Chaos reigns when I take the reins! - Let's play Tear Ring saga, Ironman mode, while being terrible at Fire Emblem!

Saint Rubenio

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I dare you to do Lee puns with every single sentence containing "lee" for a whole update. I fuckin' dare ya. Will you accept my chaleenge?

I probably can't make a pun for eveLee line in the update, but I will try extremeLee hard.

13 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

0zFk3fj.png You know, I fail to see why choosing here is necessary. Why does it have to be Verje or Barge? They're not mutually exclusive, you know!

FunniLee. MutuaLee.

The only remotely interesting thing is that these two guys are carrying free gold.

RemoteLee.

UF8aBXu.pngTcIXIsI.png

Oh, and one of the others gave me a free wooden bow. Pfeh. I mean, look at the stats on that thing. Useless, that's what it is.

Speaking of useless, guess who got the first level of the day!

FLee wooden bow. UseLeess. Leevel (pretty sure we already did that one, but just to be sure.)

Damn, that's good! Arkis, please. You've got fans, you know. I can't understand the hows or whys of it, but the truth of the matter is that you do, so try not to disappoint them, will you?

PLeease.

jby5KNT.png

Kreiss, meanwhile, also has fans. Yours truly, in particular, which is a good position to be in, isn't it? Damn, that defense might be a little lacking, but look at those other stats!

Yours truLee. A Leetle lacking.

4YWKab5.png

With the cash, I got Tom a second bowgun, I properly armed Esther to account for her mastery growth, and gave Lionel some more affordable weapons. We're all set, I believe.

ProperLee. BeLeeve.

I'm sure those "villagers who became bandits because their village was destroyed by other brigands" Raffin talked about back in chapter 2 do exist, but Shazam most certainly isn't one of them. And neither is this fucker.

ViLeege.

e1JhbtO.png

Pretty sure that counts as a Jojo reference, but i'll just Leeve it be.

Aside from stealing his name from Man You Should Not Be Choosing Because Arran Is The Better Alternative And It's Canon That He Was Not Picked By Marth And Went To Gra And Hooked Up With Sheena (MYSNBCBAITBAAICTHPBMAWTGAHUWS for short), Samson is without a doubt the best dedicated axe user in the game.

SteaLeeng.

Statistically, she's not looking so hot, being underlevelled and with terrible defenses, but she's better than Meriel and she's got the advantage of being in the route where one can grind.

StatisticaLee.

By the way, have I mentioned that she learns Flurry at level 16? Just take a moment to imagine the amount of Dire Thunders she could shoot in one round of flurry combat. Mother of God... really good tome, I love it and its wielder. I'll probably try to use her.

reinsmile.jpg.46d921c8fb392d52287f651c5a833f1a.jpg

The Reinhardt Smiles. CrepiLee.

Remind me again, why did I have Julia lead the charge?

Leead.

Finally, damnit! I forgot to take a screenshot of the map, but I'm pretty sure I had to wait a turn out there.

FinaLee.

It is worth a shot.

9. It's the first one in a good while, actuaLee.

Juliattisnacordst falls just barely short of one-rounding some these idiots. How annoying...

BareLee.

I think the problem is that, since every enemy looks alike and the backgrounds are all the same, all the action is virtually indistinguishable, leaving me to wonder if I the screencaps are where they're supposed to be.

VirtuaLee. LeendLeestLeengLeeshabLee. Bruce Lee.

Shigen takes some damage, but it's not a problem.

ProbLeem.

He's stronger than half the army, as a Myrmidon!

MyrmLeedon.

zDiVDRJ.png9IfHi8I.png

It is also the time for Lionel to fight for the first time!

Yeah! Go Leeonel!

Sigh... where's your great speed growth, mate? Is it on vacation?

Yes, we traveled to ELeebe.

Bah, come on now! Seriously?

SeriousLee.

..I... excuse me, I blinked there... could you show that again, please?

BLeenked.

I am speechless.

SpeechLeess, even.

Still, he does have 5 defense, so I won't have him frontline just yet.

FrontLeene.

Look at that, it's so overly dramatic! Why's he doing that pose?

OverLee.

I think we're in the clear.

CLeear.

Almost out of that dinky little crevice, at last!

Leetle.

Oh, man, first melee fight and he crits?

MeLee.

Brawl. Wii U. Ultimate.

Sorry, but these stupid jokes are the only thing keeping me sane while writing this madness.

Blech...

BLeech...

Ah, so they're sending a welcoming committee, huh? They're going down!

ComitLee.

Barnacles, blistering bollocks!

BarnacLees, bLeestering boLeecks!

It's another level for the Lion-el!

Eyy, good one. Not as perfectLee crafted as mine, but still.

At this point i'm just sick of having to quote and scroll back to where I was reading, but here are all the rest of the puns I could come up with:

ALeecia.
Leegal.
KnowLeedge.
OnLee.
Ever-so-slightLee.
These ThLee images.
Neat Leet.

16 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

vDxtkpU.png

Poor Tom. Still doesn't know he's stuck in it forever, does he?

15 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

YT9zWcK.png

Samson: HP 95% - Strength 35% - Skill 35% - Speed 40% - Defense 25% - Magic 5% - Luck 15% - Mastery 35%

Samson's hilarious. Aside from stealing his name from Man You Should Not Be Choosing Because Arran Is The Better Alternative And It's Canon That He Was Not Picked By Marth And Went To Gra And Hooked Up With Sheena (MYSNBCBAITBAAICTHPBMAWTGAHUWS for short), Samson is without a doubt the best dedicated axe user in the game. Aside from amazing bases, he's got great growths for this game, Frontiersman, which is probably the best of the terrain skills, learns Vantage, which is handy... his supports are bad, as he only has a "support" with a NPC (according to FEWOD), and he doesn't learn Flurry or anything like that, but he's still godly because of his raw stats. Great unit, best axeman, definitely won't be using because I have Juliattisnacordst and Garo.

I like that Kaga kept the trend from Thracia of having fighters actually being good going in this game.

I could use this as an opportunity to rant about the GBA games' treatment of them, but I won't. At least they gave us Lot.

16 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

pRMT3MW.pngpRMT3MW.pngpRMT3MW.pngpRMT3MW.pngpRMT3MW.pngpRMT3MW.pngpRMT3MW.pngpRMT3MW.pngpRMT3MW.png

This is why I love movement growths. You never expect them to happen, so it's always a wonderful time when they do.

Still would have been cool to see an Est-esque who specializes in movement growth in a mainline FE, but maybe there will be someone like that in this game?

15 hours ago, Dayni said:

Wait, there's no chance Olwen migrated and Alicia's her descendant?

Alicia's tome being called Dire Thunder is a connection the translation made, in Japanese it's called ブレンサンダ as opposed to Dire Thunder's ダイムサンダー

I get why Aethin did that since it makes the weapon immediately recognizable as a Brave Thunder tome to anyone who's played Heroes but there's no link to Olwen here, no.

23 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The trick here is simple. Subtlety. You do an edit of a store with a shelf full of the Tellius games, and a shelf labelled "rule 34 fanart of Pretzel and (Binding Blade) Morgan" with a "sold out" sign on it. That way, you show it and don't show it at the same time. Bonus points if the Tellius games are on clearance

Eeehhh too hard; didn't draw.

Here you go. A very lazy (I mean the writing isn't even lined up correctly) job of what this may look like. Might do one with actual production values if I ever have photo editting software more powerful than preview again.

Huh... curious theory you've got going on there.

I'm just picturing old headless rider and his carriage made of bones being forced to stop his little journey around the countryside every time the sword's wielder gets it, and having to make the call of who dies instead, then shouting it through the no-longer grinning mouth of the yellowed head he carries under his arm. He merely wants to resume his sightseeing and this is all just a waste of time to him.

Samson's hilarious. Aside from stealing his name from Man You Should Not Be Choosing Because Arran Is The Better Alternative And It's Canon That He Was Not Picked By Marth And Went To Gra And Hooked Up With Sheena (MYSNBCBAITBAAICTHPBMAWTGAHUWS for short), Samson is without a doubt the best dedicated axe user in the game. Aside from amazing bases, he's got great growths for this game, Frontiersman, which is probably the best of the terrain skills, learns Vantage, which is handy... his supports are bad, as he only has a "support" with a NPC (according to FEWOD), and he doesn't learn Flurry or anything like that, but he's still godly because of his raw stats. Great unit, best axeman, definitely won't be using because I have Juliattisnacordst and Garo.

Good to see a Samson who lives up to his name. The other guy was a bit of a disappointment.

W7sjHxu.png

Oof!

hzmMJsA.pngPDJ4457.png

And he's back. Expect to see this a few more times throughout the LP.

Meanwhile in Ireland someone is condemned to death

On 1/20/2019 at 10:12 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

CKV0oQy.pngxhCcesL.png

As is this!

Now that's what I call a dodgetank.

16 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

There's a window there?

...I can't tell if that's the same color of her cape or if that's her skin color, and I won't zoom in to check.

I was sure it was cape myself.

Why don't you wait until you see his face to come up with a name? Kinda hard to think up a name for a bunch of brown robes.

Also, hey, that comparison isn't really all that fair. Humphrey was a joke, physically. Fun fact: he was supposed to be my sprite when I first conceived him, but he ended up looking like a serial killer, so I instead made the other version. Then I decided to use him as the villain because he looked like a serial killer. And then I came full circle and came up with the brilliant idea for his true identity.

Ironic given reading the LP initially to catch up, my first guess was that it was you badly disguised to get back into the army after being chased. Hence the similar cloak. It was pretty quickly debunked. But it was a thought.

They are good, but what's with Holmes having the cloth in front of his pants?

Used to be, once, that pants were two separate legs (hence the name sounding like it's a plural) and not joined at the crotch. Usually something, like in the case of Holmes, or Native Americans, a kind of loincloth was worn in that region for obvious reasons. Mind, that's the explanation I'm going with here on the grounds it bears some historical merit. Mind you, the innovation of joining pants at the crotch changed everything and now pants have a name that makes distinguishing between single pairs and multiple pairs a little more tedious than it had to be.

There's a Witch Dragon? Magic using dragons exit in this game?

Well, Mage Dragons were a thing in FE1, 3, 11 and 12. They dealt magic damage instead of physical but were basically just a dragon/manakete for intents and purposes otherwise. Though I have read that in the original FE1, they went so far as to give them complete immunity to magic. Not sure how true it is, because I tend to stick to the remake there. I assume the Witch Dragon works along similar lines. Either that or IS cloned the concept for Idounn off the Witch Dragon. I don't know. Guess we'll find out.

Forgive the double post, but I realized that I forgot something. The badlee done edit.
vTsDrkb.png

Finalee on Arkis pick up lines, seeing as I may Leeve the Lee puns to the GloriousLee large Leeviathan of a post our ColLeeague Franp3 made EarLee-er,which left my eyes wide as a Leemur as I jealousLee stared at it, trembling like a Leef knowing inevitabLee I will have try and compLeete a post Leeding to my rightfulLee deserved place Leeding the greatest FLeet of puns ever to Leep forth from the depths of the Leetres deep pun-dam that I have been allowing to Leek at a LeesureLee pace thus far, knowing there are infiniteLee more puns I can call forth if I Leen on Leenguistic skills I Leeched off StanLee Martin Leeber, better known by his ALeeas and latter day Leegal name of Stan Lee so as to make an unforgetabLee grand finaLee when it eventualLee comes time for my Leegue of puns to be fully unLeeshed as all futiLee fLee before them.

Oh right I was meant to write some more Arkis pick-ups. Well since ParapLeegia has been done doubLee, don't expect more of that.
"When do I get to meet your parents" ~Arkis, to an orphan he was dating
"My place or yours" ~ Arkis, to a homeless woman
"How are you even single" ~ Arkis, to a widow
"Would you care to dance?" ~Arkis, to Plum

After seeing the plethora of Lee puns that have been made on this playthrough, I am now convinced that by the end of it, we need to create at least one song rivaling "the Lees of Virginia".

On 1/21/2019 at 7:59 AM, Mad-manakete said:

Maybe. As I said, I don't want to look.

I'm reminded of Links pants in Skyward Sword, for some reason, where they seemed to be the same color as his skin, and I occasionally forgot he was wearing them. Thankfully, skydiving is a thing in the game, so the player is constantly reminded that yes, those are pants.

Used to be, once, that pants were two separate legs (hence the name sounding like it's a plural) and not joined at the crotch. Usually something, like in the case of Holmes, or Native Americans, a kind of loincloth was worn in that region for obvious reasons. Mind, that's the explanation I'm going with here on the grounds it bears some historical merit. Mind you, the innovation of joining pants at the crotch changed everything and now pants have a name that makes distinguishing between single pairs and multiple pairs a little more tedious than it had to be.

Interesting. I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing.

Although now it raises the unfortunate questions of if pants exist in this universe yet and if most of the cast are.. er... um...

Spoiler

Image result for ratchet and clank going commando

Well, Mage Dragons were a thing in FE1, 3, 11 and 12. They dealt magic damage instead of physical but were basically just a dragon/manakete for intents and purposes otherwise. Though I have read that in the original FE1, they went so far as to give them complete immunity to magic. Not sure how true it is, because I tend to stick to the remake there. I assume the Witch Dragon works along similar lines. Either that or IS cloned the concept for Idounn off the Witch Dragon. I don't know. Guess we'll find out.

Huh, I see. And all three Manaketes in Awakening can reclass into mages, and Duma also had some magic attacks. Seems that there is some gameplay and story integration with Manaketes having magical power after all, even if it's really only present in Archanea.

Part 23 - In which Maruj is miserable.

Since every single person in the thread seemed to disagree with me that Alicia has a boob window, I will refer to her artworks (yes, she has two official artworks), because I fail to see why you guys are having such difficulties to see it.

CRihMS9.png

Look at that! If that's not obvious, then I don't know what is! Almost as obvious as the fact that she's wearing no pants, yet another thing Kaga ripped off of his earlier works.

With that out of the way, let's move on before I come off as an obsessive fuck.

Ah, what am I saying, I already came off as an obsessive fuck when I made the 32586942367th reference to Horsemen raiding my villages. Still not over it. Maybe in four or five LPs.

Replies:

Spoiler
On 20/1/2019 at 2:58 PM, Dayni said:

He doesn't seem like a Henry imo.

