Chaos reigns when I take the reins! - Let's play Tear Ring saga, Ironman mode, while being terrible at Fire Emblem!

Saint Rubenio

On 3/16/2019 at 10:01 AM, Mad-manakete said:

Well, Duma's Echoes variation... Gaiden... well, I'm never going to forget this slime-beast being a "God".  Feels more like a HP Lovecraft character if you ask me.

Honestly, I always found the original Duma to be a cross between a spider, a cooked chicken, and a lizard. While being covered in slime, having a retractable eyeball, and some seashells and bones jammed in there for some reason. Don't know if that made it less or more disturbing.

On a different note, I'm glad that they enhanced Duma's attacks animation-wise in Echoes. Every single one of them looks more threatening and powerful than they were in the original gaiden. Although they did add a death yell when before he went immediately into saying his poetic last words, and for some reason Alm listened to him speak while standing on slime in midair in the original.

Funner fact: By pure coincidence, the character Ragman, who I corrupted the cover of to make Bagman, found out in the 90s limited series his costume was a golem made of rags in Warsaw to fight against the invading Germans. He ended up fighting the famous golem of prague in that series. Though rock and clay are the most common substances for a Golem, there have been tales of the use of other substances, and thanks to D&D & Castlevania takes such as the "Iron Golem" or the "Flesh Golem" (which isn't that far off being the Frankenstein monster when you think about it). Most takes on the golem forget the part where they have a word included on their forehead which translates from the hebrew emet to "truth". The erasure of the first letter turns it to "met", or "dead", rendering the golem inert in the event it is necessary. Of note, in the Talmud, it is claimed Adam was initially a Golem prior to being given a soul. Mind, none of this is hard to turn up knowledge-wise. The process on creating one is a bit more obscure, and useless to any who doesn't know the hidden names of the hebrew God. It's kind of a rule of the supernatural everything has a catch

Amazing what you can learn from a single search. I'll take their authenticity with a grain of salt, but it could explain some things.

I just want to see Kieran's supports with Rhys from Path of Radiance fully animated. Like Echoes Cutscene animated. Bonus points if the axe he lodges in his head is the devil axe.

As in, Echoes actual cutscenes, their strangely poor in-game model ones, or the normal support conversations?

16 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In all honesty, this week's being worse. I've 4 exams and I didn't study for half of them. Though, to be fair, one of them's impossible to study with our teacher, so we just go and hope he makes it easy on us.

I understand having both several exams at once and having to deal with poor study guides. Work through it, both smart and hard, and you can make it through.

Or maybe he'll have a fight with Holmes in a Tunnel of Love and he'll break his own neck.

Ey! I remember that comic! Was the first Batman one I read, too. I was so young that a crap ton of things flew over my head (Like, I thought the smoke bomb that appeared near the very end of the book was the same one Joker was talking about back when Two-Face reappeared). I've reread it a few times since then. I found it okay, although I do understand why it made Frank Miller popular.

Anachronic Glasses Mom sounds kinda awesome, even if he doesn't look like she belongs.

Admittedly, I did enhance Miriel's second quote (although she still does say that she's not going to die there, and will instead dedicate the rest of her life to science). Even if she's not my favorite character in the game, I still enjoy her often humorous interactions with others as well as noticing the subtle differences between Miriel and her son. That said, I can understand why they're not really popular characters, owning to their speech patterns, Miriel not really developing in supports, and the differences between her and Laurent are, again, subtle, which works both for and against them.

They're both good unit-wise, even if Laurent is a bit redundant by the time you get him.

It's not even a product, it's a free program.

Even better! Let's hope my laptop actually likes it, because it hates downloading anything.

This is how you get Runan to smile.

E9eahqdq o

Is that my lowest effort edit or what?

On the one hand, I don't understand this reference.

On the other hand, that means it's open for interpretation, and I'm cool with that.

...goodness gracious.

I know what you're saying. How many times have I gushed over Arran? I don't think even 30% of the people reading care about him at all, yet I find him to be one of the greatest characters in all of FE, so here we are.

I understand where you're coming from when I learned elsewhere why he's a Jeigan in Mystery of the Emblem. Need to actually play the games to see if I'll care about him as a unit, but as a character, I'm interested in how the games do him justice.

Nah, what you need is another game. I recommend Hotline Miami, but only if you have thick skin.

Eh, I looked at Hotline Miami, and I don't think it's a game for me. I have played the web game "SUPER HOTline Miami" (short but fun game, by the way), so I can understand the appeal. However, it's not so much the violence or difficult gameplay as much as the "sometimes it seemed to have been made on drugs" part of the game. There's a certain kind of "weird" I enjoy, and I don't think it fits that category.

Why creepy? Because I snuck into some guy's house and cut the power so he wouldn't force me to give Arkis a level?

Nah, just the Pengaius avatar being uncanny.

...And yeah, you sneaking into someone house to kill their power over a videogame is disturbing, if you actually did that. But that was the realm of fiction, (or whatever memes are) and I'd know you'd never do that in real life.

...Right?

I like how the D&D talk eventually turned into Bagman talk.

Never underestimate the power of unassuming objects in the land of tabletop gaming.

> dirt

> actually terrible scars that he suffered in multiple, nearly deadly encounters.

Oh... well then...

Guess that, uh, answers my question why it seemed he never took a shower...

Top 3 people who are going to hell.

1- Arkis ("do you have holes for eyes?")

2- Sid ("Margaret will wish she was dead")

3- You ("dirt")

Honorable mentions: me ("I KILLED THEM ALL! ALL 50~ PEOPLE WHO HAVE DIED ON ME!")

My sincere apologies.

Oh, for shame, Vader! Obi Wan's the Master of Trolling, not you, so stop trying to upstage him and just accept your place as the Master... at Getting Caught!

Very funny.

Sqzlr089 o

I know it's not GBA, shut up.

Eh, I won't complain. Even if I was expecting them to look more like this:

Spoiler

Image result for mount and blade meme

I love this meme so much. Especially when you tell people it's from a T rated game.

Bonus:

Image result for mount and blade meme

And once again, the thank you's and you're welcomes.

0zfd96rn o How long has it been? Not counting the replies, of course... one, two, three... 10 seconds? And he's already begun to attack one of his allies for no good reason. Perfect.

I would not be surprised if his record is two seconds. Three, if I'm being generous.

Zldpzub4 o

Cpz3qysn oIt's rude to interrupt, Richard.

Someone get this guy sunglasses. He earned them.

0zfd96rn o So Tia is off to some Earth Shrine with Richard as her one and only companion. And there's a high chance Guenchaos will be there to meet them. No way that's going to end badly, nooo sire.

I would rejoice that Richard would get what's coming to him, if it weren't for the very likely chance of collateral damage.

B4cp2kin oNo, just leave them. If they were able to make it this far, they'll be able to find their way out.

This guy has only spoken twice, and we already have a solid idea of his personality. I don't know what to make of that.

0zfd96rn o Is this dialogue being physically painful for anybody else?

I see where you're coming from, but I burst aloud in laughter instead the first time I read that.

G9mxkebu o

Hmmm, the gameplay/story integration of this will be most interesting...

Weupyjnh o4cjheoll o

Zachariah? That's John the Baptists father (although my Bible calls it Zechariah). His wife, Elizabeth, was barren, but an angle of the Lord appeared to Zechariah one day and said they would have a son, and his name would be John. Because Zechariah questioned how this would be so, the angel, Gabriel, made him silent and unable to speak. When the baby was born, people wanted to name him after his father, but Elizabeth said the child's name would be John. When they asked Zechariah what the name should be, he wrote "His name is John" on a tablet, and immediately he could speak again.

...So why does a random boss have this name?

Avxszvsw o

0zfd96rn o Another new character. That's a girl, a girl called... I can't remember, but everyone calls her Bud. She has a weird graphical glitch (notice that weird chunk of flesh next to her right hand? What's up with that?). She's... forgettable, really.

She's also wise enough to keep a bag in this universe. I would also say that KDIF because she's a thief with a bag in their portrait... except then we may get into FE1 did it first because technically thieves always had bags.

8hjyjt84 oYep, I think he'll heal up fine. His name's Rishel. He's out for a walk right now.

A wonderful hodgepodge of portraits that I'm not complaining about.

P1zzgcas o I love how he attempts to sound all hip and cool and easy-going while attempting to conscript a guy who apparently was almost dead just yesterday. Two lines, and Ahab's already miles better than anything else in Holmes's route. Including Holmes

This is a pretty hilarious scene. I wonder if he's going to keep up the act or drop it when Rishel inevitably refuses.

4usshout o

P1zzgcas o This is Rishel. He's fancy.

He also doesn't take anyone's crap, apparently.

0zfd96rn o Am I the only one to whom this line strikes as odd? Rishel says he's been with Bud for the past two years, but Narcus talks about "finding him half-drowned in the river like that", among other things that seem to imply that he's only been with Bud for a couple weeks, tops. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure Rishel having been here for all two years completely screws up the timeline. Then again, Tear Ring Saga is so confusing with its subplots sometimes, it could be that I'm the one making a mistake here.

Maybe Bud and Rishel have know each other for a while, but Narcus hasn't, and Bud was pretending that he was some random nobody they're just helping out? This is an odd thing to add, though.

0zfd96rn o Oh, boy, even more problems. They left "months" ago... to find the guy who disappeared 2 years ago. Why wait a year and half to go look for him? This'd work so much better if he had been gone for a couple months or something along those lines. That'd have been a perfectly reasonable timeframe for Meriel to travel to Mahl, Renee to get caught by Maerchen, and Rishel and Narcus to use terms like "she must be worried sick about me" and "I expected to see his gravestone outside when I came back". If they really have been looking for Rishel for months, it's kinda baffling that noone's found him yet, considering he's spent the last two years in the city right next to Blaad.

Only a few lines in, and I take it that the timing of this is already more screwed up that Entels "three days (or was it months?)" thing.

Vikzdotd o

0zfd96rn o He could be alone and still kick the asses of all your men. Maybe not you, though.

An aspect of the series that the writers have a difficult time addressing.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 17/03/2019 at 10:22 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, I should probably have given you a more psycopathic smile. I kinda forgot about the time you made death puns for literally all of my FE6 deaths in the midst of making you into a sort of buttery abomination with a scarf.

I'm sentient butter Ruben, I don't have teeth to smile

Top 3 people who are going to hell.

1- Arkis ("do you have holes for eyes?")

Arkis doesn't define people by their disabilities, and treats them just as equally as able bodied people; admittedly he's kind of a prick, but hey equality!

Another new character. That's a girl, a girl called... I can't remember, but everyone calls her Bud. She has a weird graphical glitch (notice that weird chunk of flesh next to her right hand? What's up with that?). She's... forgettable, really.

You mean her elbow or the end of the bag covering part of her arm?

next chapter's pathetic in terms of difficulty.

This looks like a job for Arkis and all 3 of the weapons he can wield

3 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Arkis at base can already wield no less then 4 weapons actually: Slim Sword, Iron Sword, Scimitar and Slim Lance.

2 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Arkis at base can already wield no less then 4 weapons actually: Slim Sword, Iron Sword, Scimitar and Slim Lance.

N-Nani FOUR WEAPONS Ruben, you must harness his awesome power

On 3/19/2019 at 7:51 PM, BrightBow said:
On 3/19/2019 at 5:39 PM, Pengaius said:

You know, even Arkis thinks he is no good as a knight.

I' m sure that'll be wrote off as humility. I'll admit, I'd like to see Arkis in the updates as a semi-regular comic relief who accidentally insults other characters by accident. But we could always start just... editing those sequences, I mean, if Ruben isn't going to do it.... and if I had a better grasp of the characters so I could do it.

On 3/19/2019 at 1:01 AM, Hawkwing said:

Amazing what you can learn from a single search. I'll take their authenticity with a grain of salt, but it could explain some things.

Just going to note that I'd known the stuff previously. My point is it's all fairly common knowledge of Golems and would presumably found easily, even if admittedly my research in the field was more text based. I had an interest in monsters as a child, and as a result I took to classic, monster-related literature young. When the Hunchback of Notre Dame released, I failed to appreciate the Disney version as a child because of the alterations to aspects of the story. Most kids in my second grade class were baffled by my claims the ending was all wrong and Esmeralda and Quasimodo were deceased in the true version of events. But it wasn't enough that I knew the fiction. I started reading into reality young as well. Again, my second grade class were traumatized by an assignment, an oral presentation on ancient Egypt, that I gave, when I gave a detailed description of the embalming process... which no-one was quite sure how I'd came to know, given this was before I had ever used the internet. My mother always used that as an example of my skill at research. Regardless, the fascination with the unknown and mythical remained, and over the years I learned much. I can tell you of a Russian spell that will allegedly make the user a werewolf, without the difficulties of surviving an encounter with one. Or of the incredibly different Panther of Medieval European Legend which was used as a name for the black variations of several big cats. I can tell you of the Basilisk and Cockatrice, and the translation error that resulted in the two becoming considered interchangeable despite differences. I could even tell you of a creature that, according to legend, detailed discussion of it makes you a potential victim to it if certain precautions aren't taken (ergo that point is vague on the off chance the legend is true). Point is, I like knowing this stuff, even if certain precautions should be considered. Like that vague line.

On 3/19/2019 at 1:01 AM, Hawkwing said:

As in, Echoes actual cutscenes, their strangely poor in-game model ones, or the normal support conversations?

Actual cutscenes. Because the notion of a fully animated "Kieran juggles weapons including an axe that may be the devil axe and lodges it in his own head by axe-ident" would kill me. Because the Devil Axe/killed by a wall videos of Whoisthisgit's were ultimately why I started playing Fire Emblem in the first place, and therefore I have this inane obsession with it. Which was only helped the first time I played New Mystery and a Roro double offed himself by a backfire, resulting in a humorous fadeout as he energetically returned to his starting position. Most unfitting for a death, but great for comedy.

I need to stop writing paragraphs, but it's so hard.

7 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:
On 19/3/2019 at 10:51 AM, BrightBow said:
On 19/3/2019 at 8:39 AM, Pengaius said:

I' m sure that'll be wrote off as humility. I'll admit, I'd like to see Arkis in the updates as a semi-regular comic relief who accidentally insults other characters by accident. But we could always start just... editing those sequences, I mean, if Ruben isn't going to do it.... and if I had a better grasp of the characters so I could do it.

Thinking about it... Rody and Lance (the other green cavaliers) were decently important characters in the last LPs (the former as comic relief, the latter having been "miracolously saved" when Roy died, cancelling his own death). Could this truly be Arkis' destiny? To make a fool of himself for the rest of eternity? To tell dirty jokes and pull stupid pranks on Kreiss (and Leteena once she joins)?

... Yeah, probably.

Part 41 - Really boring chapter.

Reppies:

Spoiler
On 17/3/2019 at 11:44 PM, eclipse said:

Try not to kill Norton/Tom on the next map! :P:

That's easily done, seeing how only one of them is with Holmes and the other's my tankiest unit.

On 18/3/2019 at 12:07 AM, BrightBow said:

Blaad is gonna be in trouble without Frau and Sun to protect it.

Oh yeah, that's definitely the issue at hand. They would've singlehandedly protected the town if they'd been here.

On 18/3/2019 at 1:36 AM, Dayni said:

Honestly, I think the hate on for Faye isn't even because of her character (which isn't helped by the one line that allows everyone to make jokes about her being a full-blown yandere).

