Hrid: Icy Blade - November Legendary Hero

daisy jane

24 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Marth’s grandfather’s brother who had obtained Falchion and defeated and sealed Medeus the Shadow Dragon.
An actual legendary hero, not these knockoffs.

oh wow. that sounds so awesome. 
(he got it from Naga? or something?)

20 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Adding to what @Vaximillian said, possibly THE record holder of bar none the most powerful human character to ever exists in fire emblem. Marth is named a Legend by Gottoh for being able to complete Anri's Way with a rag-tag army through sheer leadership, which is essentially Desert, Iceland, and Lava Cave filled with bandits and dragons

Anri did that alone, in record time without barely anything with him since he's a poor peasant from a backwater village. He's so bullshit that the only time a character ever gets compared to Anri, it was Camus(yes, the same Camus from GHB) destroying entire batallion led by a Dragon, only losing after he lost his weapon

Safe to say when an idea of actually "Legendary Hero" comes around, he's the most obvious example in the book

geeze. i need to play shadow dragon. thanks :)

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Why would anyone get excited at the thought of Hríd being put into the game, let alone as a legendary hero?

Anri at least did stuff and got shit done, even if in background. Hríd did nothing and achieved nothing, and is nothing.

i didn't know who Hrid was until like a month ago. 
and you legit made me laugh

11 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

The most shafted character in all of Fire Emblem. He did everything right, saved the princess, got the magic sword, slew the Dragon - single-handedly, mind you - and what did he get to show for it? The princess he saved was married off to some other dude for purely political reasons when she loved him instead, all his people abandoned him, he died alone and friendless...heck, by the time Awakening happens, Kjelle - the girl who's semi-obsessed with powerful warriors - can't even mention him by name.

Legendary Ike was without question the greatest disappointment FEH has ever handed me, even more than the 5S Lucius I pulled, because I saw Legendary Hero and thought we'd be getting Anri, the Eight Legends, the Twelve Crusaders, etc. I let Fjorm and Gunnthra slide because OCs always get dumb special treatment, but once I saw Ike....

This is exactly the problem - a character hyped up since the beginning of the franchise to be almost god-tier, given the surprise tragic ending, whose name was carved into the stairs of greatness, and he was thrown to the side so completely and utterly that HRID - no, THE ENTIRE NIFL FAMILY(bar one) got to be Legendary Heroes first.

See description at top of my post. The man's deserved to at least be given A FRICKIN FACE by now.

thanks. also i know.
I feel IS missed the ball by not having the legends that our legends strive to be like.

Edited by daisy jane

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Icelerate said:

Him deserving to be called a legendary doesn't mean he's a good choice to add into Heroes. 

Except of course for the fact that we were calling them LEGENDARY Heroes from the start, which implied something a little more...I dunno...epic? than what we got. I was thinking Roland, Anri, Thrud, that one lady from Tellius, can't remember her name...and I got Ike. Not that I don't like Ike, I just felt...kind of backstabbed by the name is all.

He works pretty well with Gunnthrá, because: both have a global debuff;  both are Wind heroes, so he and his sister will grant wind allies +4 def/res; and being cavalry, they can buff each other with Cavalry buffs. I don't have any of the red units, which makes me really happy!

8 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Him deserving to be called a legendary doesn't mean he's a good choice to add into Heroes. 

I agree. Heroes deserving to be called legendary don’t deserve to get added into Heroes as “legendary heroes”.

4 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

that one lady from Tellius

Altina. No one dual-wields Ragnell and Alondite while standing on the back of an ECSBAWKSHUEG lion-man.
(his name is Soan, FWIW)

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Please let's not start the "he didn't deserve the legendary title" again... We has too much trouble about Eirika last time....

...Loath though I am to admit defeat under any circumstance, you are indeed correct - I'm stepping back to let my venom out in private where I'm not screwing someone else's day over. 'Pologies for the derail, folks.

10 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Please let's not start the "he didn't deserve the legendary title" again... We had too much trouble about Eirika last time....