You don't even know what he looks like. Heck, "he" could be a she for all you know!

I'm not going to argue, I've been making progress with PoR again.

Good luck with those levels. Although, you should be the one wishing me luck. It's me who's publicly playing!

What's there to apologise for? The interviews have happened.

Good luck with that, then.

Until he can't climb over the hills.

Or walk twice as slow as Roy in the desert.

Yes, I know those aren't the most relevant, but still.

Roy can't do any of those, either! Hah! Outclassed! Dougy's the choice of the pros!

I don't know, maybe I was just assuming something.

Do not assume things baselessly!

But I said Claude because he has bows.

Frankly, all I want is for it not to be three games. Give me the whole thing in one package, and provided it is good, you can be sure I'll replay it with all three of 'em. They all look cool enough. Edelgard has the same nonsensical boob window as Alicia (except without the golden thingy to make it less obvious), Dimitri looks like he just stepped out of the shower and I don't know why, but I don't feel like Claude belongs in the Middle Ages of Anime (and no, it's not the skin color, don't be silly now), but complaints aside, they look interesting enough.

I mean, I could use an edgy codename.

But you're not wrong in failing to get a grasp on an identity based on robes and silence.

Just be patient, damnit. Patience is a virtue. A virtue, I tell you!

That Maerchen didn't know Yazam died and that Yazam had an Azoth without us knowing.

But... but Dagon's Azoth was in his inventory! Why show it there but not with Yazam? Did the artist who drew Azoth's icon demand payment for every time the item appeared in the game, so they just cut some corners?

Progress?

Ergh, more or less...

But for resurrecting Kreiss? Really? :P

Or maybe I'll just do it and let the events unfold as normal. Really, between Lee, Mel and Miss Warp we'll get in a while, I have more than enough healers to go around. I can afford to lose one.

I mean, he's not wrong. Cleaning blood from a stone is difficult.

Why would he want to clean up the cave? I'd thought he was more worried about the bath he'd have to take after the brawl.

I see they're not bringing their insult A-game to the skippable map.

Or maybe I'm too bad to write proper sassy banter.

Samson's all kinds of good, so of course he's out.

Of course he's out.

Alicia is also good, so why's she in?

Because she isn't "all kinds of out" and I really like her and she wears green. Green always makes things better.

Wait, there's no chance Olwen migrated and Alicia's her descendant?

I didn't get this at first, but then...

On 21/1/2019 at 6:14 AM, Ruminant said:

Alicia's tome being called Dire Thunder is a connection the translation made, in Japanese it's called ブレンサンダ as opposed to Dire Thunder's ダイムサンダー

I get why Aethin did that since it makes the weapon immediately recognizable as a Brave Thunder tome to anyone who's played Heroes but there's no link to Olwen here, no.

Guess that's the explanation! Don't look at me, though, I had no idea Olwen had that in Heroes. I can tell you than in earlier versions of the translation, it was called Bren Thunder, though. I like Dire Thunder better, to be frank, even if it's not a TRS original.

Yeah, Shigen's supposed to be solid.

Dullahan's done with this: 1

I really need to implement this counter into the official updates.

How does a tank dodge a hand axe?

By reaching out and waving at it, causing a slight air current that deviates it from its flight path.

It appears I chose wisely.

That you did. I thank you for it, too.

They don't refer to Thomas as a tank engine for nothing.

Taking crits to the face and surviving, dodging things while inside a tank... Thomas has seen everything. But it isn't time for him to leave yet!

I see Lionel's learned his criticals from someone in particular.

Please, he doesn't scream like a dumbass.

How can he? He's got a double axe.

Yeah, I didn't say anything about it, but... what was up with that frame?

That or he's got the Sacred Heart.

Either way it's probably a lie.

What even is that?

I see Juliattisnacordst is bulking up a bit.

That he is, but he's no Lot still.

Well that's kind of terrifying.

A little bit, yes, but we've got Tom.

Yazam meanwhile looks like he's about to give a soliloquy before slicing up somebody.

He's had like 4 lines, so I can't imagine him being that good of a speaker.

Well, that's pretty good in fairness.

Eeeyup.

Well, I guess this doesn't apply.

All I can say is, it's more understandable than this.

Not as impressive, but hey he got a move level, so this doesn't seem so bad.

And strength! Defense would've been nice, but I'll live.

Really?

I mean, that would be like Holmes to raid the dead but still.

Very much like him, indeed.

On 20/1/2019 at 3:03 PM, Dayni said:

I appear to have used the wrong video and now I can't edit the comment. Here's more appropriate.

I prefered the old one, to be honest. It allowed me to reference my new favourite video ever.

Yes, I only just found out about a video that's over 10 years old. Youtube recommendations did their job, for once.

On 20/1/2019 at 3:25 PM, BrightBow said:

Screw that corridor. I usually just have Katri clear it out. May be cheap, but that's a price I'm willing to pay to preserve my sanity. Besides, she is still an adolescent, so she needs to eat well to become big and strong.

To be fair, I completely forgot about Katri in this chapter.

I wonder if anyone noticed that this Albert fellow has already appeared. Makes me wonder why people think he's dead, considering he didn't even feel the need to keep his name a secret.

Yes, nobody doubts that Albert has already been introduced, especially because the one Alicia and Samson were talking about was one Alfred. There's a bit of a difference.

Death Count: (Shigen: 1)

I must say, I like Dayni's version better.

On 20/1/2019 at 9:08 PM, Hawkwing said:

You missed a whole lot of other things, too. Although being fair, that video can be confusing without watching the previous ones.

I... no, I don't see, sorry.

Serenes Forest believes that "anachronic" is spelled incorrectly, for some reason.

Really? Serenes never tells me anything about spelling.

It means that the boring part of the job can be completed quickly, efficiently, and with less complaining.

That's good.

Or to show that they're savvy and know how to create makeshift grenades. Or that they're wise enough not to drink when zombies exist.

I stand by my point. You'd make a fine villain with your shenanigans. Me... I'd probably be something like Ben in Telltale's game, except I probably would tell everyone "hey, these bandits forced me to give them some of our stuff, we should probably do something about it" instead of doing the absolutely worst thing I could. And I would probably have enough brains to realize that standing on a rickety-old railing isn't going to do me much good. And that I could just run past slow-ass zombies.

Come to think about it, I wouldn't be that much like Ben at all.

It falls into the "not common, but still happens more than a handful of times" category. It's mostly due to the camera angle occasionally being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I see... still pretty shitty.

You're welcome!

It's pretty good. As I said, I found it hard to tell if it was the game talking or you.

Thanks for the kind words!

Being skinned is another irrational fear of mine, and something I wouldn't wish upon my worse enemies.

Considering, however, that this is the realm of fiction...

Dang... poor fatass. But he had the insults coming to him. And so much more!

Wise and alien, it makes Yoda appear. Succeed, in that area, they did.

Dumb still is, this way to talk. Pretentious and without substance, it is. Much wiser, I appear. , me! Barnacles, blistering!

Apology accepted.

Phew...

Now it sounds even more broken. Lee is going to have a field day when he gets his hands on it.

Ohohohohohoh... and keep in mind we'll have two of them if everything goes well!

The joke becomes even better if you know about the character in question.

I would imagine.

Lose it in the "I laughed a lot" or the "I screamed my head off" way?

A bit of both. Mostly the former, though.

I blame that on Katri's stupidity and being sleepy when I wrote that. I admittedly should have reread what you said.

Ah, don't worry.

I would have fixed the spelling and punctuation errors in the post, if SF actually allowed me to edit posts where I quote you.

Hey, The Roget The Paladin sounds rad. If we continue adding errors to his name, by the end of this, he might just have as much of a dumb name as Juliattisnacordst.

Seriously, why is that the only thing the website is consistent in preventing?

I wish I knew, myself.

You asked for it.

I didn't ask for this!

Actually...

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.036b13e3a5879536b5de743161ffcf26.png

And yes, that is her butt and natural fur. I've made the joke about her being buck-naked before, and I don't feel like repeating it.

...I'm still taking a walk after posting this. Despite the snow outside.

I'm still annoyed that my favorite female character in that game is also one of the less modest ones. The only reason It's doesn't bother me more is because she's transformed into a giant killer rabbit most of the time (yes, they have shapeshifting bunnies in Awakening. It is as ridiculous and as awesome as it sounds), not understanding some human conventions is a small running gag with her, reclassing gives her proper clothes, and she's an actual adult without the "actually 1000 years old" bullcrap.

That's from Awakening? And... shape-shifting bunnies?! What? I didn't know that, but I wish I had never found out!

Raffin looks like he's nervously holding onto the sword and is hoping it doesn't fall into his face.

Hahahahah, you're right, actually!

A person in the same room commented that these pictures looked like cookies from a distance.

Mmmhh... tasty, tasty Lieberia.

I just thought I'd bring that up. Except for the thieves guild, which hasn't entered the story yet. And maybe never will, considering they'd probably high tail it out of the the moment a battle occurs.

Maybe they'll be introduced alongside General Lawrence.

Strong men rise up to combat weak times.

Ah, right.

For once, Ruben sounds competent.

I'm proud of him... me...?

"Kaga also stole the name of a man named Samson, and the only change was he weilds axes instead of swords!"

"Yeah, when Samson wasn't the canon choice in Myestery of the Emblem!"

"...You two do realism that the name 'Samson' is Biblical and thus free domain, right?

I don't do realism. More of a postmodernism guy, myself.

...Did this game have any weapon balancing?

Noooope is the answer.

Also, Flurry with this tome just sounds like a real-life bullet hell game for the enemies.

I can't wait to see it. Don't die, Alicia, I'm begging you.

I'm already betting my money that she'll be the first casualty of the run, and now you're just trying to push the odds in my favor.

Why, you...! Stop it! Why can't you guys ever bet money on who lives?

They are good, but what's with Holmes having the cloth in front of his pants?

I can see why cave levels are so rare in Fire Emblem even if I did want one in Awakening, but that's for lore reasons and the potential for a unique spin on them.

Do elaborate.

The effect looks like an atom. Anyone else think that?

Eh... sort of. Doesn't look like it when it's moving, though.

So the enemy Myrmidons finally hold Katanas properly... and ours use the plausible, if impractical, reverse grip.

Interesting.

A tank... dodged...

Dodge... tank...

...Barring examples in real life, did Kaga just make a literal dodgetank before the term was coined?

KDIF!

So it's true! The movement growth actually exists, and it is possible to obtain it!

Lionel is off to an excellent start!

You can say that again!

Did he just twirl a crossbow? Because gun twirling breaks every single gun safety rule in the book.

Raquel does it too, actually. They just don't care, they know what they're doing.

Why is Lionel holding the pointy part of the spear backwards when dashing towards the enemy?!

Granted, you can pierce through someone with the blunt end of a spear, but still.

He's just running, not charging, that's why.

He stabs them so fast, the spear disappears from his hands.

On a serious note, that's a pretty awesome critical animation for a lance.

It is, and it's all the better when it's moving.

Looks a little confusing, but this is probably one of those "looks better in motion" kind of things.

Without a doubt.

That's one way to rub salt into a wound.

I wholeheartedly approve.

Heheheheh... I'm glad we have reached an agreement.

There's a window there?

...I can't tell if that's the same color of her cape or if that's her skin color, and I won't zoom in to check.

See above.

Entertaining an audience by playing a videogame badly.

Hey, I'm not doing so badly this time around!

Guess she didn't want to waste any of those 62 uses on cannon fodder.

Guess she also didn't realize she needed the experience.

With the Dire Thunder, she'd barely get any. Besides, like I said, today we'll get a pair of scenes that perfectly encapsulate the sort of woman she is.

There's a Witch Dragon? Magic using dragons exit in this game?

...I can't tell if that is awesome or terrifying. Although then again, a few of Duma's attacks in gaiden/echoes are magical, so...Kaga did it again?

Both times, KDIF, yeah!

He'll be the true Gotoh of the game, won't he?

Ah, perhaps...

I would say to just go for it and kill the dastard, but I tend to ignore crit in Fire Emblem, so...

You foolish person. Did you learn nothing from watching me struggle through FE6?

Although I can see where you're coming from. Libra died to a 50% hit and low crit percentage in my first ironman. And I was numb the rest of the game when that happened.

Who cares about Libra!? I lost over 30 people! OVER-30-PEOPLE!!

Ya got that right!

Indeed!

That's... one way of adding objective to the game.

A good one, I'd say.

On 20/1/2019 at 10:09 PM, BrightBow said:

Honestly, making collecting loot a mission objective is quite convenient. That way you don't have to worry about the map ending before you can get to all the chests.

I like it also, for this very reason.

On 20/1/2019 at 11:56 PM, eclipse said:

How about a separate "Dullahan revival count" counter? :P:

I already am thinking of doing it.

On 21/1/2019 at 4:00 AM, Franp3 said:

I probably can't make a pun for eveLee line in the update, but I will try extremeLee hard.

Hoo, boy, here we go...

FunniLee. MutuaLee.

RemoteLee.

FLee wooden bow. UseLeess. Leevel (pretty sure we already did that one, but just to be sure.)

Dang!

PLeease.

Yours truLee. A Leetle lacking.

ProperLee. BeLeeve.

ViLeege.

What have I done, he really is trying, abort, abort!

Pretty sure that counts as a Jojo reference, but i'll just Leeve it be.

...son of a-- where in the world is the reference? I don't even watch Jojo, nor do I like the memes all that much! How did I do a reference without knowing I'm referencing something?

SteaLeeng.

StatisticaLee.

reinsmile.jpg.46d921c8fb392d52287f651c5a833f1a.jpg

The Reinhardt Smiles. CrepiLee.

My favourite part is how half of these don't even work, because they completely change the pronounciation of the words. Much like my own. The perks of not being native english speakers, I suppose: easier to cut corners when punning.

Leead.

FinaLee.

9. It's the first one in a good while, actuaLee.

BareLee.

VirtuaLee. LeendLeestLeengLeeshabLee. Bruce Lee.

Come again?

LeendLeestLeengLeeshabLee.

My hat is off to you. That was magnificent. Magnificentlee terrible!

ProbLeem.

MyrmLeedon.

Yeah! Go Leeonel!

Apparently now he's a gay archer.

Yes, we traveled to ELeebe.

