Chaos reigns when I take the reins! - Let's play Tear Ring saga, Ironman mode, while being terrible at Fire Emblem!

Saint Rubenio

In a topic where I talked so much, I didn't see some of the responses.

I may have noticed some things.

3 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

People discussing disturbing events as if they were simple business actions is always disgusting. As hilarious as the memes are, it's a reason I don't think I could really ever get into games like Dwarf Fortress or Crusader Kings.

I mean, as someone who's played plenty of CKII, I get you actually.

Then again, I usually don't play too tyrannically or tortuously. Not to the extent of not plotting, but I'm not killing without reason and not every plot's about killing. Even if it's pragmatic, it can be a bit difficult to expect everyone to disconnect the actions in a game with implications of those actions in reality.

The game has other issues, like it's spreadsheety nature (My brother referred to it as a spreadsheet game) and the DLC mire the game's ended up in.

Y'know? Given his reaction to Plum earlier, I'm kind of curious if Holmes is just disillusioned to the point of desensitization about those kind of issues in the world. It wouldn't surprise me if that ended up being the case, but it does raise questions about how much shit he's seen to become that way.

I'm not sure if his past justifies it actually.

Um... I don't know whether or not I want to ask this kind of relationship between them is canon....

Canon? (Oh, ending spoilers here)

Spoiler

The ending can have Shigen and her together: This is one of those pairings that can actually be affected by in game events, but Saint Rubenio's triggered her event with him (I don't know if there's another event, but I think not. Also, there's other people he can be with, but I'm not sure how those events impact on one another and which would go first).

So it's a paired ending, but only really canon to this run.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I find to be the most amusing part about the "5 minutes of being the helmsman" is that Holmes is actually correct, since a common rule of RPGs is that talking is a free action, so talking doesn't use up your turn, enemies don't attack you mid speech, and the actual text dump was law talking like Eminem; Holmes army was just losing their collective shit over literally 5 minutes of Holmes not at the wheel (chaos reigned when Garo took the reins). Also weirdly enough I'd assume maerchen to actually not suck if he were helmsman since he did run his own ship somewhat successfully until homes sailed up. (Show me albertus being terrified of water because fire dragon plz) 

Anyway I went ahead and ordered onion rings for the whole table. 

7 hours ago, Dayni said:

The first I played at all was 6, but I never finished it on the PS1 as the disc broke. I only really started on finishing titles when I got 3 and 4 on the DS (I recommend the DS version for both btw, 4 especially if you haven't played it). I don't claim to have finished them all (2 can die in a hole, I've yet to finish 7's third disk, I didn't get into 8, I haven't played 10 in close to a decade and I was on the mountain path last I played, 12's system was also offputting and 13 is unfortunate. 15 is untouched) but I would say only 7 and 10 have a chance of getting in the top three for me (which is 9, 6 (Question mark there actually) and 4). 5 is alright (I do like its gameplay, but it's the most limited story wise of the SNES titles), but I do think it's style of class progression is what many RPGs have taken from to their benefit (Hell, look at 3 Houses!)

Also, yes on 9. I am pretty confident in saying that I think it's the best.

I only have the DS version for III and IV, which might be why I rate IV (and III for that matter) higher than other people, given I'm of the understanding the other versions of IV were more basic (I mean, I'm told the Golbez fight in the Dwarf castle is actually easy in other versions). Final Fantasy VII's disc 3 wasn't anything much to me given I completed it in a single sitting (the Northern crater isn't that long, the only way to draw out disc 3 is to go off and get the stuff you didn't have from prior disc's, level grinding, which I didn't deem necessary, and picking up Red XIII's ultimate weapon. Maybe fighting Ruby and Emerald weapons if you don't mind the fact you're going to be too powerful for Sephiroth to have a hope in hell against). I've got the Dawn of Souls remake of I & 2, but I have OG I on the NES mini. VI, which I'm now post Magitek Factory on (noting this is my first time through so I'm blind-ish apart from bits and pieces I've picked up from Whoisthisgit videos) is the SNES version. VII and VIII are the Playstation versions (as if there was another option for VIII, for reasons I've heard of). I actually enjoyed XII back in high-school when it came out (being my third venture into the series after X, and VIII), and came very, very close to 100%ing it. The only thing I haven't done is finishing that Yiazmat fight (and consequently the sword you can get as a result that I'll have no real use for). Because 50 million hp. Though I hear they toned him down in subsequent releases. Haven't actually played XIII (or it's spin-offs). Did enjoy Crisis Core. Definitely interested in 5 because of the job system, given I enjoyed it in 3 most of the time. Those dungeons where everyone had to be mini'd being an exception. Don't actually have X-2, and I believe I established how I felt about Dirge of Cerberus, which could be genre bias.

But I have my doubts. I do have interest in IX because one of the things I like in IV and X was the fact characters filled specific roles instead of being interchangeable (a thing that bugged me in XII was that I could effectively have anyone fill any role once I had enough work on the license board done, though they've changed that in later versions).  I know that sounds contrary to why I liked III, but in III I tended to take characters down jobs that were similar in their roles if I switched them around (one for flat out offense, one healer, one tank, and one that was kind of a utility unit filling roles that needed to be filled), which is actually what bugged me about those mini dungeons. It forced me to use magic users exclusively even though that defeated what what I was trying to do. Say what you will about the deserts in Fire Emblem, but at least when they favour mages, it's not to the degree of reducing your physical units to absolute minimum offense and defense while having your opponents fight normally.

7 hours ago, Dayni said:

I hope Shigen actually killed Mr. Bordello.

Somebody has to.

It would put Shigen in the lofty tier of favourites for characters.

To be honest the way he says "I already sorted it out" almost makes me feel like he did. I mean how else could one be so calm about it?

8 hours ago, Dayni said:

Somebody has to.

That... would actually make perfect sense. I support this interpretation.

Btw, Holmes? Nice that you want to apologize to Xeno and all but maybe consider apologizing to Yuni too. You are after all the very same guy that let this bastard walk away to cause more harm.

Edited by BrightBow

5 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

I only have the DS version for III and IV, which might be why I rate IV (and III for that matter) higher than other people, given I'm of the understanding the other versions of IV were more basic (I mean, I'm told the Golbez fight in the Dwarf castle is actually easy in other versions). Final Fantasy VII's disc 3 wasn't anything much to me given I completed it in a single sitting (the Northern crater isn't that long, the only way to draw out disc 3 is to go off and get the stuff you didn't have from prior disc's, level grinding, which I didn't deem necessary, and picking up Red XIII's ultimate weapon. Maybe fighting Ruby and Emerald weapons if you don't mind the fact you're going to be too powerful for Sephiroth to have a hope in hell against). I've got the Dawn of Souls remake of I & 2, but I have OG I on the NES mini. VI, which I'm now post Magitek Factory on (noting this is my first time through so I'm blind-ish apart from bits and pieces I've picked up from Whoisthisgit videos) is the SNES version. VII and VIII are the Playstation versions (as if there was another option for VIII, for reasons I've heard of). I actually enjoyed XII back in high-school when it came out (being my third venture into the series after X, and VIII), and came very, very close to 100%ing it. The only thing I haven't done is finishing that Yiazmat fight (and consequently the sword you can get as a result that I'll have no real use for). Because 50 million hp. Though I hear they toned him down in subsequent releases. Haven't actually played XIII (or it's spin-offs). Did enjoy Crisis Core. Definitely interested in 5 because of the job system, given I enjoyed it in 3 most of the time. Those dungeons where everyone had to be mini'd being an exception. Don't actually have X-2, and I believe I established how I felt about Dirge of Cerberus, which could be genre bias.

But I have my doubts. I do have interest in IX because one of the things I like in IV and X was the fact characters filled specific roles instead of being interchangeable (a thing that bugged me in XII was that I could effectively have anyone fill any role once I had enough work on the license board done, though they've changed that in later versions).  I know that sounds contrary to why I liked III, but in III I tended to take characters down jobs that were similar in their roles if I switched them around (one for flat out offense, one healer, one tank, and one that was kind of a utility unit filling roles that needed to be filled), which is actually what bugged me about those mini dungeons. It forced me to use magic users exclusively even though that defeated what what I was trying to do. Say what you will about the deserts in Fire Emblem, but at least when they favour mages, it's not to the degree of reducing your physical units to absolute minimum offense and defense while having your opponents fight normally.

FF4 is seemingly harder on the DS version for reasons I couldn't fully explain (bosses actually being reworked, one of them being described incorrectly and thus being harder if you fight it the same way as you would in previous versions), but for instance the GBA version is definitely easier (but it's also buggy). Yeah, the real issue with finishing FF7 was that I couldn't get my emulator to work, though that is resolved (I could get TRS working.... Maybe? I actually don't remember). I've played the Dawn of Souls remake too and it's interesting to see that 1 can be cleared even with grinding (everyone was at 50) in under 12 hours.  No Warmech fight though. :P

21 hours ago, Dayni said:

Somebody has to.

I know others have said it already, but this makes so much sense, I wouldn't be surprised if it actually happened.

Too bad it happened off-screen. Then again, that just means we can use our imagination of how bloody it was...

Also these parallels seem to be surprisingly Jewish. Chosen people to a promised land having to suffer invaders and imprisonment for their faith and wishing for God's intervention in their misery. While of course attempting a fight back as well.

This is sounding a little too Old Testament.

I was going to say a similar thing, but the parts where they differed were so off the rails from the Old Testament that I didn't want to jump the gun.

When will Deliver Us start blaring in the background?

On it:

And the Hebrew Version:

Fun fact: Ofra Haza, the woman who played Moses mother, did the exact same role in 26 different countries.

19 hours ago, Dayni said:

I mean, as someone who's played plenty of CKII, I get you actually.

I mean, it's not like I dislike every game that has you do something horrendous. If that were the case, Tropico, NEO Scavenger, and Sword of the Samurai wouldn't be among my favorite games of all time.

I think the difference being that you can still get far without doing (many) heinous things, and other parts of the game reinforce the reasoning for why you would do said actions in the first place (Tropico for being a political satire that uses gameplay to show the pros and cons of each government style, NEO Scavenger because it leads to grey morality situations that aren't scripted, and Sword of the Samurai because it shows both how awesome and how terrifying it would be to live in a culture where honor is of the upmost importance).

Meanwhile, while I knows there's much more to those games than just the memes, I'm not certain if the reasoning behind why you're doing those things in the first place is thoughtful or intriguing enough for me, honestly.

I'm not sure if his past justifies it actually.

It wouldn't. I am curious if it would help explain it, however.

Canon? (Oh, ending spoilers here)

I see. Wonder if any other parts of the game reinforce this.

On 27/4/2019 at 1:21 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Uzyy8gjw oWHALE!

Cyvsoplb o WHALE!? HERE!?

H01pczrp oYES, WHALE! TO THE RIGHT!

Cyvsoplb o O-OKAY!

H01pczrp oNO, I MEANT THE WHALE IS TO THE RIGHT, NOT MOVE TO THE RIGHT! TURN BACK, TURN BACK!

Lrqlhy1s oBWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUURGHHHH!!

14m72bdm oMm... What's with all the ruckus up there...? Shouldn't you go check out what's going on, Shigen?

Gmhhyxnn oHolmes'll take care of it... only thing I want to be checking out right now is you...

14m72bdm oOh, Shigen...

Fbktddjf o ANOTHER WHALE!

Fzszbyg1 oHOW MANY WHALES ARE THERE IN THIS SEA!?

This. Is. Gold.

On 27/4/2019 at 1:21 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

..and just like that, it's over.

Yup. It ends on that line. After paragraphs upon paragraphs of endless exposition, Law says that sentence and they shut up for the remainder of the voyage. Not even a "thanks for the history lesson, Gramps!" or anything like that. It just stops without fanfare.

This reminds me of a particular TV show, I won't say the name to avoid spoilers, but its ending is pretty famous. You see, the protagonist and his family are just eating at a restaurant, and there's a song playing, and then all of sudden it just

I have no idea about what show you're talking about, but I can think of a similar ending. The protagonist goes like "I don't have an answer for that one, Love".

And it ends there. Damn you, Fox! (Anyone who gets the reference wins an imaginary cookie)

Part 47 - Pillaging the Iron Captain.

Quote compilation:

Spoiler
On 27/4/2019 at 2:13 PM, BrightBow said:

It does depend on from which angle you look at it but I think the Yuri version is the worse one. She got stripped while she was unconscious. In Lyria's case she didn't get drugged or coerced to anything and never even realized she was in any danger.
But I suppose we are operating on a level of awful here were debates about the specific flavors and degrees of terrible just aren't worth anyone's time and sanity.

The thing that makes it worse for me is that, while what happens to Juni (Yuri? As in, Gagarin?) is fucked up, Lyria's situation is just as horrible, but on top of that she was completely bamboozled and was convinced that she was on her way to stardom. Heck, Attrom had to fight with her to get her out of there.

If Xeno hadn't saved her, Juni would at least have been perceptive enough to understand she was in trouble, and she probably would've tried to get away (being a thief, I can imagine she'd be resourceful enough to make up an escape plan, in time). At best, Lyria would've realized things were bad when she first stepped onto the stage and a bunch of sweaty men oogled her without restraint. At worst, well... when the fatso sold her off for some sicko's personal enjoyment.

Either way, I'm glad the Mercenaries are there to save them.

Hmmm, corrupt senators banding around divine priestesses to use them as figureheads. The FE7 parallels are generally the most obvious ones but this does already sound a lot like Tellius.

Yeah, the Tellius stuff is a lot more prevalent in Berwick, but there are things here. Like the infamous unused sprite that's exactly Elincia in TRS style.

On 27/4/2019 at 3:18 PM, Mad-manakete said:

To be frank, (which isn't my name but anyways), I just finished a run of VII and am now playing through VI. In my honest opinion I prefer IV over both (not even nostalgia speaking because my first was X, as the snes games weren't released over here and I didn't own a PS1). Though I don't have V (yet) and I'm intending to play IX next (bought the Switch re-release just recently). I wanted to do a run of as many of the first VIII games back to back (though out of order) as a kind of prep for playing IX because I understand it's full of nods to the other games and I want to understand as many as possible, and see how many I missed after. That said I might hold off on VIII until after IX. That one I got not too long after X... and some things really bugged me there. Enough I can't say I've ever seen the ending.

I uh... I played 2 hours of FFVI!

I think I bored out after meeting Kefka. Classic RPGs with grinding and no gimmicks to break the monotony of battles were never my thing, I'm afraid.

On an unrelated note, I saw a personalized license plate today which read "GARO" (Or maybe GAR0). For reasons unknown. I wanted to photograph it for this thread so bad.

Oh my God that's epic.

It's okay. Steve's passing didn't quite get the attention Stan Lee's own death later in the year did. Not that it's Stan's fault. Steve was the type to avoid the spotlight because he believed in creating a product that spoke for itself, to the degree publically available photos of the man are relatively few. Stan had a different philosophy about things, hence why he was so prolific. Another notable death over-shadowed last year was Judge Dredd co-creator, Carlos Ezquerra, who despite designing one of the biggest names in British comics, had lived his life out in his native country of Spain (small world). Catch is, despite his death occurring in October (by memory), I didn't hear of Ezquerra's passing until January. Point I guess is, 2018 was a bad year for comic legends, because go figure most of the characters who achieved the greatest legacy were created at least 40 years ago, and often more.

Well, shit. Sounds like an interesting guy. Also, that's the harsh reality of life. These comic legends are only going to keep on falling, if they all are so old.

Let's hope Footballman never reads that.

Hey, it's the objective truth. On a personal level, I love him.

I thought it was a nice touch. After all, Frollo himself claimed to be purer than the "common vulgar, weak, licentious crowd". I thought it apt to mirror his disdain for the common man, and what mirror image isn't reversed? Instead of disdain for the common man, our singer, who we will leave to the imagination, has the disdain for an individual who, while definitely vulgar and most probably licentious, is anything but common. The type of man that Frollo or Zephiel could have used as an argument for their own views on the human race and had a point. A very cherry-picked point, but none-the-less a point. Actually it's now my headcanon that Zephiel kept Narcian around just so he could use him as a reminder why he hates humanity. It'd explain everything.

Oh, wow. That actually does make Narcian's existance sensible. I'm quite impressed! I shall adopt your headcanon as well.

Not even as a kid? Because kids do dumb shit.

A lot of dumb shit, but I'd believe Runan to be more the kind to wait for the both of them to be alone, then hold him against a wall, rapier in hand, and say "I do my best to keep my other self in check... don't make me let it loose on you". Just a swift little threat, and then it's back to normal Runan.

Wouldn't need to. I like to use a throwing knife as a bookmark.

What kind of people have I gathered in my thread? I have had exactly two fights in my entire life, and one of them was with my best friend! Why is everybody reading me fucking Rambo?

A non-stupid Holmes is like dry water. It's like solid gas. It's like well-researched Screenrant videos.

It's like Holmes not being stupid. That's how unbelievable it is.

Here we have a man even dumber than Martel. Kidnap girl. Leave clothes lying around in plain sight so anyone related may find you if they come looking. It seems that Holmes stupidity is contagious and was transferred by him punching Slaver.

That's a decent canon.

He had it put on (probably with help) for a meeting with royalty one time, and never worked out how to remove it. Because Holmes.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahah, LP canon folks, this is too good. Maybe that's why, instead of pants, he wears that cloth thingy. He can't figure out how to use normal pants, so he needs something he can just peel off a little to pee.

Lore dump? Or Law dump?

Bad. But at leest you tried.

Sounds like something that Frollo would have loved. Damn it I can't stop with these references. Doesn't help I clicked the link and Barlowe kind of reminds me of Frollo.

They're both old guys, but other than that... Heck, their character motivations are the complete opposite. Frollo wants to fuck a girl or kill her so nobody else can have her; Barlowe wants to bring back a guy by killing a girl he has no interest on.

If words were bricks, this exposition could build everyone reading this thread a house.

And there'd be some to spare.

To corrupt a cliche, we've already established he's a complete idiot. What we're negotiating now is the price (in lives and time).

Hahah, good point.

Case in point.

Oh, goodness...

You know, with Maerchen having been a pirate and all, you'd think he might have some idea. Where's he when he could be useful?

He's terrible at everything. Pretty sure it's more likely that one of his underlings drives the ship.

Yeah, suddenly Holmes question goes from being incredibly stupid to incredibly valid. Who knew.

That's how crazy this exposition is.

All of them Tom. All the whales are in the sea.

Yeah, but not all the whales are in this sea. Right?

So Katri's inbred? That might explain a few things about her intellect.

Pffffttt low blow, man.

I hope to God that wasn't the case when Guenchaos decided he loved her...

Weeeeell... he loved her before she turned into Kranion forever, so... chances are, she was even younger. Though, the war between Leda and Salia was a long time ago, maybe he was also underage back then. He was the heir to the Earth Shrine back then, after all, not the actual Sage.

Also I hate Slaver for perfectly good reasons.

I think everyone does.

