Hrid: Icy Blade - November Legendary Hero

daisy jane

Well this should make some people happy - 

The Roster: Colourless: Robin, Nina and Noire, Blue: L!Lucina, B!Hector, S!Cordelia, Green: Gunnthra S!Innes, Kana, Red: Hrid, L!Ryoma Lavaetin

Johann's predictions

• Legendary Ryoma
  • Brave Roy
  • Celica (tome)
  • Gunnthra
  • Kana (F)
  • Summer Innes
  • Legendary Lucina
  • Summer Cordelia
  • Brave Hector
  • Legendary Robin
  • Takumi
  • Summer Noire

Nine out of Twelve (LOL I ignored the 4 Legendaries he predicted. oops). 

Edited by daisy jane

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He sounds like such a dork. Like... aggressively dorky. 

On one hand, holy crap they actually gave DC to somebody not named Hector. On the other hand he looks very underwhelming and that sword is far from consistent in activation. Unless he's stupidly min-maxed this is a pretty easy skip. 

And the number of people who didn't see this coming... one, me because I forgot Legendary Heroes were a thing.

Finally, Distant Counter isn't a Hector exclusive anymore.

Guess Hrid being a Cav unit is better than him being a Infantry unit, but also... I don't like how he sounds compared to how he looks. I imagined he'd have been at least a little weathered sounding, given the damage he sustained in the War of Muspell. But nope, he just sounds like, as @TheNiddo put it, a dork.

Looks like he'll be slow but powerful, given the effect of Gjoll, and has a reverse Garm, letting him double if the enemy is inflicted with a negative status, albeit also disabling their own follow-ups. If they are generous with giving him HP, he could be a good runner of Panic Ploy.

I kinda feel like he and Gunnthra got their seals mixed up though...

Hrid decided to let Eirika go first last month. What a gentleman.

I have nobody on red so I’ll give it a shot. Blue is worth a pull too. The rest I don’t really care for.

So he really did end up as the legendary. Neat. I like how he synergizes perfectly with Gunnthra, though overall he doesn't seem that exciting since we just got Legendary Eirika and he's another sword cav.

Everything looks great to me but green. While I do want to fix my Kana's IV, Gunnthra and Innes are not tempting units accompanying her. Every other color looks great for me, though. I've been waiting for Lucina to rerun and blue is exactly what I've been wanting. Cordelia merges and Bold Fighter fodder is ideal. Colorless is better than I could have hoped with Nina there. I want both her and Noire badly, plus a Grima that's not -atk. I'm glad Takumi, BLyn or whoever isn't ruining the pool again.

I'll probably go hard for Blue and Colorless and take some reds on the side. I'd only be taking Reds since Ryoma is there. I already have a perfect Laevatein and don't care about Hrid, but any extras of him are DC fodder so that helps. I hope 260 orbs is enough to get me at least Lucina and Noire. Can't forget Christmas is coming right on the heels of this too.

Edited by Alkaid

...It's hard to be disappointed when you both knew this was coming and your interest in the game is dying anyways. And they couldn't even bother to make him an armor so there'd be some variety at least among all these damn sword legendaries (instead, they chose to reuse the exact same unit type as last month). Sure, whatever IS.

I really don't know what i wanna do. this is tough. 

Fire + Ice mathematically has the same odds as Legendary since it's a 2 focus banner. so on median you're seeing a 5* every 50-60ish orbs. 
i'd really like an Innes and Nina
I don't have a Grima
I need a Lucina and Hector. 

this is stupid tough. 

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

...It's hard to be disappointed when you both knew this was coming and your interest in the game is dying anyways. And they couldn't even bother to make him an armor so there'd be some variety at least among all these damn sword legendaries (instead, they chose to reuse the exact same unit type as last month). Sure, whatever IS.

this is true. i mean with their armour fetish. But like you just had SwordCavEirika. why make Hrid the same thing?
(why make hrid a legendary at all)

Edited by daisy jane

I knew this was coming so no surprises here, I'll just do my free pull on Blue (red if no blues) and leave it at that. After all I still need to get Ylgr for that sweet Spd Tactic how come a banner with only 2 focus units puts me at 4% pity rate, those Hectors really drained my luck.

Yup. It happened. And as expected, he's red...which is disappointing since our last legendary was a red cav. Would've been cooler with a dagger or bow to fit the whole "I tried to assassinate Surtr" thing. More DC fodder though. That's cool. Probably free pull blue since Lucina is still gorgeous, and I don't have the others.

Spoiler

I'm just going to choose to believe that Hrid's assassination attempt was throwing a sword at Surtr, getting fried when that didn't do much more than scuff up crazy flame king's armor, and scrambling outside to get his horse. lol 

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

The one thing I will agree with is that they really should have timed this better. I have zero problems with Hrid's typing, but if they wanted to put him in November, they should have put Eirika earlier in the line-up or something.

Yeah, they kind of suicided him by coming right after Eirika. I'm sure DC was strategically put on him to increase his value for people who'd otherwise just skip a second sword cav, but I don't know if that'll work that well.

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Hide contents

I'm just going to choose to believe that Hrid's assassination attempt was throwing a sword at Surtr, getting fried when that didn't do much more than scuff up crazy flame king's armor, and scrambling outside to get his horse. lol 

I'd say maybe look at it in the vein of how Beruka can somehow still assassinate people while using an axe on the back of a huge wyvern, but I guess it's true that Hrid's attempt failed.

My priority: Blue >= Red > Green > Colorless

Blue: literally OK with anybody (Lucina is a neat LH unit, I wouldn't mind a Cordelia merge, and Hector is a great armored unit and great fodder)

Red: Hrid and Ryoma are acceptable (though I'd probably would have to drop 20K feathers on Soleil to make Ryoma ready to go). Laevatein is also fine.

Green: Gunnthra is acceptable. Innes is meh right now but he can become nuts if he's not -Atk and -Spd and Firesweep Axe gets released. Kana is cute but doesn't interest me in terms of fodder or as a unit.

Colorless: weakest of the bunch. None of the units are particularly interesting aside from maybe F!Grima - and that's only because she's a LH unit.

Hrid's stats:

The first round of combat is against the Bow Fighter in Story 2-13-2 Normal. The Bow Fighter is hit by Freezing Seal's effect, giving him 23 Atk and 21 Def. Hrid deals 35 damage, putting his Atk stat at 37.

The second round of combat is against the Axe Armor in Story 2-13-4 Hard. The Axe Armor is hit by Freezing Seal's effect, giving him 40 Atk, 7 Spd, and 37 Def. Hrid deals 30 damage, still putting his Atk stat at 37. The Axe Armor deals zero damage, putting Hrid's Def at at least 32. Hrid is able to double through the Axe Armor's Wary Fighter 2, which means he has at least 12 Spd, but that's not saying much.

HP: 41
Atk: 37
Spd: at least 12... obviously higher, though
Def: at least 32
Res: ???

He looks like he might be a low-Spd bulky type based on his weapon's "Penaltybreaker" effect. That, or he dumped Res hard.

Finally. And apparently the datamined indication of another water hero this month was wrong?

Wind and cavalry were not what I expected Hrid to get, but they're fitting enough. His set looks cool, but nothing I need, and I already have the other two reds.

Blue is another story. I don't have any of the three, and I've been waiting for another shot at both Hector and Lucina. I wasn't planning on doing any more pulling until the Christmas banner, but I don't think I can say no to this. I'll see if I can grab one of the three.

For backups on non-blue sessions, Nina and Noire are the other two units I'm missing here. I'd rather get Hrid than Nina and especially Noire, but more than double the rate of a new unit is hard to argue with.