Legendary Hero Battle: Hrid

LoneStar

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Wow, showing off

Na, only one refinement here. I wish fallen Celica would get the same treatment though. 

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Well, even for babysitting purposes, trenches make his job hard.

Yeah trenches ... keep forgetting about them, because I'm Flier/Flier/Infantry. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SatsumaFSoysoy Hrid really sealed the deal for you here. Veronica was invaluable as always but Hrid's weapon and effect truly turned the tide in your favor. Of course, Cordelia darting around the battlefield like the death dealer she is is never unimpressive either. You really picked this one apart.

Also that track you used is everything I didn't realize I needed in my life.

31 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Na, only one refinement here. I wish fallen Celica would get the same treatment though. 

Yeah trenches ... keep forgetting about them, because I'm Flier/Flier/Infantry. 

I doubt FCelica would get anything soon, honestly.

28 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Hrid really sealed the deal for you here. Veronica was invaluable as always but Hrid's weapon and effect truly turned the tide in your favor. Of course, Cordelia darting around the battlefield like the death dealer she is is never unimpressive either. You really picked this one apart.

Also that track you used is everything I didn't realize I needed in my life.

I'm starting to like using Hrid more and more.

Free jazz is great for the battlefield!

@mampfoid you insane crazy person x'DDD I can't believe you managed to work out a one turn for this map. You make it look so easy!! Smiting Alm for the final axe flier is hilarious! Well done this is was great! Loved seen Alm and B!Roy here, don't see them that often. 

@Zeo Ayra did soo good on this map! Can't believe she tanked Hrid and also took out the blue manakete. Matthew held off the left side really well by himself very well. I really liked your use of swap on this map too. 

This Morgan clear was very satisfying to watch as well! Loved how Morgan took out Hrid on his clear, omg when he called Hrid "Amatuer" haha x'DD. His tome seemed to be really useful with the buff and debuffs. Priscilla also stood out for me, she did great with Pain +. On both clears I really liked your use of Swap since the maps can get so compact with so many reinforcements. 

_______

Phew okay... super last minute Abyssal clear (did it something like 2 hours before the map disappeared :wacko:) Apologies for the rush in this video, I really needed to sleep at that point, but still wanted a video for reference at least. Thought I'd share it anyway, since I was just so happy to have finally done it.  Maybe I will upload a cleaner version of this when his map comes back.

This one was so fiendish. My normal team  couldn't take Hrid's Panic Ploy and all the debuffs on the map so I swapped out Michalis and Veronica for Lene and Reinhardt for a more offensive set up. 

A few notes:  

• Reinhardt has Desp. for absolutely no reason (wanted to try Braspersation Rein at one point, but abandoned the plan) I had to take off Lancebreaker anyway to charge Luna on the Lance Knight to take Hrid in one turn. 
  • Lene was used solely for Safeguard and Escutcheon which I didn't have on Olivia. Those plus Close Def from Jeorge would make the lance cav would go after Ninian. I had tried Olivia before but she got shotted by that cav.

Spoiler

I was able to clear abyssal last night :D and it was all thanks to WT!Olwen and some skill inheritance. I had to get the positioning just right and my dancers had to take on a few enemies themselves, like that ridiculous blue manakete with ploys and dull-ranged. I'm quite happy that in the end I didn't need a guide to beat this :3

2 hours ago, ruruo said:

@mampfoid you insane crazy person x'DDD I can't believe you managed to work out a one turn for this map. You make it look so easy!! Smiting Alm for the final axe flier is hilarious! Well done this is was great! Loved seen Alm and B!Roy here, don't see them that often. 

Glad you liked it! Yeah, smite is fun by design.

BH!Roy was featured in most of my clears, for example Ursula's Infernal map was fun with him, but also Xander's Abyssal map

2 hours ago, ruruo said:

Phew okay... super last minute Abyssal clear

Too bad Michalis didn't work this time, but Jeorge is always great to see. Perfect positioning here, that looked like a difficult puzzle to solve, congrats! I imagine finding the right moment to make your dancers tank something was hard. Hrid on the other hand was erased more or less incidentally. 