Knowing Holmes all three of them told him and he forgot each time. Like how he forgot about Guenchaos referring to a certain dragon in a certain manner that has raised concerns.

To be fair with the guy, he was too far away from Guenchaos to hear him talk to his beloved. But I can totally see the first part.

I see that you decided to reference

And to this day, people still discuss that scene and ponder over what exactly happened to him. Pfft. The stubborn fools. It's perfectly obvious that what happened to him was

On 27/4/2019 at 9:27 PM, eclipse said:

In my headcanon, Xeno slit the slaver's throat.  Possibly after jumping to conclusions as to what the slaver did to Juni.

A fine headcanon. I'll provide another one, in due time, if you don't mind.

On 27/4/2019 at 10:24 PM, Hawkwing said:

I thought that you said that Footballman had the best portrait?

How the tides have turned...

I mean, I do love his portrait, but objectively speaking...

A pretty good headcanon. I agree with it.

Good, I'm glad we could reach an agreement.

I really should stop assuming that every link you post is safe.

Maybe, but where's the fun in that?

There are also better jump scares out there. That one wouldn't of phased me as a kid, and I was horrified by jump scares back then (to the point were I rolled up into a ball and cried when Tom Bergeron pulled one on the audience in Americas Funnies Home Videos. I TRUSTED YOU, TOM!!!).

Gee, it's almost as if I did not want to scare you for real! But nah, that cannot be.

Let me guess, this is either Star Fox or...

Yep. Called it.

Pfffhahahah, what? Why Star Fox?

Are we talking physical or spiritual weaponry?

Physical, of course. Could you bring yourself to bermirch the Holy Book to ensure your personal safety?

I don't know either, although to be fair, I forgot to mention that the second season starts you off in a hospital, and there appears to be different characters than the first season at the start. Although given how similar they look, I wouldn't be surprised if a soldier in the second season is undercover as a character in the first.

Man, I need to try the game out again. Or just look at a walkthrough, as I did with Beyond the Bounds.

Good luck with that.

Yeah, "walk it off" was a figure of speech. I guess what I meant to say was that it does hurt, yes, and I did need to sit down and rest afterwords. But I never said "ow" or laid there in pain afterwards or screamed bloody murder or anything like that.

Maybe you were deafened by the blow. That's realistic.

I mean, when I had the "kicked in the groin on a trampoline" story (attempting a gymnastic move without any prior training is a bad idea. Standing in front of said person is an even worse idea), I didn't make a peep. All I did was politely ask to get off and sit down for a while. I did gain gain a disliking of them that day, though, and I don't mind that my back prevents me from jumping on one anymore (or skydiving, even if I'd only do that to save my life). I still find them fun to watch, though.

Why were you standing in front of a person flailing their limbs around with no idea what they were doing? Safe distance, man, basic safety procedures!

I actually knew that this myth was false. Although though I'd never kick there in an actual fight, or at a woman's chest. Then again, if Shadow Warrior 2 told me anything, then in the heat of battle, I could care less about where I attack as long as the enemy dies, dignity be damned.

If somebody was threatening to kill you, man or woman, you'd aim to hurt. No such thing as honor or rules when shit hits the fan. In fact, you probably wouldn't have the time to think about your moves, you'd just do whatever you can to not die.

On the other hand, if it's not that serious a fight, you of course don't want things to escalate by aiming for the opponent's weak points. Best to take two or three punches and be able to end the fight without any lasting consequences than getting the advantage but turning the incident into a fight to the death.

I did notice that FE3 was lacking content from FE1 when I played it myself. I am curious about the idea behind the gaiden mechanics, and how it ends up working in practice. It seemed to me to be a way of ensuring that the player could get some extra experience, money, units, etc. in the event that they lost several characters over the course of the game, so that they could catch back up and not accidentally make the game impossible. However, it seems that IS misjudged how many units would die if the player decided to ironman the game, and forgot that FE1 was built around the idea of ironmanning, and thus gives you a multitude of back-up units, making the requirements even harder to reach.

Yeah, I won't defend the gaiden gimmick. It doesn't work well. Still, Shadow Dragon's great, and there is no reason to play FE3 or 1 over it.

Not gonna lie, I do wish that Fire Emblem had more levels where you fought enemy units that were on a similar level to your own. My second favorite level in Awakening is the Deadlord chapter, where you you fight 13 tough enemy units that are almost on par with your own one-man armies, and they wield powerful weaponry you get to steal after defeating them. It's a fun fight, and nice change of pace from cutting down hordes of enemies in previous encounters.

You'll enjoy this, then. Me... not so much.

Apparently, Barbarossa was not enough.

Oh, you have no idea.

The best explanation I could think of was that he was more focused on calming down his "dear deformed dragon", and didn't want to do anything to upset her again. He may have thought that attacking/kidnapping Katri right then and there may have caused another ruckus, and he didn't want that.

I suppose it's a decent explanation.

I have been called a cinnamon roll and bloodthirsty more than once at this point.

I don't know what to think about that...

Ah, just accept the compliments, you bloodthirsty cinnamon roll.

That's what I'm thinking, too.

Did you really just reply to both instances of me saying the same thing to two different people?

Lionheart tries to give Holmes a chance, and the latter ruins it every time. Wonder if it'll become routine for Lionheart sometime.

Probably already is.

At this point, I wonder if One Punch Man would be able to knock Holmes stupidity out of him. Granted, Holmes would probably die, because One Punch Man, but the question still remains.

Probably not. It'd be the one challenge he would be unable to complete.

People discussing disturbing events as if they were simple business actions is always disgusting. As hilarious as the memes are, it's a reason I don't think I could really ever get into games like Dwarf Fortress or Crusader Kings.

The slaver'd probably like 'em.

...I don't want to think about that...

...Do meat grinders exist in the medieval ages of anime?

Pretty sure they don't, but cleavers do exist, I think.

To make it fair on Xeno, I'm going to say that he punched the slaver in the face enough times that by the end of his barrage, both sides were covered in blood, and it was hard to tell if the Slaver was dead or unconscious.

Still, could've made sure. He's got a sword, y'know. And a rope.

WHY DID KAGA DO THIS FIRST?!?!?

AND WHY DID INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS STEAL THE COSTUME IDEA OF ALL THINGS?!?!?

Because IntSys also gets off with people's suffering.

Yeah, that's at least something I can compliment this scene for. All sides are freaked out by what happened.

That much is true.

The only point I can reasonably say in Holmes favor is that explaining what the slaver intended for Juni may have been better to do after she had calmed down from the experience.

You... do know what Holmes was implying with the way he worded the sentence, right?

...I'll just say it: he just accused Xeno of trying to hook up with Juni. Yeah.

That's really it though, and I'm wondering how we've beared with Holmes as the protagonist so far.

So does everyone.

Y'know? Given his reaction to Plum earlier, I'm kind of curious if Holmes is just disillusioned to the point of desensitization about those kind of issues in the world. It wouldn't surprise me if that ended up being the case, but it does raise questions about how much shit he's seen to become that way.

I mean, to be fair, he spent his whole childhood despising his father. Might've had soemthing to do with his views on the world.

Also, detectives exist in this world at this time period.

That's something.

On the one hand, I am morbidly curious about how Lyria's could be worse than Yuri's.

On the other hand, I really do not want to know.

Go play if you want to find out.

I see this is why the update took five days.

And I just got done writing the rough draft to the final project in my Technical Writing class a few days ago, so I am not looking forward to this. Pardon me if I skim.

I can't blame you. That's the reason I split the update in two.

He's trying to hit the word limit.

That he is...

And I still haven't recovered from having to speed write that rough draft. I pretty much completed an assignment in three days that we were supposed to be doing over the course of a month. This is the busiest college semester I've had since I started, and I still am surprised I've finished a few of my classes.

I can only hope that Avengers: Endgame is a suitable reward when it's all over. And then I have to find a job.

So how was it? I personally couldn't care less about Marvel, but I've heard much about this from people around me.

Not gonna lie, I had no idea what I was reading when I first went through this, so I left the lets play, took a small break, and then came back and read nothing but the lore dump.

I'm glad I did. Would have missed so many details otherwise.

Good call.

I see that your comment was the first one to pop up. Nice.

Guy actually pinned me. Quite the honor.

Oh man. This reminds me of why I had a hard time playing Planescape: Torment consistently. The writing is spectacular, and it's one of the few games where your choices in dialogue actually do something, but you can spend minutes getting loads of lore and philosophical musings with a seemingly random bystander, and that can add up quickly. It, along with Knights of the Old Republic 2, are the only two videogames I can think of that have physically worn me out by playing, just because of how much you have to read and how many choices you have to make..

Yeah, pacing's an important factor to take into account.

I greatly enjoyed these scenes. They gave a much needed laugh, broke up the exposition, and made for a hilarious backgound event to Holmes and Law talking.

Ahah, thanks! I tried.

Ah, back in the days when the Earth was new and humans were scattered across the earth. They named places over whether God spoke to them there, when the people did something noteworthy, or called the town useless if a leader thought it was.

And then they started naming things after themselves, and then named things scientifically, and sometimes the name is just because it sounds cool.

Humans are such fickle creatures.

Not a bad name for a mountain. Not as awesome as Olympus or Everest, but it still gives the sense of being tall.

Unless you're spanish and it's literally just Mount Sky. Then it becomes just "Japanese people don't understand spanish speakers are a thing #5819852".

Only thing that would have made this better is if Superfriends Aquaman showed up.

Probably, but since I don't know about that...

Um... I don't know whether or not I want to ask this kind of relationship between them is canon....

It can be. Pretty sure it'll be, given the choices I've taken and the ones I cannot take.

What's the problem with this one, though? In a game full of underage girls going through all sorts of awful situations, this pairing's the sanest thing ever. It's two adults who have clearly been through some shit together. They obviously like and respect each other. It's all perfectly consensual. I don't see any problem with this. Live and let live, I say.

A lot. Especially since whaling isn't illegal yet.

I like how everyone was set on answering to that question rationally.

Holmes considering the boat being rightside up to be a success answers a lot of questions.

Doesn't it?

When someone disobeys a rule put in place for extremely good reason, and when they predictably lead to the consequences that the rule was intended to prevent. Not to mention being mad at injustice.

Although that might be considered anger rather than hatred.

Probably so.

I have a hard time telling if this is supposed to be a reference to a real life civilization, or is just saying that that happens consistently throughout history.

Maybe both. Fiction is based off of reality, after all, to varying degrees.

Thank you dearly for pointing this out.

Welcome.

It's actually a pretty common tactic for nonviolent protesters to be an annoyance to prove a point. The good kind of annoyance, that is.

Morse's this universe's Gandhi. Here's hoping he won't take a liking for nukes...

So, from what I can remember reading through all that...

Shigens people were warriors. They once attacked this republic. The republic struck back and won. A guy went on a journey to gain their gods favor. He became a dragon and conquered the continent. One hero rose up and fought him, but needed the gods help. He got a magic sword and slew the beast, and then ruled for a while.

Yes, good.

Something something kingdom divided into four with guardian dragons at the helm. Chaos man revived a cult and ignored cries of surrender (or did that happen earlier?).

...you got completely lost here. The one who did that second thing was Kalbazan, not Guenchaos. Chaos is more recent history. Also, the kingdoms weren't divided among the guardian dragons, but the princesses. The whole dragon thing came to be later, I'm pretty sure.

An island called Yr used to be used for prisoners, but then became temple grounds after a sage moved in and Yoda lead a rebellion before becoming a Jedi Master in a galaxy far far away. Holmes father was involved with that somehow. Then the events that kicked off the game occurred.

This is right. It wasn't just Holmes's father, tho, but also Runan's. They were sent to quell Yoda's rebellion, but they instead sat down, talked it out with him and allied themselves with Yoda.

I probably missed something, but that's what comes to the top of my head after reading the exposition.

You did okay, 7/10, not bad.

On 28/4/2019 at 12:34 AM, Dayni said:

It was often that I saw 7 or 6 mentioned years ago.

I've actually played most every numbered one that isn't an MMO.

I played two hours of FFVI.

At this point I'm mentioning it enough that I could do another reference to the show I referenced yesterday. I think everyone who at least knows about it can tell what it might be. Here's a tip, it has to do with cans. And shineboxes.

Well, that's now a question: Why is that one unused?

I mean come on, it's one of the best out of this game!

I don't know, ask Kaga.

Also ask him why this isn't used:

Nkykjcy8 o

Or this:

Hfrdyyc3 o

Or this:

Rhqipa6v o

...Wait...

A futile effort.

Dammit Shigen.

Forgive him for being a good guy.

I mean, did she have it when he broke her out?

Probably so, since she was a Witch of Gerxel and all.

Eisenbach is a man who was live and let live.

Guenchaos then took advantage of it to kill him.

How so? He just came up to him and killed him. No taking advantange of anything involved, he just plain pwned him.

It's at least 60%, so yeah that'd be pretty high.

I see...

I mean, I don't pretend I'd remember that.

Neither did I, honestly, I had to look it up.

Just thought it sounded off. Sure, Wrys would have better intentions than most old men, but still.

That's the reason of the meme, isn't it?

That doesn't mean he shouldn't stop the lights.

Well... that's true.

I feel like this is missing something.

Him smacking Holmes afterwards, that's it!

Poor Holmes, forgive him. His brain probably couldn't comprehend he was doing anything wrong.

Well, I'm just hoping for a nuclear blast on him.

Pfffft. Just a nuclear blast? You've got nothing on Hawkwing.

The first I played at all was 6, but I never finished it on the PS1 as the disc broke. I only really started on finishing titles when I got 3 and 4 on the DS (I recommend the DS version for both btw, 4 especially if you haven't played it). I don't claim to have finished them all (2 can die in a hole, I've yet to finish 7's third disk, I didn't get into 8, I haven't played 10 in close to a decade and I was on the mountain path last I played, 12's system was also offputting and 13 is unfortunate. 15 is untouched) but I would say only 7 and 10 have a chance of getting in the top three for me (which is 9, 6 (Question mark there actually) and 4). 5 is alright (I do like its gameplay, but it's the most limited story wise of the SNES titles), but I do think it's style of class progression is what many RPGs have taken from to their benefit (Hell, look at 3 Houses!)

Twenty years in the-- Two hours of FFVI!

Holmes doesn't really think much about others.

Hey, maybe he doesn't understand that people exist. He's dumb enough...

Why would he worry about the clothes, he likely thought she was alone.

Still, it was a pretty rookie mistake. Not to mention the implication that he stripped her in the middle of his "theatre", a public place where pretty much anyone can just casually waltz in at any given time, as proven by both Juni and Xeno casually waltzing in.

Xeno, you were almost the character I liked the most in Tearring.

You had one job. Calling all dragons now.

Xeno couldn't get through the fatass's plot armor.

An understandable need for catharsis there.

Right?

Hces.png

Clearly not Holmes.

I like how these two look like together.

Somebody has to.

Well... somebody will. It will sadly not be game canon, but it'll be LP canon. That will have to suffice, I'm afraid.

Heheh, a lot of people would. Me? He's already up there, I like Shigen a lot. And we haven't even seen all of it yet.

You know, I won't ask.

And I won't tell you. Go play and find out.

You can hear the joy there.

....And the disappointment.

That's basically it, yes.

So Gerxel cleansed the world for the Zoans.

Well, at least we know that they were no small dreamers.

They had big ideas for the future.

Also these parallels seem to be surprisingly Jewish. Chosen people to a promised land having to suffer invaders and imprisonment for their faith and wishing for God's intervention in their misery. While of course attempting a fight back as well.

Huh, that's right... we're fighting the Jews right now. Huh. How curious...

Oh yes..... That.

I'll shut up.

Please do.

And thus one guy caused all hell and became a dragon.

Also, they were burning with the spirit of vengeance? Maybe Ghost Rider would have been a better choice.

Pfft, Ghost Rider? Hwahah... good grief.

Galle must have been offended that someone ripped him off.

Galle? What? Game of Thrones again?

Though to be fair, this time the Loptyrians actually had two factions that were more even than one guy against everyone else in the cult.

Yeah.

WE AREN'T EVEN HALFWAY THROUGH YET.

*Screams internally.

Me.txt

Because Kaga dammit.

I wonder why, maybe he was the first protagonist Kaga finished working on.

Holmes was Kaga's passion project. That's why it's unbearable.

Wait, why isn't Maerchen on the wheel? HE'S DONE THIS BEFORE!

Or not. Why does everyone assume Maerchen's good at things? he's Maerchen!

Maybe Holmes orders him to do it so that he can exposit with Law.

The irresponsible fuck-- the worst part is that I can see it.

Eugen hasn't taken a dragon to the everything though.

Well, give him time....

I mean, it could be River > Kingdom > Princess > Republic.

But that's just confusing.

This whole thing's just mindnumbing.

That sounds like a situation where everyone involved should have not been asses, but alas.

This is humanity we're talking about.

Regardless, that's why it's not a happy One Kingdom.

That never tends to end well.

I mean, I'm more surprised they are able to get anywhere with all the boat rocking.

Hey, for all I know, that might make it easier. You just get on top of each other, and let physics do the dirty work. Heh, dirty work... aaaaaahem.

WHALE WHALE WHALE, AN OCEAN'S WORTH OF WHALE HELL.

WHAT WHAT WHAT, WHAT IS THE REFERENCE?

Vrbnhily oTo put it mildly, the Goddess did not protec after that event.

This made me roll on the ground. Thank you.

I will not put that image up about Holmes and five minutes  again. It's too much bait.

He was extra dumb last update.

There was so much exposition the sun set and rose before it was done.

This is madness.

More or less. I usually don't write my updates in a single day, but I don't usually see it worth mentioning. This time, though...

What, the gossipers of a ruined kindgom?

Where's he finding these mad ones?

He's got sources, all right?

Did Holmes know?

No, but we did, so what's the point?

Guenchaos is the last Ledan Cleric.

That sounds like he should be a protagonist. Maybe in another universe he was the protagonist of a game.

Villain protagonist, perhaps.

Honestly, it might be right.

The lines blurred on inspiration and ripoff a while back.

And that is highly ridiculous.

Also yes.

I wouldn't use those as examples, but absolutely yes.

Why wouldn't you? It's perfectly sensible to hate those! I've told my therapist countless times, but she insists on giving me these funny colored pills... I refuse to take them!

It's like there's kind of ethnic groups, but it never really mattered here.

Man it's depressing how little that happened in history, though it's not like the Zoans would want to be on the same side as those who sided against Kalbazan, because they still held some faith in Gerxel despite the whole heresy thing.

Yeah... it's an awkward situation all around.

This is sounding a little too Old Testament.

When will Deliver Us start blaring in the background?

Maybe when somebody splits the sea in half.

That first sentence, just great.

La's just done with this stupidity.

And of course Holmes and Runan's parents were just like "Well, we might as well call this crap out. Won't get a better chance."

They were as badass as Runan himself.

So he was such a distraction to their use of the tower they just threw up their hands and let him have it? So he just interfered indirectly until then?