This.  Can't believe how long it went with Eirika, the main character of her own game Sacred Stones.  Now it goes with Hrid.  The not deserving argument is really just a cheap knock on a character one doesn't like rather than a real criticism.  Cause such an argument can be made for other legendary hero characters.

Personally while I would prefer Anri or other legendary mythic figures not playable in the series, having an original character is still a step up from an alt in my book.  

I can do full pulls on this banner.  Have zero reds, and one of each of the other colors.  Tempting to just pull red as I really want all three units though.  

So first... Hrid leaves me unexcited. Yeah he has DC which is cool since it's no longer a hector exclusive, he's also the first red to have it. Then you have his kit which gives him essentially a breaker skill on whoever's debuffed and there will always be at least one unit that is so on the map (great synergy with Aversa he'd have eh?) but it's just like... we just got Eirika last month... did we really need another sword cav? If he'd been colorless I would have been giddy but it's just like why? Nevermind how undeserving he is of the role, at that point that's par for the course.

Anyway... this is probably the most underwhelming legendary banner for me ever. One of the best banners for me I had 0 orbs for, but this one I have 100... Well, let's do this.

RED: Hrid is Hrid, he's the new hero. If you care about him then you could pull here. It's probably the second best color. I personally don't, but he's going to be strong. Then there's L!Ryoma who's pretty powerful as well then Levataein who rounds out the 3. It's a pretty decent lineup, I'm sick of pulling red at this point though. I don't really need or care about any of these units even if I'm missing a red (melee) flier. It's just a big meh.

BLUE: Best color. I still want L!Lucina, B!Hector is great too, even if it'll just mean I'm sitting on even more Bold Fighter. S!Cordelia is the stinker of the group, I don't use Lance Cavs really, but she's probably one of the best.

GREEN: Worst color. Gunnthra? Yawn, F!Kana? nope, S!Innes? I like him, but unecessary. Full skip.

COLORLESS: Oh God the horror. Completely ignoring that we STILL don't have another colorless legendary. Nina has nothing I'm looking for or need, Rebecca will eventually get a prf which means I don't need shining bow, that plus the fact that I don't care about Nina and I already have Bow Valor so she's not even good for that. Noire's got an OK spread and Infantry Rush is great, but the chances of me pulling her are 1/3 and I'd have to pull 2 of her to make use of her C skill so.. yeah, pass.

Only pulling red and blue... honestly tempted to just go try for Ylgr now. 

15 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Cause such an argument can be made for other legendary hero characters.

It has been made for other “legendary heroes”. Marth and Ike (arguably for the case of the latter) are the only ones among them that fit the bill.

Yep IS don't remember B!Roy exists at all, I didn't expect Brave Hector there. Does this mean we'll be getting CYL Celica or Ephraim next month? Think I'll keep hoarding. Moreover, next month's legendary heroes are much more appealing to me; Fjorm is an Arena hero, Hector has DC and VF and Marth is a dragon counter. 

Time to waste another 600 orbs on a legendary banner it seems. Going all in for Hrid. I have Ryoma and don't care much for Laev but I won't be massively upset if I pull them. Would have rather seen Hrid on the previous banner, though, since I hate pulling on legendary banners and I still loathe the idea of two person banners ><

Not excited about anyone else. I have everyone I want and will be avoiding colourless like the plague. Guess I wouldn't mind getting gunnthra, but would rather just pull Hrid and depart.

Edited by Cute Chao

Huh, first legendary banner where we have 2 legendary on 1 color. I guess that is the solution for all the red legendary units they kept sending to us, welcome back Ryoma. Still, Red might be my color for Laevateinn, but I'm not too invested to get her. For others, Blue is a very solid color choice, and Colorless is an instant skip in my opinion. Kana (F) is nice I guess.

As for Hrid, if you didn't like the last month's sword cavalry Eirika, maybe Hrid is your boy. Gjöll basically guarantees him to double if the enemy has Panic, Threaten, Dazzle or Gravity effect on them. Does Chill and Smoke counts as Threaten effect? Because he comes with his personal conditional Chill Atk/Spd and Atk Smoke to support that, not to mention Distant Counter. I feel like his focus will be Atk/Def with a boon on Spd, just because of his weapon effect. If his stats are not optimal, he can be still a nice fodder, because of DC.