SeriousLee.

BLeenked.

SpeechLeess, even.

FrontLeene.

Goodness gracious...

OverLee.

CLeear.

Leetle.

MeLee.

Brawl. Wii U. Ultimate.

Sorry, but these stupid jokes are the only thing keeping me sane while writing this madness.

No, no, keep going. I dared you, and you were foolish enough to accept the challenge.

BLeech...

What you wish you could be drinking right now.

ComitLee.

BarnacLees, bLeestering boLeecks!

I need to remember to use bolicks as a curse from here on.

Eyy, good one. Not as perfectLee crafted as mine, but still.

You suck, I hate to break it to you, but yeah.

At this point i'm just sick of having to quote and scroll back to where I was reading, but here are all the rest of the puns I could come up with:

Lazy. Here, I can be lazy too: leezy. Doesn't make any sense, you say? Well, nobody cares.

ALeecia.
Leegal.
KnowLeedge.
OnLee.
Ever-so-slightLee.
These ThLee images.

Where did this even come from?
Neat Leet.

It's over? Good. Moving right on.

On 21/1/2019 at 6:14 AM, Ruminant said:

Poor Tom. Still doesn't know he's stuck in it forever, does he?

Probably not.

I like that Kaga kept the trend from Thracia of having fighters actually being good going in this game.

I could use this as an opportunity to rant about the GBA games' treatment of them, but I won't. At least they gave us Lot.

Hey, I've no complaints. Garcia had solid bases, Lot is a great character and saved my LP and Wade's also a cool character even if he's lacking when it comes to stats, Bartre and Geitz are good prepromotes... Really, FE7's the one that completely screwed over Fighters (other than Geitz, and you could argue him being easy to miss is also a dickmove against Fighters), and since everyone knows FE7 is the only good GBA game, it's the only one that matters.

This is why I love movement growths. You never expect them to happen, so it's always a wonderful time when they do.

No shit, that was absolutely amazing. I even made a save state right after the level. Not that I wanted to cheat if anything went wrong, I really didn't, but I suddenly grew highly paranoid of power outages. Imagine losing that to a blackout. I would've died.

Still would have been cool to see an Est-esque who specializes in movement growth in a mainline FE, but maybe there will be someone like that in this game?

Mayhap your wish will be granted, and sooner than you think, too...

On 21/1/2019 at 1:59 PM, Mad-manakete said:

Here you go. A very lazy (I mean the writing isn't even lined up correctly) job of what this may look like. Might do one with actual production values if I ever have photo editting software more powerful than preview again.

Sure.

I'm just picturing old headless rider and his carriage made of bones being forced to stop his little journey around the countryside every time the sword's wielder gets it, and having to make the call of who dies instead, then shouting it through the no-longer grinning mouth of the yellowed head he carries under his arm. He merely wants to resume his sightseeing and this is all just a waste of time to him.

Shigen's a dick, is what you're telling me?

Good to see a Samson who lives up to his name. The other guy was a bit of a disappointment.

Hey, he was a cool character, even if he was lacking as a unit and wasn't nearly as good in any way as Arran.

Why Ireland, though?

Now that's what I call a dodgetank.

I like how, of all screencaps, everybody found this particular one amazingly amusing. I didn't, but oh well.

See above.

Ironic given reading the LP initially to catch up, my first guess was that it was you badly disguised to get back into the army after being chased. Hence the similar cloak. It was pretty quickly debunked. But it was a thought.

Then that thought was de-debunked! Sort of!

You never go to bed without learning something new.

Patience, everybody. Everything in its due time.

1 hour ago, Hawkwing said:

After seeing the plethora of Lee puns that have been made on this playthrough, I am now convinced that by the end of it, we need to create at least one song rivaling "the Lees of Virginia".

Or a full album.

Maybe. As I said, I don't want to look.

I'm reminded of Links pants in Skyward Sword, for some reason, where they seemed to be the same color as his skin, and I occasionally forgot he was wearing them. Thankfully, skydiving is a thing in the game, so the player is constantly reminded that yes, those are pants.

Sounds rather awkward.

Interesting. I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing.

Although now it raises the unfortunate questions of if pants exist in this universe yet and if most of the cast are.. er... um...

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for ratchet and clank going commando

Pretty sure Runan wears pants.

Fun fact: in the old translation, Bronze Paladins were called Commando Knights. So, does that mean Arkis can promote to having no pants?

Huh, I see. And all three Manaketes in Awakening can reclass into mages, and Duma also had some magic attacks. Seems that there is some gameplay and story integration with Manaketes having magical power after all, even if it's really only present in Archanea.

Nice bit of lore going on here.

Updates:

Spoiler

PMytCbI.png

It took us a thousand turns to beat Yazam, you nitwitted ninepin.

prSiLUK.pngAre you all right, Holmes? You're not hurt, are you?

FF3NqbQ.png...You're serious, aren't you? Yes, Katri, I'm fine.

prSiLUK.pngGood. Don't push yourself too hard, okay?

FF3NqbQ.pngGeez, quit your worrying, will you? Nothing's gonna happen to me.

0zFk3fj.png Don't be so smug, I'm the one controlling you. The sky's the limit, knowing me.

prSiLUK.pngIf you say so...

9h5HUeB.png

FF3NqbQ.pngEr, who the hell are you?

EzCAFxS.pngI'm Samson, a mercenary. You might not have heard of me, but I'm a pretty well-known guy in Erial.

FF3NqbQ.pngWhatever you say. Just stay out of the way, and don't come crying to me if one of these idiot pirates chops your arm off or something.

0zFk3fj.png Still a bottomless pit of kindness, I see.

uqiSsAV.png

dTEFV0A.png...What do you want?

FF3NqbQ.pngWell, a "thanks" would be nice. We did come rescue you (sic).

dTEFV0A.pngNo, you were attacking my captors, who just happened to have a prisoner. I wouldn't call that a "rescue". But as much as it pains me to be indebted to pirates, I thank you.

FF3NqbQ.pngDon't lump us together with scum like those other guys!

xQunKTk.png Maybe if you tried being less of an asshole for once, people wouldn't lump you together with them. Have you thought of that?

FF3NqbQ.pngWe are privateers and treasure hunters traveling the world in search of history! C'mon, name any Lieberian myth you want, and I guarantee I've at least heard of it.

dTEFV0A.pngI'll pass, thanks. But since you're so itinerant, would you mind taking me to Salia? I've got business at the Salian cathedral, but as far as Fort Ligria should be fine.

FF3NqbQ.pngWhat do I look like, a charter ship captain?!

dTEFV0A.pngIs that a no...?

xQunKTk.png I can just imagine her making a pout and a helpless face. Manipulative little... reminds me of Shiida.

FF3NqbQ.pngUgh... No, it's fine. We're actually headed to Salia, too, and I can't just abandon you here...

A45Wxtj.png

xQunKTk.png And just like Shiida's own evil schemes, her persuasion worked!

FF3NqbQ.pngI'm Holmes. Oh, and the annoying one here is Katri.

prSiLUK.pngD-Do you really think I'm annoying?

0zFk3fj.png No, you silly goose, of cooooourse he doesn't. Geez...

h8PjpmN.png

xQunKTk.png Hey, Maruj. It's been a while since I saw you interact with people without jumping at someone's throat. Let's hope things go smoothly in this instance.

dTEFV0A.pngAnd you are?

tswrvWm.pngI'm Maruj, Sage Eisenbach's grandson.

dTEFV0A.pngAh, so you're Lord Alfred's son...

tswrvWm.pngWhat...? How do you know who my father is? Just who are you?

dTEFV0A.pngOh, Lady Sylphis told me that.

xQunKTk.pngSuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

dTEFV0A.pngI'm just a priestess of a temple in Trente. I was only headed to the Temple of Mars because my minister asked me to. Nothing special, really.

hTMofYU.pngSuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

QMfPzc8.png

IfRBMws.png Su--WHAT?! What the fuckin' blistering barnacles, why in the world would you tell him that?! He's the man's grandson, you humongous bitch!

tswrvWm.pngYou... How dare you talk about my grandfather's death like it was nothing!

dTEFV0A.pngIf he's dead, he's dead. No sense sugarcoating it. I might only be a few years older than you, little Maruj, but you should still respect me as your senior.

uIHbsVY.png

IfRBMws.png If this was anybody else, I'd be amazed at how much of a sassy badass this woman is, but the fact that Maruj's her victim concerns me. The kid's lost virtually everything like a couple days ago, and that makes this scene more disturbing than funny. Not to mention, she's being way more forward than she has any need to be. What, you want to drive him to suicide? You don't even know him, what's your problem!?

tswrvWm.pngJust shut up!

dTEFV0A.pngWhat a rude little boy! If your father had raised you, I know he would have beaten some manners into you.

bHfj1TE.png

0zFk3fj.png You know, this scene is way more brutal than how I remembered it. I knew she made fun of Maruj for not being such a great mage and he got mad as a result, which is why I said I was "looking forward" to this scene... but the whole "let's make fun of a kid who's lost every single father figure he ever had!" part did not remain in my memory!

tswrvWm.pngWhat's he got to do with any of this?!

dTEFV0A.pngOh, did I strike a nerve? Why don't you just run along for now so you can cool your head, little boy.

tswrvWm.pngAughh! What the hell is wrong with you?!

JPPCwGO.png

dTEFV0A.pngHee hee... Look at him, all huffy and upset!

IfRBMws.pngYou made fun of his grandfather's death the other day and his father's absence his entire life! Bitch, you don't get to "hee hee" me after something like that!

2skx8Yj.pngr1TPOw8.png

That being said, Maruj, please give her your thunder tome.

tswrvWm.png...

dTEFV0A.pngC'mon, little Maruj. You know I'll use it better than you ever would. Be a good boy and hand the tome over.

tswrvWm.png...don't... blast her with the Sylphid... Mother would never approve...

dTEFV0A.pngWhat's that, little boy? Are you mad? Aww, I feel so sorry for you. Why don't you run to your mommy, then? The Temple of Mars isn't that far away from here!

tswrvWm.png...resist... resist...!

4eoW3ub.png

And with that, we begin to move towards the pirate guy's hideout!

uKNqkLB.png

MPQ0f6q.png

2D7QniX.png

SEbYYwg.png

TVK5usK.png

EzQbpna.png

Qw9X232.png

RljJiSl.png

pnDqbrd.png

v7DMLWQ.png

iIexmQ5.png

ku2tqov.png

Htg2PUH.pnglB8MZG5.png

X9Os80R.png

3c9R5kp.pngC5gd4iE.png

tHtKLcG.png

v8uwsyn.png

hvhu7k5.png

F2aWZJF.pngXHxcm5L.png

tA4Ximw.png

tHtKLcG.png

IOZLXJE.png

cfs64kZ.png

WNOE9C9.png

We've got a skirmish to get through before we can get to the bad guys.

MZ0ZEVx.pngOeXyNZq.png

It's lame and a no-brainer with no rewards beyond the experience, except for this fucker who scares me.

mca6kKI.png

This is the team. Like last time, I'll just skip right past the boring stuff.

SYODaNU.png0L6HBEU.png

So we got a steel axe. Not sure if it's from that enemy, I'm pretty sure I only took that screenshot to show that Alicia's sprite is the same as Meriel's, but green.

jz6EomJ.png

I had Lionel defeat the killer fucker (from far away, of course) and the blonde (who had a shamshir, something like a better steel sword with a crit chance), so he got a level. Not his best, but eh, I can live with it.

4iYRwlr.png

Oh, we got the shamshir, too! It's a very solid sword, so I approve.

oJj3zW5.pngcB1UUFy.png

Then Alicia's training begun and it was horrible. Sigh... you've really set out to make me hate you today, haven't you?

MlE4DF1.png

In any case, the enemy's spawned another wave of bland pirates, and I'd rather not have to fight them, so let's hurry.

pFqn4gL.png

Oh look, this is the famous Lot the tank comes from. Maybe they mass-produce tanks here, to live up to the place's namesake. Who didn't need a tank to tank, I might add.

zpVTDTv.png

Anyway, this person's place.

clJ4Eti.png

Youth? I'm pretty sure the pirate bossman isn't that young... also, Blaad?

lgiDEMT.png

We arrive, and...

Okay, just by looking at the map sprites, I'm pretty sure you can already tell who this "youth of Blaad" is. You get one guess.

uQxBPx4.png

If you guessed the green-haired Mercenary in the middle of all the generic assholes, you were quite correct. Congratulate yourself.

O053U1s.png

ciDy8aH.pngYour sister? Oh, you must mean that girl. Hey, Renee! Is this guy your brother?

qRP4r6J.png

8ZK6SIl.pngI've been searching all over for you ever since you disappeared... Thank the Goddess that I found you!

ciDy8aH.pngLook, kid, if you think I'm gonna just let you take her, then you've got another thing coming. Now beat it.

8ZK6SIl.pngI'm not leaving without her!

fSY2BT9.png

0zFk3fj.png To be fair, you do look like you've got a lot more muscle than him. But all brawn and no brains does not work so well.

q8a7y5Q.pngAttrom, stop! They'll kill you!

8ZK6SIl.pngI won't abandon you, Renee! Even if it costs me my life!

ciDy8aH.pngWhat a loyal little brother. Men, get rid of this brat! I'll be inside if you need me.

dreuSSM.pngAye aye, sir!

0zFk3fj.png Oh, so he runs? What a cowardly piece of garbage.

8ZK6SIl.pngStop, Maerchen! Let her go!

q8a7y5Q.pngNo... Attrom...!

yMncwXi.png

And so he disappears from the map, presumably taking Renee with him.

99QxWpA.pngSiZfkUh.png

prSiLUK.pngThere's a boy up there surrounded by pirates! Holmes, you have to save him!

FF3NqbQ.pngLet's get one thing straight here, Katri: I don't HAVE to do anything.

IfRBMws.png You know, I liked it better in Runan's route, where the psychopathic assholes were no more than a vocal minority.

prSiLUK.pngHolmes!

FF3NqbQ.pngYeah, yeah. We'll help him out. 'Sides, I've got a score to settle with... Um... that pirate leader guy.

prSiLUK.pngI think Shigen said his name was Maerchen.

aiwv7Pm.png

0zFk3fj.png Ah, so he sees reason. So he was just messing with Katri? "Hue hue hue huehuehehehehaehehuehueaahahhahehuehue, I'll tell Katri I'm gonna leave that guy to get chopped to pieces by the pirates, heheuahahahuehehuahauhe I so funny", was that it? God...