So Morse was like this all day:

I can imagine that was him, yes. Him, and all of his clergy.

DON'T STOP-

For a serious show, it's surprisingly packed with memes.

On 28/4/2019 at 4:42 AM, Pengaius said:

What I find to be the most amusing part about the "5 minutes of being the helmsman" is that Holmes is actually correct, since a common rule of RPGs is that talking is a free action, so talking doesn't use up your turn, enemies don't attack you mid speech, and the actual text dump was law talking like Eminem; Holmes army was just losing their collective shit over literally 5 minutes of Holmes not at the wheel (chaos reigned when Garo took the reins).

Take into consideration that this doesn't take place in the world of battles, where turns don't move while people talk. This is the realm of cutscenes, where time can be assumed to pass normally. And let me tell you, those scenes with Law and Holmes? They took waaaay longer than five minutes. I don't understand why he had to leave the wheel to talk to Law at all, honestly. Makes his "I've got to man the ship" statement sound like a bad excuse. Y'know, if the fact that he wasn't on a ship wasn't enough already.

Also weirdly enough I'd assume maerchen to actually not suck if he were helmsman since he did run his own ship somewhat successfully until homes sailed up.

Why is everyone convinced that Maerchen'd be good at something? He doesn't even have Seafarer as a skill! Everyone from Holmes's team has it, aside from Juni, who was recruited to do thief stuff, as established back when she was introduced! This implies Marchen is as bad at sea as the girl who isn't a seaman at all! He's the worst thing ever! Of course he can't drive a ship! Mug is his one saving grace! Hence why he's going to be deployed today.

(Show me albertus being terrified of water because fire dragon plz) 

He spends most of his time as a human, tho, doesn't he?

Anyway I went ahead and ordered onion rings for the whole table. 

You never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

On 28/4/2019 at 10:27 PM, Hawkwing said:

I know others have said it already, but this makes so much sense, I wouldn't be surprised if it actually happened.

Too bad it happened off-screen. Then again, that just means we can use our imagination of how bloody it was...

It also means I am free to apply a slightly different version for the LP canon.

On 28/4/2019 at 10:50 PM, Goddess Serra said:

This. Is. Gold.

Ahah, thank you very much!

I have no idea about what show you're talking about, but I can think of a similar ending. The protagonist goes like "I don't have an answer for that one, Love".

And it ends there. Damn you, Fox! (Anyone who gets the reference wins an imaginary cookie)

I haven't the faintest idea... Noooooooooooooo, I want an imaginary cookieeee...!

Lotsa images:

Spoiler
Ugyiysjd oJxaayqe7 o

First off, I do some shopping.

Ztisvskq o

Here we go. First battle in ages. Rejoice, everybody!

9tutcykn o

We do have to get through a little introductory text, but it's exactly 5 screens of dialogue. Nothing too bad.

70aompst o

Muvphmfm oI see that, you idiot.

4lt3brpp o You're one to talk!

Muvphmfm oPrepare to board the enemy vessel! Let's show them the skill of the Sea Lion of Granada!

4uxjsajs o

Meanwhile, on the enemy side...

Wsgbemuy o

This is the boss, Bismarck. Get the update title?

Inauuhik oHold fast, men! Protect the cargo at all costs!

0zfd96rn o So, uhh... may I ask why we're assaulting a cargo ship right now? We aren't defending ourselves, or Runan's rear, or Mahl, or Wellt, or anything. We're just randomly attacking this cargo ship that wasn't doing anything to us, or anyone for that matter. Our heroes.

Eaz5oa2e o

So here's this. For whatever reason, Bismarck has his goods spread across the upper deck, and he himself's sitting on one of the chests. He's got a sizeable force to defend the ship, but...

Oqenz5qs oQ91niy3x oEpry412s o

...continuing TRS's tradition of the enemies' power depending on the context of the battle, not the chapter number, these enemies are suitably mediocre for a mere cargo escorting crew. What you see is what you get: every single enemy on the map, sans Bismarck himself of course, has one of these three statsheets. Some of the Bowmen have iron bows instead of bowguns, but that's about it.

Z1xp8lio o

The only real threat is Bismarck himself. He's got solid stats all around (beating our very own Lionel in a few areas, even!), a critty sword, and a critty lance with range. We'd best tread lightly around him, but other than him, there isn't anything to be worried about here.

4ooi793s o

You might be wondering why I'm dragging Maerchen's slimy self around. Well, you see, I've a shortage of weapons. More to the point, I've no bows at all. Thus, I'm going to be aiming for those bowguns the enemies are sporting. I'd also like to nab a lance or two. This chapter's easy enough that Maerchen shouldn't be that big a liability.

Yngmtdmw oCxcge12u o

The Roger gets us started. Perhaps he wasn't the best choice to frontline... he's going to waste all the experience.

Swlthfwa o

...wait a second, what am I talking about? He's one of the team's mainstays! That's not wasted experience! I suppose it's a shame about those lances, though...

Umdrxjks o

Still, I was glad to see this.

Cay6iwvn oRkftmn1n o

She had a huge chance to dodge, and she failed. Oh, well. She's in no danger, and nobody will kill themselves on The Roger, so it's all peachy.

A6px2ajz oH35it041 oCsetj0xz o

The remaining enemies try to shoot Roger. No dice. Well, no significant dice, anyway.

Grybd2bb oY2esk4tn o

We don't really have a pressing need for swords, but Maerchen can't reach anybody else, so might as well. See, this is why Raquel's at her best in Holmes's route. Not only are there a lot more monsters that she has no qualms with killing, but she can also help take full advantage of Maerchen's mug.

Vtb1sghu o5iq5eq7n oTluwhwzi o

Just like so. I've got to admit, as much of a terrible character as he is, he's fun to use. Quite the unique unit.

9boua4hb o

A shame that uniqueness entails he screws everyone around him over. He's going to need a wall around him if he is to survive.

Cf3w1gwc oAlxbuwou o

The Roger will take care of the asshole's protection. He can't lower defense, and The Roger's got that in spades.

1srwk4v4 oLgj5gbsx oLyysjiwq o

I want to open up the way, so Garo and Shigen hack'n'slash away.

Uqbyqnqs oNr4wr9kb o

Lionheart tries his best, but Maerchen's awful, rotten smell distracts him. He landed one shot: it's enough for me. Heck, I think I'm happier this way. That's the perfect kill for Maerchen next turn.

Obpt1xtl o

Nothing left but to show off...

Cpc8ivwc oWz8vvtn7 oYl3k89d6 o

This!

Jrbxj2qs o

If you were wondering, yes, you can attack after warping. Of course you can.

Lbutnpe7 oDiibtfkd oU5kecuel o

Sierra's got some fancy animations.

Rmfxhfym o

Sierra's already decent at base, but with the statboosters, she's a force to be reckoned with. Magic's not to be underestimated in this game.

5vxzxgus o

In just two turns, we've got half the ship conquered.

Ark1vmnn oT0b0yzgc oJeuqew0f o

Maerchen and Lionheart each take a shot.

Cp9tnzlx o

Raziel levels up from his fight. Not the best, but oh well. Could be worse, could be nothing.

Ud9ca5zm oUembssid o

Maerchen can't dodge for shit, I swear.

Riigkqds o

Well? Think she'll be able to pull it off without getting hit?

6omvl1re o

Of course not. That HP of hers annoys me. It's her only flaw, at this point. Wouldn't consider her idealism a flaw at all, given it's what's making...

Elcv9zxs o

...this, possible.

When you think about it, it's really ironic. She's disgusted by the idea of killing a human being, but she's perfectly fine with crippling people for Maerchen to slit their throats while they're on the ground and take their possessions.

H8ypdrpu o

Hey, that's... actually a good level for Maerchen! Hit's really what he needs, since Raquel's going to be doing the dirty job for the most part.

Ayjukvgt o

Raquel will love this.

Wait a moment... I just noticed...

Gzmzf82f o

Hah! Not only is he trapped, the only one he can attack is Raquel, which is exactly what I want him to do. Perfect. Maerchen's next kill is right there.

Zlf7cy7q o

Sierra warps down onto the main deck.

I6rdo7b0 oSdcf9pey oJndpab8c o

And Holmes begins the pillaging! Looks like they were working on replacing that one shield Seamus gave us before he died. Well, too bad, now it's ours. Garo takes it from Holmes and stuffs it in the convoy. If Holmes gets attacked, I want him to take it to the face, not waste shield uses.

Vpqfq1zp oDgpsbm23 o

A few more turns and this should be hook, line and sinker.

E2acf97o oQxoveukj o

See? It was a good call to secure the shield.

8dlxpqrb oFmi2exxu oH0h7rghu o

I could've fed Maerchen the Archer, but I decided, since he's hopelessly trapped there, I might as well take this other guy out first.

Mivblovl o2vhklsvd o

Meanwhile, Holmes continues feeding his greed. An arbalest! That's awesome.

E09tpd8w o

Since the enemies don't seem to want to attack, and we don't have much to do right now, I feel like it's as good a time as any to show off Tom as a Ballistician.

Bwms4vmo o

Congratulations, man! You finally got out of the box!

Splegwvw o

I like Bismarck's sprite. He's like Lionel, but green, and I like green. Incidentally, he uses the second boss theme, so you know the drill.

Jx9by2ti o

I'm going to be honest with you, Bismarck, I have no idea why we're doing this, myself. I thought we were the heroes? Sure, these are military supplies, but for all we knew this could've been carrying food for war refugees. It doesn't help that it seems Bismarck's a pretty nice man.

Qmneq512 o

Tom's ballistician animation. It's so quick and simple, I decided to make a gif of it.

Wxytzp33 o

So what's the downside to using ballistae? Well...

68v60eoc o

You know how Tom's a hilarious tank? Not anymore. As a Ballistician, he cannot move, he cannot use weapons other than ballistae, and his stats take a huge hit. Ballistae aren't the best weapons in the game, to be frank.

Ddxblwiw o

...and as it turns out, these guys were only standing still because they were afraid of Tom's tank. Now that he's stepped out of it, they're out for blood.

Oh, well. Pretty sure he can still take three hits just f--

Jvrtpjnw oXncsrrya o

...GWAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH HE GETS DOUBLED! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 1% CRIT... BLISTERING SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!

8nnunimt oRryakuyh o

...wah?

Pwt6dbbt o

What...?

Ho0mdvwd o

...WHAT!?

5xzjsb49 o

I knew I could count on Footballman, after all!

Qeg0qeyi o

That was lucky, but I refuse to take any more chances. Sierra... I unleash you!

Ydc3gyob oWnevontg oKpgklu8j o

You as well, Raquel!

Sgreqe41 o

Ahahah... HP, perfect! Keep it up, perhaps get a point of strength or two, that'd never be unwelcome. But otherwise, you're doing fine, lass, keep on being awesome!

Ttc9qjhb oQrrymmp6 oK9cte2cc o

Ah! It's The Half-Moon The Slash!

6q5ogsza oB7dgqll0 o

While we're here, let's show off Lionheart's dismounted animations.

Htv0eaz8 oVhfmiraf oTzxbu4lc o

It's really cool. More detailed than most other Archers, too, I'm pretty sure he has more frames than the rest.

Jgfpu6bw oJtzp7ceu o

Down with you!

Ocozwmyb o

The problem, of course, is that his dismounted stats are... unfortunate, and he only has four move. That sucks. oh, well, you've still got your turban, mate.

Uv8v17ih o

Strength? What's with you today, Maerchen? How come you're doing... things? Good things!?

S0yxm9jq o

I didn't take a screenshot of it, but that last fight was Maerchen taking down the trapped Bowman.

4mfdsq6j oIw5pxpcy o

Crap, Lionheart just got Maerchen'd! Or... nah, he's good. He's got that protective cloth covering his crotch, see?

Iwsjevdl o

Man, Sierra's move... so crap.

Kebmq8gj o

Thank goodness for this, eh? Heheheh...

E9nn2doc o

Here's what Sierra's dodge looks like. It's similar to the GBA Druids' dodge, but ten times better. I love how she just reappears in that troll stance. She's all like "Oh, that almost scratched my dress! Congratulations, little man!".

Uoj3xsw5 o

And now he's gone from this world. Poor man. He just wanted to impale her groin with his pole, but she was having none of that. She's already got a man, and he's the best man in the entire route!

8qws3kqr o98vktmcg o

Mel levels up. It's... It's something, that much is certain. Urgh...

4nkg2txy o

Holmes's stealing spree continues. A Paces a-Hundred Yet Still I Cure! Amazing find!

3wgvyjea o

Things are looking goOOOAAAAHAAHAHHAAOOHOAOAOHOAHAAAAHAAHHOOOAAAAAAAHHHHH!!

Vafpoqxk o

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! NOT HER! TAKE MAERCHEN!! MAERCHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!

1izhklk3 oHrzitkbx o

G-Gh, gghhhhh...! Oh, I think I just crapped my pants... lemme see... yup, little smear down there... aw, fiddle dee dee.

Emqt8kdl oGqvdcrgp o

Man, this guy... he refuses to die...! He just dodged a 94%, the bastard! A true knight till the bitter end, I'll give him that much!

Npvavnsw o

Welp. I intended to give the boss kill to Garo, to get him closer to his skill-learning levels, but we really cannot afford to let Bismarck make it to Tom.

Lirtlf2d oJavnztpj o

Goodbye. You were too good for this mission, my man.

Ijawpzf4 o

See ya. Now hand over the experience!

Sjmcreyx o

...well. She's a TRS Mage, all right. Even if she does have Warp. Auuurgh...

Ioxnrsjy o1uzueclx o

Let's just take care of the stragglers and be done with this. As it often is the case in Holmes's route, the objective is not just to rout, but also to claim all the loot.

Rypyvzyb o

Speed's the best stat. I like this enough, The Roger.

K0s6dxk7 oVk1lsgkl o0emekty0 o

I think the final kill will go to Sierra. She's at 70 experience, I wanna see if I can't get another level for her today.

Fnf4stja o

Wait, might as well try to ensure she gets as much experience as posible.

Dfnlion6 oXijrtmxi oDckjxswd o

Alas...

0glvkskr o

She's much too powerful, so she got naught but the minimum 20 experience for the final kill of the map. Oh, well, that just means we won't have to wait very long to see green arrows next time we play as Holmes.

V7gbd4j8 o

Final chest, the one Bismarck was standing on. Sierra might like this, in due time. Garo is also going to get one, no questions asked, but we've already got enough to spare for him.

Eevuha0d o

This chapter's outro is very short, just like the intro, so let's cover it right now.

45sul3cq o

That's the whole chapter outro.

...well, looks like that's it! Couple of scares back there, but other than that, it was a pretty uneventful update. Next time, we meet the final boss of Holmes's second route split, and see Simon's Condor Squad and Zepp's idiocy again as we resume Runan's story where we left off. Don't miss it! See y'all next time, folks! Buh-bye, farewell, byeeeeeee!

Ktuugxqx o

Nbtgkz0m o

Yensvblz o

Pkkf8vzw o

Pszzpkzb o

Ft8kcgsp o

Z5fgehj4 o

56dpjfo9 o

Mtu1wrdt o

R68puevw o

Gqhlthqg o

Wivjbmgk o

Pqduariv o

Htydghgv o

Yiibw7ss o

Txsg7kig o

L4ovkx7d o

Pqwnskch o

Jpqceuho o

1etqtbbh o

I80is89x o

Qpmc9wnm o

9qj7alrd o

Scf1ctlb o

Hooksquj o

7grdmugc o

Qfda2ego o

Io6mjbzh o

5htppmhz o

2glycz4l o

Sfihukne o

Gs9vneuk o

To be continued.

Death count: Attrom
                        Juliattisnacordst
                        Sharon
                        Krishna
                        Indiana Jones

Reset count: 2 (Runan: 1 - Katri: 1)

Dullahan's done with my incompetence: 6

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What kind of people have I gathered in my thread? I have had exactly two fights in my entire life, and one of them was with my best friend! Why is everybody reading me fucking Rambo?

I learned it from Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, where Mako, the pirate who looks kind of like Professor E. Gadd keeps a knife in the book he carries according to his figurine description in the Nintendo gallery.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They're both old guys, but other than that... Heck, their character motivations are the complete opposite. Frollo wants to fuck a girl or kill her so nobody else can have her; Barlowe wants to bring back a guy by killing a girl he has no interest on.

Ah, but if we look at Frollo in the novel and Barlowe, we see either one once had good motives before being driven to madness and becoming all that they had taken vows against (in Barlowe's case little more than a servant to the being who was the Order's foe, and in Frollo's case his own vows of chastity drove him mad). Either one served as a father figure, whether to Shanoa or to Quasimodo (noting novel Frollo actually did stop some nuns from drowning the baby). Yet either one ultimately betrayed their foster-child, using them for their own selfish ends sought after because of their deteriorating mental health. Also the fact that Frollo was a monk as opposed to a judge in the novel takes him a bit closer to a member of an order.

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pffffttt low blow, man.

Not as low as the one Maerchen took before joining you.

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And to this day, people still discuss that scene and ponder over what exactly happened to him. Pfft. The stubborn fools. It's perfectly obvious that what happened to him was

It's actually pretty obvious for a serious note. One just has to pay attention to the background events.

46 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So, uhh... may I ask why we're assaulting a cargo ship right now? We aren't defending ourselves, or Runan's rear, or Mahl, or Wellt, or anything. We're just randomly attacking this cargo ship that wasn't doing anything to us, or anyone for that matter. Our heroes.

Holmes finally worked out he was supposed to be a privateer and raiding enemy cargo ships is what he's supposed to do to be a privateer instead of whatever the hell he's been doing all game.

52 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Bwms4vmo o

But... I'm going to miss the tank.

58 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Let's just take care of the stragglers and be done with this. As it often is the case in Holmes's route, the objective is not just to rout, but also to claim all the loot.

My explanation stands.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:
L4ovkx7d o

Pqwnskch o

Wow. You somehow managed to make him even more detestable than before. I didn't realize that was even possible. I'm going to savor his demise.

It's quite remarkable how "Why are we doing things?" stays a consistent theme on Holmes' route. We had mountains of exposition in the last update but there was just no time to address such a basic question, it seems. 
This time around there actually is a reason for what Holmes does. We are trying to retake Granada. No idea why this couldn't just have been stated in the script. On Runan's side, we most certainly know that he is about to retake his home from our good friend Lentzenheimer.
Although I could imagine that Holmes' is basically just cruising around and eventually just decided to retake Granada because he just so happened to end up in that area.

Edited by BrightBow

Tom is so paralyzed by the sights and sounds of the outdoors that he forgot how to move and fight.  Also, The Roger is secretly Sailor Moon. :P:

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He spends most of his time as a human, tho, doesn't he?

Well yes, but an innate survival instinct of an ages old dragon would not be suppressed by merely putting on his human suit. 

You know how Tom's a hilarious tank? Not anymore. As a Ballistician, he cannot move, he cannot use weapons other than ballistae, and his stats take a huge hit. Ballistae aren't the best weapons in the game, to be frank

If this is permanent you may have just majorly screwed your self over. 

