What if... demoted Seasonal Heroes existed?

Diovani Bressan

Since that image of a 4★ Halloween Henry appeared, I was thinking... What seasonal units would be demoted from their banners if it was a thing? I am not saying that I expect to have 4★ Seasonal Units someday (except TT seasonal units), but if we get one demotion from each seasonal banner we had until now... what unit would be and how this unit presence in the 4★ pool would affect the game?

I made my list of the seasonal units I think would be demoted from their banner, but I would love to see others people's opinions.

Spoiler

From Spring Festival: Xander. He has the weakest stats and skill set from the first four spring units.
From Bridal Blessings: Charlotte. Caeda was the other opition, but with 37 base Spd,  Caeda can be a good Blade Tome user, and Charlotte would have Wind Boost as 4★, which is... well... useless?
From Ylissean Summer: Frederick. Gaius can be a "good" brave bow user or ploy user. For Frederick... he was the first dagger unit to be able to debuff all 4 stats from a enemy's unit... and that's it.
From Nohrian Summer: I am not sure about this banner. I am between Leo and Xander. Leo can be a good ploy user, since he has a pretty high Res, and Xander can be a good tank with his high Def.
From Performing Arts: Inigo. Both Inigo and Olivia have poor stats, but at least Olivia can fight Mages with her 28 Res. Shigure could be a option too, but his B Tome Valor skill can make him keep the 5★ position.
From Trick or Defeat: Henry. Sakura is a anti-mage unit and has a Valor skill, Jakob is a great brave bow user, and Nowi is a pretty good red flying mage. I can only see Henry being the demoted unit.
From Winter's Envoy: Chrom. All Winter units are great, but I believe Chrom is the unit who needs the demotion more, since his rival for the green armored position was, at the time, Hector.
From Happy New Year: This is a special case... if we consider the TT units, Corrin would be the demoted unit. If not, I would say Takumi.
From Love Abounds: That's another case I don't know what unit to choose... I would say Lilina, but she is a great Blade Tome user. Roy is my 2nd opition...
From Hares of the Fair: Alfonse. He is a pretty good unit, but the competition of this banner is hard... There is not way to demote a flying dagger unit like Kagero, and the mages are pretty good.
From Bridal Bloom: This is the same case as the New Year banner. If we consider the TT units, Marth would be my pick. If not, hm... that's a difficult case... I cannot see Ninian being the demotion, since she is our first anf only flying ranged dancer, and for the others two unit would mean having a Bond skill available as 4★. I will choose Tharja...
From Summer's Arrival: I am between Innes and Cordelia. I will go with Cordelia.
From A Sketchy Summer: Linde. I don't consider her a great unit, and having a dagger with Desperation 3 on the 4★ would be cool.
From Festival in Hoshido: Ryoma. Xander's skill set makes him a value ally, while Ryoma skill set isn't that impressive. I don't consider to demote a unit with a dragon killer weapon.
From The Land's Bounty: If we consider TT units, Dorcas would be my pick. If not, I would demote Niles.

Spring Festival: Lucina was powercrept by Kliff. The useless Seal Res 3 is her 4-star skill, Swift Sparrow 2 requires her to be at 5-stars. Carrot Lance+ is more useful than Blue Egg+ because there are more defensive lance units than defensive blue tome units.

Nohrian Summer: Leo was powercrept by Julius. And again, Seal Res 3 is his 4-star skill. Meanwhile, Xander offers Fire Boost at 4-stars and then Infantry Pulse at 5-stars.

Performing Arts: Inigo can become a good anti-Lynhardt with Gronnraven/TA/Bowbreaker. Meanwhile, Olivia only unlocks Distant Defense 3 at 5-stars. I misread the page...

Also please let me +10 Bridal Charlotte and Summer Cordelia without whaling again.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

1 minute ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Spring Festival: Lucina was powercrept by Kliff. The useless Seal Res 3 is her 4-star skill, Swift Sparrow 2 requires her to be at 5-stars. Carrot Lance+ is more useful than Blue Egg+ because there are more defensive lance units than defensive blue tome units.

Nohrian Summer: Leo was powercrept by Julius. And again, Seal Res 3 is his 4-star skill. Meanwhile, Xander offers Fire Boost at 4-stars and then Infantry Pulse at 5-stars.

Performing Arts: Inigo can become a good anti-Lynhardt with Gronnraven/TA/Bowbreaker. Meanwhile, Olivia only unlocks Distant Defense 3 at 5-stars.

Also please let me +10 Bridal Charlotte and Summer Cordelia without whaling again.

I agree with you about Spring Lucina... Carrot Lance can be a good defensive weapon, especially if the user also uses Fury, which reduces the damage taken after combat to 2 HP. We need a +7 Def Lance... similar to how Berkut Lance is a +7 Res lance.