Then what is it? Is it because she's pointless? Why don't we get countless threads complaining about Kris, the-- oh...

FE12 gets too much bad rep, I swear. And it's all fucking Pretzel's fault, as usual.

Maybe so, but I was implying he wasn't thinking about it even before he was literally saddled with a kid and forced to go into hiding.

Yeah, well, maybe Mycen's just gay, what's the problem with that? Let us ship Leon and Mycen now. Uhh... Myl... Mylon...? Melen-- Melee...? Lece... Lecen... Listen?

Hey Listen!

Okay, works. That's my fav ship from now on, Listen.

Honestly I doubt it, it doesn't seem like the kind of detail Kaga would worry about for this story.

I highly doubt it'll be addressed, but hey, let's hang on to hope!

And with that makes more sense as to why he has his supporters.

Well, I'm told people tend to find other people who agree with them to be very reasonable. That's a big reason as to why he has those supporters of his.

Least Nergal had interesting characters directly under his employ.

I've got to give you that one. This game does have the most ridiculous case of portrait recycling since FE1, and that's saying a lot.

Of course.

Yeah, I think I need to make a change.

And a change you made. To yet another thing that I can't really identify you by. You and Hawkwing make it too hard for me to make memes of you! Why can't you be easy, like Butterman?

I mean, he can't have been as bad on his first time as Eliwood.

I am only somewhat sorry for that one.

That was low. I like it.

Okay, fine, everything else is bad. I just didn't want to draw attention to everything else.

Well, I want. Fuck Alicia, she's crappy and deserves no fangirls like Maruj.

Clearly you've never had a Legendary Super Sain.

I've had multiple Legendary Super Matthises. How about that?

I thought that could be it too.

Well, it was.

Why does only his class gets low reductions when dismounted?

Because Kreiss is awesome and so is Raffin even if I'm not using

If you'd actually use Samson.

Yeah, well, that ain't happening. I've got all the axes I could ever need in Garo.

Oh right, I keep on forgetting to call it Helswath.

There are S.W.A.T. in Hell?

Yeah, it's an old name.

I gathered as much.

Something Kaga must have said to himself when he had to cut the other route about it's likely protagonist.

Damnit, Kaga...

I don't think he realises how much trickier that got earlier.

Maybe he's hoping Holmes just dies. I know he doesn't know Holmes, but even if I didn't I'm sure I'd still hope he was dead.

Plot armour.

Ruben's robe is just lined with it I suppose.

Don't tempt me. I'm more than capable of killing myself, and you know it.

...that, uh, that came out wrong.

Least it's some enthusiasm.

Yeah...

Happy Dorothy thief.

I am on board with this, let's make it for a PME.

Be sure to credit me!

Ahab's edit is also nice.

Yeah, I too liked how it came up.

So wait, 2 years?

That doesn't sound right. Are we sure that Narcus hasn't lied to him about him being missing this long. As to why, I couldn't tell you.

It's Narcus. He was probably worrying about his hair while Bud was telling him about Rishel.

Maybe it's the general?

Nah, can't be.

Dbx3ryio o

Hahahahah that made me laugh.

Ah Holmes, that's about the usual. But that's a bit harsh.

Typical Holmes. Come to think about it, though, maybe I should've had Arkis pop out of nowhere to say that line...

That's imply he tripped before the journey back.

Ah, we'll find out...

On 18/3/2019 at 12:38 PM, Mad-manakete said:

Guess it's an Axe-is power.

I did nazi that one coming. Glad I didn't too, it made me laugh.

Like Runan's?

Noone deserves a smile like Runan's.

I should have ALotted a few puns an update. Given he was so useful the first time I played Binding Blade, it would have been the least I could have done.

Well, to be fair, I'm glad most people took him seriously. I remember how everybody but the greatest memelords around was taken aback by Lot's hilarious power.

That'd require going back. Actually, I wonder if the whole incident was why the offer I had to work setting up experiments was retracted when I applied for it later. Might explain something.

Of course they wouldn't take in the acid-drinking maniac! What did you expect?

That wouldn't explain the screenshots, the fact it subsequently happened to me on the same damn chapter forcing me to take the stat-booster I didn't intend to get, and the fact I've read Wyvern reinforcements (specifically reinforcements) of all things can also destroy the town you get Michalis at, meaning some units other than thieves can in game. I'll even source that. https://www.fireemblemwod.com/fe12/guia/ENG_capitulo-21.htm

Huh... so a dragon reinforcement can destroy Michalis's village, and that one pesky Horseman who triggered years of PTSD induced nightmares was also a reinforcement... I think we can safely conclude that it's a glitch having to do with reinforcements. Doesn't change the fact that Horsemen are crap. Grumble grumble...

If Kaga was sexist, he'd probably have got the rights to Barbie just so he could make a game with trollish design. Also a slaver sequence.

Oh, Kaga...

How can you make the tragic scene of Sid's death so comedic at the same time? Holmes lives up to his title of "The Blonde Dumbass".

I wasn't even trying to be funny there, but I suppose Holmes's idiocy is something I'm just starting to take for granted.

Wait, so Dorothy did survived and ended up here? Man, this keeps up and your death count is going to look less tragic.

Yeah, right? Half my casualties washed up here! Come to think about it, I haven't even revealed how Byrlyat made it to Lieberia either... yet

Can't get over the effort this game went to, making a unique portrait for that one armory guy.

Yeah, right?

I don't know. I might actually watch Ben Shapiro videos if they involved beating people with wind magic. At the very least it'd be entertaining.
The titles are entertaining enough, there's no need to watch the videos themselves. Seriously, how can you not get a kick out of "Ben Shapiro SUPER DUPER FLYING KICK ROUNDHOUSE POUND 1% CRIT NONSCOPE QUICKSCOPE PWNED MOTHERFUCKING DESTROYS libtard WITH FACTS and LOGIC!"?

Narcus is innumerate and thinks everything is a far larger number than it actually is. Ergo six months becomes two years, and 300 gold becomes "a vast fortune definitely worth stealing at risk of being emasculated, defenestrated and eviscerated by Eugen".

Ah, Eugen. Never gets old. I'm currently in the midst of playing Berwick Saga, since the patch was recently updated to the point where I feel confortable getting into it, and although I'm throughoutly loving it thus far... Ward just doesn't have Eugen's charm, I'm sorry. He's normal, whereas Eugen is God.

On 18/3/2019 at 2:24 PM, Dayni said:

Sorry, I meant it's make more sense that Maruj would than Ben Shapiro does.

Too late, you already made a mistake. Hahah you doofus.

On 18/3/2019 at 4:01 PM, Hawkwing said:

Honestly, I always found the original Duma to be a cross between a spider, a cooked chicken, and a lizard. While being covered in slime, having a retractable eyeball, and some seashells and bones jammed in there for some reason. Don't know if that made it less or more disturbing.

He did have a funny design.

On a different note, I'm glad that they enhanced Duma's attacks animation-wise in Echoes. Every single one of them looks more threatening and powerful than they were in the original gaiden. Although they did add a death yell when before he went immediately into saying his poetic last words, and for some reason Alm listened to him speak while standing on slime in midair in the original.

Doesn't that always happen? They had Rudolph go "this is... as it should be..." before dramatically falling to the ground, limp and lifeless... and then he crawled to the nearest wall and started to monologue exposition as Alm looked in disbelief.

Indeed, I believe so.

I'll go for the middle one, it'd make for some hilarity.

I understand having both several exams at once and having to deal with poor study guides. Work through it, both smart and hard, and you can make it through.

Yeah, well, I didn't, sorry. My biggest problem with studying isn't the act itself of studying (I used to be a great student in middle and high school), but that nowadays, I've completely lost all faith in the educational system as a whole. I just cannot bring myself to care anymore.

Years ago I could. Sadly, I had an incredibly shitty final high school year where I had to watch as everyone around me blantantly cheated their way to 10s and 9s, while my marks continued to plummet because I was so exhausted and jadded. It didn't help that I despised half the subjects, and half the other half had the worst excuses for teachers wasting everybody's time. As the end of the year approached, I began to suffer anxiety attacks every now and then. I couldn't bear becoming a worse student. During my childhood, my great academic results was one of the very few things depressed little me was proud of, and I was about to lose that.

My marks did improve in the global exam all high school graduates have the option of doing in Spain, of course. My parents were ecstasic at the great mark I got in maths. You know what I felt? Disappointment. Absolute disappointment, because our overseer was kind enough to give me a nudge when he noticed I had fucked up one of the exercises, so it didn't even feel earned. More than that, I had poured my heart and soul into the English exam (not to brag, but I think it's painfully obvious that I'm good at English), and I was expecting an exceedingly amazing mark. My expectations were crushed when I got an admittedly still good but not as high as I was hoping 8.75/10. I guess the guy who corrected my exam didn't like the text I wrote. My marks were great, but the one I truly wanted to be exceptional turned out to be... merely great also. Probably the worst disappointment I suffered in those days, if you can believe it.

And a couple years later, what have those global exam marks done for me? Jack shit, that's what. I'm afraid all these things were all too much, and after my awful college experience, I just degraded into your everyday mediocre student.

Why does it matter whether I get a 9 or a 5? If I pass, then that's that, what matters to me is what I truly learn. I begun this course with a clear goal, to delve into the world of programming and technology, this world that I love so much. Hammering the types of work contracts and Social Security benefits into my head to spit them out on a piece of paper later on is not what I'm doing this for. Admittedly, they're useful things to know, but the good ol' "memorize things for the exam" system just doesn't work.

I don't give a damn if I fail that useless subject, or if I take 3 or 4 years instead of 2 or if my parents get mad at me for something so inconsequential. I want to enjoy myself and learn what I truly want to learn. Everything beyond that is just a bonus.

...Jesus Christ, six paragraphs! I'm sorry, I ranted real good there. But I suppose it was as good a chance as any to get what I think of modern education out of my system.

Ey! I remember that comic! Was the first Batman one I read, too. I was so young that a crap ton of things flew over my head (Like, I thought the smoke bomb that appeared near the very end of the book was the same one Joker was talking about back when Two-Face reappeared). I've reread it a few times since then. I found it okay, although I do understand why it made Frank Miller popular.

Whoa, slow down, I've only watched the fight scene on youtube, that's all!

Admittedly, I did enhance Miriel's second quote (although she still does say that she's not going to die there, and will instead dedicate the rest of her life to science). Even if she's not my favorite character in the game, I still enjoy her often humorous interactions with others as well as noticing the subtle differences between Miriel and her son. That said, I can understand why they're not really popular characters, owning to their speech patterns, Miriel not really developing in supports, and the differences between her and Laurent are, again, subtle, which works both for and against them.

Good ol' Anachronic Glasses Mom'n'Son. I know more about them than I do the rest of Awakening's characters, at any rate.

They're both good unit-wise, even if Laurent is a bit redundant by the time you get him.

That tends to happen. At least he's not Tomas, amirite?

Even better! Let's hope my laptop actually likes it, because it hates downloading anything.

Goodness, how old is your laptop? Does it run on punched cards?

On the one hand, I don't understand this reference.

On the other hand, that means it's open for interpretation, and I'm cool with that.

It's a scene of The Simpsons.

I understand where you're coming from when I learned elsewhere why he's a Jeigan in Mystery of the Emblem.

Ah, yes, the moment where you find out why the youngest Jeigan is the purest Jeigan of them all. Even far before I played Marth's games, Arran intrigued me when I found out his fate.

Need to actually play the games to see if I'll care about him as a unit, but as a character, I'm interested in how the games do him justice.

FE11 does not, but that one doesn't do anyone but Marth and a select few others justice, so that's okay. He then goes on to be the greatest character in FE12. All he gets is one support, one base conversation in chapter 1 and a couple of lines at the end (if he lives that long), but he needs no more. Even infamous little Kris develops in his support, that's how great Arran's influence is. I swear, I could spend all day talking about Arran.

As a unit, he's a great Jeigan in FE12 (he's absolutely vital in the harder modes to get through the first few chapters), and a piss-poor unit in FE11, sadly. FE12's his game, anyways.

Eh, I looked at Hotline Miami, and I don't think it's a game for me. I have played the web game "SUPER HOTline Miami" (short but fun game, by the way), so I can understand the appeal. However, it's not so much the violence or difficult gameplay as much as the "sometimes it seemed to have been made on drugs" part of the game. There's a certain kind of "weird" I enjoy, and I don't think it fits that category.

I see where you're coming from. You're missing out, but hey, you do you.

Nah, just the Pengaius avatar being uncanny.

...And yeah, you sneaking into someone house to kill their power over a videogame is disturbing, if you actually did that. But that was the realm of fiction, (or whatever memes are) and I'd know you'd never do that in real life.

...Right?

That depends-- I mean no, of course not.

Never underestimate the power of unassuming objects in the land of tabletop gaming.

Bagman'd be OP in D&D.

Oh... well then...

Guess that, uh, answers my question why it seemed he never took a shower...

Remember all those times in the early days of FE6 where my units pounded him to near-death only for him to flee to our next battlefield and get destroyed again? Yeah. Can't shower those away, I'm afraid.

My sincere apologies.

It's okay, I love you and your obliviousness.

Very funny.

I love young Obi-Wan. He's just perfect. For all the crap the prequels get, it's nice to see that everyone agrees that young Obi-Wan was a happy landing.

Eh, I won't complain. Even if I was expecting them to look more like this:

2q2pc1he oIbnofqgb o

And once again, the thank you's and you're welcomes.

Here are your indeed's and I see's.

I would not be surprised if his record is two seconds. Three, if I'm being generous.

Maybe he's cursed, and if he spends more than a minute being nice, he keels over and dies in terrible pain.

Someone get this guy sunglasses. He earned them.

He most definitely did. Maybe next time we see him.

I would rejoice that Richard would get what's coming to him, if it weren't for the very likely chance of collateral damage.

Yeah...

This guy has only spoken twice, and we already have a solid idea of his personality. I don't know what to make of that.

That's TRS for you. What it does well, it does really well.

I see where you're coming from, but I burst aloud in laughter instead the first time I read that.

Hey, so did I. It's painful, but funny.

Hmmm, the gameplay/story integration of this will be most interesting...

Maybe.

Zachariah? That's John the Baptists father (although my Bible calls it Zechariah). His wife, Elizabeth, was barren, but an angle of the Lord appeared to Zechariah one day and said they would have a son, and his name would be John. Because Zechariah questioned how this would be so, the angel, Gabriel, made him silent and unable to speak. When the baby was born, people wanted to name him after his father, but Elizabeth said the child's name would be John. When they asked Zechariah what the name should be, he wrote "His name is John" on a tablet, and immediately he could speak again.

...So why does a random boss have this name?

Because Kaga names.

She's also wise enough to keep a bag in this universe. I would also say that KDIF because she's a thief with a bag in their portrait... except then we may get into FE1 did it first because technically thieves always had bags.

Yeah, but I can't remember them having bags in their portraits.

A wonderful hodgepodge of portraits that I'm not complaining about.

It's only two, though.

This is a pretty hilarious scene. I wonder if he's going to keep up the act or drop it when Rishel inevitably refuses.

We'll see not today, next time.

He also doesn't take anyone's crap, apparently.

He's not the kind to do that, no.

Maybe Bud and Rishel have know each other for a while, but Narcus hasn't, and Bud was pretending that he was some random nobody they're just helping out? This is an odd thing to add, though.