Yensvblz o

I totally called it Oh my! Margaret is still alive! This gave Pengaius further shock!

Txsg7kig o

L4ovkx7d o

Pqwnskch o

Jpqceuho o

1etqtbbh o

As disgusting as this guy is (I propose he be named Desecho because slaver/pervert/scum takes too long to type) , I feel like we really need to step back and look at how good you've become as a writer, kudos to you Ruben you can write a hateable villain better than the fates localisation team. Props my man, look how buttery you've become at this. 

Qfda2ego o

Ruben luck strikes again Oh no oh my! How terrible, something bad is going to happen to Margaret at this mysterious strangers hands!

Io6mjbzh o

Kick his ass with your plot convenient extreme magical power ya green lug! Uh oh! This new client guy is part of the pervert trash brigade, whoever he is must be absolute scum, because it's one thing to run a business like this but it's another to partake and not report it to the authorities, whatever craven cur may come through the door, may he suffer a terrible fate (like having to use Arkis in his TRS run). What a true representation of the lowest of humanity. 

On 4/28/2019 at 7:12 AM, Mad-manakete said:

To be honest the way he says "I already sorted it out" almost makes me feel like he did. I mean how else could one be so calm about it?

On 4/28/2019 at 7:47 AM, BrightBow said:

That... would actually make perfect sense. I support this interpretation.

Btw, Holmes? Nice that you want to apologize to Xeno and all but maybe consider apologizing to Yuni too. You are after all the very same guy that let this bastard walk away to cause more harm.

On 4/28/2019 at 9:27 PM, Hawkwing said:

It sadly reads more like he just helped Xeno and Juni, good deed that it is.

Him taking Mr. Bordello out would be fitting, but Shigen isn't all about killing.

On 4/28/2019 at 9:27 PM, Hawkwing said:

On it:

And the Hebrew Version:

Fun fact: Ofra Haza, the woman who played Moses mother, did the exact same role in 26 different countries.

Which is bigger: Singing part of a grand epic song in 26 different languages or having to work with one phrase and deliver it in over 30?

Also, it's kind of amazing how Dreamworks never made a movie that quite matched the quality of Prince of Egypt when they had so much talent then.

15 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I played two hours of FFVI.

At this point I'm mentioning it enough that I could do another reference to the show I referenced yesterday. I think everyone who at least knows about it can tell what it might be. Here's a tip, it has to do with cans. And shineboxes.

Terra's Theme still drums without too much effort if I think of it (To be fair, it's the world map theme as well).

Noruma's music is still a classic.

Also ask him why this isn't used:

Nkykjcy8 o

Or this:

Hfrdyyc3 o

The first looks like F!Shinon and the second is Ares's secret brother, Purple Knight.

Probably so, since she was a Witch of Gerxel and all.

I mean, she might not have learned it.

Pfffft. Just a nuclear blast? You've got nothing on Hawkwing.

I think him feeling every second of the burn and then knowing he'd have to suffer with it continuously thanks to that plot armour would be something.

Well... somebody will. It will sadly not be game canon, but it'll be LP canon. That will have to suffice, I'm afraid.

If who I think it is is involved, I may squee about as much as to a certain moment in Endgame.

(Said squee had to be internal as I saw it in the cinema (The day you posted even!))

Still, it was a pretty rookie mistake. Not to mention the implication that he stripped her in the middle of his "theatre", a public place where pretty much anyone can just casually waltz in at any given time, as proven by both Juni and Xeno casually waltzing in.

This has to be the kind of seedy place that locals know not to go near if he's that willing to act that way. Also explains how he keeps getting people who just wander in who don't know what's going on.

It's disgusting, but still.

Galle? What? Game of Thrones again?

Game of- Game of Thrones? This is an FE forum, how hard is it to get this one?

Galle's the first emperor of the Loptyrian (/Loptousan) Empire (The others were also named Galle, but still)!

Or not. Why does everyone assume Maerchen's good at things? he's Maerchen!

He ran a bandit crew with a ship.

He had to have done something right. Hell, he's done more right for Katri overall than Holmes has.

WHAT WHAT WHAT, WHAT IS THE REFERENCE?

Nothing much, just me wanting to whip out my W words and punning on well.

This made me roll on the ground. Thank you.

As put so mildly.

Why wouldn't you? It's perfectly sensible to hate those! I've told my therapist countless times, but she insists on giving me these funny colored pills... I refuse to take them!

That one kind of hurts personally.

I mean, on the one hand the reason's so dumb, but still.

I can imagine that was him, yes. Him, and all of his clergy.

"Yiyiyiyiyiyiyiyiyi, yiyiyiyiyii."

-Codex of Calming, P. 45 p 17, Morse 456

For a serious show, it's surprisingly packed with memes.

Even funnier, it's literally the only part of the show I've seen.

One evening,  (Can you channel surf on 3 channels?)

0zfd96rn o So, uhh... may I ask why we're assaulting a cargo ship right now? We aren't defending ourselves, or Runan's rear, or Mahl, or Wellt, or anything. We're just randomly attacking this cargo ship that wasn't doing anything to us, or anyone for that matter. Our heroes.

DO WHAT YOU WANT COS A PIRATE IS FREE

YOU ARE A PIRATE

Z1xp8lio o

The only real threat is Bismarck himself. He's got solid stats all around (beating our very own Lionel in a few areas, even!), a critty sword, and a critty lance with range. We'd best tread lightly around him, but other than him, there isn't anything to be worried about here.

That is a depressing thing to read re. Lionel, Bismark is dangerous.

4ooi793s o

You might be wondering why I'm dragging Maerchen's slimy self around. Well, you see, I've a shortage of weapons. More to the point, I've no bows at all. Thus, I'm going to be aiming for those bowguns the enemies are sporting. I'd also like to nab a lance or two. This chapter's easy enough that Maerchen shouldn't be that big a liability.

Maerchen being useful:

More common than you think.

9boua4hb o

A shame that uniqueness entails he screws everyone around him over. He's going to need a wall around him if he is to survive.

Wait, does the reduction in hit and evade hit the enemies as well?

Isn't he supposed to be so noxious that everyone gags and can't fight as well, which would mean it hits everyone. Right?

Jrbxj2qs o

I'm trying to remember if you can attack again after Rewarp in SoV.

It's still not the last time in FE, because Fates allows warping like this. On a DLC class. To spaces adjacent to allies.

Lbutnpe7 oDiibtfkd oU5kecuel o

Sierra's got some fancy animations.

It's like she just takes lightning into her hands and just blasts it at someone.

Lightning redirection's cool.

Elcv9zxs o

...this, possible.

When you think about it, it's really ironic. She's disgusted by the idea of killing a human being, but she's perfectly fine with crippling people for Maerchen to slit their throats while they're on the ground and take their possessions.

I'm pretty sure she considers death a mercy at this point.

H8ypdrpu o

Hey, that's... actually a good level for Maerchen! Hit's really what he needs, since Raquel's going to be doing the dirty job for the most part.

That's 3 more hit.

Go on!

And Holmes begins the pillaging! Looks like they were working on replacing that one shield Seamus gave us before he died. Well, too bad, now it's ours. Garo takes it from Holmes and stuffs it in the convoy. If Holmes gets attacked, I want him to take it to the face, not waste shield uses.

I mean, it's practical, but I feel like the first reason is so you can see Holmes take pain.

I like Bismarck's sprite. He's like Lionel, but green, and I like green. Incidentally, he uses the second boss theme, so you know the drill.

Jx9by2ti o

I'm going to be honest with you, Bismarck, I have no idea why we're doing this, myself. I thought we were the heroes? Sure, these are military supplies, but for all we knew this could've been carrying food for war refugees. It doesn't help that it seems Bismarck's a pretty nice man.

I mean, these are the Canaan Empire's ships, meaning they could be considered enemy combatants.

The moral issue is more that Holmes just seemingly charged into them. But Holmes is a pirate, it wouldn't be unfitting.

Point is, are we the baddies?

Qmneq512 o

Tom's ballistician animation. It's so quick and simple, I decided to make a gif of it.

Seems like it's too quick, does it not have a half-second to focus on the enemy?

68v60eoc o

You know how Tom's a hilarious tank? Not anymore. As a Ballistician, he cannot move, he cannot use weapons other than ballistae, and his stats take a huge hit. Ballistae aren't the best weapons in the game, to be frank.

Look at how they've massacred my boy.

Ballistae: Not even once.

Jvrtpjnw oXncsrrya o

...GWAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH HE GETS DOUBLED! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 1% CRIT... BLISTERING SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!

That right there is an AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA worthy moment.

Htv0eaz8 oVhfmiraf oTzxbu4lc o

It's really cool. More detailed than most other Archers, too, I'm pretty sure he has more frames than the rest.

I just think the clothes are really neat.

An Arabian Nights focused FE could be great.

Uv8v17ih o

Strength? What's with you today, Maerchen? How come you're doing... things? Good things!?

MAERCHEN'S COMING THROUGH

E9nn2doc o

Here's what Sierra's dodge looks like. It's similar to the GBA Druids' dodge, but ten times better. I love how she just reappears in that troll stance. She's all like "Oh, that almost scratched my dress! Congratulations, little man!".

She's got the fancy warp.

She must be evil, get her!

Vafpoqxk o

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! NOT HER! TAKE MAERCHEN!! MAERCHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!

You know he'd just go for Tom first, right?

Emqt8kdl oGqvdcrgp o

Man, this guy... he refuses to die...! He just dodged a 94%, the bastard! A true knight till the bitter end, I'll give him that much!

Bismark taking bites out of others as he goes down.

I can see it.

Z5fgehj4 o56dpjfo9 o

Look, she is alive!

While I called it, that is still a horrible way to find out she's definitely not dead.

R68puevw oGqhlthqg oWivjbmgk o

Probably not as much as they pay for this asshole's slow torture honestly.

Pqwnskch oJpqceuho o1etqtbbh o

And now he's self aware of how he acts like such a coward and it ensures he gets away with his life.

The end for him will not be torturous enough I assume.

7grdmugc oQfda2ego o

Well, I think we all know who that is.

It's totally Humphry.

Aside from that, of course it's a bumble into the next scene for him.

Io6mjbzh o

Where is my super nuke?

Oh wait I can't make one of those.

9 hours ago, Pengaius said:

As disgusting as this guy is (I propose he be named Desecho because slaver/pervert/scum takes too long to type) , I feel like we really need to step back and look at how good you've become as a writer, kudos to you Ruben you can write a hateable villain better than the fates localisation team. Props my man, look how buttery you've become at this. 

Which would win: A team of experienced localisers who have experience writing characters Vs. One Spaniard Boi.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Even in these days I forget to check for this.

So anyways, one evening I was looking at the telly seeing what was on (I mean, with what I could on three channels) and it just happened that this moment of the show was on, so I watched it, hence how it's the only bit I ever saw. It's funny that even a decade later that's still remembered.

Part 48 - Thomas.

Things:

Spoiler
On 30/4/2019 at 8:36 PM, Mad-manakete said:

I learned it from Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, where Mako, the pirate who looks kind of like Professor E. Gadd keeps a knife in the book he carries according to his figurine description in the Nintendo gallery.

Ahhh, huh. Interesting.

Ah, but if we look at Frollo in the novel and Barlowe, we see either one once had good motives before being driven to madness and becoming all that they had taken vows against (in Barlowe's case little more than a servant to the being who was the Order's foe, and in Frollo's case his own vows of chastity drove him mad). Either one served as a father figure, whether to Shanoa or to Quasimodo (noting novel Frollo actually did stop some nuns from drowning the baby). Yet either one ultimately betrayed their foster-child, using them for their own selfish ends sought after because of their deteriorating mental health. Also the fact that Frollo was a monk as opposed to a judge in the novel takes him a bit closer to a member of an order.

Barlowe's past is open to interpretation, really, given that the one who said he was driven mad by Dominus was Shanoa, who had no memories at that point. I personally prefer the theory that he was always batshit insane, because I absolutely love the idea of a guy raising two children especifically so he could sacrifice them to Dracula twenty years down the line. Quite the master plan. Too bad he didn't consider that one of the kids'd turn out to be smart.

Other than that, good points.

Not as low as the one Maerchen took before joining you.

O O F

It's actually pretty obvious for a serious note. One just has to pay attention to the background events.

Indeed.

Holmes finally worked out he was supposed to be a privateer and raiding enemy cargo ships is what he's supposed to do to be a privateer instead of whatever the hell he's been doing all game.

So basically he's Maerchen but he likes to say he's not. Check.

But... I'm going to miss the tank.

It'll be back next chapter, no worries.

My explanation stands.

Sadly so.

Wow. You somehow managed to make him even more detestable than before. I didn't realize that was even possible. I'm going to savor his demise.

Oh, dear. At this rate, what I plan to do with him won't be nearly enough to sate everybody's bloodlust.

On 30/4/2019 at 8:38 PM, BrightBow said:

It's quite remarkable how "Why are we doing things?" stays a consistent theme on Holmes' route. We had mountains of exposition in the last update but there was just no time to address such a basic question, it seems. 

This route is just a masterpiece of great planning.

This time around there actually is a reason for what Holmes does. We are trying to retake Granada. No idea why this couldn't just have been stated in the script. On Runan's side, we most certainly know that he is about to retake his home from our good friend Lentzenheimer.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it was quickly mentioned in passing a while back. My question is: why attack this boat? I know that it's standing in the way on the map, so I can't avoid it, but what's the in-universe explanation, baring Holmes being a dick and not much better than Maerchen?

Although I could imagine that Holmes' is basically just cruising around and eventually just decided to retake Granada because he just so happened to end up in that area.

That's probably it, considering he neither wants to become ruler of Granada, nor cares about his father at all. Or it doesn't seem so, at least.

On 30/4/2019 at 9:03 PM, eclipse said:

Tom is so paralyzed by the sights and sounds of the outdoors that he forgot how to move and fight.  Also, The Roger is secretly Sailor Moon. :P:

I won't pretend to understand where that came from, but...

Um9yublj o

It got me thinking.

On 1/5/2019 at 1:18 AM, Pengaius said:

Well yes, but an innate survival instinct of an ages old dragon would not be suppressed by merely putting on his human suit. 

I suppose so.

If this is permanent you may have just majorly screwed your self over. 

Of course it isn't, would've been horrible game design if it was. Even Kaga isn't that bad at things.

I totally called it Oh my! Margaret is still alive! This gave Pengaius further shock!

Get outta here with your sarcasms.

As disgusting as this guy is (I propose he be named Desecho because slaver/pervert/scum takes too long to type) ,

Desecho-- you did that to spite me, didn't you?!

I feel like we really need to step back and look at how good you've become as a writer, kudos to you Ruben you can write a hateable villain better than the fates localisation team. Props my man, look how buttery you've become at this. 

Heh, you flatter me too much. Thanks a lot, man! Really appreciate it. Maybe I should get around to giving Arkis that one level...

Honestly tho, that "bussiness" typo is driving me nuts. Ah, shucks. I'll proofread this update's stuff more throughoutly.

Ruben luck strikes again Oh no oh my! How terrible, something bad is going to happen to Margaret at this mysterious strangers hands!

...stop it.

Kick his ass with your plot convenient extreme magical power ya green lug! Uh oh! This new client guy is part of the pervert trash brigade, whoever he is must be absolute scum, because it's one thing to run a business like this but it's another to partake and not report it to the authorities, whatever craven cur may come through the door, may he suffer a terrible fate (like having to use Arkis in his TRS run). What a true representation of the lowest of humanity. 

...okay, don't stop it, this was way better than it had any right to be.

On 1/5/2019 at 10:50 AM, Dayni said:

It sadly reads more like he just helped Xeno and Juni, good deed that it is.

Him taking Mr. Bordello out would be fitting, but Shigen isn't all about killing.

Yeah, even beyond me confirming him being alive (for now), I feel it's pretty clear that he's meant to survive everything.

Which is bigger: Singing part of a grand epic song in 26 different languages or having to work with one phrase and deliver it in over 30?

Either way, that's one dedicated woman.

Also, it's kind of amazing how Dreamworks never made a movie that quite matched the quality of Prince of Egypt when they had so much talent then.

Well, I have no idea. Never really watched any Dreamworks movies.

Terra's Theme still drums without too much effort if I think of it (To be fair, it's the world map theme as well).

I dunno, I can't really remember the VI ost, other than the boss themes.

Noruma's music is still a classic.

Come to think about it, I never do pay attention to composer names either. One of my favourite videogame themes of all time, and all I know is that it's called Lament to the Master and that it belongs to a good sir named Barlowe.

The first looks like F!Shinon and the second is Ares's secret brother, Purple Knight.

Purple Knight? Pffft. He looks more like Lentzenheimer than anybody else.

I mean, she might not have learned it.

Given that a Witch's purpose is to warp around... I think it'll be established later down the line. We'll wait patiently until then.

I think him feeling every second of the burn and then knowing he'd have to suffer with it continuously thanks to that plot armour would be something.

Hahahah, man, the hatred... understandable, but it's rather overwhelming.

If who I think it is is involved, I may squee about as much as to a certain moment in Endgame.

(Said squee had to be internal as I saw it in the cinema (The day you posted even!))

Ahhh, Endgame. I was surrounded by the hype, but never did share it. Couldn't care less, to be brutally honest.

Now, when Ninty finally decides to give me my Luigi's Mansion 3 release date... THAT is when I will squee in glee.

This has to be the kind of seedy place that locals know not to go near if he's that willing to act that way. Also explains how he keeps getting people who just wander in who don't know what's going on.

It's disgusting, but still.

It's terrible that this is a plausible explanation.

Game of- Game of Thrones? This is an FE forum, how hard is it to get this one?

I haven't played the Jugdral games, and I only read a LP of 5 many years ago. That's how hard it can be.

Though, I do intend to correct part of this issue when the good Thracia translation comes out. 4... meh. I really don't think I'd like that one.

Galle's the first emperor of the Loptyrian (/Loptousan) Empire (The others were also named Galle, but still)!

Ah, I see. Hey, cut me some slack, that's a really obscure detail. That's like, if I nonchalantly mentioned Roberts, and you were like "wha-- who?" and I screamed "THIS IS A FE FORUM, HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW THE PALADIN WHO APPEARS IN FE6 AS A BOSS, ONLY IN ECHIDNA'S ROUTE, AND ONLY IN HARD MODE?!?!".

Remember? He nearly killed Wade. Good times.

He ran a bandit crew with a ship.

He had to have done something right. Hell, he's done more right for Katri overall than Holmes has.

...that... that much is true. Wow.

Nothing much, just me wanting to whip out my W words and punning on well.

Okay, I see where you're coming from.

As put so mildly.

Heheh, yep.

That one kind of hurts personally.

I mean, on the one hand the reason's so dumb, but still.

Ah, I'm sorry... wasn't my intention. I won't pry.

"Yiyiyiyiyiyiyiyiyi, yiyiyiyiyii."

