Hrid: Icy Blade - November Legendary Hero

daisy jane

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Why would anyone get excited at the thought of Hríd being put into the game, let alone as a legendary hero?

Anri at least did stuff and got shit done, even if in background. Hríd did nothing and achieved nothing, and is nothing.

I’m sorry, but Hríd is hot. And people get excited over Camilla and Loki cause boobs, soooo, I’m definitely excited he’s in the game. Mostly just for his damaged art, and that face.

Hríd is as pointless as Ryoma (IMO) as legendary status, but we’ve long since known (since Fjorm) that it was never about who *deserved* to be “legendary”. So idk why you’re acting as if there’s some big surprise here. The term legendary is just tacked on as a modifier. It doesn’t mean anything. It’s really just “ALT” heroes. Haha. And the occasional OC.

Anyways, guess I’m pulling red and blue on this one. Hríd finally and Lucina because I have all of her EXCEPT this one because on her banner I had 0 orbs. ?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Sunsurge said:

I’m sorry, but Hríd is hot. And people get excited over Camilla and Loki cause boobs, soooo, I’m definitely excited he’s in the game. Mostly just for his damaged art, and that face.

Hríd is as pointless as Ryoma (IMO) as legendary status, but we’ve long since known (since Fjorm) that it was never about who *deserved* to be “legendary”. So idk why you’re acting as if there’s some big surprise here. The term legendary is just tacked on as a modifier. It doesn’t mean anything. It’s really just “ALT” heroes. Haha. And the occasional OC.

Anyways, guess I’m pulling red and blue on this one. Hríd finally and Lucina because I have all of her EXCEPT this one because on her banner I had 0 orbs. ?

Hríd is as pointless as Ryoma and Female Robin as Legendary Status. I  included Female Robin because the one chose to be legendary hero is the evil version. Robin, the Tactician, deserves to be a Legendary Hero, but Grima doesn't.

I wish you good luck and I hope you can get Hríd and/or Lucina with the orbs you will get until the banner's ends.

So I will pull red and blue (possibly just red) I have only one sword and having any of those appearing in the banner is pretty neat, also I only have two blue units (a +2Sumia which unless she domotes and I +10 her is pretty useless and fjorm and the blue units aside from S!Cordeliaare also neat, just in second thoughts about blue because there is even a slight chance that my orbs will be wasted on another unit I won't use. Now green is plain bad as none of these units interest me and I already have two awesome greens. Colourless is just F!Grima with two archers and I don't need any of them.

Now Hrid is pretty good by the looks of it. DC , his Weapon and B skill are looking good together. Also how does his B skill work I am kinda confused with it, I think there are some similar type of skills but I am not sure, so can anyone explain it?

Edited by SuperNova125

Nice, it could only be expected. Still will not make me go all out. I like Hrid more than any other Legendary Hero they had the last times. But I will wait until more are announced and I have my Rinkah.

Still hope the next OC,s will be more awesome. I will also stock up a bit for that. 

But I may try to go full circle on my first session.

Edited by Stroud

@SuperNova125 If you're familiar with the Chill skills or Gunnthra's skill, it's basically the same. At start of turn, whichever enemy unit or units in the case of a tie, are inflicted with the debuffs.

Also, it just kinda clicked how cohesive Hrid's skill set is. First turn, he nerfs the hell out of someone, then he engages and hopefully kills them, inflicting attack smoke on the enemies essentially in range to attack him leaving them unable to double him and with significantly decreased attack, keeping himself safe. Add on DC and I'm assuming they won't completely dump his res, and he's basically set from jump to deal with everyone who isn't an incredibly hard counter to him. Granted Swordbreaker being probably the most common breaker is a bit of a downer, but still better than at least a few of the old legendaries' base kits.

Edited by bottlegnomes

So, the new LH is Hrid to absolutely nobody's surprise. Not really interested in him, but if I pull him I will need only Ylgr for a full nifl team, which may convince me to try for Ylgr.

Anyway seems like Blue and Red are the colors to go this time. Me and my 20 orbs are ready.

I was hoping for Hrid to be made playable in some way, the first good looking male OC in quite some time (Yes, I know. I'm sorry.)

So I was expecting to want him but not really need him, as he was likely to be a red unit. Now, he is also a cavalry on top of that and I thought it would be hard for them to get me interested in any more cavalry.