Sigh... next time, we take Maerchen's hideout by storm and, with any luck, people will stop being pricks to those who are supposed to be their allies. Farewell.

Death count: --

Reset count: 1 (Runan: 1)

Dullahan's done with my incompetence: 1

Well, in the old translation Maruj came across as aggressive and suspicious right out of the gate. At least from how I remember it. Of course the text was also really hard to decipher at times, so that didn't exactly help to keep track of things. Like, there must have been a dozen different spellings of "Eisenbach" in that one.
In any case, in this translation Maruj only comes across as mildly rude at worst. Most certainly not like he was accusing her of anything.

And yeah, it's totally a boob window. I just didn't see much value in basically just posting: "Well, that's not what it looks like to me."

Edited by BrightBow

On 1/21/2019 at 5:14 AM, Ruminant said:

Well, I'd played Thracia first, but still.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Since every single person in the thread seemed to disagree with me that Alicia has a boob window, I will refer to her artworks (yes, she has two official artworks), because I fail to see why you guys are having such difficulties to see it.

CRihMS9.png

Huh. Errors were made.

It really did just look like she had a giant brooch.

You don't even know what he looks like. Heck, "he" could be a she for all you know!

But I'm still betting he. Just a guess.

In before you change the character to female to spite me. :P

Roy can't do any of those, either! Hah! Outclassed! Dougy's the choice of the pros!

Now that's delusional.

Frankly, all I want is for it not to be three games. Give me the whole thing in one package, and provided it is good, you can be sure I'll replay it with all three of 'em. They all look cool enough. Edelgard has the same nonsensical boob window as Alicia (except without the golden thingy to make it less obvious), Dimitri looks like he just stepped out of the shower and I don't know why, but I don't feel like Claude belongs in the Middle Ages of Anime (and no, it's not the skin color, don't be silly now), but complaints aside, they look interesting enough.

I do understand the concern, but nothing about this seems to indicate three versions.

It wasn't received well for Fates, even if it made money hand over fist. 

As for Claude, is it the hair? The braid isn't an issue honestly, but still.

But... but Dagon's Azoth was in his inventory! Why show it there but not with Yazam? Did the artist who drew Azoth's icon demand payment for every time the item appeared in the game, so they just cut some corners?

Probably laziness. I'd argue it's canon enough that he could have taken it from somewhere.

Or maybe I'll just do it and let the events unfold as normal. Really, between Lee, Mel and Miss Warp we'll get in a while, I have more than enough healers to go around. I can afford to lose one.

I guess we'll see your approach.

Because she isn't "all kinds of out" and I really like her and she wears green. Green always makes things better.

After the update, man this is a lot more dated than I expected.

By reaching out and waving at it, causing a slight air current that deviates it from its flight path.

So what, Thomas waves a cloth at the projectile to make it blow off course?

Taking crits to the face and surviving, dodging things while inside a tank... Thomas has seen everything. But it isn't time for him to leave yet!

But has he seen a dragon?

No, helicopters are not dragons.

What even is that?

I thought you'd get that, considering the Catholicness of Spain as a whole.

I see Juliattisnacordst is bulking up a bit.

Really can't deal with Butz, eh?

He's had like 4 lines, so I can't imagine him being that good of a speaker.

"Good.... evening at..... Verje Hall. 

I am.... going to... give a gre... grap... good talk!"

All I can say is, it's more understandable than this.

To be fair, it's not a thick Donegal accent you're listening too.

But I've relatives from Cork so I'm more used to it, probably not the best person to ask.

I prefered the old one, to be honest. It allowed me to reference my new favourite video ever.

Yes, I only just found out about a video that's over 10 years old. Youtube recommendations did their job, for once.

Dr. Wawee is not to be twyfld with!

Dr. Light's so drunk, he's gone and lost his words.

PMytCbI.png

I mean, he wasn't saying it was a short fight.

Doesn't mean he liked it.

FF3NqbQ.pngGeez, quit your worrying, will you? Nothing's gonna happen to me.

0zFk3fj.png Don't be so smug, I'm the one controlling you. The sky's the limit, knowing me.

If that's the limit, Holmes could die to anything!

Even a rubber duck!

(And no, that's not the actual sound effect and no that's not a parody banner. You got out of Heroes at just the right time.)

A45Wxtj.png

xQunKTk.png And just like Shiida's own evil schemes, her persuasion worked!

Alicia: Oh wow I didn't expect that to actually work.

What have they wroth on the world?

dTEFV0A.pngIf he's dead, he's dead. No sense sugarcoating it. I might only be a few years older than you, little Maruj, but you should still respect me as your senior.

uIHbsVY.png

Hot damm, could she be in the Makalov and Peri tier of horrible human being?

Fuck that was out of nowhere.

IfRBMws.png If this was anybody else, I'd be amazed at how much of a sassy badass this woman is, but the fact that Maruj's her victim concerns me. The kid's lost virtually everything like a couple days ago, and that makes this scene more disturbing than funny. Not to mention, she's being way more forward than she has any need to be. What, you want to drive him to suicide? You don't even know him, what's your problem!?

I do not remember this happening with the older patch.

I guess the newer patch took Maruj's asshole streak and ensured Alicia got it all.

dTEFV0A.pngWhat a rude little boy! If your father had raised you, I know he would have beaten some manners into you.

bHfj1TE.png

0zFk3fj.png You know, this scene is way more brutal than how I remembered it. I knew she made fun of Maruj for not being such a great mage and he got mad as a result, which is why I said I was "looking forward" to this scene... but the whole "let's make fun of a kid who's lost every single father figure he ever had!" part did not remain in my memory!

Yeah, this is past the Arkis "holes for eyes" section of hell.

She's already ensured she's in super hell.

dTEFV0A.pngC'mon, little Maruj. You know I'll use it better than you ever would. Be a good boy and hand the tome over.

tswrvWm.png...don't... blast her with the Sylphid... Mother would never approve...

Eisenbach: "Your mother might not approve and though I shouldn't I say kick her ass!"

TVK5usK.png

Only in stories like these is a sentence like this to be uttered.

pnDqbrd.png

Bravo.

IOZLXJE.pngcfs64kZ.png

So, robes has a friend.

A suspiciously Humphrey shaped friend.

oJj3zW5.pngcB1UUFy.png

Then Alicia's training begun and it was horrible. Sigh... you've really set out to make me hate you today, haven't you?

She's at least supposed to be a good unit.

pFqn4gL.png

Oh look, this is the famous Lot the tank comes from. Maybe they mass-produce tanks here, to live up to the place's namesake. Who didn't need a tank to tank, I might add.

So, back to Bizzaro Sacae lore:

Spoiler

Lot reached here and defended the people of the forest to his dying breath. The people saw him as like iron himself, so they constructed metal shells to emulate their strange hero.

0zFk3fj.png Ah, so he sees reason. So he was just messing with Katri? "Hue hue hue huehuehehehehaehehuehueaahahhahehuehue, I'll tell Katri I'm gonna leave that guy to get chopped to pieces by the pirates, heheuahahahuehehuahauhe I so funny", was that it? God...

I think he's just trying to assert his authority by being a bossy asshat.

Maybe he needs feminism more than most do.

It's definitely weird when Holmes' acts all reluctant to do the good things he plans to do anyway, seeing how there is no shortage of instances where he does the good thing without having to be prodded. Maybe the idea is that he tries to compensate for people teasing him over the possibility of him having a thing for Katri or whatever? Of course since Katri is currently the only mainstay besides Holmes who has a significant amount of main story dialog (since she can't die and all), no one has really done this so far.

Edited by BrightBow

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

CRihMS9.png

Look at that! If that's not obvious, then I don't know what is! Almost as obvious as the fact that she's wearing no pants, yet another thing Kaga ripped off of his earlier works.

I don't know what surprises me more. The fact that there's actually a window or she has two different styled portraits

With that out of the way, let's move on before I come off as an obsessive fuck.

Ah, what am I saying, I already came off as an obsessive fuck when I made the 32586942367th reference to Horsemen raiding my villages. Still not over it. Maybe in four or five LPs.

I suggest you get therapy for that one.

I... no, I don't see, sorry.

Since this isn't really going anywhere, I'll just put down the picture I was going to use and move on (Warning that it is obviously bloody):

Spoiler

9iVQhaaA8GXTJ9Y_NlCo_C2FCelXt_S2AtCUzKKowjWexMZRogcBRpFYWMr4DZN9j_EAyfzPHT3WTIWs0Gez67LcXJ_dWZ9QELrhkZYjszifAEhR5dHqgHNg1UXnDto2woPmQz_4

Really? Serenes never tells me anything about spelling.

You've made several spelling errors before. Does it not have the red line underneath misspelled words?

I stand by my point. You'd make a fine villain with your shenanigans. Me... I'd probably be something like Ben in Telltale's game, except I probably would tell everyone "hey, these bandits forced me to give them some of our stuff, we should probably do something about it" instead of doing the absolutely worst thing I could. And I would probably have enough brains to realize that standing on a rickety-old railing isn't going to do me much good. And that I could just run past slow-ass zombies.

Come to think about it, I wouldn't be that much like Ben at all.

So... I'd be the villain that actually cares about killing the zombies instead of showing that humans are bastards? Or I could show that humans being bastards doesn't need to apply to other humans. Or I'm a hero antagonist. Or...

Thanks for the kind words!

Once again, you are welcome!

Dumb still is, this way to talk. Pretentious and without substance, it is. Much wiser, I appear. , me! Barnacles, blistering!

Fair, your point is. Important things first, this speech pattern puts. Correctly, not always done. Overdone in the prequels, after all, it is.

Hey, The Roget The Paladin sounds rad. If we continue adding errors to his name, by the end of this, he might just have as much of a dumb name as Juliattisnacordst.

Classic "two letters are next to each other on the keyboard" mistake that I've seen so many times you could solve charity if you got a penny every time it occurred.

I didn't ask for this!

Alternatively:

Spoiler

Image result for hay

That's from Awakening? And... shape-shifting bunnies?! What? I didn't know that, but I wish I had never found out!

Eyup. They're called the taguel, and I have a soft spot for them because I can simultaneously take them seriously in the story while embracing how ridiculous the entire concept is.

It's an okay class, all around. Six move, ignores the weapon triangle, hits hard and fast at the cost of mediocre defense, and has a useful anti-beast skill. They do have the downside of becoming less useful as the game goes on, especially since they can't promote, but fortunately they aren't as reliant on their stat bonuses as Manaketes are and thus can reclass pretty easily.

I don't do realism. More of a postmodernism guy, myself.

0V49x3.gif

Spelling errors!!! Why do you haunt me so?!?

You're just as bad as the ninjas I fight in Forum Games!!!

Noooope is the answer.

At least in some ways it's true to life, I suppose. Although if it where real life, halberds would dominate the game.

Why, you...! Stop it! Why can't you guys ever bet money on who lives?

Because then we'd cheat and bet on the lords. And Lee. And the units you'll never use.

Do elaborate.

Remember how I mentioned earlier that the taguel are shapeshifting bunnies? Well, it's mentioned that they live(d) in warrens. Thus, IS could have made a unique underground level based around rabbit warrens with both wide caves as well narrow and erratic pathways. It would also be a neat opportunity for worldbuilding both through background details on the map and battle screens as well as the overall design the level giving off the impression of being a lost underground animal city.

I know it would be a lot of work for a single level, but they've already proven they were willing to do that in other cases. Besides, it would have been something memorable in a game with otherwise okay, if boring, maps, and would have provided more background to the taguel, who suffer from the "you have to dig into supports to find it all" problem that plagues the series. That, and it may have replaced Yarnes recruitment chapter, and I'm not fond of that one (I may have mentioned it before here, but it's where you have to choose between helping out one of two mercenary groups or fighting both at once. Neither side is a pushover, and the game is a jerk and doesn't show you the full force of either army until after you made your decision).

KDIF!

Kaga is now doing stuff first in the meta sense.

You can say that again!

So it's true! The movement growth actually exists, and it is possible to obtain it!

Hey, I'm not doing so badly this time around!

You got that right. The only death so far is a lord death and the abuse of a special weapon. You lasted longer than anyone expected.

With the Dire Thunder, she'd barely get any. Besides, like I said, today we'll get a pair of scenes that perfectly encapsulate the sort of woman she is.

That makes more sense from both a gameplay and story perspective.

Both times, KDIF, yeah!

Would it count as KDIF if Kaga did it in the original Fire Emblem games and established it as a series tradition?

Or a full album.

Even better!

Sounds rather awkward.

It rarely happens to me, although I don't know if anyone else has made the same mistake.

Pretty sure Runan wears pants.

Which makes it all the more confusing why Holmes and a few other characters aren't.

Fun fact: in the old translation, Bronze Paladins were called Commando Knights. So, does that mean Arkis can promote to having no pants?

Well... considering his attitude towards women...

Nice bit of lore going on here.

I'm honestly surprised that they kept that consistent.

PMytCbI.png

He probably wanted you to throw caution to the wind, ignore the crit rate, and just rush the guy.

Which raises the question: What happens if Holmes dies? After all, Eugen isn't here with his reviving powers.

dTEFV0A.pngNo, you were attacking my captors, who just happened to have a prisoner. I wouldn't call that a "rescue". But as much as it pains me to be indebted to pirates, I thank you.

FF3NqbQ.pngDon't lump us together with scum like those other guys!

Yet another person knows that privateeing is legal piracy.

tswrvWm.pngWhat...? How do you know who my father is? Just who are you?

dTEFV0A.pngOh, Lady Sylphis told me that.

xQunKTk.pngSuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

dTEFV0A.pngI'm just a priestess of a temple in Trente. I was only headed to the Temple of Mars because my minister asked me to. Nothing special, really.

hTMofYU.pngSuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Even for scum, you make a lousy liar.

Fair Warning that the video gets pretty violent afterwards

... What is it with Holmes attracting @$$holes to his crew? Besides Xeno, maybe Shigen and Samson, and a few people from Runan's army?

IfRBMws.pngYou made fun of his grandfather's death the other day and his father's absence his entire life! Bitch, you don't get to "hee hee" me after something like that!