Have you considered giving Jeorge Sorcery Blade? I know it's limited because it blocks the A-slot and Jeorge would need some mage dancer friends, but he would be able to take out armors with crazy stats by himself. 

Sorry for being super late for this, college decided that I would barely get free time since last week with a bunch of projects and exams and stuff. Doesn't help that F/GO also had a super grindy event and I decided to focus on that instead so no videos from me until the re-run. 

@mampfoid That was crazy! Despite the inflated Hp you were able to just end those guys very swiftly. Smite and Alm are something you don't see often but they're really good. 

@mcsilas  I'm jealous of your Flora, she looks so fun to use! It was interesting to see how well she pairs with flying dancers and how devasting a 2CD Iceberg can be. I'm also jealous of how you're able to use H!Myrrh so effectively, I have tried with mine but so far I can't get the hang of her playstyle very well. 

@Zeo I totally forgot how AMAZING Ayra is, guess that happens when I focus too much on Eirika but she's really great. She had her base kit and was able to be very badass which is something you don't see often with the popularity of her Slaying Edge+DC set. Cool stuff.

The Morgan clear was very impressive too, it's funny how the stakes always seem higher here because (Amelia aside) everyone is quite squishy and could be OHKO'd if you're not careful. Regardless, everyone did their fair share of work and were able to destroy this map. Congrats!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Nice! The map has debuffers left and right which makes it really hard to take time to breath so the best choice seems to go full offense. Hrid's playstyle seems interesting, although not enough to make me try pulling for him. 

On 12/5/2018 at 7:21 AM, ruruo said:

Phew okay... super last minute Abyssal clear (did it something like 2 hours before the map disappeared :wacko:) Apologies for the rush in this video, I really needed to sleep at that point, but still wanted a video for reference at least. Thought I'd share it anyway, since I was just so happy to have finally done it.  Maybe I will upload a cleaner version of this when his map comes back.

This one was so fiendish. My normal team  couldn't take Hrid's Panic Ploy and all the debuffs on the map so I swapped out Michalis and Veronica for Lene and Reinhardt for a more offensive set up. 

A few notes:  

• Reinhardt has Desp. for absolutely no reason (wanted to try Braspersation Rein at one point, but abandoned the plan) I had to take off Lancebreaker anyway to charge Luna on the Lance Knight to take Hrid in one turn. 
  • Lene was used solely for Safeguard and Escutcheon which I didn't have on Olivia. Those plus Close Def from Jeorge would make the lance cav would go after Ninian. I had tried Olivia before but she got shotted by that cav.

Hide contents

Nice clear, I was wondering what Estucheon was doing on Lene but that was a petty good way to take that hit. Jeorge and Reinhardt made pretty easy work of all the other enemies~ Nice job!

On 12/5/2018 at 7:33 AM, ChickenBits said:

I was able to clear abyssal last night :D and it was all thanks to WT!Olwen and some skill inheritance. I had to get the positioning just right and my dancers had to take on a few enemies themselves, like that ridiculous blue manakete with ploys and dull-ranged. I'm quite happy that in the end I didn't need a guide to beat this :3

Congrats on getting it without a Guide~ Which dancers did you use? That blue Manakete was the bane of my existence, I had nothing for her~

10 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Congrats on getting it without a Guide~ Which dancers did you use? That blue Manakete was the bane of my existence, I had nothing for her~

My dancers were NY!Azura, YT!Olivia, and regular Olivia. I took out the manakete turn 1 with NY!Azura and she was able to do that because of TA, Quick riposte, and Atk Tactic. Kinda of ridiculous I had to do all that just to take out a blue unit with a green one.

On 12/7/2018 at 10:24 AM, ChickenBits said:

My dancers were NY!Azura, YT!Olivia, and regular Olivia. I took out the manakete turn 1 with NY!Azura and she was able to do that because of TA, Quick riposte, and Atk Tactic. Kinda of ridiculous I had to do all that just to take out a blue unit with a green one.

I figured it must have been one of the Azuras~ I really need to get a non-Lolizura~

On 12/5/2018 at 2:44 PM, mampfoid said:

Glad you liked it! Yeah, smite is fun by design.

