Legendary Hero Battle: Hrid

LoneStar

9 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Thanks!

It might be doable with Felicia (most of Flora's job was mage-killing and Iceberg bombing). I don't exactly have a built Felicia but at least with her plate and Speed she can deal enemies like the armours faster than Flora. Theoretically anyway, not sure how the enemies will move if you suddenly change to a colourless maid instead of a red one.

;) I also need a Felicia that wasn't neutral. I want to build her up - but i have - no word of a lie - 5 neutral Felicias. (like. outside of the 2 the game gives you). 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

So. This map can be really annoying, and those ice bridges sure made me do a double take. But at least I can finally do a proper Ice Emblem clear on an ice map!

Didn't know Hector and Joshua were Ice-related, but I'm always learning new stuff here. :-) Curious team, never thought they could make a themed clear together. Nice how also the KoF track fits very well. 

I think Hector chuckled a little when that OC-whelp attacked him. When the green mage didn't attack first, I thought for a second you had DC on Joshua. 

Apart from some close survivals, your team was clearly superior here and worked well together. 

So yeah my original clear AKA Flora accompanies Ninian in showing her fellow dragons the beauty of ice

Funny how the boss unit in both of your clears is more or less irrelevant.

The attacking sound of Myrrh is too cute. This team is even stronger, they shouldn't have problems with Abyssal either. 

Congrats on both clears! 

@mampfoid Argh, so jealous you have an Alm! Really clever use of Smite from Cherche to get Alm in range! Also interesting to see the return of Armourslayer B!Roy again but then I remembered this was Abyssal and not Infernal.

Thanks! Yeah, In my first tries Roy struggled with the armor (dies from Glimmer if using Brave+) also he can't kill the healer (!) with his default kit and without extra buffs. Armor Slayer was more or less the easy way. 

Yeah Alm with refinement is great. Funny that 2 of 3 Alms were +ATK and off-banner pulls. Hopfully he (and/or Celica) will get a legendary version. 

Edited by mampfoid

@mampfoid That Smite from Cherche! I didn't catch that she had Smite when you showed her build so I thought she was going to poof over to Alm and Swap with him but Smite is more fun.

For my clear, I'm going to be honest that I did not like this map despite it being open. Having my units engage in combats where they can't counterattack or their weaker defensive stat is being targeted does not suit my playing style but I did what had to do it keep my units in formation. 

Notes: 

Camus needed both the Close Defense 3 seal and S rank support with Cecilia to survive turn 2 enemy phase.

Reinhardt needs the Atk + 3 seal to 2HKO the sword fighter in 2 hits so he doesn't need to equip Swordbreaker in favor of keeping Lancebreaker

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

@mampfoid That Smite from Cherche! I didn't catch that she had Smite when you showed her build so I thought she was going to poof over to Alm and Swap with him but Smite is more fun.

Swap wouldn't have worked, Alm was out of WoM range (too much HP). Shove would have worked though, see @Baldricks clear:

18 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

For my clear, I'm going to be honest that I did not like this map despite it being open.

Whoo, Camus tanking both the Manakete and Hrid's Moonbow was surprising. What are you doing with all your feathers if this guy still hasn't merges? 

First I was like: "Why doesn't Roy just kill the Thief and the Archer? GF would proc." But then I saw he didn't double against the Thief, so Escape Route was quite handy in that moment. 

Congrats! 

6 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

@Landmaster

Carrying the Lachesis discussion over here.

If your other units are identical, I’m betting that the Manakete is going after her because it can double and KO her. I don’t suppose you have anyone faster, or some way to kick her Spd up? 31 should do it.

Actually, I imagine the problem is because the other units aren't identical (at least the Armor and dancer but I don't think the dancer matters). I don't really have a replacement for Arden, so I was trying to do it with H!Myrrh, but her Res is too high. I tried BK but he can't live one round for me to even see if the Manakete goes in his direction. And my Arden is only 4* so even if I grind him to Lv40, I doubt he'll be able to survive very long. Otherwise, it may be because Lachesis is too slow.

I do have Halloween Mia who is faster, but I imagine she might change the AI too much, since I saw people saying Cav Healers also ended up changing their AI.

5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo @mampfoid @Ginko @NegativeExponents- @Landmaster @Rafiel's Aria @daisy jane @Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @Vaximillian @Azuris @Nanima @Usana

So. This map can be really annoying, and those ice bridges sure made me do a double take. But at least I can finally do a proper Ice Emblem clear on an ice map!

Hrid LHB clear with units associated with Ice or wielding Ice-related weapons (Maltet is the Blizzard Spear while Audhulma is the Ice Blade, Flora is from the Ice tribe and Ninian is an Ice Dragon)

Team is +Spd/-HP Flora, +Atk/-HP Bride Ninian, +Res/-HP Brave Hector and neutral Joshua

Music is Ice Place from the King of Fighters 2000 soundtrack (I can finally properly use this!)