...Does somebody mind punching her in the face hard enough to give her a black eye and some missing teeth?

IOZLXJE.png

cfs64kZ.png

Ominous cloaks of ominousness

So we got a steel axe. Not sure if it's from that enemy, I'm pretty sure I only took that screenshot to show that Alicia's sprite is the same as Meriel's, but green.

Does she still have the toe-tapping idle animation?

clJ4Eti.png

Youth? I'm pretty sure the pirate bossman isn't that young... also, Blaad?

The only explanation I can think of of why a place would be fine with being called Blaad is that the founder had a speech/writing impediment when naming the town, and was so well respected nobody had the heart to change the name.

That, or someone said "this land is bad, lad!" and then a sheep baaed, and the lad ran with it.

... I rarely make headcannons, but when I do, stuff like this is created.

qRP4r6J.png

Attrom?

Considering the existence of Xeno, did some of these characters names get mixed up with a sci-fi game?

IfRBMws.png You know, I liked it better in Runan's route, where the psychopathic assholes were no more than a vocal minority.

Very much agreed.

I never understood that kind of humor, although maybe it's because I was could never pull it off.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Even a rubber duck!

You guys haven't seen anything yet.

Um...hey. I'm back.

It feels kind of weird...I haven't been on Serenes Forest since...well, since the end of your last LP. I just randomly decided to check if you'd done anything new a month or two late.

I'm working on binging the earlier updates right now, but I couldn't wait that long to post, so...hi everyone.

...do any of you newcomers know I named Sid?

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, guess I'm wrong.

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, I've no complaints. Garcia had solid bases, Lot is a great character and saved my LP and Wade's also a cool character even if he's lacking when it comes to stats, Bartre and Geitz are good prepromotes... Really, FE7's the one that completely screwed over Fighters (other than Geitz, and you could argue him being easy to miss is also a dickmove against Fighters), and since everyone knows FE7 is the only good GBA game, it's the only one that matters.

Dorcas carried my first playthrough of FE7. Seriously. Dorcas. On the flipside, I recently did a no-grind Ironman of Sacred Stones.... using only units like Forde, Dolza, Moulder and Garcia that are usually dumped. Garcia one shotted Lyon with a crit then proceeded to proc another on Formortiis, making it so I could finish him off with fricking EIRIKA (who got blessed to hell before he could do more than his counter on Garcia. To be fair, even on Hard Sacred Stones is easy, so much so that even under these conditions I managed to keep everyone alive... possibly because, or possibly in spite of the fact to "add" challenge I attempted Eirika's Route blind (figuring that I had never used the route and that using the weaker lord would add to the challenge.... then she gets blessed and ends up better than my last Ephraim) Indeed, the only fighters I haven't used in the GBA games are Wade, FE6 Bartre, and Geitz. Yet apart from the terribly slow start on FE 7 Bartre, I've had good results. I'm currently working on a run of Path of Radiance so I can cross Largo off the list of unused axe infantry, and after that I need to do a run where I use Boyd in endgame Radiant Dawn (having chosen to drop him and use Nolan). FE 6 wise, there's also Garret and Geese. Point is, I've made it a goal to try and use every one of the axe infantry of late just because they get so much flak.

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why Ireland, though?

Dullahan is an Irish legend of a fairy (not the nice type you bottle in zelda but a powerful supernatural entity) who appears as a headless man holding his yellowed severed head under his left arm. The head has an ear to ear grin. Dullahan travels in a wagon made of the bones of the dead, with wheels with bone spokes, stopping his travels only to shout a name, causing the death of whosoever is victim. So basically, my theory entails his purpose is to keep Shigen's sword powered. Then again, maybe he is more like the fairies in Zelda in that would mean he keeps Shigen alive...

uIHbsVY.png

"Those who can't control their tongues can't possibly control their magic" says the woman who belittled a child for mourning his grandfather's recent death.

I feel slightLee robbed that my second post got no reply. ApparentLee there is a too far with the Lee puns. But come on, at Leest I did a few Arkis jokes as well.

Part 24 - Really weird-looking bad guy.

Replies:

Spoiler
On 22/1/2019 at 7:27 PM, BrightBow said:

Well, in the old translation Maruj came across as aggressive and suspicious right out of the gate. At least from how I remember it. Of course the text was also really hard to decipher at times, so that didn't exactly help to keep track of things. Like, there must have been a dozen different spellings of "Eisenbach" in that one.
In any case, in this translation Maruj only comes across as mildly rude at worst. Most certainly not like he was accusing her of anything.

You know, even if he came across as "aggressive and suspicious right out of the gate", I still wouldn't have been nearly as put off by the scene. The guy's life has been ruined by a cult of mad magicians, I could understand him being suspicious of a mage who seems to know too much about his dead father. In all fairness, I can think of a reason why she was such a piece of shit to him, but I definitely am not saying that it justifies her actions.

And yeah, it's totally a boob window. I just didn't see much value in basically just posting: "Well, that's not what it looks like to me."

You mean, like quite literally everyone else?

On 22/1/2019 at 7:56 PM, eclipse said:

There's only a certain amount of assholishness I'll tolerate.  Esther is within that range.  Alicia stepped way the hell outside of it.

You can say that again. That was merciless...

On 22/1/2019 at 9:30 PM, Dayni said:

Well, I'd played Thracia first, but still.

It was also called Dire Thunder there? I can't remember that. Then again, I read that LP so long ago... I can't wait for a good translation to come out so I can finally play the game properly.

Huh. Errors were made.

It really did just look like she had a giant brooch.

I can understand, the PS1's rather low resolution makes it a little hard to see, but with the higher-resolution portrait it becomes obvious.

But I'm still betting he. Just a guess.

In before you change the character to female to spite me. :P

Here's a hint: it'd be awkward for me to do so. But, no more, no more hints, that's all you're gonna get outta me.

Now that's delusional.

No u

I do understand the concern, but nothing about this seems to indicate three versions.

It wasn't received well for Fates, even if it made money hand over fist. 

That's my main concern, if it made money, that's all that matters to Ninty. I ain't gonna buy three full-priced games, nor one third of a game, so I sure hope they behave.

As for Claude, is it the hair? The braid isn't an issue honestly, but still.

It's not exactly the braid, but the metal tip of it. It makes it look like a shoelace. But that isn't the problem either, it's the really modern-looking earring. Not only that, but his face has something that just screams XXIst century to me. I can't really explain it.

Probably laziness. I'd argue it's canon enough that he could have taken it from somewhere.

After he died?!

I guess we'll see your approach.

I still haven't decided on it.

After the update, man this is a lot more dated than I expected.

I wrote that before rest of the update, so yeah.

So what, Thomas waves a cloth at the projectile to make it blow off course?

Exactly.

But has he seen a dragon?

No, helicopters are not dragons.

What do you mean, dragons are not dragons? You high?

I thought you'd get that, considering the Catholicness of Spain as a whole.

Are you kidding me? After three LPs, would you seriously bet your money on me being even slightly catholic? I don't even know three commandments! I don't know a single prayer! It's been years since I last set foot in a church! C'mon!

Really can't deal with Juliattisnacordst, eh?

What do you mean? I can deal with Juliattisnacordst just fine.

"Good.... evening at..... Verje Hall. 

I am.... going to... give a gre... grap... good talk!"

Is he about to reveal he's got a brother called Wahwee?

To be fair, it's not a thick Donegal accent you're listening too.

But I've relatives from Cork so I'm more used to it, probably not the best person to ask.

You mean this way of speaking is actually normal somewhere in the world? Man, you guys from Iran are really weird. That joke's almost as old as the Dr. Wahwee video itself. Still love it tho.

Dr. Wawee is not to be twyfld with!

Dr. Light's so drunk, he's gone and lost his words.

Where could Dr. Light's words be?

"Thet'sh eye gewd quershton."

I mean, he wasn't saying it was a short fight.

Doesn't mean he liked it.

Holmes, please.

Even a rubber duck!

(And no, that's not the actual sound effect and no that's not a parody banner. You got out of Heroes at just the right time.)

Did I just watch a naked loli throwing ducks at a dragon while moaning?

...y'know, I think getting out is not enough, I need to uninstall the game before I am put in a watchlist.

Alicia: Oh wow I didn't expect that to actually work.

What have they wroth on the world?

Much pain for men like Roger. Not the Roger.

Hot damm, could she be in the Makalov and Peri tier of horrible human being?

Fuck that was out of nowhere.

Tell me that, I didn't remember this!

I do not remember this happening with the older patch.

Yeah!

I guess the newer patch took Maruj's asshole streak and ensured Alicia got it all.

Except Maruj's got a valid reason for his asshole streak. What can Alicia say for herself? "I'm a girl, hurr!"?

Yeah, this is past the Arkis "holes for eyes" section of hell.

She's already ensured she's in super hell.

Super hell? Isn't that a superhero? I mean, after such imaginative names as Superman, Superwoman and Supergirl, I'd imagine Superhell isn't so far-fetched.

Eisenbach: "Your mother might not approve and though I shouldn't I say kick her ass!"

He's like Obi-Wan, except he enables Maruj. As well he should.

Only in stories like these is a sentence like this to be uttered.

It's about as absurd as it sounds.

Bravo.

Thanks. I'm proud of that, myself.

So, robes has a friend.

A suspiciously Humphrey shaped friend.

Guess we'll found out more about him later.

She's at least supposed to be a good unit.

No luck for me, I suppose.

So, back to Bizzaro Sacae lore:

Reveal hidden contents

Lot reached here and defended the people of the forest to his dying breath. The people saw him as like iron himself, so they constructed metal shells to emulate their strange hero.

Your Bizarro Sacae lore's so good. I'm glad I made that joke/test update back in the day.

I think he's just trying to assert his authority by being a bossy asshat.

Maybe he needs feminism more than most do.

Holmes? Holmes definitely needs it.

On 22/1/2019 at 9:55 PM, BrightBow said:

It's definitely weird when Holmes' acts all reluctant to do the good things he plans to do anyway, seeing how there is no shortage of instances where he does the good thing without having to be prodded. Maybe the idea is that he tries to compensate for people teasing him over the possibility of him having a thing for Katri or whatever? Of course since Katri is currently the only mainstay besides Holmes who has a significant amount of main story dialog (since she can't die and all), no one has really done this so far.

Let's be clear on one thing: she can die, only she'll be brought back by... I don't know, Eugen's amazing powers, as well?

On 22/1/2019 at 11:49 PM, Hawkwing said:

I don't know what surprises me more. The fact that there's actually a window or she has two different styled portraits

She seems to be a popular character. She gets fan artwork too, which is rare for TRS characters. On the other hand is Maruj. Searching "Maruj Tear Ring Saga" leads to his official artworks (he has two also), some unrelated TRS pictures, and a ton of marijuana images.

I suggest you get therapy for that one.

People have been telling me that since FE12, but I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Since this isn't really going anywhere, I'll just put down the picture I was going to use and move on (Warning that it is obviously bloody):

Reveal hidden contents

9iVQhaaA8GXTJ9Y_NlCo_C2FCelXt_S2AtCUzKKowjWexMZRogcBRpFYWMr4DZN9j_EAyfzPHT3WTIWs0Gez67LcXJ_dWZ9QELrhkZYjszifAEhR5dHqgHNg1UXnDto2woPmQz_4

Y O W I E

You've made several spelling errors before. Does it not have the red line underneath misspelled words?

It never does point them out, no. What can I say, I don't feel like the typos ruin my LPs or anything, and it's very time-consuming to proofread the whole update. I'm lazy, sorry. Besides, sometimes the typos actually add to the whole thing. Look no further than the time everyone was losing their heads because I said Mouse destroyed the city of Nolzeria.

So... I'd be the villain that actually cares about killing the zombies instead of showing that humans are bastards? Or I could show that humans being bastards doesn't need to apply to other humans. Or I'm a hero antagonist. Or...

Well, I can't tell you how to live your villanous life, but I'd say you'd be the well-meaning guy who eventually goes mad for reasons.

Once again, you are welcome!

Once again, thanks! Let's not keep this up forever, we have enough problems as it is, with the overload of Lee puns.

Fair, your point is. Important things first, this speech pattern puts. Correctly, not always done. Overdone in the prequels, after all, it is.

Underrated, the prequels are. Dank, the memes I find to be. High ground, I have the. But, the droid attack on the wookies, what about? Say, to this I: HATE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUU, I!

...now I feel rather light-headed.

Classic "two letters are next to each other on the keyboard" mistake that I've seen so many times you could solve charity if you got a penny every time it occurred.

It is a pretty common typi, alongside mistaking your for you're.

Alternatively:

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for hay

The light-headedness is getting worse...

Eyup. They're called the taguel, and I have a soft spot for them because I can simultaneously take them seriously in the story while embracing how ridiculous the entire concept is.

It's an okay class, all around. Six move, ignores the weapon triangle, hits hard and fast at the cost of mediocre defense, and has a useful anti-beast skill. They do have the downside of becoming less useful as the game goes on, especially since they can't promote, but fortunately they aren't as reliant on their stat bonuses as Manaketes are and thus can reclass pretty easily.

Sooooo a selling point of the Taguel is that you can have them stop being Taguel? Fucking A, man. That's some good class balancing right there.

0V49x3.gif

Now that's an amazing gif if I've ever seen one.

Spelling errors!!! Why do you haunt me so?!?

You're just as bad as the ninjas I fight in Forum Games!!!

There are ninjas in the FG subforum? No, not the Family Guy subforum, only cutaways can be found there. Man, cutaways are such a cheap way to do comedy. Hey, remember the time I lost my mind playing FE12?

On 24/8/2017 at 1:19 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

iQknV39.png

Slowly but surely, we're moving forward. Soon, we'll face Aeible.

EKDZW1S.png

What...?

WHAT!?

f8URyR5.png

Since when do fucking Horsemen raid villages!? WHAT?! I'm not making this up, this really is what happened! I... has anyone ever seen this happen?

GAH! Why does nothing ever go as planned?

Arrrrrrghhhh!

At least in some ways it's true to life, I suppose. Although if it where real life, halberds would dominate the game.

Here they're rather shit. How curious.

Because then we'd cheat and bet on the lords. And Lee. And the units you'll never use.

Then I'll ask that you are serious about it.