-Codex of Calming, P. 45 p 17, Morse 456

Pfffwahahahah. Awesome.

Even funnier, it's literally the only part of the show I've seen.

On 1/5/2019 at 10:53 AM, Dayni said:

Even in these days I forget to check for this.

So anyways, one evening I was looking at the telly seeing what was on (I mean, with what I could on three channels) and it just happened that this moment of the show was on, so I watched it, hence how it's the only bit I ever saw. It's funny that even a decade later that's still remembered.

You only ever saw the ending? Whoa. C'mon, you need to at least watch the Varsity Athlete scene!

DO WHAT YOU WANT COS A PIRATE IS FREE

YOU ARE A PIRATE

That isn't the orig--

...is that a dick sword?

That is a depressing thing to read re. Lionel, Bismark is dangerous.

Lionel needs to get his act together and bring in the move growths.

Maerchen being useful:

More common than you think.

Sadly... sigh.

Wait, does the reduction in hit and evade hit the enemies as well?

Of course not, that'd be a kindness, and Kaga ain't known for the goodness of his heart.

Isn't he supposed to be so noxious that everyone gags and can't fight as well, which would mean it hits everyone. Right?

I dunno. Maybe the explanation's "fuck you, I'm Shouzou Kaga".

I'm trying to remember if you can attack again after Rewarp in SoV.

It's still not the last time in FE, because Fates allows warping like this. On a DLC class. To spaces adjacent to allies.

Kaga did it first, and better while at that.

It's like she just takes lightning into her hands and just blasts it at someone.

Lightning redirection's cool.

So she's Yoda, and not the game's Yoda. Got it.

I'm pretty sure she considers death a mercy at this point.

Then why does she not deliver it? Is she that twisted?

That's 3 more hit.

Go on!

Woo, three hurrahs for the asshole!

I mean, it's practical, but I feel like the first reason is so you can see Holmes take pain.

Ahh... no...? Nah, yes. Hahahahahahahahahah!

I mean, these are the Canaan Empire's ships, meaning they could be considered enemy combatants.

The moral issue is more that Holmes just seemingly charged into them. But Holmes is a pirate, it wouldn't be unfitting.

Point is, are we the baddies?

Pretty sure Holmes is the baddy, and everyone else are just rolling their eyes at his idiocy constantly.

Seems like it's too quick, does it not have a half-second to focus on the enemy?

It does have a half-second, a few half-seconds in fact, I just made the gif excruciatingly fast.

Look at how they've massacred my boy.

Ballistae: Not even once.

The FE6 LP was the Frollo appreciation thread... are we really going to turn this one into a Mafia-themed LP? No complaints, just asking.

That right there is an AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA worthy moment.

Oh, I did say AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, believe you me.

I just think the clothes are really neat.

An Arabian Nights focused FE could be great.

That they are, and that it would be.

MAERCHEN'S COMING THROUGH

He's here to plunder and rob!

She's got the fancy warp.

She must be evil, get her!

My warping mage, no! Over my dead body!

You know he'd just go for Tom first, right?

Yeah, either way, he had to go bye-bye.

Bismark taking bites out of others as he goes down.

I can see it.

He was a vicious opponent. Almost doubted we'd come out on top for a second there.

Look, she is alive!

While I called it, that is still a horrible way to find out she's definitely not dead.

Let's be fair, I didn't really hide it that well.

Probably not as much as they pay for this asshole's slow torture honestly.

I can think of a few people who'd pay for that. One of them is you.

And now he's self aware of how he acts like such a coward and it ensures he gets away with his life.

The end for him will not be torturous enough I assume.

Probably not. I don't think anything a person could do to him'd be enough.

Well, I think we all know who that is.

It's totally Humphry.

That'd be one way for him to return, no?

Aside from that, of course it's a bumble into the next scene for him.

Expect it today!

Where is my super nuke?

Oh wait I can't make one of those.

Thank goodness.

Which would win: A team of experienced localisers who have experience writing characters Vs. One Spaniard Boi.

Hwahahahahahah... that made me laugh too much. Thank you so much, mate!

On 1/5/2019 at 11:05 AM, BrightBow said:

What I find interesting is that throne guy is doing Medeus trademark pose.

mediuth.gif

Oh, right. He even has the sly smile, which Medeus lost in DSFE. I can only imagine the throne guy was meant to be a villain.

In any case I wonder were Aethin got the names from for portraits that are not used in the game.

You'd have to ask the man, but I'd guess it's all in the code.

More things:

Spoiler
Qo3rkiz6 o

Last time, we randomly murdered a bunch of soldiers to steal their things. Remember that we're the heroes. Today, we visit the Alhambra.

Qqsprulz oP7mlnohq o

These are Xyon and Praeva. Judging by how one of them has a way cooler design, name, and can speak (pretty sure that first "as" isn't needed), I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Herr Forehead overthere's our next Holmes boss.

Nzki4hre oWhat part of "defend the Gulft of Granada" do you not understand, Praeva? Aiming for another demotion? Also--You will address me as "General."

Ig08z2wo oForgive me, O Worthy General Xyon... Perhaps others had not deigned the news worthy of your divine attention...

0zfd96rn o What a moving show of unity among the ranks. Are they going to fight? Is Xyon going to steal next chapter's boss experience right here?

Ig08z2wo oOur marine forces have suffered great losses attempting to capture Yr.

Nzki4hre oWatch yourself, Praeva. Say, could you remind me... Whose fault is it that so many of our best ships were lost? Whose was it, Praeva? You should be shoveling waste in the work camps for what you did! I hear you begged on your knees at Empress Carla's feet to remain an officer. And yet you, the one responsible for the deaths of hundreds of our men, still walk around with your head held high! Have you no shame at all, Praeva?!

Lcvid1ha o

Ig08z2wo oYou and I both know the only reason you're in charge and not me is because the prince has the hots for your sister! You don't deserve to lead this army!

4lt3brpp o Jesus Christ on a bike, these two! And I thought Arlen was irritable! Sure, he tried to murder Merric, but at least he didn't insult his sister while at it!

Dtl0ulmg o

Ig08z2wo oTch...

Nzki4hre oThat's much better. Now, take the small flotilla that's left. You are to engage the invading pirates until they are deterred or destroyed. My wyvern knights will be assisting you. And leave the sailing to the sailors this time, Praeva.

0zfd96rn o Wait, but if he's such an irresponsible dick, why send him out on another mission? Just cut his throat and send someone else to stop us!

Sy1sa3ko oX2b0nnm1 o

So here's Praeva. We could go after him right now, but...

Qz16ohlq o1uyzimjg oEgrlsii3 o6uwyqm2v oMftxgyeo oG1h1z8j1 oGpd8aykl oF7sarsqk o

After some inventory management...

Plf2diub o

It's time to continue Runan's story. Remember, our foes are Simon and his Condor Squad, and Zepp, a really dumb generic General boss.

42auldtd o

(By the way, for those who are wondering, no, Tom's Ballistician change is not permanent. It cannot be undone in the chapter itself, but he automatically reverts into his Tank form once it's over)

B2ufdfpr o

I forgot to screenshot the title, and I can't be arsed to do it now.

...okay, nah, hold on.

Y42o7ulp o

Very well, Ruben from five minutes later here. It was more like two minutes, frankly. Doesn't matter whether it's Ruben from five minutes later, five minutes ago, the day after or the day before, he's aaaaaaaaaaaaalways lazy.

Ih49ob2i oWhat a bother... I'd hoped that we could take both forts at once, but I doubt that'll be possible now. We could fight our way to the northern fort through the walls, or trudge through the desert and take the southern one... The choice is yours, Milord Runan.

P1zzgcas o Why yes, this is a decision. And unlike in Telltale's games, it actually matters here. Very much so, in fact: the next chapter changes depending on which fort you seize. You'll see.

Um606rva oWe'll have to consider out options carefully. Whichever path we choose, it's going to be troublesome either way.

4xxyssy3 o

Meanwhile, on EVIL's side...

Gzsqk762 oRiqcymj5 o

EVIL and NOT SO EVIL BUT STILL A PAIN IN THE ASS leave the northern fort.

Ca2tn8tb oLxmmj2xg o

Simon then returns to the southern fort, to confer with his squadmates.

Ivdwvfck o

Pp0l2bvn oRidiculous, that's what. He's been itching to see combat again for such a long time, he refuses to do anything short of charging the enemy head-on. That fool is sprinting to his own death.

Pnuy7es5 o

Pp0l2bvn oYeah, business as usual.

0zfd96rn o Normally, that'd be the end of it, more or less but since I've been bending over backwards throughout the entire LP...

Pp0l2bvn oSay, Thomas, where's your little brother? I didn't see him coming in.

0zfd96rn o Yeah, there's a guy named Thomas. So we have Tom, formerly known as Thomas, Thomas, who used to be called Toms, and Tomas, a completely unrelated character who also used to be named Thomas! What is this, like the Three Stoogies, except it's the Three Tommies?

I3koyfvt o

Pp0l2bvn oThe girl we found in the desert? She was still unconscious when I left... What's her story?

Y7bfab53 o

0zfd96rn o Yep. Somehow, Letena wandered all the way here looking for Kreiss. Don't ask me how she managed to outrun both of our armies.

Rpu1bcs7 oIt's a miracle she got off with only a mild case of heat stroke. Mark's totally fallen for her, by the way. He's been watching over her nonstop since we found her. That's why he's so keen to get her out of here before the fighting starts.

Pp0l2bvn oHuh...

0zfd96rn o Oof... that's going to be awkward.

B5x4bdzi oRctgzusr oSaodxmb9 o

0zfd96rn o Here's Mark. More than anyone else, he'll make my life miserable next update.

Ko0gqoau oLetena, I have to go now... I've only known you for a short time, but I'm glad I was able to meet you.

Bd0qenhf o

Ko0gqoau oWe might not see each other ever again, but I hope you live a life of happiness. I'm sure that Kreiss is looking for you. Believe in the one you love.

4ze9boel oI will. Take care, Sir Mark.

Xnrcxwpj o

Seems like it's going to be really easy, right? Ooohhhooo, no... believe me, Kaga isn't done punishing me for wanting to get Kreiss laid.

Z81igevr o

Mark reunites with his group, and... hey, isn't that...

8y6cvfxb oK34gvl91 o

P1zzgcas o ...well, well, well. How very convenient.

Swox3h53 o "Get yer toches on down t' the desert, m'boy! There's tons o' treasure t' be had!" What a load of bull... I'm gonna shrivel up like a raisin before I find anything out here!

0zfd96rn o You mean you'll turn into a cute rabbit waifu? That's an odd mental picture...

Swox3h53 o Ughhh... Someone out here has to have some water...

F4aswdy8 o You'll come to regret those words, my pal. Heheheh... oh, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

And that's all! Really short update. Quite unlike some other text updates I can think of... in any case, next time we get a desert chapter with an overpowered enemy squad of named units, a side objective I've building up to all game, tons of treasure to find... how hard could it possibly be? Find out next time! Fare thee well, readers!

Kvuadscl o

Tenu7iot o

Pqy76atw o

2p0lirom o

Dqsw3zln o

J9n3ps3f o

U8voejna o

2m0qpuaj o

3stj4am1 o

Zez5e4ze o

Z573jnem o

0h591dhd o

0tw6m4do o

J7kx9pth o

3sffhwac o

Onosynoy o

Fsleiqyl o

F2xfhp08 o

4c2q3qyw o

Kbzsmh7q o

Jch5n90o o

4s41a3z8 o

1n60xrwg o

Mi8ctaxw o

Gxvnzmci o

Ysptm14i o

Ewmrisoj o

Pd7ow7hz o

D79jhdnl o

Flj3lc1t o

Apwmzekh o

Gz5pczea o

Wjxjgdxy o

M23kbb9m o

To be continued.

Juliattisnacordst
                        Sharon
                        Krishna
                        Indiana Jones

Leteena also somehow managed to cross the sea. All by herself too apparently. I wonder if she told her sister about this. Can't imagine anyone would think that this is a good idea.

Well, I have no idea. Never really watched any Dreamworks movies.

Trust me, it's This > El Dorado/HtTYD > Kung Fu Panda > The good Shrek stuff > Everything else > Shark Tale in terms of what's acceptable.

Going past the good Shrek stuff is a mistake.

Come to think about it, I never do pay attention to composer names either. One of my favourite videogame themes of all time, and all I know is that it's called Lament to the Master and that it belongs to a good sir named Barlowe.

I am absolutely kicking myself actually, Nomura was one of Square main artists.

The musician was Nobuo Uematsu (I mean, he had a hand all the way to to at least 10. I have no complaints about this. He was fantastic.)

Purple Knight? Pffft. He looks more like Lentzenheimer than anybody else.

He might have been beta Lentzenheimer, but he just looks like Ares's brother to me.

I haven't played the Jugdral games, and I only read a LP of 5 many years ago. That's how hard it can be.

Though, I do intend to correct part of this issue when the good Thracia translation comes out. 4... meh. I really don't think I'd like that one.

I'm not surprised, Galle isn't mentioned in 5 and he's only in the lore of 4.

I still think the experience of Genealogy is worth trying. It's a different beast, I'd argue more of a black sheep than Gaiden. The story also is probably the one best supported by external materials, to the point that the game itself could be considered a little bare.

That's a big reason to remake the Judgral titles imo, the game's one that I'm curious how it's end up.

Ah, I see. Hey, cut me some slack, that's a really obscure detail. That's like, if I nonchalantly mentioned Roberts, and you were like "wha-- who?" and I screamed "THIS IS A FE FORUM, HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW THE PALADIN WHO APPEARS IN FE6 AS A BOSS, ONLY IN ECHIDNA'S ROUTE, AND ONLY IN HARD MODE?!?!".

Remember? He nearly killed Wade. Good times.

It's still a big enough part of the lore versus a one-off boss.

You only ever saw the ending? Whoa. C'mon, you need to at least watch the Varsity Athlete scene!

I think I'd rather keep that as a jokey little tidbit.

That isn't the orig--

...is that a dick sword?

Okay, so the song's a cover from the band Alestorm. The animation is from a.... dirty artist which I first learned about from a shitpost. This was just me looking for a version and picking it on the music.

Kaga did it first, and better while at that.

It's better balanced in Fates.

Kaga really made things mostly broken until fucking Berwick. Berwick is the real shame, localisation for that would be cooler than Vestaria imo.

So she's Yoda, and not the game's Yoda. Got it.

I mean, I was thinking of Avatar instead (No, not the one with blue people).

Besides, Yoda can't use Force Lightning as he is absolutely not a Sith (Don't play in my fucking yard for references)

The FE6 LP was the Frollo appreciation thread... are we really going to turn this one into a Mafia-themed LP? No complaints, just asking.

That's a mafia reference?

I can think of a few people who'd pay for that. One of them is you.

Pay to watch? I'd take part with this if he were real because such a cartoonishly horrible person isn't one anyone would be happy with.

Last time, we randomly murdered a bunch of soldiers to steal their things. Remember that we're the heroes. Today, we visit the Alhambra.

Shit I don't remember the Alhambra being that close to Granada.

It has been a long time since I went there though. After a search, turns out it is- how did I forget it's in Granada?

Nzki4hre oWatch yourself, Praeva. Say, could you remind me... Whose fault is it that so many of our best ships were lost? Whose was it, Praeva? You should be shoveling waste in the work camps for what you did! I hear you begged on your knees at Empress Carla's feet to remain an officer. And yet you, the one responsible for the deaths of hundreds of our men, still walk around with your head held high! Have you no shame at all, Praeva?!

Lcvid1ha o

What did Xyon do to have this kind of complaining at him?

One ship has been lost so far, that is not on the level of "YOU ARE THE WORST, DIE ALREADY".

Ig08z2wo oYou and I both know the only reason you're in charge and not me is because the prince has the hots for your sister! You don't deserve to lead this army!

4lt3brpp o Jesus Christ on a bike, these two! And I thought Arlen was irritable! Sure, he tried to murder Merric, but at least he didn't insult his sister while at it!

These two need a scratching post.

They'd want the other one to be the post though.

0zfd96rn o Wait, but if he's such an irresponsible dick, why send him out on another mission? Just cut his throat and send someone else to stop us!

Because he can do that after he returns if he manages to succeed anyway?

I mean he either dies or comes back and can be stabbed, all the while pretending "oh no, he was stabbed in revenge by a vengeful lone asshole.".

Y7bfab53 o

0zfd96rn o Yep. Somehow, Letena wandered all the way here looking for Kreiss. Don't ask me how she managed to outrun both of our armies.

One lone blind girl moving faster than an armed force?

Man being alone makes you so much faster!

Xnrcxwpj o

Seems like it's going to be really easy, right? Ooohhhooo, no... believe me, Kaga isn't done punishing me for wanting to get Kreiss laid.

The quest to get laid is truly insane apparently.

Will you get Letenna killed by Mark?

Swox3h53 o "Get yer toches on down t' the desert, m'boy! There's tons o' treasure t' be had!" What a load of bull... I'm gonna shrivel up like a raisin before I find anything out here!

0zfd96rn o You mean you'll turn into a cute rabbit waifu? That's an odd mental picture...

It's sad I get this.

I blame Markyjoe.

U8voejna o2m0qpuaj o

Wait, didn't he know Margaret is dead?

Z573jnem o

0h591dhd o

Of course he gets a knife to the back.

Why he ran off is indeed a good question.

4c2q3qyw o

Kbzsmh7q o

That's not a nuke.

That is a lot of fire though.

He's dead though, fucking finally.

Gxvnzmci o

Ysptm14i o

I can't stop giggling at her just shouting KNIFE as she stabs the grunt.

KNIFE TO MEET YOU!

WAS KNIFE KNOWING YOU!

Gz5pczea oWjxjgdxy oM23kbb9m o

Oh look, Ruben is trying to be a hero.

What's the bet that someone will come for him?

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Desecho-- you did that to spite me, didn't you?

Maaaaybee just a teensy bit

...stop it.

Sheeesh fiiiine

...okay, don't stop it, this was way better than it had any right to be.

Make up your mind, I'm the only one allowed to be a tsundere in this thread

Mftxgyeo o

This gave Pengaius further shock! Thank you kind sir I won't forget this. 

(By the way, for those who are wondering, no, Tom's Ballistician change is not permanent. It cannot be undone in the chapter itself, but he automatically reverts into his Tank form once it's over)

Oh tank goodness!

Ih49ob2i oWhat a bother... I'd hoped that we could take both forts at once, but I doubt that'll be possible now. We could fight our way to the northern fort through the walls, or trudge through the desert and take the southern one... The choice is yours, Milord Runan.

Why not both, no really just kill everything on the map, designate entangled as the other seize bot and you'd have an unique and interestingly designed map. 

8y6cvfxb oK34gvl91 o

Obvious joke time

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Kbzsmh7q o

Hey rube, can you spare me a few uses of the plot! darkruon and some very pointy weapons when you're done with 'em. I feel this guy needs... further shock

4s41a3z8 o

Spectacular, you quote--unquote amaze me, Ruben. 