-Everyone did their part here, and all the seals were really important. Probably the main MVP is Bride Ninian, as her Guidance seal allowed needed mobility for everyone, especially Bector and his armour movement. I originally had her Chill Atk for the theme but she really needed WoM to dance Flora out of the lance cavalier's range (and her flier mobility helped so she can dance on the water tile). Also Atk Tactic is such a great investment on her, I really need more Legaults.

Also who cares about Gravity effect if Ninian's Guidance can help Flora reach the other side of the map (after another dance)!

-Flora shows her strength in cold environments. Oh and also maps with green mages. I sure am glad she's a coloured dagger for this map- she deals really good damage even on the axe armour. Also her Atk Smoke is crucial so my +Res Bector can survive as much as he can, with enough HP to tank the enemies (or in a later case, cause the lance cavalier to target Ninian instead of KOing him). 

Also, while not in the final clear, Flora can even KO the blue manakete with Iceberg if she has Drive Atk support AND can also counter kill the bow cav if she has Distant Def seal. Also her Res is so high she can Atk Ploy that darn manakete if she equipped it for more survivability. Oh and at full health she can also deal with Hrid (but enemies around him would be a problem).

-Bector is a beast. I am so glad I had him as +Res, even if it's not the most ideal boon. With his Res Wave, he barely survived that turn while battling the darn manakete.

-Brazen Atk/Res works really well with Joshua since he needs a little bit of oomph with his stats. He did his job holding down the corner, and had to bait the green mage and keep it occupied (otherwise the axe flier breaks the ice and green mage targets someone else).

Oh if you haven't noticed, they wore the Nifl accessories for more themed fun.

----

Also as a bonus, this clear is my actual first clear (and gave me the idea to do the Ice clear since it uses half of the units). As soon as I saw that darn Bold Fighter lance armour, all bets were off and it was fair game for me to use my own broken armours. Horse Emblem didn't work, so I'm glad this one worked better. I love EP units.

So yeah my original clear AKA Flora accompanies Ninian in showing her fellow dragons the beauty of ice

Hrid LHB clear with units associated with Ice or wielding Ice-related weapons.

Team is +Spd/-HP Flora, +Atk/-HP Bride Ninian, +Res/-HP Halloween Myrrh and +Atk/-Spd Legendary Tiki

Music is Diamond Dust from the King of Fighters 2002 unlimited match soundtrack

-Armored March + Guidance is fun timez

Ice Emblem themes were nice and even put in a lot of work together. The first one is my favorite, Guidance with Hector really shined and the Brazen Atk/Res on Joshua let him survive as long as he needed to. B!Hector is really insane, especially with his Even Res Wave on this map. And Flora's Red Dagger makes her a hugh help with all the greens on this map, really nice!

Dragon Ice Armors were also fun. Tiki and Myrrh work really well together being able to take out what the other can't and the Armor March makes them a devastating combo.

On 11/30/2018 at 9:06 AM, mampfoid said:

Whoo, Camus tanking both the Manakete and Hrid's Moonbow was surprising.

Same here. I usually play with map animations off so I just saw him and the manakete disappear into Camus and did not know how close it actually was until I recorded the run.

On 11/30/2018 at 9:06 AM, mampfoid said:

What are you doing with all your feathers if this guy still hasn't merges? 

For works of beauty like these two

Spoiler

5PPTbNa.jpg

sVp00pZ.jpg

Edited by Flying Shogi

20 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

How to deal with Freezing Seal: bombard Hríd from 4 spaces away.

Poor guy.

Edit: and another Julia Assisted Solo, because the last one amused me.

Hide contents

Forgot to comment on these, sorry! The Pain+ really works to get rid of Hrid right away. And like Mcsilas, you both use Tiki and Myrrh to get rid of everyone else pretty easily.

I love these Julia solos. Her Res is insane and she's a Dragon killer on top of it (I really hate that Manakete). She's really fun to watch on these~ 

3 hours ago, Landmaster said:

I do have Halloween Mia who is faster, but I imagine she might change the AI too much, since I saw people saying Cav Healers also ended up changing their AI.

Well, the enemy cleric is in range of a Cav healer after the tank swaps in, so she prefers to move away before healing Hrid. At least, that was my observation from testing with Elise.

I’m not sure what would happen with Mia. I guess I could try it out, though I’m not sure I want to promote Pain+ fodder.

Edit: I’m glad you’re enjoying the Julia clears! I half-tried the Ryoma map, but he’s one tough nut and doesn’t get OHKO’d by Glacies...I may tweak things and try again.

Edited by LordFrigid

3 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Well, the enemy cleric is in range of a Cav healer after the tank swaps in, so she prefers to move up two spaces before healing Hrid. At least, that was my observation from testing with Elise.