Remember how I mentioned earlier that the taguel are shapeshifting bunnies? Well, it's mentioned that they live(d) in warrens. Thus, IS could have made a unique underground level based around rabbit warrens with both wide caves as well narrow and erratic pathways. It would also be a neat opportunity for worldbuilding both through background details on the map and battle screens as well as the overall design the level giving off the impression of being a lost underground animal city.

I know it would be a lot of work for a single level, but they've already proven they were willing to do that in other cases. Besides, it would have been something memorable in a game with otherwise okay, if boring, maps, and would have provided more background to the taguel, who suffer from the "you have to dig into supports to find it all" problem that plagues the series. That, and it may have replaced Yarnes recruitment chapter, and I'm not fond of that one (I may have mentioned it before here, but it's where you have to choose between helping out one of two mercenary groups or fighting both at once. Neither side is a pushover, and the game is a jerk and doesn't show you the full force of either army until after you made your decision).

I understand. I agree, that could probably be nice.

Kaga is now doing stuff first in the meta sense.

He's a genius. Or a madman. Or both!

Is it bad that it took me a moment to understand what this was all about? I actually scrolled down like mad because I thought I'd accidentally gone back to the last update's replies.

You got that right. The only death so far is a lord death and the abuse of a special weapon. You lasted longer than anyone expected.

Still lastin', too. Famous last words?

That makes more sense from both a gameplay and story perspective.

Also, she's... well, she's the kind of woman she proved to be in that conversation.

Would it count as KDIF if Kaga did it in the original Fire Emblem games and established it as a series tradition?

Probably so.

Even better!

We need to get working on it. Anybody have a good singing voice? Noone?

It rarely happens to me, although I don't know if anyone else has made the same mistake.

Probably happened to me sometime, but I can't remember.

Which makes it all the more confusing why Holmes and a few other characters aren't.

Style choices. The artist for TRS (who also did the art for Thracia I'm pretty sure) actually died not long ago. That's a related fact, isn't it?

Well... considering his attitude towards women...

Fitting for him.

I'm honestly surprised that they kept that consistent.

Right?

He probably wanted you to throw caution to the wind, ignore the crit rate, and just rush the guy.

Why are you so reckless? Did you not learn anything from watching me play FE6?

Which raises the question: What happens if Holmes dies? After all, Eugen isn't here with his reviving powers.

Maybe he'll warp from the other side of the continent and begrudgingly revive Holmes at Runan's request.

Yet another person knows that privateeing is legal piracy.

Even pieces of garbage like her know it!

Even for scum, you make a lousy liar.

Fair Warning that the video gets pretty violent afterwards

That's nothing, have you been reading the FE12 LP like you said you would? If so, have you made it to Camus and Nyna's Chronicle chapter? Because things get rather violent there.

... What is it with Holmes attracting @$$holes to his crew? Besides Xeno, maybe Shigen and Samson, and a few people from Runan's army?

Juni isn't so bad either. Katri's a nice girl, Garo originally came from Holmes's crew and he's good... it's just that the assholes are so obnoxious, they make themselves look like they're the majority. Huh. Kinda like in real life.

...Does somebody mind punching her in the face hard enough to give her a black eye and some missing teeth?

Hey, one doesn't hit girls. It's a shitty thing to do.

So next time she's on a bridge, push her off and we'll just pretend it was an accident.

Ominous cloaks of ominousness

Are you feeling the foreboringness yet?

Does she still have the toe-tapping idle animation?

She does, yes. Why?

The only explanation I can think of of why a place would be fine with being called Blaad is that the founder had a speech/writing impediment when naming the town, and was so well respected nobody had the heart to change the name.

That actually sounds reasonable enough.

That, or someone said "this land is bad, lad!" and then a sheep baaed, and the lad ran with it.

Wouldn't it be called "badladaaaaad", then?

... I rarely make headcannons, but when I do, stuff like this is created.

Lovely. Do it more often.

Attrom?

Considering the existence of Xeno, did some of these characters names get mixed up with a sci-fi game?

They're both Mercenaries with ropes they never use, too. I think I sense a connection here...

Very much agreed.

It's gonna be a while before we get back to Runan, I'm afraid, so we'll have to get used to it.

I never understood that kind of humor, although maybe it's because I was could never pull it off.

It's really easy to pull off, but it's rarely funny.

I prefer that one to the naked loli, honestly.

On 23/1/2019 at 3:52 AM, KnightOfNohr said:

Um...hey. I'm back.

Ah, my friend, welcome! It's good to see you again.

It feels kind of weird...I haven't been on Serenes Forest since...well, since the end of your last LP. I just randomly decided to check if you'd done anything new a month or two late.

I'm working on binging the earlier updates right now, but I couldn't wait that long to post, so...hi everyone.

We aren't that far yet. Get your seatbelt ready, we've got a ways to go.

...do any of you newcomers know I named Sid?

I never had any reason to mention that, so... still, character's still going strong, so there's that!

On 23/1/2019 at 4:58 AM, Mad-manakete said:

Well, guess I'm wrong.

Like everyone. I LOVE proving people wrong and myself right.

Dorcas carried my first playthrough of FE7. Seriously. Dorcas. On the flipside, I recently did a no-grind Ironman of Sacred Stones.... using only units like Forde, Dolza, Moulder and Garcia that are usually dumped. Garcia one shotted Lyon with a crit then proceeded to proc another on Formortiis, making it so I could finish him off with fricking EIRIKA (who got blessed to hell before he could do more than his counter on Garcia. To be fair, even on Hard Sacred Stones is easy, so much so that even under these conditions I managed to keep everyone alive... possibly because, or possibly in spite of the fact to "add" challenge I attempted Eirika's Route blind (figuring that I had never used the route and that using the weaker lord would add to the challenge.... then she gets blessed and ends up better than my last Ephraim) Indeed, the only fighters I haven't used in the GBA games are Wade, FE6 Bartre, and Geitz. Yet apart from the terribly slow start on FE 7 Bartre, I've had good results. I'm currently working on a run of Path of Radiance so I can cross Largo off the list of unused axe infantry, and after that I need to do a run where I use Boyd in endgame Radiant Dawn (having chosen to drop him and use Nolan). FE 6 wise, there's also Garret and Geese. Point is, I've made it a goal to try and use every one of the axe infantry of late just because they get so much flak.

I think the only axe infantry I haven't used in the GBA games is FE7!Bartre. Take that as you will.

Dullahan is an Irish legend of a fairy (not the nice type you bottle in zelda but a powerful supernatural entity) who appears as a headless man holding his yellowed severed head under his left arm. The head has an ear to ear grin. Dullahan travels in a wagon made of the bones of the dead, with wheels with bone spokes, stopping his travels only to shout a name, causing the death of whosoever is victim. So basically, my theory entails his purpose is to keep Shigen's sword powered. Then again, maybe he is more like the fairies in Zelda in that would mean he keeps Shigen alive...

All I know about Irish fairies is that they speak funny, they live in rainbows and like cooking gold, but not eating it. Irish guys are weird.

"Those who can't control their tongues can't possibly control their magic" says the woman who belittled a child for mourning his grandfather's recent death.

Guess that's why her levels in the skirmish were all garbage.

I feel slightLee robbed that my second post got no reply. ApparentLee there is a too far with the Lee puns. But come on, at Leest I did a few Arkis jokes as well.

I am deeplee sorry. I do beleeve I must've forgotten about it, because I did read it. It got me making a smilee face, too, so don't despair, you've still got it!

Update:

Spoiler

rEnMpCX.png

Here's today's map. It's like the Temple of Mars, but without NPCs and outside. In other words, and actually challenging version of that one.

eWplI8l.pngftNEBY3.png2icJ7Jw.png

The High Mage doesn't move, thankfully, but the shieldblade asshole? The killer bastard and his twin brothers? No rules for them. That's gonna be bothersome.

jLqUOqU.png

Among the crowd, we can find this person.

HP 70% - Strength 40% - Skill 50% - Speed 45% - Defense 20% - Magic 5% - Luck 20% - Mastery 30%

Attrom's basically Xeno with slightly better bases and growths, but slightly worse availability. He gains Sol at level 15 and Lethality later on, which is a slightly better skillset than Xeno's. His supports are actually a little worse than Xeno's, with all of them being healers who definitely shouldn't be frontlining like him. Really, he's just Xeno all over again with some minor advantages and disadvantages. I like him better if only because I prefer his design, but that's about it.

GuaEwkZ.pngq3l4R19.pngoyUgd9W.png

Okay, time to get going. Roger, get us started!

AqRTVyw.pngByoyYwW.png

First level, so soon? Don't mind if I do! That's pretty decent, I like it. Thanks.

lWe0K81.png

Holy crap, Garo one shots this guy! Amazing!

GTKpNUu.png

Even Julia can kill-- never mind, she can't double. Siiiiigh...

pksQW4V.png9IofavZ.png9pO3EkL.png

No matter, the damage's good enough for Alicia.

ai2EWda.pngJ3HvyYn.pngh7sIGdY.png

Ah, it's been too long since we saw Maruj's hilarious plane animations.

YSs8sV6.pngtOuhiOL.png

Yet another kill for Lionel. He's on a roll thus far.

GwaAzrk.png

Aaaahhhh what a shame, Attrom can't run away. Well, he'll have to tank some hits.

WXAT1Gq.png

Katri supports him for 5% dodge. Not the best thing ever, but I'll take it.

aNNBQgN.png

C'mon, Attrom. I think you can do it!

Y62E6hG.pngKVShD27.pngvPnxVsl.png

Good job.

DYcyggl.png

AH CRIT! NOOHOOOO!

XTahkYo.pngS4AWgrA.pngd8qjHxg.png

Phew-- AH CRIT! NOOHOOOO!

qq6bNct.pngmoQyEk8.png

Phew...

3alYDAE.png

Ah-ha! No crit!

3RbpOBz.png69JPk69.pngpVnyfPC.png

Oh-ho, I stand corrected. There is a crit!

WbDISae.pngSmxfvUG.pngRNeA6iG.png

KABOOM!

1N4wyLb.pngylHjfcr.png

Juliattisnacordst, could you please stop making my heart race? It's not good when it does that, you know.

BEYgFGF.pngRUZ4zlV.pngrfcuRs9.png

Nngh... don't get hit...!

PZnAfTQ.pngKmAkVMi.png

Attrom! Ah, who cares, it's the end of the turn.

iWCSXhN.png

You cannot be allowed to live much longer. Unleash the Wundergust, Maruj!

Bx5dVOY.png

There! Prove your mettle to the bitch, Maruj.

LHoiyCV.pngBmKn2zi.png

No holding back! Garo, it's your time to shine!

E3BJq2W.png

Alicia, finish off the shieldblade man with your magic!

EziDAxN.png

Nice, it's ours now.

yU9aIuo.png

Well... it's magic, I guess.

8ui4bfx.pngGl0TS0z.png

This is the killer fucker. Well, one of them, at any rate. He scares me. Holmes, deal with him from afar.

lHVq4Wg.png

This arrow hit, by the way. Not only is it being fired backwards, it also just barely grazes its target. Holmes, get a grip, you're supposed to be a great archer!

29LAdrO.png7whrab2.png

And that marks the end of the killer fucker's life.

SfcB795.png

Never mind, that was somebody else.

fcDUn8C.png4X3t78K.png

Katri, you're such a terrible healer... I wish I could use Mel instead of you. She's not that much better, but she has a horse and supports The Roger.

mhRI7uT.pngeP1u2kM.png

Don't worry, don't worry, I haven't forgotten about the man with the killer axe. I'll get him soon enough.

g08lsYe.pngvQKznK4.png125DRi8.png

Attrom's defense worries me, but with the shieldblade, he'll be invincible, unless I get unlucky.

Oh God what was I thinking, he could easily die, I must take care never to take such chances again.

Fg8pmiR.png

Esther, please. I know I said you're great, but to be honest, as nice as your defense growth's been, the fact remains that your offense is bad. Work on it!

4J3w3Lc.png

For now, though, I'm afraid it's up to The Roger the Paladin.

lHadbmw.png

Why yes, I refused to press my luck with a 98% chance to hit. The time will come when I get cocky, but for now, the wounds I sustained back in FE6 have still not healed.

viDtMcV.png

So, I take him down safely and cleanly.

L6H9689.png2FGlZ5M.png

Best watch out for this guy. He doesn't have much attack, but that brave crossbow could do a number on my weaker units.

ylZxx34.png

This is a better match-up for Esther.

Uwc0zqh.pngriYawH9.png

Well done, Esther.

8SZfqB0.pngW3v4top.pngFaOGPYI.png

You know, if there's one thing that saves Julia, it's her supports. Look at that dodge!

a5qbHVh.png

I mean, sure, even after a crit and a normal hit she still couldn't kill the guy, but I'm fine with that. I'll take it over her destroying the enemy but taking every single hit, as that'd lead to nothing but her untimely demise.

efBlBU2.pnglSBHbo6.png

See?

jg7eNnK.png0n8zbsh.pngJz9hnBk.png

Dramatic.

K8mKy8C.png

Man, I seriously hate low luck... and he can actually die this time around!

AQ1aLbL.pngWz4wjSV.png

Some luck, perhaps?

1td8jEp.png

Nice, and some defense, too! I like it. Thanks, Lion.

5KTjS7F.png

Suddenly, it's time for text!

ZcdJsut.png

What the heck is that? Why is this man white, as in, bleach white? Why do his robes' decorations look so out of place? He's just wearing a basic Bad Guy Black Robe with friggin' stained glass on top of it! Or is it a time vortex slapped on some cloth? Clashing styles much?

ciDy8aH.pngW-What the--!? Who the hell are you!?

yYXsoFC.pngSomeone with shared interests. Among the companions of that pirate Holmes, there's a priestess with red hair. Bring her to me, and I will reward you.

ciDy8aH.pngWell... It was either kill 'em or take 'em prisoner anyway, so... Sure! I can do that. Pleasure doing business with you.

Yhi4rMz.png

So here's the weird part: instead of just leaving, the guy with the weird robes actually comes out and... becomes the map's boss?

vU9rCtz.png

He can't even fight, either, just summon skeletons... oh, well. It's free experience, I won't question it.

mVosMd0.pngc9NGCQx.png

Anyway, more fighting.