Gxvnzmci o

Obvious joke again

M23kbb9m o

Unrelated thought

We all know that the Tomas in Archanea would be so amazing that he'd solve all of Runan and Holmes' problems by himself!  That's why the only relation he has to this game is his name. :P:

So basically he's Maerchen but he likes to say he's not. Check.

Speaking of Maerchen, my explanation as to why I'd think he'd be competent at steering a ship goes along the lines:
1. He was clearly in command of the ship
2. To be in command of a ship of murderous pirates you need something to keep them turning against you
3. Maerchen's stats show that it sure as hell wasn't his abilities in combat that did the job.
4. Maerchen's heavy losses to Holmes would have been grounds for them to do away with him if it were his planning that they had him for
5. By process of elimination,  that leaves either the notion Maerchen is secretly a rich eccentric and was paying mercenaries so he could play pirate (in which case they'd need him as a source of guaranteed money), or he was the only one who could steer a ship of the lot (meaning mutiny would be suicide). One scenario is a little more likely, as even mercenaries only have so much tolerance for bad leadership.
There's also the possibility that Maerchen had them convinced he was competent, but that'd take so much dumb luck we can pretty much discard it.

Barlowe's past is open to interpretation, really, given that the one who said he was driven mad by Dominus was Shanoa, who had no memories at that point. I personally prefer the theory that he was always batshit insane, because I absolutely love the idea of a guy raising two children especifically so he could sacrifice them to Dracula twenty years down the line. Quite the master plan. Too bad he didn't consider that one of the kids'd turn out to be smart.

Other than that, good points.

Really, the fact it could be either makes the character work for more people. To me there's an appeal in the notion that Barlowe was once dedicated to a noble goal, but gazed into the abyss too long and was corrupted by it. I can't help but enjoy the notion of a villain who originally started with the best intentions but ended up everything their younger self would have despised. Sure, it's been done, but there's power to the theme.

He was a vicious opponent. Almost doubted we'd come out on top for a second there.

And then he became an Esper in Final Fantasy VI for some reason. https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Bismarck_(Final_Fantasy_VI)

Good to hear. It would have been devastating to lose the all-terrain tank.

Why yes, this is a decision. And unlike in Telltale's games, it actually matters here. Very much so, in fact: the next chapter changes depending on which fort you seize. You'll see.

Eugen will remember that...

Pnuy7es5 o

Disney's Hercules? What are you doing here? Is this about the HercuLees pun earlier?

0zfd96rn o Yeah, there's a guy named Thomas. So we have Tom, formerly known as Thomas, Thomas, who used to be called Toms, and Tomas, a completely unrelated character who also used to be named Thomas! What is this, like the Three Stoogies, except it's the Three Tommies?

More like the Kaga equivalent of Ed, Edd and Eddie. Tomas, Thomas and Tom.

Y7bfab53 o

Letena sure is mobile for someone who's blind. Maybe Arkis actually had a valid reason for missing she was blind.

1n60xrwg o

I can't even tell if he's on fire or being shredded into a fine red mist like he was sucked into a jet engine. Either way, he's ignorant if he thinks being spared half-way through that is in anyway merciful.

Part 49 - Insert obvious Trump joke here.

I'm running out of ideas for these titles:

Spoiler
On 2/5/2019 at 11:49 PM, BrightBow said:

Leteena also somehow managed to cross the sea. All by herself too apparently. I wonder if she told her sister about this. Can't imagine anyone would think that this is a good idea.

Keep in mind that she was trying to cross the desert - while being a fragile, blind girl - and only suffered mild heat stroke. That's Phoenix Wright levels of invincibility right there.

Had we taken a little longer, we might've had to pry her off of Lentzenheimer's grubby mits. Or maybe she would've stolen the kill from us, considering crossing a fucking desert while being a blind fragile girl only gave her a bit of a headache.

On 3/5/2019 at 12:47 AM, Dayni said:

Trust me, it's This > El Dorado/HtTYD > Kung Fu Panda > The good Shrek stuff > Everything else > Shark Tale in terms of what's acceptable.

Okay, I'll trust you.

Going past the good Shrek stuff is a mistake.

Hahahah, c'mon, don't be such a no-fun guy. Nothing like laughing at bad movies!

I am absolutely kicking myself actually, Nomura was one of Square main artists.

The musician was Nobuo Uematsu (I mean, he had a hand all the way to to at least 10. I have no complaints about this. He was fantastic.)

All these Japanese people, their names are all the same! Quite unlike us westerners, who put an effort into making our names varied and unique, such as Thomas, Tomas, Tom...

He might have been beta Lentzenheimer, but he just looks like Ares's brother to me.

Hey, those aren't mutually exclusive statements.

I'm not surprised, Galle isn't mentioned in 5 and he's only in the lore of 4.

I still think the experience of Genealogy is worth trying. It's a different beast, I'd argue more of a black sheep than Gaiden. The story also is probably the one best supported by external materials, to the point that the game itself could be considered a little bare.

I mean, I know the story, the basics of it, anyway, but the gameplay looks even less appealing than Gaiden's. The only thing keeping me from playing Thracia at this point is the translation (and that's going to change soon), but four's a different story. I played a little of it a while back and I really didn't enjoy it.

That's a big reason to remake the Judgral titles imo, the game's one that I'm curious how it's end up.

Honestly, I think it deserves a remake more than 6. Archanea's got the DS games which are awesome, Gaiden has Echoes and, for all of its flaws, 6 stands on its own all right. Same goes for 5, I think, though I haven't played it, of course, so I can't really say. 4's the one that I'd say needs a remake the most out of the old FEs.

It's still a big enough part of the lore versus a one-off boss.

I guess so. In that case, what can you tell me about Maclir? No googling!

I think I'd rather keep that as a jokey little tidbit.

Bah, boo hoo...

Okay, so the song's a cover from the band Alestorm. The animation is from a.... dirty artist which I first learned about from a shitpost. This was just me looking for a version and picking it on the music.

All right, I understand.

It's better balanced in Fates.

Well, who cares? I wanna have fun!

Kaga really made things mostly broken until fucking Berwick. Berwick is the real shame, localisation for that would be cooler than Vestaria imo.

This is like people crying over Mother 3 not getting released. What's the point? Given the quality of the TRS translation, I think we can count on Aethin to make Berwick a great experience.

I mean, I was thinking of Avatar instead (No, not the one with blue people).

The one with blue people was rather stupid.

Besides, Yoda can't use Force Lightning as he is absolutely not a Sith (Don't play in my fucking yard for references)

Hmmm...

I think I'll do it anyway!

Ahem.

O N L Y   A   S I T H   D E A L S   I N   A B S O L U T E S

That's a mafia reference?

Come now, "look how they've massacred my boy" is one of the most famous lines from The Godfather!

Pay to watch? I'd take part with this if he were real because such a cartoonishly horrible person isn't one anyone would be happy with.

Hwahahahahah, oh well.

Shit I don't remember the Alhambra being that close to Granada.

It's... IN Granada, tho?

It has been a long time since I went there though. After a search, turns out it is- how did I forget it's in Granada?

I wish I knew, it's a pretty famous place.

What did Xyon do to have this kind of complaining at him?

One ship has been lost so far, that is not on the level of "YOU ARE THE WORST, DIE ALREADY".

You clearly weren't paying attention. He explicitly stated that Praeva was responsible for massive losses sustained while trying to take back Yr. It has nothing to do with what we did to Bismarck.

These two need a scratching post.

They'd want the other one to be the post though.

Yeah...

Because he can do that after he returns if he manages to succeed anyway?

I mean he either dies or comes back and can be stabbed, all the while pretending "oh no, he was stabbed in revenge by a vengeful lone asshole.".

Eh, fair plan, I suppose. Except for the part where he fails to protect the Gulf of Granada and Holmes makes it to Xyon's doorstep with the rest of the team.

One lone blind girl moving faster than an armed force?

Man being alone makes you so much faster!

Givin' me flashbacks to Fae outrunning Roy's army back in 6... and then randomly heading to some random fort, and Roy somehow knowing that she was there!

The quest to get laid is truly insane apparently.

You've no idea.

Will you get Letenna killed by Mark?

Ahahah... I wish I could, but, no. You'll see.

It's sad I get this.

I blame Markyjoe.

As do I, but to be frank, her theme's pretty good.

Wait, didn't he know Margaret is dead?

He left before the route split. He doesn't know that Margaret is supposed to be dead, just like she has no idea that Sid's gone and that he's not actually with the others anymore.

Of course he gets a knife to the back.

Why he ran off is indeed a good question.

Because I wrote myself him to be an idiot.

That's not a nuke.

That is a lot of fire though.

He's dead though, fucking finally.

Rejoice, all!

...It's ironic how Hawkwing disappeared just in time to miss this. Hope he's fine... guess college's being a bitch again.

I can't stop giggling at her just shouting KNIFE as she stabs the grunt.

KNIFE TO MEET YOU!

WAS KNIFE KNOWING YOU!

Hahahah, glad to know you liked it.

Oh look, Ruben is trying to be a hero.

What's the bet that someone will come for him?

Ah, well, who knows...

On 3/5/2019 at 2:30 AM, Pengaius said:

Maaaaybee just a teensy bit

If your definition of "teensy bit" is "yes", then teensy bit.

Sheeesh fiiiine

Make up your mind, I'm the only one allowed to be a tsundere in this thread

You barely even are tsundere most of the time. In just your last reply you praised my skills as a writer! All I did was grab a character that was already awful and up the awfulness a notch or two! You're no Arlen, if anything, you're more of a foulmouthed Merric! I'm the Arlen here, with all my passive-aggressiveness against you and Arkis.

This gave Pengaius further shock! Thank you kind sir I won't forget this. 

Yeah, I was toying the idea for a second, then I decided "hey, might as well let Arkis have weapons".

Oh tank goodness!

Gwaa...! Good one.

Why not both, no really just kill everything on the map, designate entangled as the other seize bot and you'd have an unique and interestingly designed map. 

Ooooooor you'd just have that one chapter from FE7 where you have to capture multiple castles. Unlike that one, this one isn't just "split up to deal with the exact same thing in three different places of the map". Take a look at the map, and then judge.

Obvious joke time

I have no fondness for the solid substance known as "sand". According to my understanding, it is quite unpleasant to the touch, such touch resulting in my skin's color turning into an ugly shade of red and stinging slightly. Not to mention that this substance finds ways to reach any and all places within this realm and others.

Hey rube, can you spare me a few uses of the plot! darkruon and some very pointy weapons when you're done with 'em. I feel this guy needs... further shock

Ahah... I just wish I got this meme.

Spectacular, you quote--unquote amaze me, Ruben. 

Come now...

Obvious joke again

...okay, I'd not seen that one before. thank you for showing it to me, man.

Seriously, something about the mom's overly dramatic "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!" as the kid randomly runs out of nowhere, gleefully showing off his KNAIFF, is absurdly hysterical to me.

Unrelated thought

Who needs a hero, tho? Ruben, as in, me but from the plot? Who at this point barely is me at all... Margaret? I'm already-- I mean, plot!Ruben's already there to be the hero in this case. The slaver? Why would anyone want to be a hero to that guy?

This is getting a little confusing, but not as much as the Reeve situation.

On 3/5/2019 at 3:33 AM, eclipse said:

We all know that the Tomas in Archanea would be so amazing that he'd solve all of Runan and Holmes' problems by himself!  That's why the only relation he has to this game is his name. :P:

Tomas is awesome, he'd be the best unit in the game if he was playable. Case in point, Tomas from my current FE12 Maniac run:

4ayc5vjf o

On 3/5/2019 at 2:41 PM, Mad-manakete said:

Speaking of Maerchen, my explanation as to why I'd think he'd be competent at steering a ship goes along the lines:
1. He was clearly in command of the ship
2. To be in command of a ship of murderous pirates you need something to keep them turning against you
3. Maerchen's stats show that it sure as hell wasn't his abilities in combat that did the job.
4. Maerchen's heavy losses to Holmes would have been grounds for them to do away with him if it were his planning that they had him for
5. By process of elimination,  that leaves either the notion Maerchen is secretly a rich eccentric and was paying mercenaries so he could play pirate (in which case they'd need him as a source of guaranteed money), or he was the only one who could steer a ship of the lot (meaning mutiny would be suicide). One scenario is a little more likely, as even mercenaries only have so much tolerance for bad leadership.
There's also the possibility that Maerchen had them convinced he was competent, but that'd take so much dumb luck we can pretty much discard it.

Dude, you put waaaay too much thought into this. How am I supposed to fight these arguments?

...AHA! Maerchen forgot how to ship due to the shock from his bollocks being removed by Kreiss! What do you have to say now!?

Really, the fact it could be either makes the character work for more people. To me there's an appeal in the notion that Barlowe was once dedicated to a noble goal, but gazed into the abyss too long and was corrupted by it. I can't help but enjoy the notion of a villain who originally started with the best intentions but ended up everything their younger self would have despised. Sure, it's been done, but there's power to the theme.

He's just a solid villain, we can agree on that much. I honestly don't know why I like him so much, he's not groundbreaking or anything, but I just love him. Probably has to do with his amazing boss fight.

And then he became an Esper in Final Fantasy VI for some reason. https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Bismarck_(Final_Fantasy_VI)

...the heck?

Good to hear. It would have been devastating to lose the all-terrain tank.

Never woulda done it if it meant losing Tank.

Eugen will remember that...

That gives me an idea...

F0z2dcdd o

Hg33acbu o

T2jyj5sn o

Hxpg67od o

Cmuqv5sx o

F77sadge o

Fsrneczj o

Afoilksj o

Disney's Hercules? What are you doing here? Is this about the HercuLees pun earlier?

His name's Philip. Draw your own conclusions.

More like the Kaga equivalent of Ed, Edd and Eddie. Tomas, Thomas and Tom.

Of course! That's perfect! How didn't I think of th-- oh right never watched that show.

Letena sure is mobile for someone who's blind. Maybe Arkis actually had a valid reason for missing she was blind.

Mayhaps he does deserve forgiveness, after all.

...nah, it was probably just a lucky accident on his part.

I can't even tell if he's on fire or being shredded into a fine red mist like he was sucked into a jet engine. Either way, he's ignorant if he thinks being spared half-way through that is in anyway merciful.

Fire. He's being burnt alive. Remember that time you joked about how he was going to "burn in the fires of hell" (among other things) and I played along and pretended that was exactly it? Well... you weren't so far off the mark, actually.

Maybe I should go back to just "replies" and "update":

Spoiler
Tjvj1wc5 o

Raphael isn't coming along today, so he hands over his brave sword to Kreiss. I'll be profoundly grateful I did this, later on.

9ydubdws o

Today's map. I could do the obvious callback to last LP and present a map of FE6 Sacae!20x for shits and giggles, but I couldn't find any maps that had the enemies and didn't have all sorts of other stuff. So instead, I'm going to describe the joke I wanted to do but couldn't. I'm a great comedian!

Anyhow, I like this map, but I've got to admit, it can be annoying. To the south, we've got a big, barren desert. Don't think that requires much of an explanation, all there is to it is Narcus, a few houses, and the Condor Squad. I'll talk more about them later.

To the north, a bunch of walls that would make it extremely easy for me to make a joke regarding the current president of the United States of America. To get through the walls, you need to break down the gates (not all of them, though, some of them are already open, which is nice), and then dismount all your riders, because those stair tiles cannot be traversed on horseback. All that, while dodging arrows and ballista bolts. Fun.

7winketo oLnolnlvm oLeyonxir o

Remember the tower tiles? Here, we get to see them used to the fullest extent of their power. In simple words, I get fucked from far away. And that Bowman has just a normal bow, the guys with arbalests (yes, there are guys with arbalests) can shoot at me from two walls away. Joy.

Hbxsj2cx oTd8wzacs o

First wall falls easily enough.

Tsht47rs o31ld5nsv oQ41znvmr o

Rishel takes care of the closest Archer.

Bnhc9kis oB3wapdzf o

Here's the deal: Runan will be taking a team east through Zepp's walls. Meanwhile, Norton is the assigned leader of the squad charged with exploring the desert. He has business to take care of down there.

Aqstayzs oXef7o0x8 oH5jbwqw7 o

Take a look at Julia and Mintz's positions on the map. See the closest Archers? Yeah.

Ue7vxg21 o

Like I said, two walls away. Oh, well. At least they aren't too powerful.

Iosrlizn oClhnjsjd o

Narcus stops the game to say this. Shut up, Narcus, I'll send Eugen to help you later. I'm sure you can put off dehydrating to death for a handful of turns.

Q4x0zf9b oZyzicvbu o

Mintz flurries the southernmost Archer to death. Turns out he only needed one shot.

Gdpgtgk9 o

Julia sneaks past the Archer and hits him from the back.

Uus6ustb oAvcxc9ff oLubmf66f o

I didn't know that backstabs dealt additional damage in this game!

Wq1oua5t o

Here's a reward for your efforts, Julia.

Xwiwzvnt oVtvbwtd6 o

Jesus what's with these frames? I managed to catch the one frame where Sunflame doesn't look completely stupid. Instead, it looks... no, it doesn't "look", it's literally a mushroom cloud! The conclusion I draw from this is, Rishel did Pearl Harbor.

Bzymvqbe oLkyzli4g o

Well, Mintz is going to fall behind. Annoying stair tiles...

Z7zqfekw o

GUH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Yrmfsf9d o

...why did I even... oh, me... why can't I...?

I've been playing FE for years, and I still do this sort of thing. Why can't I improve? What is wrong with my brains? I'm two chapters away from beating FE12 Maniac, at this point I should be past the point of doing this crap, at least. I wanna call myself an above average FE player, damnit, but how can I do that when there's substantial proof of the opposite in this very forum? Three threads worth of evidence, in fact! Why do I do this to myself...

Mgh7qvr8 o

O-Oh, well, let's never mention that again. Look, a distraction! Rishel volcanoes a guy!

Sq2cpa8w oH2hqkv1w oIsh0yobe o

Runan and Esther destroy the gate.

Hkqqmhhx oLtnbbkpd o

Okay, cool. A lot of people are probably facepalming at the fact that I'm having Norton move south one tile at a time instead of making him move east three tiles at a time. To be honest, I'd also rather send him through the walls, but it is imperative that he goes south.

Ojr1zi1w oMt03opde oJ08n05mg o

Since we opened the way, this asshat rushes Esther.

Nnju3nr1 oOblzhqbp o

Also, Julia can't dodge anything.

C50txaxp oWlsowqrl o

This is suspicious. I'll spoil it right now: it's a secret shop. I'll check it out later. Right now, we've other matters to attend to.

Teqrqg5z o

All righto. Makin' some progress, slowly but surely.

Rijr0iu0 oCpeknpze oCt0fpugp o

Up north, Kate terras down the man who attacked Esther.

Rdqkwy23 o

That's quite the damage - and his shield is gone, too. He will fall in no time.

