Single biggest and smallest map in the series?

Alistair

I think many maps in FE4 are the same size. There seemed to be a maximum size they could be, and I think there are other maps just as big as Doors of Destiny. Any one of these maps will be the biggest.

About any map from Genealogy could count as the biggest, but for specifics, it would probably be the Chapter 10 map or the Final map. Any generic map from Heroes (i.e. pretty much any map that isn't Rival Domains, Grand Conquests, Relay Defense, or Aether Raids) could count as the smallest since they're all the same size. If you want a main series title, probably the dungeon map in Gaiden.

The largest map is either Genealogy Final Chapter or Genealogy Chapter 2. Those maps are hugggeeee. For Non-Genealogy, it would probably be RD Part 3 Endgame or some other Radiant Dawn map.

For smallest, it is definitely the Gaiden dungeon or the little map at the beginning of Fates where you spar with Xander.

On 11/29/2018 at 3:08 PM, Slumber said:

I think many maps in FE4 are the same size. There seemed to be a maximum size they could be, and I think there are other maps just as big as Doors of Destiny. Any one of these maps will be the biggest.

23 hours ago, X-Naut said:

Largest: Genealogy Final

Smallest: New Mystery Prologue-1

13 hours ago, indigoceans said:

About any map from Genealogy could count as the biggest, but for specifics, it would probably be the Chapter 10 map or the Final map. Any generic map from Heroes (i.e. pretty much any map that isn't Rival Domains, Grand Conquests, Relay Defense, or Aether Raids) could count as the smallest since they're all the same size. If you want a main series title, probably the dungeon map in Gaiden.

All of the maps except the prologue in Genealogy of the Holy War are the same size by tile count. And they absolutely beat any other map in the series, they're like 70-90 tiles each way or something. Discounting them, other contenders for the biggest map would be Chapter 17 in Path of Radiance, if you take it as one map, which you kind of can't (of course most Genealogy of Holy War maps kind of play out like that map does anyway in terms of practical execution). Chapter 19 of Thracia 776 is also pretty long, although it's also quite narrow.

In terms of smallest maps, my mind immediately goes to Chapter 4x in Thracia 776. It certainly feels very, very small.

My guesses:

Biggest: Most maps from Genealogy of the Holy War, Radiant Dawn part 3 endgame

Smallest: The prologue map at the beginning of Fates where you fight Xander, random encounters in Gaiden/Echoes, gaiden chapters in FE12