December 2018 Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

With Book 3 starting next week, I'd say it's safe to assume this LHero will be an OC.

I'm also gonna go out on a limb and say Micaiah (or a Laguz king if beasts are added in 3.0) will likely be January's and Roy will definitely be March's LHero...unless we get another Fateswakening banner(s) in the same month as those.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

With Book 3 starting next week, I'd say it's safe to assume this LHero will be an OC.

I'm also gonna go out on a limb and say Micaiah (or a Laguz king if beasts are added in 3.0) will likely be January's and Roy will definitely be March's LHero...unless we get another Fateswakening banner(s) in the same month as those.

Perhaps they learned a little bit from the past and do the Xander-thing again, using an existing character prominently in Heroes' story. 

On 08/12/2018 at 6:45 AM, mampfoid said:

Perhaps they learned a little bit from the past and do the Xander-thing again, using an existing character prominently in Heroes' story. 

That's a nice idea, but I suspect they'll pick an OC (and a waifu-figure at that) since she'll probably be the new app icon as Fjorm was.

With Eir announced as the Mythic hero of Light, there are a few things worth speculating about:

• Will we have Mythic heroes revealed on a monthly basis? I'm inclined to suspect that these new seasons rotate as frequently and will have new characters introduced for a while to keep up with that.
  • Will they be introduced in the Legendary banners or on their own banners? Eir being on a Hero Fest banner does suggest to me that it's not the norm, with Legendary Banners being a likely way for them to be introduced. I don't like how their effects are only good for Aether Raids though. Anyway, I'm going to update my prediction to include Eir appearing in the colorless slot this month.
  • What kind of criteria makes for a Mythic hero? It's hard to say, but going by the elements, I'm totally expecting Mythic Ayra.

EDIT: If I just bothered to read the update notes, I would've had the answers to all of these questions.

• Eir will return for the December Legendary Banner. This suggests that December will also have a Legendary hero of an unknown color.
  • January will feature a new Mythic hero instead of a Legendary hero
  • The banners will alternate in having a new Legendary or Mythic from then on., so February will be another Legendary, March a Mythic, etc
  • Mythic heroes are supposedly "godlike", suggesting we'd see heroes more along the lines of Naga or Lehran.
Edited by Johann

20 minutes ago, Johann said:

What kind of criteria makes for a Mythic hero?

The update says they are "godlike characters." Whether that means we'll get stuff like Mila and Ashera or it's just fluff is unknown for now.

Just now, Florete said:

The update says they are "godlike characters." Whether that means we'll get stuff like Mila and Ashera or it's just fluff is unknown for now.

Yeah I forgot to add that into my edit

20 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So since there won't be a Legendary in January and we were wrong about our assumptions of the new Light/Dark blessings, I'm thinking Micaiah may actually be December's Legendary after all.

She might actually be January's mythical hero. I don't like how mythical heroes are only useful in aether raids. Kind of boring if you ask me. 

22 hours ago, Florete said:

It’s basically fluff. Eir herself isn’t really something you’d call “godlike” or “mythic”...

3 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

It’s basically fluff. Eir herself isn’t really something you’d call “godlike” or “mythic”...

I thought it was because she's Hel's daughter and Hel seems...not very human. Hard to know what they mean by "godlike" though.

For now, I still predict if Micaiah ever becomes either, it'll be Legendary until we see more Mythic Heroes to see who qualifies~

20 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I thought it was because she's Hel's daughter and Hel seems...not very human. Hard to know what they mean by "godlike" though.

For now, I still predict if Micaiah ever becomes either, it'll be Legendary until we see more Mythic Heroes to see who qualifies~

I think if Micaiah becomes a mythic it probably won't be Micaiah herself.

Mostly because...you know. Chaos.

Edited by mcsilas

On 12/12/2018 at 1:52 AM, Landmaster said:

I guess that’s the developers’ reasoning for Eir. 

Mythic fits Micaiah better unless the new elements will also be given to legendary variants as well. 

Don't we only have three Legendary Blessing/ Stat pairs left (before repeats)? If so, I have to imagine the Legendary/ Mythic alternations will only last until we get those three.

I'm a little bummed that Eir won't be in the normal pool (since I can always dream of getting her from my free Summon), but oh well. I want to think we'll get a Colourless Legend too but I won't hold my breath.

I think Micaiah pulling a Grima to justify being a Mythic Hero could work, though the community may need it explained to them before they stop complaining (since people are still upset with F!Grima).

Also, I just realised Mythic Defence Heroes may have been intended as a band-aid solution to Horse Emblem Defence teams. You can't have a full team of Horses and dancers if you also need a Mythic Hero, right? ...just a though I didn't spend very long on.

8 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Also, I just realised Mythic Defence Heroes may have been intended as a band-aid solution to Horse Emblem Defence teams. You can't have a full team of Horses and dancers if you also need a Mythic Hero, right? ...just a though I didn't spend very long on.

Not if the first Mythic Defense Heroe will be the first Cav refresher.

On 12/11/2018 at 9:16 PM, Lord-Zero said:

Actually, Eir was a goddess of healing in Norse Mythology and this iteration seems to be, probably, a demigod at the least. Hel is certainly not human, and "Ruler of the Land of the Dead"? This is THE Hel, not just a character assuming her name. So...Eir is quite literally "godlike".

Honestly, I totally forgot we have the Legendary Banner this week... I hope isn't a character that I like, or a unit that catch my interesting. Although... Legendary Marth will be in this banner... Sorry, Mar-Mar, but I need to save orbs for the beast units or for the next time Gunnthrá appears (which is in February).

10 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Sorry, Mar-Mar, but I need to save orbs for the beast units or for the next time Gunnthrá appears (which is in February).

My thoughts as well, February is stacked with Legendaries I want

2 minutes ago, Johann said:

Yeah... Hríd is returning in February too, right? So the Green and Red colors in February already have my orbs, but my priority is Gunnthrá since she is the closest one to +10 for me (mine is +4).

7 minutes ago, Johann said:

i'm really hoping you're wrong on your red predictions.I need Marth/SY!Tiki, so if Tiki's out, i'm sure Flora will have a focus banner eventually. and i can call this one a pass. 

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah... Hríd is returning in February too, right? So the Green and Red colors in February already have my orbs, but my priority is Gunnthrá since she is the closest one to +10 for me (mine is +4).

yeup. I think he's sharing with Ryoma again. (So not fair). 

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

i'm really hoping you're wrong on your red predictions.I need Marth/SY!Tiki, so if Tiki's out, i'm sure Flora will have a focus banner eventually. and i can call this one a pass.

We'll know in an hour I guess!

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

yeup. I think he's sharing with Ryoma again. (So not fair). 

Nah, Ryoma's in March. We don't know February's color, but the line up so far is Hrid, Gunnthra, Ephraim, and Robin

Just now, Johann said:

We'll know in an hour I guess!

Nah, Ryoma's in March. We don't know February's color, but the line up so far is Hrid, Gunnthra, Ephraim, and Robin

Oh phew. then i have a chance. 
(Not that I mind Hrids. have many a unit who needs that sweet sweet DC). 
I hope Grey' is good in Feb. I'd love to get a Robin finally as well as Ephiraim. 

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

Ryoma is confirmed for the March's Banner. Until now, Hríd is the only Red Legendary Hero confirmed for February.

Thanks, Diovani :) 

I hope it's flying healer Elincia, but I'm not holding my breath since Micaiah exists... Though I actually think Micaiah would make more sense as a Mythic Hero now, where she's technically Yune in Micaiah's body.