I’m not sure what would happen with Mia. I guess I could try it out, though I’m not sure I want to promote Pain+ fodder.

Edit: I’m glad you’re enjoying the Julia clears! I half-tried the Ryoma map, but he’s one tough nut and doesn’t get OHKO’d by Glacies...I may tweak things and try again.

Yeah the big thing is I really don't know if I want to promote another Lucius/Azama to do it (especially since I only have 3* ones left). I have been testing a bit and it seems I can make the Manakete go to the left if I move a red unit over there like H!Nowi but I need to come up with a new setup in that case. I'll probably be looking around for more solutions to see if there's something I can figure out.

Ryoma's bulkier than I thought, I'll look forward to it if you can figure it out!~

On 29.11.2018 at 8:45 PM, Alkaid said:

If you run the same kind of blade tome build on Summer Tana or another of your red mages, you can probably do the same thing I did with Camilla. The dancers just need WoM and that 2 are able to survive and whittle down/kill that blue manakete. You might only need 1, but that's just how it worked out for me. Stuff like Celica with her refine and Special Spiral AOE Ophelia can also pull it off. (though you might not have those, as I don't)

Thank you. It's kind of you to help me, but I was so fed up with this map, that I bit the bullet and paid the 20k feathers for Galeforce on Lucina to make the one turn clear happen. But I still appreciate it.

On 29.11.2018 at 9:02 PM, mampfoid said:

To be honest I've been a little lazy with the old maps which got Abyssal added with their rerun. Solving Lyn, Lucina and Ryoma originally at Infernal in one turn was interesting and challenging. Having to solve the same thing again, just with more bloated stats isn't that motivating for me. Did it with Grima and Hector, but Lyn, Ryoma and Lucina will have to wait. 

I totaly get that. It's harder but still the same map so the motivation isn't that same.

@mcsilas

Nice themed clear, an ice team on an ice map. Hector did quite some work here, and Ninian was so helpful to help everyone zip around and outmaneuver the enemies. Well done. The frost flower on Flora was also really nice, quite fitting.

My boy Lewyn took care of Hard, Lunatic and Infernal like it was child's play.  Infernal just took 2 tries (I originally had 3 dancers and Lewyn) Him, Silvia, Azura, and Sigurd (with reposition) was the team.  The first turn is why Sigurd is needed, want to kill green armor knight, dance kill Hrid, then reposition other dancer so she is able to dance Lewyn one more time.  After that kill a couple units per turns, space the dancers well....it all goes down pretty smoothly.  

This was tough. Even Lunatic took me a while, and I couldn't do Infernal or Abyssal with my usual Tana/Corrin/Ninian/Azura team, but swapping out Corrin for another Azura to go all-in on dancers worked.

tumblr_pj1lywraG51rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pj1lz9WZJA1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pj1lz6iF2c1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pj1lz7tig81rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pj1lz35Y2e1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pj1lyzjzXU1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pj1lz0wbzB1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pj1lyx5HrM1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pj1lz2TNfb1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pj1lz5jPqQ1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pj1lzdWXB11rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pj1lzkOhWm1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pj1lzjf9LZ1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pj1lzeQsGJ1rj8duz_540.png

tumblr_pj1lzg0oBC1rj8duz_540.pngtumblr_pj1lzhbVeR1rj8duz_540.png

5 hours ago, Azuris said:

I totaly get that. It's harder but still the same map so the motivation isn't that same.

Don't get me wrong, I like hard challenges. If there is a new map, I'm motivated to solve it at the highest difficulty. If an old map is rerun with a new difficulty, the first thing I feel is degradation of my previous accomplishment but zero excitement to get new "content". 

22 hours ago, daisy jane said:

;) I also need a Felicia that wasn't neutral. I want to build her up - but i have - no word of a lie - 5 neutral Felicias. (like. outside of the 2 the game gives you). 

Darn. I know that feel, still waiting on the perfect-natured one before upgrading a Felicia as well. I think if I remember correctly- did you have a L!Tiki? She does well in this map so pair her up with an Armour Marcher and have an anti-mage to get rid of the green mages.

@mampfoid Thanks! yeah Hector is kind of cheating since he can't normally wield the Maltet in his games but they gave the Blizzard Spear to him in FEH so good enough for me! Also Joshua is a strange case as well since his homeland is a windy desert but for some reason one of the treasured weapons in their homeland is an Ice Sword so there you go. I was mostly just looking for weapons of the same element in the wiki and that's how I found out about these.

5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Darn. I know that feel, still waiting on the perfect-natured one before upgrading a Felicia as well. I think if I remember correctly- did you have a L!Tiki? She does well in this map so pair her up with an Armour Marcher and have an anti-mage to get rid of the green mages.

sorry dumb question time.... 
what's an anti-mage? is that like, Jaffar or Innes because of their weapons?