Only a few lines in, and I take it that the timing of this is already more screwed up that Entels "three days (or was it months?)" thing.

It's not as inconsistent, but it's definitely more of a major fuck up.

An aspect of the series that the writers have a difficult time addressing.

A shame.

On 19/3/2019 at 2:29 AM, Pengaius said:

I'm sentient butter Ruben, I don't have teeth to smile

Jikes, you're weird.

Arkis doesn't define people by their disabilities, and treats them just as equally as able bodied people; admittedly he's kind of a prick, but hey equality!

He asked a blind girl if she had holes for eyes

You mean her elbow or the end of the bag covering part of her arm?

The elb-- Wait, what? That second thing makes perfect sense!

Yeah, well no.

On 19/3/2019 at 5:56 AM, BrightBow said:

They're the game's worst weapons.

On 19/3/2019 at 8:39 AM, Pengaius said:

N-Nani FOUR WEAPONS Ruben, you must harness his awesome power

They're the game's worst weapons!

On 19/3/2019 at 10:51 AM, BrightBow said:

OOOUUUUCHHH Butterman got MELT'D!

On 20/3/2019 at 1:39 PM, Mad-manakete said:

I don't think I'll have the time.

Just going to note that I'd known the stuff previously. My point is it's all fairly common knowledge of Golems and would presumably found easily, even if admittedly my research in the field was more text based. I had an interest in monsters as a child, and as a result I took to classic, monster-related literature young. When the Hunchback of Notre Dame released, I failed to appreciate the Disney version as a child because of the alterations to aspects of the story. Most kids in my second grade class were baffled by my claims the ending was all wrong and Esmeralda and Quasimodo were deceased in the true version of events. But it wasn't enough that I knew the fiction. I started reading into reality young as well. Again, my second grade class were traumatized by an assignment, an oral presentation on ancient Egypt, that I gave, when I gave a detailed description of the embalming process... which no-one was quite sure how I'd came to know, given this was before I had ever used the internet. My mother always used that as an example of my skill at research. Regardless, the fascination with the unknown and mythical remained, and over the years I learned much. I can tell you of a Russian spell that will allegedly make the user a werewolf, without the difficulties of surviving an encounter with one. Or of the incredibly different Panther of Medieval European Legend which was used as a name for the black variations of several big cats. I can tell you of the Basilisk and Cockatrice, and the translation error that resulted in the two becoming considered interchangeable despite differences. I could even tell you of a creature that, according to legend, detailed discussion of it makes you a potential victim to it if certain precautions aren't taken (ergo that point is vague on the off chance the legend is true). Point is, I like knowing this stuff, even if certain precautions should be considered. Like that vague line.

You sure do like knowing this stuff, yeah. Goodness, that's an impressive paragraph if I've ever seen one.

Actual cutscenes. Because the notion of a fully animated "Kieran juggles weapons including an axe that may be the devil axe and lodges it in his own head by axe-ident" would kill me.

...how didn't he die?

Because the Devil Axe/killed by a wall videos of Whoisthisgit's were ultimately why I started playing Fire Emblem in the first place, and therefore I have this inane obsession with it. Which was only helped the first time I played New Mystery and a Roro double offed himself by a backfire, resulting in a humorous fadeout as he energetically returned to his starting position. Most unfitting for a death, but great for comedy.

Ah, yes, devil axe deaths are always hilarious.

You sure do, but it's fine, I forgive you.

19 hours ago, Goddess Serra said:

Thinking about it... Rody and Lance (the other green cavaliers) were decently important characters in the last LPs (the former as comic relief, the latter having been "miracolously saved" when Roy died, cancelling his own death).

To be fair, everyone was comic relief in FE12, I had no idea what I was doing back then. Pretty happy with how I handled Lance, though.

Could this truly be Arkis' destiny? To make a fool of himself for the rest of eternity? To tell dirty jokes and pull stupid pranks on Kreiss (and Leteena once she joins)?

... Yeah, probably.

How about we make his destiny be the same destiny as that of Vyland? They're about as charming, the two of 'em.

Though, at this rate, he's probably going to become the butt of every cruel joke made in the LP, right alongside Groinless Banditman. I'm okay with that, myself!

The uppy:

Spoiler
Ievozsha oQmlp05go o

I equip Garo with the best weapons I've got for him, and give Lionel a better axe that formerly belonged to the Pirate.

4ovawlme o

Let's take a look at the Dakruon. Like I said, 3 uses. We can't take it off the convoy, but that's fine, we don't need it anywhere else. Also, nifty description.

Bduozqwx o

Today's map is a strong contender for the biggest snoozefest in the entire fucking game. It's dreadful. All the enemies suck, except for the boss who moves, but since he's only got 4 move it's not an issue. There's a Bishop with a Paces a-Hundred Yet Still I Cure, whose only use is to give me a chance to say "Paces a-Hundred Yet Still I Cure". There are also two Nomads way too far away from the action. One of them's going to try to flank us. I'll probably forget about him and he'll shoot Katri, and that'll be the single source of excitement we'll get out of this chapter.

The only good thing about this chapter is that, just like the gargoyle filler, it'll be over before we know it, and that I get to listen to Touhou covers while I write. I don't even play those games, but damn is the music good. Makin' me want to play them, even, but between finishing my maniac FE12 run (yeah, I'm actually finishing it! I'm up to Hardin. Unbelievable, isn't it?) and being blown away by how amazing Berwick Saga is (just watch, when I get to the end of the translated portion of the game I'm going to write a 5 paragraph-long rant on how I regret picking up the game while the translation was yet to be completed), I don't think I have the time. Also, the exams. Those are things too, I suppose. Maybe after I'm done with FE12. It might take longer than I'd like, after chapter 21 I was left in a bit of a state.

...where was I again? Oh, yeah, Tear Ring Saga, awful-ass chapter.

Lzwztfhi o

Lionheart is here, and as you can tell by the visible gender box, he's playable from the start. Remember what I said about him probably being able to handle Zachariah's whole platoon by himself if he was alone? Well... he is alone. I don't know what Zach was talking about when he mentioned him "and his men". He's old, probably senile. Not the good way, like Jagen. More like the bad way, like Gotoh. Anyway, back to Lionheart.

HP 75% - Strength 30% - Skill 25% - Speed 20% - Defense 25% - Magic 5% - Luck 25% - Mastery 25%

Lionheart's a bit like Raphael lite. He can use half as many weapons as the King of Wellt and has lower stats than him, but his growths are far better and he's got a lot more room to grow. He also becomes a mediocre Archer instead of a mediocre Myrmidon upon dismounting, which is okay, I suppose. He's a pretty good unit. Don't expect him to be your best unit, but c'mon, how could you go wrong with a design like that? I'll probably field him often. It's important to field him in the next chapter, anyway.

Qiyrqvpc o

Zachariah is the boss, obviously, and he's tougher than most. He isn't quite up to Barbarossa's level, but he's strong. He's even more susceptible to magic than Barbarossa, though, so if I want him to, Maruj would be able to drop him in no time.

18ryexdc o

Sigh... okay, let's get this over with. Lionel gets us started.

Gvmlzeri o

Another theme this chapter has going on is bad levels. See this? This is the second best level I got here. I was at least expecting to get some nice green arrows out of this bore...

3znfba6c o1nfsrzkj o

As I said, one Nomad goes around to hit us from behind.

Ter0yesc oJ7ygi99q oQfcidwia o

I like how Lionel doesn't even need Wrath to crit everything.

Jktsa6zf o

Lionheart-- OH GOD 4% CRIT

N8siioqa o

D'oh, Lionheart!

C5cdh1kj oCnqkm6ve o166wzkqv o

He just pulls an arrow from his quiver and fires. Nothing too exciting animation-wise, but would you look at that sprite! Holy moly, Mamlukes are the fanciest fuckers, aren't they?

Xveii9dz o

Perhaps I exaggerated a little when I said Lionheart could handle everyone alone.

Fgmado5m oSyb5qhrr o

...on second thought, though...

Rsup69im oM815bf2m o1cturprw o

Nice, another RNG-reliant recruitment. Don't you just love it when these games do that?

Pacxec92 oNzbar2vn oByeekoa9 o

Good thing that Lionheart is so awesome.

D1lo3zzq o

...yeah, in all seriousness, that was too close a call. Kaga, why...?

Lk8kjkjq oA8ookbkk o

At any rate, the turn's over.

Kzv46qia o

Maruj, teach them the true meaning of pain!

Vbenccar o

You know what happened to the man who said that line? He suffered a fate worse than Arran's, Maruj. Not even my Arran, canon Arran. What I mean to say is, take care to improve the quality of your levels from here on. We don't want any unfortunate accidents to happen.

Uhffjqfd o4en9ydxn o

...oh, come now! They're just taking the piss at my expense now.

Mn5ql3gv o

Julia isn't nearly as cool as Krishna was, but she'll have to do for now.

Ks2obuph oMdivg7oc oGnqi924u o

Kreiss and Lionheart tagteam on this Nomad.

73m2vskg o

Okay.

Yydi6djv o

Guy still heading to our back.

Ofwuw3ox o9m1wgrja o

Lionel and a random armor knight fight with light magic. Lionel comes out on top.

Edovpslv o

Yeah, no. This ain't no Shirou. He's not useless at base, like Shirou. Or Arkis.

Lhc0fchf oZx9ju3k1 oRwwvws0v o

An idiot tried to nail Roger, but The Roger The Paladin's always one the step ahead.

Oy0ytq5k oOai7toze o

And Garo seals the deal in our turn!

Roqtvegq oLjjx3dlk o

Julia does a similar thing.

V4nzbmiv oI0ok5hzs o

San's gotten quite good, I must say. Still, with Paragon, she'll only get to kill three more enemies before she rams the level cap.

Xwoib4xp oRkbkzjia oIhvpqimw o

We're almost to Footballman's. Best check on him. I'm not worried about Bagman, I mean, he has all the bags, but Footballman's head is decomposing, so I don't think he'd do as well in a fight.

Ptunlbik o

Guy still going...

Jffrkuxq oLkfnmhsq o4xtz92ay o

Kreiss putting that sweet Vantage to work. It's not the most useful skill in his hands, but hey, I'll take it.

Aszpnji2 oIsdddcfn o

That'll be it.

Gzumf25y o4nogzfwq o

I want to use Maerchen since I brought him, but the problem is that everyone's too strong for these chumps, so I can't Jeigan them appropiately. Good thing Tom's strength is subpar, unlike his defense and his class.

What? Oh, yeah, Maerchen's here. Sorry, I forgot to point that fact out. Can you blame me?

2wilwo2m o

We'll do some robbing after we see if Footballman's fine.

Wbhg2rv6 o

Oh, he doesn't even know there's a war on his doorstep.

A7othyc9 o

Sorry, pal, but you failed me last time. You're still the best designed character in the game, but I don't think I'll give you any more cash.

Xgzoklxw oZt6d0qmq o

There, I used Maerchen. Happy, everyone?

8slfmzml o

Yeah, yeah, who cares. The only reason you're here is that I cannot remember if the Bishop drops his Paces a-Hundred Yet Still I Cure.

P7ung4zu oCw7hxe42 o61vvci0f o

A level. Man, this girl progresses fast.

Oszshyup o

Oh, please...

Biytqnzl oG2mpzofk oP8yhc6ug o

Kreiss, I hope I can at least count on you!

Ltkiziye o

He really likes having an even statsheet, doesn't he?

V3hpf5iw oVcxmihp6 o

It's, what, turn 5? And already all that's left is four Knights and Zach. What a joke of a chapter.

I0cjptzg o

Crap, my Paces a-Hundred Yet Still I Heal uses! How dare he!? I'll tear him apart and loot his corpse!

Vgzdovfl o

Still coming... not quite as exciting as Chapter Douglas, I'm afraid, but hey, you tried, random Nomad.

Z0hnw3kg oGzonvght o

Ah, Chapter Douglas. The only chapter that went well in the entirety of FE6. I still cannot believe it to this day.

Gsiinrkd oKkfq9fo8 o

Remember how I didn't have enough cash to recruit Hugh and actually did some pro strats for once with warp and all? Man, was I ever proud of myself that day.

Idnggz4v o1v7xkqnb o

Then again, Hugh died later on because there was exactly a single Wyvern Lord in the map he could double. That was bullshit. A shame, too, he was doing so well...

Sipnhtjz oFnni9erp o

...baaaah... you Horsemen are all the same. You're out to annoy me!

Hprpsodf o

Well, anyway, that's it.

Oem0hu3j o25pvwa2m o

Garo does some crits, and since I was bored beyond my mind at this point, I decided to make a gif, because this animation is amazeballs.

Lq2hwlef o

Don't expect this to be a common occurrence. As with everything, I'm only really going to do these when I feel like it.

Zc2y8tfe oKxrad4bo o8pzgphrn o

The Bishop tries fleeing east. Hmm... if we could just trick him into heading north to Kreiss and San...

R0ufdfv3 oPbt64o1h o

Well, first things first, we need to move closer and finish off the last of the rabble.

Xrxjexpo o

...oh, yeah. That thing I said would happen? It happened. My heart jumped a little, especially since Maerchen's close-by.

Upygsyk4 oQys5gg0o o

Then I remembered Nomads are pathetic.

M85gafag o

Uhhh Armorslayer! I like that. Maybe I could get it, the estoc is effective against Knights after all.

Nvvgcnq1 o

Ahahah! You, Garo, you're the one who knows how to please a player. That's his strength cap rammed already. Who cares if it's lowish compared to that of everyone who can promote? Nobody else in my team is this strong, and few will ever be! Besides, when he gets to level 28, you'll see why I chose him.

W1hsfgox o

Maerchen, you're... urgh. Just, nature's mistake...

Mebi0bqg oEbj9jwyz o

I've no use for an iron bow. Shigen, you do the foul deed.

T9aas3sp o

The range I marked is Zachariah's range. I'd rather avoid him for now.

Kmd79pna o

Oh, you...

Ezswli2i oEehrfl2b oE4j3906y o

Shigen kills this guy, since Maerchen's completely useless.

C2mflo0c o

Peek-a-boo! The Roger The Paladin wants to battle!

Z7szbhwj o

Trainer Bishop attempted to flee! Hey, you can't do that, there's no backing out of a trainer battle! Especially when the trainer has a horse and a spear longer than yourself!

Abujw6ma oJiidlki7 o

Yes, just a little further... AH-HA!

Za2yjhoo o

YOU HAVE FALLEN RIGHT INTO MY TRAP!

Oxj40mw1 o

IN AMERICA!

Kqkxnrod o

Bollocks.

0fpevztj o

BARNACLES, BLISTERING BOLLOCKS!

22hcm7zi oG0ilwsci o

Pest...! Why... won't... you... be... Jeiganed!?

7mabj7yt oXur4nr0u o

Gah, finally! Took him long enough! We wasted so much time whiffing every shot, Maerchen had enough time to get his 4-move self overhere.

Nyu25psi o

Of course. I should've known Maerchen's pathetic. Oh, well, we've got time.

Vkap3zhp o

...you know what? You win, Bishop. I accept your surrender. Everybody, let the man live. I think he's earned it.

Vutvcgxo o

...yeah, I couldn't even pull a sneaky on him. He definitely deserves to live. This time for real!

Kstm82mu o

You're not even half the woman Krishna was.

Lj4s9x7j oJmhspzpn o

Garo will take Zach on, but just in case, Maruj comes closer.