Ogeonf2z o

You're up, Esther. Look at that beautiful crit. Wrath is such a fun skill.

Psoqwtdr oB5rdplku o

Oh! It happened! Coinflip came up aces! Not that I desperately needed it too, but critical hits are always nice when they work in my favor.

Ljmrjywq o

Thanks to Paragon, she levelled up inmediately. She got... she got crap, all right.

8ze6tqbs oRnmb3ysm o

Friendly reminder that the silly sunbeams have longbow range. As if they weren't ridiculous enough to begin with.

Iiloqoz4 oEclg4wnk oBfo3iiwy o

Okily dokily. Norton continues his arduous trek through the sand. He doesn't like sand. You know the rest.

Fukiowng oHthsazbq oA9maxl4q o

Rishel is under attack, but it's hopeless. His prf is too strong.

Czuvcxsb o

Magic and speed... in the same level?! How can this be? This is the stuff of legend... take notes, other mages from TRS. This is what it's all about!

C7owuzlg o

...this, uh, this isn't.

Ur0y86bd o

Time for revenge, you asshole! Ah-ha!

Sixw4nem oOyyrbaxy o

...son of a... oh, he's so going down.

27dqqilo oZf16ntiw o

There. Didn't want to abuse Rishel too much, but I'm not letting that guy live a second longer.

Wgyhotge oAwwvjjsu o4vnulitt o

Enteh's Paces a-Hundred Yet Still I Cure broke a while back, so she retrieves a new(ish) one from Runan and proceeds to level up. Defense? What are the odds?

Hvycczaz o

Made it to the next house. Let's skip the academy, that's Norton's destination. Now, what will we get out of this one, I wonder?

Pdhefevx o

Actually, it was a Bishop... ah, it doesn't matter. I suppose Kreiss will have to be the one.

D9bemicb oFbbvk6ms o

Mintz will be joining the southern team, since there's no chance he'll catch up to the other guys. Leonie might need his help in the battle to come.

Why yes, I did just say that Leonie, of all people, might need help. You'll see in due time.

Lt4yuv5c oZt0q6cox o

No-- Julia, for the love of God, is there anything you can dodge? Anything at all!? Fuck me, your brother was hard to kill even when I wanted him to be killed!

Ai8fvrss o

I can't wait for Krishna to be back.

Jbgyzjva oCfsrax3h oVceekjr4 o

You, die!

P4oohvgq oDoq0laap o

You as well! All shall perish before our might!

Z84dq44l o

You, uh... try not to die before we get to Lentzenheimer, will you?

Lxolc79j oKqindkyz oZ0afde1k o

I had Kreiss mount because it seemed like Mintz wasn't affected by the sand, as he moved just as fast on horseback as on foot. This is because he has 8 move. Of course, Kreiss only has 7, so it's best to keep him dismounted as long as he's in the desert. It doesn't matter, he doesn't lose anything. In fact, I like his dismounted animations better, so there's that.

C6u0mxqk o

No enemy phase, since this gate is still closed and prevents the enemy from reaching us. Kate deals with that problem.

Xp7hvsqu oKzoztgrd oUzd8zagg o

And thus, we charge forward!

7iptejm1 o

Yes, that's another level. Thanks, Paragon! She managed to get every single stat but the important ones. Oh, well. If she keeps getting magic, she might become the levin swordmaster to rival Sasha.

Ot6vgziu oIsjax7lg o

Speaking of, her nearly deadly encounter with the ballista has left her with a deep hunger for blood. Here you go, girl. Feast upon this helpless prey!

Bduhxhvf o

Last wall, and it's on to Zepp. Rishel wears it down with a well-placed fireball.

Kaj1wtla o

Let's stop here for a minute. Lee and his companions will wait there for the three slowpokes lagging behind.

Guyftzst o

While they do that, let's take a look at the first boss we'll be facing today.

Ow0qe3wv o9ixtnrh4 o

Zepp is your generic General boss. Lots of defense and HP, good strength, a cool weapon, and not much else. He should be easy.

There is a really nasty surprise that can really screw you over if you aren't expecting it, however. I won't say it's bullshit, because the game hints at it, but let's see how many of you can figure it out before it happens.

Sufgmnbp o

This guy knows what's coming to him. He's trying to flee! Run, little man, run. I was going to save you for last, anyway.

6tpeahtx o

Let's recruit Letena before doing anything else. Time to reap what you've sown in the course of these months, Kreiss!

D2cvwurv o

...what?

Aefx6qfq o

Excuse me...? Isn't this the one?

Yes, this is the one. No, I didn't fuck up any steps. Here's what's happening: we aren't done with the requirements yet. After aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall that we've been doing all game, Kreiss can't just waltz into that house and get his girl. Nope, that's not enough for ol' Shouzou. Before that, we need to...

Tfqg3off o

...face and defeat the Condor Squad. And not just face and defeat the Condor Squad, either: as if that wasn't enough of a challenge already, we need to kill Mark - Mark in particular - with Kreiss. Yep. No other way to do it.

For Kreiss and Letena to reunite, we must have Kreiss murder the man who saved Letena. Thank you, Kaga. I love you too.

Ah, but I'm sure it won't be that hard. Let's see their stats.

Pdepmqw2 oA0c6efrs oIi8imnc0 oLxlap5qj oI0r3dhfn o

Well, they're strong, but it seems to me like some magic will do the trick, and Norton should be able to easily lure them closer. I am sure there will be no ugly mechanics involved that I've no way of knowing unless I look them up on the internet. Not a chance. At all.

On a related note, I like how Mark is the weakest of the Condor Squad. Not by a huge margin, to be sure, but it's nice to see that Kaga had at least a semblance of mercy.

Imogj097 o

Well, not much to do other than to wait for Norton.

Hxpzhnsc o

Let's deal with Zepp while he catches up to his squad.

Tadzefgv o

Here's the plottwist I was talking about earlier: Zepp moves. Bet you didn't expect that from a generic General boss. I hope you didn't have your squishy Mages start wearing him down from a distance!

I don't think that this is a cheap move, however, because the game actually hints at this. You know how they spent all that time depicting him as a man who's absolutely desperate for a fight? Of course he'd leave his fort unprotected just so he can get to swing his blade, that's what his character's all about! This is the sort of thing that tends to fly right over my head, but that I come to understand and respect in retrospect.

Unlike the other nasty surprise regarding bosses from this chapter that we'll get to enjoy later on.

Jg6fiepx oRg6n0mzq o

Oh, don't worry, she'll give you her best shot all right.

Fsevezqq oApwuoc67 o

Aha... I'm sure Zepp's thinking, "is this the best you've got!?". Well... no.

Jbl7oq4e o

THIS is the best we've got!

S8vf5fd4 o1f0b6eq8 o

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH! EEEEHEHEHEHEH, YEAH! LOVELY! Lovely.

Raujw570 oTendupvo o

I'd like to give this kill to Runan, since he hasn't seen much action today, and his promotion is right around the corner. Kate, distract the man.

Shoyqja9 o

While that battle unfolds, something equally satisfying is happening down in the desert.

Lz3awz61 oT921abya o

I think I've already said this in the past, but there are only two kinds of indoor maps in this game: castle maps, and frontier maps. Norton already has castle maps covered, since he starts with Urbanite. This ensures he doesn't get reduced to a pitiful 3 move, and instead can keep a workable 4 move when indoors. However, frontier maps are another story.

Ungjgmlq o

Until now.

Wudrzqln o

I mean, Norton walks around with an aircraft carrier on his shoulders. He probably already has that much mastered.

Prowip6y oWlrhhwir oGdbadbxj o

I don't know what desert bandits he's talking about, since the Condor Squad are quite the opposite of numbskulls, but who cares! Norton now has General move when indoors. Rejoice!

Dnncfrev oDzqzvhsr o

Ahh, we're already getting to see the skill at work. Instead of that terrible one tile movement, he can now traverse two desert tiles every turn. Awesome! That's convenient.

8q8nwiuw o

All right, time to end the turn and-- wait, where's he going? Is he really going after Sasha?

Zu16zqpv o

No... what in the world is this?

Wait-- no!

Jyq6dsbt o

Oohhhh, you crafty son of a gun! Well played.

A9w8epna o

However, I am afraid you have only extended your agony!

P0udtqoe o8zcioelj o

Not for too long, though. It only takes a single javelin from Esther to bring him down back to where he was before.

Qalu5oig oHcjv4lvo o

Here, allow me to add a notch of my own - not on your blade, but on you!

Ep8e26bb o

And so, he spits out the first line featured in "throwaway death quotes 101", and dies.

A6yv8v41 o

Is this the good, or the bad level? Oh, well. He's massively defense screwed, having gained a whopping 1 point of defense over the course of 18 levels, with a 25% growth. Thankfully, we will soon obtain the means to fix this issue.

66yzssu6 o

I could seize right now, but then we'd miss out on Letena, Narcus, and the desert treasure. Far too much booty to give up so easily.

4vloptl0 oKu0wxz1m o

A few turns of preparation, and both teams are in position.

9fm9kofg o

...er, just for the sake of it, let's put a map save right here. Just in case, y'know? In case of... I don't know, something. It just made me feel more comfortable, all right?

Sthqmvjm o

...hmph. All right. Bring it on, Buzzard Squad!

5hq7lwi3 o

...oh, please. You can't even pick them out one by one.

Mlvpyvci o

I'm pretty sure that Simon's range is the one that aggroes the entire squad. Simon is in the middle, so inevitably, you're going to take at the very least two spears to the face. I want Mark to go west to Kreiss, but if I could make just one of them go north, it'd be sweet. With this goal in mind, Sasha puts herself within Thomas's range.

0pvlxohf o

Pp0l2bvn oDo not break formation! Our strength is greatest when we fight as one! Now, we fly! Show the enemy that the day they chose to face the Condor Squad will be their last!

P1zzgcas o Bah, I'm sure the AI will betray your wishes and force Thomas to separate from the rest of the group. Right? Right...? Is it too much to ask?

Lc62h1hg o

Well, at any rate, here comes Simon.

Jigw6gfp oS5giqvzb o

Actually, it's not looming overhead, its head is lower than Norton's. Also, it's not a condor, it's a wyvern. Sorry to ruin your dramatic moment, Simon.

V78voqtg o

Very well, Norton could take a crit, but it'd be far more convenient if he just took a normal hit.

Smzorsax o

...or that! That's also fantastic. I knew I could count on you, Norton.

Ahswtwng o

Realizing that Norton is far too sturdy an opponent, Andrew decides to go after Kreiss instead.

Why is his critrate so much higher than Simon's? He has the same weapon, and his skill is lower! What's that all about? I mean, Kreiss'd be able to just barely take a critical hit to the face, but it wouldn't be good, I'm going to need everyone in peak fighting condition.

Namrc3fa o

Oh, yeah?

Su8vvd46 o7lolztko oL0nyo1bk o

Well, you are just a stepping stone on Kreiss's path to some blind pussy!

Yyhx5hgj oT5ogk0u6 oLoylrk9c o

They trade throwing spears. Fortunately, Andrew does not hit Kreiss critically. Unfortunately, neither does Kreiss. Not that he could, but still.

Fwsheyan o

...ah, yeah. These guys are actually - gasp! - well programmed! Andrew, Philip, Thomas and Mark will invariably follow Simon wherever he goes. There is no swaying them. Perhaps if they had a guaranteed kill, but I don't think even then they'd move.

Kueun6vs o

What this amounts to is that now, we face five really strong Wyvern Knights. Let's begin working on-- wait... hold the phone!

What the hell is this!? Why is his crit so high all of sudden!

Well... here's the deal: the Condor Squad have a five-way support. There is no way of seeing this coming. I suppose you could notice that their critrate is ridiculously high when checking their stats, but who scrutinizes statscreens that throughoutly?

G3mkeezl o

We must kill these people in one-shot. Sylphid should take care of at least one of these guys easily, but that's still too much crit... and these guys are too strong to kill in one blow without the Sylphid.

I suppose there is no other way. Leonie's got a miracle charm, so she'll be the first to risk taking a critical hit to the face.

Lrwggylz o

C'mon, don't fail me now, Leonie!

M6qh5vck o

Ah, for once, it'd have been awesome if you procced Luna... oh, well. Please don't crit, Thomas...

Olzxl5st o

...what!? DAMN!

This was my actual reaction. Well, actually it was an impressed gasp and a genuine belly laugh, but eh, details. I botched up the math and didn't realize that she did, indeed, destroy Thomas with a single arrow. In fact, looking back now, she had a few points of damage to spare!

Leonie, man. Just... words cannot express how brutally great she is. Mintz, I'm glad you saved her from Pavlov. 'Twould have been such a shame, to see all that potential go to waste...

Wky8qg88 o

Ahahahahahah! And she just keeps going! Ahahah! AHAH! HAHAHAHAH! HAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAHAAH! MORE! MORE POWER! GIVE ME ALL THE POWER! WAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHCOUGHCOUGH COUGH COUGH... cough cough... haaack... gwaaaa... my... throat!

3b3wd4r2 o

Kill the leader next, that will destabilize the whole squad! Do not disappoint me, Meriel! Show me that all those days of putting up with terrible levels weren't for naught!

Nbvy9ir7 oKzhefgbu o

Look, Simon! Can you see the white goddess?

Nzjawwqm oDhdcxpv4 o

Sylph looms overhead because she knows your end is nigh! Hwehehehehehehahahahahah!

G9j0zcle o

Count on it.

Bshz338b oPz9fhdvy o

Don't let up, now! Philip's next! Prove that you've yet to fall behind the youngsters, Lee!

Sqbz9xp2 o

Oh, you'll get some action, all right.

Ooxvlkuj o

ULTIMATE

Uxhg4k9y o

HADOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!

T4fy6gsz o

KABOOOOOOOOOOOM! That's one more down!

462nlk0i o

We had overpowered weapons and Leonie. Sorry, Phil. You guys never had a chance.

Kjpvswoq o

Nobody can reach Mark, but Andrew's another story. 17 crit is still too much crit for my liking. I'd rather it was 0, or, if that is unachievable, at least let it be a single digit, like Simon's first attack.

Ogayzil5 o

To that end, Norton attacks Andrew. He can take a crit, no problem.

1gyzioh5 oEq7oqex8 o

Ohohohohohohohohohohohohohoh, man! Norton, you're doing an absolutely amazing job today! Really proving your mettle here. Suck on that, Billford fanboys!

Dc2itixy o

Well, that's the end of Andrew.

Zef1gwkr o

But first, let's have Lee equip his Paces a-Hundred Yet Still I Cure. Since he's the squishiest member of our team, I'm pretty sure Mark will go after him. Wouldn't want the guy to get a face full of Sylph. Kreiss needs to be the one to do it.

Tldwvifs o

There you go, Kreiss. Some warm-up for the battle to come!

Nifkqqhz oJ8wyarst oQ7uwiear o

Double slash! Down you go!

Ec7nfzl4 o

This guy's the blandest of the Condor Squad. As such, he gets the blandest death quote.

Tmzxb2pq o

Only Mark is left. I'm actually a bit afraid that he'll go after Narcus, though... I'm pretty sure he shouldn't, but...

O754lhbz o

Well, in any case, let's heal Kreiss up, just to prevent any ugly accidents that might happen.

2vmjd3pb o

Perfect! He did exactly what I wanted him to do! I just need a bit of luck now... c'mon! It's the home stretch, you can't fail me now, RNGoddess! Let the hand of the Goddess protec! LET HER PROTEC US ALL!

Dktqzawr o

Yes! YES!! IT'S GOOD! IT'S GONE WELL! EVERYTHING WORKED MY WAY! IT'S...

It's exactly like Chapter Douglas from last LP, come to think about it. Both were big chapters with multiple objectives, a hateable blond and a secret shop, that required the team to split up. They both featured a horribly close call involving a long ranged attack, but other than that, everything went smoothly, against all odds.

In all seriousness, I was NOT expecting this to go so well. I was fully steeling myself to suffer a casualty or two here. My heart was seriously racing as I prepared to fight Simon and his goons! But not only did nobody die, it also went way, waaaay better than I thought it would. Like, even beyond the guaranteed kills that were Leonie and Sylphid, had Norton not pulled off those unbelievable dodges, he would've been within crit death range when wearing Andrew down. That would've been unpleasant, but he defied the RNGoddess herself, and avoided all damage.

Norton just finds new ways to impress me every day. And I, for one, am perfectly fine with that. Keep it up, you magnificent bastard! Hahahahah!

D53thrwh o

It's not over yet, however. We're so close to the end - very little can cause us to lose now. Still, don't let your guard down, Norton!

6wntidta o

Figures that he'd get hit by the guy with the lowest chance of doing it. But it's fine. Could've taken a crit, and it would've still been fine. It doesn't matter any more. All that matters is that he hit him.

Fkdvpynk oTycm3hst o

Lionel's one contribution today is this. Oh, well, it's fine. He'll get to do more in the next couple of chapters.

Qexbysox o

The time has come. Kreiss, you've come a long way since the days when nobody had any faith in you, and the thread was calling for your benching. And it's all led up to this.

Rsx9uepk o

Ko0gqoau oYou seem like a worthy opponent. I am Mark. And you are, sir?

Sjl5htjr oKreiss, a knight of Razelia. En garde, Sir Mark!

Fzolszt7 o

Yup, that's him. Ring any bells?

Kf0ffcfj oQ13nvqze o

Kreiss murders his love's savior.

Drvgdisf oHf9t7eqf o

And it's words time again.

Svdtxibg o

Iquk0jrw o

7nx2ndai o

Pgxaq34m o

Lbnuvbq0 o

Foloiqnq o

That... would've been so easy to avoid... Mark, all you had to do was drop your weapon and say "wait, Sir Kreiss! You know a girl named Letena, right!?"! Oh, well. I suppose the poor man was just too loyal to Simon and his peers... all of whom are dead by now...

...fuck me, we're the villains here, aren't we.

3nutfamc o

C'mon, he kills two of the mighty Condor Squad and he doesn't get a level? Boo.

K3odzuih o

Well, at any rate, the map's over. Nothing much left to do but the side objectives.

Dia3wfqh o

First, let's nab Letena.

Ibgjolg5 o

Sjl5htjr oLetena!

4ze9boel oSir Kreiss! I thought I'd never find you!

Sjl5htjr oI've been looking for you, too. We're finally back together...

4ze9boel oHow did you find me? How did you know to come to this house?

Sjl5htjr oA Wyvern Knight called Mark told me you were here...

4ze9boel oAh, Sir Mark! How is he doing?

0zfd96rn o ...shit.

Odivzipd o

4lt3brpp o Dude don't just say it like that! It always pisses me off when this sort of thing happens in fiction. Somebody will be forced against their will to kill someone, or do something else that will hurt a person, and when they're confronted by that person, instead of taking their time to explain the whole situation in detail, they'll just go "yeah it was me I killed x / did y thing". C'mon! Kreiss, are you braindead? Tell her Mark wouldn't stand down, damnit! Tell her he could've easily stopped the fight by mentioning her name, but that he didn't because he wanted to die just like his comrades! Don't leave it at that, she'll be mad at you!