BH!Roy was featured in most of my clears, for example Ursula's Infernal map was fun with him, but also Xander's Abyssal map

Too bad Michalis didn't work this time, but Jeorge is always great to see. Perfect positioning here, that looked like a difficult puzzle to solve, congrats! I imagine finding the right moment to make your dancers tank something was hard. Hrid on the other hand was erased more or less incidentally. 

Have you considered giving Jeorge Sorcery Blade? I know it's limited because it blocks the A-slot and Jeorge would need some mage dancer friends, but he would be able to take out armors with crazy stats by himself. 

Ahh, makes sense I haven't seen those clears yet, will check them out :D 

Thank you! I do like these Abyssal maps, even though they are quite challenging.
Hm.. my current issue is that Michalis is too tied down as melee ep. If there's a lot of ranged/magic enemies overlapping he sadly becomes dead weight. I could give him DC + Iotes, but he'll sacrifice a lot of stats, and still not be that great tanking magic. It's hard to say if it'll be worth it, wish I had enough Hectors for testing. 

I pulled for Ylgr just in case. Atm not yet, because it's hard for me to field many mage units, and while I have Y!Azura and Shigure, both have no WoM :''''D (Cain... it's been 180984203 years, I'm tempted to 5* Fredrick at this point rip) 

@Landmaster Thanks! I like Escutcheon if the dancer is full support. Helps with survival from time to time :'D

17 minutes ago, ruruo said:

Hm.. my current issue is that Michalis is too tied down as melee ep. If there's a lot of ranged/magic enemies overlapping he sadly becomes dead weight. I could give him DC + Iotes, but he'll sacrifice a lot of stats, and still not be that great tanking magic. It's hard to say if it'll be worth it, wish I had enough Hectors for testing. 

I don't see him with DC either. Perhaps Deflect Magic seal would help him? (Perhaps not, his RES is too low) 

18 minutes ago, ruruo said:

both have no WoM :''''D (Cain... it's been 180984203 years, I'm tempted to 5* Fredrick at this point rip) 

I'm always in need for Cains, luckily I got many from the last legendary banner (while it didn't give me Ryoma and my Hrid is -ATK). 

Often WoM2 from Palla/Freddy is good too. The difference between 40% and 50% isn't worth 20k feathers IMHO. 

• 2 months later...

You guys might remember the time I pulled on the December legendary banner. It went so poorly I forgot to get these orbs.

Let's fix that.

Normal cleared with low HM units.

Hard and Lunatic cleared with my tactics team of Shrio, L!Lyn, L'Arachel and Seigbert.

Infernal is as ridiculous as I heard. I fear what Abyssal looks like.

26 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Well, I couldn't manage to 1-turn Roy,

It's doable, I bet you'll get it done as well. I found a solution and will post a video this evening (my phone doesn't allow audio recording).

28 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

but I managed it for Hrid!

Nice solution with DC Caeda! Minvervas prf boosted Astra wasn't even overkill against the Axe Flier, that was pretty close! Congrats! 

@Nanima, @mampfoid, @mcsilas, @Robert of Normandy, @Landmaster, @Jave, @Alexmender
(and whomever else :) )

okay. This team did the Infernal - so i figure why record the Infernal, when you can record the Abyssal. My Pulls this weekend paid off immediate dividends here. (makes me wish I had more orbs and I could try to get more of the star of this show). She will always be a welcome pity break for me, that's for sure!

As we know - Hrid's entire thing is to benefit him and his buff/debuff, so lots of drives and spurs were needed here. I also needed to upgrade the Flashing Blade Seal to 3 (and Hone Speed seal to 3) - RIP Coins. but as i have many fast units - those were fine to do for this as well. 

Here Goes!

4 hours ago, daisy jane said:

@Nanima, @mampfoid, @mcsilas, @Robert of Normandy, @Landmaster, @Jave, @Alexmender
(and whomever else :) )

okay. This team did the Infernal - so i figure why record the Infernal, when you can record the Abyssal. My Pulls this weekend paid off immediate dividends here. (makes me wish I had more orbs and I could try to get more of the star of this show). She will always be a welcome pity break for me, that's for sure!