EGcilbl.pngRWyDFwj.png

Katri, when do I get to bench you?

rce3UtK.pngCtanUmC.png

Don't miss, Esther, and you shall be rewarded!

XhMKKK2.pngic58WIN.png7P0EY2t.png

Doggone it, why? Why me?

SAvuB8s.pnggIzgd1B.pngXVhEvjN.png

One can at least count on The Roger to be good.

0AqPgKb.png

Julia finally kills something. Not by herself, tho, so no songs this time.

RyPToGQ.pngYIzd0t5.png2BvePgd.png

Shigen's so much better than his sister, it's rather saddening.

cGriE8E.pngumlBGrj.png

Baaaaahhhh that fucker survived.

HbhYW2A.pngwE6O5VC.png

Doruk, go hump a bottle! Leave me alone!

q0WBBsi.png3voAuNy.png

At least this idiot fell for my trap.

LvU2jxp.png

Tom'd!

Ne7DzW0.pngjayvDWP.png

Gaah! Let Juliattisnacordst breathe, god damnit!

wWHxmd4.pnghGSWCTk.png

Deal with him, Roger!

A2kdYbs.png

Not a very good level.

Ss3WJey.pnghfUPboP.pngiiCT0qA.png

Attrom nails a guy and gains a good amount of experience.

JBKHAxc.pngZQVm0eV.png

And just like that, we're nearly in the clear!

z86qdcy.pngoM2Rr8a.png

Oh, right, the summoning staff. If you look at it hard enough, you'll notice that the left-most skeleton is darker than the others. That means he's actually promoted. Best be careful.

091Kx9u.pngJOyzSPM.png

These aren't the most threatening enemies ever, but they're certainly a step above zombies.

IMGKlCl.pngaNeDAL1.png

Not too steep a step, though.

eqek3q6.pngIxYpstG.png

Alicia Jeigans the first skeleton for Julia.

ILltj3s.png

Why am I still using you? I can't think of a single reason...

ILfzSpq.png

Ack, what a shame! He's just one point short of one-shotting this pile of bones.

mkKy6Yh.pngeXEXI8k.png7GkGgG8.png

This one'll be for Esther.

rXlC3pi.pngpHsFgBg.png

Excellent.

8hRQ0UF.png

Not so excellent. I appreciate the HP, lady, but I'd like some offensive stats more.

nSwG34U.pngkPRlavJ.pngH4o5gQf.png

Don't get hit, Attrom. It'd be really sweet if you could dodge this.

aGDuEl6.pngAKlkXJE.pngGRaQFzb.png

Bah... at least you hit him.

4HxfkmO.png

Lovely. I like it, thanks.

kFm1gT8.png

That Mage is starting to annoy me. Next turn will be his last.

9fzCf4E.pngXImi8Fh.png

Guh... damnable bonemen!

nLKT5FR.png1flaYII.pngVSpCCie.png

Girl, you have no idea how badly those supports of yours save your ass.

DwRBWgR.pngX9TrI4E.png

Pretty sure that hit.

9i83wXu.pngr3loDN7.png

Pretty sure that hit, too. Why didn't I take screencaps of the actual hits?

7KR00GA.pngYCRVeyo.png

Finally, an enemy Garo can 1HKO. I've been looking forward to this.

Ue5UfvU.png

Luck's good.

5RcrIVO.pngYJH2G3h.png

Alicia levels up as well.

e6r6OEj.png

Man, and you were so proud when you were making fun of Maruj... he's better than you!

kUYFEUf.png

I could kill Doruk already, but I believe I'd rather have him waste his entire skeleton staff for the experience.

63NAr8X.pngut2TxYJ.pngy72aSG2.png

Nearly a level. Keep the good work up, Attrom.

ElOAbBp.pngBeZLOuT.png

As for the High Mage...

heHTa8b.pngcbs7SIW.png

His time is at an end! Perish!

IQmKNO9.png

Cool.

EDMw9Fa.png

Not likely.

hNoEesw.pngttlm0aF.png

I don't want to kill him yet, but there's no reason I can't get some experience out of them.

AFIeO2z.pngmSslOZ8.png

Hmph... I need to ensure these idiots don't spawn all over the place.

N3j5Lmd.pngNsR8Y8X.pngZa3IZz7.png

So long as they don't get to Katri, though, we'll be swell.

Lb9HMtf.pnghZnnDoo.pngJetbW3t.png

The Mages mage enemies to death.

Ajcm10C.pngBRLlIkQ.png

What the hell is up with Attrom's feet in that frame?

s4lpFxR.png

Who cares, strength. Keep going, I'm liking your growth thus far.

o8LgHa2.png7F6zB7h.png

Pretty sure something like this will be enough to force Doruk to spawn his undead pals behind the keep.

IDqAv9E.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

0rqVzVr.png

Duck, you bumbling bimbo, DUCK!

0pWuXXd.png

THAT ISN'T IT, YOU DUMBASS!

GIwNaQl.png

For once I'm fine with the speed! It'll help her dodge more efficiently.

HkkPkbm.pngb118Mpt.png

Yeah, yeah, I know, cut back to Katri!

NIUj56L.png

I swear to God, Katri, if you ruin my run, I'll...

3ZdqOx1.png

Boooooooff... haaaaaahhh... good, good. I'm proud of you, girl.

XDaGJ7d.png

Run! I have no way to heal you!

ZjOudwA.png4DPrpYH.pngAVz1rAD.png

Turn into a dragon, just to be safe!

VTcVX54.pngcWmvShH.png

Excellent. Now, revenge must be obtained! I demand it!

YJfhNkN.png

Dang it, Maruj!

qsVQT7T.png4i2xOVP.pngXNm08BK.png

Revenge has been had.

BwGVXr4.pngQXqbmDX.png

Good, it seems we're safe.

0ZzmXLs.pngu48obs2.pngob1mi6B.png

Well, suit yourselves, this is gonna be all that's going to happen for a while.

vgQAngj.png

With levels to occasionally break the monotony, of course. This one's pretty nice.

eotsUTu.png6kGKzbe.png

Tom, I want to use you, I really do, but you're making it so damn hard...

03FPJMP.pngQluF206.png

Hohohohohohohoh, amazing! No offensive stats makes me sad, but look at that defense! She just keeps on going!

1KD4bgq.pngSzk5PHf.png

Aaaaaaaaaaand here we go again.

SOdcQxH.pngefCte1j.png

I might start skipping the fighting soon.

Jly9JHy.pngebAejkE.png

Not just yet, though. We're getting so many levels, there's no point.

PkBe63W.png

Great work, Juliattisnacordst.

lsPFkeH.pngRhgap4L.png6HBYJa9.png

Not so good. C'mon, Attrom, I thought I made it pretty clear what kind of levels I like to see!

PzKuqQF.png

This has gone on for long enough that I'm feeling pretty safe. I've decided to revert Katri's transformation so I can heal up my wounded. I'd like for Esther to return to the frontlines.

tiiIZy4.png

...oh, I can't... I don't believe it!

MNBigRR.png

I DON'T BELIEVE IT!

GynGfmE.png

I DO NOT BELIEVE IT!

zoNMT4C.png

OF COURSE, AND TRANSFORMING DIDN'T HEAL HER! NO! NO! NO WAY! THAT CAN'T BE RIGHT! THAT'S CHEATING, DORUK'S FUCKING CHEATING! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO--

XT9eMcS.png

Ssshhhii... urgh.

1qvy0CJ.png

sEPjqxZ.png

Look. New Holmes portrait. How nice.

CMTYQdU.png

You know what? I think I'm done. Any sort of bullshit way to lose in FE, you name it, I've probably endured it. Death by being too bad at fighting, death by being too good at fighting, death by crits, death by effective damage, death by reinforcements, death by enemies recruiting themselves at the worst time, death by a single enemy in the entire map being worse than the rest of his peers so that Hugh would double him and only him, death by long-ranged attacks, death by seemingly-uncrossable terrain being crossable, death by Horsemen randomly being able to raid villages...

It's not even just in my LPs, either: some time after FE6, I played FE11 with my friends, and you know what happened? Palla died when she and Catria recruited themselves by talking to Marth WHILE HE WAS HELPING KEEP A SNIPER PINNED AGAINST A WALL!

And now, I can also say I've experienced death by turning back into a helpless cleric just in time for a skeleton to randomly spawn on top of you!

Fuck me. Fuck me good and sideways. Honestly, I would've liked it better if she could die permanently, because I'd take my run over useless little Katri any time. But I can't, so we can wave all those levels goodbye. Good, that's good, great. Nice. Fuck you too, RNGoddess. I should've known something smelled rotten when the second skeleton missed her. The RNGoddess would've never allowed me to get away with such great luck. Blistering barnacles, man!

That's the update, folks. Katri screwed everything up. Next time we do it all over again. Joy. Farewell, will you?

Death count: --

Reset count: 2 (Runan: 1 - Katri: 1)

Dullahan's done with my incompetence: 1

This, this is what happens when you don't bring mUh BeSt CaV Arkis onto a story map, anyway, hard luck my dude, fuel up an a comforting stick of butter and try again later m'kay. 

The rest of this his post is for Arkis only so if the rest of you guys could just leave

Spoiler

Hey arkis if you start to get good levels the Ruben will have the big lose

Being basically a copy of Xeno makes Attrom looks so damn disposable. Holmes' also already got Shigen, who is very functionally similar Xeno too. So I did the amazingly stupid decision to not restart when he kicked the bucket on this map. I sure ended up regretting that. Especially with staff users in this game being so damn easy to miss.

I seem to have an odd habit of being one of the first people present when you post an update, yet I'm always in a situation where I have to comment later.

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It never does point them out, no. What can I say, I don't feel like the typos ruin my LPs or anything, and it's very time-consuming to proofread the whole update. I'm lazy, sorry. Besides, sometimes the typos actually add to the whole thing. Look no further than the time everyone was losing their heads because I said Mouse destroyed the city of Nolzeria.

I wonder if you have it turned off or not. And I see what you mean about them adding, rather than detracting, to the lets play, so I don't have much reason to complain.

Underrated, the prequels are. Dank, the memes I find to be. High ground, I have the. But, the droid attack on the wookies, what about? Say, to this I: HATE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUU, I!

On the prequels, neutral, I am. Moments of great stupidity and genius, they have both. Awesome, the memes are, I agree.

It is a pretty common typi, alongside mistaking your for you're.

You made a typo in a comment about typos.

Sooooo a selling point of the Taguel is that you can have them stop being Taguel? Fucking A, man. That's some good class balancing right there.

A few points:

A. The taguel (it's lowercase. I found that out when looking up the lore myself) more useful in the early game, before most of your units are promoted. The six move remains pretty useful until it becomes the standard, and ignoring the weapon triangle is a double-edged sword with obvious pros and cons. Usually, I use Panne as much as I can in the mid game, and then reclass her once she starts to fall behind.

B. The recalssing options of both Panne and Yarne highlight how reclassing can be done right. With the skills of either class line, they can become masters of movement and/or  offensive powerhouses

C. There's the solid strategy of reclassing them out of the taguel class once they start to fall behind, give them some stat and skill boosts from other calassins, and then make them a taguel again. As mentioned earlier, they have an anti-beast skill, and that becomes especially useful in the mid to late game.

D. They aren't as reliant on their stat boosts as the manaketes are, who in comparison start out with stats in the single digits (with the exception of Tiki).

Now that's an amazing gif if I've ever seen one.

What he's reacting to  is just as hilarious.

Here they're rather shit. How curious.

Halberds were the last melee weapon to be used alongside firearms, and for good reason. They are a versatile weapon with several different ways to attack the enemy, and because it could work as a spear,  an inexperienced wielder could still do some damage with it.

Is it bad that it took me a moment to understand what this was all about? I actually scrolled down like mad because I thought I'd accidentally gone back to the last update's replies.

This got a solid laugh out of me, so no.

Still lastin', too. Famous last words?

Not a bad line to return to dust with.

Style choices. The artist for TRS (who also did the art for Thracia I'm pretty sure) actually died not long ago. That's a related fact, isn't it?

That's an interesting, if random, tidbit. May they rest in peace.

That's nothing, have you been reading the FE12 LP like you said you would? If so, have you made it to Camus and Nyna's Chronicle chapter? Because things get rather violent there.

I admit that might be a while. I've been focused on completing college work lately (which is mostly independent studies and out of class work this semester), and I like to focus on reading and commenting on something like this first when I have the free time.

Also, I am impressed that that is not the most violent thing that you have done. Now as for that assholes fate...

Juni isn't so bad either. Katri's a nice girl, Garo originally came from Holmes's crew and he's good... it's just that the assholes are so obnoxious, they make themselves look like they're the majority. Huh. Kinda like in real life.

Fair point.

Hey, one doesn't hit girls. It's a shitty thing to do.

Hey, if feminists are whining about wanting "equality", they have to take the bad with the good.

So next time she's on a bridge, push her off and we'll just pretend it was an accident.

I would be okay with this plan, except with your luck, this would happen instead.

She does, yes. Why?

So it really was was nothing but a recolor.

Wouldn't it be called "badladaaaaad", then?

Because the lad was half mad, in the sense that he had a funny way of thinking, and combined things out of order.

They're both Mercenaries with ropes they never use, too. I think I sense a connection here...

Did they think they were going to be part of a sci fi themed DnD game, then told it was a point and click adventure game, then it told it was a fantasy game instead? I can understand their confusion and why they didn't bother to change things.

For some reason, I'm reminded of the opening minutes of The Fifth Element, where I initially thought it would be a combination of Indiana Jones and Star Wars. Instead, it was a disappointing sci fi flick that was literally written by a 13 year old.

It's gonna be a while before we get back to Runan, I'm afraid, so we'll have to get used to it.

Thank you for the warning.

I prefer that one to the naked loli, honestly.

Wait, do you mean what Danyi said, or what I put?

Anyway, the joke is more significant and funnier anyway when you see how the guy normally plays Hitman. To say Mike does not have a stelthy bone in his body is the understatement of the century.

Attrom's basically Xeno with slightly better bases and growths, but slightly worse availability. He gains Sol at level 15 and Lethality later on, which is a slightly better skillset than Xeno's. His supports are actually a little worse than Xeno's, with all of them being healers who definitely shouldn't be frontlining like him. Really, he's just Xeno all over again with some minor advantages and disadvantages. I like him better if only because I prefer his design, but that's about it.

