What DLC is worth getting for Awakening?

urrutiap

Definitely Apotheosis, the strongest map!

For DLC classes and skills that'll be fun and/or useful especially in that map are: Champions of Yore 3 with +2 All Stats skill, Lost Bloodline 2 for Dread Fighter class, Smash Brethren 2 for the Bride class, and of course, Rogues and Redeemers 3 for Limit Break! None of them are needed to beat Apotheosis, though.

Edited by ChickenWings

Infinite Regalia. It definitely helps for weapons that only have one copy in a normal playthrough, especially if you missed it (particularly in the case of Owain's Missletain). You can also get spare Wolfbergs and Ragnells. The DLC classes are also fun to use, and the scramble maps are great if you like seeing character interaction. There are also maps that make money and exp grinding somewhat quicker and easier.

Have fun by the way, and don't forget to get the Free-LC spotpass characters (you can only get the certain special ones - I won't say who for spoiler reasons- (not the ones that come from past games) towards the end of the game).

Edited by Arcphoenix

Apotheosis. Final DLC map, only real challenge map in the game. You don't need to pick it up immediately (or at all), but this is the hardest map in the game and it's the only map you really need to optimise your army for, so for me it adds a lot of longevity to the game. Also, Chickenwings is spot on here:

11 hours ago, ChickenWings said:

For DLC classes and skills that'll be fun and/or useful especially in that map are: Champions of Yore 3 with +2 All Stats skill, Lost Bloodline 2 for Dread Fighter class, Smash Brethren 2 for the Bride class, and of course, Rogues and Redeemers 3 for Limit Break! None of them are needed to beat Apotheosis, though.

Though I would possibly add DLC Palla to that list (Roster Rescue, I think) she's definitely nowhere near essential - her main claim to fame is Rally Str/Skl/Spe/Heart/Spectrum on one unit, but it's shared by DLC Katarina from Apotheosis itself and you can always run 2 Rally users.

Lost Bloodlines 3 is also one of the fastest grinding maps available and drops the Paragon skill for doubled EXP gain, so it's also useful to streamline grinding for Apotheosis. In a similar vein, the DLC gold and EXP maps are nice, but I don't see them as essentials, EXP especially.

Future Past is always a recommendation for character development and that glimpse into the future.

Infinite Regalia is skippable IMO.

You sort of have to figure that with Limit Breaker and Rallies, you're gaining +22 to your unit's "regular" maximum stat, which is already enough to put an above-average kid unit on par with Anna, the map boss. Add in Pair-Up and Dual Strike and you're doubling her with Brave weapons for six times expected damage (1-2-2-1-2-2-1-2-2-1-2-2). I don't think it needs to be said that you just stomp the mooks flat.

Take away all DLC skills and your above-average kid unit is still stomping mooks (with 50-55 stats) for the most part, since they still have +8 to all stats from Rally skills, +2 from stat tonics, and their pair-up. They'll be on par with maybe a mid-level Apoth boss and... a grade or two below Anna, maybe. Even then Stahl!Severa can muster the stats needed to ORKO the bosses of waves 3, 4, and 5.

Pair-up is exceptionally strong in this game.

38 minutes ago, urrutiap said:

Whats the difference between DLC Marth and the regular in game masked Marth in Fire Emblem Awakening anyway?

there's many versions of Marth in Awakening, from main story to DLCs, but the main differences are usually skills and base stats. let's just say that some are more suited as support units, others can be fine by themself.

DLC/Amiibo are better suited for early-mid game, if i remember correctly.

then there's 2 more versions from SpotPass. the regular one(prince) is very good for supporting, while the other from New Mystery of the Emblem(king) is a beast of a unit, and it can easily become one of the most powerful units in the game with the right skills build.

there's also more to it regarding the story, but i will not spoil it.

On 12/01/18 at 11:19 PM, blaziken25 said:

I liked the Scramble Pack. I like the 'funny' Fire Emblem maps.

Had me crying with laughter the first time I saw a new conversation. Otherwise appreciated for fleshing out characters that don't get much development like Priam.

On 11/28/2018 at 6:24 PM, urrutiap said:

This past Sunday I bought Fire Emblem Awakening and I was wondering what DLC is worth getting for the game?  

