Can I purchase Fire Emblem Fates pre-owned and get the discount for the other paths?

LoganTheHollowKid

Can I purchase one physical cartridge copy of Fire Emblem Fates Birthright or Conquest pre-owned in some manner, through Amazon for example and still get the discount for the two other paths? On Nintendo's fire emblem fates website it says "Buy the first game for US$39.99MSRP/CA$49.99MSRP, then purchase and download the other paths for just US$19.99MSRP/CA$24.99MSRP. MSRP = Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, Actual Price May Vary" How does the discount work, would it come with a discount code when you buy the game brand new, or is it something that works with all Fire Emblem Fates Cartridges where once you purchase one version you then can purchase the other two paths for $19.99 no matter what. Is the discount for the two other paths locked to brand new retail purchased games? How about digital purchases? I'm trying to get all 3 versions, Conquest, Birthright and Revelations as cheap as possible on one cartridge without spending upwards of $100-$300 on the special edition, or purchase it new still pay $80 for an 2 year old title to save money and SD card space. This question didn't seem redundant since I can't find it on reddit/google, and Nintendo Customer Service is closed/busy due to it being Cyber Monday. The website isn't too specific as to how the discount actually works so I came here. Be as specific with your response as possible please.

41 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

the answer you are looking for is Yee

you will have to purchase it in game though

Just to make sure, so the discount just works with every single copy of Fire Emblem Fates Conquest/Birthright? I want to make sure I have everything in order, would all 3 games be downloaded to one cartridge every way so it wouldn't waste SD card space? Would I have to do it through a specific manner, such as the normal online Nintendo Shop, "Explore Fate", "Dragon's Gate", and through the choice prompt between Nohr and Hoshido during Chapter 6?

58 minutes ago, LoganTheHollowKid said:

Just to make sure, so the discount just works with every single copy of Fire Emblem Fates Conquest/Birthright? I want to make sure I have everything in order, would all 3 games be downloaded to one cartridge every way so it wouldn't waste SD card space? Would I have to do it through a specific manner, such as the normal online Nintendo Shop, "Explore Fate", "Dragon's Gate", and through the choice prompt between Nohr and Hoshido during Chapter 6?

no it only saves to the SD cards

you have to buy it in game, I don't know what the option is called but you do buy it from an option in the main menu

edit: it doesn't eat up a lot of space, you're mainly getting the maps and support conversations

Edited by Captain Karnage

I think I know why you're skeptical, but yeah it should work for used versions of the game just so long as they're functional copies.  It's not like a promo code where it only works once per game copy.

The way it works is in-game - for every single copy of Fates, both paths - there is an option from the main menu that reads "Explore Fates".  Select this option, and you'll be taken to another menu that'll let you buy the other paths at a discounted price.

Don't do it any other way than through this option.  Don't go onto the eshop to search for the game, don't buy the other path...  "Explore Fates" is the ONLY way to get the discount, and it'll always be available to you until both paths are on your 3DS/SD card - and that IS on YOUR 3DS/SD card, it shouldn't matter if the previous owner got them or not.