U1asue4s oWcghhrli o

Hah! Garo, you're too epic. I could've used the brave axe or the Dolharken, but the Dolharken weighed him down enough for Zach to double, and the brave axe would be overkill.

Tfkas0xj o

So generic... c'mon, just one more chapter and we'll get an actually interesting boss. I promise.

Egkhndfn o4gs2b8va oIpubqplr o

OHO!

Oiokbaoi oDf1ydgc2 o

Pffft. You didn't stand a chance, old timer.

Dnsxixn2 oFgdnasol o

Cowabunga, sucker! Now hand over the experience.

Xprt4ksq o

Ergh, excuse me?

9rovs2qh o

Hey, that isn't fair. Garo's head may be deformed, but his heart is made of gold.

23klvdtq o

...uuhhhhhhhhh... he's... still standing, Garo...?

T1iee2fa o

Never mind, we'll worry about that later. Look at that! That might've been a bad level for anyone else, but hitrate is something Garo needs badly, and his luck is way too low for my liking. Sure, Julia's support invalidates both issues, but I'd rather he could be self-sufficient enough. They might have to separate soon.

And on that good note, it's over. Still there? Nobody jumped ship? Good, 'cause next chapter's nothing like this. Or the last one, or the one before, actually! Get ready, because we're about to watch Holmes's route get sort of close to matching Runan's. I would recommend you don't miss it! See ya next time, everybody!

Death count: Attrom
                        Juliattisnacordst
                        Sharon
                        Krishna

Reset count: 2 (Runan: 1 - Katri: 1)

Dullahan's done with my incompetence: 3

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Jikes, you're weird.

*Bubbling noises*

That second thing makes perfect sense!

You ain't the sharpest tool in the shed are ya. 

Yeah, well no.

How many can Holmes wield at base

He's not useless at base, like Shirou. Or Arkis.

F O U R   W E A P O N S!  Ruben, you probably couldn't even use one.

Kreiss putting that sweet Vantage to work. It's not the most useful skill in his hands, but hey, I'll take it.

You're words not mine

Then again, Hugh died later on because there was exactly a single Wyvern Lord in the map he could double. That was bullshit. A shame, too, he was doing so well...

Hugh were really unlucky back in Elibe, huh?

...yeah, I couldn't even pull a sneaky on him. He definitely deserves to live. This time for real!

IMG_6605.JPG

That's easily done, seeing how only one of them is with Holmes and the other's my tankiest unit.

Which is funny because the one with Holmes is literally a tank.

That was low. I like it.

The same joke could be made about Alm thanks to Echoes. At least Gaiden avoided that one.

I've had multiple Legendary Super Matthises. How about that?

Ironically not something that seems hard in what limited experience I have. Because trying to play New Mystery for the dual ridiculous goals of "Using Wrys to kill Gharnef" and "Using The Roger The Paladin New Mystery Edition", I decided "if this is going to be borderline a reference to your LP's, I may as well use Matthis as well. He ended up better than Frey at base in everything bar skill and luck by the time I got Frey. He's also lucked onto 3 resistance growths. On that 5% rate, as the humble curate took the growth drop to try and make his task plausible... and will inevitably be taking stat boosters if it fails, because I'm set on doing it.

The titles are entertaining enough, there's no need to watch the videos themselves. Seriously, how can you not get a kick out of "Ben Shapiro SUPER DUPER FLYING KICK ROUNDHOUSE POUND 1% CRIT NONSCOPE QUICKSCOPE PWNED MOTHERFUCKING DESTROYS libtard WITH FACTS and LOGIC!"?

"NONSCOPE QUICKSCOPE" doesn't make any sense, but that only makes it better.

Doesn't that always happen? They had Rudolph go "this is... as it should be..." before dramatically falling to the ground, limp and lifeless... and then he crawled to the nearest wall and started to monologue exposition as Alm looked in disbelief.

You'd look on in disbelief too if someone who should by all rights be making a gurgling noise as they try to breath through the blood in their mouth just put the Grim Reaper on hold to give you information that they probably could have secreted away as a note and been less... melodramatic.

Maybe he's cursed, and if he spends more than a minute being nice, he keels over and dies in terrible pain.

Sounds like the song "F***ed with an Anchor" by Alestorm. Except instead of being cursed by a witch doctor with what is pretty much tourrette's that causes one to lash out with vulgar language, it just forces one to be Richard instead. Then again, maybe the song is about Richard.

...how didn't he die?

I imagine because if someone accidentally killed themself in their b-support, it'd top Kaga for the biggest troll in the series. But that sequence makes me laugh, because as it goes he manages to not even lose consciousness, simply stating "Ho, I'm fine! Don't worry about old Kieran! I just need to pull this axe out of my head here... Whooo, that's sharp! ".

How about we make his destiny be the same destiny as that of Vyland? They're about as charming, the two of 'em.

I always felt Vyland was kind of the most forgettable of the Archanean cavs. I mean, Roshea has the being the youngest of Hardin's crew (and the only Wolf pack character recruitable in OG mystery from memory). Leiden and Belf have their moment in the spotlight in the Akaneia Saga missions. Midia has use recruiting Astram, and also has the missions to her credit. Arran and Jagen have the higher difficulty necessity. Cain & Abel and Luke & Rody are both of a particularly helpful archetype, and Cecille has the lady sword going for her. Frey is a particularly good unit, Hardin has storyline significance. Matthis, to his credit has the highest defense growth of a naturally occurring cav in Shadow Dragon. Also, checking, his weapon level in FE1 was 8, to my understanding he can use the silver lance at base in that game thereby, not that they kept that.

Wbhg2rv6 o

Of course not. He knows the Goddess will protect him.

Ltkiziye o

He really likes having an even statsheet, doesn't he?

Those thirteens are unlucky... for the enemy

Maerchen, you're... urgh. Just, nature's mistake...

One Kreiss thankfully prevented from multiplying.

Vutvcgxo o

Did he pay Footballman before you got there? Perhaps he can work for him now.

Hey, that isn't fair. Garo's head may be deformed, but his heart is made of gold.

Hell, his head's only deformed because his heart's made of gold. Those wounds came from somewhere you know.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, well, maybe Mycen's just gay, what's the problem with that? Let us ship Leon and Mycen now. Uhh... Myl... Mylon...? Melen-- Melee...? Lece... Lecen... Listen?

Hey Listen!

Okay, works. That's my fav ship from now on, Listen.

I mean, Mycen could be gay.

Him X Leon though? No, that's just awful.

And a change you made. To yet another thing that I can't really identify you by. You and Hawkwing make it too hard for me to make memes of you! Why can't you be easy, like Butterman?

Honestly, I'm more shocked you didn't think to use the Titania one because I hadn't changed in a while.

Yeah, well, that ain't happening. I've got all the axes I could ever need in Garo.

Don't jinx it man.

Besides you're the same guy who benched Gonzy. You have no appreciation of the amount of axes you need.

There are S.W.A.T. in Hell?

I don't know why I bother.

Don't tempt me. I'm more than capable of killing myself, and you know it.

...that, uh, that came out wrong.

You sure that came out wrong?

Lzwztfhi o

HP 75% - Strength 30% - Skill 25% - Speed 20% - Defense 25% - Magic 5% - Luck 25% - Mastery 25%

Lionheart's a bit like Raphael lite. He can use half as many weapons as the King of Wellt and has lower stats than him, but his growths are far better and he's got a lot more room to grow. He also becomes a mediocre Archer instead of a mediocre Myrmidon upon dismounting, which is okay, I suppose. He's a pretty good unit. Don't expect him to be your best unit, but c'mon, how could you go wrong with a design like that? I'll probably field him often. It's important to field him in the next chapter, anyway.

He's bow-locked on dismount?

Good luck on certain maps if he has to be there. Other than that he's fine.

Xgzoklxw oZt6d0qmq o

There, I used Maerchen. Happy, everyone?

Yes.

Yes I am.

Nvvgcnq1 o

Ahahah! You, Garo, you're the one who knows how to please a player. That's his strength cap rammed already. Who cares if it's lowish compared to that of everyone who can promote? Nobody else in my team is this strong, and few will ever be! Besides, when he gets to level 28, you'll see why I chose him.

I will await your reveal.

Speaking of good axes, Ippei's done Gonzy (and a Heroes OC I guess, but Gonzy!).

Random genius pun for the day:

r88Br6.gif

If you're curious where I got it from.

Now on to the update

On 3/20/2019 at 8:39 AM, Mad-manakete said:

Gotta pass the time somehow, and I know the feeling. Somehow, even my short ideas end up being detailed, and ten minutes turns into sixty.

12 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Then what is it? Is it because she's pointless? Why don't we get countless threads complaining about Kris, the-- oh...

As a unit, Faye is a godsend. An extra cleric or Pegasus knight on Alm's route does wonders.

As a character, however... lets just say that she's pretty shallow, has a character archetype/gimmick that another person in the same game already has and handles better, and is overall just a missed opportunity where just about any other personality would have done the job without the controversy. Her only saving grace in that her behavior isn't treated as a good thing, and she doesn't try to distract people with fanservice. Oh, and the easter egg with Celica is actually pretty nice.

If you want a portrait, just use these:

Spoiler

YexEdrtjRcrq6LfvvFic-TWSQ00IW83GVJiOqtODKfpI3g1biy6XbO6yXaIx3iW-BMz2NH_6e-qWkrAtawB74Ogro1MN3R1tr4GcJjJgytxL4_Nl-lIyfcwRLHu1zC3dYtYag-Sd5c945808d6038_Stupidfoxpic.PNG.28afc924e8993e2601e48eb33787c644.PNGimage.png.77ab1ba513834de5cb8e26ef53977dd8.png

tumblr_ndll4mamDu1rkv6jko1_1280.png

The Link one was the longest I had on Serenes Forest, while the Fox meme (which I actually don't care for; I just like the picture) was the longest I had on Discord. I also used Panne for a good while as an avatar on Discord, and the Mako face is a reaction I have way to often in real life. They're pretty much the only pictures I have that remain consistent in quality no matter what I'm using them for.

Well, Rigelians are tough. Duma's last words were poetic yet clear, despite having a sword lodged in his skull, and Jedah may give a 15 second speech face down in the mud.

And then there was Charlie. A baron I named who survived several critical hits in a row, while being assaulted from both sides (he defending a corridor) by Clive, Mathilda, and Zeke. With his cape torn and armor chipped, Charlie went down fighting, never giving up despite the opposition against him.

I'll go for the middle one, it'd make for some hilarity.

Echoes model quality continues to baffle me. On the one hand, I love the designs, and they look awesome in motion. On the other, they kinda look ugly when they're just standing still, and the clipping issues are really dang noticeable. Especially when the former two games used the in-game models for story sequences, and it looked alright.

...Jesus Christ, six paragraphs! I'm sorry, I ranted real good there. But I suppose it was as good a chance as any to get what I think of modern education out of my system.

I understand where you're coming from even if I don't really have anything to comment on, and sometimes ranting can a good thing.

Whoa, slow down, I've only watched the fight scene on youtube, that's all!

Ah, DC animated fight scenes. I still watch those in my free time every now and again. Makes me regret that I didn't watch Justice League as a kid. I am curious on where to buy the movies, since I know those are pretty dang good.

Goodness, how old is your laptop? Does it run on punched cards?

Nah, it's actually only around half a year old. Bought it to help with college, of which it has served its purpose well. I just found out that one of its quirks is that it is really picky about what it's fine with downloading.

It's a scene of The Simpsons.

Thought so. That was one of those shows I never knew if I would enjoy it or not.

It's okay, I love you and your obliviousness.

...I don't know whether to take that as a compliment, a backhanded compliment, a small jab, or a direct insult.

I love young Obi-Wan. He's just perfect. For all the crap the prequels get, it's nice to see that everyone agrees that young Obi-Wan was a happy landing.

I thank and curse thee for linking to a Star Wars meme. I spent much longer than I should on that rabbit trail.

2q2pc1he oIbnofqgb o

I really need to think about what I wish for.

Yeah, but I can't remember them having bags in their portraits.

Looking at the Fire Emblem wiki... yeah, I think Gaius was the first and so far only playable character to have a bag in his portrait. Same with the generic thieves. Kaga really did do it first.

4ovawlme o

Let's take a look at the Dakruon. Like I said, 3 uses. We can't take it off the convoy, but that's fine, we don't need it anywhere else. Also, nifty description.

What is it in fiction with tears having magical healing powers?

Today's map is a strong contender for the biggest snoozefest in the entire fucking game. It's dreadful. All the enemies suck, except for the boss who moves, but since he's only got 4 move it's not an issue. There's a Bishop with a Paces a-Hundred Yet Still I Cure, whose only use is to give me a chance to say "Paces a-Hundred Yet Still I Cure". There are also two Nomads way too far away from the action. One of them's going to try to flank us. I'll probably forget about him and he'll shoot Katri, and that'll be the single source of excitement we'll get out of this chapter.

Guess that means I won't spend three hours gathering ideas of what to say.

Don't get me wrong. I love combat intensive encounters and story driven chapters, but there's something nice about knowing you won't spend more time than you'd like getting something done, y'know?

Useful, but not overpowered.

Jktsa6zf o

Lionheart-- OH GOD 4% CRIT

You're panicking over any presence of crit rates will forever be amusing.

Until it leads to another death, that is.

C5cdh1kj oCnqkm6ve o166wzkqv o

He just pulls an arrow from his quiver and fires. Nothing too exciting animation-wise, but would you look at that sprite! Holy moly, Mamlukes are the fanciest fuckers, aren't they?

And they kept his awesome turban, too. His sprite may not have every detail from his portrait, but it kept the most important part.

...yeah, in all seriousness, that was too close a call. Kaga, why...?

Because Gaiden was the only game where Kaga felt generous with recruitable characters, as Mathilda can easily hold her own, and so can Valbar, Leon, and Kamui.

Oh wait. It's also the same game where Delthea starts as an enemy witch, and unlike in Echoes there's no subdue skill to make her easy to deal with. And you can screw up recruiting Deen or Sonya if you aren't paying attention. Guess Kaga isn't good at restraining himself.

Wbhg2rv6 o

Well, churches are supposed to be a place of sanctuary, so perhaps he's not expecting anyone to be so sick to actually kill people of the cloth.

Except that isn't true in real life, there's a religion of evil in the game, and they already proved they're perfectly willing to kill people in their way. Yeah, I don't know what Footballman was thinking here.

A7othyc9 o

Sorry, pal, but you failed me last time. You're still the best designed character in the game, but I don't think I'll give you any more cash.

Sad to see this, but I won't blame you.

Lq2hwlef o

It's a cyclone of death

Garo couldn't find a drum

He thought he was in a button mashing beat-em-up

Garo decided to be friendly and try to repair his foes armor, but forgot to bring his hammer

And I ran out of things to say. Needless to say, I really like this gif.

Nvvgcnq1 o

I thought you said that Lionels first level up would be the only good one? Glad to see you were wrong

Vkap3zhp o

...you know what? You win, Bishop. I accept your surrender. Everybody, let the man live. I think he's earned it.

Guess he knew when to fold them.

I also guess punchable goatee man has a legitimate use.

23klvdtq o

...uuhhhhhhhhh... he's... still standing, Garo...?

Wait... so Zach... has plot relevance?

Part 41 - Convenience.

