact that they have no personal legendaries.

Now it sounds even more broken. Lee is going to have a field day when he gets his hands on it.

My personal favourite is the armor. It's the most relatable one. I, too, don't understand exactly why Marlon offers a suit of armor as an ally.

The joke becomes even better if you know about the character in question.

...okay, no, I cannot deny it, the part with Mintz made me lose it.

Lose it in the "I laughed a lot" or the "I screamed my head off" way?

He comes with Flurry and Wrath at base, he doesn't learn them!

I blame that on Katri's stupidity and being sleepy when I wrote that. I admittedly should have reread what you said.

The Paladin is not called Roget, he's Roger!

I would have fixed the spelling and punctuation errors in the post, if SF actually allowed me to edit posts where I quote you.

Seriously, why is that the only thing the website is consistent in preventing?

I'm sure if I looked at it hard enough, even the "hey!" would be wrong somehow!

You asked for it.

Doesn't look Rule34 enough... perhaps 4chan?

Actually...

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.036b13e3a5879536b5de743161ffcf26.png

And yes, that is her butt and natural fur. I've made the joke about her being buck-naked before, and I don't feel like repeating it.

...I'm still taking a walk after posting this. Despite the snow outside.

I'm still annoyed that my favorite female character in that game is also one of the less modest ones. The only reason It's doesn't bother me more is because she's transformed into a giant killer rabbit most of the time (yes, they have shapeshifting bunnies in Awakening. It is as ridiculous and as awesome as it sounds), not understanding some human conventions is a small running gag with her, reclassing gives her proper clothes, and she's an actual adult without the "actually 1000 years old" bullcrap.

icKWoVd.png

Raffin looks like he's nervously holding onto the sword and is hoping it doesn't fall into his face.

hG4jStX.pngrYndogb.png

A person in the same room commented that these pictures looked like cookies from a distance. I just thought I'd bring that up.

0zFk3fj.png Everyone in this continent's a serial rapist. I'm sure those "villagers who became bandits because their village was destroyed by other brigands" Raffin talked about back in chapter 2 do exist, but Shazam most certainly isn't one of them. And neither is this fucker.

Except for the thieves guild, which hasn't entered the story yet. And maybe never will, considering they'd probably high tail it out of the the moment a battle occurs.

Strong men rise up to combat weak times.

jYD43Ew.png

CoRySSF.pngnTg9lQ5.png

For once, Ruben sounds competent.

"Kaga also stole the name of a man named Samson, and the only change was he weilds axes instead of swords!"

"Yeah, when Samson wasn't the canon choice in Myestery of the Emblem!"

"...You two do realism that the name 'Samson' is Biblical and thus free domain, right?

b4HTEs4.pngF3WBois.png

...Did this game have any weapon balancing?

Also, Flurry with this tome just sounds like a real-life bullet hell game for the enemies.

dFz3FjH.png

Remind me again, why did I have Julia lead the charge?

I'm already betting my money that she'll be the first casualty of the run, and now you're just trying to push the odds in my favor.

CMu8cRZ.pngyupaSAJ.png4qZEKoK.png

Let's check out Holmes's animations. They're pretty rad.

They are good, but what's with Holmes having the cloth in front of his pants?

Juliattisnacordst retreats while Holmes shoots a guy. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really confused with these first turns. What even was going here? Stupid me, forgetting to take map shots... I can't make heads or tails of any of this! And Imgur isn't even to blame this time around! I think the problem is that, since every enemy looks alike and the backgrounds are all the same, all the action is virtually indistinguishable, leaving me to wonder if I the screencaps are where they're supposed to be. So bothersome...

I can see why cave levels are so rare in Fire Emblem even if I did want one in Awakening, but that's for lore reasons and the potential for a unique spin on them.

PDJ4457.png

The effect looks like an atom. Anyone else think that?

I don't know why enemy Myrmidons held their swords over their heads while the playable ones turn into helicopters when they attack. Seems like a waste of an animation to me, but hey, don't judge Kaga.

So the enemy Myrmidons finally hold Katanas properly... and ours use the plausible, if impractical, reverse grip.

xhCcesL.png

A tank... dodged...

Dodge... tank...

...Barring examples in real life, did Kaga just make a literal dodgetank before the term was coined?

pRMT3MW.png

Yes, ladies and gentlemen. First level he ever gets, and it's MOVEMENT. On a 5% growth.

So it's true! The movement growth actually exists, and it is possible to obtain it!

Lionel is off to an excellent start!

TzaxtZp.png

Since we finally have a chance, let's check out Holmes's bowgun animations. Look at that, it's so overly dramatic! Why's he doing that pose?

EnhlMou.pngL0jeT2V.png

There we go. I think we're in the clear.

Did he just twirl a crossbow? Because gun twirling breaks every single gun safety rule in the book.

HwdP9fu.pngNPPMzjN.png

Oh, man, first melee fight and he crits? Lionel, you're too good to me... ah-HAH!

Why is Lionel holding the pointy part of the spear backwards when dashing towards the enemy?!

Granted, you can pierce through someone with the blunt end of a spear, but still.

CcpRl7S.pngQvtKwCw.png

He stabs them so fast, the spear disappears from his hands.

On a serious note, that's a pretty awesome critical animation for a lance.

twIWbpd.png86ZDgsS.pngvmXb64c.png

Shigen, on the other hand, treats us to this delightful adept crit. Damn! What a pretty light show!

Looks a little confusing, but this is probably one of those "looks better in motion" kind of things.

Hey, you did it! You killed someone by yourself! You did it! You did it! You did it!

That's one way to rub salt into a wound.

I wholeheartedly approve.

dzc1stb.png

xQunKTk.png That's a nice, uh... boob window you got there? I can't say I understand what the purpose of that hole is supposed to be, but I'm pretty sure you're legal, so...

There's a window there?

...I can't tell if that's the same color of her cape or if that's her skin color, and I won't zoom in to check.

0zFk3fj.png ...what am I doing with my life?

Entertaining an audience by playing a videogame badly.

xQunKTk.png Either she's a terminal dumbass, or she just wanted to let Samson do the dirty work while she took a nap. Given a particular scene that we'll witness next time, I'm leaning more towards the latter option.

Guess she didn't want to waste any of those 62 uses on cannon fodder.

Guess she also didn't realize she needed the experience.

EzCAFxS.pngI mean, even if you're a Sage, if you go off to fight the Witch Dragon and don't come back, people are gonna start assuming the worst...

There's a Witch Dragon? Magic using dragons exit in this game?

...I can't tell if that is awesome or terrifying. Although then again, a few of Duma's attacks in gaiden/echoes are magical, so...Kaga did it again?

dTEFV0A.pngAh, no... I-It's not that Alfred! But people make that mistake a lot...

xQunKTk.pngSuuuuuuuuuuuuuureeeeeeeeeee...

He'll be the true Gotoh of the game, won't he?

You know, half of this wouldn't even be happening if I wasn't so cautious that I want to avoid even the tiniest bit of crit chance. But after FE6, I refuse to leave even the most trivial of situations up to the dice.

I would say to just go for it and kill the dastard, but I tend to ignore crit in Fire Emblem, so...

Although I can see where you're coming from. Libra died to a 50% hit and low crit percentage in my first ironman. And I was numb the rest of the game when that happened.

Took him long enough!

Ya got that right!

That's... one way of adding objective to the game.