As we know - Hrid's entire thing is to benefit him and his buff/debuff, so lots of drives and spurs were needed here. I also needed to upgrade the Flashing Blade Seal to 3 (and Hone Speed seal to 3) - RIP Coins. but as i have many fast units - those were fine to do for this as well. 

Here Goes!

Woooo a Celica solo clear, this strat works great on this map~ Congrats on getting it done on your own!

Now you can do this for all the Abyssals~

@daisy jane

A new face in the Celica & Refreshers club, I see. Congrats on getting that setup going, and have fun stomping Abyssal maps!

48 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Shouldn’t even be struck through ;) .

Semi-related side note: Legendary Azura makes it really easy to beat this map with only Celica fighting. It’s kind of hilarious.

Finally, the BANE OF MY EXISTENCE IS BEATEN

Now that I FINALLY have a unit that can deal with that HORRID Blue Makakete, getting this done didn't take all that long~ Similar strategy to my failed attempt during the map's original run, though rather than Lachesis, Flying Sakura is our Pain+ Healer for the day. Since they both have the same Atk, using Sakura lets Azura use her Tactics~

So Keaton needed Pivot. Yes, literally the Gravity Healer was that annoying and he just couldn't get anywhere that he needed to be on that last wave of enemies. I also don't know why the Lance Cav at the end of the map doesn't kill him. I can only assume the fear of God entered him after being Def Smoked and seeing a werewolf at one cooldown away from an Ignis and decided to attack the harmless Loli instead.

Flying Sakura is an unfortunate -Spd and Spd+3 wasn't really doing much here, so I went with Miracle because it was inevitable that she'd have to take a hit. She actually really impressed me here, this is her first Abyssal run and she more than played her part with her Spur Buffs and Pain spreading~ All Lolizura need was Drive Atk to assure Keaton's kill on the Axe Flier~

Also just want to mention, (since I never do with it being in her base kit) With Everyone! is such an amazing Skill, those extra buffs for Tiki and passing them off to Keaton (and H!Myrrh in the clear for L!Roy) are seriously crucial at times~

And with that, this map is FINALLY out of the way~ 

8 hours ago, daisy jane said:

I didn't think about using her 4 charged special. I was going for the glimmer strategy instead but this one should work. 

9 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I didn't think about using her 4 charged special. I was going for the glimmer strategy instead but this one should work. 

it probably COULD have.moonbow  (haha) is like the only thing i DON'T have on her. I have 
Aura, Fang, Wind, Flame, Light, (I am all about the AoE) - :D (wind is my favourite, so i am hoping once i get my extra Soleil for my +10,  - I have one for Lilina too). 

I just wanted to do as much chip damage as I could

13 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

@daisy jane

A new face in the Celica & Refreshers club, I see. Congrats on getting that setup going, and have fun stomping Abyssal maps!

Shouldn’t even be struck through ;) .

Semi-related side note: Legendary Azura makes it really easy to beat this map with only Celica fighting. It’s kind of hilarious.

It was SOO MUCH FUN.  
LOLI am Loathe to do Fury but with Celica's recoil, it actually makes worth, then it just becomes a battle of nutrition (which is what I generally like most of the time), Celica and her merry dancers were also about to take out Grima with no trouble at all on my first try, so that was great and I've earned the golden goggles. :) I can't figure out how to use them for Roys though. hhmmm

16 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@daisy jane Definitely worth every orb/coin/dew/Cain that went into this! 

You really made Celica shine very fast after you got her, congrats on that clean sweep. Poor Hrid, one of your all-time favs

Very cool how you are cracking the hardest nuts on your own. 

LOL I know. poor Cain doesn't live long in my barracks. I get him - he's POOF gone. I may have to resort to using feathers on Fred, to get that third WoM
thanks very much it's always good when i can accomplish by myself, i feel like i am improving!! :)

14 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Woooo a Celica solo clear, this strat works great on this map~ Congrats on getting it done on your own!

thanks Landy!
haha if only!

@Robert of Normandy  - per usual awesome One round clears. LOL it would be awesome if maybe by next year i could do these (LOL I think i need many cordelias (and feathers!!) though!