Is Gen4 (Sinnoh) Underappreciated?

Innocentmask

So Generation 4, Sinnoh region seems to be left out. I mean i don't really think i've ever heard anyone talk about Sinnoh nowdays because Diamond and Pearl was one of my first Pokemon games. It seems to have been forgotten. Now Gen5 and Other gens seems to overshadow it. Maybe because it wasn't very remarkable enough?  There were some memorable Pokemon such as Lucario, Regigas and Arceus. Could a remake be possible? Very likely. I feel that Gen4 seems to be underappreciated or not very mentioned. But i guess that's all i got to say. What are your thoughts guys? Feel free to agree or disagree.

I personally don't even remember Gen5 off the top of my head. Whereas (as a Kanto baby), I feel like Generation 4 actually stood out to me (I played Platinum). Unsure why, but later generations sorta melded into obscurity, while the first 2 Gens hold all my nostalgia. 

Honestly though, everyone I know talks about Gen4 remakes all the time, so I feel like if anything it's less the people and more Pokemon itself. I feel like they focus so hard on Kanto that they sorta shaft the other generations. Personally though, I think Unova is the most forgotten (but it could also be because that one is by far my least favorite).

But I LOVE Gen 4, so I might also be biased in feeling like I hear about it!

While Gen 4 isn't in my top 2 favorites, I am really looking forward to seeing a remake as there's something I really adore about it.

Though yes, much like Sunsurge, I also know quite a lot of people who are really looking forward to a Gen4 remake since it's next in line.
However since a remake won't happen until the Switch gets a brand new mainline game, the remake feels rather distant at the moment.

DPT were my first three games of the series (if I didn't get Emerald in that time), and Infernape will always be my favorite final evolved form of a starter. The event Pokemon are much more memorable to me than other games as well, and the Distortion World has to be the most memorable location in the game for me. I also really loved the underground bases. I really do hope DPT get remade eventually

Edited by Arcphoenix

The entirety of gen 4 rubbed me the wrong way for sure. Battles were slower than ever, saving your game was slower than ever, HMs were more annoying and gratuitous than ever. Probably the biggest reason why I put down Pokemon during gen 4 was just the fact that all my friends had by middle school. And I did get some weird looks for enjoying most Nintendo games and systems due to the kiddy reputation of the DS and Wii era. There were some good innovations in Gen 4 to Pokemon mechanics, but the majority of them were concerned with competitive play which I had no interest in. And the rest were introducing new means of online or wireless play, which again, had no impact on me since I didn't know anybody still playing. I liked Soul Silver a lot, but I didn't expect not to since I knew firsthand that the Johto games were excellent.

I acknowledge that Diamond and Pearl weren't that bad, and that apparently Platinum fixes the issue of battles being so slow, but I have no special interest in remakes of those games. Or remakes of any pokemon games. I know they're "next in line" but I want to see innovations before I can get hype about remakes. Otherwise it'll seem like the old games with a new coat of paint. You may as well save yourself the development time and dump these games in their original state on the eshop. 

People who like it like it for the right reason, and ones who hate it had their points. Regardless of that gen 4 games are the most torturous to play though due to speed, and its HM spam is at its peak but i honestly think gen 4 is what i think about when thinking about the peak of the series. The fact that its placed RIGHT behind Gen 5, which speeds up the games considerably is a thing that goes against them

Honestly, even metagame wise this is true. On one hand, you can say its the only metagame that manage to get close to balanced

on other hand..... Machamp. Yeah no

I grew up with it but TBH I can barely remember anything about it 

I don't think it was all that great, I recall it being really sluggish and it was just really slow

edit: OP quit reminding me how old I am

Edited by Captain Karnage

Well, it's the gen I came back to after never having a GBA so 3rd gen passed me by.

Even Pearl was impressive to me, though I could never go back to it after later titles (that and I lost it on holiday but that's beside the point). Platinum and HG/SS though are easily in my top 3 for the series, no questions asked and that's despite the slower engine (Also again, I've seen Sun/Moon on a not New 3DS. It's not pretty, can actually get as slow and unlike Pearl crashed on me more than once.). Gen 4 didn't start all that great (I mean, DP's type balance is awful), but it turned pretty good after that.

A remake is likely not on the cards until 2020 at least anyway, so let's just see.