Contestations:

Spoiler
On 21/3/2019 at 6:18 PM, BrightBow said:

Ahab's forces just aren't all that impressive.

He sent the scrub team to Blaad. Maybe he figured Zach would be able to solo Lionheart. Except Zach is old and lazy, so he didn't move.

On 21/3/2019 at 7:07 PM, Pengaius said:

*Bubbling noises*

Uh...

You ain't the sharpest tool in the shed are ya. 

Sorry, I just can't see what your issue is. No matter how hard I look at it, the perspective's perfectly fine. And no matter how hard I look at your comment, I cannot see what the joke is! Goddamn you, tell me the joke or I shall sacrifice Arkis!

How many can Holmes wield at base

Who cares about Holmes? He's almost as much of a hopeless idiot as Arkis.

F O U R   W E A P O N S!  Ruben, you probably couldn't even use one.

It's LP canon that I'm a great mage when I want to be.

Also, it doesn't matter that he can use four weapons when he does it piss-poorly and Kreiss beats him in every single aspect.

You're words not mine

Next time, don't try to be smug while making the world's oldest typo.

Besides, I don't see why you felt the need to point out that those were my words. Kreiss is, indeed, not good. He's AWESOME! I'm going to bend over backwards for him and pull off a Xavier-tier event to get him laid. Meanwhile, Arkis will be lucky if I don't kill him in that one chapter.

Hugh were really unlucky back in Elibe, huh?

For the longest time, I thought Hugh was pronounced "heugh", since, well y'know, I'm not a native english speaker and that made way more sense to me than "jew". It's still the pronounciation that comes to me naturally. So yeah, didn't work, try again.

IMG_6605.JPG

Hahahahahahah, okay good one.

On 21/3/2019 at 7:47 PM, Mad-manakete said:

Which is funny because the one with Holmes is literally a tank.

A fact that has not been stated nearly enough.

The same joke could be made about Alm thanks to Echoes. At least Gaiden avoided that one.

Ouch.

Ironically not something that seems hard in what limited experience I have. Because trying to play New Mystery for the dual ridiculous goals of "Using Wrys to kill Gharnef" and "Using The Roger The Paladin New Mystery Edition", I decided "if this is going to be borderline a reference to your LP's, I may as well use Matthis as well. He ended up better than Frey at base in everything bar skill and luck by the time I got Frey. He's also lucked onto 3 resistance growths. On that 5% rate, as the humble curate took the growth drop to try and make his task plausible... and will inevitably be taking stat boosters if it fails, because I'm set on doing it.

Now all you need is for Frey and all your sword users to die, and it'll truly be a Saint Rubenio run.

"NONSCOPE QUICKSCOPE" doesn't make any sense, but that only makes it better.

I know, right?

You'd look on in disbelief too if someone who should by all rights be making a gurgling noise as they try to breath through the blood in their mouth just put the Grim Reaper on hold to give you information that they probably could have secreted away as a note and been less... melodramatic.

Bitch, please. Arran put the Grim Reaper on hold for an entire war so he could redeem himself and help his liege. Rudolf the Red Nosed Lord of a Dead Empire and his god-awful plan cannot compare to that.

I'm... gonna get hate for that one, aren't I?

Sounds like the song "F***ed with an Anchor" by Alestorm. Except instead of being cursed by a witch doctor with what is pretty much tourrette's that causes one to lash out with vulgar language, it just forces one to be Richard instead. Then again, maybe the song is about Richard.

Richard should be in the dictionary, next to the word "dick". Just his face is the whole definition. They say an image is worth a thousand words, right?

I imagine because if someone accidentally killed themself in their b-support, it'd top Kaga for the biggest troll in the series. But that sequence makes me laugh, because as it goes he manages to not even lose consciousness, simply stating "Ho, I'm fine! Don't worry about old Kieran! I just need to pull this axe out of my head here... Whooo, that's sharp! ".

Whoa... and people say only Fatesawakening had dumb shit in their supports. Motherfucker, that's the most outlandish thing I've read all month.

I always felt Vyland was kind of the most forgettable of the Archanean cavs. I mean, Roshea has the being the youngest of Hardin's crew (and the only Wolf pack character recruitable in OG mystery from memory). Leiden and Belf have their moment in the spotlight in the Akaneia Saga missions. Midia has use recruiting Astram, and also has the missions to her credit. Arran and Jagen have the higher difficulty necessity. Cain & Abel and Luke & Rody are both of a particularly helpful archetype, and Cecille has the lady sword going for her. Frey is a particularly good unit, Hardin has storyline significance. Matthis, to his credit has the highest defense growth of a naturally occurring cav in Shadow Dragon. Also, checking, his weapon level in FE1 was 8, to my understanding he can use the silver lance at base in that game thereby, not that they kept that.

Yes, Vyland is the most forgettable of the lot. And not just as a unit, as a character too. Roshea was a great character in book 2, Midia was always interesting, Hardin's, well, Hardin; Jagen's old and senile but he won't lose to the likes of Vyland, Leiden and Belf both get great supports with Robert and Camus, respectively; the Cainbels and Cecille are cool in their own ways, Frey's sacrifice is the reason the prologue of FE11 is the best prologue in FE, and I've said enough about Arran at this point. And then there's Matthis, one of the most underrated characters in the series, in terms of personality. Really grinds my gears when people compare him to Makalov. Please. He risked his neck by joining Marth twice for the sake of his sister. Sure, he's a coward and an idiot, but you really cannot fault him for that when he's willing to push through his fear and risk dying for his sister that he realizes is leagues above him.

And then there's Vyland. What does Vyland get, exactly? He's, like... as far as the Wolfguard goes, Roshea's the kind-hearted cinnamon roll with a brain, Wolf's the suicidal fanatic, and then Sedgar and Vyland are just... kind of the same sort of middle ground, except Sedgar's at least a memorable unit in FE11, whereas Vyland's got absolutely nothing.

I like to joke about Tomas, but even Tomas has a couple of things going for him, jokes aside. Vyland might as well not exist.

Of course not. He knows the Goddess will protect him.

He knows the Goddess will protec*

Those thirteens are unlucky... for the enemy

Hahahah, couldn't have said it better.

One Kreiss thankfully prevented from multiplying.

Man's a hero. He is the one who deserves to multiply.

Did he pay Footballman before you got there? Perhaps he can work for him now.

That's LP canon now. Just lettin' all of ya who are reading this know.

Hell, his head's only deformed because his heart's made of gold. Those wounds came from somewhere you know.

Exactly.

On 21/3/2019 at 10:42 PM, Dayni said:

I mean, Mycen could be gay.

Him X Leon though? No, that's just awful.

Come now, have some fun, you party pooper.

Honestly, I'm more shocked you didn't think to use the Titania one because I hadn't changed in a while.

I lost track, sorry.

Don't jinx it man.

Besides you're the same guy who benched Gonzy. You have no appreciation of the amount of axes you need.

And YOU have no appreciation for a real axeman! Lot was literally invincible! He was faster than my swordsmen, sturdier than my generals, had double A ranks, tanked the Armads curse, killed Zephiel, and is a really great character to boot! Surpass that, lowly Brigand!

I don't know why I bother.

I don't know either.

You sure that came out wrong?

Yes, I am quite sure, why?

He's bow-locked on dismount?

Good luck on certain maps if he has to be there. Other than that he's fine.

He's about as bad as Raphael indoors, to be honest, only he doesn't have to worry about taking hits if one's careful.

Yes.

Yes I am.

You pick the weirdest units to like.

I will await your reveal.

6 levels from now. It's going to happen sooner than it did in my first run where I used him!

Speaking of good axes, Ippei's done Gonzy (and a Heroes OC I guess, but Gonzy!).

Good, but I still like Arran's card better.

On 22/3/2019 at 4:49 AM, eclipse said:

You're right, that was boring.  Even Arkis could've done some work on that map! :P:

1- He wouldn't have been able to harm the Knights at all.

2- The brave crossbow guys would've destroyed him in one round.

3- Zachariah.

Yeah, no. There's a limit to how bad enemy units can be, and I think Arkis'd get his ass handed to him by Sheena's troops from FE12, so there's that.

On 22/3/2019 at 6:28 AM, Hawkwing said:

Random genius pun for the day:

r88Br6.gif

If you're curious where I got it from.

Pfffffffft... amazing.

Now on to the update

Gotta pass the time somehow, and I know the feeling. Somehow, even my short ideas end up being detailed, and ten minutes turns into sixty.

I know what it is as well.

As a unit, Faye is a godsend. An extra cleric or Pegasus knight on Alm's route does wonders.

As a character, however... lets just say that she's pretty shallow, has a character archetype/gimmick that another person in the same game already has and handles better, and is overall just a missed opportunity where just about any other personality would have done the job without the controversy. Her only saving grace in that her behavior isn't treated as a good thing, and she doesn't try to distract people with fanservice. Oh, and the easter egg with Celica is actually pretty nice.

Ah, I see, so she's just a modern FE character. How come she doesn't have 10 Heroes alts yet?

If you want a portrait, just use these:

Reveal hidden contents

YexEdrtjRcrq6LfvvFic-TWSQ00IW83GVJiOqtODKfpI3g1biy6XbO6yXaIx3iW-BMz2NH_6e-qWkrAtawB74Ogro1MN3R1tr4GcJjJgytxL4_Nl-lIyfcwRLHu1zC3dYtYag-Sd5c945808d6038_Stupidfoxpic.PNG.28afc924e8993e2601e48eb33787c644.PNGimage.png.77ab1ba513834de5cb8e26ef53977dd8.png

tumblr_ndll4mamDu1rkv6jko1_1280.png

The Link one was the longest I had on Serenes Forest, while the Fox meme (which I actually don't care for; I just like the picture) was the longest I had on Discord. I also used Panne for a good while as an avatar on Discord, and the Mako face is a reaction I have way to often in real life. They're pretty much the only pictures I have that remain consistent in quality no matter what I'm using them for.

I think I'll instead find a picture of a hawk, cut the wing and use that. I might use Dougy for Dainy, just to spite him.

Well, Rigelians are tough. Duma's last words were poetic yet clear, despite having a sword lodged in his skull, and Jedah may give a 15 second speech face down in the mud.

AWGLORY... UNTODUMA HMHMHMHMHM your struggling is most precious.

See, there is such a thing as too much voice acting.

And then there was Charlie. A baron I named who survived several critical hits in a row, while being assaulted from both sides (he defending a corridor) by Clive, Mathilda, and Zeke. With his cape torn and armor chipped, Charlie went down fighting, never giving up despite the opposition against him.

I don't think there's a Charlie in FE, actually, so I don't see where you're coming from.

...Oh, wait! Further research has led me to the moment you refer to. Allow me to provide a picture.

Akkcmvav o

Yes, that is Charlie Sheen, I know you can't see his face and that kinda ruins the thing if you don't know the show.

EDIT: while proofreading the update, I noticed you said "a baron I created". Whoopsie-doodle. Oh, well, I already made the shitty edit, might as well leave it there.

Echoes model quality continues to baffle me. On the one hand, I love the designs, and they look awesome in motion. On the other, they kinda look ugly when they're just standing still, and the clipping issues are really dang noticeable. Especially when the former two games used the in-game models for story sequences, and it looked alright.

That's the 3DS for ya. It wasn't such a powerful console.

I understand where you're coming from even if I don't really have anything to comment on, and sometimes ranting can a good thing.

I suppose so.

Ah, DC animated fight scenes. I still watch those in my free time every now and again. Makes me regret that I didn't watch Justice League as a kid. I am curious on where to buy the movies, since I know those are pretty dang good.

Yeah, Youtube recommends me them every once in a while. Can't say I'm complaining. Nah, I save the complaints for when they bombard me with awfully edited Family Guy clips.

Nah, it's actually only around half a year old. Bought it to help with college, of which it has served its purpose well. I just found out that one of its quirks is that it is really picky about what it's fine with downloading.

I see...

Thought so. That was one of those shows I never knew if I would enjoy it or not.

I can understand that.

...I don't know whether to take that as a compliment, a backhanded compliment, a small jab, or a direct insult.

Go for a blend of backhanded compliment and small jab, that was the intention.

I thank and curse thee for linking to a Star Wars meme. I spent much longer than I should on that rabbit trail.

You can't just watch one Star Wars meme. You must watch as many as youtube recommends to you. Because not watching many Star Wars memes leads to fear, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate...

I really need to think about what I wish for.

All of you readers do, yeah. By this point you should know that I'm like a genie. A particularly incompetent one.

Looking at the Fire Emblem wiki... yeah, I think Gaius was the first and so far only playable character to have a bag in his portrait. Same with the generic thieves. Kaga really did do it first.

As usual.

What is it in fiction with tears having magical healing powers?

It's probably the salt.

Guess that means I won't spend three hours gathering ideas of what to say.

Neat.

Don't get me wrong. I love combat intensive encounters and story driven chapters, but there's something nice about knowing you won't spend more time than you'd like getting something done, y'know?

Also that nobody will die. You have no idea how happy that knowledge always makes me.

Useful, but not overpowered.

The best kind of unit.

You're panicking over any presence of crit rates will forever be amusing.

Didn't you read FE6? How can you blame me, after Treck, and Echidna, and Raigh?

No, but seriously, I never feared critical hits nearly as much before the LPs. Ironmanning in general changes one's perception.

Until it leads to another death, that is.

It will, one day. There is no escaping the crit deaths. FE6 taught me that. Treck...

And they kept his awesome turban, too. His sprite may not have every detail from his portrait, but it kept the most important part.

Yeah, they just replaced the white jacket and the red cloth with a golden robe. I think he won out in the end.

Because Gaiden was the only game where Kaga felt generous with recruitable characters, as Mathilda can easily hold her own, and so can Valbar, Leon, and Kamui.

After playing though a couple of chapters from Berwick Saga (that means 6 maps)...

Yeah. That game couldn't be any more difficult when it comes to handing units over. And let's not even get into the promotions... I fear I'll only be able to promote, like, one unit.

Oh wait. It's also the same game where Delthea starts as an enemy witch, and unlike in Echoes there's no subdue skill to make her easy to deal with. And you can screw up recruiting Deen or Sonya if you aren't paying attention. Guess Kaga isn't good at restraining himself.

He reaaaaally isn't. And just you wait until we get to Letena. Suffice to say, all those hoops I had to jump through were not all. Hoo, boy, not at all. The hard part has yet to come.

Well, churches are supposed to be a place of sanctuary, so perhaps he's not expecting anyone to be so sick to actually kill people of the cloth.

Except that isn't true in real life, there's a religion of evil in the game, and they already proved they're perfectly willing to kill people in their way. Yeah, I don't know what Footballman was thinking here.

Maybe he was sure the Goddess would protec him.

Sad to see this, but I won't blame you.

There's also the detail that my finances are in a pitiful state. Can't really afford to keep wasting money.

It's a cyclone of death

Garo couldn't find a drum

He thought he was in a button mashing beat-em-up

Garo decided to be friendly and try to repair his foes armor, but forgot to bring his hammer

And I ran out of things to say. Needless to say, I really like this gif.

Heheh, I like all the ideas.

I thought you said that Lionels first level up would be the only good one? Glad to see you were wrong

Nah, I said it was the second best level in the chapter, Garo's levels being first and third, respectively.

Guess he knew when to fold them.

I also guess punchable goatee man has a legitimate use.

Yes, he does, which puts him above... units that I am using, like Tom.