Infantry Pulse would keep Xander as a 5★ unit, similar to the Valor skills would keep others.

Olivia has Distant Def 3 at 4★, and that's the reason to why I believe she would keep her 5★ status, while I prefer Young Azura than Inigo as Green Mage Dancer.

It would be cool to have Cordelia on the normal pool, since I would like to have access to Dull Close.

Yeah, I misread the page. My alt won't complain about dropping Inigo, he's a fixture on that account's Arena offense team. Though a lot of that is his anti-Lynhardt build, and I don't score enough to stop seeing them.

Looked up when Dull Close unlocks - it's 5-stars just like its ranged counterpart on M!Morgan, and Sturdy Blow is Summer Cordelia's 4-star skill. Spring Alfonse also has Sturdy Blow as his 4-star skill.

Yeah, I'd demote Lilina over Roy. Roy has Bow Valor to begin with, and has a statline similar to Reinhardt except with more Atk and Res. Just give him a Brave Bow+ and Def Ploy, he already comes with Death Blow 3.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

17 minutes ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Yeah, I misread the page. My alt won't complain about dropping Inigo, he's a fixture on that account's Arena offense team. Though a lot of that is his anti-Lynhardt build, and I don't score enough to stop seeing them.

Looked up when Dull Close unlocks - it's 5-stars just like its ranged counterpart on M!Morgan, and Sturdy Blow is Summer Cordelia's 4-star skill. Spring Alfonse also has Sturdy Blow as his 4-star skill.

Yeah, I'd demote Lilina over Roy. Roy has Bow Valor to begin with, and has a statline similar to Reinhardt except with more Atk and Res. Just give him a Brave Bow+ and Def Ploy, he already comes with Death Blow 3.

I would +10 Spring Alfonse if he was a 4★ unit.

And LA! Roy is really good. He has mixed defensive stats, and he works pretty well with a Guard Bow + Distant Def. He also works with Close Guard + Close Def Seal, and with a Guard Bow with Def refinement, he will have 36 Def/Res in enemy phase.

I'm of the opinion that when a seasonal banner would come around for a third time, the units should instead be added to the 4-star pool of the new and rerun banners instead of being its own banner.

For example, Spring #3 would have two banners, one with the new Spring #3 seasonal units as the focus and the Spring #1 seasonal units in the 4-star pool and the other with the Spring #2 seasonal units rerun as the focus and the Spring #1 seasonal units in the 4-star pool.

It would also be nice to add said older seasonal units to the 4-star pool of Legendary Hero banners.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I would +10 Spring Alfonse if he was a 4★ unit.

And LA! Roy is really good. He has mixed defensive stats, and he works pretty well with a Guard Bow + Distant Def. He also works with Close Guard + Close Def Seal, and with a Guard Bow with Def refinement, he will have 36 Def/Res in enemy phase.

As a mega-whale, I +10’d Spring Alfonse. Brave Axe Lancebreaker Galeforce build helped me on so many harder maps - smash a lance foe and get out of range of a sword or mage foe. Before the bonus unit KO points, I sent him to grind Wary Effies to dust.

Too bad my Valentine’s Roy is -Res. Guard Bow went to Faye instead. The copy I settled on is +Atk, which is why I’m going Brave.

37 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm of the opinion that when a seasonal banner would come around for a third time, the units should instead be added to the 4-star pool of the new and rerun banners instead of being its own banner.

For example, Spring #3 would have two banners, one with the new Spring #3 seasonal units as the focus and the Spring #1 seasonal units in the 4-star pool and the other with the Spring #2 seasonal units rerun as the focus and the Spring #1 seasonal units in the 4-star pool.

It would also be nice to add said older seasonal units to the 4-star pool of Legendary Hero banners.

I couldn't agree more with you. What IS will do next year? A new Spring Heroes banner, with the rerun of the previous 2 banners? NO, PLEASE! Most of them are considered bad units for today standards, and some of them already were considered bad when they became available. I don't mind if units like Summer Young Tiki or Halloween Myrrh become 5★ units in the normal pool, but most of the seasonal units could easily be 5★-4★ heroes in the pool, or even 4★-3★ in some cases.

I also liked your idea of getting some of them as 4★ in Legendary Heroes banners. It would help some players who despite didn't summon the focus unit they want, they at least would summon some copies of limited units.

At least IS could give us the 4★ Heroes banner, but with only seasonal heroes as focus... It's not the solution we want, but at least it's something. There are 58 Seasonal Heroes that were summonable in some point of the game... IS need to do something about it!

Edited by Diovani Bressan