Huh, so they have more in common that holding onto rope they never use and having sci-fi inspired names.

I'll be disappointed if they aren't support buddies.

Okay, time to get going. Roger, get us started!

You forgot the "The".

GTKpNUu.png

Even Julia can kill-- never mind, she can't double. Siiiiigh...

Why are you using her again?

DYcyggl.png

AH CRIT! NOOHOOOO!

...It's a one percent crit.

Forget the horsemen, I think that FE6 gave you a phobia of enemy crit rates.

BEYgFGF.pngRUZ4zlV.pngrfcuRs9.png

Two things:

1. The shieldblade is red, so does that mean that the sith of this universe are ironically good at defending instead of letting loose?

2. Are the sellswords using one form of the Mordhau technique?

KABOOM!

It looks like The Roger chopped the pirates head in half with the first swing. The stab was just overkill.

lHVq4Wg.png

This arrow hit, by the way. Not only is it being fired backwards, it also just barely grazes its target. Holmes, get a grip, you're supposed to be a great archer!

Holmes seemed to do the "shoot apple off head" trick, but forgot that there was no apple, and that the head was a few inches lower.

Attrom's defense worries me, but with the shieldblade, he'll be invincible, unless I get unlucky.

Oh God what was I thinking, he could easily die, I must take care never to take such chances again.

I love these two sentences.

It summarizes so much.

Best watch out for this guy. He doesn't have much attack, but that brave crossbow could do a number on my weaker units

Random observation, but does this mean that the brave bow is an automatic crossbow that is seen in fiction yet probably wouldn't work so well in real life?

8SZfqB0.pngW3v4top.pngFaOGPYI.png

You know, if there's one thing that saves Julia, it's her supports. Look at that dodge!

Ah. So that's why you're keeping her.

ZcdJsut.png

What the heck is that? Why is this man white, as in, bleach white? Why do his robes' decorations look so out of place? He's just wearing a basic Bad Guy Black Robe with friggin' stained glass on top of it! Or is it a time vortex slapped on some cloth? Clashing styles much?

Why is discount Palpatine here?

yYXsoFC.pngSomeone with shared interests. Among the companions of that pirate Holmes, there's a priestess with red hair. Bring her to me, and I will reward you.

That love both the detail and the intentional suckiness of this portrait.

Shame he's probably going to die.

ciDy8aH.pngWell... It was either kill 'em or take 'em prisoner anyway, so... Sure! I can do that. Pleasure doing business with you.

I don't think this guy is genre-savvy. People like Discount Palatine usually kill the expendable people they hired both to keep the reward and to leave no witnesses.

vU9rCtz.png

He can't even fight, either, just summon skeletons... oh, well. It's free experience, I won't question it.

So, he's the games first cantor. And unlike in Gaiden/Echoes, he's not introduced alone so you get an idea of how they work.

Considering that the staffs have limited uses, I'm reminded of the pros and cons discussion we had some time back.

Shigen's so much better than his sister, it's rather saddening.

Wait, Shigen has a sister?

0rqVzVr.png

Duck, you bumbling bimbo, DUCK!

Oh no...

3ZdqOx1.png

Boooooooff... haaaaaahhh... good, good. I'm proud of you, girl.

How many people dodge in this game just by looking away from their opponent?

zoNMT4C.png

OF COURSE, AND TRANSFORMING DIDN'T HEAL HER! NO! NO! NO WAY! THAT CAN'T BE RIGHT! THAT'S CHEATING, DORUK'S FUCKING CHEATING! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO--

...And these are the downsides of the dragon transformations in this game.

XT9eMcS.png

Ssshhhii... urgh.

1qvy0CJ.png

Our second death...

...Was a character that resets the map. Joy.

You know what? I think I'm done. Any sort of bullshit way to lose in FE, you name it, I've probably endured it. Death by being too bad at fighting, death by being too good at fighting, death by crits, death by effective damage, death by reinforcements, death by enemies recruiting themselves at the worst time, death by a single enemy in the entire map being worse than the rest of his peers so that Hugh would double him and only him, death by long-ranged attacks, death by seemingly-uncrossable terrain being crossable, death by Horsemen randomly being able to raid villages...

It's not even just in my LPs, either: some time after FE6, I played FE11 with my friends, and you know what happened? Palla died when she and Catria recruited themselves by talking to Marth WHILE HE WAS HELPING KEEP A SNIPER PINNED AGAINST A WALL!

That... is a long list.

I'm actually impressed.

It was also called Dire Thunder there? I can't remember that. Then again, I read that LP so long ago... I can't wait for a good translation to come out so I can finally play the game properly.

Thracia still stands as the blight on my record with the Fire Emblem games just because I keep waiting on a translation that never comes. Kind of like the CD-i Zeldas stand as a blight on my record with that series. On the flip side, I actually got to play Hotel Mario once. It's not as bad as people say if you go in expecting something closer to the Mario Bros. arcade in quality than Super Mario World

Y O W I E

What does the Australian Bigfoot have to do with this?

Ah, it's been too long since we saw Maruj's hilarious plane animations.

Let the air raid sirens blare.

kUYFEUf.png

I could kill Doruk already, but I believe I'd rather have him waste his entire skeleton staff for the experience.

Here the error was made.

I remember my Ironman of Shadow Dragon, which went swimmingly (no deaths)... up until I forgot to give a second key to the team I sent off to free Xane. This resulted in him deciding to recruit himself at the start of enemy phase while Marth had several enemies he could survive attacking him... but Xane had no chance in hell and ended up dead before I could control him. Fortunately I had no plans of using him, and despite a really close call with Tiki at Medon's border, I was able to bring him back due to lack of other options.

All I know about Irish fairies is that they speak funny, they live in rainbows and like cooking gold, but not eating it. Irish guys are weird.

Pretty sure that's just leprechauns. Fairies in Irish lore are varied a lot. Some full blown abducting children as food. Not exactly the type you'd want to trust to heal Link in some incarnations. Others will put powerful curses on you just for breaking a ring of mushrooms or stepping in a circle of stones.

I had a thought. What if one of the hooded figures was a Martel that proved "too brilliant (read dumb, as he could not comprehend he was fatally wounded) to die" returned for a dastardly nonsensical plan of vengeance against people who weren't actually involved directly in his demise because he's so drastically stupid he thinks the most direct way of harming Roy, who he blames for his death, is to attack his ally, Matthis, who is "less well guarded". That'd be comedy gold. Also it'd have the fringe benefit of debunking any jokes about two Martels having the same name.

Edited by Mad-manakete

It completely slipped my mind to comment on the last part but I didn't have much to say anyway except what the fuck Alicia

I also meant to clarify this. The old Thracia patch (I haven't played it myself, but I used Mekkkah's Thracia Ironman LP on YouTube as a reference - check that out if you haven't, by the way, it's a good playthrough) called it DaimThun (Daim Thunder; I'm assuming it had to be shortened due to hacking limitations at the time), which is more accurate to ダイムサンダー (Daimusandā in rōmaji) but, on the other hand, doesn't mean anything. The name Dire Thunder did originate in Heroes (hence why I mentioned Heroes to begin with), and it's one of the translation decisions Heroes made that I agree with.

Brenthunder, by the way, is a pretty direct translation of ブレンサンダ (Burensanda).

I think the only axe infantry I haven't used in the GBA games is FE7!Bartre. Take that as you will.

also, not using FE7 Bartre is good taste

FE7 completely defiles Bartre as both a character and unit and he alone counts for 3 games of bad Fighters

ZcdJsut.png

Oh hi Gharnef.

RWyDFwj.png

Katri, when do I get to bench you?

In some sense I like the fact that Katri is unbenchable and a game over character (at least for right now, I don't know if that changes because I don't have first-hand experience with this game) because it ensures that Holmes always has a healer no matter how badly things turn out, but on the other hand...

CMTYQdU.png

And now, I can also say I've experienced death by turning back into a helpless cleric just in time for a skeleton to randomly spawn on top of you!

Fuck me. Fuck me good and sideways. Honestly, I would've liked it better if she could die permanently, because I'd take my run over useless little Katri any time. But I can't, so we can wave all those levels goodbye. Good, that's good, great. Nice. Fuck you too, RNGoddess. I should've known something smelled rotten when the second skeleton missed her. The RNGoddess would've never allowed me to get away with such great luck. Blistering barnacles, man!

That's the update, folks. Katri screwed everything up. Next time we do it all over again. Joy. Farewell, will you?

...yeah.

I'd say there's a message to be learned about not getting too greedy when farming reinforcements for experience, but that would be a bit mean right now.

3 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

Wait, Shigen has a sister?

See here:

On 12/30/2018 at 5:38 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

HAh2rZH.pngI didn't know you'd left the isle as well! Never thought our old man would allow it.

vebK9SH.pngHe wasn't happy about it, of course.

It's mentioned elsewhere that Shigen was adopted, but in any case, Shigen and Julia were raised as siblings.

On 1/22/2019 at 10:49 PM, Hawkwing said:

That's where the Duck of Doom went!

17 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It wasn't in the old patch, but I'm pretty sure Dire Thunder was the consensus before they were in Heroes too.

19 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's my main concern, if it made money, that's all that matters to Ninty. I ain't gonna buy three full-priced games, nor one third of a game, so I sure hope they behave.

It would get some serious backlash if it did. Especially if that was the next bit of info to come out after 7 months of silence.

It's not exactly the braid, but the metal tip of it. It makes it look like a shoelace. But that isn't the problem either, it's the really modern-looking earring. Not only that, but his face has something that just screams XXIst century to me. I can't really explain it.

That first part's also not inaccurate (though not exactly a European thing), 

After he died?!

He was able to get to it in the fort while dying? Look I don't know, his being alive's on the devs.

Exactly.

It's a shame I took so long to reply, I really should demonstrate it.

What do you mean, dragons are not dragons? You high?

This is just the same as Butz, eh?

Are you kidding me? After three LPs, would you seriously bet your money on me being even slightly catholic? I don't even know three commandments! I don't know a single prayer! It's been years since I last set foot in a church! C'mon!

I dunno, lapsed Catholic might be the largest in Eurpoe at this point.

You mean this way of speaking is actually normal somewhere in the world? Man, you guys from Iran are really weird. That joke's almost as old as the Dr. Wahwee video itself. Still love it tho.

Don't be dissin Cork boi!

(Trust me you need to hear that spoken to get the effect)

Did I just watch a naked loli throwing ducks at a dragon while moaning?

...y'know, I think getting out is not enough, I need to uninstall the game before I am put in a watchlist.

1. Wearing a towel (Not much better)

2. There's a word for that moan (I do not know off the top of my head)

3. Your call, I'm not judging. Honestly, I didn't even get into the real matter of the salt like Camilla No. 6 (even if she's free) or it being another Fates Royals alt banner. Not even 8-ab Ryoma could save it.

He's like Obi-Wan, except he enables Maruj. As well he should.

"Go to the Dagon Bah system."

"Why?"

"Dagon's there. Go and kick his head a bit."

Your Bizarro Sacae lore's so good. I'm glad I made that joke/test update back in the day.

I really need to find better hints, Lot was an obvious link.

And no, Port Mars is just too obvious for a reference to the FE OVA, so probably not.

Holmes? Holmes definitely needs it.

Yeah, he really does. 

jLqUOqU.png

Among the crowd, we can find this person.

HP 70% - Strength 40% - Skill 50% - Speed 45% - Defense 20% - Magic 5% - Luck 20% - Mastery 30%

Man, Alm's fallen on hard times.

At least he has some family though.

18 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

KABOOM!

So you're telling me crits are magic in Lieberia.

There has to some way to make them triggerable.

yU9aIuo.png

Well... it's magic, I guess.

Reinhardt must be sitting back muttering "Good, good" in the background.

It seems like what that dastardly villain would do.

1td8jEp.png

Nice, and some defense, too! I like it. Thanks, Lion.

I can't wait to see another movement.

ZcdJsut.png

A really bizarre cloth that reflects light weirdly?

Are we sure Lieberia's not post-apocalyptic?

vU9rCtz.png

Dork's a bit of an idiot.

4HxfkmO.png

Lovely. I like it, thanks.

At least Attralm's trying.

ZjOudwA.png4DPrpYH.pngAVz1rAD.png

Turn into a dragon, just to be safe!

Well, if there's one way to raise defence, it's becoming a big Fuck Off dragon.

QluF206.png

Hohohohohohohoh, amazing! No offensive stats makes me sad, but look at that defense! She just keeps on going!

Est, move over?

sEPjqxZ.png

Look. New Holmes portrait. How nice.

He just looks like Katri spilled milk and he's disappointed about it.

Reset count: 2 (Runan: 1 - Katri: 1)

And so it continues.

(Did Katri have a herb? Or a fruit?)

For people that played Gaiden or Echoes it might be worth noting that the skeletons didn't spawn where it did because of obstructed spaces. It's not like in Gaiden where monsters spawn as close to the caster as possible. Here it's entirely normal for summoned monsters to spawn a few tiles from the caster. So it's best to keep some distance until you can swoop in for the kill.

You know? I should really start reviewing what I wrote before I post. Even if I'm tired and don't want to deal with SF's "prove you aren't a robot" thing, it's better than seeing all the spelling errors in hindsight.

Anyway:

13 hours ago, Ruminant said:

See here:

On 12/30/2018 at 5:38 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

HAh2rZH.pngI didn't know you'd left the isle as well! Never thought our old man would allow it.

vebK9SH.pngHe wasn't happy about it, of course.

It's mentioned elsewhere that Shigen was adopted, but in any case, Shigen and Julia were raised as siblings.

I see. Thank you. Kinda hard to keep track of all the relations when you aren't playing the game itself.

7 hours ago, Dayni said:

That's where the Duck of Doom went!

Ey! Another Munchkin player (I hope)!

7 hours ago, BrightBow said:

For people that played Gaiden or Echoes it might be worth noting that the skeletons didn't spawn where it did because of obstructed spaces. It's not like in Gaiden where monsters spawn as close to the caster as possible. Here it's entirely normal for summoned monsters to spawn a few tiles from the caster. So it's best to keep some distance until you can swoop in for the kill.

Interesting. I suppose we'll have to wait and see whether that change was for the better or not.