Wait... so Zach... has plot relevance?

Ah, just you wait.

Rejuvenation:

Spoiler

Last time, the most boring chapter in the history of mankind came to pass. Now, text that doesn't make me want to cut my wrists open, for once!

Y8xrvus9 o

Ergh, not too badly, that is. Come now, Lionheart, don't be so humble. You're light years above him.

Muvphmfm oNo one actually calls me that... How'd you figure it out?

1pcfv1ay oYou didn't exactly hide it. You said you were one of Granada's privateers, so I asked around.

1pcfv1ay oTurns out you're not just one of Granada's privateers, you're the only Granadan privateer! None of the other Granadan seamen have the gall to call themselves that.

Muvphmfm oYeah, well, I like to go against the current. I want to make it clear that we're nothing like a lowly band of pirates. Quite the opposite, actually!

1pcfv1ay oYou don't say...

Muvphmfm o...is something the matter, Lord Lionheart?

Gmhhyxnn oHe's thinking that you're a self-righteous idiot, Holmes.

Muvphmfm oWhen did you get behind me, Shigen?!

1pcfv1ay oI had no idea you were Admiral Vals's son!

Muvphmfm oPlease don't talk about him. I'd prefer to pretend he didn't exist.

1pcfv1ay oHa ha, if that's what you want. I'm going to see what condition those mongrels of Ahab's have left Blaad in. I'll leave the rest of them to you.

0zfd96rn o Is it just me or is the atmosphere really awkward every time Lionheart talks to Holmes? Like poor ol' Raziel regrets his every life choice whenever Holmes opens his mouth.

Yxilnq7w o

Njdtyjkp oThis man is still breathing, so I'm going to help him.

Muvphmfm oThat's the enemy commander, Katri. Just leave him.

Njdtyjkp oDon't disturb me, Holmes! I'm focusing! It'll only take a second, I promise.

Muvphmfm oYou idiot girl...

0zfd96rn o This again? Is this seriously what we're going for? The exact same plotline all over again?

Muvphmfm oO Goddess Yutona... Have pity on this man...

Ezu0xbq8 o

0zfd96rn o Aaaand he's alive after being cleaved in half by Garo. Of course. Katri has the power to bring people back from the dead, but she'll only use it on Maerchen and generics instead of Krishna, Attrom and Juliattisnacordst. Amazing. Just fucking brilliant.

Njdtyjkp oYay, he woke up!

P1zzgcas o Looking on the bright side, that was the most adorable thing ever. "Yay"... heh, good grief.

Ejjzw24y oWho are you...? Why did you help me?

Njdtyjkp oIt wasn't my idea. It was the will of the Goddess.

4p5tswyl o

P1zzgcas o I like how the game spends as little time as possible addressing the fact that nobody has any idea why anyone has done any of the things they've done in this scene, and inmediately moves on to the world's most blatant Deus Ex Machina.

Ejjzw24y oThank the Goddess you survived...

Njdtyjkp oMaria? Who's that?

0zfd96rn o Worst cleric in FE11, walking event flag in FE12.

Ejjzw24y oYou are she, milady! Princess Maria of Salia!

0zfd96rn o Oh.

Ejjzw24y oThat Brand of Yutona that you bear is unmistakable proof!

0zfd96rn o Ah, by the way, I'm pretty sure that her birthmark's implied to be on her chest. Just a fun fact. Leaving aside the obvious dirty joke, her robe covers everything. Not only is this a Deus Ex Machina, it's a badly-written Deus Ex Machina!

Njdtyjkp oMy birthmark is the Brand of Yuona...? Holmes did say I must be a descendant of the holy bloodline...

4lt3brpp o We know all this already!

Ejjzw24y oFifteen years ago, I was a royal guardsman serrving under King Dagnell's brother Ahab.

0zfd96rn o And to top it all off, we get the exposition dump to top all exposition dumps (uh, for now, at least) dumped on us, without warning. Yeah, when I said this update was going to be great, I meant "great" by Holmes's standards. It gets better, I promise.

Ejjzw24y oWhen you were born, Princess Maria, the king and queen were overjoyed, but Ahab saw your brand and called you a demon. He ordered me to kill the newborn princess to prevent another catastrophe like Kranion. I took you from your crib and brought you into the forest, but I couldn't do it. Instead, I stole the Ring of Salia and left you and it in the care of a priest who promised he would take you far away. But now you've returned here, to your homeland of Salia... Could this truly be a sign from the Goddess?

0zfd96rn o Given that we don't have a reason to be anywhere at all at this point, yeah, it probably is.

Ejjzw24y oNo... My sins are beyond redemption.

Fgxj2cho o

0zfd96rn o Then he just drops this, as if that's a normal thing to blurt out without warning just like that. Brilliant.

Muvphmfm oKatri--?! Thank goodness, she's only fainted...

Uantjy9u o

Muvphmfm oKatri's a delicate girl. She's been praying and hoping for years that one day she'd reunite with her birth parents. That was the dream that drove her... and you crushed it without a second thought!

T7avt8xv o

4lt3brpp o This is cutscene that never stops giving, isn't it? Why wait until AFTER her heart was crushed and she fainted to say this?! You... schweinhund!

Muvphmfm oThey are?!

Ejjzw24y oWhen Ahab first took the king and queen prisoner in his plot to steal the throne, he planned to execute them. That's when I made my decision to fight my liege and defend the true king. I refused to let him execute them. But in my actions he saw a weakness, and he has kept them secretly imprisoned for years in order to control my loyalty. They're being held in a hidden cell in the dungeons of Castle Salia.

0zfd96rn o Jesus, he even turned the insurrection of his strongest underling to his favor? Is Ahab the greatest evil guy or what? And this isn't even his most brilliant move today. Nah, we'll see that one later.

Ejjzw24y oBut it would be impossible to get them out without first gaining control of the castle. I beg of you, please save them! Now that I have been defeated, Ahab will certainly expel me as a failure, so it won't be long before he decides the king and queen aren't useful to him anymore, either.

0zfd96rn o Actual stakes? A real objective? A true menace to fight? Is this still Holmes's route? I cannot believe what I'm reading!

Xvfyfulj o

0zfd96rn o Oh, but just in case you thought Zach telling Katri that her parents are dead when they really aren't was the last stupid thing about all this, it turns out the most generic Morgan-like throwaway boss ever is PLAYABLE. Did you see that one coming?

Muvphmfm oI-I need a minute to think...

0zfd96rn o You? Only a minute?

Fvjjmvfg o

Well, in any case, at least it's over now.

Xa3q2sus o

Muvphmfm oI know what this is about... You want to go to Castle Salia, right? We don't even know if Zachariah was telling the truth or not yet. Don't get your hopes up so much.

Njdtyjkp oI'm trying not to... But... I believe what General Zachariah said.

0zfd96rn o You believed what Maerchen said. And it turned out you were right. Well, it may be dumb as fuck, but I can't deny that the game does a good job at subverting one's expectations. I know I wasn't expecting the game to do this idiotic shlock all over again!

Njdtyjkp oI've dreamt about finally meeting my birth parents so many times, I'm so excited that my heart's about to burst!

0zfd96rn o Well, as long as you don't forget the efforts of the man who almost died to save you from pirates... it always annoys me to no end when, in fiction, the "adoptive son" type of character just completely forgets about the person who actually raised them. Thankfully, as we'll be seeing later down the line, Katri's not at all like that.

Fvjjmvfg o3yx9pha7 o

1pcfv1ay oAre you with me?

Muvphmfm oI hate getting involved in wars, but I'll help you on one condition. Once we recover Castle Salia, if it turns our(sic) that the king and queen are still alive, you will swear your loyalty to them and to Katri.

1pcfv1ay oI was already planning on doing that, so that's easily done...

Muvphmfm oI wasn't finished. Then, when the king and queen die, you will succeed them as King of Salia.

Xtg6wqxy o

0zfd96rn o Uh, hate to be so nitpicky when you're being a semi-nice guy for once in your life, Holmes, but er... that's two conditions, I believe.

1pcfv1ay oI see... That's not for me to decide, Holmes. It'd be up to the royal family. However, I can promise you this: I will never let the innocent Princess Maria be used as a tool for political gain. Her well-being will be my first priority. You have my word, Holmes.

0zfd96rn o Now's when I get him killed. Oh, dear... perhaps I should bench him, just to ensure his safety.

Muvphmfm oI'm relieved to hear that, Lionheart. You're a man worthy of my trust. I know Katri will be in good hands with you. All right, shall we hit the road? I'd like to make this the last war I have to take part in.

14g1sy42 o

Finally! The scene that I've been looking forward to all update!

Yfkb0nt1 o

Uggd5dsm oNot you again... This will be the seventh time I've refused your job offer, Viceroy Ahab. Do you really expect me to change my mind?

Irgnjigb oI think you'll change your tune after seeing who's been slipping into my manor and stealing from my vault! It took a little roughing up, but eventually we got a confession out of the kid. Apparenlty, my missing treasures have been paying for your medicine for quite some time. As I'm sure you're well aware, stealing from a member of royalty is a grave crime. I'd rather not have to kill a kid, but the law is the law.

Uggd5dsm oBud, is it true!?

8hjyjt84 oI'm sorry, Rishel... I couldn't keep my promise...

0zfd96rn o ...whoa. Well played, Ahab, well played. They never outright state it, but I believe this is how this whole thing played out: Ahab knew that Bud had been stealing from him to pay for Rishel's medicine. He knew he could use that to sway Rishel. However, he had no proof, and since Bud had stopped stealing and got a job as per Rishel's request, he couldn't get any. So what did he do?

0zfd96rn o Remember when Bud's medicine disappeared after she left it "by the door"? Well, who had just left through that same door moments before Bud found out the medicine was gone? That's right, Ahab stole the medicine Bud had worked her ass off to buy in order to drive her into a corner: steal from him to afford to buy the medicine all over again, or risk Rishel's condition worsening while she makes the money for more medicine. She, of course, chose the first option, and you can probably guess the rest. All in all, he's played both of them like a fiddle. What a bad guy. Now THIS is a worthy foe! This game's Orlo, right here.

Uggd5dsm o...Viceroy Ahab. What would you ask of me in exchange for Bud's freedom?

T5ovwhvm o

0zfd96rn o Not to mention, he knows that this is do or die time. He realizes that this is the perfect time for Lionheart to come after him, so it's not like he needs to conscript Rishel forever or anything, risking him rebelling after a while. Nah, he just needs Rishel to help him scorch Lionheart when he inevitably comes for his head, and that's exactly what he'll have him do. Afterwards, there's no reason to keep the powerful mage who hates him around, so instead, he's offering him what seems like a "fair" deal, so that Rishel is led to believe that the best course of action is to just follow orders. After all, it's just a month in the army to save Bud's life, right?

P1zzgcas o Goodness, we need to get rid of this guy before he overthrows Guenchaos and the game becomes unwinnable.

Irgnjigb oWhat do you say, Rishel? I think that's more than fair, don't you?

Uggd5dsm o...I accept your gracious offer, Viceroy.

8hjyjt84 oDon't do it, Rishel! He's a crook! A no-good usurper!

Irgnjigb oNow then, Rishel, let us go to Castle Salia. You'll see your little friend here again in a month, hopefully with some better manners.

Uggd5dsm o(Hang in there, Bud...)

Klwuoio3 o

That was so refreshing. It'll be a shame when we kill him and go right back to throwaways, recolors and monsters.

8rz1dyzo oNp5cs5gf o

Speaking of the devil... the Hidden Village where Runan was last time we saw him is right below the Forbidden Bridge, by the way, so I think you can guess where we're going after we take care of Ahab.

8j4bny8p o

194nd6bu o

Ewap9cdf o

Kossjtqm o

Qepcieun o

Sguxgqph o

Otvbrs9f o

0ocs1obp o

Htso339a o

Kqwryco7 oMzyu6vpx o

Qcp4ais5 o

Zgxvm6e9 o

E7kh8mps o

Lb0m46ud o

F8zhtjvg o

Gibjmeat o

Nvy5n7kt o

Atsgh7ri o

Tgjrvvqf o

Yge8xoqn o

Ebwyukhh o

Hvpdwavc o

Oezugjgf o

Deus Ex Zach joined us two scenes before Ahab's masterful manipulation of Rishel and Bud, so you'd be forgiven for forgetting that he has, in fact, joined us. Let's talk about him before I forget again.

HP 55% - Strength 20% - Skill 20% - Speed 20% - Defense 15% - Magic 5% - Luck 30% - Mastery 15%

What you see is what you get. Whereas Norton has his Great Knight promotion, and Bill has his movement growth, Zach's got no way to improve his movement beyond the elusive move potion. He also has worse growths than the other two Knights, and worse skills too. His main attraction are his bases, which are extremely high. If you can get him there, he'll be nigh invincible. However, no magic and swordlock means no range. I think he's pretty good, his bases carry him a long way, although if you're playing fast I don't see how you could get him to the frontlines.

E1ellnsa oHxj56f00 o

Let's give the new units some less fancy stuff to fight with.

Onghb4xh o

And so, the time has come.

X0ptt68a o

Fancy title card, the type Ahab deserves, and Barbarossa should've had.

Yh1cyolo o

Well, shit. He sure left his best troops at home, didn't he?

Ra0b6vfp o

Ah, yeah. Here it is. Remember when I said that there are exactly 2 lines that I liked better in the old translation? Here's one of them. In the old translation, he said "Zachariah has betrayed us?!", which works better because that's just what he's done. Now, this line would work if Ahab had a conversation with Zach where he expressed surprise at seeing him alive and fighting against him, but Zach doesn't get a boss convo with him, so it just doesn't make any sense, whereas I could wrap my head around Ahab not wanting to speak to Zach after his betrayal.

But it's fine, this is but a minor nitpick. It doesn't take away from the great villain that's Ahab.

Euhp4opk oN6cniu0p o

And just for good measure, he reminds Rishel not to get any funny ideas. When you see what Rishel's stats and weaponry look like (especially his weaponry), you'll understand that we're in for one hell of a fight.

Sdkmup4k oFmovk1ba o

Njdtyjkp oHolmes...

Muvphmfm oYeah, I know. We'll go investigate the dungeons thoroughly once we've secured the place. Pretty exciting, eh Katri?

Njdtyjkp oIt all just seems so unreal... I'll finally be able to meet my real parents... And it's all thanks to you, Holmes! Thank you so much for everything!

4lt3brpp o Thanks to him? No thanks to him, he has nothing at all to do with this! In fact, his idea was to leave Zachariah for dead, which would've resulted in you never finding out that your daddies live still! Even though we would've still come to Salia for Lionheart, given where the dungeon is, you probably would never have found them, and they would've starved down there in their dinky cell, forgotten by all! If anything, you should be glad you paid his orders no mind!

Muvphmfm oGet off me, dammit! This is no time for hugs! We've got a battle to fight! It's not like I'm diong this only for your sake, anyway.

Njdtyjkp oI know that, but still... Thank you, Holmes.

Muvphmfm oSure, sure. Let's get going, shall we? Time to put that Ahab bastard in his place!

0zfd96rn o Sigh... what a shame, too. A piece of crap as though he may be, he's a better character than you, Holmes.

Oh, well. Next time, we defeat Ahab and take back what's Lionheart's. The stakes are high, time runs short, and we've even got a hostage situation on our hands. How will everything play out? Will I be able to save Bud and Rishel? Is Zachariah telling the truth? And just what other aces does Ahab have up his sleeve? Find out the answers to these questions and more in the next update! Till then, I beg that you fare well!