This is completely dependent on what you find 'worth' your money.

About half of the maps provide Einherjar Units, with a third of those maps also providing scrolls that can teach a Unit a certain Skill - All Stats +2 for Champions of Yore 3, Paragon for Lost Bloodlines 3, Iote's Shield for Smash Brethren 3, and Limit Break for Rogues and Redeemers 3. Smash Brethren 2 and Lost Bloodlines 2 also come with special Reclass Items, the Wedding Bouquet and Dread Scroll respectively, that can be used to give unique Classes to your Units, with the Bouquet turning any Female Unit into a Bride(using Lances, Bows, and Staves) and the Scroll turning any Male Unit into a Dread Fighter(using Swords, Axes, and Tomes). The additional Units themselves are alright, but you'll generally find the free Spotpass Units or your own Units to be better to use.

There is also a set of three maps designed to help you get EXP, Gold, and Weapons, to make the game a little easier or if you need to grind for anything but don't want to deal with Reeking Boxes. There's one map devoted to each of the three, with one granting just EXP, one granting just Gold, and one granting just Weapons. Pick whichever appeals to you, or get all three. Also, the first time you clear the Weapon map, Infinite Regalia, you can obtain an Eldigan Einherjar. Since he doesn't appear in the free Spotpass DLC, this is the only way to get him.

The Future Past is alright, but overall doesn't provide much in terms of Unit assistance, instead focusing on an alternate timeline where you basically failed. It's nice for character building, especially for the child characters, but it won't do you too much more.

Harvest, Summer, and Hot-Spring Scramble are useful for building Support levels between your Units, and allow you to view some fun little conversations between characters that might not be able to talk to one another otherwise, like Lucina and Noire, or see more interactions between characters who can already Support, like Tharja and Nowi. Robin's conversations in these maps also change based on whether you married or fathered the other character in question(I believe it's Tharja, Cordelia, Gaius, Chrom, Lucina, Severa, Owain, and Inigo, but I'm not 100% certain on all of them), which is a fun little addition. I also find Hot-Spring Scramble to be a reliable source of EXP as well, though it works best with Units who've obtained the Paragon Skill from Lost Bloodlines 3 so it requires a little more work than EXPonential Growth, the EXP-focused map.

The 'Challenge' maps, as I at least call them, are probably the most frivolous maps in the DLC, as they only provide Einherjar Units, which you won't be using if you're good at the game unless you happen to like the the characters. These Einherjar are the Whitewing sisters of Macedon, Palla, Catria, and Est. Of the three, only Catria can be obtained through the free Spotpass DLC, so a fan of Palla or Est can only get their favorite Whitewing through these maps. However, you'll only receive the Einherjar if you clear the map under certain conditions - Est requires you to defeat Algol before he leaves in 10 turns, Catria requires you to clear Five-Anna Firefight without a single Anna dying(it's a LOT harder than it sounds), and Palla requires you to be fast enough to kill all 7 of a special beefed-up type of Risen before they escape the map, hence my dubbing them the 'Challenge' maps.

Finally, Apotheosis. Oh, Apotheosis. Meant to be the game's ultimate finale, this map pits you against several battles in a row, all of which feature enemies of often frustrating levels and power. At the end, though, awaits one of two prizes - a special Einherjar for Katarina, one of only two Einherjar with Shadowgift, allowing the user to wield Dark Tomes without being a Dark Mage or Sorcerer, or the Supreme Emblem, which is mostly there to sit in your Robin's inventory to show off during Streetpass exchanges.

• 9 months later...

Roster rescue is not the hard to challenge at all if you have at least 3 sorcerers with mire, movement+1,Hit rate +20 and galeforce. and a rally user with heart,spectrum,magic and skill within three spaces of the mire using sorcerer. I've tested it out and it worked easily. the sorcerers are MU morgan and noire and tharja with Hit rate +20

A lot of people are saying Apotheosis, but I don’t really think it’s the most difficult. I can easily beat it without rallies, Limit Break (I never bothered to spend money on other DLC), whatever. But that’s unimportant, at least to you. 

Honestly, if you want to beat the game properly, just don’t buy DLC at all. Relying on Infinite Regalia or the EXP map (along with others) to buff your units is an utter joke and a waste of your time.