But wow, I have a wind blessed debuff focused cavalry team around Gunnthra, with only the red unit not synergizing as well with the others and he would be such a great fit. Ryoma and Laevatein don't interest me much and I don't like pulling a color on a legendary banner, if I am not wanting at least two of the units, so I am still undecided.

I have been saving a few hundred orbs for that banner because the cyl units might have come back and Veronica sharing with Grima or Hector sharing with Lucina would have been nice. So, blue it is then, the third unit could have been better and I may cut my losses early if I see nothing but Cordelia, but otherwise I might use up everything. Green and colorless would just be merges for the legendaries, the rest is meh, so if there's no blue it'll be red and pray.

@Johann Also good job for the prediction. You nailed blue and green,  red had the legendary, so the only misses were Nina and Laevatein and who would have thought they would jump straight to Laevatein? Her debut banner ended when? A month ago?

3 hours ago, Azuris said:

@Johann Also good job for the prediction. You nailed blue and green,  red had the legendary, so the only misses were Nina and Laevatein and who would have thought they would jump straight to Laevatein? Her debut banner ended when? A month ago?

yah. Laevaetein really jumped over a lot of units. 
NIna being there is crazy too 

6 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

So, the new LH is Hrid to absolutely nobody's surprise. Not really interested in him, but if I pull him I will need only Ylgr for a full nifl team, which may convince me to try for Ylgr.

Anyway seems like Blue and Red are the colors to go this time. Me and my 20 orbs are ready.

Hrids favourite wife is Aversa... just sayin, and his best buddy will be Soren. While Veronica will be Hrids maitresse

28 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Hrids favourite wife is Aversa... just sayin, and his best buddy will be Soren. While Veronica will be Hrids maitresse

Gjoll's Penaltybreaker effect works with status effects, too, so you can also use any weapons or skills that inflict Panic (Panic Ploy, Monstrous Bow+, Skadi, etc.), Gravity (Gravity+, Thokk, etc.), or Flash (Flash+, Imhullu, etc.).

The Arena Assault items that inflict those statuses (Panic Charm, Pressure Charm, and Fear Charm) should also work.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Anyone like to stack legendary heroes?  I am thinking of putting Hrid on my Gunnthra horse team if I am lucky enough to pull him.  Their B seals should hit different units most of the time, so they will help each other a lot that way.  Plus horse buffs are always great, the other 2 horses will be getting +10def/res +4 def from Hrid, +4 res from GUnnthra.  They will also get +6HP.  

1 minute ago, Lewyn said:

Anyone like to stack legendary heroes?

I run Lyn and Lucina on the same team. Lucina's default Distant Guard synergizes well with Lyn's high ranged bulk. Lyn can bait and kill ranged units on enemy phase while Lucina tears through melee units on player phase.

The remaining two units on the team receive +6 HP, +2 Atk, and +3 Spd from their wind blessings. For thematic purposes, I'm usually running either regular Lucina (or Masked Marth) or regular Lyn and Bride Lyn as teammates.

2 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Anyone like to stack legendary heroes?

When I can, yes. Can't do it for Water yet and I only have Gunnthra and Lyn for Wind so far, which is sort of a lackluster combo. Ike and Robin pair well enough together as a very tanky duo and will help the other two units become more offensive, so that's nice. Marth and Ephraim do well enough together too, I had a lot of fun using them both against Gharnef to give my Hawkeye a substantial defensive boost, not to mention that they generally took care of units the other couldn't. I can't imagine any duo having synergy like Hrid and Gunnthra though.

I dunno what Hrid's stats are, but I already know I want to give him Galeforce.

2 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Anyone like to stack legendary heroes?  I am thinking of putting Hrid on my Gunnthra horse team if I am lucky enough to pull him.  Their B seals should hit different units most of the time, so they will help each other a lot that way.  Plus horse buffs are always great, the other 2 horses will be getting +10def/res +4 def from Hrid, +4 res from GUnnthra.  They will also get +6HP.  

Oh yeah, for sure! I experiment with combos with them all the time. I really gotta pull Lucina, she'd have such good synergy with Lyn. Hrid might work too since he's also a Wind hero.

