Forging Bonds: The Sworn Oath

Diovani Bressan

A new Forging Bonds is coming on November 27th, the same day of the November Legendary Heroes banner starts.

The event will feature the Nifl Siblings: Gunnthrá, Hríd, Fjorm and Ylgr. I am curious to learn more about these Heroes we don't know anything about.

Screenshot-20181126-080305.png

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so happy to see this when it was announced. The Nifl siblings didn't get enough character development in the main story, so a Forging Bonds event is a really wonderful way to show their character. Hrid in particular definitely needs it as he was unfortunately an incapitated bystander without any tactical prowess to provide once he finally shows up in the story. He also didn't get to have much in terms of interaction iirc.

1 minute ago, Arcphoenix said:

I was so happy to see this when it was announced. The Nifl siblings didn't get enough character development in the main story, so a Forging Bonds event is a really wonderful way to show their character. Hrid in particular definitely needs it as he was unfortunately an incapitated bystander without any tactical prowess to provide once he finally shows up in the story. He also didn't get to have much in terms of interaction iirc.

I agree. Ylgr is another one, since  Loki as Ylgr had more screen time than Ylgr herself.

"We forgot to give these characters a personality and reason for being in the plot so here are a few lines from them. Please care."

I must admit my expectations for this are really low. While I understand wanting to flesh out the OC's, this is far too little way too late. Book II is over, so what is the point now? 

Edited by Thane

I like this choice. Not that a Forging Bonds alone will make up for their lack of development in the story, but it's still something. It makes me wish we could get one for the Muspell group too, but I guess that won't happen. It'd be cool to see stuff like Laegjarn and Surtr interacting while on your side. (they'd have to actually talk, since you're not letting Surtr kill/threaten any of them this time)

23 minutes ago, Thane said:

"We forgot to give these characters a personality and reason for being in the plot so here are a few lines from them. Please care."

I must admit my expectations for this are really low. While I understand wanting to flesh out the OC's, this is far too little way too late. Book II is over, so what is the point now? 

That's pretty much my thought on the matter. Out of all of them Fjorm is the only one that actually did something and even she's not very well developed. Now is a chance to fix that but team snow needed to get characterization while their story was still ongoing, not after it had already finished.

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I like this choice. Not that a Forging Bonds alone will make up for their lack of development in the story, but it's still something. It makes me wish we could get one for the Muspell group too, but I guess that won't happen. It'd be cool to see stuff like Laegjarn and Surtr interacting while on your side. (they'd have to actually talk, since you're not letting Surtr kill/threaten any of them this time)

The Múspell's Forging Bond would be cool. We would learn more about Helbindi's sister, and we could see Laevatein trying to be more independent and not being considered just a "weapon". Laegjarn would be the protective one, and Surtr would be the guy who consider himself better than everyone but at the end recognize the summoner strength... but still thinks he is better than everyone.

I will say, I don't expect Hrid, Gunnthra and especially FJORM to be anything else but boring in this event.

But Ylgr... This is make it or break it, little girl. Time to prove if you are really funny, or if it seemed that way only because you interacted only with Helbindi and Veronica who are so awesome, they make people in their vicinity look awesome too.

Edited by GrandeRampel

I'm looking forward to this. I prefer getting forging bonds on characters we don't know so much about than ones from fates and awakening (even echoes, etc,  but to a lesser extent) who have a whole host of supports

I have my HM grinding team ready and waiting to get at it (I don't use RD for that because I don't have time).  I look at FB as a nice way to get rewards with convos for characters as a nice bonus.  I do hope Hrid's supports are good, but if they aren't I will be fine since at least there are good rewards for doing this.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

lot of useless badges.

Yay, for useless badges.

But on serious note, I could use the other rewards and look forward to some more interactions, especially Hrid could use some more screentime.

Also I like Gunnthra's flower accessory and look forward to see the upgraded version as well.

7 minutes ago, Azuris said:

Yay, for useless badges.

But on serious note, I could use the other rewards and look forward to some more interactions, especially Hrid could use some more screentime.

Also I like Gunnthra's flower accessory and look forward to see the upgraded version as well.

I liked the flowers too. I am curious to see all EX versions of the Nifl accessories.

i1qn31ik91121.png

Multiplier schedule for this Forging Bond, source: 

https://old.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/a14ese/forging_bonds_the_sworn_oath_predicted_bonus/

Also, copied from OP's comment: 

"Previously the bonus multiplier distribution of Forging Bonds was as follows:

• 1x - 30%
  • 1.5x - 40%
  • 2x - 30%

In this one the distribution is far more generous:

• 1x - 5%
  • 1.5x - 50%
  • 2x - 45%"

That sounds really nice, meaning this event can be finished sooner

I like this one, and was really excited when I saw it announced. :) It's fun that it's so about dreams when we recently had the Azura dream adventure. Kind of themed.