Death count: Attrom
                        Juliattisnacordst
                        Sharon
                        Krishna

Reset count: 2 (Runan: 1 - Katri: 1)

Dullahan's done with my incompetence: 3

I do like Zach a lot. Sure, he is too slow on most maps but his massive bases ensure you can just deploy him whenever it's convenient without having to worry about him falling behind in terms of stats. Heck, he is actually a fair bit more durable then Barbarossa. Slower, sure. But nothing that is fast enough to double Zach has the power to get through that 18 defense, let alone drain all of his 50 HP.

Edited by BrightBow

50 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sorry, I just can't see what your issue is. No matter how hard I look at it, the perspective's perfectly fine. And no matter how hard I look at your comment, I cannot see what the joke is! Goddamn you, tell me the joke or I shall sacrifice Arkis!

This

53 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's LP canon that I'm a great mage when I want to be.

More like when a Deus Ex Machina is needed

58 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Deus Ex Zach

Deus Ex Zachina, you mean.

59 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Kqwryco7 oMzyu6vpx o

It'd kill her. Ruben we get it she is dead, gone, mo shinderu totally and completely super PERMENANTLY mega Bites Za Dusto. Except that she's gonna be totally fine thanks to the magic rock of horrible gameplay-story integration. 

Till then, I beg that you fare well!

Beg then.

54 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Who cares about Holmes? He's almost as much of a hopeless idiot as Arkis.

To Arkis credit, he didn't lead the team into an area with the goddamn witch dragon.

Now all you need is for Frey and all your sword users to die, and it'll truly be a Saint Rubenio run.

Cecille refusing to get defense or HP until she couldn't survive against enemies forcing me to bench her for the original edgelord who proceeded to nearly get killed in Khaiden due to a screw up goes a good way to it. Then it kind of breaks it in half by the fact you've avoided that archetype like the plague... and he survived what should have been my first fatality by all rights.

I don't know. That plan makes no sense. Kind of makes you wonder if he does everything in such a round-about convoluted way. Like he asks a maid to prepare breakfast, but deliberately sets up a bunch of traps in the kitchen and arranges for her to be forced to go on a shop by already having all the food elsewhere so he can make his own breakfast so that when she gets back from the store it's time for lunch and she prepares that for him instead. Then never explains it because she has to beat him in battle first for some reason. Actually, maybe Rudolf's plan was also a suicide. Kill two birds with one stone.

Richard should be in the dictionary, next to the word "dick". Just his face is the whole definition. They say an image is worth a thousand words, right?

Reminds me of that meme with the app where it compares a user's face from a photo to a work of art, and the unfortunate man whose face got ""74% match" with Michaelangelo's David's crotch.

Motherfucker, that's the most outlandish thing I've read all month.

To be fair, Keiran is practically comedy gold. He takes the "reckless red Cavalier" to it's ultimate end-point of being an idiot, a braggart and a hazard to his own health (which is backed up by the fact he's a good unit in PoR). His supports with the Green Cavalier, Oscar, show he considers Oscar his "rival", though it's not reciprocated at all. His supports with Rhys subvert the character growth of a typical support chain in comedic fashion, as Rhys, being a level-headed healer, tries to stop him wrecklessly endangering himself. When you think Rhys has achieved the impossible as Keiran promises to take it easy with his training in future, suddenly Keiran sights a bear and runs off to wrestle it. Guy is both a good unit and flat entertaining. Definitely a worthwhile investment... well in PoR.

I like to joke about Tomas, but even Tomas has a couple of things going for him, jokes aside. Vyland might as well not exist.

Like the fact he's pretty useful in a certain BS Fire Emblem map, a solid option for Parthia if you didn't train someone else in New Mystery, and using/praising him is just a smart thing to do on these forums for reasons? Or the fact I've been let down by Gordin before in Shadow Dragon, and he gives me a second chance for a green haired-sniper.

I think I'll instead find a picture of a hawk, cut the wing and use that. I might use Dougy for Dainy, just to spite him.

I would have taken Darkwing Duck, and switched the bill for a hawk's beak.

I have a tendency to say "any" thanks to that scene in Final Fantasy X where Laughing Sports Man explains how he got his name.

I don't think there's a Charlie in FE, actually, so I don't see where you're coming from.

Charlie is basically the Valentian third cousin of Sid, a character who wields a lance and goes into a battle he can't hope to win bravely, winning the player's heart and a name.

All of you readers do, yeah. By this point you should know that I'm like a genie. A particularly incompetent one.

Let's see. I wish that you deliver upon this wish with absolutely no incompetence

Maybe he was sure the Goddess would protec him.

This is worse plagiarism than that "Turbo The Porcupine" game that second hand game store used to have.

55 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, he does, which puts him above... units that I am using, like Tom.

Tom is clearly a tank. How is that not a use?

57 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Njdtyjkp oIt wasn't my idea. It was the will of the Goddess.

The Goddess protec the plot.

58 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

0zfd96rn o Worst cleric in FE11, walking event flag in FE12.

0zfd96rn o Oh.

Wait... Maria's here too? I knew she was pretty much gone mentally after that Michalis incident, but why the hell is she here? Can Matthis and Frost resolve old plot points?

Ah, by the way, I'm pretty sure that her birthmark's implied to be on her chest. Just a fun fact. Leaving aside the obvious dirty joke, her robe covers everything. Not only is this a Deus Ex Machina, it's a badly-written Deus Ex Machina!

Obviously he has X-ray vision. Which is how... nope. I don't even have something to attribute to it. This one's a bust.

I-I need a minute to think...

0zfd96rn o You? Only a minute?

This is Holmes. The thought's probably something like "hey, why did we try and fight that witch dragon anyway?". You know something that took this long to occur to him.

This game's Orlo, right here.

So do we get a recolour that calling retarded would be an insult to those geniunely mentally handicapped?

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And YOU have no appreciation for a real axeman! Lot was literally invincible! He was faster than my swordsmen, sturdier than my generals, had double A ranks, tanked the Armads curse, killed Zephiel, and is a really great character to boot! Surpass that, lowly Brigand!

My point is, never enough.

Lot was a Lot. He wasn't enough though, especially with the amount of replacements you had to have.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You pick the weirdest units to like.

Well, sometimes I want to see a meme unit get his chances. :P

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Good, but I still like Arran's card better.

Didn't say otherwise, just wanted to point out that one because I liked it.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

At least get me name right if you're planning on using it in a manner like that.

And why would you want someone you liked so much for memeing on me? :P

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

1pcfv1ay oTurns out you're not just one of Granada's privateers, you're the only Granadan privateer! None of the other Granadan seamen have the gall to call themselves that.

Muvphmfm oYeah, well, I like to go against the current. I want to make it clear that we're nothing like a lowly band of pirates. Quite the opposite, actually!

1pcfv1ay oYou don't say...

Muvphmfm o...is something the matter, Lord Lionheart?

Gmhhyxnn oHe's thinking that you're a self-righteous idiot, Holmes.

Muvphmfm oWhen did you get behind me, Shigen?!

Suddenly, telepathy!

Is everyone just mind reading each other?

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ejjzw24y oThat Brand of Yutona that you bear is unmistakable proof!

SHE HAS THE BRAND!

Also, Maria? Maeve? Do all these kids have birth names beginning with M?

0zfd96rn o Ah, by the way, I'm pretty sure that her birthmark's implied to be on her chest. Just a fun fact. Leaving aside the obvious dirty joke, her robe covers everything. Not only is this a Deus Ex Machina, it's a badly-written Deus Ex Machina!

Dammit Kaga.

I should be keeping score.

Njdtyjkp oMy birthmark is the Brand of Yuona...? Holmes did say I must be a descendant of the holy bloodline...

4lt3brpp o We know all this already!

She didn't, did she?

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Uantjy9u o

Muvphmfm oKatri's a delicate girl. She's been praying and hoping for years that one day she'd reunite with her birth parents. That was the dream that drove her... and you crushed it without a second thought!

Woah, when did Holmes care for Katri's wellbeing?

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
T7avt8xv o

4lt3brpp o This is cutscene that never stops giving, isn't it? Why wait until AFTER her heart was crushed and she fainted to say this?! You... schweinhund!

Zach here never learned diplomacy. 

As we know based on events.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ejjzw24y oWhen Ahab first took the king and queen prisoner in his plot to steal the throne, he planned to execute them. That's when I made my decision to fight my liege and defend the true king. I refused to let him execute them. But in my actions he saw a weakness, and he has kept them secretly imprisoned for years in order to control my loyalty. They're being held in a hidden cell in the dungeons of Castle Salia.

0zfd96rn o Jesus, he even turned the insurrection of his strongest underling to his favor? Is Ahab the greatest evil guy or what? And this isn't even his most brilliant move today. Nah, we'll see that one later.

That's a clever play.

Ahab probably could have gotten him killed since though, once he'd built up enough loyal support.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ejjzw24y oBut it would be impossible to get them out without first gaining control of the castle. I beg of you, please save them! Now that I have been defeated, Ahab will certainly expel me as a failure, so it won't be long before he decides the king and queen aren't useful to him anymore, either.

0zfd96rn o Actual stakes? A real objective? A true menace to fight? Is this still Holmes's route? I cannot believe what I'm reading!

I believe this is your reaction to this revelation.

Xvfyfulj o

0zfd96rn o Oh, but just in case you thought Zach telling Katri that her parents are dead when they really aren't was the last stupid thing about all this, it turns out the most generic Morgan-like throwaway boss ever is PLAYABLE. Did you see that one coming?

No, but then again Norton was the same.

Njdtyjkp oI'm trying not to... But... I believe what General Zachariah said.

0zfd96rn o You believed what Maerchen said. And it turned out you were right. Well, it may be dumb as fuck, but I can't deny that the game does a good job at subverting one's expectations. I know I wasn't expecting the game to do this idiotic shlock all over again!

It's like she has plot armour.

Oh wait.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

0zfd96rn o Well, as long as you don't forget the efforts of the man who almost died to save you from pirates... it always annoys me to no end when, in fiction, the "adoptive son" type of character just completely forgets about the person who actually raised them. Thankfully, as we'll be seeing later down the line, Katri's not at all like that.

What indicated she would be?

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

1pcfv1ay oI see... That's not for me to decide, Holmes. It'd be up to the royal family. However, I can promise you this: I will never let the innocent Princess Maria be used as a tool for political gain. Her well-being will be my first priority. You have my word, Holmes.

0zfd96rn o Now's when I get him killed. Oh, dear... perhaps I should bench him, just to ensure his safety.

Or get him imprisoned for over a decade and cause a second Ahab to reign over Salia.

I mean with a name like that it's bound to happen.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

0zfd96rn o ...whoa. Well played, Ahab, well played. They never outright state it, but I believe this is how this whole thing played out: Ahab knew that Bud had been stealing from him to pay for Rishel's medicine. He knew he could use that to sway Rishel. However, he had no proof, and since Bud had stopped stealing and got a job as per Rishel's request, he couldn't get any. So what did he do?

Remember when Bud's medicine disappeared after she left it "by the door"? Well, who had just left through that same door moments before Bud found out the medicine was gone? That's right, Ahab stole the medicine Bud had worked her ass off to buy in order to drive her into a corner: steal from him to afford to buy the medicine all over again, or risk Rishel's condition worsening while she makes the money for more medicine. She, of course, chose the first option, and you can probably guess the rest. All in all, he's played both of them like a fiddle. What a bad guy. Now THIS is a worthy foe! This game's Orlo, right here.

Ahab, how could you be such a hypocrite?

Oh who am I kidding, of course he'd do it the rat bastard.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

0zfd96rn o Not to mention, he knows that this is do or die time. He realizes that this is the perfect time for Lionheart to come after him, so it's not like he needs to conscript Rishel forever or anything, risking him rebelling after a while. Nah, he just needs Rishel to help him scorch Lionheart when he inevitably comes for his head, and that's exactly what he'll have him do. Afterwards, there's no reason to keep the powerful mage who hates him around, so instead, he's offering him what seems like a "fair" deal, so that Rishel is led to believe that the best course of action is to just follow orders. After all, it's just a month in the army to save Bud's life, right?

P1zzgcas o Goodness, we need to get rid of this guy before he overthrows Guenchaos and the game becomes unwinnable.

..... Well, he could mean it. He had done so with Zach so far.

Also, that sounds like a legit threat that could work if Guenchaos didn't seem more OP than Nergal.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Sguxgqph o
Otvbrs9f o

Lydia might need a therapy session.

Or a dozen, whatever's called for.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Kqwryco7 oMzyu6vpx o

The reunion is gonna suck so hard.

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
E7kh8mps oLb0m46ud oF8zhtjvg o

Did Arran fuck up again?

Or is this the same thing driving him to death?

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Gibjmeat o

L'Oreal?

WD40?

Extensions?

Botox?

I'll see myself out.

Nvy5n7kt o

So seemingly nothing new, but who knows?

You do @Saint Rubenio

Atsgh7ri o

Could be worse, they could be listening to Simple Plan at full blast.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
X0ptt68a o

Fancy title card, the type Ahab deserves, and Barbarossa should've had.

Yh1cyolo o

Methinks this is part of that mountain range that Lyn passes my in BS. Talivar Mountains, I think.

Yep, I finally have a comparison to Bizzaro Sacae for the first time in a while.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Njdtyjkp oIt all just seems so unreal... I'll finally be able to meet my real parents... And it's all thanks to you, Holmes! Thank you so much for everything!

4lt3brpp o Thanks to him? No thanks to him, he has nothing at all to do with this! In fact, his idea was to leave Zachariah for dead, which would've resulted in you never finding out that your daddies live still! Even though we would've still come to Salia for Lionheart, given where the dungeon is, you probably would never have found them, and they would've starved down there in their dinky cell, forgotten by all! If anything, you should be glad you paid his orders no mind!

Wow Katri, she should probably leave him with the sweet F All he's done for her.

Maybe that reset hit her harder than we thought.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Bitch, please. Arran put the Grim Reaper on hold for an entire war so he could redeem himself and help his liege. Rudolf the Red Nosed Lord of a Dead Empire and his god-awful plan cannot compare to that.

As one of the few people who understands Rudolf's plan, it actually isn't that bad. By giving support to one side of a recent civil war in Zofia, he escalated the conflict significantly, turning it from an internal affair to a continental one. What Rudolf was seeking was a total war on both sides that no matter who won, the entire continent would have to be conquered in order for the conflict to be resolved. And if the victor wanted to keep it united, they would need to learn the other sides virtue (I.E. Rigel would need Mila's love and compassion in order to win over the people of Zofia and prevent them from rebelling, and Zofia would need Duma's strength and discipline in order to overcome the mighty Rigelian army and, again, keep the people from rebelling) which was perhaps the main goal of the entire war. And Rudolf was willing to play the role of the villain if that was needed.

Alm was a far riskier yet extremely rewarding part of that plan. Even if Rudolf didn't put much stalk into the prophecy himself, he knew that there were people in the Duma Faithful who would, and some of those people would be fanatical enough to kill a child. Plus, if it were true, then he had a way of eliminating Duma, who was at this point almost entirely insane and a husk of his former self, and Mila was well on the path to reaching the same fate. Rudolf couldn't kill the mad god himself, because that would raise questions and chaos over why the emperor would slay their patron deity, not to mention the massive opposition by the Duma Faithful. Thus, Rudolf gave Alm to Mycen in the hopes that the boy would grow strong and balanced in the virtues of both nations, and that he would one day even slay Duma. Because it was war, Alm was at risk at dying at any moment, but the reward would be that a balanced hero could wield the Falchion and put Duma to rest, ending the gods reign.