Yuuuuusssssss

I am happy. His horse doesn't have wings, but I'm happy. I may have to build a better cav team now. Like, actually focus on it. Also, I need Gunnthra more than before, now. I have about 200 orbs saved up, so here's hoping I pull someone I want. But man, too many people to pull now... If there was just 1, it'd be easy. Oh well. I have none of the red units, and red includes 2 legendaries, so that'd be an easy focus. Obviously hoping for Hrid there. Colorless has all units I don't have, too, but I don't actually care much for them except for F!Grima, who I both want very badly and keep not getting. As for blue, I have Hector, and am ok with not having Summer Cordelia or Bow Lucina, so I guess there's at least 1 skip. Green... I have F!Kana and a really good Summer Innes already, but I need Gunnthra. Soo… Guess my plan is...to focus red, and if I get Hrid, focus green. L!Robin will just have to wait.

Edit: Unless no red orbs appear, then I'll pull colorless.

Edited by Mercakete

54 minutes ago, Johann said:

When I can, yes. Can't do it for Water yet and I only have Gunnthra and Lyn for Wind so far, which is sort of a lackluster combo. Ike and Robin pair well enough together as a very tanky duo and will help the other two units become more offensive, so that's nice. Marth and Ephraim do well enough together too, I had a lot of fun using them both against Gharnef to give my Hawkeye a substantial defensive boost, not to mention that they generally took care of units the other couldn't. I can't imagine any duo having synergy like Hrid and Gunnthra though.

Cool Marth and Ephraim, Hawkeye and who is the fourth?  Galeforce....guaranteed doubles likely very high attack, yeah that could be nice. 

11 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Oh yeah, for sure! I experiment with combos with them all the time. I really gotta pull Lucina, she'd have such good synergy with Lyn. Hrid might work too since he's also a Wind hero.

Really Lucina and Lyn?  That does sound interesting.

3 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Cool Marth and Ephraim, Hawkeye and who is the fourth? 

In that fight, I used Elise for healing, a bit of damage at the start, and giving Ephraim some cavalry buffs. Of course, she's someone who benefits very little from those specific stat boosts. I've given out blessings to a considerable amount of units, so there's a lot of variations I can try.

Galeforce....guaranteed doubles likely very high attack, yeah that could be nice. 

I've got a +8 Clarine with Fear, Candlelight, and Gravity to choose from, and I think she's be a strong support partner with Hrid. In Aether Raids, I can envision using him to take out some of those dumb cavalry teams if he has good enough Def/Res, since he rarely should get doubled.

1 hour ago, Johann said:

Personally, I want a friend with a Death Blow Galeforce Heavy Blade Hrid for my GC team. I could build it myself, but that would require taking Heavy Blade off Lephraim.

25 minutes ago, Johann said:

In that fight, I used Elise for healing, a bit of damage at the start, and giving Ephraim some cavalry buffs. Of course, she's someone who benefits very little from those specific stat boosts. I've given out blessings to a considerable amount of units, so there's a lot of variations I can try.

I've got a +8 Clarine with Fear, Candlelight, and Gravity to choose from, and I think she's be a strong support partner with Hrid. In Aether Raids, I can envision using him to take out some of those dumb cavalry teams if he has good enough Def/Res, since he rarely should get doubled.

you might need to run quickened pulse. Considering most ranged cavalry dont run close counter. My Team doesnt exactly for this reason: Preventing Galeforce procs shenanigans with wings of mercy

1 minute ago, Baldrick said:

Personally, I want a friend with a Death Blow Galeforce Heavy Blade Hrid for my GC team. I could build it myself, but that would require taking Heavy Blade off Lephraim.

As someone who uses a similar build with Cain, I understand the struggle all too well.

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

you might need to run quickened pulse. Considering most ranged cavalry dont run close counter. My Team doesnt exactly for this reason: Preventing Galeforce procs shenanigans with wings of mercy

Oh, the idea is that I'd dance him so he'd get 3 kills in. Clearing the traps first so that the dancer can get in, of course.

3 hours ago, Johann said:

As someone who uses a similar build with Cain, I understand the struggle all too well.

Oh, the idea is that I'd dance him so he'd get 3 kills in. Clearing the traps first so that the dancer can get in, of course.

that assumes you can safelybait the enemy. Because Hrid wont reach other ranged cavs without getting repositioned. And then there is the problem of dancers not reaching without him being in WoM range