2 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

it was Camus(yes, the same Camus from GHB) destroying entire batallion led by a Dragon, only losing after he lost his weapon

Is that the BS Fire Emblem map? Because he isn't alone in it and has his Sable Knights (Leiden, Belf & Roberto) alongside (and Nyna).

Edited by Vince777

Glad I already expected this or else I would be so disappointed. Bit weird that they're doing two red cavs after each other too. It's that I just got a Swordhardt or else I might've pulled for Hrid as my new red cav, though I'm not too fond of his attack art. He has DC though and that is def enough for me to pull for him anyway cause I have at least 3 units needing that.

Red: Will pull for Hrid for DC though I'm scared to end up with L!Ryoma or Laevetein instead who I both don't care for at all and they don't have very useful fodder either. I don't have either of them though, so it would still be good for the collection at least.

Blue: Best color this time, S!Cordelia is a cute, B!Hector is Bold Fighter fodder, and L!Lucina seems fun to use or else at least Swift Sparrow fodder.

Green: Nope, already have Gunnthra and F!Kana and S!Innes is a nope for me.

Colorless: L!Robin when will you leave pls. Don't care much for Noire or Nina either.

So blue and red it is, guess I'll have to give up on Mia on the vantage banner. Better that way anyway since she's sharing a color and I already got a Swordhardt instead.

One good thing we got from this banner is now we know that New Brave Heroes and OG characters are going to appear in Legendary Banners. The chances to get Brave Celica and Laegjarn in the next banner, along side Summer Young Tiki (since the A Sketchy Summer units are next), are high! Having one of this units and Legendary Mar-Mar on the same banner will make me summon in the red color again.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Blue and red I guess. I have not a single of the blue and am missing two of the colorless, but neither excite me much. Missing one red, but Ryoma is -atk.  Missing Kana in green, but she is low priority.

Really wish he was colorless. I mean if we can have colored bows and daggers, why not a colorless sword. It would at least be something interesting.

I want Hrid so I probably won't get him. If I don't get him, I'll settle for Laev, Celica, Innes, and/or Gunthra.

I'm kind of disappointed they made him Sword Calvary since Eirika was sword calvary last legendary banner.

That ain't Hrid- Wait, it is!

Anyways, Hrid has a horse, Gjoll (which guarantees doubles if an enemy has stats reduced or a status like Panic or Gravity and gives +3 Atk), DC, Atk Smoke and Freezing Seal (which reduces enemy Atk/Spd by 6 if they have low res and he's got greater than 50% HP. Is that worse than Gunnthra?). I'm curious with the stats but the weapon's interesting and can work well and he's also wind. Also, Ice upon you.

As for the others, Red has L!Ryoma and Laevateinn, so that's real good, Blue has Bowcina, Summer Cordelia and Hectet, which I'd only really want Lucina out of unless Hector's nature was really good, Green has Gunnthra, SummInnes and F!Kana, all of whom I don't have though Kana would be a bit sucky and Colourless has F!Grima, Nina and SummeNoire, so I do not care.

Overall, my choices this time are Red > Green > Blue >>> Colourless

I'm feeling Red and Blue here. Dunno about Hrid, but having more LH gives more team compositions in Arena Assault and are just nice to have, Laevatein is prime fodder material, B!Hector is great to merge or fodder for Bold Fighter, LH Lucina is ridiculous with Future Vision. Summer Cordelia doesn't look like she's got anything i'd want. I guess i'd just give Finn a Shell Lance. 

Green and colourless aren't very good units this time around...Gunnthra is nice but WT!Olwen is arguably a better green cav and maybe even the free Cecilia is better depending on team compositions. 

Kana looks like IS trying to sell old merchandise, considering thanks to A!Corrin being another infantry green dragon with higher stats in everything sans 1 defense point she's basically a poor man's A!Corrin now, Summer Innes is a nice unit but not worth the pull, I got Nina when she first came out and has sat in my barracks gathering dust so she's a hard pass, Summer Noire doesn't look great and i'm sure everyone who wanted Grima has already got a Grima.