Ah, I see, so she's just a modern FE character. How come she doesn't have 10 Heroes alts yet?

Except the modern FE character (usually) has some depth under their one-dimensional facade. Faye unfortunately doesn't. And the reason she doesn't have any alts is simply because she's is modestly dressed.

Use the Fox picture. I wasted attachment space for that. Well, maybe not wasted, as I used the Panne one several times, so I might bring it again.

That... is surprisingly literal, but I don't blame you for taking it. At least it's obvious who it will be referring to.

5 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

I would have taken Darkwing Duck, and switched the bill for a hawk's beak.

Depite having never watched the show (in fact, I first leared about it)

Agreed. Specially since it limited their options if they wanted to go back and change things, or rewrite/add a support.

I enjoy the games story, but I do wonder at points when a flaw is present because of the writers making a mistake or because time and money constraints didn't allow them to fix issues or go in as much depth or detail as they would have liked.

EDIT: while proofreading the update, I noticed you said "a baron I created". Whoopsie-doodle. Oh, well, I already made the shitty edit, might as well leave it there.

Eh, I don't understand it in the first place, but the picture was kinda funny, so it's okay.

It was also on the Last Bastion level. A map that extremely simple in design... but damn is it efficient for the purpose of being a defense fort that limits the offensive armies options.

5 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

Charlie is basically the Valentian third cousin of Sid, a character who wields a lance and goes into a battle he can't hope to win bravely, winning the player's heart and a name.

Funnily enough, Gaiden/Echoes takes place one year after Shadow Dragon, and one year before Mystery of the Emblem. Given the kind of travel that takes place in this story, that may actually be  LP canon. Maybe.

You can't just watch one Star Wars meme. You must watch as many as youtube recommends to you. Because not watching many Star Wars memes leads to fear, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate...

I would, but I have to go to Tosche station to pick up some power converters.

In that case, I should probably start subtly hinting at random things I want to see you photoshop together...

It's probably the salt.

Considering how priceless salt was in the past, I would not be surprised if mythical legends were brought up about it.

Didn't you read FE6? How can you blame me, after Treck, and Echidna, and Raigh?

I remember them.

I also remember the immense anger and frustration that occurred immediately afterwards.

No, but seriously, I never feared critical hits nearly as much before the LPs. Ironmanning in general changes one's perception.

I have to agree here. Ironmanning Awakening was a unique experience, and I honestly don't see myself turning classic mode off for that game now. And a critical hit killing Libra legitimately made playing through the final parts of the game sorrowful. And Donnel would have (barely) survived dying if he had gained a single point of defense when he leveled up. It really does change how one looks at the gae

On the other hand, when I ironmanned the game on hard mode, my reactions to Nowi, Tharja, and Gregor dying amounted to "meh". Didn't help they were pretty average at the point of their death.

After playing though a couple of chapters from Berwick Saga (that means 6 maps)...

Yeah. That game couldn't be any more difficult when it comes to handing units over. And let's not even get into the promotions... I fear I'll only be able to promote, like, one unit.

comic584.png

Link: http://www.awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=101518

There's also the detail that my finances are in a pitiful state. Can't really afford to keep wasting money.

I would have mentioned that originally, but I recalled the importance of tithing goes much deeper than just providing to the church with money, and how Jesus stated that the widow who gave two coins gave more than the men who donated their large riches, for the widow gave all she had to God. I didn't really find a way to state that without making it seem... critical, I suppose? Despite that not being the intent.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

0zfd96rn o Aaaand he's alive after being cleaved in half by Garo. Of course. Katri has the power to bring people back from the dead, but she'll only use it on Maerchen and generics instead of Krishna, Attrom and Juliattisnacordst. Amazing. Just fucking brilliant.

In other words, people who don't have their sprite disappear into thin air when they die.

0zfd96rn o Ah, by the way, I'm pretty sure that her birthmark's implied to be on her chest. Just a fun fact. Leaving aside the obvious dirty joke, her robe covers everything. Not only is this a Deus Ex Machina, it's a badly-written Deus Ex Machina!

Reminds me of Alms birthmark that people can supposedly notice, despite the fact that he's wearing a glove. The only time I can think of it being reasonable (outside of the prologue) is when Berkut injures Alms hand in a cutscene, but even that's a lackluster excuse.

Uantjy9u o

Part of me want's to say that this is a sign that Holmes is going through character development, or at least has more depth to him that what appears at first. Yet I can't shake the nagging feeling that he's still not over her summoning a bunch of zombies bringing her parents back.

Huh, so this casual talking man is much more clever than he appears...

Xtg6wqxy o

0zfd96rn o Uh, hate to be so nitpicky when you're being a semi-nice guy for once in your life, Holmes, but er... that's two conditions, I believe.

The last one is a two-parter.

Muvphmfm o I'd like to make this the last war I have to take part in.

Uh... Holmes? You do realize that privateers make most of their profit from wars, right? Heck, you can't even really become a privateer without a Letter of Marque, which is authorization to sink and raid enemy ships and give some of the treasure to the original nation. There are only so many pirates in the world that everyone hates, and they aren't always the most reliable source of income. Heck, one of said pirates is part of your army!

They may not be pirates, but maybe Holmes should rename his group to be "Freelance Mercenary Treasure-Hunters. Hire by Land or Sea."

0zfd96rn o Remember when Bud's medicine disappeared after she left it "by the door"? Well, who had just left through that same door moments before Bud found out the medicine was gone? That's right, Ahab stole the medicine Bud had worked her ass off to buy in order to drive her into a corner: steal from him to afford to buy the medicine all over again, or risk Rishel's condition worsening while she makes the money for more medicine. She, of course, chose the first option, and you can probably guess the rest. All in all, he's played both of them like a fiddle. What a bad guy. Now THIS is a worthy foe! This game's Orlo, right here.

That... dang...

I wish I could say something more substantial, but Ahab is definitely living up to his namesake of being a bad guy (although the Biblical Ahab humbled himself several times, and his wife, Jezebele, was the scheming one).

Uggd5dsm o...Viceroy Ahab. What would you ask of me in exchange for Bud's freedom?

T5ovwhvm o

That... is even more genius.

Are we sure Thawn or Xanatos didn't jump franchises inbetween media?

The up and down of incredibly pragmatic villains.

Euhp4opk oN6cniu0p o

I like the exchange of both sides here. It's a begrudging team-up, and both sides have to keep their end of the bargain or face the consequences.

9 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

Funnily enough, Gaiden/Echoes takes place one year after Shadow Dragon, and one year before Mystery of the Emblem. Given the kind of travel that takes place in this story, that may actually be  LP canon. Maybe.

Still would be weird if it were, because Sid's from Elibe. But then can it really be weirder than the fact we got reincarnation children in Fates?

As one of the few people who understands Rudolf's plan

Honestly, I feel that Rudolf's plan makes more sense in Gaiden by virture of being less dependent on Alm. Echoes, by addition of the birthmarks & prophecy really increased the importance of Alm and Celica to the plan, when in Gaiden it was just kind of a happy bonus that Rudolf's son was the one to see it through and any sufficiently strong leader from Zofia would have done the job. Long story short, the Gaiden version kind of hedged his bets in numerous ways not the least of which was sending one of his most skilled men to Zofia to train his son, giving them a potential champion, while the Echoes version was more putting all his eggs in one basket due to a prophecy.

Depite having never watched the show (in fact, I first leared about it)

Kind of funny in that it's the first thing I think of every time I see your user name. Kind of like mine was a pun on "Mad-man"... with a Fire Emblem twist of course.

he's still not over her summoning a bunch of zombies bringing her parents back.

In retrospect, the fact neither Law or her parents ever died makes that battle even more pointless. Which reminds me. Why doesn't the Aum staff work on plot deaths in Shadow Dragon and New Mystery? I mean you'd think Marth could have used it to bring his mother or father back, or Lorenz, or Boah, or maybe a non-possessed Hardin. Honestly, being me, I might have used it to bring an enemy I hated back just so I could kill them a second time, if I could think of one worth it. Damn story and gameplay segregation to hell.

On 3/25/2019 at 3:19 AM, Mad-manakete said:

Honestly, I feel that Rudolf's plan makes more sense in Gaiden by virture of being less dependent on Alm. Echoes, by addition of the birthmarks & prophecy really increased the importance of Alm and Celica to the plan, when in Gaiden it was just kind of a happy bonus that Rudolf's son was the one to see it through and any sufficiently strong leader from Zofia would have done the job. Long story short, the Gaiden version kind of hedged his bets in numerous ways not the least of which was sending one of his most skilled men to Zofia to train his son, giving them a potential champion, while the Echoes version was more putting all his eggs in one basket due to a prophecy.

I both love and hate the addition of the prophecy so much. On the one hand, it makes more sense why Rudolf sent Alm away, because even if the prophesy turned out to be false, there would be fanatical members of the Duma Faithful who would be willing to kill a child in order to save their god. And if was true, then it would be wise to have the child be raised and trained by a soldier why being in a land filled with blessings and mercy.

On the other hand, it appears like "prophesy 'chosen one' bullcrap" at first glance, which annoys me when people use that to criticize Echoes story, even though I understand why they do. We also don't know whether or not Rudolf had any back-up plans in the event that Alm died. It doesn't help that it is a factor that breaks the games aesop from a narrative standpoint, although seeing the in-universe consequences is one of the main reasons why I am intrigued by the possibilities of a sequel.

Kind of funny in that it's the first thing I think of every time I see your user name. Kind of like mine was a pun on "Mad-man"... with a Fire Emblem twist of course.

Whoops. Forgot to finish the sentence. I meant to say that my percussion teacher first introduced our class to the song during percussion band camp (since we had to do two weeks instead of one to memorize the music).

And my username came about from playing a online web game about the Warriors book series. I received the name "Hawkpaw", and I half jokingly suggested what my warrior name would be (since the suffix of a cats name depends upon their rank. A kitten is Sandkit, apprentice is Sandpaw, warrior is Sandstorm, etc.). He suggested "Hawkwing" and the name stuck. I also went by Ratchet54, but I use that username less oten nowadays due to me never having played the Ratchet & Clank series and because not every website requires numbers in the username.

In retrospect, the fact neither Law or her parents ever died makes that battle even more pointless. Which reminds me. Why doesn't the Aum staff work on plot deaths in Shadow Dragon and New Mystery? I mean you'd think Marth could have used it to bring his mother or father back, or Lorenz, or Boah, or maybe a non-possessed Hardin. Honestly, being me, I might have used it to bring an enemy I hated back just so I could kill them a second time, if I could think of one worth it. Damn story and gameplay segregation to hell.

Similar deal with why Alm or Celica never bring their relatives back using the sacred springs. I can understand why it's not a common occurrence, seeing as they're located in monster filled dungeons after all, but it seems to be a plot hole in anything that has resurrection as a gameplay element (except for Planescape: Torment, but that's because it's a major plot point why the protagonist cannot die).

Also, did something happen with the pictures, or is that just my computer not liking certain images again?

13 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

I both love and hate the addition of the prophecy so much. On the one hand, it makes more sense why Rudolf sent Alm away, because even if the prophesy turned out to be false, there would be fanatical members of the Duma Faithful who would be willing to kill a child in order to save their god. And if was true, then it would be wise to have the child be raised and trained by a soldier why being in a land filled with blessings and mercy.

On the other hand, it appears like "prophesy 'chosen one' bullcrap" at first glance, which annoys me when people use that to criticize Echoes story, even though I understand why they do. We also don't know whether or not Rudolf had any back-up plans in the event that Alm died. It doesn't help that it is a factor that breaks the games aesop from a narrative standpoint, although seeing the in-universe consequences is one of the main reasons why I am intrigued by the possibilities of a sequel.

The bigger, fundamental problem with the existence of a prophecy is that it goes against the whole "mankind moving past the influence of the gods" theme. Because a prophecy means that "destiny" is at play. And "destiny" means things are decided by a higher power, in other words: the gods.

15 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

Similar deal with why Alm or Celica never bring their relatives back using the sacred springs. I can understand why it's not a common occurrence, seeing as they're located in monster filled dungeons after all, but it seems to be a plot hole in anything that has resurrection as a gameplay element (except for Planescape: Torment, but that's because it's a major plot point why the protagonist cannot die).

I always figured there was a time limit to it, and characters that die too long before the game are thereby out of reach due to their soul passing on or something. So, while I could see Marth's father being too long dead due to dying before the prologue, the fact that Marth's mother would have been executed either during or after the prologue and you can resurrect non-sacrifice characters who die in the prologue, I'd say she should be fine. Likewise as a character can die in chapter 1 of New Mystery, you can bring them back, making the major story deaths like Hardin, Boah and Lorenz applicable as well.

For Alm and Celica, I'm not sure how long before the game Lima dies, but her siblings and mother are most likely too long. Lima could technically be by virtue of being before you can have a real fatality. One could argue you could bring back Rudolf, Rinoa or Fernand. Maybe Berkut. But the possibility of any of them being hostile on being brought back is there, due to Rudolf having planned to die, Fernand having been a bit of a dick, and Rinoa being in that fire state when she died. Berkut would likely still be insane.

Fates may be the most clear seeing as you can only use Bifrost on the same battle as someone dies, thus avoiding plot-holes, as any story deaths occur sufficiently before it falls into your possession. Ironic, that Fates may be the best at not making a plot problem with that.

My entire problem is that it feels like he didn't have a backup plan. Here's my idea for a twist, Alm was the backup plan to Berkut, who would have succeeded Rudolf if he learned the compassion and humility needed to rule both countries, which he failed to do, poetically making it so Berkut's belief he was never to be king is false because it's entirely his own fault that Alm ended up being king instead because he failed to learn the lessons he needed. I don't think a prophecy was needed for that reason. If you make Alm being sent away part of a contingency plan, then you've got reason for him being sent away without it looking like over-trust in a prophecy that mightn't even play out. Rudolf then comes across as a better planner, Berkut's fate becomes poetic, and Alm isn't some chosen one but just what Berkut could have been had he been a better man. Of course, even then I'm admittedly working with one of the writing's greatest successes. Berkut was well done as it is.

And my username came about from playing a online web game about the Warriors book series. I received the name "Hawkpaw", and I half jokingly suggested what my warrior name would be (since the suffix of a cats name depends upon their rank. A kitten is Sandkit, apprentice is Sandpaw, warrior is Sandstorm, etc.). He suggested "Hawkwing" and the name stuck. I also went by Ratchet54, but I use that username less oten nowadays due to me never having played the Ratchet & Clank series and because not every website requires numbers in the username.

On an unrelated note, I once cared for a sick hawk when I was in high-school (I believe it was a brown goshawk off memory). It didn't make it in the end as it's illness was alas from eating rats that a neighbour poisoned (Lyn's grandfather's line about too much poison for too long fits oddly well here, even if his survival was a difference), but it trusted me enough to perch on my hand so I could feed it chicken, something it simply wouldn't do for others. I've still got two of it's feathers as a keepsake. Not much to do with anything, but I thought I'd relate it anyway.