4ze9boel oNo...

Sjl5htjr oPlease, Letena, let us return to Verje. Lady Ellet is worried sick abuot you...

4lt3brpp o Don't you dare! You're one of my favourites!

4ze9boel oDon't touch me!

R1xirnhw o

T6d9fdlt o

Oh, yeah. She joins after that. Possibly the most awkward recruitment conversation in the history of FE and FE-likes. Unless you count GhebFE, but it'd be a mistake to count GhebFE for anything.

Well, anyway. At long last! We got ourselves Letena. Was she worth the effort? Well, let's find out. Unit review time!

Hwfzjyzu o

HP 35% - Magic 45% - Skill 15% - Speed 40% - Defense 5% - Strength 0% - Luck 40% - Mastery 40%

Letena is a Cleric. She has the same base magic than Lee, which is nice. She has the same defensive stats as Plum, which is not nice. She starts with Paragon, which helps her get to the level where she learns Summon. She also has a hidden ability, which grants 10% avoid to every friendly unit on the board. For no reason.

...oh, she's got a personal staff too.

6jtrxnvj o

It cancels out enemy magic for a turn, but what the game doesn't tell you is that it operates on Thracia rules. A.K.A. it can miss. Not very useful, frankly.

Why yes, she is a complete waste of time. She's basically a better version of Enteh / Plum / Lyria. She's outclassed by Lee, Renee, and her replacement if you don't do the Letena event. That one has lower stats, growths, and no personal staff or the hidden skill, but guess what: she has Summon at base and comes with a Golem staff. This makes her a lot more useful than Letena, going into the next few chapters. Also, she's easier to get, but that goes without saying.

Oh, and just in case you forgot, Letena will have exactly one chapter of availability, because the event where she leaves takes place in the route split, and the Tower of Morse is only accessible before the route split. I've heard it is possible to revive units for the ending, but I have no idea how it works (for all I know it might just revive a random unit and be done with it), and it might break the ending. And even in her one chapter of existance, the only thing she'll do is give my units more avoid (which, admittedly, is going to be extremely good - you'll see why in due time) and be a worse Lee.

I've already locked myself out of half the healers of the game, but of course, I had to go and decide that the best course of action is to just say "fuck it, I want one less healer!". If Lee and Mel die, I'll be completely screwed, and it'll be my fault. Expect dishonorable resets if it ever comes to that, because, hey, I'd like to beat the game, thank you very much.

Ge0djq4z o

Sigh... let's relax, and enjoy a nice cup of Eugen Being Badass.

Okklil6t o

Swox3h53 o Oh, thank you, dear Yutona... Lord Runan! I need water! Please...

P1zzgcas o Tsk tsk tsk... no such luck, Narcus. I suppose you couldn't have known, but wherever Lord Runan goes...

1aifdmtm o

F4aswdy8 o ...General Eugen follows suit! Hahahahah...!

Kcnfhock o

F4aswdy8 o Poor guy. He knows he's fucked.

Ih49ob2i oIsn't life funny, Narcus? This is the second time we've found you scrounging aroudn in the desert!

Ih49ob2i oWell, as you were. Let's be on our way, Lord Runan. We've no business with this man.

F4aswdy8 o Holy shit, is he just going to leave him out in the desert to die of thirst? Cold as ice, man!

Swox3h53 o No... No, no, no! Good Sir Eugen... I beg of you...! I'll die out here if you don't help me...

Ih49ob2i oIf you want a single drop of water, you'll give back what you stole from our coffers back in Senay!

P1zzgcas o I'd remind him that it was barely 30 gold, but to be fair, he probably cares more about the theft itself than the actual gold, so I'll let him grind salt into the wound as much as he wants.

Swox3h53 o O-Of course, every last coin! I'll get all back for you...

Zcoejxmv o

Swox3h53 o Y-Yes, sir... I won't do it ever again, Sir Eugen!

Ih49ob2i oHmph... if you say so. Here, take it. It's water.

F4aswdy8 o Imagine if he served him chilly sauce now. Just to be a dick. It'd be so awesome!

Swox3h53 o ... ... ...

4refcqlf o

Ih49ob2i oYou'd better, Narcus! Now go make yourself useful and look for treasure in the sands around here. Lots of merchant caravans pass through this part of the desert, so there's bound to be a good deal of merchandise scattered about by the sandstorms.

Kvadxg7z o

0zfd96rn o Really, Narcus? Do you really think it's a good idea to say that in front of him? What, do you want him to grind your head into the sand?

Iza7vuww o

Our money. Woo.

V2eomsep o

Here's Narcus. No more surprises. This time around, he's truly joined us, for good and for ever.

HP 50% - Strength 20% - Skill 15% - Speed 25% - Defense 15% - Magic 5% - Luck 25% - Mastery 25%

Narcus is Xane, except worse. You could have him copy Sierra or something silly like that, that's fun. Aside from that, he grabs treasure in this chapter, and helps with more treasure in the next (well, one of the next. More on that later). Really, Thief/10. There's nothing much else to him.

By the way... did I say "treasure"?

0a3jyetg oOsca4mlj oUmenjrdz oVapii5kd oTvevbgpp oNudkh4fa oNudkh4fa oKwy4ckkx oDt2yznot oGgbvhzjl o

Every statbooster, an occult book, and a Canto scroll! Absolutely amazing! Hmm... this does remind me, however. We haven't yet given Kreiss his own scroll! Let's correct that, shall we?

96556uzv oXfcv1tyr oBb3kyjfq o

Kate and Kreiss now have Canto. Kate does learn it in a few levels, but I don't think it's worth waiting on it. Who else could get it, Norton? Norton doesn't really need it. He's not there to move, he's there to tank. And be hilarious.

But wait! That isn't all the treasure. There is one more piece of loot that can be found here... I've been saving it for last for a reason.

Aqcvioli o

Mug scroll. It does exactly what you think it does.

C5rilvc7 o

Yep. Y'know how this skill is godly, but you can barely use it because it's locked to Maerchen? Well... with this, it's not locked to that shitstain any longer. There's only one copy of this scroll, and it's the one we're currently holding in our hands. I have to say, I prefered the old translation's name for this, "guilty heart". That's exactly what it gives you, a guilty heart.

And whose heart is guiltier than...

Vyryrsrb oQjivwaov o

...our dear Murderprincess's?

Mj0fh1yi o

Ahahahah... on top of massacring people and revelling in their suffering, Sasha is now going to take all of her victims' belongings for herself after the deed is done.

This is it, people. I have officially turned Sasha into an awful, irredeemable monster of a girl. And I LOVE it! Hwahahahahahahah!

Vhgvuaza o

Let's have some fun!

7nlcjdie o

Oh, how cute, thinking you can escape!

Xfbvd7ih oLzweve1s o

Hey, my Paces a-Hundred Yet Still I Cure uses! Stop wasting them!

Vo7ali1a o

Rishel, help her! We must have those staves!

Wav28eoq o

There! Give the staff up now!

Qcgjgvmw o

Could be worse, could be skill.

4mbzkiwk o

Good, and now the other one is helpless!

Tvjrrfmq oRl3aegzs o

Bwahahahahahahahahahahah! This is too much fun! A shame she won't be able to support Kate anymore, since from here on out, everybody will be so scared of her, their arms will tremble too much and they won't be able to aim, but oh well, affordable losses. It's usually best to give this skill to a flier, so the mugger can just fly away from the main army and avoid inconveniencing them. Which is exactly what Sasha will be doing the rest of the game.

Wsogznhx o

Heck yeah, turn 54. Am I good or what?

Fkyv0ier oIzucf6df o

Let's pop another map save. This is important.

V1zfzu4j oTma9flcd o

I've got two forts to seize. Each fort will take me to a different chapter. So how will I manage this?

Here's my idea: I'm going to be playing through both of them. They'll both be LP canon, but I will continue with the chapter 26B file (that is the indoor version), unless it goes so awfully that I just cannot do it. See, the loot you can get in chapter 26B is so absurdly good, compared to what you get out of 26A, that if everything goes well, there'll be no reason for me to go back to the other file. So let's pray the plan I've already got in mind works.

The problem here is Holmes. I know, as usual. I can't go play Holmes's chapter until I beat both of these chapters. I still don't know exactly how I'll handle it. I've got a few ideas, though. Let's hope I don't make a mess of the saves and end up overwriting stuff.

And with that, I am done for today. Next time, we go beat up Praeva. Tune in next time for TRS Boat Chapter #4! Goodbye, and farewell, all!

5kz8gkmq o

D5ltg198 o

Odrafnuw o

Jxtf7cj6 o

87yb2gr2 o

866wvyja o

Jwtwobhy o

Inkhxsxn o

B5b7hzto o

Sffubooo o

Kjzddxgk o

05anqltm o

0zccrxn4 o

Ltkiurvv o

Irb2r0h9 o

Jnolig3v o

Sxkgxjaj o

Liwnn7y5 o

Gecf4oc5 o

Lzjwhhem o

T3hrssc2 o

X4xvyeuw o

F36sjzjy o

9g4v4sfq o

Vdgpozor o

3obkxqpm o

0l42amhu o

Mgg5tckf o

Czsaeyyx o

2nn5so4a o

6nzeljzt o

5tacgr0x o

Ty7iio2k o

G5z83n7v o

Yfe78mnc o

9dx18h8o o

Juliattisnacordst
                        Sharon
                        Krishna
                        Indiana Jones

U-1mzIngIPquukqQHG_YmVhYm_0_ACy28LnvmTekvJFTwrTEsSMHEGkvXCrPqc3gxYcaI635FQF9P_9zF5oKKJYjofLju4UJj-UfytmsQGPquaUglMgXWk2kwDU6qC-_5f_cLJaH

(Well, I graduated last Sunday, actually, and I got to see Avengers: Engame as a graduation reward. I would have posted that day, but then a rather serious Discord conversation popped up, and by the time that was over, it was late and I headed off to bed.)

On 5/1/2019 at 4:50 AM, Dayni said:

Both is the correct answer.

On 5/1/2019 at 4:50 AM, Dayni said:

It seemed that first and foremost Dreamworks wanted to make a movie that was respectful and accurate to the original story, and were sincere in their efforts. They contacted over a hundred religious leaders to make sue the movie was authentic, and that mindset paid off big time.

On 4/30/2019 at 1:31 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

I stared at that link for about thirty seconds before doing anything.

I'm no idea what I'm watching, except leeks.

Pfffhahahah, what? Why Star Fox?

"Never give up. Trust your instincts."

Physical, of course. Could you bring yourself to bermirch the Holy Book to ensure your personal safety?

Depends heavily on the situation, so possibly. I can ask God for forgiveness if I do.

Why were you standing in front of a person flailing their limbs around with no idea what they were doing? Safe distance, man, basic safety procedures!

Well, it doesn't take a whole lot of time to do a flip, in all fairness. I still shouldn't have stood in front of them, though.

If somebody was threatening to kill you, man or woman, you'd aim to hurt. No such thing as honor or rules when shit hits the fan. In fact, you probably wouldn't have the time to think about your moves, you'd just do whatever you can to not die.

On the other hand, if it's not that serious a fight, you of course don't want things to escalate by aiming for the opponent's weak points. Best to take two or three punches and be able to end the fight without any lasting consequences than getting the advantage but turning the incident into a fight to the death.

Good point. Very good point.

Yeah, I won't defend the gaiden gimmick. It doesn't work well. Still, Shadow Dragon's great, and there is no reason to play FE3 or 1 over it.

It seems like the gaiden mechanic isn't a bad idea in and of itself, but then made a lot of decisions that did it no favors. Shadow Dragon was built with ironmanning in mind with how many characters you get, replacements are a thing if you have less than the necessary amount, and the number of characters that need to be dead to unlock them is way to low for even a first time ironmanner.

Ah, just accept the compliments, you bloodthirsty cinnamon roll.

Image result for good point meme

Pretty sure they don't, but cleavers do exist, I think.

Considering I gained a mild fear of meat cleavers after playing NEO Scavenger, it's a fair enough replacement.

Seriously, though, I managed to get dogmen so scared they wanted to retreat when using the meat cleaver. It's that scary of a weapon.

Still, could've made sure. He's got a sword, y'know. And a rope.

...Y'know? I was originally going to link the ending to God of War 3 (where Kratos beats Zeus to death with his bare hands in first person) as an example of what Xeno could do to the slaver, but decided against it because it was a little excessive.

But know that you mentioned that he has both a rope and a sword, I can't get the thought out of my head that he would combine the two like an adventure game protagonist, and make a ranged weapon out of it.

You... do know what Holmes was implying with the way he worded the sentence, right?

...I'll just say it: he just accused Xeno of trying to hook up with Juni. Yeah.

Oh

I had a feeling I should have brought up that I was a little confused about what Holmes was talking about. I originally thought that Xeno just dropped a bombshell that Juni barely escaped being a prostitute when she wasn't mentally in the place to hear that.

This situation is messed up no matter how you cut it.

Go play if you want to find out

The thing that makes it worse for me is that, while what happens to Juni (Yuri? As in, Gagarin?) is fucked up, Lyria's situation is just as horrible, but on top of that she was completely bamboozled and was convinced that she was on her way to stardom. Heck, Attrom had to fight with her to get her out of there.

If Xeno hadn't saved her, Juni would at least have been perceptive enough to understand she was in trouble, and she probably would've tried to get away (being a thief, I can imagine she'd be resourceful enough to make up an escape plan, in time). At best, Lyria would've realized things were bad when she first stepped onto the stage and a bunch of sweaty men oogled her without restraint. At worst, well... when the fatso sold her off for some sicko's personal enjoyment.

Either way, I'm glad the Mercenaries are there to save them.

That... sounds uncomfortably close to real life tactics used by human traffickers. Offering jobs with appealing benefits without falling into the "too good to be true" warning. Telling a kid that they'll help them be a star is a more obvious trap than most examples, but it's not entirely out there.

So how was it? I personally couldn't care less about Marvel, but I've heard much about this from people around me.

I think it will take some time to gather my full thoughts on the movie, but it is an awesome movie. People aren't joking when they say the finale is some of the best comic book action put to film, and that Marvel might need to take a break from movie-making for a while, because they're not going to top this for quite a while. Things won't be the same in the future, yet they have a lot of room on how to proceed.. The beginning is slow, though, even if it is for understandable reasons.

What's the problem with this one, though? In a game full of underage girls going through all sorts of awful situations, this pairing's the sanest thing ever. It's two adults who have clearly been through some shit together. They obviously like and respect each other. It's all perfectly consensual. I don't see any problem with this. Live and let live, I say.

I suppose that was a knee jerk reaction. I fall into the "What's your business is your business, but I don't want to hear about it" category.

...you got completely lost here. The one who did that second thing was Kalbazan, not Guenchaos. Chaos is more recent history. Also, the kingdoms weren't divided among the guardian dragons, but the princesses. The whole dragon thing came to be later, I'm pretty sure.

I thought that was where I would get lost.

You did okay, 7/10, not bad.

It's a passing grade. I'll take it.

Late to the joke, but piracy privateering in action!

Just like the witches in Gaiden/SoV!

Elcv9zxs o

That... is an interesting pose.

It reminds me of this, honestly:

Image result for final fantasy cactuar

Raquel in a nutshell.

Bwms4vmo o

...That doesn't really look like Tom, if I'm being honest. Where's his bandanna?

Ten more views since last time.

Qmneq512 o

I don't know whether or not real life ballistas have the rope/string bounce so much after they fire.

The bolt disappearing once it hits the opponent also looks odd.

8nnunimt oRryakuyh o

...wah?

Either Tom is so epic he can dodge with an immobile siege machine, or the enemy misjudged their sword length when swinging at something three feet in front of them. 

E9nn2doc o

Guess if you have the ability to warp, It's hard not to abuse it.

Yensvblz o

Well, my guess was wrong. Still nice to see Margaret's still alive.

Txsg7kig o
L4ovkx7d o
Pqwnskch o
Jpqceuho o
1etqtbbh o

"That's some damn good writing" was my first though when I read that. Not only did this address criticisms about his role in the story earlier, this makes him even more despicable.

Qfda2ego o

I'm guessing Ruben.

On 5/2/2019 at 5:19 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

P1zzgcas o Why yes, this is a decision. And unlike in Telltale's games, it actually matters here. Very much so, in fact: the next chapter changes depending on which fort you seize. You'll see.

Considering that I've watched my brother watch Minecraft: Story Mode on youtube, and one of the things things you do at the star of Season 2 is say which big choices you made in the past, and there were only one or two per episode... I see what you mean. I think the unique dialogue you get depending on the smaller choices is why people enjoy the games.

Seems like it's going to be really easy, right? Ooohhhooo, no... believe me, Kaga isn't done punishing me for wanting to get Kreiss lai

I hope this is a mutual understanding and they still work well together even if they didn't get the girl and not the more... violent... approach.

K34gvl91 o

And once again, you meet this guy dehydrated in a desert.

Put of curiousity, I tired looking that up.

All I got was the fact that raisins are bad for rabbits.

The more you know...

Swox3h53 o Ughhh... Someone out here has to have some water...

F4aswdy8 o You'll come to regret those words, my pal. Heheheh... oh, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Let me guess; Eugen will glaot about having his life in his hands and that he will pay for stealing from them last time, while Runan stops him and says they have use for a thief.

Tenu7iot o

Called it!

0h591dhd o

Nice attention to detail with the blood.

Kbzsmh7q o

Burning to death. Heheheh. Now that's brutal.

Not as gory as I'd hoped, but then again...

Related image

Also, fitting last words.

Gxvnzmci o
Ysptm14i o

Ouch. That's, uh, that's not a pretty cut.

M23kbb9m o

To be continued indeed.

I think I'll say my full thoughts later, but I enjoyed this scene. Not what I was fully expecting, but it's nice to see the slaver finally get some comeuppance.

Sorry if I got a little lazy near the end, but I got tired of writing, and wanted to do something else, so I rushed a bit. Still recovering from writing a few papers in a short amount of time.

Who knows? I might go back and give more in-depth replies later.

LATER

And what do you know? I just miss it! Again!

Well, I'm tired, so I'll probably make something tomorrow.

Oh wow! This went crazy well. Didn't even need Amulets or anything.

Didn't know that Leteena has a hidden skill. It's not mentioned anywhere on Serenes Forest's page. I guess that's what's supposed to be her big draw over Rebecca. Silence is cute and all. But at this point in the game, one turn of Silence just seems cute by comparison. I mean, Meriel can inflict eternal silence on all enemies on the map if she wants to.

Never recruited Leteena myself. I did try going for it once and I was even blessed with the most godly Kreiss who hit his defense cap super hard. I missed out on the Amulet event though, so that didn't work out.

Also, the way that revival after the final map works is that Holmes will automatically go to the top level of the Tower of Morse and you are free to operate it as normal. So you can freely chose who you want to revive with the remaining charges of the Dakron.

Edited by BrightBow