New Voting Gauntlet: Nifl Vs. Nifl!

Diovani Bressan

Voting Gauntlet: Nifl vs. Múspell  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Nifl vs. Múspell: What hero will you support?

• Fjorm: Princess of Ice
    • Surtr: Ruler of Flame
    • Gunnthrá: Voice of Dreams
    • Laevatein: Searing Steel
    • Hríd: Icy Blade
    • Laegjarn: Sheathed Steel
    • Ylgr: Fresh Snowfall
    • Helbindi: Savage Scourge

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/2018 at 02:59 AM

@Sunsurge I hadn't thought this way... huh.

@daisy jane For me "The Emmerynn", much like The Camus or The Garnef is a npc trope rather than that of a playable character. It's basically a good, pure, kind and powerful older woman who has to die early in the game as motivation for the protagonists. Emmerynn i believe was the very first case of this in FE, but Mikoto was basically the same too, and now Gunnthra. 

Edited by RexBolt

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

This is why I hate it when they have the theme of the gauntlet be the first round. It makes no sense. The last round should be top nifl against top muspel ><

Normally, I'd agree, but I can't help but feel a bit giddy that Nifl beat Muspel. As much as I like all the characters (including the Muspelians), I associate strongly with ice, so the Kingdom of Ice totally beating out the Kingdom of Fire just kind of makes me all bubbly inside, hehe. X3 It's part of why, even though Laegjarn is someone I really respect, I couldn't choose her over a Niflian. Same with Helbindi, but again, I like all of them, so I would've been pretty happy with whoever winning.

1 hour ago, RexBolt said:

@daisy jane For me "The Emmerynn", much like The Camus or The Garnef is a npc trope rather than that of a playable character. It's basically a good, pure, kind and powerful older woman who has to die early in the game as motivation for the protagonists. Emmerynn i believe was the very first case of this in FE, but Mikoto was basically the same too, and now Gunnthra. 

Actually, all three are considered to be under one archetype, which is the Cornelius (father of Marth). Basically, any family member or mentor that happens to croak early to halfway through the story is considered to be part of the group. Hector (in Binding Blade), Elbert, Fado, and Greil are such examples.

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

As much as would have liked some Muspel chars in round 2/3, I chuckled at the new topic title regardless. 

I had to change the title of the topic, or it would be wrong.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

40 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Glad Gunnthra won, hope she can continue.  She never was an arena bonus unit, unlike every other unit in this gauntlet.  It is time for her to shine.

Well... she never was a Arena Bonus unit, but she already won a Voting Gauntlet before...

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Well... she never was a Arena Bonus unit, but she already won a Voting Gauntlet before...

She deserves another, not ever being an arena bonus unit is pretty huge.  

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I had to change the title of the topic, or it would be wrong.

So basically, Nifl repelled the Muspell forces so effectively in the first round they didn't realize until the next that they fucked up the gauntlet theme. And are just like, "So ... should we train against one another?" "Sure ..."

16 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

So basically, Nifl repelled the Muspell forces so effectively in the first round they didn't realize until the next that they fucked up the gauntlet theme. And are just like, "So ... should we train against one another?" "Sure ..."

I thought it was more like they repelled the forces and are now celebrating with a friendly competition amongst one another. This seems to be a thing royal families do when there are 4 royal siblings. Maybe the winner gets tickets to a scenic vacation spot or something. Considering Nifl, hot springs makes the most sense, even if the stereotype makes me cringe a little.

12 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Well, I'm guessing Ylgr is going to win with the multiplier in the last hour. How's the other match going?

We’re in same hell, but Fjorm has the considerable lead, so she’s a lock to win.

So it's Fjorm vs. Ylgr.  The first round Fjorm:Ylgr ratio was about 1.59:1, and the second round Fjorm:Ylgr ratio was about 1.76:1.  I'm curious to see where the folks in Teams Gunnthra and Hrid go.  My hunch says that it's going to about a 2:1 Fjorm:Ylgr ratio when the final round starts because I think more folks flock to Fjorm than Ylgr.  The bigger the ratio, the more likely we'll get multipliers lasting through the round.  A Fjorm-Hrid final would've likely been nearly 50:50 - a nightmare scenario for multipliers if same hell is reached at any point (very likely by the middle or end of the first day).

After that nightmare first round with Helbindi with no multipliers at the end, I rebounded to rank 292 in Gunnthra's army in round 2.

Looks like I'm joining Team Boring Feathers Ylgr (from teams Helbindi and Gunnthra). 

If anyone if Team Ylgr wants to add me: ID: 6894944717, lead: Fae, name: DarkAlf

34 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

let me know who you are going to and if you'd like a PA!Olivia, Flying!Nino, Jaffar, B!Ninian, Surtr  etc (with Savage blow 3).  :)

I’m going Fjorm, and as such keeping Caeda as my rep. I’ll appreciate whomever.