30 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

@mampfoid Nice clear!  I'm always amazed at how powerful Alm is even against blue dragons...makes me wish I had him. x)

Thanks!

Well, Abyssal Tiki laughed about the scratches Alm did to her. Otherwise you are right. I'm running him with CA2 in AA and he kills most +10 Nowis. 

Abyssal is such a painnnn. So far this is only map I'm unable to complete :/ and it's incredibly frustrating. Debuffs everywhere and ranged cavs are no fun at all to face. Special shout out to that insane manakete. I might bite the bullet and use a guide but that wouldn't be very satisfying :C

At least I beat infernal with L!Tiki, B!Ephriam, H!Mia and YT!Olivia for the orbs :D 

Was up past midnight last night doing this. I nailed down killing Hríd on turn 1 fairly early on (Atk Tactic 3 + Reinhardt charging Blazing Thunder on the Axe Knight + Nino being danced up to Swap and body-block), but I couldn't kill the damn greens quickly enough until I swapped Nino's Distant Def seal for Brazen Atk/Res (specially upgraded for the occasion).

Bride Ninian continues to be the best thing that ever happened, allowing me to run Tactics and two dancers. Her array of Speed buff options helped, too.

@Hilda I am seriously impressed that you're keeping up with all these maps with the still-unmergeable Askr trio. Fantastic!

@LordFrigid @mampfoid I knew this was going to be cake for you two given the layout of the map. Still, the fact that you're able to trivialize this difficulty which I'm not even going to bother attempting is really something. One turn clears are just... so convenient in these cases. Also Armorsmasher+ Brave Roy though!

@Alkaid Not even my +10 Nino can do what Camilla did here. You trivialized the map as well to nonsensical levels. Well done.

@Hilda The true final battle of Book II. Your team brought it here. Anna with teleporting Galeforce, Alfonse dishing out huge damage and Sharena being a force of nature with tri-bonds. It was just beautiful. Veronica of course played her role well. What made this clear unique was that most clears dispatch Hrid quickly, but you dealt with most of the map while enduring the effects of his B skill which only made it even more impressive.

@mcsilas I knew you were going to use "Ice Place" for this map. It didn't disappoint though. Hector did exactly what I thought he was going to do but watching Joshua and Flora work was a sight to behold. Good clutch with ATK Smoke as well. Can I have a flying dancer too?... please?...

The second clear was just magnificent. Your team was simply unstoppable. L!Tiki and H!Myrrh are so ridiculous on their own but when paired up, given Aether and supported by a Guidance dancer you may as well just throw your hands up right there. Then you have Flora cleaning house around then and it's just an all-star show. It's a wonder you didn't destroy Abyssal with this team as well. I also really enjoy hearing Tiki go "...Ehm..."

@Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @Vaximillian @Nanima @kirauza343 @ruruo @daisy jane @eclipse @Cute Chao @Usana @Ginko@Landmaster@Azuris

Well, I spent hours trying to beat this map just to get the orbs but after clearing my head and going in again the next day I realized it could have really been done in 30 minutes tops. I had a long rant in my head detailing what's been going on with me and this game but you know what? It's December. The last month of my clears, so let's put all that aside and just enjoy the ride.

Matthew team couldn't crack this one at first and I beat it with a makeshift team, but the key to cracking the map was getting the healer to do something other than attacking for the first turn, and that meant chip damage. For the first time ever I actually had to give Genny a full Pain+ set for a clear. 20k had to be popped, but It was worth it. Still, she's not the MVP of this map. I still struggled to overcome Hrid's army until I changed my way of thinking and decided to try something new. Turns out... Matthew wasn't who I needed to rely on, but Ayra.

For the first time, Ayra was the MVP of this map. Here she proved her mettle with mixed phase capabilities, getting kills few other units could on enemies she should not have been able to face all while giving crucial drive support to her allies. All this time I've been relying on my Matthew who I've built from the ground up, from nothing to a wall of death, the king of my army. But I've kinda forgotten that Ayra is sort of his queen on this team. She's always been there. She never needed any big SI, no SS, no huge boosts from her allies, she was a death dealer straight out the gate. It reminds me that at one point, she was the single most powerful sword unit in the game. A title she rightfully deserved.

For the Morgan clear, the opening was similar, but the clear is very much different. Very touch and go as well. I've always said the Morgan clears were like puzzles but this was probably one of the most complex. Every move had to be calculated, every dance, position and attack done in a certain order or failure was absolute. Regardless, it felt earned and rewarding, and it's nice to feel that feeling again so close to the end of my teams' journeys. 

Not interested in an Abyssal clear. I'll beat it somehow, but for this last month, I'm stress free. 

Cheers~

Edited by Zeo